WCW 1999, The Wrestling Suicide Way

I like it the backstage drama is a nice hook and the in ring is improving with every show. I realy think that Superbrawl was your best work and huge props to you that extra work on the top matches realy showed and put this diary from a sometimes read to a must read for me great work. I genuinely cant wait for the next show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCW Headquarters

Atlanta, Georgia

March 3, 1999

Terry Bollea, Eric Bischoff and several minor WCW executives are talking inside a conference room. The heated discussion has been going on for about twenty minutes. Bollea's giving Bischoff a verbal lashing.

"I'm telling you Eric, Goldberg is not good for the locker room. He's belligirent, unruly and he's a god-damned troublemaker! He started that fight, and he wanted to dupe me into doing what I didn't want to do! Check the ratings, Bischoff... the moment he wins the belt, Nitro goes down in the ratings AGAIN! He's not the future of this company, and you know it! I'm still your biggest draw, and someone like Goldberg can't replace me!"

"Look... whatever beef you have with Goldberg, you're going to have to set aside. I've got people looking into that scuffle, and so far everyone's had a different story to tell... if Bill did actually start that fight, then we're going to have to re-evaluate things... but as of right now, I'm not going to do anything... you're going to have to stick with the program that we agreed on... you said that this was good for you..."

"Damnit, Poffo's got to be insane if he thinks that he's got enough mileage to go with me inside the ring again! People have had enough of his character... and frankly, I just agreed to do this program because I want to show you that I'm still the biggest draw in this company, and that I can attract more fans than any Goldberg World Title program!"

Bischoff can only back down on Bollea's demands...considering how he's got Ted Turner's ear, and that Turner called him up a few weeks ago regarding his future in the company.

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

March 8, 1999

Anaheim, California

~

The show begins with a pan shot of the entire arena... Schivaone gives us a summary of what happened last week, and how Randy Savage revealed himself to be the masked man who cost Hollywood Hogan the World Heavyweight Title at Superbrawl! The arena's PA system then blares out with the familiar voice of Savage.

"OOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" And this sound clip is then followed by "Pomp and Circumstance". Immediately the fans get up on their feet. Schiavone notes that Savage is using his original song from the early 90's... and Randy Savage walks out of the curtains weaing a black outfit with the usual tassles and whatnot attached to it, and dons a black bandana on his head. Savage walks down the aisle while pointing at the fans and even slapping some hands along the way. Savage climbs into the ring, and is handed a microphone by the announcer. Savage spins around with his arms extended out as if to entice the fans to cheer, and they do. With his raspy, over-the-top voice, Mach starts speaking.

"Yeeeahh.... the Macho Man is back... and I'm back for only one thiiiing... and that's you Hogan!"

Cheers from the crowd.

"I've done a lot of things in my life... I've done a lot of things in my career as a wrestler.... yeaaahhh... I've won titles... I've defeated every obstacle that's been put in my way... and I want to tell everybody, that I think my time's up... my time here inside the wrestling ring... is about to end... however, I'm not quite sure if it's time for me to lace my boots... and that's why I need a barometer... I need a barometer to determine if I certainly need to go..."

A stunned silence by the crowd, followed by a lot of boos.

"I want a match... a match to be a testament to what I've accomplished inside this ring, and I want my last match to be with the one man who's overshadowed me in my entire career... and that man... is you, Hogan!!!"

The prospect of a match between Hogan and Savage gives the fans something to cheer about once again.

"Hollywood Hogan's asking himself why the Macho Man would cost him the World Heavyweight Championship? It's only because of one thing... I'm going to prove to the entire world that I'm better than Hogan, that I've always been better than Hogan... the only way to get your attention, Hollywoooood.... is to get your mind off of the title... and on me! OOOH YEEEEEAH! So now... let's get down and dirty, Hogan... I want you to walk your ass down that aisle and step into this ring with the MACHO MAN.... and I want us to see each other... FACE... TO... FACE! YEEEAH!"

Savage points the microphone at the curtains, and eggs Hogan to walk out. It's at this moment that the familiar guitar riffs from "Voodo Child" start playing. Hogan emerges from behind the curtains... and receives a ton of boos from this crowd. Hogan slowly walks down the aisle while Savage just waits inside the ring. Savage stares at Hogan all this time, meanwhile, Hogan has an uneasy look on his face. He slowly climbs into the ring... and inches closer to Savage until the two of them are practically face to face. Hogan is handed a microphone by one of the stage hands near the ring.

"Have you got any idea what you did to me at Superbrawl!? Have you got any idea what that title meant to me? Brotha, if you're insecure about yourself... you don't have to go and ruin someone else's life... just because I was a bigger star than you'll ever be doesn't mean that you've got the right to rip me off of MY World Heavyweight Title. I know the game you're playing here, brotha', and I ain't going to play it with you. See... unlike you... I don't have any illusions... I know that I'm the best... that I'm the brightest... Hollywood Hogan never played second fiddle to anyone... and playing second fiddle... Mach... is what YOU have been doing your entire career, BROTHER! At first, I wanted to beat the living hell out of the man who robbed me of my title... but when I found out that it was you, Macho Man... brotha, I was terribly dissapointed. So, just stick this into your head, I won't give you the pleasure of having another match with me, not tonight, not ever brotha!"

Savage stares a hole into Hogan... he certainly didn't appreciate that last remark. He slowly raises the microphone to speak, while Hogan smirks at him.

"You know what? I could clock you in the jaw... right here... right now... yeeeah... but I won't. Because as much as it would make me... and everyone in this arena... feel good, I want you, Hollywood... in a legitimate match inside this very ring... yeeeah. The way I see it... Hollywood... is that you don't have the balls to step in the ring with the Macho Man, one last time!"

"Oh, I've got the balls, brotha! But you see, I don't have any incentive to go up one on one against YOU, bro... because you'll never be better than me.... you'll never be bigger than me..."

"Holywooooooood, then you leave me no choice... You want incentive? I'll give you incentive!"

In a surprise move, Savage smashes the microphone into Hogan's face! Savage straddles Hogan and starts smashing him with the microphone! The Macho Man is simply on fire... he's bloodied Hogan! Hogan's bleeding from his forehead... and Savage bodyslams him... he climbs up to the top turnbuckle... and delivers a devastating elbow drop!!! He covers Hogan and the entire arena counts... one...two...three! Savage gets up, and takes the bloodstained microphone.

"See... you gave me no other choice... Hollywooooood...yeeeeah... and so I'm giving you no other choice... because if you don't step into the ring with me.... I promise you, I'm going to make your life a living hell... OOOOH YEEEEAH!"

The fans cheer as Savage leaves the ring and makes his way through the crowds. Bam Bam Bigelow and Kanyon run down the aisle and into the ring to help their fallen leader. Hogan slowly gets up with the help of the two, blood pouring down his forehead. Hogan's obviously pissed off, and about to explode. Bigelow and Kanyon help Hogan out of the ring, Hogan's muttering something about getting Savage for this.

~

[:Non-Title Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.]

An excellent cruiserweight match, simply amazing. Mysterio had this one won, after he had Eddie Guerrero reeling from a series of lucha moves. Rey climbs up to the top rope and attempts to excecute a hurricanrana, Eddie, however, reverses this move and hits a devastating Powerbomb into the middle of the ring! Guerrero grabs a handful of tights to make sure, and he wins this via pinfall. Guerrero starts taunting the crowd, as he celebrates his win tonight.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero via Pinfall

Match Rating: ****1/4

~

Backstage, cameras cut a scene in Ric Flair's office. Eric Bischoff is there, shouting at Flair, waving a piece of paper.

"If you ever, and I mean EVER attempt to ban the nWo from any WCW Event again, remember that THIS exists!"

Bischoff waves the piece of paper.

"This is a signed document that gives us the right to be inside any arena holding a WCW Event! This piece of paper here has been in existence since the nWo was conceived... and damn it... this document, Ric Flair, CANNOT BE OVERTURNED! You attempt to ban the nWo again, and I'm going to make sure to SUE your ass!"

Flair responds in kind.

"You want the nWo to be in a WCW Event!? You got it... because tonight, for my main event... LEX LUGER and STING are going to tag-up against RAVEN... and THE GIANT! WHOO! Now get the hell out of my office before I slap you back to yesterday!"

Schiavone likes the match, and so does the crowd, it seems. Lex Luger & Sting vs. The Giant & Raven, tonight!

~

[booker T vs. Alex Wright]

Alex Wright was just jobber material for Booker T. The german was unable to execute any form of offense against one half of the World Tag Team Champs. Booker T wins this one via pinfall after the Harlem Hangover.

Winner: Booker T via Pinfall

Match Rating: **1/4

~

At this moment, Jericho decides to show up on the entrance ramp with a microphone. With a sarcastic voice, he starts talking to Booker while pacing the entranceway.

"Good evening, everybody... and welcome to Monday Night Jericho!!!!! Yeah! Booker T! You successfully defeated Alex Wright, the MASTER of the German Suplex! You successfully repelled tyranny and oppression from the Krauts away from WCW! You should be proud of yourself, bro!"

Jericho smiles, and looks directly at Booker T.

"It seems to me that you never were a skilled Tag Team wrestler. That little tag team you had with your brother... the Harlem Dragqueens... or whatnot... that was a pathetic excuse fora tag team... and right now, you're a pathetic excuse for a tag team partner. So, I'm here to tell you that you can continue on pursuing your singles career... forget about being MY sidekick... just hand me back that other half of the tag belts that you've got right there, buddy... and I'm going to let you go on your merry little way."

Booker T grabs a microphone and replies to Jericho.

"Sucka, if you want this belt... why don't you walk down that ramp... climb this ring, and pry it from my dead body!"

This riles up the crowd. Jericho looks like he's about to do it, but stops midway.

"Okay, I'll think about it... no. Look here you milli vanilli reject... these belts are around my waist and yours because of ME! I'm the driving force behind this tag team and right now, I'm kicking you OUT of that team... if you don't want to give the belt back, fine... I'm going to have to get a signed order from MY MAIN MAN, President Flair, to strip you of that tag team title belt! So, BOOKA TEE... hold on to that for me... don't drool on it... or rub it across your filthy body when you go to bed... that's going back where it belongs... on someone else... someone OTHER than you!"

Jericho then heads off backstage, leaving Booker T wondering what he's supposed to do to hang on to the belt.

~

Cut again backstage, inside Flair's office. Flair is talking to The Giant, who seems quite apprehensive about facing Nash and Sting tonight... with Raven as a tag-partner.

"You'd better make sure that you're going to turn this night into Lex Luger and Sting's worst nightmare! I want you to be the bad, bad man that you are... and beat the living hell out of those two! And yes... I know you will... I know you'll do your best tonight... because I've just given you a shot against Goldberg for the World Heavyweight Title... at this month's pay-per-view... UNCENSORED! WHOOOOO! So don't you disappoint me, because brother... you're going to be the crown jewel of MY WCW!"

The Giant smiles and shakes Flair's hand... and then leaves. Before Flair gets to sit down again... Hollywood Hogan bursts into the room with Bigelow and Kanyon behind him. His forehead has been bandaged up, and the bleeding has stopped. Hogan's eyes are full of fury as he starts screaming at Flair.

"I want Savage! Flair, you give me The Macho Man inside the ring! I'm going to give him what he wants... and I'm going to rip him apart with my bare hands, brotha'! YOU GIVE ME RANDY SAVAGE! Do it, Flair! Give him to me! After what he did tonight... he'll be lucky to make it out of the ring once I'm through with him! YOU GIVE HIM TO ME, FLAIR!"

Flair places his hands on Hogan's shoulders... trying to calm him down.

"Hold on... easy... calm down... whooo! Hogan... you want Randy Savage!? You GOT Savage! WHOOO! Hollywood Hogan... Randy Savage... one on one... AT UNCENSORED! WHOOO! Howdja like it!?"

Hogan nods his head in agreement, his breathing slowing down for once.

"Oh I like it... I like it a lot, BROTHA'!"

Schiavone pisses his pants regarding the matches that Ric Flair made for Uncensored! The Giant vs. Goldberg for the World Heavyweight Title... and Hollywood Hogan vs. Randy Savage!!!

~

[Rick Steiner & Saturn vs. The Windhams]

Steiner and Saturn continue their win streak with a convincing victory over the Windhams tonight. Saturn seals the win by locking the Rings Of Saturn against Kendall Windham, giving them the submission win.

Winner: Rick Steiner & Saturn via Submission

Match Rating: *1/2

~

Backstage, Mike Tenay catches up with Kevin Nash, who's loitering around the hallway. Tenay asks Nash about his thoughts regarding Goldberg vs. The Giant at Uncensored. Nash calmly responds.

"What Ric Flair doesn't seem to realize, Tenay, is that I'm supposed be the one getting the World Title shot... not that big tub of lard. Big Sexy's been thrown out of the title hunt by all this hoopla with The Alliance and the nWo! We tried getting rid of the old man at Superbrawl, but hey... we got screwed over big time. Well, now that Big Sexy is BACK, and all the fuss about the WCW Presidency is over... I want MY title shot. I remember what you and your sidekick did to me two months ago... you screwed me out of MY title shot. What YOU don't understand, Flair... is that I've got a 'rematch' clause in my contract... which allows me to challenge for the World Title within six months of losing it! And I guess I'm going to have to use that clause... at this month's PAY PER VIEW! So, as Uncensored... it won't be Goldberg vs. The Giant for the World Heavyweight Title... it's going to be Goldberg... versus The Giant... versus BIG SEXY, in a triple threat match! And when I get my gold back... oh you know I will... when I get my gold back... I'm going to take you down Flair! Revenge is sweet, Flair...And revenge-nWo style, baby, is just too swwweeeeet!"

~

[bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow]

Good match, both of these two vets know how to play off each other well. Bigelow dominated the match, until Hart used his technical prowess to outwrestle the big man. With the sharpshooter locked onto Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page starts running down the aisle. Hart sees Page, and lets go of the hold. Page jumps on the apron, and Hart walks over to exchange some trash talk... Bigelow creeps up from behind Hart and hits a schoolboy pin! Bigelow goes for the pin... one... two... three! Bigelow beats Hart! Hart sits up, and he's pissed!

Page runs backstage... and Hart runs after him! The cameras follow them backstage into the parking lot, as DDP gets inside his car and speeds away from the arena. Hart immediately hijacks a vehicle and follows suit! Page and Hart have left the arena!

Winner: Bam Bam Bigelow via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***3/4

~

"Enter Sandman" starts playing, the crowd goes wild, and Sting walks out from behind the curtains! Wearing a black trenchcoat over a black nWo shirt and blue jeans, he walks down the aisle. He's got a pretty laid back look on his face, his eyes covered by Rayban shades. This Sting is different, Schiavone would say, because this Sting has shed the facepaint and seems to absolutely know what he wants... and that's Ric Flair off of the WCW Presidency! Sting climbs into the ring, and is handed a microphone.

"At Superbrawl... Raven thought it was a good idea to drive my head into the concrete floor with an Evenflow DDT. Last week, Raven thought it was a good idea to run his mouth about how he's going to turn me into his first sacrifice. Tonight, Raven will find out that it's NEVER a good idea to mess with the Stinger!"

Big cheer from the fans.

"Be careful what you ask for, because you're definitely going to get it. You wanted me, Raven? You've got me! I know, you know and everyone out here knows that I won't ever back down from a challenge! I'd suggest that you strap on your seatbelt, boy... because you're going to be in for a very bumpy ride...STINGER STYLE! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"

[Lex Luger & Sting vs. The Giant & Raven]

Luger is introduced next... to mild reaction from the crowd. Sting and Luger meet in the middle of the ring, and wait for their opponents. The Giant then walks out to Flair's music... and he steps into the ring, unafraid of the two men in front of him. "Freak On A Leash" starts playing... and Raven, dressed in his tattered grunge outfit makes his way down the ring. He climbs the ring and stands in front of The Giant, his eyes never leaving Sting. Sting matches his intense glare.

The Giant and Raven start the match. Not long after the bell rings, Arn Anderson is seen coming through the crowd behind the announcer's desk. He runs around the desk, and quickly grabs Sting's feet. Sting jumps down into the mat, and starts brawling with Arn. The ref sees this and immediately calls for the bell, awarding the match to Luger and Sting. Arn Anderson then produces a pair of handcuffs, and in the struggle with Sting, cuffs him to the ropes! The Giant, Raven and Arn Andersonthen start demolishing Lex Luger inside the ring! Sting strains to free himself from the cuffs, but fails to do so... he helplessly watches as The Giant chokeslams Lex Luger TEN CONSECUTIVE TIMES!

Cameras look backstage, and see the nWo locker-room being barricaded by police officers. Nobody from the nWo is able to get out! Bischoff starts asking Flair what the hell this is all about... and Flair says that even though he has to let Bischoff and the nWo inside the arena, that doesn't mean he can't contain them... Flair then starts talking about one of Bischoff's guys having illegal contraband inside the locker room, and how he'll have to contain the nWo inside the room for the rest of the night. Bischoff, Nash and Steiner blow their tops off... not able to run into the ring.

All this time, the three men inside the ring are having a field day with Luger, who is now practically as limp as a noodle after the consecutive Choke Slams buy the Giant! Fans start throwing garbage into the ring... Raven grabs Luger, puts him in a front face lock, points at Sting, smiles... and delivers a vicious EVENFLOW DDT!!! Raven isn't done yet! He picks Luger up again... Arn Anderson holds the unconscious Luger up for Raven... and Raven delivers ANOTHER EVENFLOW! Sting is frustrated with himself, not being able to help his friend. Anderson jumps out and grabs a steel chair! He slides it into the ring... Raven positions Luger above the chair... EVENFLOW DDT ONTO THE STEEL CHAIR!!! Luger is half-dead by now, presumes Tony Schiavione. Sting is now practically emotionally broken as he sees his friend lying facedown on the steel chair, bleeding, unconscious... Raven walks in front of Sting, and smiles... he simply runs his thumb across his throat... a symbol of death... and the show closes with that shot fading away.

Winner: Lex Luger & Sting via DQ

Match Rating: DUD

Nitro TV Rating: 5.08

RAW TV Rating: 7.35

Goldberg Conspicuously Missing From Nitro; Politics Involved?

by Dynamite Syd, Wrestling Watch Website

WCW Heavyweight Champion, Bill Goldberg was not present during the live broadcast of Nitro last night. WCW management has cracked down on outside leakage lately, and it is rumored that Goldberg had an altercation with Terry Bollea akaHollywood Hogan backstage during the March 1 episode of Nitro following their match. Our sources inform us that Goldberg has been put on temporary hiatus as the investigation by WCW on the alleged incident is ongoing. It is said that Goldberg will be present next week on Nitro, as WCW cannot afford to have their current champion out of TV... howver, our source informs us that his appearance will be brief, if only to confirm that he is still with the company. Additional sources have said that Bollea has been actively campaigning for the immediate termination of Bill Goldberg from the company. This is not the first time that Bollea has been reported to use his backstage pull to this effect. Is Golberg's future with WCW in peril? Only time will tell.

Edited by wrestlingsuicide

WCW HQ, Atlanta, Georgia / Bill Goldberg's residence, Atlanta, Georgia

March 9, 1999

Goldberg is at home, serving his temporary suspension from WCW. He is on the phone with Eric Bischoff, they have been talking for thepast few minutes... mostly about the terms of his suspension... Goldberg blows hit top, however when he hears of Hogan's intervention during the subsequent investigation of the fight between him and Hogan.

"This is bullshit, Eric... this is all bullshit. He's blowing smoke in front of everyone. That pompous bastard has the nuts to point the finger at me? I'm not stupid, Eric... I know what I've got on my plate. You know that I won't jeopardize what I'm being paid right now by kicking Bollea's ass! He started the damn fight, and he knows it!"

"Listen Bill, we're going to clear everything up by next week. We can't afford to NOT have you appear on TV, so next week, you're going to put in an appearance. Right now, we're talking to several guys... all we're getting is multiple angles, Bill."

"Talk to Rick... talk to Page... they know what was going on! That sonofabitch knows that I've got the goods and now he's looking to take me out of the running. You know, the phone has been ringing off the hook lately and McMahon's pretty interested in my goods. If you won't lift this suspension or do something about it soon, then I want out of this contract!"

"Are you threatening me? Let me remind you, you DO NOT threaten me. I will take you to court before you violate that contract that you have right there. We're paying you a ton of money to do as we say...get it? Good. I'm going to get to the bottom of this by next week! Goodbye."

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead... lalala... here's a show for you. :thumbsup:

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

March 15, 1999

Tony Schiavone recaps the action-packed episode of Nitro last week. Randy Savage assaulting Hollywood Hogan, thus sparking a Savage-Hogan match at Uncensored. The Giant and Kevin Nash are going to fight Goldberg for the World Heavweight Title in a three-way match at the PPV. And the main event last week... Lex Luger has been confined in an undisclosed hospital following the severe beating that he received from The Giant and Raven... Luger apparently has three crushed ribs, a dislocated collarbone and a severe concussion. Schiavone says that Sting is out for revenge tonight, and that the man inside the ring right now had better run away fast before Sting gets him!

~

Raven's inside the ring, sitting down on a corner, holding a microphone. Much like his previous promos during the past year, his face is a blank mask... emotionless. The fans immediately rain him with boos... not that he cares. Raven slowly raises the microphone to his mouth, savoring each jeer by these fans here in the arena tonight.

"If you mindless sheep would shut up for a moment... you would be able to listen to what I have to say..."

The fans boo even louder. A "We Want Sting" chant starts. Raven sneers, as he raises his voice to be heard.

"You want Sting? You want Sting? In case you weren't able to watch Nitro last week... let me show you what your self-professed hero is capable of!"

Raven points the mic at the two screens beside the Nitro Logo above the entranceway. Images from last week are shown, Sting handcuffed to the ropes, and the subsequent massacre of Lex Luger inside the ring, and of course, Raven using the sliced-throat gesture in front of Sting.

"Stinger, I'm sorry about your friend there. I'm sure that he's somewhere recuperating... his screams of agony, filling the halls of whatever hospital he's sequestered in. How did it feel, Sting? How did it feel to be so helpless? How did it feel, not being able to help your friend... chokeslam after chokeslam... evenflow after evenflow..."

Raven pauses. Then chuckles.

"Don't worry, though... your time will come soon. I know deep down inside, you're seething... you're looking for an answer... why... why... why... don't worry, you will find answers soon enough. You will find answers in due time. In fact, your time... will come... at this month's Pay Per View... at Uncensored! Because Sting, at Uncensored... it's going to be you... and me... inside the ring... one on one..."

Raven pulls himself up, and walks to the middle of the ring, his face now full of anger.

"Don't bother checking if the match is real or not... believe me.. the match has already been made... signed, sealed and delivered courtesy of President Ric Flair. Remember Sting, you get the chance to avenge your fallen friend... you get the chance for vengeance! I get... the chance to prove myself... that I'm better than you... that I'm going to be a bigger star than you! These people chant your name... WHAT ABOUT ME!? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN!? these people revere you as a wrestling god... WHAT ABOUT ME!? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN!? these people simply can't get enough of you... WHAT ABOUT ME!? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN!?"

Raven then lowers his head down... and starts breathing heavily.

"At Uncensored... the Raven shall be heard... at Uncensored... the Raven shall be given his dues... at Uncensored... it will be ALL ABOUT RAVEN!!!"

He tilts his head, so that his eyes stare menacingly into the cameras...letting a sly grin spread on his face.

"Quote the Raven... never more..."

Raven drops the microphone on the mat, and leaves the ring amidst boos from the entire crowd.

~

[Chavo Guerrero vs. Psycosis]

Amazing opener. You simply cannot go wrong with lucha matches... unless of course they're luchas who don't know how to lucha... Chavo wins this one with a cradle piledriver on Psycosis.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero via Pinfall

Match Rating: ****

~

Cut backstage where Ric Flair's sitting inside the President's office. He's got The Giant and Arn Anderson with him inside.

"Ladies and gentlemen... as a consequence of Randy Savage's vicious actions against Hollywood Hogan last week... I have hereby suspended him from appearing on Nitro tonight! But don't worry because next week on Nitro, six days before Uncensored... you will see Randy Savage in a match... a NON-title match against none other than the World Heavyweight Champion... Bill Goldberg! Whooo!"

Flair smiles. The fans have a mixed reaction on the announcement.

"Whooo! We've got a hot show tonight! Because tonight's main event... is going to be Kevin Nash versus The Giant for the number one contendership to the WCW Title! What, you people actually think that I would allow Nash a title shot at Uncensored? No, no, no... Tha Naitcha' Boy is a lot smarter than that! You see... Kevin Nash will have to go through the Giant... if he wants a shot at the belt... and let me tell all of you... The Giant is unstoppable! Whooo! Have a great evening everyone!"

~

[saturn & Rick Steiner vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman]

Saturn and Steiner continue the win streak by effectively getting rid of Mysterio & Kidman this week. Despite the high agility and speed of their opponents, Saturn and Steiner were able to put their size advantage into play and effectively grounded both men. Perhaps that's why it was an awkward match to watch... Rey and Billy not being able to whip out their usual spots. Rick Steiner hits a bulldog off the top rope on Billy Kidman to get the pinfall win.

Winner: Saturn & Rick Steiner via Pinfall

Match Rating: **3/4

~

Chris Jericho's got new music... "Thunderstruck" by ACDC. He cockily walks down the aisle carrying his half of the tag team belts, and gets in the ring. He grabs a mircophone from the announcer.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls... and welcome to MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO!!! I know all you Jerichoholics are dying to know the result of my efforts to discard that pathetic excuse for a tag team partner, Booker T. Unfortunately... President Flair... the GRRRRREATEST WCW President EEEEEVER... told me that the only way I could get rid of Booker T is if we lose the Tag Team Titles... and THAT is NOT going to happen... not in a MILLIIIIION YEARS! And so... after an entire week of thinking it over... I have decided to welcome you back, Booker T. I have decided to put up with your lackluster in-ring ability... with your lack of charisma... with your terrbily overpowering body odor... and I have decided to take you back into TEAM JERICHO! So Booker T, come on down that aisle, step into this ring, and once again stand behind me as my trusty sidekick!"

Booker T walks out to the tune of his old Harlem Heat music. He's got a mic himself, and the other half of the tag belts with him.

"Jericho, you must be out of your mind, sucka. If you think that I'm going to step into that ring and be your chump... then you'd better think again. I ain't nobody's sidekick, and I don't play second fiddle to anyone... specially not you, BOY. What I suggest, sucka, is that you take this tag team... and shove it where the sun don't shine, because this team ain't never goin' back together again!"

Jericho smiles.

"Look Booker T... I don't think you get it. You see, President Flair has already booked a title defense at Uncensored... it's going to me... and you... against that bland, bland team of Rick Steiner and Saturn! And Ric Flair told me that if you DON'T defend these tag team titles with me... you're going to be suspended INDEFINITELY, and WITHOUT PAY! So why don't you go back to that cockroach infested hole you came from... think about it a while... and then come back to me next week with your answer... alright? Get it? Got it? Good! See ya!"

Booker T looks like he's about to blow... but decides that it's not worth it and leaves... effectively leaving the impression that Chris Jericho just punked him out.

~

[:WCW Television Title Match: Kanyon vs. Scott Steiner]

This is Steiner's rematch, since he lost the title to Kanyon via interference from Bam Bam Bigelow. Steiner was stubborn about jobbing one more time to Kanyon. The finish, hence the ugly match. in this one was no different from their first encounter, Bigelow ran in when the ref wasn't looking and nailed Steiner with a vicious clothesline from behind. Kanyon went for the pin and got it. At the end of the match, Scott Steiner was obviously pissed, and hit a belly-to-belly on the referee. Ouch.

Winner: Kanyon via Pinfall

Match Rating: 1/2*

~

[Raven vs. Norman Smiley]

Raven makes short work of Smiley in this uneventful match. He hit a vicious Evenflow to seal the deal and grab the easy win. After the match, Raven was walking his way back... when out of nowhere, Sting jumps out of the crowd and starts assaulting Raven!!! The crowd explodes!

Sting grabs Raven and drags him back to ringside... he then throws Raven into the steel barricade! Sting doesn't let up, and throws Raven now to the steel post! Ouch! Raven looks like he's hurt! Sting starts putting the boots on Raven! And this is the time that backstage security starts running out from behind the curtains and down the aisle. They contain Sting and escort him backstage, while Raven slowly gets up and collects himself.

Backstage, we see Sting being escorted out of the building! Schiavone then informs us that Ric Flair has ordered the eviction of Sting from tonight after that unwarranted attack on Raven! Schiavone cries injustice, but is helpless to do anything nonetheless.

Winner: Raven via Pinfall

Match Rating: **

~

Bret Hart's music starts playing, the fans get on their feet, and the Hitman starts walking down the aisle. He enters the ring, and immediately asks for a microphone.

"Cut my music. Cut it."

The music stops playing, and Bret starts talking.

"I'm out here for one reason, and one reason alone... Diamond Dallas Page... get your butt in gear and walk out here, so you can listen to what I've got to say!"

After a few moments of waiting... DDP shows up from behind the curtains with the US Title and a perplexed look on his face.

"I'm going to give it to you, Page, you beat me fair and square in the middle of this ring at Superbrawl. I won't take that away from you... but the fact still remains... your win... it just might have been a fluke. Now... I've got a rematch clause in my contract... which says I can ask for a rematch within six months of losing any title. You know that I could use that rematch clause right now... or I could use it at the upcoming Pay Per View..."

Page looks worried. He certainly didn't bank on having to fight Hart again... and not for the US Title.

"But I'll tell you what... you step into this ring with me right here, right now...and I'll put that rematch clause for the US Title on the line. If you beat me... my rematch gets thrown out of the window, and I probably won't bother you again... BUT if I beat you... then you have to face me at Uncensored, and put the United States Title ON THE LINE. Whaddya say, Page?"

Page starts walking down the aisle. He climbs into the ring, and grabs the microphone from Bret's hands. Page thinks for a while, tilting his head back...

"Oh, it's on, monkey boy! And that match... starts right now!"

And with that FISTS START TO FLY! Page and Hart immediately get into it even before a referee is able to scamper into the ring.

~

[:If Bret wins, he gets a shot at the US Belt at Uncensored: Bret Hart vs. Diamond Dallas Page]

This was a good match, and would you believe a few notches up from their performance at the PPV, this being on free TV and all!? Both men gave their usual stuff...but the drama was better, since Hart was actually looked like he wanted to win this one badly. When DDP almost found an opening to hit the Diamond Cutter... Hart immediately shoves Page into the turnbuckle, and rolls him up for the three count while holding on to the tights! Hart hightails it out of the ring, as Page gets up and starts complaining to the ref who won't hear any of it. Hart smiles at Page, and makes a 'title belt' sign around his waist. Page can't believe that Hart just outwitted him tonight... and that at Uncensored, Hart and Page will duel for the United States Championship!

Winner: Bret Hart via Pinfall

~

Hogan's backstage being interviewed by Mike Tenay. Tenay asks him if he has any words for Macho Man.

"Tenay, I've got words for the Macho Man alright! Randy Savage, let me tell you something, brother, last week you might have gotten the best of me. You took me out with a cheap shot, and then you rammed that microphone into my skull, brother... again and again, until I was bleeding profusely! I had to get the help of medical personell backstage to patch me up and stop the bleeding. But at this month's Pay Per View, at Uncensored, Macho Man, I'm assuring you that it's going to be you who'll be bleeding! See... not only did I ask Ric Flair to give you what you wanted: a match with me at Uncensored... but I've also asked Ric Flair to add an additional stipulation... No... Holds... Barred!!!"

Hogan savors the crowd reaction.

"I'm going to make sure that when you step out of that ring, Mach... brother, you're going to the right thing and retire from this business alltogether. I'm going to beat you up so bad, dude... that you're going to wish that you had never come back into WCW again! Now, Macho Man, the question that I ask you... Whatcha Gunna Do, When Hollywood Hogan runs wild on you!?"

~

[:#1 Contendership To The World Heavyweight Title: The Giant vs. Kevin Nash]

Good match... surprisingly from both men. They were slow... but they complemented each other well. The battle was into full swing as Nash hits a big boot to send the Giant finally crashing down into the mat. Nash fails to take the initiative and pin his opponent, however, and decides to play to the fans. Nash pulls The Giant up and throws him to the ropes, his opponent reverses and they hit the referee!!! The Giant recovers, kicks Nash in the gut and hits a VICIOUS CHOKESLAM! Nash is out!

Running down the aisle is Goldberg!!! The Giant doesn't see him... Goldberg slides into the ring, and stalks his prey like a lion... The Giant turns around... SPEAR!!! THAT BROUGHT THE BIG MAN DOWN!!! Kevin Nash is slowly coming to his senses... SPEAR BY GOLDBERG ON NASH!!! HE'S LAID OUT BOTH MEN! The referee finally comes to, and sees Goldberg standing in the ring amidst the two competitors. He asseses the situation immediately calls for the bell. This match has ended in a draw!!!

Goldberg grabs a microphone from the announcer!

He points at The Giant down on the mat...

"YOU'RE NEXT!"

Then he points at Kevin Nash...

"AND YOU'RE NEXT!"

He cracks a wicked smile... something he hasn't done his entire stay in WCW...

"Uncensored... three way dance... YOU'RE BOTH NEXT!"

Schiavone goes nuts, pisses himself in joy and says that Goldberg wants a three-way at Uncensored! OH MY GOODNESS! Ric Flair must be doing backflips inside his office right now! He tells us that we're out of time and we get a final shot of Goldberg standing in the middle of the ring amidst the fallen Giant and Nash! He reminds us to tune in next week!

Winner: Draw via DQ

Match Rating: ***

Nitro TV Rating: 4.51

RAW TV Rating: 7.36

WCW HQ, Atlanta, Georgia

March 18, 1999

Inside a conference room, Eric Bischoff, several minor booking staff, Terry Bollea and Bill Goldberg are talking. The tension in the room is very high... and both wrestlers are just trying not to look at the other man. There have been 'negotiations' going on for the past hour or so... Eric Bischoff has been trying to broker an agreement.

"Alright... we've decided not to suspend or fire anyone... BUT... I stress this... Terry, Bill... you'll have to find someway to co-exist with one another. If you can't do that, then I suggest you two just get the heck out of each other's face. We can't have WCW up in flames because the two of you don't like each other... are we in agreement?"

Eventually both men agree not to cross each other's paths backstage... although one doesn't trust the other, they will have to work with this situation, lest Bischoff actually suspend or fire someone.

WCW SIGNS JAPANESE STARS

by Dynamite Syd, Wrestling Watch Website

March 21, 1999

user posted imageuser posted image

Shinzaki and Akiyama

AP - World Championship Wrestling has reportedly signed Japanese wrestling stars Kensuke 'Jinzei' Shinzaki and Jun Akiyama to long-term contracts. Both men are reported to have signed with WCW over the weekend after an overseas visit by WCW President Of Operations Eric Bischoff.

Many will remember the 33 year old Shinzaki as the WWF character, Hakushi. He left the WWF after achieving jobber status. The 30 year old Akiyama is an accomplished tag wrestler, having performed with Takao Omori and Mitsuharu Misawa in Japan. Shinzaki and Akiyama have a solid following in Japan and will be looking to gain ground in the United States. They are expected to be brought into NWA-Wildside, WCW's development camp... and will hopefully be making their debut's in WCW within a few months.

Bah... sorry for the lack of promo goodness... :) will make up for it...

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

March 22, 1999

Reno, Nevada

Nitro opens with Ric Flair sitting inside the president's office with Arn Anderson, Flair's got a mic.

"Good evening, everybody, and welcome to Nitro! We're less than a week away from Uncensored, and tonight's going to be a BIG night! Because tonight, you're going to see Hollywood Hogan... and The Giant teaming up against Kevin Nash... and The Macho Man Randy Savage, in a tag match! But... more importantly... I've known the Macho Man and Hollywood Hogan for many, many years. I've known them when they were up north, headlining McMahon's wrestling federation... and I've known them when they came here to WCW and headlined our shows with me, tha naitcha boy, whoooo! I've seen the animosity between these two men grow beyond hatred... and I've seen the worse come out of both Savage and Hogan! A few weeks ago, Randy Savage said that he was thinking about retiring... he was thinking about quitting... and how Hollywood Hogan said last week that he'd beat you up to point of retirment...well then, I've put that into account when I say that at Uncensored... Hollywood Hogan and Randy Savage will be fighting in a one-on-one match... a special match...it will be no-disqualification...no count-out... NO HOLDS BARRED... and it will be.... a RETIREMENT MATCH! WHOOOO!"

Schiavone specualtes that this does not bode well for Randy Savage. The Flair-Hogan alliance will probably do everything in its power to have Hogan win the match... and if Hogan wins, then Savage will have to lace up his boots and retire from active wrestling!

~

[#1 Contendership To The Cruiserweight Title: Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Billy Kidman]

Good opener, as usual. Do you get tired of these cruiserweight matches? Heck no! Chavo Guerrero beat Kidman by a hair, via a well-timed Powerbomb to counter a hurricanrana from Kidman. Chavo pins Kidman, and gets the one, two and three. Chavo will once again challenge Eddie Guerrero for the Cruiserweight Championship.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr. via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***1/2

~

As Chavo celebrates, Eddie Guerrero walks out and starts trash-talking his nephew.

"Orale... that was great win, nephew! That was a great win! But sadly, this Sunday, your luck won't be as good! See, Chavito... I beat you the last time, and this Sunday, I'm going to beat you again! Don't think that you're going to be good enough to take my Cruiserweight Championship from me... simply put... this championship is going to stay around my waist after Sunday night, at Uncensored!"

Eddie smiles, as Chavo motions for the belt.

"Oh, that's all you're going to be doing Chavito... you're going to WANT this belt... but I'm telling you right now... you won't be taking it from me! I'm part of the biggest stable in wrestling, Orale! I'm part of the Alliance! You, you're a nobody... you're nothing! I'll see you Sunday Chavo! Orale!"

Guerrero leaves, while Chavo just stares at his uncle from inside the ring.

~

[Disco Inferno vs. Mikey Whipwreck]

Mikey Whipwreck gets a very rare appearance on live WCW TV. Disco Inferno returns to the ring after several weeks of absence. Inferno shows some ring rust, but nevertheless is able to perform up to par. Whipwreck seemed lost in the ring, though. Inferno hit the Last Dance to win the match via pinfall.

Winner: Disco Inferno via Pinfall

~

[::WCW TV Title Match:: Kanyon vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.]

Mysterio gives Kanyon a run for his title in this one. Kanyon however proves to be the smarter competitor. Kanyon uses the ropes for leverae after rolling Mysterio up via a schoolboy from behind. The referee is unable to see it, and counts the three to give Kanyon the win.

Winner: Kanyon via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***1/2

~

Mike Tenay catches up with Scott Steiner backstage. He asks him about the report that he and Bigelow will be facing off at Uncensored! Steiner grabs the microphone from Tenay.

"That fat sack of crap cost me the TV Title not once, but twice already! The big bad booty daddy ain't gonna' let something like that pass! This Sunday night, at Uncensored, I'm going to give Bigelow what's coming to him, an old fashioned butt stomping! All my freaks are going to witness the man with the leargest arms in the world simply destroy the man with the largest belly in the world! And after I'm through with you, Bigelow, I'm going to make sure that gold is going to wrapped around my waist pretty soon! Holla if ya hear me!"

~

[booker T w/ Chris Jerico vs. Saturn w/ Rick Steiner]

Good match from both Booker T and Saturn, it seemed like they complemented each other's style quite nicely. Jericho, to eveyone else's chagrin, kept on trying to interject himself into the match... that is, until Rick Steiner starts chasing him around ringside. Saturn had the Rings of Saturn locked on to Booker T when Jericho runs into the ring... Rick Steiner tries to follow him but the referee stops him. With the ref's back turned, Jericho hits a vicious enziguiri on Saturn. Booker T takes advantage and pins Saturn while Jericho jumps out. The ref turns around, sees the pin and counts to three! Booker T then realizes what Jericho did, and immediately gets into his face. Jericho just sneers and walks away.

Winner: Booker T via Pinfall

~

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" hits, the fans start booing and the US Champ, Diamond Dallas Page starts walking down the aisle. He's got a very displeased look on his face...as he rolls into the ring and grabs the microphone from the announcer.

"Hitman... I've got to hand it to you... you did beat me last week... while grabbing on to my tights!!! Sure, you've outwitted me... but come Sunday, you're not going to be able to pull something like that off! Why? Because I said so! I'm the US Champ, damnit, and I'm not going to let you beat me again, in that way! Maybe you know deep down in your heart that you can't beat me fair and square! I, on the other hand, laid you down on the mat... and pinned you... ONE...TWO...THREE! Let's see you do that at Uncensored, monkey boy... I'm betting you my life that you won't... you CAN'T... because this Sunday... I'm making sure that you FEEL... THA'... BANG!!!!"

Page drops the mic brings his hands up to form a diamond and brings them down screaming 'BANG'. Schiavone says that Hart vs. Page #3 is going to be a match to watch this Sunday.

~

[Goldberg vs. Scott Norton]

Goldberg is UNSTOPPABLE. He took care of the big Norton in less than two minutes. A Spear and a Jackhammer later, Goldberg's celebrating his win.

Winner: Goldberg via Pinfall

~

Cut to somewhere very dark... possibly a dimply lit room? The camera slowly pans, until Raven is seen, sitting down on a chair.

"The clock is ticking... six days away... we are a mere six days away from Uncensored... six days away from the birth of a new legend... six days away from greatness... because six days from now, this Sunday, at Uncensored... everyone will know the Raven. Sting will know what it is like, to be on the receiving end of the Evenflow... Sting will finally realize that his own fate is linked with mine. His descent will give way for my ascention! With Sting's star on the decline, mine shall rise ever so swiftly over the horizon. Realize this, Sting... the pain that your friend... Lex Luger... is experiencing right now... will be just a fraction of the punishment that you will be receiving this Sunday! Your days are numbered... SIX DAYS...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick.........tock......... Quote The Raven... Never More."

~

[Hollywood Hogan & The Giant vs. Randy Savage & Kevin Nash]

Put these four in the ring, mix their egos and what do you get? A bad, bad match. Nothing really new from these four, this was your typical tag-match, laced of course with the anticipation for Hogan-Savage at Uncensored.

Big finish as Hogan and Savage were duking it out in the middle of the ring... The Giant decides to step in... Kevin Nash jumps in as well... and we've got a bonzo-gonzo battle! The referee can't control the action and he throws this match out! The Alliance starts running down the ramp, Bigelow, Kanyon, Page, Jericho, Eddie Guerrero... and so do the nWo.. Steiner, Sting, Konnan! Soon the entire locker room empties out into the ring and ringside... Bret Hart, Raven, Chavo Jr., Booker T....EVERYONE IS BRAWLING! Conspicuously absent are Sting and Goldberg.

GOLDBERG'S MUSIC HITS! GOLDBERG STARTS RUNNING DOWN THE AISLE! Schaivone informs us that we have no more time! We catch a glimpse of Goldberg jumping into the ring, AND SPEAR RAVEN INTO OBLIVION! He starts to set himself for another spear, and the show fades out into black.

Winner: Draw

Match Rating: 1/2*

Nitro TV Rating: 4.51

RAW TV Rating: 7.36

Ladies and gents, here is the preview for WCW Uncensored. To the numbered few who actually read, please feel free to leave your predictions. Whoever gets the most number of correct predictions will get to decide something concerning the diary. :)

user posted image

WCW UNCENSORED

March 28, 1999

MGM Grand, Las Vegas Nevada

[::Cruiserweight Title Match:: Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.]

user posted imageVS. user posted image

After successfully defending the Cruiserweight Title against Chavo Guerrero last month at Superbrawl, Eddie Guerrero will once again have to defend it against his nephew at Uncensored. Will Eddie be able to beat Chavo again? Or will his nephew finally get the best of him and win the Cruiserweight Title?

[bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Steiner]

Bam Bam Bigelow has cost Scott Steiner the TV Title two times... once as the latter was defending against Kanyon, and the second time as Scott Steiner was trying to regain the TV Belt against Kanyon. Steiner has had enough, and has somehow managed to get this match right before the PPV. Steiner says he will make Bigelow pay for his transgressions, and Uncensored will be the time and place!

[::WCW Tag Team Title Match:: Chris Jericho & Booker T vs. Saturn & Rick Steiner ]

user posted imageuser posted imageVS. user posted imageuser posted image

The brewing animosity between Chris Jericho and Booker T almost reached boiling point a few weeks ago. However, Ric Flair's decision to keep this team active may just be thing that pushes both men over the edge. They value the gold around their waist above their rivalry, and will look to defend it against the red-hot team of Saturn and Rick-Steiner, who are looking to grab the gold for themselves.

[::United States Title Match:: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Bret Hart]

After defeating the Hitman in the middle of the ring at Superbrawl and capturing the United States Title, Page will now have to defend it against the same man he beat. Bret put his rematch on the line two weeks ago on Nitro, and defeated Page after holding on to his opponent's tights to grab the pinfall victory. Page has proven he can beat Bret fair and square in the middle of the ring, will the Excellence of Execution be able to do the same against Page this Sunday night?

[sting vs. Raven]

Raven made his presence felt at Superbrawl IX, costing Sting and the nWo their match against Ric Flair... and thus conceding the Presidency of WCW to the latter. The following night on Nitro, Raven revealed his desire to use Sting as a stepping stone into greater things, something Raven has not been able to do due to his rebel nature. Raven, with the help of The Giant and Arn Anderson, then dismantled and hospitalized Sting's friend, Lex Luger, while Sting watched, handcuffed to the ropes. This sent Sting over the edge... and we have not heard from him, other than a brief interferrence on a Raven match a few weeks ago. Sting will be looking for vengeance and Raven will be looking for fame... who will prevail!?

[::World Heavyweight Title Match:: Goldberg vs. The Giant vs. Kevin Nash]

user posted imageVS. user posted imageVS. user posted image

At Superbrawl, Ric Flair unveiled his secret weapon and mystery partner, The Giant! After winning the presidency match at Superbrawl, Ric Flair awards The Giant a WCW Title match against Goldberg at Uncensored. Kevin Nash, the former champ, on the sidelines after being assaulted and 'fired' by Flair, demands his rematch and interjects himself into the championship match to make it a three-way. Flair tries to prevent this by having The Giant and Nash fight to determine which one is the true contender to the title. Goldberg decides to interfere... and says that he wants BOTH MEN at Uncensored! Will the ring be enough to contain these three men!? Who will emerge as champion when the smoke clears!?

[::No Holds Barred, Retirement Match:: Hollywood Hogan vs. Randy Savage]

At Superbrawl IX, a masked wrestler cost Hollywood Hogan the WCW World Title against Bill Goldberg. The next night on Nitro, the masked wrestler revealed himself to be noone else but The Macho Man Randy Savage! After assaulting Hogan inside the ring, and issuing a challenge for a match, Savage got what he wished for as Flair booked the match the following week. Hollywood Hogan uses his alliance with Flair to make the match a no-holds barred match. And the Nitro before Uncensored, Ric Flair reveals that the man who loses this match will be forced to RETIRE from active wrestling. Will Savage beat Hogan? Or will Hogan put an end to Savage's career? Who will retire at the end of Uncensored!?

TO FIND OUT, TUNE IN THIS SUNDAY NIGHT, MARCH 28, 1999 LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW FROM THE MGM GRAND IN LAS VEGAS NEVADA! WCW UNCENSORED!

I've decided: If you get the most number of correct predictions, you get to determine the Main Event for the Monday Nitro the next night! :)

Well, Umpire, looks like you're the only guy in the running. :D

Hey. Nice diary so far. I was a much bigger WCW fan than I was a WWF fan back in the day, and this diary is seriously rocking. Here's my predictions for the PPV:

Chavo Guerrero vs. Eddie Guerrero (WCW Cruiserweight title match)

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Steiner

Rick Steiner and Saturn vs. Booker T and Chris Jericho (WCW World Tag Team title match)

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Bret Hart (WCW United States title Match)

Raven vs. Sting

Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash vs. The Giant (WCW World Heavyweight title match)

Hollywood Hogan vs. Randy Savage (Retirement match)

Edited by DigificWriter

This ladies and gents is a labor of love.... enjoy. Read the matches. I painstakingly wrote every last one... to capture the PPV flavor. :) This is probably the best that I've written... ever.

user posted image

WCW UNCENSORED

March 28, 1999

MGM Grand, Las Vegas Nevada

[::Dark Match:: Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman]

Cruserweight goodness! Mysterio wins with a hurricanrana. Handshake between the two men.

Winner: Rey Mysterio via Pinfall

The show opens with Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay in front of the camera sitting in their broadcasting table situated right in front of the ring. Schiavone welcomes us to WCW Uncensored, and informs us that this night is going to be a night to remember. They give us a brief rundown of all the matches for tonight, and they give their insights on the competitors.

[::Cruiserweight Title Match:: Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.]

Chavo Guerrero is introduced first, and he gets a nice pop from the crowd. The fans are really taking notice of the cruiserweights. The Cruiserweight Champion, Eddie Guerrero then saunters his way down the aisle, taunting his nephew on the way to the ring. Chavo just glares at Eddie. Eddie enters the ring and plays to the crowd, who immediately boos him. Eddie hands the title to the ref, and we are underway.

Collar and elbow tie up to start the match, Eddie throws Chavo to the ropes, and Chavo counters with a head scissor takeover! Eddie gets on one knee, surprised that Chavo was able to pull out that move this early into the match. Chavo grins at his uncle. They tie-up again, and this time, Eddie throws Chavo outside through the ropes! Chavo recuperates, slowly getting up, and Eddie jumps from inside the ring and outside onto Chavo with a plancha! They both tumble to the floor! Eddie gets up, and throws Chavo to the barricade, then throws him back into the ring. Eddie climbs back in, sees Chavo lying down, runs across the ropes and hits a quick leg drop!

Eddie picks Chavo up, and throws a right hand. Blocked by chavo! Right hand by Chavo! Another right from Eddie! Blocked again by Chavo! And the punches are now coming! Chavo corners Eddie and starts stomping him down onto the lower turnbuckle! Chavo plays to the crowd, and they respond with cheers. Chavo picks Eddie up... and put him between his legs... POWERBOMB! Eddie is knocked out... Chavo hits a leg drop, then quickly goes over to put Eddie in a rear chin lock! Eddie slowly powers out of it... getting to one knee... then standing, and then throwing Chavo to the ropes. Eddie clotheslines Chavo on the ropes and we're back outside! Eddie goes for another plancha from the ring... but this time Chavo ducks out of the way!

Eddie slowly gets up, he sees Chavo waiting, and he charges at Chavo! Chavo backdrops Eddie into the crowd! Chavo then throws Eddie into the barricade! They make their way back ringside... Chavo takes Eddie and throws him to the steel steps! Ouch! the ref is now up to 6...7...8... Chavo picks up Eddie and throws him back into the ring. Chavo grabs Eddie... russian leg sweep! Chavo covers... one...two... kick out by Eddie! Chavo looks a bit frustrated... he gets up and pulls Eddie up... clothesline by Chavo! Chavo grabs Eddie by the hair... SNAP SUPLEX on Eddie! He goes for the cover and it only gets Chavo 2.

Chavo gets up and attempts to pull Eddie up again. This time Eddie punches Chavo in the gut! Again! Again! Eddie throws Chavo to the ropes... dropkick by Eddie! Chavo's down! Eddie grabs Chavo... DDT! He goes for the cover... one, two... kickout by Chavo! Eddie grabs Chavo, he throws him to the turnbuckle! Eddie kicks him a bit before perching Chavo on the top rope. Eddie signals for a big move... SUPERPLEX! Eddie covers... one... two... NO! Chavo kicks out!!!

Eddie says it's over! Eddie starts climbing to the top, ready to deliver the Frog Splash... Chavo slowly gets up... Eddie is up top... but Chavo's already standing! Chavo runs into the ropes, causing Eddie to fall groin first on the corner! Chavo climbs the turnbuckle, setting Eddie up... BELLY-TO-BELLY SUPLEX OFF THE TOP ROPE!!! Chavo has a surge of adrenaline... he gets up and immediately makes it to the top rope... FROG SPLASH!!! Chavo covers... ONE...TWO... THREE!!!! CHAVO GUERRERO WINS! CHAVO GUERRERO IS THE NEW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION! Chavo celebrates to the delight of the crowd as Eddie Guerrero retreats backstage, his pride obviously as hurt as his body.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr. via Pinfall

Match Rating: ****3/4

Overall Rating: 92

Crowd Reaction: 85

Match Quality: 100

Notes: Oh my fucking God. Simply ridiculous match... and the crowd was into it so well... I would think it ranks up there with Bret/Owen and Liger/Pillman as one of the better openers in history.

[bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Steiner]

Bigelow is introduced first, he's got TV Champ Kanyon with him as insurance. Scott Steiner, on the other hand brought nobody along from the nWo, feeling confident he can beat Bigelow tonight without any help. Trash talking now between Steiner and Bigelow, right before the referee has the bell rung to start the match. Ding ding ding. We're on.

Bam Bam Bigelow immediately tries to take control of this match, delivering big blows to the chest and head of Steiner. Steiner walks into a running head-butt from Bigelow! Bigelow then throws Scott outside, and starts distracting the referee. Kanyon immediately puts the boots on Steiner, with the referee distracted! Bigelow goes out, and grabs Steiner... he throws him into the railing! Bigelow then throws Scott back into the ring, and exchanges words with some fans at ringside.

Bam Bam grabs Steiner, but Steiner retaliates, throwing Bigelow to the ropes and hitting a knee-lift. That doesn't bring the big man down... Steiner runs across the ropes, and hits a big clothesline to take out Bigelow! Steiner goes for the cover... and Bigelow kicks out at 1. Steiner stands up, and hits his trademark elbowdrop on Bigelow. He covers again... and again, Bigelow kicks out at one.

Steiner grabs Bigelow by the head, but the big man counters with a punch to the gut. Bigelow throws Steiner to the ropes, ans Scott is tripped up by Kanyon. The ref didn't see it. Steiner jumps out of the ring and starts to chase Kanyon, but is cut off by Bigelow. The two get back into the ring and start brawling again. This time Bigelow gets the better of Steiner as he delivers a solid kick to Steiner's gut. Bigelow hugs Steiner... HEADBUTT! HEADBUTT! HEADBUTT! Steiner falls down on the mat after those big headbutts! Bigelow covers, and only gets two. Bigelow covers again! This time it's only one.

Bigelow pick Steiner up... Steiner suddenly wraps his hands around Bigelow!!! OVERHEAD BELLY-TO-BELLY SUPLEX! Oh my... that shook the ring! Steiner goes over, and he locks the Steiner Recliner on Bigelow!!! Bigelow won't tap... Kanyon gets on the apron... Steiner sees him and walks over to Kanyon. The ref gets in Steiner's way. Bigelow gets up and charges into Steiner... no! Steiner shoves the ref aside and dodges Bigelow! Bigelow and Kanyon smash into each other! Kanyon is thrown off the apron and into the steel barricade! Steiner follows up on the dazed Bigelow, a NECKBREAKER!!! He locks in the Steiner Recliner once again! Bigelow has no choice but to submit!!! Scott Steiner wins, and he's at least redeemed himself against Bam Bam Bigelow!

Winner: Scott Steiner via Pinfall

Match Rating: **1/4

Overall Rating: 63

Crowd Reaction: 44

Match Quality: 83

Notes: The fans were extremely pumped up with the cruiserweight match, that this slow match simply didn't feel right... despite the good in-ring work between Steiner and Bigelow.

[::WCW Tag Team Title Match:: Chris Jericho & Booker T vs. Saturn & Rick Steiner ]

Saturn & Rick Steiner are introduced first, being the challengers. They now have matching silver/black tights that look like a throwback to the old Steiner Brothers wrestling tights. Chris Jericho and Booker T each get their own entrances, with Booker T walking out first, and Jericho next. These two men have no love lost between them and the Tag Titles are the only thing that's holding them together.

Jericho and Saturn to start this match. Saturn overpowers Jericho and sends him flying into his corner's turnbuckle. Saturn says 'Bring it' and waits for Jericho to recollect himself. Jericho gets angry and rushes Saturn, who trips him with a drop toe-hold! Saturn quickly tags to Rick Steiner, and Steiner delivers a big elbow drop on Jericho's back. Steiner puts Jericho into a side headlock, Jericho throws Steiner to the ropes and hits a dropkick.

Jericho quickly tags to Booker T, not wanting any more from their opponents. Booker T looks angry, Jericho's wussing out of this match. Booker T steps in, collar and elbow tie-up between Book and Steiner. Steiner overpowers Booker T and sends him into a corner. Steiner hits Booker with his fists, pounding away at Booker. Steiner picks Booker up... and takes him to his corner... Saturn hits a suplex on Booker T. Quick tag back to Rick Steiner... Rick puts Booker into a front facelock. Delayed vertical suplex, and that rattles the ring! Steiner goes for the pin... only gets two.

Steiner with a punch to Booker T's side... he tags to Saturn. Saturn grabs Booker T's arm, hammerlock. Booker T tries to get out... he reverses it... but is clotheslined by Saturn! Booker T down. Saturn goes for the pin... one... two... kick out by Booker T! Saturn grabs Booker T... T-Bone Suplex! Saturn covers once again... one... two... Booker T kicks out again! Saturn tags to Rick Steiner. Steiner pulls the exhausted Booker T up... BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX! Steiner off the ropes, elbow drop! Steiner covers... one... two... thr-no! Booker kicks out at the last split-second!

Rick Steiner pulls Booker up... Booker counters... he throws Steiner to the ropes... DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE! BOTH MEN ARE DOWN! Booker T is crawling to his corner... Rick Steiner is crawling to his... Booker T slowly crawling, Steiner is shaking the cobwebs off... Booker T reaches Jericho! But Jericho GETS OFF THE APRON and WALKS AWAY! "I don't need this!" says Jericho as he heads backstage! Booker T's face turns from confusion to anger... but he hardly has little time to assess his emotions as Steiner tags to Saturn! Saturn drags' Booker by the feet to the middle of the ring... ELBOW DROP! Saturn locks in the RINGS OF SATURN! Booker T tries to hold on, a valiant effort, until he passes out. The referee has the bell rung. SATURN AND RICK STEINER ARE THE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!! JERICHO JUST ABANDONED BOOKER T IN THE RING!

Saturn and Steiner celebrate, raising the Tag Titles in the air and facing the crowd. Booker T finally regains consciousness... he hobbles his way backstage, a look of mixed anger and frustration on his face.

Winner: Saturn & Rick Steiner via Submission

Match Rating: ***1/4

Overall Rating: 82

Crowd Rating: 81

Match Quality: 84

Notes: Crowd reaction was good after the silence during Steiner/Bigelow. The breakup finally happens... oy vey!

[::United States Title Match:: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Bret Hart]

Bret Hart's music hits... he plays the crowd and starts walking down the aisle and steps into the ring. The fans cheer him on, they seem to finally have made their mind up about Bret, who's been over the edge lately.

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" blares from the arena speakers and Diamond Dallas Page walks out, with a big sneer on his face. He jaws with some fans on the way to the ring, and when he steps in, he quickly raises the US Belt, throws it on the mat for the ref to pick up, walks over to Bret and spits at the Hitman!!! Hart doesn't like it one bit, and he immediately goes after Page!

Page dives out of the ring, and Bret follows him! The ref has the bell rung to start this match! They go around the ring once, before Page gets back in. Hart follows suit, to the waiting fists of DDP! Right hands from DDP sends Bret sprawling on the canvas! Page plays to the crowd, which boos him. Page sets up Bret, and clotheslines him over the ropes! The action spills outside as DDP picks up Bret and sends him crashing to the railing.

The ref starts counting...one...two...three... Page picks up Hart and tries to bash his head onto the steel steps, Hart blocks it and DDP instead hits them! ...four...five...six... Hart takes Page and sends him back into the ring. Hart climbs the 2nd turnbuckle, waiting for Page to get up. Double axe-handle from Bret! Page gets knocked down. Bret pulls Page up, snap suplex! Hart goes for the cover... one...two... kickout by Page.

Hart pulls Page up, Page punches Bret in the gut. Page puts Bret into a hammerlock... cinches it in for a few seconds, then turns Bret around and executes an inverted atomic drop! Bret doubles over from the pain of the move... DDP clotheslines Bret and the Hitman crashes to the mat! Page kicks Bret in the head. Page picks Bret up... body slam. Page bends down and starts hammering Bret's forehead with punches. Satisfied with his work, Page stands up and plays to the crowd...which boos him.

Page pulls Hart up... he sends Hart chest-first into a turnbuckle! Ouch! Hart is knocked down by the blow! Page walks over Hart and applies a sleeper hold on the Hitman. Hart slowly fades away, until the referee is forced to check him. He raises Bret's hands once... it falls limp to the Hitman's side. The ref tries once again... same result. The ref goes for the third and final time... and the hand stays up!

Hart powers his way out... elbow... elbow... Page lets go of the sleeper... Hart tosses Page into the ropes. Drop toe-hold by Hart! Page goes down. Hart immediately goes for a leg, he puts Page into a leglock, and holds on. Page writhes in pain. Page manages to use his long arms to reach for the ropes. The referee forces Bret to let go. Bret pulls Page back into the middle of the ring, lifts Page's bad leg and starts kicking the inner thigh! Bret attacks it viciously. He places Page's leg on the lower rope... jumps up, and sits on it! Page is screaming in agony. Hart pulls Page's leg out of the ring... Hart jumps out, and sets page up on the steel post. FIGURE FOUR ON THE POST! The referee immediately starts counting to five... the move is illegal... one...two...three...four... and Hart lets go. Page crawls from out of under the turnbuckle and tries to pull himself up. Hart motions to the crowd... it's over!

Hart climbs back into the ring. He bends over to pull Page up... Page rolls Hart into a small package! One...two... Hart kicks out! Hart gets back up, kicks Page's leg again, then pulls DDP up. DDP can barely stand. Hart punches Page... Hart grabs Page from behind... Side Russian Legsweep! Page is down! Hart pulls him up again! Backbreaker! Hart goes up to the 2nd turnbuckle... launches an elbow... PAGE HAS HIS FOOT UP! Hart hits the foot face first and is knocked down. The fans boo.

Page hobbles over to Hart... he starts slapping Hart while the Hitman's on the floor. Page pulls the groggy Hitman up... DISCUS CLOTHESLINE! That knocked the bejeesus out of Hart! Page crawls over to pin...one...two... KICK OUT! Hart kicks out of it!!! Page claws Hart's eyes with his fingers... He pulls Hart up... DIAMOND CUTTER!!! Hart is laid out!!! Page crawls over... ONE...TWO... THRE-NOOOOO!!!!!! HART KICKS OUT!!!

Page stands up, and hobbles outside... he grabs a steel chair!!! Page climbs into the ring, with one good leg and a steel chair. The referee gets in his way and grabs the chair from him... Page won't let it go... Page kicks the referee away! The referee falls on the mat unconscious... Page gets ready to hit Bret with the chair!!! Bret stands up slowly... he turns around... Page lets fly with the chair... Bret ducks!!!! He grabs Page's feet out from under him!!! Bret locks in the Sharpshooter!!!! Page is in the middle of the ring with the Sharpshooter locked in tight, but the referee is out!!! Hart isn't letting go... Page is screaming 'I quit!!!' wait... the referee is slowly waking up... he motions to have the bell rung!

The entire arena explodes into cheer! Bret stands up and raises his hands! The referee walks over to Bret, raising his hands! Bret's asking for the belt... but the ref is saying something... he's giving a 'no' sign! The announcer then informs us that the referee has DISQUALIFIED DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE! BRET WINS THE MATCH, BUT DDP RETAINS THE TITLE! Bret is obviously distraught. 'What the hell are you talking about?' Bret screams at the ref. Page crawls out of the ring and grabs the US Belt... retreating to the safety of the locker rooms. The fans start booing. Bret quickly grabs a microphone.

"I had you beat, Page... I had you beat in the middle of the ring... you know that that belt is mine... I know it... you know it... this crowd knows it... Screw you, Page... I have nothing left to prove to you..."

Bret drops the microphone and raises his hands. The fans cheer Bret, as he poses for the crowd. DDP can only stare back with tired eyes as he backpedals his way backstage.

Winner: Bret Hart via DQ

Match Rating: ***3/4

Overall Rating: 90

Crowd Reaction: 91

Match Rating: 89

Notes: Good match and crowd working by Bret and DDP. Booyah. Bret says he has nothing left to prove... what does that mean!?!?!? Hooah.

[sting vs. Raven]

Schiavone tells us that it's time for the match between Raven and Sting! They give a brief history of events that lead up to this match. The lights dim down... "Freak On A Leash" starts playing, and Raven walks out to be on the receiving end of a rain of boos from the crowd. Raven rolls into the ring, and proceeds to sit in a corner, like he usually does.

The opening notes of "Enter Sandman" start playing... and this crowd immediately explodes into applause. As the drums enter the song, Sting emerges from behind the curtains, wearing a black tank-top, black leather pants, and a black knee-length trenchcoat. And since his return to WCW, he has not worn facepaint, and has instead opted for a pair of shades that he's wearing right now while he walks to the ring. Sting never takes his gaze off of Raven, and Raven reciprocates by holding on to his stare at Sting!

Sting hoists himself unto the apron and steps into the ring. Raven tries to pull himself up from the corner by using the ropes. Before Raven is able to do so, and before the referee even begins this match officially, Sting immediately pounces on Raven, trapping him in the corner!

Sting unleashes a barrage of lefts and rights at Raven... releasing the pent up rage that he's had inside him for the past three weeks! Raven is unable to block any of the shots, while Sting just continues to pummel him into oblivion! Sting pulls Raven off of the corner and throws him to the turnbuckle on the opposite side of the ring. Raven hits it chest-first with FORCE! Raven is knocked back by the impact, straight into Sting's grasp... Sting grabs Raven from behind and executes a release German suplex! That knocked the wind out of Raven's sails. Sting gets up and immediately goes after Raven, who tries to crawl out of the ring. Sting grabs Raven by the feet... he drags him all the way back near the turnbuckle, sets him up... Catapult onto the Turnbuckle! Raven is dazed! Sting gets up, grabs him and delivers a body slam! Sting doesn't let up as he starts putting the boots on Raven. Sting is on fire... nothing can stop him, it seems.

Raven puts a stop to the assault with a well-timed poke into Sting's eye. This slows him down, giving Raven enough time to run across the ropes and his Sting with a bulldog! Raven kicks Sting across the body, keeping him down. Raven plays to the crowd, who boos. Raven picks up Sting, and throws him to the turnbuckle... he follows it up with a clothesline! He throws Sting into the opposite turnbuckle...and goes for a spear! Sting dodges, and Raven hits the steel post!

Sting grabs Raven from behind... belly to back takedown! Sting's doesn't let go! He lifts Raven up, and he executes another release german suplex! Raven is floored by that move. Sting doesn't go for the pin... he wants Raven to suffer. Sting grabs Raven by the hair, and throws him across the ring! OUCH! Sting stalks Raven like a lion hunting its prey.

Sting picks up Raven, and Raven counters with a kick to Sting's gut. Raven puts sting into a side headlock. He slowly wrenches on Sting's head putting on the pressure. Sting powers out and throws Raven to the ropes. Raven goes for a shoulderblock, but is instead knocked down by Sting's own shoulderblock! Raven gets up and goes at it again... only to be knocked down again! Sting lets out a big 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!' Raven crawls out of the ring, and recomposes himself.

Raven climbs back in, he and Sting measure each other... collar and elbow tie-up. Sting overpowers Raven again, and shoves him down! Sting let's out another 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwww!' and the fans respond! Raven carefully considers his next move... he goes for another tie-up, but instead takes Sting's feet out from under him! Raven climbs on Sting's back and executes a rear-naked choke! The ref calls for Raven to let go of the move... one...two... three... four... and Raven let's go. Raven stands up, kick to the back of Sting! Raven then goes for a side head lock. Sting tries to power out, but Raven delivers a Bulldog! Raven for the cover. One... two... kick out by Sting!

Raven picks Sting up... backbreaker! Cover by Raven... two count! Raven grabs Sting again... he throws Sting to the ropes, big back-body drop! Raven climbs to the 2nd rope on the turnbuckle... LEG DROP! Raven covers... Sting kicks out at two! Raven's getting frustrated...he kicks Sting in the ribs again... Raven pulls Sting up by the hair... he gets him in a front face lock! He's signalling for it... he's signalling for the Evenflow!!! BUT STING REVERSES INTO A FISHERMAN SUPLEX!!!

Sting slowly gets up... he gives out another 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!' and the fans explode! Raven is up as well! Right hand from Raven! Right hand from Sting! Another right from Raven! Now, Sting! And Sting has taken over! Sting starts pummelling Raven in the corner! Sting throws Raven to the turnbuckle... and Raven hits it with tremendous impact! Sting gets a running start, STINGER SPLASH!!!! Raven is dizzy!!! Sting throws Raven to the other turnbuckle... ANOTHER STINGER SPLASH!? NO!!! Raven dodges out of the way!!! Sting is reeling from that missed Splash!!! Raven grabs Sting's tights and rolls him up!!! The referee starts counting... but he doesn't see Raven place his feet on the ropes!!! ONE... TWO... THREE!!! RAVEN WINS! RAVEN WINS!

Raven doesn't waste his time to get the hell out of the ring! Raven's retreating backstage, and he doesn't want anymore of Sting!!! Sting's pissed off... the referee gets in Sting's way... Sting has lost it! Stinger DEATH DROP ON THE REFEREE!!! Sting locks the ref in a Stinger DEATHLOCK! The fans are loving it, though... their hero just lost, and it's the ref's fault!!! Officials starts running into the ring, ugring Sting to let go! Sting finally lets go of the hold after a full minute... some EMT's run into the ring to check the referee... Sting heads back, perhaps looking for Raven!

Winner: Raven via Pinfall

Overall Rating: 84

Crowd Reaction: 87

Match Rating: 79

Notes: Too many punches and kicks... nice psychology during the entire match, though. I think the crowd was expecting Sting to win. :)

[::World Heavyweight Title Match:: Goldberg vs. The Giant vs. Kevin Nash]

Kevin Nash walks out first, to the tune of the Wolfpac. The fans cheer him on as he walks his way down the aisle and into the ring. He raises his hands to the crowd and patiently waits for his opponents.

The Giant then walks out, with a mean scowl. He climbs into the ring, and quickly gets into a staredown with Kevin Nash. Nash and The Giant start exchanging words, a little bit of trash talking.

Their staredown is interrupted however by the wardrums! Goldberg walks out comlpete with the pyro and whatnot... the crowd goes wild... Goldberg walks down the aisle and steps into the ring.

The announcer informs us that the first man to get a pinfall OR submission will be determined as the WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. Which means... NO DQ... NO COUNTOUTs! Oh my, oh my!

Goldberg and Nash immediately go to work on The Giant. They exchange blows on the big behemoth until he is pushed into a corner. Nash then cheapshots Goldberg in the kidneys. He starts delivering blows to Goldberg's kindeys with his forearms. Goldberg winces... perhaps he does have a weakness? The Giant recovers, pulls the two about and delivers a double clothesline! Both men are down, and The Giant opts to go for Nash! The Giant lifts Nash up... HEADBUTT! Nash staggers... The Giant whips out his massive arm... CLOTHESLINE! Nash goes down. The Giant then goes over to Goldberg... The Giant slaps Goldberg in the chest...OUCH. Goldberg staggers back... Nash bails outside, and decides to wait things out.

The Giant grabs Goldberg and sends him to the ropes... BIG BOOT by The Giant! The Giant covers... one... Nash almost goes in, but Goldberg kicks out. The Giant doesn't like it, and grabs Goldberg, lifts him up... double hand choke! Into a SPINEBUSTER!!! The Giant says that this is over!!! Arn Anderson starts running down the aisle! Kevin Nash climbs into the ring... BUT ARN SNEAKS UP FROM BEHIND NASH AND HANDCUFFS HIS WRIST INTO THE ROPES!!! Nash can't believe it! Goldberg slowly gets up... The Giant raises his hand, signalling for the chokeslam!!! Goldberg walks right into it!!! Goldberg kicks The Giant in the groin!!! NO DQ!!!

The Giant crumples down in the mat... Arn Anderson jumps on the apron... Goldberg grabs him by the head and tosses him inside!!! Double A slowly gets up... SPEAR BY GOLDBERG!!! Nash is busy trying to remove the cuffs... Goldberg sees him... Nash turns around... SPEAR BY GOLDBERG!!! The Giant gets up... Goldberg waits... The Giant turns around...ANOTHER SPEAR FROM GOLDBERG!!! HE SIGNALS FOR THE JACKHAMMER!? THE CROWD EXPLODES!!! Goldberg puts The Giant into a front face-lock. He tries to lift him up... gets halfway there but can't continue. Goldberg stops, puts down The Giant and tries once again... he hoists The Giant up... AND EXECUTES A MASSIVE JACKHAMMER!!!!! That shakes the ring!!! Goldberg covers... ONE...TWO...THREE!!! GOLDBERG RETAINS THE TITLE!!!! Nash, Arn Anderson and The Giant are in the ring, casualties of the man they call Goldberg!!!

Winner: Goldberg via Pinfall

Overall Rating: 83

Crowd Reaction: 90

Match Rating: 70

Notes: A brawl. A good brawl. A good, QUICK brawl. Crowd was worked up nicely. GOLDBERG SAYS 'YARRR!'

[::No Holds Barred, Retirement Match:: Hollywood Hogan vs. Randy Savage]

Michael Buffer's inside the ring, he's been hired to announce ONLY the Main Event.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the WCW PAY PER VIEW MAIN EVENT of the evening! This is a NO-HOLDS BARRED RETIREMENT MATCH, with the loser retiring from active wrestling... Are you ready!? MGM GRAND...LAS VEGAS NEVADA... ARE YOU READY!? Then to the thousands in attendance, and to the millions watching around the world... ladies and gentlemen... LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!"

'Voodoo Child' starts playing, the fans start booing, and Hollywood Hogan walks out from behind the curtains, all cocky and smug-looking.

"Introducing first... he is a living legend... he is credited for co-founding the nWo... he is one of the biggest household names in wrestling... a former Heavyweight Champion of the world... an all-time great... he is the man with the 24-inch pythons... he is... HOLLYWOOOOOOOOOD HOOOOOOOOGAN!!!"

Hogan strolls his way down the aisle, talking trash to a couple of fans at ringside. He enters the ring and does his usual pleasantries.

Macho's voice booms... 'OOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAH!' followed by 'Pomp and Circumstance', the music blares from the arena speakers. The fans get on their feet... Randy Savage walks out wearing a colorful attire, a throwback to his late 80's early 90's persona.... complete with the shades, the tassles and the multicolored cowboy hat.

"And his opponent... he is known as the madness... he is also a legend in his own right... he is also a former Heavyweight Champion of the world... he is known for the devastating top rope elbow drop... ladies and gentlemen.... the MACHO MAN.... RRRRRRRRANDYYYYYYY SAAAAAAAAAVAAAAAAGE!!!!!!"

Savage walks down the aisle and steps into the ring, he gets rid of all the paraphernalia, and immediately walks up to Hogan, as the referee instructs both men.

Hogan and Savage have a staredown to start the match. Collar and elbow tie-up... until Hogan bails out and jumps out of the ring to recuperate. Savage just waits for him to get back in. Hogan climbs back in... and we have another tie-up... Hogan again bails out and jump back out of the ring. Hogan's playing a little bit of mindgames on Savage. Hogan back in, they go for a THIRD collar-and-elbow tie-up... and Hogan AGAIN bails out and jumps out... Randy Savage decides to chase him this time though. Savage throws a few punches and sends Hogan back into the ring to the delight of the fans!

Savage grabs Hogan, he puts him into a front face lock, trying to tire down Hollywood. Hogan reverses and manages to hit a vertical suplex on Savage! Savage seems unfazed, however, as he immediately stands up and starts punching Hogan... who pokes Savage in the eye to stop the assault! Hogan climbs to the 2nd rope, and nails Savage with a double-axe handle! Hogan covers... two count!

Hogan locks Savage into an armbar to keep him down. Savage starts to power out, and Hogan pulls Savage's hair to bring him back down! The armbar is taking its toll, as the match has considerably slowed down. Savage uses his wit, and beats Hogan in his own game by raking his eyes! Hogan releases the hold! Hogan punches Savage, Savage punches back! They exchange shots until Savage gets the better of this exchange... he rams Hogan's head into a turnbuckle... and again into another turnbuckle... and again into the third... and into the fourth! Hogan goes down! Savage steps out, and grabs a steel chair! Oh my!

Hogan slowly gets up, Savage gets into the ring... Savage raises the chair and runs at Hogan, who sees him! Hogan raises his boot, and nails the chair, which smashes back into Savage's forehead! Savage goes down! Hogan walks over to Savage and has him in a chinlock! Savage is bleeding! Savage slowly powers out of the chinlock... ATOMIC DROP on Hogan by Savage! Savage goes for a clothesline, but Hogan ducks! Boot to the face of Savage! Savage is down... and he tries to sit up. Hogan kicks Savage in the back! Hogan goes for a pinfall... one... two... kick out by Savage! Hogan gets up, and rubs the laces of his boot on Savage's bleeding forehead!

Hogan picks Savage up... Savage counters and smashes Hogan's head into the turnbuckle! Savage climbs atop Hogan in the corner and starts delivering punches! One...two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...ten!!! Savage gets off and shoves Hogan down into the mat! Savage climbs the top ropes... he's signalling for it! But Hogan sees it and immediately rolls out of the ring!

Savage goes after Hogan, but Hogan uses this opporunity to go after Savage's cut! Hogan starts rubbing Savage's forehead into the ring apron, lining it with blood! Hogan starts punching Savage in the head... Savage is a little bit woozy. Hogan attempts to throw Savage into the post... but Savage counters, and Hogan rams into the steel post! The fans cheer Savage's efforts! Savage climbs on the apron, and hits a double axe-handle on Hogan! He then throws Hogan into the steel barricade! Savage is on fire! Savage throws Hogan into the ring!

Savage tries to go after Hogan... but Hogan nails him with a LOW BLOW! Savage collapses on the mat! Hogan starts untaping his wrists... he uses the tape to start choking out Savage! Savage's face is covered in blood! Hogan says that it's all over. He picks up Savage and throws him to the ropes! BIG BOOT FROM HOGAN! Hogan runs across the ropes... LEGDROP!!! HOGAN COVERS...ONE...TWO... THR-NO!!!! SAVAGE KICKS OUT!!! SAVAGE KICKS OUT!!! Hogan can't believe it!

Hollywood gets up... and tries to pull Savage up... but Savage hits his own LOW BLOW!!! HOGAN GOES DOWN! Savage grabs the steel chair... and SMASHES HOGAN IN THE BACK WITH IT!!! Savage slowly... slowly... slowly... goes up to the top rope... Savage raises his hands and points to the heavens...SAVAGE JUMPS... AND CONNECTS WITH THE ELBOW!!! SAVAGE CONNECTS WITH THE ELBOW!!! HE CRAWLS OVER HOGAN... ONE... TWO... THR-NO!!! Someone just pulled Savage off of Hogan!!! It's Ric Flair!!! Savage has spent all his energy executing his finisher!!! Flair then grabs the Steel Chair... wait for Savage to get up ever so slowly... AND PLANTS SAVAGE IN THE HEAD WITH THE CHAIR!!! SAVAGE GOES DOWN!!! THIS IS A NO-DQ MATCH, NO HOLDS BARRED!!! Flair pulls the barely conscious Hogan on top of Savage...the referee has no other choice... ONE...TWO...THREE!!! HOLLYWOOD HOGAN WINS!!! HOLLYWOOD WINS!!! SAVAGE IS GOING TO HAVE TO RETIRE!!! FLAIR HAS ABUSED HIS POWER ONCE AGAIN!!! The fans start pelting the ring with trash... a loud chorus of boos starts raining.

Hogan and Flair walk out... Hogan's raising his hands... Savage is left in the ring... he slowly comes to... he realizes he has lost and he looks at Hogan walking out. The fans in the arena start giving him a round of applause, which turns into an ovation... Savage has tears in his eyes... perhaps this is his last time in a WCW event... perhaps the retirement stipulation was true... The fans start cheering The Macho Man. The show closes with a shot of Savage looking wistfully at the curtains... his shot at greatness screwed over by Ric Flair...

Winner: Hollywood Hogan via Pinfall

Match Rating: *

Overall Rating: 85

Crowd Rating: 97

Match Quality: 58

Notes: Punches, kicks, claws and good old 80's style wrestling. Who cares if the match sucked. It's Hogan vs. Savage dammit. Booyah. We milked this crowd for every ounce of reaction we could!

WCW Uncensored PPV Buyrate: 1.37

WCW Uncensored Attendance: 15073

WWF Wrestlemania XV PPV Buyrate: 1.99

WWF Wrestlemania XV Attendance: 20299

Notes: We go up against WM and lose. BUT HEY, we still rocked the socks out of Las Vegas! Hooah.

MGM Grand

Las Vegas, Nevada

Immediately after Uncensored

Randy Poffo a.k.a. Randy Savage enters the backstage through the curtains and receives a hearty applause from most everybody. Terry Bollea walks over to him and offers a handshake (several guys hold their breath... Bollea and Poffo have an undercurrent of hatred between each other), Poffo, reluctantly... out of pure professionalism, accepts. Most of the young guys shake hands with Poffo, congratulating him on a good match. Notable are Bret Hart and Page Falkinburg a.k.a. Diamond Dallas Page... who go over and talk to him, congratulating him.

It has been a wide known fact that Bischoff and Poffo hadn't reached an agreement regarding Poffo's contract... and that at the end of the month, Poffo's contract was going to end. Hence the 'retirement match'.

Eric Bischoff walks over to the three men talking.

"Excuse me Bret, Page, I'm going to have to talk to Randy for a while. Business."

Hart and Falkinburg walk away and attend to their own friends. Bischoff starts talking to Poffo.

"Randy... I've talked with several guys... and we've reconsidered... we'd like you to stay. BUT we can't promise you that you're going to receive the same amount of spotlight that you did this past month. However, I don't think we'll be needing you in a wrestling capacity..." Bischoff slowly eyes Terry Bollea indicating where the pull was coming from. "We feel that the fans are still connecting with you, and that... well... we were mistaken... we do appreciate all that you've done for us..."

Bischoff lays out the details for Poffo... who listens intently, and gives one short reply.

"Let's see after tommorow."

BTW, UmpireAJS, you scored a perfect prediction. Sweet. You get to pick what our Main Event (and finish) for Nitro is. Please don't go psycho on me. :shifty::D Kindly send it to me via PM (I don't know why but my PM doesn't work... hmmm) or better yet through my e-mail.

OK

This has to be one of the best diaries I have ever read, the match reports are short and sweet and when you need long match reports, you get them, which also rules. The style 100% rocks and the promos are written brilliantly.

The angles are amazing imo, if WCW was like this in real life, I would have watched it. This diary could be HoF material if it goes on for longer, keep it up man.

OK

This has to be one of the best diaries I have ever read, the match reports are short and sweet and when you need long match reports, you get them, which also rules. The style 100% rocks and the promos are written brilliantly.

The angles are amazing imo, if WCW was like this in real life, I would have watched it. This diary could be HoF material if it goes on for longer, keep it up man.

user posted image

Nitro Preview: The Uncensored Aftermath

In a rematch of Superbrawl IX, Chavo Guerrero and Eddie Guerrero fought in an outstanding match to open Uncensored. Chavo turned the tables on Eddie, as he bested his uncle with the Frog Splash to win the Cruiserweight Title. Chavo's ready to take on any contenders, and Eddie's on the top of that list!

Scott Steiner defeated Bam Bam Bigelow despite the attempted assist by TV Champ Kanyon! Steiner has obviously made his point: He is not a man to be messed with. What's next for Big Poppa Pump? Will he go after Kanyon and the TV Title once again!?

Chris Jericho and Booker T finally imploded after Jericho abandoned Booker T, leaving him to fend for himself against Saturn and Rick Steiner. Saturn and Steiner eventually won the Tag Titles after making Booker T submit! Booker T will be looking for vengeance after what Chris Jericho did to him at Uncensored!

Bret Hart defeated Diamond Dallas Page via DQ, and failed to win the US Title. Hart says that he had Page scream 'I Quit' and has nothing left to prove against DDP, will DDP attempt to prove himself the better man!?

Sting and Raven fought a battle that saw Raven stay true to his word and defeat Sting, despite having had to cheat to win! Sting was looking for vengeance at Uncensored, but his loss at the hands of Raven will only fuel the fire in Sting's heart...will Sting be able to get even!?

Goldberg bested Kevin Nash and The Giant to retain the World Heavyweight Title and remain on top! Arn Anderson handcuffed Nash to the ropes during the match, costing him his shot at the title! Is Hogan next in line for the Title!?

Hollywood Hogan, through the help of Ric Flair, beat Randy Savage in a brutal retirement match. This means that Randy Savage will be forced to retire, and Hogan will have a clear path once again to the WCW World Heavyweight Title! Will the Flair-Hogan Alliance continue to loom over the entire WCW!? FIND OUT ON NITRO!

NITRO WILL PROVE TO BE VERY EXCITING! DON'T MISS IT!