WWE: The New Beginning

DYSI

...March 15th, the day after the biggest stage in the history of the wrestling business; Wrestlemania 20, Vince McMahon came to RAW and told everyone about a "new beginning" about to happen next week. Mr. McMahon then went onto say that EVERYONE will be involved in a draft lottery where anyone can be selected to switch brands-- even the World Champions, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero!

The day of the draft lottery, everyone was expecting the worst for themselves... The end of Evolution, the end for The Dudley Boyz, reuniting Kane and The Undertaker, and even Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero being on the same brand! During the night, both General Managers Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman drew random names out from a machine as they named their newest talent for their respective brands.

SmackDown's Random Draft Selections:

1 - Booker T

2 - Scott Steiner

3 - Jerry "The King" Lawler

4 - Stacy Keibler

5 - The Rock

...Yes, in some shocking moves, Paul Heyman now controls the fate of The Rock, Scott Steiner, Stacy Keibler, Booker T, and even Jim Ross' former broadcast colleague Jerry Lawler! Will SmackDown! be forever changed?

RAW's Random Draft Selections:

1 - Shelton Benjamin

2 - Rhyno

3 - Tajiri

4 - Edge

5 - Billy Gunn

...Yes, their were shockers on the other end of the stick as Eric Bischoff managed to get a hold of Rhyno, Tajiri, the returning Edge, Billy Gunn, and one half of The World's Greatest Tag Team, Shelton Benjamin. How will the future of these five fair on RAW?

....Also during RAW, Vince McMahon gave Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff the opportunity to trade any of their talent that they want to the other brand and that the deadline was midnight-- an hour after RAW goes off the air...

Announced Trades Between RAW And SmackDown!:

- Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade for Hardcore Holly and A-Train

How will these changes effect the future of RAW and SmackDown!? Better yet, how will these changes effect the future of the WWE?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SmackDown!

April 1st 2004

Commentators: Michael Cole & Jerry "The King" Lawler

The show begins with Michael Cole and Tazz running down tonight's matches until Jerry "The King" Lawler's music is heard as the crowd cheers for "The King". Lawler makes his way down the ramp with his crown in hand as he grabs a microphone before approaching the commentators table.

Jerry "The King" Lawler: "First of all, I'm glad to be here on SmackDown... but I'm not glad about what I have to say next. GM Paul Heyman told me to come out here to relieve you Tazz, of your duties here on SmackDown as color announcer."

The crowd boo's as Tazz goes through a few emotions, first confused, then sad, then angry. Tazz then gets up from the table as he grabs his papers and walks back up the ramp with the same menacing look on his face. Lawler then takes Tazz's seat to start the show.

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

After some early controversy, SmackDown! finally begins as Rey Mysterio comes flying out from the side of the stage. Mysterio then plays the crowd before making his way down the ramp, slapping some of the fans hands on the way down. Mysterio slides into the ring as he climbs the turnbuckle, raising his hands in the air as his music is quickly cut off by Chavo Guerrero's. With the crowd turning into boo's, Chavo Guerrero makes his way out with his WWE Cruiserweight Title wrapped around his waist and his father right next to his side. As they make their way down the ramp, Chavo takes his belt from off of his waist and hands it over to his dad before entering the ring.

Nearing the end of the match, Chavo has Mysterio against the ropes as he tosses him across the ring. Mysterio bounces off as Chavo bends down-- only to be sunset flipped into a pin. Chavo kicks out at two and a quarter as Mysterio quickly gets up to his feet as Chavo does the same. Mysterio quickly takes Chavo down with a dropkick as Chavo Sr. quickly slides the Cruiserweight Title into the ring before jumping onto the ring apron, calling for the referee's attention. With the referee distracted, Chavo grabs a hold of his title belt as Mysterio confronts Chavo Sr. Guerrero gets up to his feet with the title belt in his hands as Mysterio turns around-- and takes Rey off of his feet with a title shot to the head! Chavo slides his title out of the ring as his dad jumps off the ring apron. Guerrero rolls up Mysterio, getting the easy three count to retain his championship.

After the match, the father and son duo celebrate in the ring as Chavo quickly tells his dad something. Chavo Sr. grabs a hold of Rey Mysterio as he holds his arms back. Chavo then grabs his Cruiserweight Title as he starts mouthing off at Mystero. Before Chavo can strike, Mysterio mule kicks his father before ducking out of harms way. Guerrero then strikes his dad with his title, knocking his father down on the second rope! Mysterio then dropkicks Chavo Jr. out of the ring before getting to his feet and running towards Chavo Sr.-- 619! Chavo Sr. falls back on the mat as Rey Mysterio climbs the turnbuckle while yelling at Chavo Jr.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero retains his WWE Cruiserweight Championship

(70, 79, 79)

WWE Cruiserweight Title gained in image

(Commercial Break)

Handing Out Punishments

Coming back from the break, General Manager Paul Heyman is seen in the ring being booed as he tries to speak on the microphone.

Paul Heyman: "I have something to say, and I won't say it till you all quite down and show me the respect I deserve around here!"

The crowd continues booing until Heyman gives up and begins to yell over them.

Paul Heyman: "As I was saying! ...Tonight I'm here to issue out punishments, punishments that are well over due. Roll the clip."

The crowd quiets down to watch the video as the clip begins to start up. The video shows The Undertaker on the last SmackDown! where Paul Heyman, Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio were all in the ring across from The Undertaker. Heyman begs Undertaker not to do anything, but The Undertaker takes a step foward. Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio quickly push Paul Heyman into The Undertaker as they slide out of the ring, leaving Heyman to get Tombstoned at the hands of The Undertaker. The clip then slowly ends with the crowd laughing at the General Manager.

Paul Heyman: "Althought I've had a few weeks to recover from that deadly Tombstone, the internal pain still lingers within me... But speaking of internal pain, what I felt after that Tombstone won't amount to what Eddie Guerrero will feel tonight!"

As the crowd boo's Heyman, Paul rubs his throat and neck before continuing.

Paul Heyman: "...Tonight, Eddie Guerrero will face Matt Morgan ...and a seven footer named The Big Show... in a handicap match!"

With the crowd getting even louder, GM Paul Heyman nods his head with a smirk on his face as he turns his attention towards The Undertaker.

Paul Heyman: "Now onto the man that Tombstoned me in the first place... The Undertaker. You see, you don't tombstone Paul Heyman and get away with it that easy. So in two weeks The Undertaker will live up to his name as he WILL be the "dead man", because who I have in store to end his career is no push over..."

Just then a loud 'bong' is heard as the lights go out and the ring fills with fog. Paul Heyman quickly runs out of the ring and into the crowd as the lights turn back out-- with no Undertaker in sight.

(79)

A Hero's Welcome?

The camera's are backstage as they are focused on former RAW talent, Booker T as Booker is talking with some production guys until Kurt Angle appears. Kurt Angle then approaches Booker T as Booker looks Angle up and down.

Kurt Angle: "Hey Book, welcome to SmackDown and all, but I really had something on my mind. I heard you were retiring from the ring. I mean, I almost did and it was the hardest decision of my life."

Booker T: "Huh? Retiring? Nah dawg, Booker's in this business for the long run.--"

After ignoring what Booker had to say, Kurt Angle interrupts him.

Kurt Angle: "--I think it's a good idea though, Book. I mean you need a certain type of talent to be in this business."

Booker T: "What are you trying to get at, Kurt? --You know what, let's stop all this talk. Me and you, in the ring, right now sucka!"

With the crowd cheering from inside the arena, General Manager Paul Heyman quickly comes into the picture to interject as he stands in-between both Kurt and Booker.

Paul Heyman: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down. This is Paul Heyman's SmackDown and nothing happens until I say so... But you know what I can do? Next week, Booker T versus Kurt Angle. How about that?"

Booker T: "Yeah, that's great..."

Booker T then walks off as Kurt Angle and Paul Heyman watch him walk off before looking at each other.

(85)

(Commercial Break)

John Cena vs. Charlie Haas

Non-Title Match

Coming back from the commercial break, Charlie Haas is halfway down the ramp as he is focused in winning tonight to try and prove that he is worth a singles title shot. As Haas enters the ring, Cena's music plays as the crowd goes wild. John Cena comes out with his championship belt around his waist as he flashes it around for all the crowd to see. Cena then pulls a microphone out of his back pocket as he freestyles about Charle Haas missing his boyfriend and that he'll have Haas on a position that he's used to today-- his back. Right after entering the ring, Charlie Haas quickly goes on the attack.

Coming to the end of the match, John Cena had control of Charlie Haas as he was dazed against the ropes after a hard right hand. Cena then tosses Haas across the ring as he meets him in the middle of the ring-- hitting Haas with a big clothesline. With Haas laying on his back, Cena bounces off the rope before delivering the 'five knuckle shuffle' on Charlie! Cena then hooks the legs-- but only gets a two count. The U.S Champion then gets to his feet as he signals for the FU. Haas slowly struggles up to his feet as Cena quickly puts Haas on his shoulders-- but Haas slips out and pushes into the ropes. Cena bounces off as Haas goes for a clothesline, but Cena quickly ducks it and gets Charlie on his shoulders at the same time-- FU! Cena grabs Haas' leg for the easy three count victory to the crowd's delight.

After the match, John Cena is handed his United States Championship as he rasies it in the air...

Winner: John Cena

(64, 76, 64)

Making A Statement...

...With Cena celebrating his victory over Haas. Scott Steiner quickly slides into the ring after running down the ramp right after the bell rang. As Cena turns around, he notices Steiner and his jaw drops. Before Cena could do anything else, Steiner runs his big arm into the throat of Cena, clotheslining him down to the mat. Cena then gets back up a bit dazed-- but is leveled with another stiff clothesline. After taking Cena's head off with the last clothesline, Steiner turns him on his stomach as he then locks him in the Steiner Recliner! With the crowd booing the return of Scott Steiner, Steiner lets Cena out of the Steiner Recliner as the U.S Champion is unconscious after the force put on his lower back. Steiner then exits the ring, watching Cena the whole way up the ramp before going behind the curtain.

(87)

Tag Team Titles Up For Grabs, Next!

The camera's go backstage where SmackDown's newest tag team, Jindrak and Cade are walking towards the ring as they are ready for their tag team title match. The camera's then cut to the WWE Tag Team Champions, Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi as the tag team are also making their way towards the ring because their match is next!

(65)

(Commercial Break)

Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade vs. Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi

WWE Tag Team Title Match

After the commercial break, Jindrak and Cade's music plays as the young team make their way out. Jindrak and Cade make their way down the ramp, being booed the whole way down, as they quickly enter the ring-- obviously ready for the match. Just then, Rikishi's music starts up as the crowd cheers for the loved tag team champions. Scotty 2 Hotty comes out first as he stops and turns around, waving for Rikishi to come out. But while he is doing so, Jindrak and Cade exit the ring and run out towards Scotty! Rikishi then makes his way out, just as Cade and Jindrak attack Scotty 2 Hotty! After a brief scramble at ringside, both teams enter the ring to begin the title match.

Near the end of the match, Scotty 2 Hotty and Garrison Cade were the legal men as Scotty was pounding away at Cade in the corner before backing away. As Scotty moved out of the way, Cade stumbled out of the corner, giving Scotty an opportunity for the bulldog-- as he connects! The crowd then cheers as Scotty gets himself riled up for the WORM. Scotty then hops, W...O...R...M-- before Scotty can nail the chop, Jindrak takes Scotty's head off with a big clothesline! Jindrak then stands over Scotty as Rikishi enters the ring and stands behind Jindrak... Jindrak turns around and into a stiff superkick by Rikishi, sending him into the corner! Jindrak then falls into the corner as the crowd cheers for a Stink Face. Rikishi walks over to the corner, in position for a Stink Face until Garrison Cade comes running-- kicking Rikishi in the gut and delivers a DDT onto the mat! With Rikishi out and Scotty slowly up on his feet, Jindrak and Cade quickly regroup as Scotty runs at the two-- only to be caught by two hands to the throat... The End [Double Chokeslam]! The illegal man, Mark Jindrak quickly makes the cover with a handful of tights as the referee counts the three, crowning new tag team champions!

After the match, Jindrak and Cade quickly exit the ring with their newly won WWE Tag Team Championships in hand as they celebrate to a chorus of boos from the disappointed crowd.

Winners: Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade win the WWE Tag Team Championships

(59, 64, 69)

WWE Tag Team Titles lost in image

Upset Announcer

The camera's cut from the ring to the locker room of General Manager Paul Heyman as he is talking to Ultimo Dragon when Tazz barges in.

Paul Heyman: "...Yes, we'll make sure the ramps will be dried before every event from now on.--"

Heyman then turns around, noticing Tazz as Ultimo Dragon walks out of Heyman's locker room.

Tazz: "You know why I'm here, Paul. I had no right to be taken off of a show that I've been on for more than two years."

Paul Heyman: "Tazz, come on. You and I both knew that the draft was random. I'm sure as hell I didn't choose Lawler by any means. But what I did have to do was give Lawler a role here on SmackDown-- and the only role he knows is commentary. You could do other things Tazz, commentate on Velocity, be an interviewer, wrestle... Lawler can't do all of those things."

Tazz still has an angry look on his face as he doesn't want to hear anything Heyman has to say to him.

Tazz: "Yeah, okay Paul. I'll find a way to deal with this mess... I'll find a way, you can bet on it."

Tazz then walks out of Heyman's locker room as Heyman quickly worries about Tazz's statement...

(82)

Tazz gained in overness

A Promise To Come True?

Just then, The Big Show walks in Heyman's locker room as he is followed by his partner for tonight, Matt Morgan. Heyman then puts on a little smile as The Big Show has a big grin on his face.

The Big Show: "Paul, I'm so confident Matt and I can beat Eddie Guerrero tonight, that you will need to run SmackDown without a Heavyweight Champion from now on. Because after tonight, after our match... Eddie Guerrero won't make it out of the ring walking."

Big Show and Matt Morgan nod as Paul Heyman tries to manage a smile on his face.

(64)

The Big Show lost and Matt Morgan gained in overness

(Commercial Break)

The Big Show & Matt Morgan vs. Eddie Guerrero

2-on-1 Handicap Match

Coming back from the break, The Big Show's music plays as both Big Show and Matt Morgan make their way out from the back to a good amount of boo's from the crowd. The Big Show and Morgan take their time down the ramp as Eddie Guerrero comes down the ramp in a low rider-- nearly running over The Big Show and Matt Morgan! Show and Morgan enter the ring as Guerrero quickly exits his low rider and enters the ring, starting the match off quickly.

Coming near the end of the match, Matt Morgan was in the ring alone with Eddie Guerrero as he had the beaten champion in the corner, ramming his big shoulders into his midsection. Morgan then backs off as he plays the crowd for a few seconds, allowing Eddie to catch a second wind. Morgan then turns around as Eddie runs at the young big man-- nailing him with a dropkick! As Morgan stumbles backwards, he and The Big Show manage to squash the referee in-between themselves, then causing The Big Show to fall off the ring apron! With everyone down, Eddie Guerrero puts on a smirk as he quickly exits out to ringside, grabbing his Heavyweight Title belt! With Morgan now falling out of the ring, Eddie climbs in as The Big Show also enters from the other side of the ring. With Guerrero in the ring first, he taunts The Big Show, waving him over as The Big Show quickly gets angry at 'Latino Heat'. With the crowd behind Eddie, Show points at him, and then signals for the chokeslam! Guerrero then runs at the seven footer as he goes to connect with the Heavyweight Title-- but gets kicked in the gut by Big Show! Eddie drops his title on the mat as Show picks it up. With the referee slowly getting to his feet, The Big Show clubs Guerrero across the head with the Heavyweight Championship belt as Guerrero falls to the floor, face first. Just then the bell rings as the referee saw The Big Show and disqualifies him!

With the match over...

Winner: Eddie Guerrero by disqualification

(64, 75, 66 )

An Outraged Giant

...The Big Show snaps and tosses the WWE Heavyweight Title out of the ring as he stalks the referee! The Big Show quickly grabs his throat-- Chokeslamming him down to the mat! As the referee rolls out of the ring, Matt Morgan slowly reenters as The Big Show pulls the strap off of his shoulder after spitting on the broken official. Morgan then helps Eddie Guerrero up before tossing him towards The Big Show. Big Show quickly grabs the throat of Eddie Guerrero, chokeslamming him straight to the mat! The Big Show then stands over the WWE Heavyweight Champion as he stares into the crowd.

(66)

The Big Show and Eddie Guerrero lost, Matt Morgan gained in overness

Overall: 69

Television Rating: 5.66

Velocity

April 3rd 2004

Commentators: Josh Matthews & Bill DeMott

Billy Kidman & Paul London vs. The Bashams Brothers

Velocity started off with Kidman and London already prepared for their match as The Basham's make their way out to their music. The crowd gives the two brothers some boo's, but nothing over the top as they make their way into the ring to begin the match.

Near the end of the match, with Kidman demobilized out at ringside. Both Basham's are in the ring as they are both stomping a mudhole in the stomach of Paul London, who is slumped in the corner. Danny then lifts Paul up to his feet as he and his brother, Doug bounce him off the ropes and deliver a massive double clothesline to take London off of his feet! Doug then lifts London back up to his feet as he holds him in Russian Legsweep position as Danny runs towards the ropes... bounces off-- Ball and Gag! Doug hooks the leg for the easy three count as Kidman slides in a second late.

Winners: The Basham Brothers

(65, 58, 73)

SmackDown! Recap: New Tag Team Champions

...After the commercial break, Jindrak and Cade's music plays as the young team make their way out. Jindrak and Cade make their way down the ramp, being booed the whole way down, as they quickly enter the ring-- obviously ready for the match. Just then, Rikishi's music starts up as the crowd cheers for the loved tag team champions. Scotty 2 Hotty comes out first as he stops and turns around, waving for Rikishi to come out. But while he is doing so, Jindrak and Cade exit the ring and run out towards Scotty! Rikishi then makes his way out, just as Cade and Jindrak attack Scotty 2 Hotty! After a brief scramble at ringside, both teams enter the ring to begin the title match.

Near the end of the match, Scotty 2 Hotty and Garrison Cade were the legal men as Scotty was pounding away at Cade in the corner before backing away. As Scotty moved out of the way, Cade stumbled out of the corner, giving Scotty an opportunity for the bulldog-- as he connects! The crowd then cheers as Scotty gets himself riled up for the WORM. Scotty then hops, W...O...R...M-- before Scotty can nail the chop, Jindrak takes Scotty's head off with a big clothesline! Jindrak then stands over Scotty as Rikishi enters the ring and stands behind Jindrak... Jindrak turns around and into a stiff superkick by Rikishi, sending him into the corner! Jindrak then falls into the corner as the crowd cheers for a Stink Face. Rikishi walks over to the corner, in position for a Stink Face until Garrison Cade comes running-- kicking Rikishi in the gut and delivers a DDT onto the mat! With Rikishi out and Scotty slowly up on his feet, Jindrak and Cade quickly regroup as Scotty runs at the two-- only to be caught by two hands to the throat... The End [Double Chokeslam]! The illegal man, Mark Jindrak quickly makes the cover with a handful of tights as the referee counts the three, crowning new tag team champions!

After the match, Jindrak and Cade quickly exit the ring with their newly won WWE Tag Team Championships in hand as they celebrate to a chorus of boos from the disappointed crowd.

(54)

(Commercial Break)

Matt Morgan vs. Funaki

Coming back from the break, with Funaki already in the ring. Matt Morgan's music starts up as he makes his way out, getting his average amount of jeers as he makes his way into the ring, over the top rope.

Coming near the end of this one-sided match, the big Matt Morgan had Funaki against the ropes as the tired Funaki is being slapped across the chest with the huge hands of Morgan, before falling to the mat in pain. Morgan then signals that the match is over as he grabs the smaller Funaki by his hair as he puts him in-between his legs. Morgan then lifts Funaki up onto his shoulders as he slams him down on the mat with a huge Sitout Powerbomb! Morgan then makes a cocky cover with one hand as the referee counts the academic three count.

After the match, Matt Morgan wasn't finished as he then picked Funaki back up, putting him in-between his legs-- and delivering a massive powerbomb, shaking the mat on impact! Morgan then exits the ring to some more boo's as he makes his way up the ramp after leaving Funaki unconscious in the ring.

Winner: Matt Morgan

(60, 54, 66)

SmackDown! Recap: Chavo Guerrero Retains... With Some Help

...After some early controversy, SmackDown! finally begins as Rey Mysterio comes flying out from the side of the stage. Mysterio then plays the crowd before making his way down the ramp, slapping some of the fans hands on the way down. Mysterio slides into the ring as he climbs the turnbuckle, raising his hands in the air as his music is quickly cut off by Chavo Guerrero's. With the crowd turning into boo's, Chavo Guerrero makes his way out with his WWE Cruiserweight Title wrapped around his waist and his father right next to his side. As they make their way down the ramp, Chavo takes his belt from off of his waist and hands it over to his dad before entering the ring.

Nearing the end of the match, Chavo has Mysterio against the ropes as he tosses him across the ring. Mysterio bounces off as Chavo bends down-- only to be sunset flipped into a pin. Chavo kicks out at two and a quarter as Mysterio quickly gets up to his feet as Chavo does the same. Mysterio quickly takes Chavo down with a dropkick as Chavo Sr. quickly slides the Cruiserweight Title into the ring before jumping onto the ring apron, calling for the referee's attention. With the referee distracted, Chavo grabs a hold of his title belt as Mysterio confronts Chavo Sr. Guerrero gets up to his feet with the title belt in his hands as Mysterio turns around-- and takes Rey off of his feet with a title shot to the head! Chavo slides his title out of the ring as his dad jumps off the ring apron. Guerrero rolls up Mysterio, getting the easy three count to retain his championship.

After the match, the father and son duo celebrate in the ring as Chavo quickly tells his dad something. Chavo Sr. grabs a hold of Rey Mysterio as he holds his arms back. Chavo then grabs his Cruiserweight Title as he starts mouthing off at Mysterio. Before Chavo can strike, Mysterio mule kicks his father before ducking out of harms way. Guerrero then strikes his dad with his title, knocking his father down on the second rope! Mysterio then dropkicks Chavo Jr. out of the ring before getting to his feet and running towards Chavo Sr.-- 619! Chavo Sr. falls back on the mat as Rey Mysterio climbs the turnbuckle while yelling at Chavo Jr.

(70)

(Commercial Break)

Chavo Guerrero vs. Ultimo Dragon

Non-Title Match

After the break, Velocity returns with Ultimo Dragon coming out as he positions himself at the top of the ramp, doing his normal introduction with the fire coming from out of the stage. Ultimo then makes his way down the ramp before entering the ring as Chavo Guerrero's music starts up. Chavo then makes his way out with his WWE Cruiserweight Title around his waist as he makes his way down the ramp to jeers from the crowd.

Nearing the end of this face paced match, Ultimo and Chavo were going back and forth with chops to each others chests as Ultimo comes out of nowhere with a few more chops to Chavo's chest, backing him into the ropes as the crowd is behind Ultimo. Ultimo Dragon then sends Guerrero across the ring as he bounces off and ducks a clothesline-- Chavo quickly sets Dragon up for the Gory Bomb, but Dragon quickly reverses that into a pinning attempt-- but only gets a two count! Chavo quickly rolls Ultimo up and grabs a handful of his tights-- 1, 2, 3! Chavo quickly rolls out of the ring before Ultimo could react. Guerrero then grabs his Cruiserweight Title before walking back up the ramp, celebrating his cheap victory over Ultimo.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

(72, 65, 79)

SmackDown! Recap: The Big Show Destroys The Heavyweight Champion

...Coming back from the break, The Big Show's music plays as both Big Show and Matt Morgan make their way out from the back to a good amount of boo's from the crowd. The Big Show and Morgan take their time down the ramp as Eddie Guerrero comes down the ramp in a low rider-- nearly running over The Big Show and Matt Morgan! Show and Morgan enter the ring as Guerrero quickly exits his low rider and enters the ring, starting the match off quickly.

Coming near the end of the match, Matt Morgan was in the ring alone with Eddie Guerrero as he had the beaten champion in the corner, ramming his big shoulders into his midsection. Morgan then backs off as he plays the crowd for a few seconds, allowing Eddie to catch a second wind. Morgan then turns around as Eddie runs at the young big man-- nailing him with a dropkick! As Morgan stumbles backwards, he and The Big Show manage to squash the referee in-between themselves, then causing The Big Show to fall off the ring apron! With everyone down, Eddie Guerrero puts on a smirk as he quickly exits out to ringside, grabbing his Heavyweight Title belt! With Morgan now falling out of the ring, Eddie climbs in as The Big Show also enters from the other side of the ring. With Guerrero in the ring first, he taunts The Big Show, waving him over as The Big Show quickly gets angry at 'Latino Heat'. With the crowd behind Eddie, Show points at him, and then signals for the chokeslam! Guerrero then runs at the seven footer as he goes to connect with the Heavyweight Title-- but gets kicked in the gut by Big Show! Eddie drops his title on the mat as Show picks it up. With the referee slowly getting to his feet, The Big Show clubs Guerrero across the head with the Heavyweight Championship belt as Guerrero falls to the floor, face first. Just then the bell rings as the referee saw The Big Show and disqualifies him!

With the match over, The Big Show snaps and tosses the WWE Heavyweight Title out of the ring as he stalks the referee! The Big Show quickly grabs his throat-- Chokeslamming him down to the mat! As the referee rolls out of the ring, Matt Morgan slowly reenters as The Big Show pulls the strap off of his shoulder after spitting on the broken official. Morgan then helps Eddie Guerrero up before tossing him towards The Big Show. Big Show quickly grabs the throat of Eddie Guerrero, chokeslamming him straight to the mat! The Big Show then stands over the WWE Heavyweight Champion as he stares into the crowd.

(63)

Overall: 53

Television Rating: 4.40

SmackDown!

April 8th 2004

Commentators: Michael Cole & Jerry "The King" Lawler

Billy Kidman & Paul London vs. Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade

Non-Title Match

After the usual entrance to the show, Kidman's music starts up as he and Paul London make their way out to a mild reaction from the crowd. As Kidman and London quickly get down the ramp and into the ring, their music is cut off by Jindrak and Cade's. The crowd quickly boo's the new WWE Tag Team Champions as the two make their way out onto the stage with their new gold around their waists. Jindrak and Cade make their way down the ramp, playing off of the crowd before entering and showing off their new Tag Team Titles.

Nearing the end of the match, Jindrak and London are the legal men as Jindrak and Cade worked London most of the match, keeping him away from his corner and partner. Jindrak has London in his corner as he continues to ram his broad shoulders into the small stomach of Paul London, until Jindrak tags in his partner. Both Cade and Jindrak begin to stomp on London until Billy Kidman quickly enters the ring, dropkicking Jindrak into his own partner! London then makes his way out of the corner as Kidman goes back to the ring apron, waiting to be tagged-- as he is! Kidman then climbs to the top rope as Cade and Jindrak both get up to their feet and turn around-- but Kidman lands right into the hands of Jindrak and Cade-- The End! Jindrak quickly covers Kidman while Cade dropkicks London out of the ring... 1, 2, 3! Jindrak and Cade slowly get up to regroup as they celebrate with their title belts.

After the match, with Jindrak and Cade distracted with their belts, former Tag Team Champions, Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi make their way down the ramp! Scotty and Rikishi enter the ring as the Tag Team Champions turn around... Rikishi quickly superkicks Garrison out of the ring as he goes flying through the ropes with his title belt still within his hands! The crowd cheers as Scotty quickly runs at Jindrak-- clotheslining him up and over the top rope, out to ringside! Scotty and Rikishi celebrate as the crowd backs them up while Jindrak and Cade retreat up the ramp with their Tag Team Titles in hand.

Winners: Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade

(72, 60, 85)

An Easy Ride?

The camera's are backstage as we see Josh Matthews standing backstage with the man that attacked John Cena last week, Scott Steiner.

Josh Matthews: "I'm standing backstage with newest SmackDown talent, Scott Steiner. As we all know, Scott Steiner attacked the WWE United States Champion, John Cena last week after a victory over Charlie Haas. Scott, why did you make your SmackDown debut last week by attacking John Cena?"

Scott Steiner: "You know what Josh? Ever since last week everyone has been asking me that exact same question. Why did you attack John Cena? You wanna know why?"

Matthews nods as Steiner wasn't even paying any attention.

Scott Steiner: "I'm sick and tired of watching SmackDown-- watching John Cena getting an easy ride, day in and day out. John Cena hasn't had a decent challenge at that United States Title. Now that Freakzilla has been drafted to SmackDown... it's all about to change."

Josh Matthews: "--Is that a direct challenge to the WWE United States Champion, John Cena?"

Scott Steiner: "You figure it out, Josh. I've got a match next..."

Steiner then walks off as Josh Matthews has a confused look on his face.

(92)

Scott Steiner gained in overness

(Commercial Break)

Orlando Jordan vs. Scott Steiner

Coming back from the commercial break, Orlando Jordan's music starts up as the crowd backs the young blue chipper. As he makes his way down the ramp, Jordan slaps some fans hands before climbing into the ring. Siren's then blare throughout the arena as the crowd quickly boo's Scott Steiner, as he makes his way onto the ramp. Steiner then flexes his muscle before kissing it, getting even more boo's from the fans. As Steiner makes his way down the ramp, he starts yelling at a random fan before entering the ring to begin the match.

Near the end of the match, with Orlando Jordan on his second wind. Jordan begins to land some hard jabs to the face of Steiner, before quickly making his way up to the top rope. Steiner turns around after being slightly dazed... Orlando Jordan jumps off the top rope-- only to be crushed by a stiff clothesline, smashing him down onto the mat! The crowd 'ooh's' the big clothesline as Steiner turns Jordan over on his stomach, locking him in the Steiner Recliner! Jordan quickly skirms around before tapping out from the pressure of the painful submission move!

After the match, Steiner doesn't let the hold go as Jordan continues to tap out! The referee tries to unlock Steiner's huge arms off of the throat of Jordan, but he fails to do so, as he quickly calls for backup. With the crowd booing Steiner, more referee's make their way down the ramp and into the ring as it takes four of them to pry Steiner off of Orlando Jordan, who is hurting after being locked in the Steiner Recliner for nearly three minutes! Steiner then exits the ring to the same reaction before heading behind the curtain.

Winner: Scott Steiner

(69, 66, 72)

Father And Son Beat-Down

The camera's go backstage where Rey Mysterio is seen exiting his locker room before Chavo Guerrero Sr. walks up to him-- sporting a big bandage across his forehead after the 619 from last week.

Chavo Guerrero Sr.: "Hey, who do you think you are?! Kicking me in the head last week! Look what you did!"

Chavo Sr. points to his bandage as Mysterio begins to laugh at him. Just as Mysterio laughs at Chavo Sr., Chavo Jr. runs up behind him and nails Mysterio with a hard right hand to the back of his head, sending him to the floor! The father and son duo then begin to stomp on the fallen Mysterio. Chavo Jr. then backs his dad off of Rey as they both back away, while Chavo Jr. has something to say.

Chavo Guerrero Jr.: "...You want to kick my dad on his head? Huh, Rey? Well you just got yours, and that won't be the end of it!"

The father and son then leave the scene of the crime as Mysterio is left on the floor, holding his stomach.

(72)

Chavo Guerrero Sr. gained in overness

(Commercial Break)

The Newest SmackDown! Couple?

After the break, the newest SmackDown! Diva, Stacy Keibler makes her way out to her music, much to the fans delight. Keibler takes her time to walk down the ramp, before climbing in-between the ropes, with a slight delay to show off her 'goods'. Keibler then is handed a microphone as she waits for the crowd to quiet down... as they eventually do.

Stacy Keibler: "After I was drafted to SmackDown, I was happy. You know what I was happy-- because I'm finally known as the most beautiful diva in the brand."

The crowd is split between Stacy and the others, as Stacy rolls her eyes and continues.

Stacy Keibler: "But back to business. SmackDown isn't the best brand of the two, but I've found a diamond in the rough... I've found a future champion. I introduce you... Charlie Haas!"

The crowd boo's Haas as he makes his way out to some new music and tights. Haas continues down the ramp before climbing into the ring, embracing with his new manager. Stacy hands Charlie her microphone as he has a cocky smirk on his face.

Charlie Haas: "Just because I'm with the sexiest diva on SmackDown, instead of with some loser tag team partner who switched brands... don't hate me."

The crowd continues to boo Haas as he looks over at Stacy, who is shaking her head in disgust.

Charlie Haas: "Ya'see, with that monkey off of my back, I've finally realized my true talent. I'm going to be the future of this business!"

The crowd continues their hatred against Haas, as they are starting up a small 'asshole' chant.

Charlie Haas: "From now on, with Stacy by my side. I shall be a force to be reckoned with!"

Just then some beeps are heard, followed by a flatline as the crowd cheers, knowing who to expect. Tazz then comes out from behind the curtain, clad in his wrestling attire as he has a microphone in his hand as Stacy and Charlie are both shocked.

Tazz: "Well it's your lucky day, Haas. Since I have nothing better to do nowadays, I've decided to come out here and teach some youngster who thinks he's the future of this business a lesson... right now!"

(76)

(Commercial Break)

Tazz vs. Charlie Haas

Coming back from the break, the match was underway as Tazz gained the quick upper hand.

Coming to the end of the match, with Tazz in control. Tazz has Haas in the middle of the ring, locked in a sleeper hold as Haas is trying to fight out of it to no avail. Tazz then pushes Haas in the corner-- letting go of the hold. Tazz then climbs up to the second rope as he starts up a ten punch, getting the crowd behind him. After ten, Tazz climbs down as Haas stumbles out of the corner and holds onto the ropes, trying not to fall. Tazz then bounces off the ropes-- only to be tripped up by Stacy at ringside! Tazz quickly gets back up as he tries to grab Stacy by her hair-- only to be german suplexed by Charlie Haas from behind! Charlie quickly sets Tazz's legs up as he then locks him in the Haas Of Pain-- causing Tazz to scream out of pain. With Tazz not tapping out, Haas rears back even more, adding more pressure to the lower back of Tazz, but still nothing! With the crowd behind Tazz, Haas pulls as far back as he can-- but Tazz doesn't budge. The bell then rings as the referee notices that Tazz is unconscious after being locked in the Haas Of Pain for so long!

After the match, Charlie breaks the hold as Keibler enters the ring to celebrate with her new 'client'. Haas and Keibler raise their hands in the air as Haas stares down at Tazz who is being checked on by the referee. Charlie then sits on the middle rope as Stacy exits after a long pause in front of Haas, who seems to enjoy what he sees. The two then walk up the ramp with smiles on their faces as they continue to get booed by the audience.

Winner: Charlie Haas

(77, 72, 82)

The Big Show Gets THE Title Shot

The camera's go backstage where The Big Show can be seen watching a clip of him chokeslamming Eddie Guerrero at the end of SmackDown last week. Big Show then has an evil grin on his face as Josh Matthews appears on the scene with a microphone in his hand.

Josh Matthews: "Big Show, last week you chokeslammed Eddie Guerrero after you were disqualified during your Handicap match. Can you explain your actions?"

The Big Show: "I don't need to explain anything, Josh. I did what I did to make a statement for myself. To prove that I am the only force in SmackDown that cannot be beaten by a single man. To prove that I can take that Heavyweight Title whenever I want, off whoever I want. ...And do you know what my good friend, and the General Manager of SmackDown did for me?"

Josh shakes his head 'no' as Big Show has a smirk on his face.

The Big Show: "Of course you don't. --But in two weeks, I will face what's left of your Heavyweight Champion, Eddie Guerrero. And it will be for the that title he carries on his shoulder-- which in two weeks... will be on mine."

The Big Show then walks off, rubbing his hands together. Josh Matthews then looks shocked as he announces what The Big Show has just said.

Josh Matthews: "Well it looks like in two weeks we'll have ourselves a WWE Heavyweight Title match. The Big Show versus the current champion, Eddie Guerrero!"

(71)

Booker T versus Kurt Angle, Next!

The camera's cut to another backstage area, as Booker T can be seen walking towards the ring, with a confident look on his face. The camera then cuts to another hallway were Kurt Angle could be found, walking towards the ring also; with a smug look on his face as he seems ready for the match.

(84)

(Commercial Break)

Booker T vs. Kurt Angle

With the commercial break over, Booker T's music plays as the five time WCW champion makes his way out onto the stage. Booker T walks to the middle of the ramp, stops, and jumps up-- causing the flames to burst out of the stage! Booker T continues down the ramp before entering the ring and climbing up the turnbuckle. With Booker T in the ring, Kurt Angle's music starts up-- as does the 'You Suck!' chants. Angle makes his way out onto the stage and down the ramp, as he stops halfway-- raising up his arms as red, white, and blue pyro shoot up from the stage. Kurt then continues down the ramp to boo's as he enters the ring to start off the main event.

Nearing the end of the match, with no clear cut man with the advantage as they are going back and fourth with right hands. Booker T then manages to block a right from Angle, as he starts to unload a few of his own on Kurt-- backing him against the ropes. Booker then kicks Kurt in the midsection before bouncing off the ropes-- Scissors Kick, No! Angle backs out off the way, grabbing Booker T for the Angle Slam-- No! Booker slips out and kicks Angle in the gut as he turns around... Scissors Kick! Booker T hooks the leg, getting the pinfall victory over Angle!

After the match, with the referee raising Booker's hand in victory... Kurt Angle slowly gets up and sneaks up behind Booker T-- Angle Slam! The crowd quickly boo's Kurt as he stands over Booker, staring into his glazed over eyes. Kurt then raises his hands in the air before exiting the ring, still staring over at Booker.

Winner: Booker T

(90, 93, 85)

Kurt Angle lost, Booker T gained in overness

(Commercial Break)

The Undertaker Versus... "someone", Next Week.

After the break, General Manager Paul Heyman is standing in the ring with a microphone in his hand as the crowd can be heared booing already.

Paul Heyman: "I have something to say, so listen up! Next week, in this very ring, The Undertaker WILL be in action against... the certain "someone" that I have in mind to END his career for what he did to me after Wrestlemania 20. And trust me, this man will take it to The Undertaker like he has in the past--"

Just then; like last week, a loud 'bong' is heard as the lights dim and The Undertaker's music begins to play. With the crowd on their feet, anticipating the arrival of The Undertaker, Paul Heyman's mouth begins to quiver. As the camera awaits The Undertaker-- An urn is seen, as it's lead by Paul Bearer! The crowd immediately jump to their feet as The Undertaker makes his way out, following Bearer. The Undertaker then walks ahead of Bearer as he slowly walks up the steps before stopping. Undertaker then slowly raises his arms up as the lights slowly turn on, getting a rise from the fans. The Undertaker then enters the ring as Paul Heyman backs into the corner, trying to stay as far as possible from the 'dead man'. Heyman then uses his fast thinking as he tries to negotiate with 'Taker.

Paul Heyman: "T-Taker... c'mon, I'm a reasonable guy... How about I hold off his return for a week or two-- j-just don't lay a finger on me."

Obviously ignoring Heyman, The Undertaker takes his coat off as he hands it over to Bearer.

Paul Heyman: "C'mon, 'Taker... you don't want to do this... I'm a p-powerful guy! I have stroke around here!"

The Undertaker continues to ignore Heyman as he slowly removes his hat, showing the whites of his eyes.

Paul Heyman: "'Taker! 'Taker!"

The Undertaker then slowly walks over to Heyman-- slapping the microphone out of his hand!...

(86)

The certain "someone" shows his face...

...Just as The Undertaker looks to inflict more pain on the General Manager, The Rock slides into the ring-- behind The Undertaker! The Undertaker doesn't notice The Rock as 'Taker begins to choke the General Manager of SmackDown, until The Rock nails The Undertaker from behind with a right hand! With the crowd booing The Rock, Undertaker turns around as if he hasn't felt a thing-- as he allows Paul Heyman to scurry out of the ring. The Rock then starts unloading right hands on the face of The Undertaker, as The Undertaker is stumbling against the ropes! The Rock then grabs 'Taker, sending him across the ring as he bounces off-- and gets taken down by a diving clothesline! The Undertaker quickly sits back up, before getting to his feet and being met by The Rock again-- this time with a Rock Bottom! The Rock taunts The Undertaker until 'Taker rises back up once more! The Rock quickly exits the ring as he retreats with Paul Heyman, while The Undertaker gets on one knee, rolling his eyes back and sticking out his tongue.

(95)

The Undertaker gained in overness

Overall: 79

Televison Rating: 5.37

Guest Angry Baboon

Wa-Hey! A DYSI? diary to kick off EWBIV. I will admit you're the only guy who's diaries i've read religiously. I love 'em. This one looks just as great, Nice shows, Short but sweet, just the way I like them. Good luck man.

*Since I didn't save my Velocity in time, here is a short run-down of what happened.

-Matt Morgan d. Shannon Moore

-Video of Charlie Haas' new manager and his match versus Tazz

-Danny Basham d. Ultimo Dragon

-Video of Booker T versus Kurt Angle

-Billy Kidman & Paul London d. The FBI (Palumbo & Stamboli)

-Video of The Undertaker, Paul Heyman, & The Rock Segment

I put all my shows up because if we put them in order it'll take days because HY lives in a different time zone. (Y) Expect his up later.

Guest blueblood

Good diary. I was reading back at EWB 3 just never replied. Great to see you around DYSI.

:::Runs away quickly:::

Edited by blueblood

HeAT

Sunday, April 4th, 2004

Steven Richards vs Spike Dudley

The new beginning of the RAW brand began with Sunday night HeAT. And the first match of the "new era" is .. a mediocre, boring, one-star contest between the Dudley that nobody wanted and Steven Richards. Nope, that seems like the usual. The match only lasts about four minutes, and I don't think anyone was complaining. Spike made a big comeback towards the end, hitting an enziguri and flying head scissors in quick consession. However, Richards reversed the Acid Drop, throwing Spike across the ring before hitting a Stevie-Kick for the victory. *

Match: 68

Crowd: 60

Overall: 64

Somewhat Of An Odd Couple?

We saw Val Venis in the backstage area, who was working his charm with a few lovely ladies when he was interrupted by his tag partner, Lance Storm. Storm reminded Venis that they had a match later on tonight, and suggested that Val start preparing. Val didn't seem to take much notice of what Storm had to say, and decided to introduce Lance to the two ladies instead. Lance reluctantly joined the conversation, and soon found himself enjoying the company of the two attractive women. The cameras faded out with Storm joining in with Val and chatting up the two ladies. Ahh. Just like a true tag team.

Overall: 81%

Rene Dupre vs Hardcore Holly

Hardcore Holly, one of the five men to make the jump from SmackDown! made his big RAW debut .. on HeAT. Against Rene Dupre. This one surely wasn't anything special, but it turned out to be one of the better matches on the show. Which in retrospect is quite sad really. Holly threw the Frenchman around the ring for much of the match, comfortably taking control. However towards the end Dupre snuck in a low blow before nailing a nice Russian Leg Sweep for the three count victory. The Frenchman using the Russian legsweep .. oh, the irony. *3/4

Match: 73

Crowd: 70

Overall: 71

Edge Is Coming To Raw

After over a year on the sidelines, Edge returns to WWE in the coming weeks. We saw quite a nice little video package, recapping some of the highlights of Edge's career and showing Eric Bischoff drawing Edge's name out of the draft lottery. Edge returns to RAW .. it should be interesting to say the least.

Overall: 81%

How Do You Prepare For Rico?

Much to my surprise I actually enjoyed this segment. You see, I hate Maven. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe it's the eyebrows .. maybe it's because he's bald, I don't know. However, the young TE winner showed some charisma in this promo, hyping his upcoming match with the most 'flamboyant' superstar in WWE, Rico. Terri asked Maven if he's prepared to face Rico tonight, to which Maven replied "Well, how do you prepare for Rico?" Maven said that Rico's style might be a little unorthidox, but he could deal with it, and promised that tonight he'd walk away with his hand raised.

Overall: 83%

Maven vs Rico

Am I the only one that enjoys watching Rico? I think I might be. Or maybe everyone else is too busy perving on Miss Jackie, and let's be honest, who can blame them? This was fairly entertaining little bout. Maven's reactions to Rico's "unusual tactics" were priceless, and really added to the match. The finish came when Miss Jackie distracted Maven, before the TE winner turned around and walked right into a spinning back kick from Rico. That was enough for the three count and the victory for Rico. *1/2

Match: 68

Crowd: 72

Overall: 70

La Resistance vs Val Venis & Lance Storm

The answer, no. The question, can La Resistance possible be any more stale? The fans showed that they didn't care AT ALL about the two Frenchmen .. which is sort of strange, as Rene Dupre is actually quite over at the moment, despite being attached with Conway and Grenier. Towards the end of the match Conway looked to take out Venis with a French flag shot to ht head, but Val ducked and hit the Blue Thunder Powerbomb, picking up the win for he and Storm in the main event. *3/4 

Match: 74

Crowd: 65

Overall: 69

OVERALL RATING - 71; TV RATING - 4.86; ATTENDANCE - 7549

RAW

Monday, April 5th, 2004

Victoria vs Jazz

The broadcast begins with some video footage, recapping what went down in the "Draft Lottery." We see the usual intro and pyro hit, before JR & his new so-commentator "The Coach" welcome us to the show. Victoria's music plays over the p.a and we're ready for the first match of the night. Jazz makes her way to the ring next and the match quickly gets underway. Jazz takes the upper hand early on, relying on some underhanded tactics to stay in control.

Surprisingly, Jazz kept the advantage for much of the match until Victoria managed to reverse a vertical suplex. From there the Womens champ nailed a string of moves. Jazz looked for a side kick, but Victoria blocked it, then spun Jazz around before rolling Jazz up in a back rollup, which gets Victoria the three count for the win. After the match Victoria celebrated with the fans until she’s interrupted by the music of Eric Bischoff. 3/4*

Match: 62

Crowd: 64

Overall: 63

The GM Has Some Big Announcements

The GM Eric Bischoff casually strolls out to the top of the RAW set with a mike in hand, as Victoria looks on in the ring with a confused look on her face, wondering what Bischoff might be out here to say.

BISCHOFF: “Ya’know Victoria, I’ve got to be honest with’ya .. I’m bored. And don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of the women on RAW. I just don’t happen to be a fan of the women’s division as of late. You see RAW is the hottest show on cable television, and there just isn’t room for .. mediocre wrestling. So as much as it pains me to say, as of tonight .. the WWE Women’s championship, is suspended!”

That announcement is met with boos, whilst in the ring Victoria can’t believe what she’s hearing.

BISCHOFF: “Now wait just a second. Because you see, with every negative comes a positive. With every door that closes, another door opens. And that leads me to my next announcement. As of tonight, the WWE European title will officially return to RAW! An eight-man tournament will begin tonight, with the final being held in Alberta, Canada – April 25th, at Backlash! Now goodnight, and enjoy the rest of Eric Bischoff’s RAW.”

Bischoff cockily struts to the back as JR & Coach talk about the GM’s two huge announcements. We cross to a commercial with JR hyping the match between Rhyno and Christian, which is coming up after the break.

Overall: 88%

Rhyno vs Christian

The self-proclaimed “King Of The Peeps” Christian comes down to the ring with Trish Stratus by his side, ready to take on Rhyno in singles action. Christian jumps Rhyno from behind to start the match, but soon finds him self on the end of some harsh right hands from The Manbeast. Rhyno takes Christian down with a clothesline before throwing him into the turnbuckle. Rhyno rams his shoulder into Christian a few times. Christian then staggers out and Rhyno sets up for a Powerbomb, however Christian reverses it with a backdrop and starts to take control of the match. Christian locks in an armbar, but Rhyno soon reverses out of it and nails a backbreaker.

Christian crawls into the corner and Rhyno stalks Christian, waiting to hit the Gore as soon as Christian makes it to his feet. Rhyno looks for it, however Christian throws Rhyno into the ringpost then quickly nails the Un-Prettier for the victory. Christian celebrates after the match until he’s interrupted by Y2J’s music! Christian prepares for Jericho, when all of a sudden Y2J slides into the ring, coming from the crowd. Jericho clotheslines Christian to the outside, leaving Trish and Jericho alone in the ring. Trish tries to low-blow Y2J, but Jericho blocks it and locks in the Walls Of Jericho! Trish screams in pain, before Christian pulls Trish out of the ring and heads to the back, as Y2J stares the duo down in the ring. **3/4

Match: 79

Crowd: 81

Overall: 80

Backlash Starts To Take Shape

“Time to play the game” hits the p.a and out comes “The Game” Triple H. He makes his way down the ramp and takes a mike, as the fans shower him with chants of “You Tapped Out!”

TRIPLE H: “Yeah. I tapped out. Well, so what!? I had ONE bad night. One bad night out of 365 days in the year. But you see, unlike Chris Benoit, I’ve proven that I’m the best in the business time and time again. The fact is, Chris Benoit simply .. got lucky. He’s a one hit wonder. A dime a dozen. And if he wants to prove everyone wrong, there’s only one way to do it. The only way to prove you’re the best there is .. you gotta go through The Game!”

All of a sudden the arena errupts in cheers as Chris Benoit’s music hits! Benoit storms out to the ramp and poses with the title, before heading down to the ring and getting in the face of Triple H.

BENOIT: “Ya’know Hunter, unlike you when you were champ .. I’m not gonna come out here and talk for half an hour about why I’m the best. You see, I do my talking in the ring. And all I need to prove that I am the best, is right here over my shoulder. The world heavyweight championship. This means I’m the best in the world, and if you wanna try and prove me wrong, then how about you step into the ring with me, right here tonight!”

TRIPLE H: “You want me in the ring, right here tonight? .. You got it! But just one thing Benoit, if you wanna prove you really are the best there is .. how about you put MY World Heavyweight title on the line?!”

Before Benoit can answer, “Im Back .. And I’m Better Than Ever” hits the speakers and out walks the GM Eric Bischoff onto the RAW runway.

BISCHOFF: “Chris Benoit, don’t answer that! Because that match .. it’s not happening. Not tonight. However, it will happen. April 25th. Alberta, Canada. Backlash. It’ll be Chris Benoit defending the World Heavyweight title against “The Game” Triple H. So Hunter .. Benoit .. you’re just gonna have to wait until Backlash to get your hands on one another.”

Bischoff leaves to the back as Benoit and Triple H stare each other down in the ring. Eventually Benoit turns and goes to leave to the back, when HHH low-blows the champ, before nailing the Pedigree! He poses with Benoit’s World title before leaving to the back with a sick smirk on his face.

Overall: 85%

Theodore Long's Newest Client

Theodore Long makes his way down to the ring to a hostile respons from the fans in the arena. He steps into the ring and snatches a mike off the ring announcer, then prepares to address the crowd.

LONG: “Y’all listen up now, ya hear, cause Theodore R Long has got an important announcement to make. You see, I wanna introduce y’all to my new client, the future of RAW. He’s one proud black man. A former WWE Tag Team champion, former member of the World’s Greatest Tag Team and the next WWE European champion, Shelton Banjamin! Belee’dat playa, belee’dat!”

Overall: 68%

Shelton Benjamin vs Tajiri

Shelton Benjamin storms down the ramp, then joins Theodore Long and awaits Tajiri, who he now faces in the first round of the European title tournament. Both of these men are making their RAW debut after switching brands in the lotterly draft. Benjamin immediately starts stomping Tajiri as he slides into the ring, before whipping Tajiri into the ropes, only to receive a springboard back elbow to the face. Tajiri then looks for a stiff kick to the head, but Benjamin blocks it and hits a corkscrew leg takedown.

Shelton applies a back tieup, and Tajiri reverses. Shelton then reverses once again and rolls Tajiri up with a schoolboy and uses the ropes for leverage. Two count only. As both men make it to their feet Tajiri looks for a kick, but Benjamin ducks and nails a Superkick out of nowhere! Bejamin makes the cover and gets the three count for the victory. Theodore Long comes into the ring and celebrates with his new client as we head to a commercial. **3/4

Match: 83

Crowd: 70

Overall: 76

HBK Defies Authority

The Heart Break Kid’s music hits the p.a and the crowd goes crazy as Shawn Michaels struts out onto the top of the stage. He walks half way down, stops and strikes a pose as the pyro shoots off behind him. He hits the ring and takes a mike, ready to address the fans.

HBK: “Now somebody stop me if I’m wrong, but did I hear earlier on, that Triple H has a World Heavyweight title shot at Backlash? I mean, I might not be all there upstairs after some of the beatings I’ve took in my time, but if I recall correctly, Triple H was the one that tapped out at WrestleMania. Not me. Now Eric Bischoff, “Ezy E” you larican, you .. I want you to come down to this ring right now and explain to the Heartbreak Kid just what the hell is going on!”

The GM of RAW’s music hits for the third time tonight as Bischoff walks down to the ring. He doesn’t look quite as upbeat as usual as he takes the mike.

BISCHOFF: “You want me to explain what’s going on right? You want an explination? Well guess what, I don’t need to explain a damn thing! You, and everyobody else needs to understand that this is my show, and I call the shots! And quite frankly, I’m sick and tired of being told how to do my job. Ever since I took over RAW almost two years ago I’ve had guys like you Shawn Michaels, telling me what to do. But it stops tonight! From now on, anybody who challenges Eric Bischoff, will face the consequences! So what I’m telling you HBK, is that you’re not getting a title shot. Not tonight, not at Backlash, not ever!”

That announcement obviously doesn’t go down too well with the fans as the arena fills with boos. Michaels takes the mike off of Bischoff, then waits for the fans to quite down. After a while, Michaels says that there’s only one thing he has to say about that .. he then suddenly lashes out and hits Bischoff with the Sweet Chin Music! The fans go wild as HBK strikes a pose over the fallen General Manager.

Overall: 89%

Kane vs Billy Gunn

“The Big Red Machine” makes his way down to the ring with something to prove after his loss to The Undertaker at WrestleMania XX. Billy Gunn’s out next and you might say he doesn’t look all that confident in his first match since making the switch to RAW. Kane dominates straight away, backing Gunn into a corner and firing away with some hard right hands.

Gunn staggers out and Kane lifts him over his head, then dropping Gunn over the top rope. When Gunn makes it back into the ring Kane grabs Gunn by the throat and throws him from one side of the ring to the other. As Gunn makes it to his feet he turns and walks right into a vicious Chokeslam! Kane makes the cover for the easy three count and the victory. **

Match: 71

Crowd: 80

Overall: 77

Rob Van Dam vs Batista

Mr. Monday Night looks on as Batista approaches the ring with “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair by his side. The match gets underway with the two men locking up. Batista takes control and slams RVD to the mat. Batista then drags RVD up and whips him into the ropes, looking for a big boot, but RVD ducks, keeps running and comes off of the other ropes with a spinning wheel kick. RVD then hits the Rolling Thunder and makes the cover, only to get a two count.

Later on in the match it looks as if RVD’s not far away from victory as he heads uptop, looking for the 5 Star Frog Splash. However, with the ref distracted, Ric Flair sneaks up from behind and shoves RVD off of the top rope. Just as the ref comes to, Batista nails RVD with a Powerbomb for the victory. After the match Batista levels RVD with one more powerbomb, just for the hell of it. **3/4

Match: 79

Crowd: 79

Overall: 78

The Hardcore Legend Killer?

“Crash!” Mick Foley’s music hits the speakers and the crowd goes wild, however those cheers turn to beers as Randy Orton walks out onto the top of the stage. Orton makes his way down to the ring with the IC title hung over his shoulder and takes a mike.

ORTON : “I really hope you enjoyed hearing Mick Foley’s music .. because that’s the last time you’re gonna hear it. You see, I WAS scheduled to face Mick Foley in a hardcore rules match for my Intercontinental title at Backlash. However, it looks like that’s not gonna happen. And my big announcement tonight is, that Mick Foley has officially forfeited our match at Backlash. I know, I know .. it’s a shame. I mean, I was really looking forward to killing another legend. But I guess when’ya think about it .. I’ve killed the hardcore legend .. by forfeit. Haha, but really, this is in Mick Foley’s best interests. This way he doesn’t have to leave pro-wrestling in shame, he doesn’t have to leave after being destroyed by “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton. This way he leaves, simply as an old coward. And most importantly, this way he leaves .. still able to walk!”

All of a sudden Orton suddenly stops his speech, as he notices Terry Funk walk out onto the runway! The fans can’t believe what they’re seeing as Funk takes a mike, whilest slowly walking down the ramp.

FUNK: “Well I’ve had just about enough of this you little bastard! You see, the real reason why Mick Foley will not be competing at Backlash is because he has a broken leg. And trust me Randy, he’s sitting it his home watching right now and he’s distraught about the fact that he can’t come to Alberta, Canada and leave you in a bloody mess! But while Mick can’t beat the crap outta you at Backlash .. there’s no reason why I can’t beat the crap outta you right now! So what’daya say Randy? A hardcore rules match, right now!"

ORTON: “Heh, you’re challenging me to a match old man? Hardcore rules? Well you don’t know who you’re messin with. I’m a hardcore legend! And’ya know what, it’d be my honour to kill ANOTHER legend, right here, righ.."

All of a sudden Funk cuts Orton off with a right hand, and the match is underway!

Overall: 79%

Hardcore Rules - Randy Orton vs Terry Funk

Funk takes control early on, nailing Orton with several right hands. The match goes to the outside after Funk clotheslines Orton over the top rope. Funk throws Orton into the steel steps a few times, before looking to headbutt Orton, however Randy dodges it and Funk’s head bounces off of the ringpost. Orton suplexes Funk, leaving him positioned awkwardly over the barrier. The next few minutes see the two brawl up the ramp, to the top of the RAW set. Funk nails a Piledriver on the runway, but Orton kicks out on two after a cover.

Later on in the match, we’re back around ringside and Orton has Funk set up for an RKO through the announce table! However, Funk backdrops Orton, sending him through the Spanish announce table! Funk drags Orton up and throws him onto the other announce table, and climbs up onto the apron. He then signals to the crowd that he’s going up top, and climbs up to the top rope! Funk prepares to dive off, when Ric Flair comes out of nowhere and low-blows Funk! Funk falls to the mat, as Orton takes a chair and slides back into the ring. Orton looks for a chairshot, but Funk blocks it, grabbing hold of the chair and taking it out of Orton;s hands! Funk then levels Orton with a chairshot!

Ric Flair runs into the ring looking for the save, and recieves a chairshot right to the face! Funk stalks Orton, waiting for him to get up .. Orton makes it to his feet and Funk takes a swing with the chair, but Orton ducks, then hits the RKO, making Funk’s head bounce off of the steel chair in the process! Orton makes the cover. 1-2-3! Orton’s beaten the hardcore legend, Terry Funk! Flair and Batista help Orton up, and back up the ramp as RAW goes off of the air! *3/4

Match: 71

Crowd: 78

Overall: 75

OVERALL RATING - 77; TV RATING - 5.74; ATTENDANCE - 7548

Note: I'll be doing these kind of recaps for HeAT from now on. I dont think the "B" show needs to be any more detailed. However, please note that they're not intended to be "Scott Keith-esque, smark recaps." I'm just using that layout, basically.

- The HeAT Report - Apr. 11/04

- Your hosts are The Coach and Al Snow.

- Pre-taped from Houston, TX.

- Rosey vs Steven Richards - This one was actually a nice little brawl to kick off the show, with Steven Richards (pink shorts and all) going up against the S.H.I.T. The finish came when Rosey went up to the top rope, only for Richards to bounce off the ropes, making Rosey fall awkwardly on the top rope. Steven then hit a Superplex, and followed it up with the three count for the victory. Good match. **1/2

- We see Rico trying to figure out what to wear for his match later on tonight, with the help of Miss Jackie.

- D-Von Dudley vs A-Train - Two men who both have dashes in their name .. interesting fact, no? Much to everyone's surprise, these two men put on one hell of a match, that almost reached the four star mark. However, nobody really cared. The finish came when D-Von surprised Train with a Flying Body press from the top rope, before making the three count for the win. ***3/4

- We see some video footage from RAW, specifically Flair and Batista helping Randy Orton to the back after his hardcore brawl against Terry Funk. BTW, don't expect to see Funk again, last Monday night was a one night only deal.

- Rico vs The Hurricane - This one was a first round match in the European title tournament. Twas a great comedy match. Just think of all the comedic possabilities with a gay man, a superhero and a really hot chick. Hurricane looked for a Chokeslam, but freaked out when Rico applied a liplock. Rico then looked for a spinkick, but Hurricane ducked and nailed a Superkick for the victory. Good stuff. **1/2

- We saw video footage from Monday night, when "HBK" Shawn Michaels hit GM Eric Bischoff with the Sweet Chin Music.

- Lance Storm vs Rene Dupre - Another European title tournament match here, and just personally, I had high expectations for this one. Twas a fairly good match, but not quite as good as they could do, given enough time. Dupre hit a droptoe hold, which gave him enough do that awesome dance of his. However, when he turned around, Storm grounded him and locked in the Straight Shooter, which got him the submission victory. **1/2

- I'd give the show an overall rating of 75, which is really pretty awesome stuff for HeAT. It drew a 5.12 TV rating, with 7504 in attendance.

MONDAY NIGHT RAW

April 12th, 2004

Chicago, IL

Matt Hardy vs Val Venis - The show kicks off with the usual opener/pyro before heading down to the ring for the first match of the night. This is a first round match in the European title tournament. The Big Valbowski over powers Matt early on, stringing together a few moves in a row, concluding with a Fisherman's Suplex, which gets a two count. From here on in it's quite back and forth. The finish comes when Venis looks for a clothesline to a cornered Hardy, however Matt dodged out of the way and surprised Venis with a quick rollup. Hardy grabbed hold of the ropes, helping him attain the three count for the win. (81, 82, 80)

The titantron lights up with a live feed from GM Eric Bischoff's office. The crowd immediately responds with boo's as Bischoff's face appears on the screen, to which Bischoff smiles an arrogant smile. Suddenly that smile turns to a look of anger as he prepares to talk.

"You see this?" He points to a scar, right above his left eye. "This is what Shawn Michaels did to me last week." The crowd cheers. "And for that, you cheer? Well ya'know what, that's just fine. To be honest, I don't give a damn. Because I realize that there's nothing I can do about that. However, I can do something to Shawn Michaels .. and I will. You see, I need to make an example out of someone. I need to show everybody on the RAW roster, that if you cross the boss .. you will pay the consequences. And that's why, at Backlash .. Shawn Michaels will face .. Kane! And that match will have no holds barred. That's right, no disqualifications, no countout, Kane can do whatever the hell he wants to you. And I for one, look forward to seeing it." A sick smile comes over Bischoff's face, before he spins around in his chair, facing the other way. We now head back to the ring for the next match. (79)

Rico vs Tajiri - This one is a very fast paced matchup, which only lasts around three minutes. As the finish nears, Rico sets up for a spinning back kick. He looks for it, but Tajiri ducks and looks for a kick of his own. Rico ducks that and looks for a side kick, which Tajiri blocks, before spinning Rico around and looking for a roundhouse kick. Rico blocks it, before Tajiri nails an Enziguri. Tajiri waits for Rico to get up and looks for a Hurrincarana, but Rico reverses it by holding on and setting up for a Powerbomb. But then Tajiri suddenly hits the hurrincarana out of nowhere and hooks the leg for the three count. (74, 70, 78)

Eric Bischoff is talking to someone on his cell phone in the back when Chris Jericho comes into the picture, as a roar goes up in the arena. Eric finishes off his conversation and hangs up, before turning to face Jericho.

"Look Jericho, before you start, I just wanna tell you that I'm not in the mood for any crap. I had HBK in my face last week, and quite frankly, I'm sick of dealing with the giant egos around this place." Jericho almost cuts Eric off, starting talking straight away. "You're not in the mood for any crap, huh? Heh .. well, good!" Y2J's tone quickly changes, to a much more serious one. "Because neither am I! I'm not here for any trouble, I'm not here to complain about a title shot, I'm here for one simple thing. Christian. I want him in a match, and I want him tonight." Eric starts rubbing his face as he replies. "Well Chris, you know I can't give you Christian tonight. I'm not giving that kind of match away on free TV with no build up. But I'll tell you what I can do. I'll make the match at Backlash. Chris Jericho vs Christian! That is .. if you can beat Ric Flair and Batista, tonight in a handicap match!" Jericho goes to reply, but Bischoff cuts him off. "No, no, no, that's final. Now if you'll excuse me I have business to attend to." Bischoff walks off as Jericho starts thinking about the match later on tonight. (99)

WWE IC Title Match: Randy Orton vs Bubba Ray Dudley - The challenger makes his way to the ring without his tag team partner, and Orton comes out without Evolution by his side. Nearing the end of the match it looks like the champion is in control, before all of a sudden Bubba comes out of nowhere with a Bubba Bomb. He makes the cover, but Orton kicks out at the last minute. Bubba swings Orton into the ropes, and locks in a headlock as Orton bounces back. However, suddenly Orton nails the RKO out of nowhere! Orton makes the cover and gets the three count, retaining his Intercontinental title. (77, 78, 76)

After successfully defending his Intercontinental title, Randy Orton stays in the ring after his match and takes a mike. He grabs his IC title from the referee, before shoving him away and addressing the crowd.

"Is it just me? .. Or am I single handedly destroying the legacy of ECW? I mean, last week it was Terry Funk. Tonight it was Bubba Ray Dudley. It would have been Mick Foley at Backlash. Ya'know, the fact is .. ECW wasn't extreme. It wasn't groundbreaking, it wasn't influential, it wasn't the home of the most hardcore wrestlers in the world. It was a joke. Randy Orton never went to ECW .. and I'm the most hardcore legend there is." Suddenly Orton's cut off by the music of 'The Manbeast' Rhyno! The crowd cheers on as Rhyno stomps out onto the RAW runway, before heading into the ring and getting in Orton's face. "You listen to me, you little punk *bleep*! You think ECW was a joke? Because if you're calling ECW a joke, you're calling me a joke. And NOBODY laughs at Rhyno and gets away with it!" All of a sudden Rhyno explodes out of nowhere and flattens the IC champion with a huge GORE! Rhyno stomps around Orton for a bit, before taking his IC belt and grabbing a mike. "So Randy, seeing as you're so hardcore. And seeing as ECW was such a joke. You'd have no problem defending your IC title against a former ECW World champion, would you? Backlash! Me and you! You got a week to think about it!" Rhyno chucks the belt and mike on Randy, before heading back up the ramp with the fans cheering him on. (69)

We're in the back where Terri Runnels is standing by with Christian and Trish Stratus. Christian's playing with Trish's hair, not really paying attention to what Terri has to say.

"Christian, tonight Chris Jericho faces Ric Flair and Batista in a handicap match. If he wins that match, he'll face you at Backlash. Now surely you must be somewhat worried, I mean, he's goi .." Christian cuts Terri off. "Terri, did you not see WrestleMania Twenty?" Terri nods, saying that she did. "Oh, you did huh? Well then I guess you saw me BEAT Chris Jericho. Oh yeah, and my favourite part. The part where Trish totally slapped the crap outta him! Haha, yeah that was awesome. But anyway, knowing that I've already beat Jericho once, why would I be worried about having to face him again? The fact is, I'm on a roll baby. And tonight there's no way he's gettin past Evolution, and just to make sure. I'm going to be ringside, delivering some special guest commentary to all my peeps out there! Come on Trish, let's go." Trish glares at Terri, before hanging off of Christian and walking off down the hall. (83)

Shawn Michaels vs Rene Dupre - Before the match begins the self proclaimed "French Phenom" takes a mike, but before he can talk, he's interrupted by HBK's music and the match got underway. This angers Dupre, and he immediately jumps Michaels as soon as HBK slides into the ring. Nearing the finish Dupre thinks that he's thrown HBK over the top rope, but Michaels has held on and pulled himself up, before getting back in the ring. Dupre does his special dance, before he turns right into some Sweet Chin Music from HBK! Michaels makes the cover and gets the win. However, after the match as HBK's celebrating, suddenly Kane's music hits! Dupre quickly scurries to the back as Kane makes his way down to the ring. HBK takes a swing at Kane, but Kane blocks it and begins to dominate Michaels, throwing him around the ring. Eventually Kane hits two Chokeslam's which leaves HBK lying, before leaving to the back with a sick smirk on his face. (80, 83, 74)

Chris Jericho vs Ric Flair & Batista - The tag champs come down to the ring accompanied by Triple H and Randy Orton. While, Christian is at the announce table. Just as the match is about to begin, World champion Chris Benoit comes down to the ring, in Y2J's corner! The match gets underway with Y2J on fire, throwing Flair over the top rope and locking in the Walls Of Jericho on Batista within the first two minutes. However, from there Flair and Batista take control of the match, using the numbers to their advantage. Late in the match HHH tries to get involved and Benoit chases him out of the ring, and the two men brawl around ringside! Orton goes to help HHH, when Rhyno sprints down to ringside and starts brawling with the IC champ. With the ref down in the ring, Christian slides in and helps triple team Jericho, but Rob Van Dam sprints down the ramp and clotheslines Christian out of the ring. Suddenly Jericho takes down Flair, before hitting the Lionsault. 1-2-3! Jericho's done it! After the match .. (80, 85, 70)

After the match we have Chris Benoit and Triple H brawling at the top of the stage. Randy Orton and Rhyno are brawling their way through the crowd. Christian attacks Jericho and they begin brawling on the outside, while in the ring Batista and Flair double team RVD. Then suddenly the arena goes dark .. and "Never Gonna Stop" hits the p.a, that's Edge's music! The lights in the arena re-appear and Edge is in the ring! Edge spears Batista! Flair runs at Edge, but Edge ducks and his the Edgeacution! Flair rolls out of the ring and joins Batista in backing up the ramp, as the fans cheer on Rob Van Dam and the returning Edge inside the ring! (82)

Overall Rating - 80; TV Rating - 5.27; Attendance - 7532

Well there's my first HeAT and RAW re-posted, followed by my 2nd HeAT and RAW, which I hadn't posted yet at the old boards. I think everything's organised now, and hopefully we'll be able to get back on track.

Oh yeah, my name is now "HYA" .. I wanted "HY" but it said it haid to have at least 3 characters. Spewin :(

Thanks for ruining the whole Hotel-Smell It? gimmick. ;)

But seriously, nice show. Like the transition from Hardcore Legend to ECW, just for the feud with Rhyno. And your promos are still great, for someone who doesn't watch RAW regularly that is... I 0wn all promos. [shifty]

SD! Preview should be up later, and thanks for the replies. (Y)

WWE SmackDown! Preview, April 15th 2004

After making a shocking return last week on SmackDown!, The Rock started off by making a huge impact. Not only did The Rock attack The Undertaker-- but The Rock attacked The Undertaker to save the General Manager, Paul Heyman! Tonight, as promised, The Undertaker will go one-on-one against The Rock. Will The Rock end The Undertaker’s career tonight?

Also tonight, after being manhandled two weeks ago by The Big Show, can Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio both come back to overcome their past attacks against the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero and The Big Show?

And in singles action, one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Garrison Cade will go up against the rump-shaking, Rikishi. Can these two manage on their own without their respective partners?

Lastly, after being beaten by Charlie Haas-- with help from his newest manager, Stacy Keibler. Can Tazz rebound against Jamie Noble tonight on SmackDown!?

Edited by Do You Smell It?