WWE: The Revolution

Wednesday 19th May

WWE Your Vote Counts!

WWE has an upcoming Smackdown Pay-Per-View production in July that currently has been licensed under the "Fully Loaded" name. However WWE Officials have been unable to choose a final name for the event to be held on July 18...This is where you come in! Three PPV names are available and the one which recieves the most votes shall be the name for the Smackdown PPV.

The Names:

Fully Loaded

Vengeance

Breakdown

Thank you, and remember your vote counts!

Basically I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to go for so vote guys and the winning show name shall be the Smackdown PPV's in July. Cheers - Castro

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yep that's right, Breakdown did have the Triple Threat Cage Match. Voting currently stands at: Fully Loaded - 3, Breakdown - 2 & Vengeance - 1. Voting is still open guys so keep getting the votes in for the July PPV name. Apologies for the amount of time it is taking me to get this week's Smackdown up but writers block and extra work has kept me very busy of late. I am working hard on Smackdown today so expect it very soon, in the meantime...more releases, yay.

- Tafka Castroneves

Thursday 20th May

WWE Releases More Superstars

After World Wrestling Entertainment release Rico yesterday there was a surprise annoucement of more cuts from RAW, Smackdown and Ohio Valley Wrestling rosters today. Rico was expected to be a one-off cut and the locker room was said to be very surprised by the amount of wrestlers released this morning by the company. Here is the list of who has left WWE:

Al Snow - RAW Roster

Bill DeMott - Smackdown Roster

Christopher Nowisnki - due to injury

Chuck Palumbo - Smackdown Roster

Dawn Marie - Smackdown Roster

Lamont - Ohio Valley Wrestling

Mark Magnus - Ohio Valley Wrestling

Melina Perez - Ohio Valley Wrestling

Nikita Fink - Ohio Valley Wrestling

Val Venis - RAW Roster

These roster cuts are said to have come from a in-depth look at who realistically would have been used during television shows in the upcoming future of both the RAW and Smackdown brands. There is also talk circulating that some high-profile superstars could be on the way from the company soon after they have worked angles, it is unsure at this time if this is due to WWE's decision or the wrestler's decisions in general but we do know that releasing so many superstars at one time has got up the backs of a lot of wrestlers in the locker rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Smackdown

Thursday May 20th

Arrowhead Pond – Anaheim – California

Smackdown opened with Paul Heyman standing outside in the parking lot with a worried look on his face, he kept looking at his watch before eventually walking away…

Tazz: I wonder who Heyman was waitin’ for Cole.

Michael Cole: I’ve got a funny feeling it would be that mystery tag team debuting here tonight Tazz…

A black limo pulled up at that point and the faint sound of Tazz going “Wo!” could be heard as the Smackdown introduction video started to play. On its conclusion the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim exploded into a massive fireworks display which lit up the Smackdown titantron with different colours.

Michael Cole: Welcome to Smackdown folks, I’m Michael Cole alongside Tazz. Tonight we shall see a mystery tag team debut under the management of Jim Cornette, they will face…Eddie Guerrero and Edge Tazz.

Tazz: I donno why you’re gettin’ so worked up over that Cole! I wanna know what happened to the Undertaker after Judgment Day!

Michael Cole: Doesn’t everyone? It’s going to be a massive Smackdown here tonight, the show after Judgment Day.

The APA’s music started to play over the loudspeakers as Faarooq and Bradshaw made a surprise appearance on the stage with beers in hand. Both men made their way down into the ring and took microphones…

APA Make an Announcement

Faarooq took another gulp of beer as Bradshaw prepared himself to speak.

Bradshaw: Welcome to Smackdown Anaheim! Now let me get right to the point because as we all know tonight’s show is action packed. Me and Ron were sitting in the back drinking and playing poker last week when we thought of an idea. Like us, you people like drinking and that’s what the idea comes from.

Faarooq nodded and turned back to his beer before Bradshaw smiled and continued.

Bradshaw: Hell me and Ron have such a good time drinkin’ in the back that we thought why shouldn’t we bring this weekly thing to the ring for all you people and the Smackdown locker room to join in. So from next week and for many weeks after that we shall have the APA’s Open Bar! Have a nice night and see you all next week!

Bradshaw took a sip of his beer and alongside Faarooq both men left the ring and headed up the ramp – slapping hands with fans on the way.

Michael Cole: Well from next week we shall have the APA’s Open Bar Tazz!

Tazz: I donno what this open bar is Cole but it’s got two thumbs up from me already.

Michael Cole: It certainly has, we look forward to that next week. But coming up tonight ladies and gentlemen we have a massive show for you all. Tazz we will see John Cena go up against the guy that cost him the US title at Judgment Day, we will see a return match for the tag titles, we will see…

Tazz: Hold up Cole, stop hogging the spotlight partner!

Michael Cole: Sorry…

Tazz: Like you were sayin’ we will see Ultimo Dragon defend his Cruiserweight belt, and I can’t wait to see what Kane and Paul Bearer are going to say later on as well…

Michael Cole: Tonight’s Smackdown is going to be one hell of a show!

-: Commercial Break :-

On returning from the commercial break Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi were making their way down to the ring ready to have their return match for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Both men climbed into the ring before they looked towards the titantron. Kyo Dai started to make their way down the ramp as Tajiri accompanied them to the ring – once they were inside the squared circle they looked across at their opponents. The referee took the championship belts and called for the bell as Akio and Scotty looked set to start the match.

WWE Tag Team Championship

Kyo Dai :champions: vs. Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty

Akio faked a lock up and floored Scotty with a right hand before pulling him up and shoving two elbows into his face. Scotty was whipped off the ropes but managed to duck a diving clothesline and came back across the ring with a crossbody into a cover, 1…2…Kick out. Akio turned around into an atomic drop before scrambling across the ring and making the tag to Sakoda. Scotty made the tag to Rikishi and the Phat Man walked straight into a clothesline from Sakoda that made him stagger around, the second clothesline knocked Rikishi against the ropes and allowed Sakoda to run in with a knee to the face! He hooked the leg but Scotty ran in and broke up the pin with a double axe handle to the back. The referee pushed him back into his corner as Sakoda looked on. After waiting for Rikishi to get back to his feet Sakoda locked in a headlock and ran off the ropes. Rikishi countered that by standing tall and knocking his opponent into the mat. Both men ran off opposite ropes and Sakoda took Rikishi down with a massive clothesline that flipped the Phat Man over! The cover, 1…2…Kick out.

Sakoda pulled up Rikishi and whipped him off the ropes, he then attempted a back body drop but couldn’t lift his opponent! Rikishi scored with some punches to the spine and followed that up with a DDT. Both men were down after that move and Scotty started to stamp on the apron in an attempt to will his partner over for the tag. Rikishi got to his feet first and made the tag to Scotty – who climbed into the ring and knocked down Sakoda before knocking down Akio (who had ran into the ring), this brawl continued while Rikishi recovered against the ropes. Scotty knocked Akio over the top rope to the outside before turning around into a RIKISHI DRIVER! Rikishi had planted his own partner with a Rikishi Driver! Sakoda looked across at the Phat Man stunned before going down and hooking Scotty’s leg, Rikishi stood there as the count went down, 1…2…3! He had screwed himself and Scotty out of the Tag Team Titles! Kyo Dai were passed their belts and made a quick exit – they backed up the ramp and looked bemused about what had just happened…

Winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: Kyo Dai

Scotty eventually got back up onto his feet after that screwjob from Rikishi and turned around into a massive kick from the Samoan! The crowd showed their disgust with boos as Rikishi dragged Scotty over into the corner and climbed up the turnbuckle. He came off with a massive Bonzai Drop before climbing up again and dropping down for a second! Scotty held his chest as Rikishi climbed out of the ring.

Michael Cole: Rikishi has attacked Scotty here folks and left his supposed friend down and injured in the ring…I am shocked by this Tazz, this sudden change from Rikishi.

Tazz: Well Rikishi was always bigger than Scotty, it don’t surprise me that the Kish has ended the tag team at all Cole.

The cameras left ringside as Scotty was being attended to and went backstage where Charlie Haas was seated in the locker room. Shelton Benjamin stormed in through the door looking very angry…

Benjamin and Haas Confrontation

Shelton Benjamin: So here is where you’re hiding!

Charlie Haas: Hiding?

Shelton Benjamin: Hey man, you could at least have the guts to come and apologise to me after that stunt you pulled last Sunday!

Charlie Haas: (stands up next to Shelton) What stunt? I don’t remember any stunt Shelton…

Shelton Benjamin: Don’t play innocent Charlie, you screwed me man, I had O’Haire beat till you messed up big time.

Charlie Haas: Wait a minute…I screwed you? The way I remember it I stopped O’Haire from nailing you with a chair and then you superkicked me to the outside of the ring, if anyone should be annoyed…it should be me, not you.

Shelton Benjamin: Why is it Charlie you are always stuck in my business around here? You know what…I am sick of it! Why can’t me and you just go our own ways, because I can’t stand to look at you any more.

Charlie Haas: You want to end this thing with me and you…fine, its ended.

Haas sits down and rummages through his bag as Benjamin just stands there with a surprised look on his face…it then turned from that to a look of anger.

Shelton Benjamin: No, no, no Charlie. It doesn’t just end like this. Me and you, next week on Smackdown. That will end it, and finally I can move on away from my past and towards my future…

Charlie Haas: Whatever man.

Shelton Benjamin: Fine, see you next week.

Benjamin left the locker room as Haas continued to glance through his bag.

Michael Cole: Charlie Haas doesn’t seem to happy about this Tazz.

Tazz: Remember Cole, these two men were a big tag team, they were the biggest tag team on Smackdown for ages. I guess Charlie doesn’t want to leave that behind.

Michael Cole: Maybe that’s the case Tazz, but we know next week it will be Haas against Benjamin in the ring one on one.

“619” started to play back out at ringside as the ex-Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio sprung out from under the stage. He spun around twice before making his way down the ramp and sliding into the ring, Mysterio then pointed out to a big “619” sign in the crowd while taunting on the ropes before dropping back into the ring and awaiting his opponent. Hardcore Holly’s music started to play as the man from Mobile, Alabama walked down to the ring. He jumped onto the apron and climbed through the ropes before awaiting the bell.

Rey Mysterio vs. Hardcore Holly

Holly knocked Mysterio down into the mat from behind as the match got underway. He then pulled up Mysterio and planted a spinebuster into the middle of the ring, Holly pulled up Mysterio for a second time and this time whipped him off the ropes. Mysterio slid through the legs of Holly before coming off the opposite ropes with a massive dropkick! Holly got back up and ran into a spinning heel kick off the ropes from Mysterio, that time he quickly got back up and countered another Mysterio attack into a side buster. Holly made the cover, 1…2…Kick out from Mysterio. He headed up onto the top rope already in the match and went for an elbow drop – which Mysterio rolled out of the way of. Holly had made a mistake and Mysterio took advantage with a cover, 1…2…Kick out. Mysterio pulled up Holly and levelled him with some punches before running off the ropes and attempting a crossbody, Holly countered the crossbody into a powerslam and dropped a standing elbow on Mysterio.

Holly didn’t make the cover and stood back waiting for Mysterio to get back onto his feet, when his opponent did get back to a vertical base Holly ran at him and was tripped onto the bottom rope for his trouble! Mysterio ran off the opposite ropes and went for a 619! He nailed it and Holly rolled back into the middle of the ring. Mysterio stood on the apron and waited for Holly to stand up…eventually Holly slowly got onto his feet and Mysterio saw his chance! He pulled himself up onto the top rope and slipped off! Mysterio fell off the rope while going for the move and fell onto his left leg inside the ring! Holly saw a chance and pulled up the injured Mysterio…Brainbuster! Holly hooked the leg, 1…2…3! That slip from Mysterio had cost him the match!

Winner: Hardcore Holly

Holly celebrated his win on the turnbuckles as Mysterio was helped to the back by the referee following his slip and awkward landing on his left leg.

Michael Cole: An uncharacteristic mistake from Rey Mysterio folks…

Tazz: He just pulled himself up onto the ropes Cole and slipped off onto that left leg, that’s the first time I have ever seen Mysterio make a mistake during a match here on Smackdown.

Michael Cole: It’s an odd evening in all honesty though Tazz, firstly Rikishi turns on his partner and now we see Mysterio slip off the ropes. What else could happen tonight?

Kurt Angle meets the Father

The cameras were backstage with Kurt Angle when Smackdown returned from the commercial break. He was walking down a corridor in the Arrowhead Pond wearing his normal clothes when he stopped and looked beyond the camera. It turned around to reveal Chavo Guerrero Classic standing just in front of Angle blocking his way…

Chavo Guerrero Classic: Well, well, well. Kurt Angle. I would like to say it’s nice to see you…but it ain’t!

Kurt Angle: Hey tell Chavo I appreciated the attack after he cost himself the match on Sunday, that’s all I have to say to you.

Angle attempted to continue his walk when Chavo Classic stepped in front of him.

Chavo Guerrero Classic: You may be finished, but sure as hell I ain’t Angle. My son isn’t here tonight because he’s having another scan on his brain. He needs these scans every few months now to see if he is ok. He will have to do this for the rest of his life and it’s because of you. I have a problem with that.

Kurt Angle:…Not my problem.

Chavo Guerrero Classic: Not your problem? Not your problem?

Chavo Classic snapped and slapped Angle across the face! Angle retaliated by nailing him down into the ground with some fists, he continued the assault on Chavo Classic by kicking him up against the corridor wall over and over…Security pulled Angle back from behind him as Paul Heyman came into shot.

Paul Heyman: Why doesn’t this surprise me Kurt Angle? Why did I know you would be hell bent on destroying the whole family!

Kurt Angle: He started it Paul, he hit me first!

Paul Heyman: You know what Kurt? I don’t care and because I am the Smackdown GM I have the authority to make matches, and I am going to make a match. I was going to give Chavo Guerrero you next week No Holds Barred…but now it’s going to be No Disqualification. Kurt Angle against…Chavo Classic and Chavo Guerrero himself! Oh and before you fancy pulling any more stunts you are suspended from tonight’s show! Security get him out of here!

Security dragged Angle away as he struggled against the five men pulling him away. Chavo Classic got back up and brushed himself down as the action switched back to ringside.

The FBI’s music started to play as Nunzio and Johnny Stamboli made their way down to the ring for wrestling action.

Michael Cole: So next week it is going to be Kurt Angle against Chavo Classic and Chavo Guerrero with No Disqualification!

Tazz: Paul Heyman was very unfair back there though Cole, it was not Kurt’s fault that Chavo Classic slapped him! And because of that he’s been kicked out of the building!

Michael Cole: Kurt Angle deserves anything he gets in my view…

Nunzio was stood in the ring ready for his Cruiserweight Title shot as Stamboli climbed through the ropes and re located himself on the outside of the ring. Then Ultimo Dragon’s music started to play as fire sprayed up from both sides of the stage. The Cruiserweight Champion walked down the ramp with his belt ready for his first title defence since he won the title at Judgment Day.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Ultimo Dragon :champion: vs. Nunzio with/Johnny Stamboli

Nunzio jumped Ultimo Dragon from behind as the bell rang and kicked him before whipping him off the ropes and scoring with a knee to the gut. Nunzio continued the assault by pulling up Dragon and planting a high kick right into his opponents face! The Cruiserweight Champion slumped down onto the mat and desperately attempted to get himself back up after that attack. Nunzio whipped him off the ropes and had a headlock countered into a neckbreaker. The champion managed a quick two count over the challenger before pulling him back up and scoring with a snapmere…then Dragon nailed a stiff kick into Nunzio’s spine! That shot could be heard all around the arena! Dragon continued the momentum that he had and pulled up Nunzio into an abdominal stretch submission. Nunzio struggled for air before eventually wriggling out of the move…and into a full nelson submission! Dragon followed up one submission with another and now Nunzio was going limp!

The referee raised his left arm two times for it to fall before he attempted to get out of the hold on the third arm drop. Ultimo Dragon was having none of it and scored with a full nelson tiger suplex!! Nunzio’s body snapped back on the mat and Dragon hooked the leg! 1…2…3. There was no way Nunzio was getting out of that modified Tiger Suplex, it was brutal. The short burst of momentum had cost Nunzio the Cruiserweight Championship.

Winner and STILL WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Ultimo Dragon

As Ultimo Dragon celebrated with his belt Johnny Stamboli slid into the ring! He floored the champion from behind with a massive clothesline before pulling him up into a massive DDT! Nunzio was ordering Stamboli to continue the assault while holding his neck until Funaki ran down from the back! He ran in with a running dropkick to Stamboli and this led to the FBI making a quick exit up the ramp.

Michael Cole: I guess the F-B-I didn’t take Nunzio’s loss too lightly there Tazz. I have never seen Nunzio or Johnny Stamboli so enraged as they were right there!

Tazz: Oh no doubt about it Cole, Nunzio is one crazy little dude. I remember what he was like in ECW, this is nothing new. It’s just old…if you know what I mean.

Michael Cole: With Funaki making the odds even I can see a future tag match folks, we’ll keep you posted!

John Cena has no easy option

The cameras went backstage where John Cena and Paul Heyman were midway through a heated argument. Cena was looking visibly annoyed with what was happening as the audio picked up.

John Cena: That’s BS Paul, I automatically have a rematch for the United States Championship against the Big Show! Now I want that match tonight!

Paul Heyman: I have already told you John it’s not possible. There is such a long list of people more deserving than you of gaining a US title shot that it’s just not possible.

John Cena: What do I have to do then? Huh?

Paul Heyman: Ok, well seeing as this obviously means a lot to you here is what you can do to get your title rematch against the Big Show…wrestle…tonight.

John Cena: Ok, I’ll wrestle. Name your worst Paul.

Paul Heyman: Well I currently have someone else just as deserving as you for a US title shot, if you beat him tonight…you will have your title shot next week.

John Cena: Who is it then?

Paul Heyman: The A-Train.

John Cena:…

Paul Heyman: And it’s next so go and get ready quickly…oh and good luck John!

Heyman walked away as Cena just stood their thinking about what he would have to face next in order to get his shot at the United States Championship.

On returning from the break A-Train’s music started up around the arena and the monster himself walked out onto the stage. The jets of air went off beside him as he stopped to taunt on the top of the ramp, then he lumbered down into the ring where he awaited his opponent.

Michael Cole: John Cena has got a challenge here in the over 6 foot tall monster the A-Train Tazz!

Tazz: Yep, this is not gonna be easy for the ex US champ Cole. He is going to have to beat this beast one, two, three in the ring in order to even get his title rematch!

Cena’s music cut in over the top of A-Trains as he walked out onto the stage from behind the curtain and raised his two arms in the air. Cena looked down at Train in the ring and performed the “you can’t see me” taunt before running down the ramp and sliding into the ring. There wasn’t going to be any rap today as the referee called for the bell. The match was on.

John Cena vs. A-Train

Cena ducked an A-Train punch attempt and spun around before delivering a massive backdrop! Train looked stunned after that move and walked straight into a second backdrop. Cena was already in his momentum and came off the ropes with a nicely placed elbow drop, he hooked the leg! 1…2…Kick out. Train fought Cena back onto his feet before whipping him off the ropes and scoring a massive bicycle kick to the skull! Now Train made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. It seemed that both men wanted this match to end early! Cena was pulled up off the mat again and Train charged him into the turnbuckle spine-first! He slumped in the corner and took some stomps from Train before being pulled up again and nailed into the corner by some fists. Train followed that up with a suplex out of the corner and a second cover, 1…2…Kick out from Cena. He wasn’t going to give the match up that easily.

A-Train took a look at the referee before locking in a ground headlock on the subdued Cena. The referee checked on him and raised his arm once…for it to rise off the ground! The first attempt saw Cena fight back! He started nailing A-Train with right hands until he released the submission hold, Cena then ran off the ropes and went for a clothesline! He was countered by Train who pulled him up and dropped him down with a massive Baldo Bomb! That would do it for Train! It had to! Train hooked the leg, 1…2…Shoulder up! Cena just managed to shoot the shoulder off the ground and A-Train could not believe it! He went to pull Cena up and was rolled up for his trouble, 1…2…Kick out. Cena nearly stole the match there! The crowd went wild as Cena got back onto his feet and knocked Train over into the ropes; he then whipped him off the ropes and delivered a monkey toss! Cena followed that up with a flip over the seated A-Train into a neckbreaker! He hooked the leg again, 1…2…Kick out.

A-Train got back onto his feet and was given a quick brainbuster by Cena! After that move Cena looked over towards the corner…he then walked over and climbed up onto the top rope. Train started to stir on the mat and eventually got back onto his feet…he turned around and Cena dove off the top rope with a crossbody! Train caught him and delivered a monstrous powerslam – using the momentum that his opponent had carried off the top rope! It took both men out of the game and the referee started the 10-down count inside the ring. 1…2…3…4…5…6…Train rolled over and dropped the arm over Cena, 1…2…Kick out again! Cena wanted his shot at the US Title, and he wanted it bad! Both men struggled to their feet at the same time and engaged in a punches dual which saw Cena take the advantage over his opponent. He whipped A-Train off the ropes and ducked a clothesline attempt before nailing the FU! Train folded into the mat on impact, Cena hooked the leg! 1…2…3! Cena had won! He had taken a lot of powerful moves from A-Train but he had still won! He climbed the turnbuckles in victory as A-Train quickly made his exit from the ringside area.

Winner: John Cena

Tazz: What a win Cole! That John Cena is somethin’!

Michael Cole: He sure is Tazz, he will get his US Title match against the Big Show next week here on Smackdown!

On returning from the commercial break a heavy droning music kicked off around the arena, the lights dimmed and a video started to play on the titantron. After a lengthy pause Jim Cornette walked out onto the Smackdown stage with two men standing behind him…They all made their way into the ring as the stunned silence from the audience and commentators said it all. When the lights came up Cornette had just been passed a microphone.

Cornette makes the Introduction

Jim Cornette: Ladies and gentlemen, I have been around the managerial business in wrestling for many years now and I can honestly say I have never been as full of anticipation about my clients in my entire life. I have now got the chance to take the two top superstars from my development facility out in Ohio and bring them to Smackdown to have their chance at becoming the best – and I honestly believe that you people here tonight are looking at the two next great WWE superstars.

Cornette stopped as the silenced crowd looked over the two men standing behind him in the ring.

Jim Cornette: So ladies and gentlemen without any further ado, I present to you the tag team known as “Disasterpiece”. The two men that comprise this team are…the powerhouse Travis Tomko and the bad ass Kevin Fertig. These two men tonight are ready for their slice of the action…Because you see I didn’t just choose any two men to bring here and to destroy Edge and Eddie Guerrero. I chose the two that I knew could do it. These two men are a disaster to any other team that steps in their way, and tonight…there shall be no exception to that rule.

Fertig and Tomko smirked in the ring as the crowd booed slightly…those boos changed to cheers as Eddie Guerrero’s music hit around the arena! Alongside Edge the WWE Champion made his way out onto the stage and down into the ring.

Michael Cole: We now know folks that Kevin Fertig and Travis Tomko are the mystery team that Jim Cornette has chosen to face Edge and Eddie Guerrero here tonight.

Tazz: I wouldn’t want to get into a fight with either of ‘em, they are two scary dudes. They could shatter glass jus’ by lookin’ at it Cole!

Michael Cole: I bet they could, and here we go Tazz the match is on!

Tag Team Match

Edge and Eddie Guerrero vs. “Disasterpiece” Kevin Fertig and Travis Tomko

Edge and Guerrero jumped on their opponents with punches before getting fought back into opposite corners by the new blood on Smackdown. Cornette was cheering on the outside of the ring as Tomko and Fertig went to whip Edge and Guerrero into each other across the ring…it was countered and the two Disasterpiece members crashed into each other! Fertig was knocked through the ropes to the outside with the impact and that left Tomko open to some double-teaming from Edge and Eddie. They whipped him off the ropes and scored with a double spinning elbow before Edge made his way into their corner. Eddie meanwhile climbed through the ropes onto the apron, he flipped over the ropes in a senton onto Tomko before hooking the leg, 1…2…Fertig was back in the ring and he broke up the count.

The referee backed him into the corner as Eddie pulled up Tomko and whipped him off the ropes into a sloppy spinning backbreaker. Edge reached his hand out for the tag and was tagged into the match. Tomko got back onto his feet and turned around into a kick, Edge ran off the ropes and went for a scissors kick to the back of Tomko’s neck only to have Tomko stand up and grab him around the neck! Chokeslam! The impact made Tomko fall over, and so he took the chance to tag in an eager Fertig. Edge wasn’t moving at all after the chokeslam and had to get pulled off the mat by his new opponent. Fertig whipped him off the ropes and ran in with a massive shoulder charge to the ribs! The cover, 1…2…Kick out. Eddie was reaching his hand out for the tag but Edge kept getting pulled back when he went to make the tag.

Fertig flipped off Eddie with a middle finger and this brought the WWE Champion into the ring. The referee was holding him back and this allowed Tomko to climb into the ring (behind the refs back) and help Fertig nail a double suplex on Edge. Fertig made the cover as the referee finally got Eddie out of the ring, 1…2…Kick out. However Eddie was still angry and made his way up onto the top rope…Fertig stood up and turned around to get nailed with a standing frog splash! Both men crashed into the mat! Tomko got drawn into the ring and was nailed into the ropes by a revitalised Edge. Tomko was whipped off the ropes and nailed with a spear! The impact saw him roll under the bottom rope as Edge then planted a very dazed Fertig with an Edgecution! Eddie had slid out of the ring as Edge hooked the leg! 1…2…3! Edge and Eddie had won the match against the debutants!

Winners: Edge and Eddie Guerrero

Jim Cornette was enraged and reached under the apron, he pulled out a black tennis racket and slid into the ring as the winners music started up! He went to nail Edge and was ducked! Edge grabbed Cornette around the neck before being nailed in the back by a steel chair, Tomko had nailed Edge and then he turned around to deliver a chair shot to Eddie! As Cornette aided Fertig onto his feet Tomko pulled up the WWE Champion and planted a massive chokeslam! Both Edge and Eddie were down and hurting after that attack from Tomko! Cornette raised the arms of his new clients before all three men headed to the back.

Michael Cole: Well Edge and Eddie don’t look like winners folks, Disasterpiece have left them laying after loosing the tag match.

Tazz: Well they may not have won the match but they sure have made an impact on their debuts Cole!

The cameras then went to the backstage area where Paul Bearer and Kane were heading towards the ring. The crowd booed as they finally noticed the two men on the video screen…

Michael Cole: But anyways ladies and gentlemen, here comes Kane and Paul Bearer! In a few moments Tazz I think we are going to find out the fate of the Undertaker.

Tazz: Could he quite literally be the deadman now Cole?

Michael Cole: We will see in a few moments Tazz!

The fires of hell exploded on the Smackdown stage as Kane’s music started to play around the Arrowhead Pond. It was time to find out what everyone wanted to know…

Paul Bearer led Kane out onto the ramp as the monster had his black towel over his head and a small book in his right hand…Once in the ring Kane removed the towel and made the turnbuckles erupt into flames on the command of his arms. Bearer had a microphone as Kane turned his attention to the book he had in his right hand.

The Undertakers Fate Revealed to all

The cameras focused in on the book and it became apparent that he was holding a red coloured prayer book. There was a cross on the front in a silver colouring…Bearer started to speak first.

Paul Bearer: My son Kane and I have been given this time tonight to reveal to all of you the fate of your beloved Undertaker. Last Sunday Kane took your Undertaker and defeated him in a brutal casket match…you people never saw THAT coming did ya? You all wrote off MY SON and now you all sit there in silence because you have lost your hero! Not one single one of you people believed that the younger brother could topple the older brother one on one, but HE DID! And because of your disbeliefs you have lost your Undertaker FOR GOOD!

Bearer laughed into the microphone before Kane swapped the prayer book he had for Bearer’s microphone…

Kane: I destroyed the Undertaker at his own game! I took out the Undertaker…but NOTHING gave me more satisfaction than what I did to the Undertaker after Judgment Day had finished. Because when Judgment Day finished…the Undertakers burial begun… (Laughs).

Michael Cole: Oh my word…

Tazz: I think they might have done...you know…buried…

Kane: Me and my father took the Undertaker who was locked in that casket and drove away from the Staples Center into the night. We drove out of LA onto the hills looking above the city…we already had a prepared area inside the darkest woods for the deadman’s resting place. We drove up and took the Undertaker’s casket…we placed it “gently” inside a hole in the ground and then…filled it in. THE UNDERTAKER IS GONE FOR GOOD, WE BURIED HIM ALIVE!

Boos echoed around the Arrowhead Pond after that statement.

Tazz: They…buried him alive…

Michael Cole: Paul Bearer and Kane are two sick men, they should be fired for this! They should be locked up! They took a well loved and respected wrestler and buried him alive. They took it too far dammit!

Kane: But it gets better for all you Undertaker fans here tonight. Because as we were going about the disposal of the Undertaker we were joined by the Smackdown camera crew who had followed us…So now for your…ENJOYMENT here is the Undertaker’s Funeral on tape.

Kane turned and pointed towards the titantron screen where it started to play a wobbly camera seemingly running through the woods before Kane and Paul Bearer came into view alongside a massive pit in the ground. It was surrounded by dark trees and Bearer was focused in on, he was holding the urn and reading from a prayer book – the same prayer book that he had with him tonight. The camera then turned to Kane who was pulling the casket out of the back of the hearse. Eventually he manovered it into position and with one almighty crash it fell vertical into the pit (with the top end just above the top of the hole).

Paul Bearer: Fast forward the footage! We haven’t got time for all the filling in the hole stuff.

The footage sped up before stopping with the pit completely filled with soil. The top of the casket was still protruding and Kane decided to head into the front glove compartment of the hearse. He pulled out a box of matches and a small can of petrol…It was obvious what was coming. Kane doused the top of the casket in petrol before setting it alight…Bearer was screaming “burn Taker, burn!” while Kane had a laughing fit. The video cut out and the crowd responded with another round of massive boos.

Kane: And there you people go, now you have all seen what has happened to your Undertaker you can now move on. He is gone for GOOD, HE WILL NOT BE COMING BACK THIS TIME! REST IN PEACE TAKER!

Kane dropped the microphone and alongside Paul Bearer headed to leave the ring. Bearer stopped and shoved the prayer book into the mat before laughing and finally following his son out of the ring. The final shot of the evening focused in on the prayer book in the ring as Smackdown came to its conclusion…

Thursday 20th May

WWE Smackdown Ratings

Segment 1: Overall: 67%

Segment 2: Overall: 61% - Crowd Reaction: 54% - Match Quality: 69% - *

Segment 3: Overall: 71%

Segment 4: Overall: 72% - Crowd Reaction: 68% - Match Quality: 77% - **1/4

Segment 5: Overall: 76%

Segment 6: Overall: 71% - Crowd Reaction: 59% - Match Quality: 83% - **1/2

Segment 7: Overall: 82%

Segment 8: Overall: 73% - Crowd Reaction: 74% - Match Quality: 73% - **

Segment 9: Overall: 63%

Segment 10: Overall: 70% - Crowd Reaction: 63% - Match Quality: 78% - **1/4

Segment 11: Overall: 88%

Overall Rating: 71%

Rating: 5.85

Attendance: 8,002

Ticket Sales: $320,080

Friday 21st May

WWE Smackdown Preview

This week on Smackdown sees a continuation from last weeks show with many matches already signed to the card!

Last week the tag team of Disasterpiece debuted under the management of Jim Cornette. Kevin Fertig and Travis Tomko looked out of depth in their match against Edge and Eddie Guerrero but despite their loss came out looking the winners after their vicious attack on the victors following the match. This week we shall see a re-match with some new rules in place. It shall be a 2 on 2 Tag match but it shall be a Tornado Tag Match (which means that no tags are required and all four men are legal in the ring at the same time). Will Disasterpiece be more prepared? Find out Thursday on UPN!

Kane and Paul Bearer showed the world last week what they did to the Undertaker following the Judgment Day Pay-Per-View Production. They buried Taker alive in a grave above LA and announced that he is gone for good. What is there for Kane now? He has finally eliminated his main rival over the last few months. He will be in wrestling action this week against a mystery opponent...who will it be?

Kurt Angle and Chavo Guerrero Classic had a heated argument last week which resulted in Paul Heyman making a 2 on 1 No Holds Barred Handicap Match for next week. It will be Chavo Classic and Chavo Guerrero against Angle in what shall be one hell of a main event!

That's not to mention the US title being on the line and the APA's Open Bar segment! Smackdown is going to be mega this Thursday!

Confirmed Matches

2 on 1 Handicap No Holds Barred Match

Kurt Angle vs. Chavo Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero Classic

Tag Team Tornado Rules Match

Edge and Eddie Guerrero vs. "Disasterpiece" Kevin Fertig and Travis Tomko

WWE United States Championship

The Big Show :champion: vs. John Cena

Tag Team Match

Ultimo Dragon and Funaki vs. The F-B-I

Charlie Haas vs. Shelton Benjamin

Kane vs. Mystery Opponent

Friday 21st May

WWE SummerSlam Poster Released

WWE today released the poster for the joint RAW and Smackdown event in August Summerslam. It has hinted at a possible return of the Undertaker for the event with his burning symbol being the main point to the poster alongside the words "Through the heat of the Summer..." If the Undertaker is to return it is rumored he will be squaring off against Kane one more time at the event.

The Poster:

user posted image

Sunday 23rd May

“The Bottom Line”

By Tom Smith

Here we are one week on from Smackdown’s top rate Judgment Day production and there is a lot to go through with not just that show but both brands in general and how the future lies for them. It has been without a doubt a fast moving in-your-face week for the WWE wrestling fan.

Let’s start off with Judgment Day though and firstly here are the comparisons between Backlash and last week’s PPV and it makes some amazing reading. Backlash ended up just 1% higher in an overall rating in comparison with Judgment Day with 77% comparing against the Smackdown PPV’s 76%, however Judgment Day drew in a bigger crowd and higher ticket sales to the Staples Center and gives encouraging signs for next years Wrestlemania 21 (which is being held in the same location). Backlash drew more PPV Revenue due to more buys but WWE must be happy that they are hovering around the 4 million range in comparison with pre-Wrestlemania revenue…

Here is a statistics rundown of RAW’s Backlash and Smackdown’s Judgment Day:

Buyrate:

BACKLASH: 1.66 – JUDGMENT DAY: 1.54

Overall Rating:

BACKLASH: 77% - JUDGMENT DAY: 76%

Attendance:

BACKLASH: 17,326 – JUDGMENT DAY: 17,852

Ticket Sales:

BACKLASH: $1,039,560 – JUDGMENT DAY: $1,071,120

PPV Revenue:

BACKLASH: $4,150,000 – JUDGMENT DAY: $3,850,000

Best Event Match:

BACKLASH: World Tag Team Titles – Rob Van Dam and Booker T vs. Dudley Boyz - ***3/4

JUDGMENT DAY: WWE Cruiserweight Title – Rey Mysterio vs. Ultimo Dragon - ****1/4

Overall it would be accurate to say how both Backlash and Judgment Day were very strong PPV’s for World Wrestling Entertainment. My personal favourite was Judgment Day due to there being more top class matches, however my favourite match on PPV so far was the World Heavyweight Title match at Backlash.

The RAW supercard show went down this past Monday and saw the major announcement that Triple H and Chris Benoit will headline the upcoming Bad Blood PPV with the World Title on the line. It seems while we are on the topic of Bad Blood that Shawn Michaels will also face Matt Hardy – which is in itself a mouth watering prospect.

RAW officials have released a statement saying that the Final Encounter match on Monday was Mick Foley’s last match with WWE. Foley is still under contract and many wonder what role he could be used in now that he is a non-wrestler, but for the time being Foley will be off television. It is also worth noting that originally Orton was going to be put over by Foley until Orton himself decided it was the right thing to put Foley over in his last match.

On Smackdown meanwhile the tag team of Travis Tomko and Kevin Fertig have made their debuts under the management of Jim Cornette. The new blood on Smackdown put over Edge and Guerrero cleanly and it has become apparent that WWE have gone off the storyline idea for the tag team feud – expect a quick conclusion there. Also according to backstage gossip Tomko and Fertig were originally not going to be the tag team used from OVW, apparently the two who were going to be used were Inspector Max Impact (Horshu) and John Heidenreich. It is proving very difficult to find out who changed the decision but we can make a guess why the decision was changed…

Rikishi turned heel on Smackdown this past week after costing himself and Scotty 2 Hotty the chance to win back their WWE Tag Team Titles. Rikishi is expected to return to his Bad Man gimmick despite discussions of a Yokozuna sort of gimmick for the ex-Too Cool member. It is also thought that Rikishi could be the man to beat Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Title – but that is only rumour at this time.

With the high amount of releases recently it is expected that the current roster (with still a few exceptions) is pretty solid and will be used to it’s full potential by writers in future. There are still a few un-named wrestlers who are still rumoured to be getting the chop in the near future while there is also common knowledge that Ron Simmons (Faarooq) is believed to be fed up with the company that he has dedicated many years to. Simmons is expected to be involved in an angle where he leaves the company while it is unknown what will happen to his partner Bradshaw.

I promised you all last week an update on all the WWE wrestlers currently off screen and so here we go for you all, after a weeks worth of research:

Brock Lesnar – Training for the NFL, not scheduled to return for a long time at the moment.

Eric Bischoff – Having some time off with the Kane attack angle, return date not known.

Ernest Miller – Expected to return under the Cat gimmick to the Smackdown roster shortly.

Goldberg – In talks but currently unsigned, expected to re-sign later this year after Japan dates.

Kanyon – Despite rumours he is under contract but is a candidate for release.

Kevin Nash – Injured until November with a Torn Bicep.

Mick Foley – Has wrestled his last match for WWE but is expected to return for non-wrestling role soon.

Shane McMahon – Off television and is not scheduled to return before Wrestlemania at the earliest.

Stacy Kiebler – Taking time off to be with Test through his neck injury, no return date set.

Stephanie McMahon – Off television and is not scheduled for any return to TV at this time.

Test – Injured until December with a Neck Injury.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting when it comes down to the future of WWE, and to leave you here is what I have worked out as current matches scheduled for the RAW Bad Blood PPV in June:

Confirmed:

World Heavyweight Championship – Chris Benoit :champion: vs. Triple H

Rumoured:

Shawn Michaels vs. Matt Hardy Version 1.0

World Tag Team Championship – Ric Flair and Batista :champions: vs. Jindrak and Cade

Well I shall see you all next week with an update on rumoured pushes within both the RAW and Smackdown brands, not to mention thoughts on the RAW and Smackdown shows from the week and for my views on WWE news over the week.

See you then,

Tom Smith

Guest Da-One-Da-Franchise

Damn, Good Diary, I love the Christian Push, I hope he gets the Title at One Point. Anyways, You have A Reader...

Buh Dup Buh Buh Buh I'm Lovin' It

:D

Thanks for the reply Franchise, Christian does have plans for the title eventually but it is going to be a while - I dont want to rush into it at all with many more over guys than him still waiting for their shot, sort of a logical order of proceedings. Nice to have another reader and I hope you enjoy the future of this diary.

I vote Fully Loaded, I love this diary you have a readed in me by the way why do you keep putting :Champion:

Keep up the great work and i hope that site i gave you helps you out with a variety of moves

Monday 24th May

General Concern Over the State of the Business

Today the world of wrestling was reeling from the news that the buisness is slumping into the worst state it has seen for many years. The latest estimates show how the industry is at approximatly 49% and how this is expected to drop drastically over the next few months. For many smaller wrestling federations this spells disaster with finances becoming tighter as a knock on effect of this slump, however even the major players like WWE and NWA TNA are starting to get a little bit worried about how much the industry has dropped in the last three months (70% to 49%). Even American newspapers have dubbed this "the final pinfall for the wrestling business"...

UPN Extends its contract with WWE

Despite the above article on the slump of the wrestling business WWE have managed to negotiate an extension to their current contract for their Smackdown production with station UPN. The ratings have been stable for the Smackdown show and the latest Judgment Day PPV event (which was a Smackdown brand only event) was given good reviews and accepted as being a top rate PPV. All this together has brought on the three month contract extension. In the next few weeks comes WWE's time to attempt an extension to their RAW show, Spike TV is said to also be happy with the ratings for that side of WWE and an announcement is expected in the near future.