WCW 1999, The Wrestling Suicide Way

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCW Headquarters

Atlanta, Georgia

April 6, 1999

Eric Bischoff is inside his office with Head Writer/Booker Rick Suicide. Bischoff is on the phone with Goldberg's doctors.

"I see... I see... thanks doc... please update us about any developments. Thanks."

Bischoff puts the phone down. He takes a deep breath and then turns to Suicide.

"Rick, we're going to have to patch things up. Bill's situation complicates a lot of things for us."

"I understand sir. I've already got the guys working on damage control."

"As for Goldberg... the doctors say he's finally in a stable condition, but the bones in both ofhis legs are crushed, he injured his spinal column and severed both his shoulderblades... it'll be a miracle if he ever walks again... it's time to cut off dead weight."

"What? What do you mean, sir? You're letting him go? B-but... why?"

"This is a business... remember that... and I am not about to pay a damn near cripple over three hundred grand a month! I'll take care of the hospital bills, and we'll give him a healthy separation fee... but I am not going to keep him on my payroll..."

Suicide shut up, he knew that Bischoff was right, from a financial standpoint... the next couple of weeks would be very interesting indeed.

• 2 months later...

(OMG! HE'S BACK! Ugh. I don't know how regularly I will update... work is a bitch. Maybe one every two days... maybe once every two weeks... maybe once every two months... it stinks, yes, I know.)

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

April 12, 1999

El Paso, Texas

Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan open Nitro with a somber report on Bill Goldberg's accident last Monday Night. Schiavone informs the viewers that WCW ends its deepest regards to Goldberg, and hopefully, he'll be able to pull through all this. Heenan breaks character and basically expresses his support for the recovery of Goldberg. Schiavone then says that unfortunately, the show MUST and it WILL go on.

~

Ric Flair's music hits, and he walks out. Stepping into the ring, he looks at the crowd with a blank expression on his face and asks for a microphone.

"Last week, the World Champ was in a horrible, horrible accident. Something that I would not wish to happen to anyone... as much as I would like to see people get hurt... I would only like to see them get hurt... inside this ring."

Flair walks around.

"Bill Goldberg, you are one of the TOUGHEST men I have ever met... and if there's anyone who can pull out of this... it's you. I want you back on your feet, Bill... I want you... to one day... walk down that aisle again... step into this ring again... and compete with the very best... PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS... once again!"

The fans cheer a bit, at this small token of respect given by Flair.

"Due to the unforseen circumstances... as WCW President... I am declaring the World Heavyweight Title... vacant!"

Flair waits for the crowd to take in the information.

"And no... I am not going to screw Bret Hart out of his title shot... as much as I would love to... I won't... in fact, the two men who are slated to compete for the number one contendership tonight... Bret Hart and Hollywood Hogan... their match... has been MOVED to SPRING STAMPEDE... and that match will BE for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!"

The fans boo... they expected a big match tonight.

"But... but... I promised to give you people a money match tonight, I promised Goldberg vs. Raven... I promised Bret Hart vs. Hollywood Hogan...since Goldberg won't be here tonight, I have changed Raven's match... Raven, you will instead have to go into the ring in a HANDICAP MATCH against the World Tag Team Champions, Rick Steiner and Perry Saturn!!!"

Cheers from the crowd. They really want to see the living hell beat out of Raven, who seems to have found himself on the wrong side of the faces and heels in WCW.

"And since I have moved tonight's main event to Spring Stampede... I have decided to make tonight's main event... a SIX MAN TAG MATCH!!!! On one side... The Giant!!! The U.S. Champion, Diamond Dallas Page!!! and Hollywood Hogan!!! And their opponents... Kevin Nash!!! Scott Steiner!!! and Bret "The Hitman" Hart!!! WHOOOOOO!"

~

Backstage, Mike Tenay is with the new WCW Television Champion Curt Hennig. Tenay asks about where Hennig was for the past couple of months, and his surprising return to Nitro last week. Hennig talks with a straight face.

"You know what, Tenay? For the past couple of years, I've stuck with the nWo. You know the one thing that I figured out? I might have been part of a big group, but frankly, I didn't get anything out of being part the New World Order! And when I got handed my release papers from the nWo, I went on a tailspin... I couldn't get my life back on track. I started to sulk at home... I didn't have any direction... but then... I found myself a loophole. Ric Flair might have fired me, but he didn't count on me being able to talk to the majority stock-holder in WCW, Dr. Harvey Schiller... I got myself a brand new IRON CLAD contract, I came back here to WCW and I promptly WON the Television Title!"

Hennig raises the title.

"And I'm telling you right here, and right now, that I am going to defend the TV Title night in and night out, no matter WHO I step in the ring with. So... if you'll excuse me... I have a match coming up... and I have a title to defend!"

[::TV Title Match:: Curt Hennig vs. Kanyon]

Good match as Kanyon tries to pay back Hennig for beating him last week. Kanyon almost did it too, he had set up Hennig, and already called for the Flatliner, as he hoists Hennig up, Hennig manages to wiggle out of the hold and quickly roll him up for the schoolboy pin and the three-count. Kanyon is livid as Hennig walks away as STILL the TV Champ. Hennig starts arguing with the ref, who is put on the receiving end of a Flatliner!

Winner: Curt Hennig via Pinfall

Match Rating: **1/2

~

Cut to backstage, where Booker T and Chris Jericho are caught by cameras brawling in the hallway. Jericho is being pummeled by Booker T, who seems intent on rearranging Jericho's face. Officials soon break it up.

~

[Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero]

Good set-up match from Rey and Eddie, but in true WCW fashion, this good match didn't serve much purpose. Eddie Guerrero wins via cheating after he pulled on Rey's tights in a roll-up sequence to grab the pinfall victory.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero via Pinfall

Match Rating: ****1/2

~

After the commercial break, Raven's music starts playing and the fans immediately start booing. Raven walks out he ignores the mass chorus of boos around him and steps into the ring. He sits in a corner and takes out a microphone.

"Go ahead, scream your lungs out... it doesn't matter to me. Everyone in WCW has turned their back on me... and it still doesn't matter. I've been beat up... I've got a concussion on my head... after that hell match you people call the 'Wargames'... it doesn't matter. Because I KNOW... and you people KNOW... and everyone in the back KNOWS... that it's MY TIME... it's RAVEN'S time to shine!!! So Ric, if you think that by putting me in a match against Steiner and Saturn is going to scare me... if you think that putting me inside a STEEL CAGE against Sting at Spring Stampede is going to make me quit... you're going to find out that you're dead wrong! It's RAVEN'S TIME... and it doesn't matter how many people I run through... or how many bodies are left in the wake of my path to greatness... RAVEN will reign supreme... and when that day comes... when I'm standing on top of the mountain... I'm going to show you people exactly how much you mean to me... NOTHING. Quote the Raven, nevermore!"

With that, Raven tosses the microphone out of the ring, and the tag-champs' music starts playing.

~

[Rick Steiner & Saturn vs. Raven]

This was a BRUTAL, BRUTAL match as Raven was just utterly destroyed from beginning to end. With each powermove hit by Steiner and Saturn the fans cheered. Raven soon crawled out of the ring, and was counted out by the referee... he had had enough of a beatdown tonight.

Winner: Rick Steiner & Saturn via Countout

Match Rating: **3/4

~

As Raven slowly makes his way back, the lights go out, and the Nitro-vision jumbo screen flickers. It's Sting, much like how he interrupted Raven's promo last week... he does so again. The fans start cheering and a "STING-ER" chant echoes around the arena.

"Just a couple of weeks to go Raven... just a couple of weeks to go... before you endure the beating of a lifetime. You think that tonight was bad? Wait until you step inside the steel cage with the Stinger! The clock's ticking, Raven, and unfortunately for you... time is running out. OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

Raven high-tails it out of the ramp and back to the locker room... despite his facade of not caring a whiff, Raven looks like he's scared half to death of Sting.

~

Backstage, Hollywood Hogan is standing with Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant. They're being interviewed by Mike Tenay. Tenay asks Hogan about the title match announced for Spring Stampede.

"Tenay, if there's one thing that's certain in this world, is that Hollywood Hogan always gets what he wants. Simply put, at Spring Stampede, brotha, there's nothing that's going to be able to stop me from winning that World Heavyweight Title! Not as long as I have the Alliance behind my back, not as long as I have the US Champ Diamond Dallas Page... not as long as I have the biggest athlete in the world, The Giant... not as long as I have Ric Flair behind me all the way BROTHA. Bret "Hitman" Hart, you've got look into a mirror... do think you can take the walk of shame? Do you think you can go toe to toe with the 24-inch pythons brotha? Hollywood Hogan's going to run WILD all over you, Hitman, brotha, and there's no stopping me! Whatcha gunna do!? Whatcha gunna do, Hitman, when Spring Stampede comes and I run WILD ON YOU!?"

~

Elsewhere backstage, the cameras follow Bret Hart as he walks out of his locker room ready to take on The Alliance. He is blocked by two figures, and as the camera pans around, and reveals the two figures as Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner. Nash starts talking.

"Hitman... you know that we got your back tonight... in fact, we've got your back up to Spring Stampede. But WHEN you win the World Title... I WANT a title shot... because I know that you, of all people, know what it's like to get screwed by the boss!"

Hart just looks at Nash.

"Alright... you want it so bad? If I win the World Title... you get first shot."

Steiner then interjects.

"Now that that business is over, Big Poppa Pump thinks it's time for us to kick some Alliance ass!"

~

[ The Giant, Diamond Dallas Page & Hollywood Hogan vs. Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner & Bret Hart]

Big match, The Giant and Nash, Steiner and Page, Hogan and Hart all hit their usual spots. This was used to showcase all three match-ups, and it worked wonders and the crowd ate it all up. Big schmozz finish came when all six men were inside the ring and the ref losing control. He immediately asks for the bell to be rung. Hogan and company start retreating when they realize that the faces are too strong. The camera pans from Hogan to Hart as they are locked in a deadly stare. The show ends with Schiavone screaming how important this night is for WCW.

Winner: No-Contest

Nitro TV Rating: 6.84

RAW TV Rating: 7.30

Edited by wrestlingsuicide

"I'm sorry Mr. Goldberg, but your lower appendages have been crushed in the accident, and your lower spinal column has been damaged as well. We managed to save your legs from being amputated, but I don't think that you'll be able to walk again."

It was like a bad dream. A bad dream that he didn't want to recognize as reality. Bill Goldberg, World Heavyweight Champion, Unmatched Physical Specimen, Wrestling Superstar, Cripple.

This diary kicks ass...was the Goldberg accident an EWR thing, or something you just threw in?

I'm sad to hear about ol' Billy, but a great a character as he is, and as intimidating a persona as he is, I always thought of him as one-dimensional.

Plus, I love how you're still actually capturing the WCW style, with the same people in the Main Event loop...a DDP push would be interesting!

Keep it up, matey!

;);)

This diary kicks ass...was the Goldberg accident an EWR thing, or something you just threw in?

I'm sad to hear about ol' Billy, but a great a character as he is, and as intimidating a persona as he is, I always thought of him as one-dimensional.

Plus, I love how you're still actually capturing the WCW style, with the same people in the Main Event loop...a DDP push would be interesting!

Keep it up, matey!

Austin Texas

Monday, April 19, 1999

1 Hour Before Nitro

Terry Bollea catches Bischoff right before Nitro.

"Listen Eric, you've got to talk to this Suicide kid. This isn't good for business... and HE isn't good for business. We can't have that belt hang in limbo, I know it, you know it... heck, HE knows it, and he's still going to go through with it. Come on, Eric, are you losing FUCKING control of the damn company?"

Eric finally snaps and just lets out a continuous tirade.

"Is it just me or do I get the feeling that you're not too happy that the title's not going around your waist at Stampeed? Terry, WCW and Turner might be paying you the megabucks, but what you don't seem to get it that I run the show. I've taken a look at your contract, and you do have a say in the results of your matches, and you do have creative control over the direction of Hulk Hogan... however, it's also there that all final decisions go through the head-booker. Do you know who the head-booker is? Me. Frankly, I don't appreciate the way you've treated me the past couple of months. I don't like the way you talk to me, and I don't like the way you do business. If I could, I would just cut you off right now. yeah... you think McMahon's going to welcome you back with open arms? Dream on. WCW is your cash-cow, and you do what I say you do, when I tell you to do it. I've had it up to here with you, Terry. I AM a businessman, and seeing that you're still one of the hottest properties in the business, I'm going to keep you on the air. But another...ANOTHER selfish tirade from you, and you can bet your ass I'm sitting you down... you won't get a single minute of tv-time for the remainder of your contract! I don't care how many of your pals are going to quit... I've got nothing to lose anyway... the whole damn company is going down the crapper, and if it does go down, it goes down MY WAY, you hear me?"

Bischoff walks away, fuming. Hogan doesn't know what to say... stunned that Eric would have the balls to say what he had just said.

(The Nitro before Spring Stampeed. Enjoy.)

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

April 19, 1999

Austin, Texas

~

Monday Nitro opens with Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan talking about Ric Flair's announcement last week. In lieu of the vacancy of the World Title, Bret Hart and Hollywood Hogan will be facing each other at Spring Stampede in a title match for the World Championship. Tony Schiavone informs us that we are all just waiting for Ric Flair, Bret Hart and Hollywood Hogan to come out here tonight, as he points towards the ring, which is covererd in a red carpet. There is a sleek desk inside the ring, accompanied by three chairs. Tony says that it's time and he stands up and walks itno the ring. He goes ahead an tells the crowd of what's about to happen.

~

"Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado... I present to you the President of World Championship Wrestling, The Nature Boy, Ric Flair!"

Flair's music plays, and the Texan crowd start booing. Ric walks out with a particular swagger, enough to drive the fans to hate him. He steps inside the ring, and quickly asks for the microphone from Tony Schiavone.

"Schiavone, go back to your little announce booth, and let the NAITCH do this!"

Schiavone has no other choice, and he steps out of the ring.

"Ladies and gentlemen... tonight, on this table, I have a contract. And it is for a match this Sunday night at Spring Stampede... and that match will be for the vacant WCW World Heavyweight Title! The first competitor in that title match, none other than the Excellence... of Execution... Bret... Hitman... Hart! Come on down!"

Bret's music starts playing, and he walks out. The fans cheer him on as he walks down the aisle. Bret steps into the ring, and gives Flair a very mistrusting glare.

"And his opponent... there are few things constant in life... one is life itself... and the other, is this man right here... your NEXT World Heavyweight Champion, Hollywood Hogan!"

Voodoo Chyld starts playing, and out walks Hogan with a cocky grin on his face, doing his air-guitar thing while the crowd shouts out a couple of expletives against him. Hogan walks down the aisle, jaws a bit with the fans and climbs into the ring. Ric Flair stands on one side of the table, while Bret and Hogan are precariously positioned next to each other on the other side. Flair whips out a pen.

"Gentlemen... you know why you're here... it's time to put your John Hancock on that contract!"

Flair hands the pen over to Hart, who snatches it from Flair's hand. He glares at Flair, then Hogan, and then signs the contract. Flair beams with a wide grin. Hart lays the pen down on the table, and faces Hogan. He mouths the words 'Now you sign it.', Hogan happily obliges. With the contract signed by both men, Flair takes it and holds it up for the crowd to see.

"Ladies and gentlemen, signed and sealed... for the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship... Hollywood Hogan and Bret Hart in a historic one-on-one match! Thank you gentlemen... as a common courtesy, you can both have the night off!"

Bret starts to leave the ring, eager to get away from Flair and Hogan, lest they try something. Flair sees Bret as he climbs down the stairs. Flair immediately speaks.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... easy there Hitman... I haven't finished my announcement! I was talking to Hollywood! Hollywood is taking the night off!"

The crowd starts to boo as they get the wind of what Flair is saying. Hogan just grins at Bret.

"See, Hitman, I can't have you head into Spring Stampede without a warm-up match! No, no, no... I won't allow you to head into Spring Stampede having ring rust... so tonight... you, Hitman are going to step into the ring in a one-on-one match against THE BEAST FROM THE EAST... BAM...BAM...BIGELOW! WHOOO!"

Bret turns to Flair, a perplexed look on his face, which then turns into intensity. Bret just walks away while the crowd boos at Flair's announcement.

~

[Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman]

Schiavone says that this match is for the number one contendership for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. Chavo Guerrero guests as a special commentator for this match, and he watches as Rey and Kidman go at it. Both men seem to want it bad enough, and they try to put a good match, but there was something amiss in this one as Rey and Kidman missed two high-spots, gaffing both of them while doing cruiserweight moves. That probably brought down the overall level of the math, as they toned it down until the finish. Rey wins this one and the number one contendership to the Cruiserweight Title via a Hurricanrana on Kidman. After the match, Chavo walks into the ring, and offers a handshake to Rey, who accepts. Schiavone says that Chavo Guerrero is a champion's champion, and that the match between him and Rey at Spring Stampede is bound to be a classic.

Winner: Rey Mysterio Jr. via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***

~

The cameras catch up with Eddie Guerrero talking to Ric Flair backstage.

"Hey, Naitch, you've gotta give me another chance! I want to prove to everyone that I'm better than my nephew. I need this title shot, I need it bad. I mean, I'm part of The Alliance ain't I? And you're supposed to hold all the power in WCW, right? So, it wouldn't be a hard thing for you to give me the title shot against Chavo at Spring Stampede, right!?"

Flair smiles.

"You know, Eddie... you're right. I AM the WCW President... and I DO hold all the power in WCW. And yes, you are a member of The Alliance... so, here's what we're going to do... at Spring Stampede... it will be... Chavo Guerrero defending the Cruiserweight Title against Rey Mysterio.... and you, Eddie Guerrero in a THREE-WAY DANCE!"

Eddie smiles back at Flair.

"Oh... I like it... I like that a lot, Ric. Thanks a lot!"

Eddie walks away and muses.

"Eddie Guerrero... your next Cruiserweight Champion..."

~

[::TV Title Match:: Curt Hennig vs. Psychosis]

Psychosis wanted to fly, Hennig grounded him. Hennig went through Psychosis like a hot knife through butter. He executed a chained series of grapple holds that wouldn't even let his opponent put in any significant amount of offense. And the crowd loved every single minute of it. When Hennig hit the Hennig-Plex, the crowd was cheering the old timer. A three-count later, and Hennig retains the WCW TV Title.

Winner: Curt Hennig via Pinfall

Match Rating: **3/4

~

Cut to Ric Flair's office. Standing on one side is Flair with Arn Anderson, on the other side are Booker T and Chris Jericho, who look eager to come into blows.

"Do you know why I've called the two of you here tonight? It's because I have a brilliant idea... I've seen how the two of you absolutely hate each other's guts, and I think that it is going to make for a very good match at Spring Stampeed... so... I have booked you, Booker T against Chris Jericho in a one-on-one match... with a special guest referee..."

Booker T quickly steps in and questions Flair.

"Hold on... Chris Jericho's a part of YOUR Alliance, and I'm not getting screwed by YOU Flair... no way, sucka."

Jericho quickly snaps back at Booker.

"Don't call him a sucka, you sad excuse for an MC Hammer wanna' be. He's Ric Flair, he's the PRESSSSSSIDENT of WCW!"

Flair responds.

"Booker... unfortunately, YOU are not the WCW President... I am... and the special Guest referee for your match with Chris Jericho... is none other than the Enforcer, Double A, Arn Anderson! You'll take it, wether you like it or not... why? Because I'm the NAITCH, and what I say, goes! WHOOO!"

Booker storms out of the office and Jericho, Flair and Anderson celebrate this little victory.

~

[The Giant, Diamond Dallas Page & Kanyon vs. Saturn, Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner]

Decen match, playing off DDP and Scott Steiner's apparent collision course this Spring Stampede for the Cruiserweight Title. Scott and DDP start the match and the crowd gets into it for the first few minutes. The Giant dominates the match however, as he utterly destroys both Steiners and Saturn. Kanyon screws it up for his team as he tags himself in and charages head-on against Scott Steiner, who retaliates with a vicious powerslam and grabs the quick three-count. Page and The Giant can't believe it, as Scott, Rick and Saturn get out of the ring. Scott smiles at DDP and motions for the US Title. Kanyon apologizes to DDP and The Giant for the loss, absolutely frustrated with himself.

Winner: Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner & Saturn via Pinfall

~

Bret Hart cuts a promo backstage before his match with Bam Bam Bigelow.

"I've seen a lot of things in my life. I've been world champ, I've been to the very top of this business... and I've also been to the very low. I've seen power-hungry maniacal scumbags who screw people over after giving them a near life-time of loyal service. Yeah, I've seen power-hungry mad-men like you Ric Flair. You were once the symbol of everything that was right in WCW, you were the best thing in this company. Now, you're no different than every other guy who's held power here... you've turned into a corrupt man, Flair, you're just a shell of your former self."

Hart pauses for effect.

"I rightfully won the WarGames at the beginning of the month... I won that match fair and square... I poured my heart, body and soul into that match, and somehow you still manage to screw me over. You know, and I know that more than anyone else, I deserve to be the WCW World Champion. If you think that Hollywood Hogan is going to be able to stop me at Spring Stampeed... if you think that by putting me into a match six days away from what could be the biggest match in my life is going to derail me... if you think that you can screw the Hitman over, then you're dead-wrong. See... there's a saying... you might not always get what you want, but you always get what you deserve. Ric Flair, you WANT to screw me over... but this Sunday at Spring Stampeed, you and your Alliance are going to get what you deserve... a shot of me holding the World Title up in the air after I defeat Hollywood Hogan! This Sunday night, you're going to find out what the Excellence of Execution is all about... and I promise you, it won't be pretty."

Hart walks off-camera, heading to the ring.

~

[bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow]

Slow match to start as Bigelow takes over early. hart mounts a comeback, hitting the right spots at the right moments. Bigelow went over well as a heel in this match, as Hart did a good job of selling moves. Hart hits the FIVE MOVES OF DOOM, and starts to signal for the Sharpshooter. Hollywood Hogan comes running down the aisle, with Schiavone screaming 'HE'S GOT THE NIGHT OFF!'. Hogan jumps Hart from the back as Hart cinches in the Sharpshooter and the referee has no choice but to disqualify Bigelow and award Hart the match. Hogan and Bigelow are quick to put the boots on the Hitman, who is outnumbered and outmatched. Hart tries to mount a comeback but fails... until Kevin Nash runs to his rescue. Nash clears the ring of the heels, and helps Bret up. Nash extends a hand to Hart, who shakes it. The fans cheer as Hogan and Bigelow retreat. Nash raises Hart's hand and the crowd eats up the moment.

Winner: Bret Hart via DQ

Match Rating: ***3/4

~

After a commercial break, we return to find Raven standing in the middle of the ring. He's got a microphone in hand, and the crowd is already booing. Raven's face doesn't show any kind of feelings, although Schiavone supposes that Raven is scared shitless of Sting right now. Raven brings the microphone up to his mouth and starts talking.

"You can all boo your hearts out for all I care."

This just gives him a louder reaction.

"This Sunday, at Spring Stampede... everything is going to come to an end. All the games... all these mind tricks... will come to one final resolution. A fifteen foot high steel cage... on one side, is a has-been... a former legend... a fallen hero... your beloved Sting. On the other side... a rising star... the one man destined to make history at Spring Stampede, and finally end what has been a sad and sorry career for Sting... ME. One ring, a steel cage, two men... and just about all the pain your feeble imagination could muster. Don't be fooled by the fact that your hero has been appearing on that big screen right there for thepast couple of weeks... he is nothing more but an illusion... he is a man afraid to come face to face with me... he is a man running scared. Stinger, I have to be honest... you certainly can put on a good show... but when it all comes down to it... it's all smoke and mirrors, old-timer... and this Sunday night, the smoke is going to clear, and all those mirrors broken... only reality will be left... and that reality will be me, my hands held up high in the air by the referee, and you, flat on your back inside the ring. I will see YOU at Spring Stampede!!!"

~

The lights go out, and the fans start cheering. The video screen lights up again, and it's Sting, with his face-paint off, wearing his now-standard shades and goatee.

"Raven... you've got six more days... six more days before you get the absolute carnage that you absolutely deserve... six more days before..."

A Sting goes on, Raven quickly interjects, and it's pretty obvious that this video of Sting was a pre-recorded promo. Raven speaks.

"This is the kind of cowardly act that I can expect from your hero? The famous Sting, whittled down to making video tapes of promors in sad attempts to try and psyche out his opponent. I'm through with your games Stinger! Whoever's in charge of the video feed... cut that damn recording off... I have no plans of listening to someone who fears stepping into the ring with me..."

~

The video feed is cut off, and the entire arena is once again plunged into darkness. Raven starts screaming.

"Put the lights back on...damnit..."

The lights go up, and in the middle of the ring, right behind Raven... it's Sting!!! He's wearing a black trenchcoat, with the shades and the goatee... his hair is just about shoulder-length now, and he looks absolutely ready for Sunday. The fans explode into cheer when they see him. It literally tears the roof off the building. Raven turns around, and falls back in complete shock. Sting let's out a mighty roar.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!"

Raven jumps out of the ring and starts backtracking his way up the ramp and back to the locker-rooms. Sting climbs the turnbuckle and points at Raven, while the entire arena just cheers him on. Schiavone nearly pees his pants in the process as he plugs Spring Stampeed one last time and the show goes off the air with a final shot of Sting on the turnbuckles, just giving Raven a cold, hard stare.

Nitro TV Rating: 6.01

RAW TV Rating: 7.36

Guest UmpireAJS

YAY! for Eric Bischoff, he SHOULD HAVE done that in real life around 1997-98. But Oh well, atleast I hope that WCW can be saved in your version. Good to see you back by the way,Spring Stampede looks awesome

(Thanks Umpire, I'll try my best to update regularly... no promises though. ;) )

user posted image

WCW SPRING STAMPEDE CARD

April 25, 1999

Orlando, Florida

::Cruiserweight Title Match::

Chavo Guerrero © Jr. vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

**Last minute addition by Pres. Ric Flair to Spring Stampeed!

::Television Title Match::

Curt Hennig © vs. Kanyon

::Special Guest Referee: Arn Anderson

Chris Jericho vs. Booker T

::Tag Team Title Match::

Saturn & Rick Steiner © vs. The Giant & Bam Bam Bigelow

::US Title Match::

Diamond Dallas Page © vs. Scott Steiner

::Steel Cage Match::

Sting vs. Raven

::World Heavyweight Title Match::

Hollywood Hogan vs. Bret Hart

Pedictions? Violent Reactions? Comments? Oaths of eternal fealty, anyone? :) Kindly post feedback if you feel like it! Hehe.

What's brilliant is that you've told us the finish to the match, yet the intrigue is even higher than it would normally be. My hat's off to you, I can't wait to see what goes down!!

The Sting/Raven match is also gonna be a good one, and the Cruiserweight's a dead cert! I can't see the Steiners vs. Bigelow and Giant being a Flair/Steamboat, but if it moves along the storyline then it has it's benefits!

Keep it up, matey!!

Just have a feeling.

Curt Hennig © vs. Kanyon

As much as I love Kanyon, having Hennig lose the belt now would be a bad thing.

I got a feeling Arn's gonna either get knocked out, or else he'll inadvertantly screw Jericho, or he'll screw Jericho on purpose and turn face.

I really don't see Steiner getting the US title here. I may be crazy.

Sting vs. Raven

If not, then all the buildup for him has been for nothing.

Hmmm. Well, we know what the ending will likely be. But Hogan could still try and get screwy....but then again, Hart may put him in the Sharpshooter until Hogan gets hurt legit. Eh, I'll keep figuring on the draw.

Guest UmpireAJS

WINNER:Chavo,Eddie needs to do bigger things,and Mysterio should be in the tag team division,he is been way to long a CW.

Curt Hennig © vs. Kanyon

WINNER:Kanyon,Hennig should retire.

WINNER:Jericho,Come on look who is your Guest ref.

WINNER:Worst match of the night,I dont really care who wins but I will go with Giant and Bigelow,since Rick Steiner sucks.

WINNER:DDP,for now...

Sting vs. Raven

WINNER:Sting.I hate to admit it,but I never liked Raven that much

WINNER:Heh,this one has a DRAW written all over it.

Phone Conversation

Somewhere Unknown

Friday, April 23, 1999

"How are things going along?"

"Just fine. Bollea's been set in his place."

"The company's lost a shitload of money for the past year. If this goes on, the entire thing's going to go belly-up by 2000. I need you to find a way to make him go away."

"Go away?"

"I want him off the payroll. WCW is paying far too much money for him...he's nothing more but a nostalgic piece of the past that can't even go anymore... WCW should not be paying that kind of money for antiques that can't go."

"Maybe if I get him to take a pay-cut..."

"Don't bullshit me. You know and I know that he won't ever take a pay-cut. he's too damn greedy. Push him to the edge.... make him quit."

"People are going to talk, though. I might be jeopardizing my position in the company."

"Do you think I'm going to allow anyone to remove you from your position?"

"Yeah, yeah. I get your point."

"When we get rid of Bollea, it's going to be easier to control the roster. He'll probably take his friends with him. Push other people's buttons. I want you to give the guy a horrible rap. Kill whatever's left of his locker-room reputation."

"It's as good as done."

"You'd better make sure. I've funneled enough cash into this damn company to have it all go down the crapper."

"Yeah, yeah. Later."

"I'll call you when I get to Miami. We need to meet up and get specific."

"Alright. I'll see you then."