WCW: Resurrection

Guest Shayner

Guest y2gudge

Firstly, Edge is copyrighted to WWE therefore using Adam Copeland is your best bet.

Secondly, listen to the advice given by the more respected member of EWB. I can't see where anyone has flamed you yet so go work on Backdraft and after you post it I can hopefully give feedback on it.

Thirdly, The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas) are a good team I would think to pick up.

EDIT: Fourthly, don't have an attitude after constructive criticism (and yes it is, you haven't been flamed) and use the whole "it's for me and my friends" because it will get you nowhere.

*y2gudge*

Edited by y2gudge

Just so everyone knows, I have been around here for 2 months. I am not some account this guy made to write bogus comments about his diary. I simply don't like to post much, instead I just hang around and read.

That's it, I just wanted to clear that up. Thank you.

Edited by TheEndAll

Guest Shayner

THIS JUST IN!!

From WCW2.com:

"Just one hour before Backdraft, WCW has come to find out that Chuck Palumbo, who was to be involved in the tag team title match, tore his bicep while working out over the weekend. He will not be able to compete, and therefore his partner, Mike Sanders, will fight against Trent Acid and Jerry Lynn, in a three way dance for the Cruiserweight title match. Meanwhile, newly signed tag team, The West Hollywood Blondes will take the place of Palumbo and Sanders in the tag title match."

Comments:

1. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief on Vince McMahon willingly franchising a third party to run WCW. His sacrifice of THE money feud in wrestling just to prop Steve Austin still leaves me cold. You've made a commendable effort in providing a plausible excuse/scenario for McMahon to lease out Dubya See Dubya.

2. There's too many titles right now with your WCW revival. You have a small roster at this point, so at best there should be two singles titles (World Heavyweight and a midcard title) and one tag team title. You can introduce as many belts as you want, but only do it when your roster becomes large enough to justify adding another title.

3. Having all the wrestlers fight for the titles would probably have raised their profile more, rather than arbitrarily deciding that wrestlers X and Y are good enough just for the US Title, or TV Title, or Cruiser Title.

4. I am assuming that the WWE brand extension is in effect in your diary. If so, then you should rename your WCW US Title.

5. One issue I have is that Austin is actually taking a backseat role compared to the HBK/Edge angle. I don't see Austin being content with a match just to be an authority figure. If he wants to stick it to Vince, he would have insisted on being included in the World Heavyweight Title hunt.

6. While the storyline between Shayne and Vince is all right, I would like to know what the wrestlers think about this WCW revival. The wrestlers can give interviews in character, but I'd like to see them get face time hyping WCW, and hyping their own reasons for joining an admittedly risky startup.

Guest Shayner

---Backstage Pre-Backdraft Notes---

* WCW officials have just recieved words that EZ Money and Chris Hamrick, scheduled for the tag team title match at Backdraft, are stuck in Tennessee with a delayed flight. They will not be competing tonight, and no replacement team will be added. No disciplinary actions will be taken, according to WCW sources.

* The match between Adam Copeland and Shawn Michaels has been the cause of much excitement backstage, as the wrestlers feel that the match will be a match of the year candidate, in the new WCW's first main event match.

* Shawn Michaels was quoted on WCW.com as saying:

"The new WCW has all the right people, the right ideas, and the support of old fans, as well as new ones. Most of us, especially the former WWE stars, think that with time, WCW can once again become the #1 promotion in the world."

* Three new signings were announced today by WCW, per their website. They have apparently signed Lash LeRoux, Norman Smiley and Roadkill. Though none of the three are in Cleveland tonight, they are expected to report to new WCW headquarters in Pittsburgh over the weekend to discuss plans regarding their debuts.

* Rumors have been everywhere about WCW signing on with PCW (Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling) to be their development territories. Along with the many signings to come, the officials feel that a development territory will allow them to sign great, young independant stars without having to rush them on to television.

* Shayne Steele will be flying this week out to California to check out some independant workers who could possibly be sent to the development territory, or brought in for a dark match.

* Contract negotiations with the USA Network are going smoothly, and we expect to have much more information by the end of the month. Right now, we are in negotiations to hold a yet-to-be-named Friday night show. We are also currently exploring the possibility of a weekly PPV, should the deal fall through.

We will report back after Backdraft with all of the news and notes!

Edited by Shayner

• 1 year later...