MTV

Agent Risktaker

Is it just me or is MTV extremely biased and anti-Bush? During Choose or Loose skits, they're always focusing on how good Kerry is and how bad Bush is. Not that I really mind since I've given up all hope on this commercialized Presidential race, but when you hold such power and influence over youth, you should be unbiased and unopinionated.

For once, I do believe we agree on political matters. There's no reason for MTV to try and sway the vote. You hit the nail on the head by calling this a commercialized election, because every lousy B-list celebrity simply has to put tin their two cents on the issues. For some reason, disliking Bush has become somehow fashionable, and it makes people that actually don't like the guy look like sheep. It's pretty lame. Hollywood ought to stick to making crappy movies instead of trying to stick their nose in politics and get their names in the headlines. It's really lame.

eh, i think its defentally cause everyone thinks making fun of Bush is cool, although its fucking annoying as hell. I hate MTV, and i hate politics.

Guest fullhouse

commercialized Presidential race

This isn't the first one. It started in the 90's and has really balloned in every election since. Ever since Governor Clinton played the saxophone on Aresio Halls show and he was in the MTV forum and was ask "boxers or briefs" it became commercialized.

Celebrities have always voiced there political views. Why does it get coverage is the question that we should ask! But we all know the answer to that one. More media outlets would rather report what a celebrity thinks of the presidential race than say you and I.

Guest fullhouse

Hey AR, go watch Fox...

Fox News doesnt even hide it. They should be the offical news network for Republican spin. Take MTV out of this equation because well if you rely on MTV for your world news then you have larger issues. Anyway, with some media outlets you can tell that a reporter or anchor may tend to be leaning democrat or republican but with Fox News it's like the whole network is pushing the republican agenda. But, oh well the media for years has always been accused of being liberal by the republicans maybe Murdoch firgured if he forced his news station conservative he'd corner the market.

AR, MSNBC leans to the right just as much as FOX, sometimes much more. CNN is the furthest left-wing news channel (and they're not even that far left as they are shitty). MTV leans left because they cater to young kids and young kids generally lean left. Talk radio leans right because their demographics are generally older males and older males generally lean right. This is not anything new.

Guest The Psychotic One

Brilliant, isn't it, that the Democrats have fooled everyone into thinking that they're left-wing? To quote one of my favourite movies of all time:

"Do you want the puppet on the right, or the puppet on the left? IT'S TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN!"

I hate Bush... and Republicans... but it doesn't make much sense that we're forced to think John Kerry is a better choice. Sure, he may be a temporary solution to a problem named George, but...

... forget it.

Wasn't this exact same question posed in the lounge a week ago? To answer your question who gives a shit. The majority of people who watch MTV won't bother voting, that's if they're even old enough.