Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands

Jook

No its just the Slipknot fans(ie Tristy) are jealous of the super voice of Curt Kobain. I'm guessing you think Backstreet Boys should be in the top ten though?  :P

I don't even like Slipknot anymore :rolleyes:

Really? Tristy is finally learning the life of good music :)

*Chainsaw to all Slipknot fans*

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its just the Slipknot fans(ie Tristy) are jealous of the super voice of Curt Kobain. I'm guessing you think Backstreet Boys should be in the top ten though?  :P

Bah, their new album is really good, actually. I was pleasantly surprised.

I think that chainsaw should go to me also, but somewhere else you said screaming doesn't take talent, and I listen to bands that 'scream' most of the time. Mainstream calls it 'Cookie Monster Vocals'.

I don't have a huge problem with Slipknot but what I've heard from them is just screaming. I mean how the hell can you enjoy someone screaming in your ear? Also there personalities suck so badly from what I've see. Spitting in the air and swallowing it again, that's just sick. Maybe the rumour about them killing dogs on stage wasn't true, but they are still twisters :shifty:

I don't have a huge problem with Slipknot but what I've heard from them is just screaming. I mean how the hell can you enjoy someone screaming in your ear? Also there personalities suck so badly from what I've see. Spitting in the air and swallowing it again, that's just sick. Maybe the rumour about them killing dogs on stage wasn't true, but they are still twisters  :shifty:

:lol:

Go see Gorgoroth live. They slaughter lambs on stage and re-inact Jesus's crucifixion with real audience members.

Good shit.

I don't have a huge problem with Slipknot but what I've heard from them is just screaming. I mean how the hell can you enjoy someone screaming in your ear? Also there personalities suck so badly from what I've see. Spitting in the air and swallowing it again, that's just sick. Maybe the rumour about them killing dogs on stage wasn't true, but they are still twisters  :shifty:

Screaming is an acquired taste, some people like it and some people don't. I've actually had people cover their ears while I listen to bands like alexisonfire on my headphones. It's just a matter of loving it or hating it I guess.

JohnnyPerfect sucks.

Nirvana sucks. They got mainstream appeal, but they were the worst of the 'grunge' bands.

Slipknot do more then 'scream'. In fact, most of their really good songs are non 'screaming' songs. Its obvious you've never listened to them.

This list sucks. If Muse is even on it, its a fucking crock.

Once again, I remind you that everyone has their own opinions and whatnot.

Stop fucking thinking all of your opinions are better than everyone elses.

..so if Muse is #1 (which I know it isn't), we're wrong in thinking that's a huge mistake?

<_<

This list sucks. If Muse is even on it, its a fucking crock.

Indeed. From what I've heard of them, Muse just doesn't float my boat at all. Add to that the fact that this is a list of all time bands, not bands that really only started breaking out this year. They just don't belong on it at all.

And if the Mars Volta isn't on here, everyone that voted can fuck themselves :angry:

..so if Muse is #1 (which I know it isn't), we're wrong in thinking that's a huge mistake?

<_<

Thought you liked them anyway?

You can think it's a mistake, but hey, 80 people voted for this, each with seperate opinions and tastes, and if you can't handle them, then tough.

And if the Mars Volta isn't on here, everyone that voted can fuck themselves  :angry:

*bows to Cauc*

I've just gotten into Mars Volta, and I agree. They should have been in the 90s somewhere.

*prays for At The Drive In to be on this*

EDIT: I do like Muse. But in a thing like this when it says "100 Best Bands In The World EVER', Muse shouldn't be in this.

Edited by Tristy

:lol:

Go see Gorgoroth live. They slaughter lambs on stage and re-inact Jesus's crucifixion with real audience members.

Good shit.

That's and understament. Gorogorth fucking owns.

Though nothing tops the epic tale of Mayhem. Even though Ghaal of Gorgoroth is in jail now for torture-like violence.

EDIT- And I can guarantee the only band I listed for consideration that'll be on here is Iron Maiden. If they're even on it.

Edited by damshow

You can't say that though. According to the topic title, this is a list of the Best Bands In The World EVER. Which means apparently, this is the definitive list, and not simply opinions, so theres nothing wrong with giving our opinion. If that made sense.

It should have been called Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands, then people couldn't moan. Or something.