The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

Last I heard it's supposed to have like 240 different endings. Granted, a ton of them are just variations of each other, but even so... that's some replayability value right there.

And I mark for Dogmeat :wub:

Nah Overlord, the new number is 500. There's only something like 15 actually significantly different endings, but 500 variations of those endings, so it's pretty much never the same twice.

I know some Fallout fans have balked at this, but having never played the originals, I'm psyched, this looks like the game I wish Oblivion was.

Well I played the originals, and I'm psyched. I think it builds perfectly on some of the elements that made the game so popular in the first place; replayability, free gameplay, and a reactive environment.

What the hell, Bethesda, Liam Neelson? As father figure? First it was Patrick Stewart in Oblivion, now you're going to waste your VA budget on a guy who we all know is going get killed off early in the plot, leaving us with like five crap guys to voice everybody else in the game.

Bah.

I loved the first Fallout games, but Oblivion was a game I couldn't get into.

I am still psyched about this though. If they can keep the atmosphere from Fallout and Fallout 2, then this will be the sequel we have all waited for - fuck "Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel" and the crappy PS2 games.

• 4 months later...

So, I don't know if I have been more pumped for a game since Grand Theft Auto IV. This game is going to be sick and I already know I am getting the collectors edition despite me wanting the Survival edition, but I can live without the clock. Figured I would try to get some discussion stirred back up since it will be a little less than two months since this games release.

I'm on the fence. Originally I was certain failure was inevitable, but seeing it play, it does a very good job of immersing you in the world. If Oblivion is anything to go on, though, that will be immediately ruined by shitty diolague and a really bad story. So we will see. I will probably buy it, but I might do so and regret it forever.

Yeah, I was a big fan of Oblivion, but I don't think the story was anything special, and after beating the game, I was satisfied with the ending, but it wasn't a true ending. I was going to check out the achievements, but decided to pass on it in hopes of not ruining the game.

Awww Bethesda stole Kou's teddybear.

The game looks brilliant and better each time I see it. The world looks cool, the targetting system will hopefully be implemented well and some of the touches are great like the radio you can listen to as you walk around. The graphics are also quite tasty and I like the stuff like planting live grenades in peoples' pockets. Heh.

It does seem to sink you nicely into the game world.

I have one that my Grandma gave me when I was born, his name is Edward and he used to have a music box in him. When I lost him around six my mom got me a Mr. Bean's teddy teddy and then later that year we found Edward again.

SO I HAVE TWO BEARS STILL.

I don't have a bear per se, I have a moomin which my dad apparently bought for me on my birth. Thinking about it, I think he is squashed somewhere in the cupboard, I should rescue the poor little guy.

Now I have a small collection of stuffed toy figure things, my favourite being a giraffe I saved from a scissor lift whilst working last year. He is lovely. :wub: