World Championship Wrestling - 2001

ADG

WCW THUNDER

WCW Thunder comes at you tonight from the ALLTEL Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Fuck the southern Little Rockers! Now join your announce team, hopefully they won’t annoy you too much. Mike Tenay and Gary Michael Cappetta.

- THESE PEOPLE ARE HENNIGHOLICS! -

Before Thunder officially opens we see “Mean” Gene Okerlund in the parking lot awaiting the arrival of the Seven but then they immediately send the action backstage where “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson is waiting to conduct an interview with Curt Hennig.

Scott Hudson: Welcome to Thunder fans, I am “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson, backstage at the ALLTEL Arena here in North Little Rock and I am with Curt Hennig right now, who in a few moments will take on David Flair in one on one competition. Curt?

Curt Hennig: That’s right Scott Hudson and lemme tell ya this. I don’t know why I’m opening this show. These people here in North Little Rock, Arkansas…

The fans pop for the mention of their town.

Curt Hennig: These people here are Hennigholics. They need their dose of Curt Hennig right enough, but they don’t want him at the start of the show! They want him, in the main event!

Scott Hudson: Well the fans here sure would like to see that and I know I would as well, but you’ve got to work for it.

Curt Hennig: I know Hudson, I know I need to work hard to get to the top, but I’ve been there before and I’ll be there again. Even if I have to start by wrestling little nobodies like David Flair. Tonight I start my journey Scott Hudson. I was brought into this company for one reason, because I wrestle. That’s what I do, that’s what I love. These people want to see Curt Hennig wrestle, these people will see Curt Hennig wrestle. These people will see Curt Hennig win, and soon Scott Hudson, these people will see Curt Hennig, with some championship gold.

Scott Hudson: Championship gold? What championship are we talking here? We know that “The Franchise” Shane Douglas – the US Champion – will be in action later and we know that Scott Steiner will be here tonight as well! Or maybe you’ll find a partner and go after the tag titles?

Curt Hennig: Scott Hudson, you’re on a need to know basis. When you need to know something, I’ll tell you. All you need to know is I’m not here to play second fiddle to anyone. If “The Franchise” wants his US Title taken away from him then I’ll take it. If Scott Steiner wants his taken, I’ll take it. If The InSiders want their titles taken from them, I’ll take them. I’ll have gold around my waist Scott Hudson, and that’s the end of that.

Scott Hudson: It’s Curt Hennig versus David Flair coming right up! Back to Mike and Gary at ringside!

(85)

Curt Hennig gained overness from this segment.

- NOW THAT WAS…….PERFECT! OH THAT’S COPYRIGHTED TO THE OTHER SIDE AIN’T IT? -

Curt Hennig vs. David Flair

Our first wrestling action came in the form of the returning Curt Hennig against “The Nature Jobber” David Flair in a solid if not spectacular 6 minute affair with Hennig in control from start to finish. Flair tried whatever he could think of to halt to momentum of Hennig but nothing worked as the returnee stormed through his opponent with his usual arsenal of technical moves, even busting out a Superplex to the enjoyment of the crowd. As it was on Monday night the biggest pop came when Hennig nailed the Hennig-Plex but unlike Monday night this time it was good enough and got the 1-2-3 for the pinfall victory after 6.13. Hennig celebrated, motioning with the normal “belt around waist” gesture as Thunder went to its’ first commercial break of the night.

(64/69/67)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – THE PLAYSTATION 2 IS COMING……**

- THE HARRIS BOYS + GOOD MATCH = SYSTEM ERROR! DOES NOT COMPUTE! -

The West Hollywood Blondes vs. The Harris Boys

Thunder returned from commercial to the ring where The Harris Boys were already inside ready to take on The West Hollywood Blondes who got a big pop as they came out but then it died a sudden death, weird. The match itself was actually quite good. I know! Strange for a match with Ron and Don Harris but somehow, someway they clicked with Lenny and Lodi and produced one of the best matches of the year. Lenny and Lodi played the faces in crisis as The Harris’ used their power to dominate. A couple of funny moments came when Lenny ran his hand down the strong, muscular arm of Don Harris, freaking out the big man and then Lodi winked at Ron Harris which sent him scurrying from the ring. The Harris’ tried to focus on the match but it got harder when Lenny waved at them from the apron and gave them a very effeminate “yoohoo” and this allowed Lodi to get a small package on Don Harris for the 1-2-3. A good match and the WHB crack me up, even if the crowd don’t seem to like their play-acting right now.

(81/61/71)

Lenny is losing overness because of his weak gimmick. Lodi is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

- CLUBBERIN’, THEY BE A CLUBBERIN’ TONY! -

We leave the victorious Blondes at the ring and jump backstage once again to “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson who is with the WCW Hardcore Champion - Terry Funk.

Scott Hudson: My congratulations go out to the West Hollywood Blondes for a big win there, right here on Thunder and another man who deserves our congratulations is the man standing beside me at this very moment, the WCW Hardcore Champion, Terry Funk, who came through a hellacious Funkin’ Conservatory match at Superbrawl Revenge against Justin Credible. But Terry, we heard on Monday night that Justin Credible said that his issue with you is far from over.

Terry Funk: That’s right Scott Hudson and you know, I’m happy about that. I’m happy because I get to teach that punk kid a second time, a second lesson, a second chance for him to show me some respect. That’s all I’m asking for. I’m not asking that Justin Credible likes me, I’m not asking for him to be my friend, all I’m asking for is his respect. Even though I beat him on Sunday night, he went and cried about it because it wasn’t he match he’d expected. Well Justin Credible, you have to realise that this isn’t any normal sport we’re involved in here, this is wrestling. The rules change all the time, the guy at the top has all the power, and you have jack *bleep*. Larry Zbysko proved that to you on Sunday night, but I’ll tell you what Justin Credible, any time! Any time, you wanna step up and take me on again I’ll be -

Scott Hudson: Oh my!

Funk is interrupted by a steel chair nailing him across the back – that kind of thing will stop you, you know? The perpetrator is Justin Credible. Credible brings the chair down across the back and ribs of Funk twice more before dropping the chair and pulling Scott Hudson towards him. Instead of a major swerve and the two embracing though, Credible grabs the microphone and then pushes Hudson to the floor.

Justin Credible: ‘Any time’ Funk? ‘Any time’? I stepped up now, and I swear to God Funk, I will step up a whole lot more! That’s not just the coolest, that’s not just the best, that……..Terry Funk…..is JUSTIN CREDIBLE!

(77)

Terry Funk gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – FIFA 2001 OUT NOW! E-A-SPORTS, IF IT’S IN THE GAME!**

- GOTTA LOVE THOSE CRUISERWEIGHTS -

Shane Helms vs. Elix Skipper

Well, we couldn’t in our heart of hearts let The Harris Boys lay claim to MOTN could we? No, so we welcomed Shane Helms – recovered from his match with Justin Credible – and Team Canada member Elix Skipper to the ring, where they squared off in an excellent, fast-paced, spot loaded 10 minute match that showcased both men at their best. Helms didn’t look to have missed a beat as he nailed frankensteiners, dropkicks, arm drags, hip-tosses, enziguris and more. Skipper wasn’t any slouch playing his part in the exchanges with some dropkicks of his own, a sweet Shining Wizard, a head-scissors, a Japanese arm-drag and a High Cross Body off the top rope. Skipper then went to end it with a Bridge Suplex but Helms broke free, landed on his feet and after a good 45 seconds of bouncing off ropes, ducking clotheslines and kicks, diving over and under each other and sliding through the legs of one another Elix Skipper went for a Springboard Moonsault, it was caught by Helms who dropped him into position and then nailed the Nightmare On Helms Street for the 1-2-3 pinfall victory!

(89/60/74)

- FINALLY……………………..THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN ARRIVE -

Thunder cuts from the ring to the parking lot where the same white stretch limo as seen on Monday night arrives and the Magnificent Seven again get out if it in the same order as before. Midajah follows behind Steiner like an obedient puppy. “Mean” Gene Okerlund starts to approach the champ but Lex Luger and Animal intercept him and stop him from talking to an obviously incensed champion. But what is the champ angry about?

(82)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – TONIGHT ON TNT…..NO WAIT! DON’T CHANGE THE CHANNEL! OH BUGGER!**

- “THE FRANCHISE” SPEAKS TO THE PEOPLE -

We come back from commercial to the smiling face of “The Franchise” Shane Douglas who has the WCW United States Championship belt over his shoulder. He kisses it as we zoom out to find that Scott Hudson is with him. He’s getting everywhere tonight.

Scott Hudson: I’m here again WCW fans, being kept very busy tonight and this time I’m back with a man I had the pleasure of talking to on Monday night and again tonight, the WCW United States Champion, “The Franchise” Shane Douglas. Thank you for joining me.

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas: You should consider yourself privileged that I have taken time out of my schedule to talk with you.

Scott Hudson: Well Shane-

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas: Mr. Douglas to you!

Scott Hudson: Of course Mr. Douglas, have you any comments to make about your match on Monday night and of course about your match tonight?

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas: Comments? Comments? On Monday night what I said I would do, was done. I beat General Rection and retained my title and tonight I’ll do the same against Big Vito. If Big Vito is a so called #1 contender to my title, then the standard of competition in WCW is extremely low, and frankly it disappoints me. But we heard earlier tonight how Curt Hennig wants some gold, well I’m a fighting champion. So I’m gonna make an offer to Curt Hennig right now. Whenever it suits you, me and you, in the squared circle, for this title belt.

(80)

- DOUGLAS TESTED BUT GETS THE TAINTED WIN -

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas vs. Big Vito

We jumped back to the ring where the WCW United States Champion “The Franchise” Shane Douglas who we just saw backstage – MAGIC! -took on Big Vito in a match where the title was on the line. But no one was fooled by that and knew that “The Franchise” was going to come out of the match with the win in the end, especially if the choice is between Douglas/Hennig and Vito/Hennig. Vito did take it to Douglas for the majority of the match, including a ring-shaking-bone-crushing-Powerslam! “The Franchise” tried to fight back with heel tactics direct from “The Big Book of Heel Tactics” but Vito’s rampage was simply too strong to stop. In the end “The Franchise” resorted to the ‘drastic times, drastic measures’ ideology rolling up Vito and getting the 1-2-3 with his feet on the middle rope. After the bell Vito pleaded his case with the referee but Douglas was already away up the aisle, his title raised high.

(67/68/67)

The WCW United States title has lost image.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – OKAY, NOW YOU’VE REALISED THERE WASN’T ANYTHING OF WORTH ON TNT, WELCOME BACK TO TBS, OH AND UH……..EAT AT SUBWAY**

- BEST BUDS? -

Back from commercial and we get a vignette aired which loos at the Steiner/Flair relationship in a negative light, with lingering shots of Flair looking at the World Title, kissing the World Title and holding the World Title before the mood changes as it is grabbed from him by Scott Steiner, the screen becomes red and the music becomes a lot harsher on the ears. We see the two talking and disagreeing. At the end of the video we’re flashed back to 1997 with the message “This message was paid for by The InSiders”. Nice way to put some more tension into the match.

(100)

- MAIN EVENT MAYHEM BRINGS NEW TAG CHAMPS! -

The InSiders vs. Scott Steiner & Ric Flair (w/ Midajah)

Our main event wrapped up the evening as The InSiders defended their WCW World Tag Team Championship belts against “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner and “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Again the main point of the match was to advance the still simmering tension between Steiner and Flair, but The InSiders weren’t going to just let it simmer as they provoked them both at every opportunity, and there were a lot of opportunities to do so, as Kevin Nash no-sold everything thrown at him and so Steiner and Flair shrunk into the role of cowardly heels against this monstrous Nash. When DDP got into the ring he did sell however, allowing the challengers some time to look strong. Steiner and Flair teased “miscommunication” between the two, with Steiner just avoiding running into Flair and Naitch pulling back on a punch at the last second which would have hit the champion. The two did eventually collide when Nash pushed Steiner into Flair and the two got into a stand-off before co-operating to double DDT Nash. The challengers then managed to take control in the closing moments but a second stand-off between the two looked to have cost them it when Nash nailed Steiner with the Jacknife, but Flair was there to break up the count. Wanting the winners’ share of the purse money more than the gold, Steiner got the win for his team when he rolled-up Diamond Dallas Page and got a handful of tights for the 1-2-3 and we had new champions. Thunder went off the air with Steiner and Flair on the same page, hugging in the centre of the ring, the WCW Tag Titles draped over their shoulders.

(49/94/80)

Kevin Nash basically no-sold everything, which ruined the match. The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Overall Show Rating: 78%

We got a 4.64 rating for 'Thunder'!

The attendance level was 8291 people.

We made $207275 from ticket sales.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booker’s Thoughts Memo – Jan 23rd to Feb 14th.

Sorry guys and gals, totally forgot about this for a few weeks which I finally realised is why I’ve been sitting in an empty meeting room for the last three Mondays wondering where the hell everyone had gotten to. So without any further ado (my hands are hurting from all the typing I’ve been doing) lets jump right in:

CONTRACTS

First thing has to be to say thanks to everyone for signing the waivers to their salaries for now. As soon as it is viable to pay out about $70,000,000 at once you’ll get your pay. Until then thanks for staying loyal to WCW and to me. It means a lot.

THOUGHTS ON PROGRAMMING

Yes I’m putting together my thoughts on TV and PPV. Sue me. Overall it’s been a great time these past 4 weeks for us which is good. Money is coming in, ratings are rising and early – and I stress the word “early” – indications of the numbers for Superbrawl Revenge are excellent, looking to be over a 1.0 buy-rate. Again an orange juice for you all from me! Actually scrap that, not got the cash for it.

NORTHERN PRO WRESTLING

An update on our wonderful WCW employees up in Montana:

Jim Duggan: Won the NPW Heavyweight Championship on Saturday night.

Major Stash: Taken to hitting people over the head with guitars in an evil heel Van Hammer reprisal.

Kid Romeo: Supposedly just made love to the NPW Owner’s wife in a red hot angle. See where this one goes.

Jamie Noble: NPW Cruiserweight Champion for a month now. Kicking everybody’s ass apparently. They love him in Montana.

Evan Karagias: Injured. Typical.

COUPLE OF GREAT MATCHES

The IWC has responded well to a number of matches over the last few weeks, especially praising Shane Helms vs. Elix Skipper from Thunder. Good job everybody.

SOME ANONYMOUS DICKHEAD

Okay not all has been good with the IWC though. Some anonymous ranter has taken it upon himself to royally insult us at every opportunity in his so called Nitro Recap. Just ignore him. He’s talking himself up saying he’ll be live at Nitro this Monday night. We see anyone suspicious, boot ‘em in the balls.

Okay that’s everything, thanks a’body. Meeting this Monday though lads. Be there or be square.

WCW MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW!

What a week we’ve had here in WCW! First at Superbrawl Revenge Ric Flair wins the “Time Crisis” match to become #1 contender to Scott Steiner’s WCW World Championship and Larry Zbysko states that the match will go ahead when he chooses, where he chooses and how he chooses. Then on Thunder Flair and Steiner teamed together and took the WCW Tag Team Titles from The InSiders. What will happen tonight in our main event as Ric Flair goes one on one with Kevin Nash! Are Flair and Steiner on the same page?

With new WCW Tag Team Champions, what does this mean for the WCW Tag Division? Which team will step up their game and prove themselves worthy of a shot? Tonight two hopeful teams step into the squared circle. Tonight General Rection & Corporal Cajun take on KroniK!

Also tonight, “The Franchise” Shane Douglas will defend his WCW United States Championship as he goes one on one with Ernest “The Cat” Miller. This one will be off the hook!

Tonight Sid will be in action! After the ”Time Crisis”, in a backstage interview Chris Kanyon made it very clear he was going to expel Sid from a wrestling ring. At Superbrawl Revenge it was a stray chairshot from Sid that cost Kanyon his chance at victory. Tonight Sid is in action against Mike Sanders. Will Kanyon get involved?

At Superbrawl Revenge Rey Misterio came out victorious against all the odds in a handicap match. Even though he still doesn’t have a confirmed match against Chavo Guerrero it is only a matter of time now. Tonight Rey Misterio Jr. will be in one on one action against Chris Candido to keep him ready for Chavo!

- Confirmed Matches -

Ric Flair vs. Kevin Nash

Sid vs. Mike Sanders

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas vs. The Cat

General Rection & Corporal Cajun vs. KroniK

Rey Misterio Jr vs. Chris Candido

After about a year of impatient waiting, I go away for four days and you hit me with three shows. One of which was FUCKING AMAZING. Like... I am speechless on Superbrawl... and now that Flair & Steiner are tag champs, things are like... ... ... interesting. Something that only WCW can offer©!

WCW MONDAY NITRO

WCW Monday Nitro comes at you live from the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri! (GO OUTLAWS~!) Now join me in welcoming your hosts for the evening,Tony Schiavone and Gary Michael Cappetta

- MAGNIFICENT SEVEN KICK OFF THE SHOW IN MAGNIFICENT STYLE -

Tony Schiavone and Gary Michael Cappetta welcome us to Nitro but their full welcome is interrupted by the music of The Magnificent Seven and out onto the stage comes the full group. Scott Steiner leads the way out, flanked by Midajah, with the World Title over his shoulder and the WCW Tag Title around his waist. Ric Flair has his Tag Title over his shoulder. Behind them come the rest of the Seven, all in street clothes. They get an almighty reception from the crowd as they come down the aisle and enter the ring. Scott Steiner is handed a microphone by Midajah, who was handed it by a ring technician as the crowd starts an “ASSHOLE” chant to Steiner.

Scott Steiner: You can chant that word all you want!

The crowd takes this as a prompt to do just that, with the chants getting louder and louder. The chants split, half into “STEINER SUCKS” and half remaining with “ASSHOLE”

Scott Steiner: Shut the hell up!

The crowd doesn’t listening to him, instead cheering at annoying the World Champion.

Scott Steiner: On Wednesday night, we showed ever’body that we are a unit. Me ‘n’ Naitch took tha WCW Tag Team Titles from The InSiders and left them lying in the middle of the ring. Everybody has tried to split it up. To make us fight. Larry Zbysko tried it. Goldberg tried it! Sting tried it! Kevin Nash tried it! Diamond Dallas Page tried it! All those bastards in the back who have their heads up each others’ asses tried it! But none of them did it! Not a one of them made us fight. The Magnificent Seven is better than ever. The Magnificent Seven is more powerful than ever and the Magnificent Seven is more unified than ever. We now control the biggest prize in this industry, the WCW World Championship and we have the WCW World Tag Team Championships. Larry Zbysko has tried to split us up. He teamed me ‘n’ Naitch up, thinking we’d fine each otha, and what did we do? We won the titles. We’re tag team champions. So what does Zbysko do? Tonight he makes a match, Kevin Nash versus Ric Flair. To give Nash a little chance at revenge for losing his title. That won’t work either Zbysko, because tonight is our night and you are not going to ruin it, ain’t that right Slick Ric?

Steiner hands the microphone to “The Nature Boy” who struts around the ring and bounces off the ring ropes before bringing the microphone to his lips.

Ric Flair: Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That’s right “Big Poppa”! Tonight Kevin Nash and “The Nature Boy”, one on one! Whooooooooooo! And you know, I got no problem beating Nash again. Me and the “Big Bad Booty Daddy” beat him and DDP last week for these title belts and tonight I’ll do it again. It’s all about the Magnificent Seven! It’s all about the gold, the lifestyle, the women, the cars, but most of all, it’s about the group.

The other members of the Magnificent Seven nod their heads, Animal laughs and Bagwell smiles as Flair continues.

Ric Flair: And as long as the group’s got the gold, it doesn’t matter where it is in that group. So if Larry Zbysko is gonna force me to fight my buddy for the World Title-

The look on Scott Steiner’s face has dropped away and he is listening intently as Flair struts around the ring.

Ric Flair: …….Then so be it!

Scott Steiner: What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Scott Steiner rushes forward and grabs the microphone from Flair. Naitch seems taken aback at this.

Scott Steiner: What the hell do you mean “so be it”? What the hell are you talking about? Let me make this loud and clear to you Flair, this belt, this World Heavyweight Championship……

Steiner raises the World Championship into the air beside him.

Scott Steiner: This title is mine, and mine alone. You try to take it and I will lay you out, like I laid out Sid. Like I laid out Goldberg. Like I laid out Nash. I will beat you down and make you bleed, like I did them!

Ric Flair: Whoa champ, calm down. Hey, we said it ourselves way back in the New Year. All for one and one for all, whoooooooooooo!

Scott Steiner: Don’t you dare “whooo” me, you old age, washed up, son of a bitch!

Whoa……..and it’s kicking off as Flair shoves Steiner and Steiner shoves Flair! The two get nose to nose and start talking to each other rapidly but the microphone can’t pick up what they say. The rest of the Seven aren’t sure what to do but Jeff Jarrett takes the gamble and steps in to separate them. Jarrett pulls Flair away but Steiner takes the opportunity to slap Flair across the cheek and “The Nature Boy” is raging. Jarrett tries with all his might to restrain a now very pissed off Naitch as Totally Buff move in to drag Scott Steiner to the side. Midajah tries to calm down the World Champ as Jarrett hauls Flair to the outside and talks to him.

Scott Steiner: Ric Flair, let me make this loud and clear to you. Were you to step in the ring with me for this title, which you won’t, you wouldn’t last five minutes. Now get the hell out of this arena, go to the back and calm down.

Flair still has the microphone in his hand.

Ric Flair: Steiner, I know you’re angry. I mean if I had your shortcomings I would be too….

An “ooooohh” rises up from the crowd.

Ric Flair: But if I was going to face you for that title, which we all know will happen at some point if Zbysko has his way. If we meet, I will take that title from you, mark my words!

Schiavone says we have to go to a commercial break but The Magnificent Seven are in turmoil! That’s how you kick off a TV show!

(100)

Ric Flair gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- RECTION REMEMBERS LIFE UNDER RUSSO AS KRONIK KILL MIA -

General Rection & Corporal Cajun vs. KroniK

After a killer opening from the Magnificent Seven we got our first wrestling action as General Rection & Corporal Cajun took on former #1 contenders KroniK to see who should move up the ranking in the tag division. General Rection’s rapid de-push continued here as he and Cajun were destroyed by Adams and Clarke in a quick 7 minute match which was good enough to keep the attention of the crowd. Rection sold his beating well as did Cajun but the phrase “the best defence is a strong offence” didn’t occur to the MIA men as they crumbled to the relentless attack of KroniK and Clarke got the victory for his team, pinning General Rection after a Meltdown for the 1-2-3. Job done for KroniK.

(77/66/71)

- MEANWHILE IN THE NATURAL BORN THRILLER’S SECRET WAR ROOM…….. -

Backstage in the War Room on the Natural Born Thrillers sit the assembled group. I was half expecting a whiteboard with a picture of Chuck Palumbo on it and “PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER 1” scrawled over it but apparently they wrote it wrong and a rumour started that Palumbo liked pubic hair. Standing in front of the rest of the NBT is their leader Mike Sanders.

Mike Sanders: Alright, nothing has gone to plan for us this year so far, but that is all gonna start changing tonight. Tonight I face Sid. He’s damn near 7 foot tall, 300 pounds. Beating him will make everybody sit up and take notice of the NBT. And after people know our name, they’ll be flocking around us. The NBT is growing stronger and stronger. We’ve got rid of the dead weight. Some Mother Nature took care of, and some we took care of. But we’ve gotta move on. Chuck Palumbo can wage his little war against us if he wants, but it’s a case of five on one, so he’s welcome to try it. Sooner or later he’ll slip up and we’ll send him back to the Plant where he belongs. We’ve got to make an impact, and we will in time. It starts………………….TONIGHT!

Nitro is about to go to commercial after that rousing speech from Mike Sanders but as the NBT head to the door they can’t open it. A camera outside shows that Chuck Palumbo has barricaded the NBT into their room! Palumbo dashes off as the NBT shout for help.

(77)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- MISTERIO CAN’T GET A BREAK CAN HE? -

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Chris Candido

Nitro came back from commercial as Rey Misterio Jr. was coming down the aisle to do battle with Chris Candido in a back and forth 11 minute encounter that saw Candido put in his best performance in a long time as he kept pace with Misterio for the duration. Candido tried to keep Misterio grounded to prevent his aerial offence which meant Misterio had to resort to a more mat based style to go toe to toe with Candido and use the ropes when and if he could. The first few times he took to the air it wasn’t successful as Candido was aware of them all and either caught Misterio or avoided the attacks but eventually Misterio connected with a Cross Body and after that the hits kept on coming as Candido was stunned with a variety of hurricanranas, dropkicks, sunset flips and a 6-1-9. Misterio looked to have the match won when Chavo Guerrero Jr. charged to the ring distracting the referee, allowing Straight Outta Samoa to creep into the ring and nail Misterio with a Powerbomb combination. S.O.S bailed as the ref turned and Candido crawled into the cover for the 1-2-3. After the bell Candido rolled from the ring as Chavo and S.O.S entered again. Misterio fell victim of a Big Splash from Kimo before Chavo was handed a microphone by Ekmo.

(76/64/70)

- YOU CHEATING SWINE YOU! -

Chavo brings the microphone to his lips as he stands over the body of Rey Misterio and looks down at his rival.

Chavo Guerrero: One more time Misterio. Once again I outsmart you holmes. I get the better of you and you end up lying on the mat, with me standing over you. Face it Misterio, you’re beneath me. But you know what Misterio? Even though I don’t like you, I respect you. Or rather, I would respect you, if you had won at Superbrawl cleanly. We all know that it was that Billy Kidman that won you that match holmes, so why should I give you a shot? You cheated to win at Superbrawl, and for all I know you’ll cheat to win against me. Until you can prove to me and to these people you won’t cheat to win Misterio, you ain’t getting near my title.

Chavo and S.O.S depart as medical staff come to the ring to check on Misterio and we head to commercial.

(69)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- THE CAT SCREECHES IN PAIN -

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas vs. Ernest “The Cat” Miller

Nitro rolled along with a match for the United States Title between the champion “The Franchise” Shane Douglas and the challenger in the shape of Ernest “The Cat” Miller. Like Rection earlier Miller’s de-push down the WCW pecking order of importance continued as he was defeated quite embarrassingly in a 4 minute squash with “The Franchise” nailing his basic repertoire. Miller’s only contribution was to be pinned for the 1-2-3 following the Pittsburgh Plunge. “The Franchise” celebrated, playing to the crowd on the middle rope, only to turn into a face to face confrontation with Curt Hennig. Nothing came of it however as the two exchanged some heated words before Hennig rolled from the ring and backed up the aisle, motioning around his waist the entire time. Has Hennig set his sights on the WCW US Championship? It sure looks like it!

(59/69/65)

The WCW United States title has lost image.

- OLD SCHOOL 101 IS IN SESSION -

Backstage we go to the dressing room of the WCW Hardcore Champion, Terry Funk. He is sitting on a bench against the wall. The camera is quite withdrawn from him, focused in on “Mean” Gene Okerlund who is standing several feet in front of The Funker. As Okerlund introduces the segment, The Funker stays completely focused, looking to the floor, his hands rolling over each other.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: 8 days ago, at WCW’s second pay per view event of the year, Superbrawl Revenge, the man behind me, the WCW Hardcore Champion, a true wrestling legend, Terry Funk, came through a brutal battle against the young, brash, cocky young superstar Justin Credible in Credible’s first WCW pay per view appearance. But Credible vowed that his issue with Terry Funk was far from over and he showed that on Wednesday night when he callously attacked Terry Funk from behind with a steel chair. Against the advice from doctors Terry Funk is here tonight. Right now, I’m going to get a few words with Terry Funk.

Okerlund turns and walks the few feet to the bench. The camera zooms in.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Terry, can you tell us, what are you thinking at this time?

Terry Funk: What am I thinking “Mean” Gene? I’m not thinking, I’m mourning.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Mourning what?

Terry Funk: The loss of wrestling.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: I don’t understand.

Terry Funk: I wouldn’t expect you to “Mean” Gene. I wouldn’t expect anyone who hasn’t been a wrestler in their life to understand. I wouldn’t even expect wrestlers these days to understand. You see “Mean” Gene, I’m what people these days would call “old school”. I’ve been around a long time. I remember when wrestling was respected, when it wasn’t a goddamn freak-show where people could come and “ooooh” and “aaaahh” at all the miserable sons of bitches paraded out there by heartless and gutless millionaires who wanted another crystal chandelier. I remember when wrestling was about competition between two men to see who was better. The people came, and they sat, and they watched. They didn’t shout obscenities en masse at the wrestlers. They didn’t bitch about what they saw, because they appreciated the effort put in no matter what.

And in return for their appreciation, we would go and bust our asses every single night of the year for them. We would put on the very best wrestling they could want. The fans respected the wrestlers, the wrestlers respected the fans, but more important than those, the wrestlers respected……………each other. The older veterans respected the youngsters and in return, the youngsters respected what the veterans had done for years. What Justin Credible has done to me, goes against a century old law of the locker room. Respect your fellow workers. Justin Credible broke that law when he hit me with that steel chair last week. Before that, I’d put his attitude down to his age. I thought he was just a kid with an ego he needed to satisfy. But he hasn’t just got an ego, Justin Credible you listen to me, you’ve got a problem son. You have a problem with this sport and it needs to be solved. But hitting people with steel chairs isn’t the answer. The only way that you will learn not to piss on a rule of thumb that has existed as long as this sport has, is to be taught it. Now Justin Credible, you are right, I am indeed an older wrestler. I’m from a past generation and I am getting on a bit. But I can still go, I still got some fight left in me, and no matter how many times you hit me with a steel chair, I will get back up. No matter how many times you hit me with that cane, I will get back up. No matter how many times you make me bleed, I will get back up! No matter how many times you knock me down, I WILL GET BACK UP!..........................Because Justin Credible, you need to be taught the traditions of wrestling, and I’m here to be your teacher. Justin Credible, Old School 101, is now in session.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Terry Funk there, with a message for Justin Credible.

Nitro goes to commercial after a powerful, emotional promo from Terry Funk. In the arena, the crowd sit in a hushed silence at what they have just seen.

(76)

The fans were confused by the gimmick change of Terry Funk (Old School Face) so soon after his last one. Terry Funk gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- SID WITH A MESSAGE FOR KANYON -

Back from commercial and Sid is backstage in front of a WCW backdrop. No interviewer, strange.

Sid: Chris Kanyon? Chris Kanyon? For some obscure reason, you blame me, for your loss in the “Time Crisis”. Well Chris Kanyon, I’m sorry you feel that way, but do you really think you would have won that match? Do you really think you would have bested Booker T, Sting and Ric Flair? Were they all in the palm of your hand before I cracked you over the head with that steel chair? I don’t think so. But if you want to pursue this ridiculous rivalry, I have no objections. Chris Kanyon, bring it on!

Short and sweet from Sid, who is facing Mike Sanders next!

(71)

- SID SMASHES SANDERS BUT KANYON GETS STUCK IN -

Sid vs. Mike Sanders

Well the WCW fans didn’t think it could get any worse than the Douglas/Miller stinker from earlier but it did as Sid took to the ring to face Mike Sanders – who did escape from the War Room. Where this match fell down was that unlike the Douglas/Miller match, these two went for 9 minutes, which would have been fine, had they not got lost after 5 and cluster-fucked there way through the last 4 with rest-hold, after rest-hold, after rest-hold. The communication was blatantly obvious as well as Sid and Sanders used each rear chin-lock or bearhug to figure out their next rest-hold. Whether it was planned to happen after 9 minutes or not Chris Kanyon made his way to the ring to distract Sid. It backfired as Sid still got the 1-2-3 after a Big Boot to a running Mike Sanders but Kanyon did manage a post match beatdown to the big man, who “Vicioused up” in the end and Kanyon bailed to the relative safety of the ring aisle. I would have bailed to Switzerland though. It worked for the Von Trapps.

(52/79/70)

- IS FLAIR FOCUSED? -

After the mauling of Mike Sanders by Sid and the subsequent attack by Chris Kanyon, Nitro went backstage to where “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson was waiting with “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Flair wasn’t his grandiose self, a lot more down to earth and pensive as Hudson introduced himself.

Scott Hudson: WCW fans I am “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson backstage with one half of the WCW World Tag Team Champions and the #1 Contender for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair! Now Ric, we all saw what happened earlier tonight when you and Scott Steiner came to blows in the middle of the ring over the WCW World Heavyweight Title, has that matter been resolved?

Ric Flair: Well you know what Scott, I feel like a fool. I really do. An out and out fool. What you saw earlier tonight from myself, I’m not sure where it came from, but you know what Scott, I meant every word of it! Whooooooooooooooooo!

The crowd cheers this change of direction.

Ric Flair: I have to face Scott Steiner. That has been made, and I can’t just lie down for the champ, which I’ll be honest right now, I would have done. So there’s nothing left to do Scott than to wrestle each other. But “Big Poppa Pump” doesn’t want to do that. He doesn’t want to face “The Nature Boy”! Whoooooooooooo!

The crowd cheers again but shuts up when Flair flashes a look at the camera demanding total silence.

Ric Flair: But he’s going to have to. You see Scott, Scott Steiner has ideas above his station. He sees the gold around his waist and he sees the gold over his shoulder and he thinks he’s the world’s greatest. He thinks he’s “the man”. Well, we all know he isn’t the man. The saying holds true for everyone Scott Hudson. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Now I’m the man, so Scott Steiner, friend or foe, ally or enemy, if you really want to say you’re the greatest, to say you’re “the man”…………You have to beat me! Whooooooooo!

Ric Flair walks away towards the ring, leaving Scott Hudson to wrap up the segment.

Scott Hudson: Ric Flair there with a message for his friend and tag partner, Scott Steiner. Up next it’s Ric Flair versus Kevin Nash, right after this commercial break!

(95)

Scott Steiner gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- STEINER AND FLAIR? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?! -

Ric Flair vs. Kevin Nash (w/ Diamond Dallas Page)

I’m repeating myself again but the WCW product declines as the show goes on yet again with Ric Flair doing everything he possibly could to drag a decent match out of Kevin Nash and failing badly as Nash no-sold every piece of offence which was thrown at him. With that working against you even Flair couldn’t put up much resistance and so Flair consigned to allowing Nash to wrestle the match how he wanted, which consisted of Nash beating Flair black and blue for a good 10 minutes without a single piece of offence. Flair tried to fight back with some stiff chops but Nash looked at him with a “what are you doing?” look on his face before kicking him in the jaw. Yet with Flair pencilled in to win the match a clean victory wasn’t going to cut it, so Totally Buff charged the ring attacking DDP. Scott Steiner then appeared, jumped onto the apron and nailed Nash with his WCW Tag Team Title belt (the World Title needs a rest) and Flair managed to collapse on top for the 1-2-3. We got a staredown between Steiner on the apron and Flair in the ring as we went off the air. Why did Steiner help Ric Flair after earlier tonight? What kind of games are being played here?

(46/90/76)

Kevin Nash basically no-sold everything, which ruined the match.

Overall Show Rating: 76%

We got a 5.50 rating for 'Nitro'!

The attendance level was 8277 people.

We made $206925 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 7.15 television rating for 'RAW'!

The event was attended by 8030 people.

They made $321200 from ticket sales.

some nice shows there Adgray... Superbrawl was amazing and Nitro's following it have being excellent... I would love to see a Steiner vs Buff feud after his feud with Flair, i think you could do an excellent job with that... Keep up the great work man!

WCW THUNDER PREVIEW

World Championship Wrestling steamrolls its way through the James H. Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa tonight as we get geared up for WCW Thunder! Tonight the WCW Tag Team Championships will be on the line as Ric Flair and Scott Steiner defend their titles in a re-match against The InSiders in our main event! After what happened on Monday night between the WCW Tag Team Champions, can they work as a team tonight and retain their titles?

Tonight has been dubbed Magnificent Seven night as all of the Magnificent Seven are in action. Buff Bagwell, Rick Steiner and Road Warrior Animal will team up against the Misfits In Action, who are looking to get back to winning ways following a disastrous last month.

And the seventh member will be in action, “The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett goes one on one with Ernest “The Cat” Miller!

But that’s not all!

Also tonight on Thunder, Terry Funk and Justin Credible will be in the same ring. Credible still has issues with Funk and will not rest until the Funker is history. Tonight it is Terry Funk teaming with Rey Misterio Jr. in a handicap match against Justin Credible and Straight Outta Samoa!

Chris Kanyon and Sid will both be in the house, and Kanyon will be in action. Tonight on Thunder, it is Chris Kanyon going mano-a-mano with the one, the only, the “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes!

With all this and more, you don’t want to miss Thunder!

- Confirmed Matches -

Ric Flair & Scott Steiner vs. The InSiders

“The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett vs. Ernest “The Cat” Miller

Chris Kanyon vs. “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes

Terry Funk & Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Justin Credible & Straight Outta Samoa

Bagwell, Steiner & Animal vs. The MIA

Mike Awesome & Lance Storm vs. The West Hollywood Blondes

WCW THUNDER

WCW Thunder comes at you tonight from the Metro Center in beautiful Rockford, Illinois (GO ICEHOGS~!) Now we'll join our broadcast team of Mike Tenay and Gary Michael Cappetta!

- AMERICA JR. COMES UP TRUMPS -

Lance Storm and Mike Awesome (w/ Elix Skipper) vs. The West Hollywood Blondes

Welcome to Thunder everybody and boy do we have a show for you tonight! “Oh what me sir, I don’t know sir” says the very polite little English child sitting behind Mike Tenay. Chuckle, chuckle, guffaw, piss self, pass out. Our opening contest saw Lance Storm & Mike Awesome of Team Canada take on The West Hollywood Blondes in red hot tag team action that at this point of the year would be contending for Match of the Year. It might have been even better had the fans not hated Lenny and Lodi all the way through it. So much so that Storm and Awesome were getting cheered despite their insistence that America sucks the big one. American Prejudice Meter: Anti-Americans: 0.4, Homosexuals: Off the chart apparently. The two teams engaged in a little of everything. Power, technical wrestling, brawling and high flying were all busted out of the tank with the Canadians on top for the most part. Even Mike Awesome took to the air, crushing poor Lenny with a big dive over the top rope. Storm and Awesome kept up their attacks but The WHB kept fighting back, or rather they did until Lodi was thrown from the ring and Lenny got caught on the top rope and Awesome drilled him to the mat with a Spinning Sit-Out Awesome Bomb for the 1-2-3. Awesome impresses more and more every week, showing us something new on each outing he has.

(87/67/77)

Lenny debuted his new gimmick (Fun Babyface) it got a negative response. Lodi debuted his new gimmick (Fun Babyface) it got a negative response.

- IF HE COULD BE SERIOUS FOR A MINUTE -

Lance Storm asks for a microphone from the timekeeper and the timekeeper obliges, passing him a microphone. Storm thumps it a couple of times to check it is on before he raises it to his mouth. The crowd take this opportunity to start reciting a variety of chants, with the two most prominent being ”USA! USA” and ”CANADA SUCKS!”

Lance Storm: If I could be serious for a minute, what you saw here tonight was the destruction of the theatrics of wrestling. What you just saw, was a freakshow. What you just saw, was the freaks, being treated like they should be. You saw them being humiliated. Wrestling has no place for people like them, with their feather boas, and their lollypops. There is NO PLACE in wrestling for them. Lenny and Lodi should go home and re-think their lives. Because gimmicks – if they are gimmicks – like those, are not what wrestling is about. Standing before you now you see the three greatest wrestlers in the world today. You see the greatest cruiserweight in Elix Skipper, you see the greatest power wrestler in Mike Awesome, and in me you see the greatest technical wrestler on the entire planet, and why should it be so you ask? Why should we be the best? Because we are Canadian! Wrestling is in our blood, we live it, we breathe it. You can chant all the derogatory comments about my homeland that you wish, but inside this ring, you know we speak the truth.

Lance Storm drops the microphone and Team Canada leave the ring to a chorus of boos from the patriotic crowd. Think they got rid of Duggan so this promo was possible?

(79)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- THE M7 OR THE MIA? COMBINE THEM AND YOU GET MI7, THE NEXT BRANCH OF BRITISH INTELLIGENCE -

The Magnificent Seven vs. The Misfits In Action (w/ Major Gunns)

Thunder continued along its merry path with The Magnificent Seven [Animal, Buff Bagwell & Rick Steiner] taking on the Misfits In Action. [General Rection, Corporal Cajun and Sergeant A-WALL] The match itself was average for the people involved as they muddled their way through the eight minutes they were out there but Cajun was the one bright spark as he brought something different than the uninspired, dull brawling of the other five. General Rection looked completely uninterested tonight as his de-push reaches astronomical proportions as it was Rection who even had to job here as Animal stole Ron Simmon’s finisher for the night and nailed Rection with a Dominator for the 1-2-3. Well we can’t have the Magnificent Seven looking weak can we?

(54/62/59)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- FIVE MEN, ONE RING, AN AVERAGE MATCH! -

Terry Funk & Rey Misterio Jr. (w/Tygress) vs. Justin Credible & Straight Outta Samoa (w/ Chavo Guerrero Jr)

Our next match was a two on three handicap match which used the “put together two feuding people” formula as Justin Credible teamed up with Straight Outta Samoa to take on Terry Funk and Rey Misterio Jr. and it wasn’t half bad either. Funk and S.O.S put some nice exchanges together and Credible and Misterio had good communication in the ring together. Throughout, The Funker was looking to get his hands on Justin Credible to “teach him some respect” but Ekmo and Kimo were there to intervene at every opportunity. Misterio went back to the basics which had proved useful at Superbrawl as he dazzled all three men with his lightning quickness and looked to have the match won when he nailed Justin Credible with a Flying Hurricanrana but Chavo Guerrero caused a distraction and Rey fell for it, getting dropped across the top rope. Misterio and Funk lost their momentum after that and their opponents took advantage, but even then it was Chavo Guerrero who proved decisive as he crotched Misterio on the top rope, allowing Ekmo to Beale Toss him across the ring for Kimo to nail with a Big Splash for the 1-2-3 as on the outside Funk finally got his hands on Credible. Unfortunately Funk was then subject to a 4 on 1 beatdown after the bell as Chavo joined in with the hail of punches and kicks raining down on the veteran.

(70/61/65)

- THEY AIN’T GETTING LOCKED IN AGAIN -

We go backstage into the locker room of The Natural Born Thrillers. In a funny aside, the locker room door has been left open and has a brick in front of it to stop it from closing thanks to a wind or another force of nature.

Mike Sanders: That son of a bitch! He outsmarted us on Monday and I can’t believe I had to crawl through the vent to get out to the ring for my match with Sid! It was that little SOB’s fault that I lost to Sid on Monday night. So as for what I said on Nitro? Forget it! Chuck Palumbo is going to pay the price for making an enemy of the Natural Born Thrillers.

Mike Sanders nods his head and the other NBT members agree as Thunder goes to a commercial.

(79)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- WHAT A DAY NOT TO COME TO WORK EH DUSTIN? -

“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes vs. Chris Kanyon

The following contest was scheduled for one fall as saw “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes – without his son Dustin who wasn’t here tonight – face off against Chris Kanyon in a match which was hurt partly by Dusty Rhode’s stamina, partly by his in-ring ability and partly by his reluctance to sell for his younger, fitter, better opponent. Kanyon for his part took it all in his stride and adapted as best he could to the situation, allowing Rhodes’ some more offence and selling it well. Rhodes’ in return continued to no-sell most of Kanyon’s offence, only relenting when something really did hurt him and he had to wince or shout in pain. In a stunning twist at the end Bam Bam Bigelow came to the ring and nailed Dusty Rhodes with a steel chair allowing Kanyon to nail the I’m Betta Than You for the 1-2-3. After the bell Dusty was victim of another couple of chairshots and a Swandive Headbutt from Bigelow before Thunder went to commercial.

(48/78/68)

Dusty Rhodes didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

- THE CHOSEN ONE? HE SHOULD CALL HIMSELF THE MESSIAH! -

Thunder heads backstage where “The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett – guitar, glasses and Slapnuts t-shirt all present - is waiting patiently for an interview with “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson.

Scott Hudson: It was at Superbrawl Revenge on February 11th that Jeff Jarrett came oh so close to earning a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Had it not been for an errant chairshot from Sid he may be in the position that Ric Flair is in now, but that has passed and Jeff Jarrett, I know you’re looking to the future….

Jeff Jarrett: Listen here SLAPNUTS Hudson, you’re damn right I’m looking to the future, as I have better things to do with my time, than chase around after some 7 foot tall cripple for retribution. I lost at Superbrawl slapnuts, yeah, I lost. Big goddamn deal Scott Hudson. That was a one off. I’m a winner, but even winners have to lose occasionally. Now tonight I face The Cat, and we’ve all seen that he’s a loser. I mean, did you see him at Superbrawl, that was embarrassing, not just for him, but for WCW. Tonight The Cat’s being taken to the pound to be put down, and I’m giving him the injection.

Thunder goes to a commercial for McDonalds as Jeff Jarrett laughs.

(80)

- HE’S NOT THE MESSIAH, HE’S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY! BUT HE DOES WIN HERE -

“The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett vs. Ernest “The Cat” Miller

We moves along with a quick squash as Jeff Jarrett took on Ernest “The Jobber” Miller in red hot, one on one wrestling action which quickly fizzled out as it was thrown into a bucket of cold water. Jarrett totally controlled the match from start to finish with basic punch-kick stuff as Miller was squeezed for every drop of credibility he had left and it was all over within four minutes as Jarrett nailed The Stroke for the 1-2-3 win and with it went Miller’s career down the drain. Somebody call his momma to pick him up, and stop him from crying.

(61/73/69)

- WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING? WE DON’T EVEN KNOW! -

From one M7 compadré to two more as we head backstage where “Mean” Gene Okerlund is waiting with the WCW World Tag Team Champions (Don’t you love how now they’ve stuck “World” in there?) Scott Steiner and Ric Flair, who stand on opposite sides of Okerlund.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: WCW fans, thank you for tuning into WCW Thunder and it is nearly time for our main event of the evening where the two men with me now, Scott Steiner and Ric Flair, will defend their WCW Tag Team Championship belts against The InSiders. But all the focus over the past weeks has been on the two of you and the twists and turns your relationship has….

Scott Steiner: Listen here Okerlund! Any relationship between Ric Flair and me is OUR business and is no-one elses concern. The fact is, we are the tag team champions and these belts are staying with us.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: But do you really think you can trust each other?

Ric Flair: Listen here “Mean” Gene, whooooooooo! “Big Poppa Pump” and “The Nature Boy” don’t have any problem trusting each other, it is The InSiders and Larry Zbysko, that we don’t trust! They wanna take away the gold! They wanna take away the cars! They want the Magnificent Seven to die a death “Mean” Gene, but it ain’t gonna happen. Whooooooo!

Scott Steiner: Holla if you hear me!

Thunder heads to a final commercial before the main event.

(86)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- “WHAT’S THAT? OH RIGHT, THE MATCH! SORRY, WASN’T THINKING THERE” – KEVIN NASH-

The main event of the evening saw The InSiders look to reclaim their WCW World Tag Team Championships against the new champions Scott Steiner & Ric Flair who also had the added problem of tension in the camp at the moment. But there was an even bigger problem in this match than Steiner and Flair not working together, it had Kevin Nash in it and with every Nash match lately we had the problem of Nash no selling all the offence from his opponents. Fortunately on this occasion Steiner, Flair and Page weren’t going to settle for it and excluded Nash from the match until he was needed at the end. With the over-riding goal being to keep Kevin Nash out of the ring it meant DDP had to do two things. [1] Take an ass kicking and [2] Keep coming back for more, which I am glad to say he did do as Steiner and Flair pummelled the living daylights out of him. For their part though the champs didn’t get along, with the tags between the two degenerating from bare touches through high fives all the way past slaps to pushing each other. This led to the two looking like they would come to blows a couple of times were it not for Midajah keeping them relatively focused on the apron they may have duked it out then and there. At the end Page got the dramatic face comeback and Nash was brought into the match where he NO-SOLD~! a Suplex, then NO-SOLD~! a clothesline and NO-SOLD~! a series of punches from Steiner. With all this NO-SELLING~! Going on, the champs had to do something drastic and Midajah took things into her own hands, nailing Nash with one of the Tag Title belts across the back of the head causing the DQ, but of course this was NO-SOLD~! as well. Following the bell Midajah was about to be laid out by Nash when a low blow was finally sold by Nash and Steiner and Flair retreated to the aisle, their titles if not their alliance, still intact. But then the music of Larry Zbysko hit the PA system…..

(48/92/78)

Kevin Nash basically no-sold everything, which ruined the match.

- CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! -

Larry Zbysko – our ever gracious WCW President – emerges from the backstage area with a microphone in his hand. He accepts the cheers from the crowd before raising the microphone to his lips as he struts around the stage.

Larry Zbysko: Don’t think for a second that the two of you are going to get away with such a blatant disrespect for the rules of this company. Congratulations Midajah, by interfering in this match, you’ve earned yourself a one week suspension! Which is a shame as you won’t be at Nitro to watch Scott Steiner and Ric Flair defend their titles against The InSiders………..in a Hardcore match!

The crowd cheer at this. Finally an excuse for Nash to have to sell something.

Larry Zbysko: With ME as the SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE! Oh yeah!

Thunder leaves the airwaves with Steiner and Flair shaking their heads, Midajah crying, the crowd cheering and The InSiders smiling.

(74)

Ric Flair lost overness from this segment. Kevin Nash lost overness from this segment. Scott Steiner lost overness from this segment. Diamond Dallas Page lost overness from this segment.

Overall Show Rating: 74%

We got a 5.10 rating for 'Thunder'!

The attendance level was 8291 people.

We made $207275 from ticket sales.

WCW MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW!

WCW Monday Nitro heads towards Greed on March 25th with another edition of WCW Monday Nitro! In our main event the WCW Tag Team Titles will be on the line as Ric Flair and Scott Steiner once again defend their titles against The InSiders. Larry Zbysko ordered a 2nd re-match after the champions cheated to win on Thunder.

Also tonight Lance Storm will face Lenny and Mike Awesome will face Lodi in one on one action. Lance Storm and Mike Awesome made their feelings clear on the West Hollywood Blondes on Thunder. What will happen tonight?

Also tonight Rey Misterio Jr. will meet O.G Ekmo one on one. But the presence of Kimo at ringside will be a factor.

On Thunder we saw Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow destroy “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes. No doubt Dustin Rhodes will be looking for his revenge against Kanyon but tonight he will have his hands full with Chris Candido.

All this and more on Nitro!

- Confirmed Matches -

Lenny vs. Lance Storm

Mike Awesome vs. Lodi

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. O.G Ekmo

Dustin Rhodes vs. Chris Candido

WCW Monday Nitro!

Welcome to WCW Monday Nitro! The #2 wrestling show on Monday nights! Tonight we are live from the Chrysler Fieldhouse in New Castle, Indiana, home of the Chrysler HS Trojans! Now we join our announce team for the evening Tony Schiavone and Gary Michael Cappetta!

- “I WILL GET MY HANDS ON YOU CHAVO!” -

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. O.G Ekmo

Our first match of the evening saw Rey Misterio Jr. and O.G Ekmo face each other in a below par match with a weak crowd. Compared to how WCW have opened their shows in recent weeks this was a big let-down as Misterio and Ekmo never found a middle-ground between Misterio’s aerial style and Ekmo’s power and brawling attacks. With Misterio against both Ekmo and Kimo a rhythm was much easier as the numbers game easily dictated the match type but one on one we saw Misterio getting more offence in and so the pace and direction of the match was changing every few minutes. It didn’t stop the two going for 10 minutes though before Rey managed to squeak out a victory with a Victory Roll for the 1-2-3. Unfortunately Misterio was left lying by an angry Ekmo as Nitro headed to commercial.

(69/59/64)

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

- HIS POOR DADDY IS LYING IN A HOSPITAL BED…….. -

Dustin Rhodes vs. Chris Candido

Back from commercial WCW Nitro rolled on with Dustin Rhodes taking on Chris Candido. Schiavone and Cappetta put over the fact that Dusty Rhodes was lying in a hospital bed as they spoke but Rhodes’ didn’t seem to be minding at all as he and Candido engaged in a thoroughly enjoyable 12 minute match which saw some nice technical wrestling from the two put side to side with some back and forth, old style brawling. Dustin even got a kiss out of Tammy Lynn Sytch when she climbed onto the apron to distract Rhodes, which he no doubt enjoyed, although the low blow following it he probably could have done without. Still the match went on even after this blatant break of the rules and even with his “Big Book of Heel Tactics” Candido couldn’t get the victory as Dustin Rhodes nailed a reverse DDT to Candido for the 1-2-3. Following the bell the fans were chanting Dustin’s name as he asked for a microphone from the ring announcer, which he was given.

(82/69/75)

- ……AND HE DOESN’T SEEM TO CARE

Dustin Rhodes paces around the ring for several moments, occasionally looking at the mat and occasionally looking out to the crowd. Eventually he places his left hand on his hip and brings the microphone to his mouth.

Dustin Rhodes: Last week on Thunder, Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow, put my father in a hospital bed. Well, I spoke to my dad earlier today and he told me not to do what I’m about to do, he said to me “Dustin, son, don’t call ‘em out. Don’t cause trouble.” But damnit I’m gonna! Chris Kanyon! Bam Bam Bigelow! Get your asses down to this ring, because what I have to say, I have to say to your faces!

There is silence for a few seconds as the crowd don’t know whether to cheer or not. Eventually the music of Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow hits and the two emerge onto the stage. Bigelow wants to storm the ring but Kanyon calms him and the two then head to the ring. Kanyon slides into the ring and then Bigelow.

Dustin Rhodes: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I said I wanted to talk, so Bigelow, you take that look off your ugly face, I’m not here to fight anybody. I just fought a match against Chris Candido, I don’t want to fight you to, so back off Bigelow. I’m here to talk.

Chris Kanyon asks for a microphone and is given one.

Chris Kanyon: You wanna talk?

Dustin Rhodes: I wanna talk.

Chris Kanyon: What about?

Dustin Rhodes: Well I had something I wanted to say to you and I wanted to do it man to man. I wanted to talk about what you did to my father on Thunder. What you did to my father, I’ll admit was impressive. I mean what the two of you did to him, I mean, wow! You put him into the hospital, and he’s still there! That takes talent my friend, but there’s something I want to tell you right now.

Rhodes approaches Kanyon and gets nose to nose with him. Bigelow looks to interject but is told not to by Kanyon.

Dustin Rhodes: Thank you…….

The crowd, Schiavone and Cappetta can’t understand what Rhodes means, thankfully he’s about to enlighten us.

Dustin Rhodes: Thank you for sending that aged asshole I have the unfortunate duty of calling my father to the hospital, and thank you for making it hurt. As I sat there and I looked at him in that hospital bed and I saw him writhe in pain and call for the nurse, I saw my destiny. Finally a chance to step out of his shadow, finally a chance to be my own man. Finally a chance to make people forget about that man living on past glories and make them realise how better than him I am. Simply Chris Kanyon, I want to say…………..thank you.

The crowd start booing intensely and Rhodes, Kanyon and Bigelow all look around themselves at the crowd.

Dustin Rhodes: And you can all take you boos and shove them up your asses. You all don’t know what I’ve gone through in my life. “The American Dream” never treated me like a son, he treated me, like he treated any other wrestler. I was never his son, I was never his family. I was always, always, just a wrestler. Have you any idea the impact that has on someone? The psychological damage it can do? When your father is on the road 300 days of the year. You never see him! You stay up real late on your birthday just hoping he’ll at least call, but he doesn’t!

By now Rhodes has completely forgotten about Kanyon and Bigelow, instead directly addressing the crowd.

Dustin Rhodes: But you still hope and you still pray that maybe, just maybe he’s waiting to surprise you, but he’s not. He’s out banging some cheap $2 hooker in some piece of crap town while your mom is at home slaving over a hot stove, raising a family and working 2 jobs to keep the food on the table, because the fat piece of shit you call a father doesn’t send any money back home. And all you want to do, is to grow up and be a wrestler because it is the only chance you know you’ll get to see your father. The only chance you’ll get to spend some time with him. But when you do, he doesn’t call you “son”, he doesn’t call you “kid”. He doesn’t even call you “buddy”. He doesn’t call you anything. He doesn’t say he loves you, he doesn’t apologise for all the missed birthdays, for all the missed school plays, for all the missed football games. He doesn’t apologise for anything, and he smiles with that goddamn smile of his and he expects you to be exactly like he wants you to be. He does jack shit to raise you, and then has the gall to be angry when you don’t turn out like he wanted. Well dad you’re watching this, I know you’re watching this and all you people backstage that censor this bullshit better get ready to press that “bleep” button because I’m about to let rip. DAD! You were a lousy *bleep*ing father! You weren’t a father to me dad, you were just a *bleep* and nothing more. *Bleep* you! *Bleep* you dad! I’m not even gonna call you dad from now on. You’re nothing but Dusty to me dad, Dusty Rhodes, “The American Dream”! Lying in a hospital bed, with a drip in his arm and by now no doubt a tear in his eye. *Bleep* you Dusty! *Bleep* you all the way to hell, you fat, uncaring, useless son of a bitch!

Schiavone and Cappetta apologise for the language being used by Dustin Rhodes but it is too late as Rhodes has dropped the microphone and left the ring, leaving a stunned Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow inside. Rhodes backs up the aisle, all the time mouthing “Thank you” to Kanyon and Bigelow. Nitro goes to a commercial with the crowd in shock.

(87)

Dustin Rhodes turn is now completed and he is now a heel. Dustin Rhodes gained overness from this turn. Dustin Rhodes gained overness from this segment.

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

- LANCE AND LENNY, LIVE AND IN LIVING COLOUR! -

Lance Storm vs. Lenny

Following on from the shock of the Dustin turn and the even bigger shock of Andrex toilet paper only $1.99 for a pack of six Nitro tried to shock us even more with Lance Storm and Lenny going toe-to-toe in a quick 6 minute match which saw a repeat of Wednesday night as Lance Storm ran riot over Lenny, stretching him this way and that, each painful hold increasing the calls of “ouchies!” and “owee” from Lenny. Soon Storm – like the rest of us – couldn’t take the punishment to his ear drums anymore and so at 6.12 Lance Storm locked in the Canadian Mapleleaf for the submission victory or rather the “ouch, I give up, don’t hurt me anymore, oweeeee!” After the bell Storm was about to leave when “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson started to rove as he met Storm in the aisle.

(76/65/70)

- HE LIKES BEING SERIOUS DOESN’T HE? -

Hudson trots up to Storm who completely blanks his existence as he heads up the aisle. Hudson follows and eventually Storm turns to Hudson.

Scott Hudson: Well Lance, a great, a great win for you here tonight over Lenny. We all heard your comments on Thunder have you anything new to add?

Lance Storm: If I could be serious for a moment Scott Hudson, what you saw tonight was a continuation of Team Canada’s quest to bring the respect back to this sport. The West Hollywood Blondes are a pox on this company. They suck the respect and legitimacy out of this sport. I’ll admit they are athletes, but they’re not serious. So be taken serious, you have to act like it. What you saw tonight was me being serious and believe me Scott Hudson when I say, that myself and my Canadian compatriots will not be stopped in our goal.

Scott Hudson: Well what about Mike Awesome versus Lodi later on?

Lance Storm: Mike Awesome will do his talking in that ring, I don’t need to do it for him.

Storm quickens his pace leaving Hudson standing in the aisle as Nitro goes to a commercial.

(72)

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

- IT’S…….IT’S……IT’S RODDY PIPER! RODDY PIPER! -

Nitro comes back from commercial and the announcers welcome us back but they’re abruptly cut off by the banging of snare drums. They’re quickly followed by bagpipes until all instruments are engaged in a powerful rendition of “Scotland The Brave” and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper comes out from behind the curtain in his familiar garb to an almighty pop from the crowd! Schiavone and Cappetta nearly have heart attacks as Piper smiles his cheeky grin while chewing his gum. Piper puts his hands on his hips and walks down the aisle as the cheers get louder and louder. “Hot Rod” climbs into the ring and spins around looking at the crowd before taking a microphone from a waiting technician. Piper starts to speak but the crowd drown him out with “RODDY!” chants. Piper looks about him again as Schiavone and Cappetta go apeshit. Eventually the chants die down to a level for Piper to speak….

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: Wow!

The crowd cheer again at their cheers being recognised.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: What a crowd huh? Well ya know, I gotta say that this is a far cry from when ol’ Roddy was at his best!

The crowd is in such a state of shock they’ll cheer anything Piper says right now. He could tell them he was going to eat all their first born and they’d cheer.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: Ah don’t want ya all to get yer hopes up right now because I’m not here to be a returning hero and nuthin’ like that. Yee see, last month, I made a decision in ma life. I made a decision to retire from this whole damn rat race and hit the high road with Mrs. Mack and all the gang!

Schiavone and Cappetta let out a collective gasp with the 8,000 in attendance as Piper continues on.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: Yee see, I was watching this program last month and ah realised that ahm not up to the whole damn game anymore. Mah heart is tellin’ me to stay, but mah head is tellin’ me to go, to hang up the boots, and take that long walk down the aisle one last time! So ah got on the phone, and ah phoned a buddy of mine and asked for this opportunity to say goodbye. Ah had the choice, I coulda gone up north and asked good old Vinny for this shot, but ah didna, and that’s because ah still believe that Dubyoo See Dubyoo is the greatest wrestlin’ company in the world today!

The crowd let out a cheer. Thank goodness they are WCW fans and not just here because tickets were cheap.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: So ah got on the phone and ah called some o’ mah buddies in the back and they said “Sure Roddy, we’ll give you the chance. You done a lot for the business ‘Hot Rod’, let the business give somethin’ back to ya!” So ah hopped on a plane and came down here to say goodbye, and uh….this is mah goodbye and-

“OH NO!” says Schiavone as the music of Chris Kanyon hits and he makes his way out to the ring flanked by Bam Bam Bigelow. “Now what does he want? Can’t be let ‘Hot Rod’ say goodbye in peace?” Kanyon grabs a microphone and walks around the outside of the ring with Bigelow but Kanyon won’t get into the ring.

Chris Kanyon: “Rowdy” Roddy Piper………….’Hot Rod’! I must say this, this is an honour Roddy. This is a real honour. I mean just to get to come out here and talk with you, and to see you in person it’s, it’s a dream come true Roddy. There was a time when I didn’t ever think I’d even get to step into a wrestling ring and now, now I’m here in WCW, with Roddy Piper. You mind if I join you in there?

Piper shakes his head to show he has no objections and Kanyon slides into the ring slowly.

Chris Kanyon: Wow, me and Roddy Piper in the same ring, I can’t quite believe this. Can I, can I just shake your hand? Please? Can I just shake your hand?

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: Now wait a minute there boy, ah saw what you did to Dusty Rhodes last week, and ah ain’t letting it happen to me.

Chris Kanyon: Oh now come on, Dusty gave me a reason Roddy, you, you’re a hero of mine! I’m not gonna attack you. Now Bam Bam on the other hand…….

Roddy comes to the realisation that he’s lost track of Bigelow and turns into a big right hand from Bam Bam Bigelow. Piper drops to the mat and covers up as Bigelow and Kanyon start stomping away at the chest and stomach of ‘Hot Rod’. Kanyon and Bigelow pull Piper up and Bigelow hooks him from behind, allowing Kanyon to punch away at Roddy. Piper drops to all fours and Chris Kanyon removes his belt from his trousers and Kanyon whips Piper across the back with the belt. Once! Twice! Three times! Wait a second! The music of Sid starts up and the big man charges to the ring. Bigelow tries to stop him but gets met with a big right hand sending Bigelow to the mat. Kanyon considers the pros and cons of fighting Sid and rolls from the ring as Sid bounds across at him. Kanyon and Bigelow regroup on the outside and look to leave but then the music of Larry Zbysko hits as Piper is helped to his feet by Sid.

Larry Zbysko: Alright you lot, break it up right now! Sid, if you want to get at Chris Kanyon so bad then why not face him in the ring tonight? What do you say Roddy, feel up to one last match?

Piper picks up the fallen microphone.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: Me and Sid against those two?

Larry Zbysko: That’s the idea.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: Count me in!

And with that the match was signed. Sid & Roddy Piper versus Chris Kanyon & Bam Bam Bigelow, tonight!

(80)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- CANADIANS TWO FOR TWO FOR THE EVENING -

Mike Awesome vs. Lodi

Nitro kept grinding on with the second Team Canada vs. WHB match of the evening which saw Mike Awesome completely and utterly destroy Lodi in a little over 2 minutes of a 110% squash match. Lodi didn’t get in a single piece of offence as Awesome ran through the 7 most impressive moves in his repertoire before nailing the Awesome Bomb for the 1-2-3. The fans just don’t like the West Hollywood Blondes for some reason so it looks like WCW are trying to get rid of them.

(74/62/68)

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

- THEY NEED TO BE TAUGHT SOME RESPECT! -

Nitro comes back from commercial to the grunting face of Sid. The camera zooms out until he is joined in the shot by “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and “Mean” Gene Okerlund.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Earlier tonight, in a shock to us all here in World Championship Wrestling, ‘Hot Rod’ himself, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper returned to WCW, not to chase a championship, but rather he shocked us with the news of his retirement. But that was all ruined by Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow who saw fit to attack him. Roddy how are you feeling right now?

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: Well ya know “Mean” Gene, you look good by the way, ya know, Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow can bring aw the fight they want to, but it won’t be enough. Me and Sid here are gonna show those two lil’ punks a thing or two about respect.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Is this how you really wanted to say goodbye?

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: “Mean” Gene, I’ve spent the best part o’ mah life inside that ring. Now ah know ahm not in the best o’ shape. I know ah’ve got a lil’ beer belly coming in and mah legs aren’t what they once were, but ah know ah’ve got enough left for one last match. Those two need to be taught some respect, and tonight me and Sid are gonna be teachin’ ‘em.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Well Sid, we’ve seen you and Chris Kanyon have your own problems in the last week or two as well?

Sid: Chris Kanyon has been a thorn in my side “Mean” Gene and with every passing day he gets bigger and bigger, annoying me more and more. Tonight what he did to ‘Hot Rod’ was beyond the pail, so tonight, thanks to Larry Zbysko, I am going to beat the living hell out of Kanyon and Bigelow.

(84)

- GOODBYE RODDY, WE WON’T FORGET YOU -

Sid & “Rowdy” Roddy Piper vs. Chris Kanyon & Bam Bam Bigelow

Nitro rumbled on its way down the track showcasing the final in-ring appearance of “Rowdy” Roddy Piper as he teamed with Sid against Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow. After what had happened earlier tonight with Dustin Rhodes and then with Piper the fans were staring to get sick of seeing Kanyon and Bigelow tonight and so they weren’t very responsive when they saw them again in the ring. The match wasn’t much good either as Kanyon tried to carry the match for the most part but Piper did put his heart and soul into this as he busted out everything he knew for the fans. Piper played the isolated face for the most part with Sid the victim of taunts from Kanyon and Bigelow on the apron. The timid crowd finally rallied behind Piper when he made his big comeback near the end but even after the hot tag to Sid the crowd wasn’t at all remotely “hot”. Just when it looked like Piper was going to go out on a high note Dustin Rhodes charged the ring and nailed Sid across the back with a steel chair. Bigelow came off the top with a Headbutt to the back of Sid’s head and the pin got the 1-2-3. Following the bell Rhodes shook hands with Kanyon and Bigelow and Schiavone mentioned that the three looked like the three had formed an alliance of sorts.

(57/66/63)

Sid lost overness from this match. Bam Bam Bigelow gained overness from this match.

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

- ZBYSKO FORCED TO COUNT THE THREE -

The main event of the evening was the third time in two weeks that Scott Steiner and Ric Flair took on The InSiders with the WCW World Tag Team Titles on the line, but this time it was kept fresh with it being an anything goes hardcore match with Larry Zbysko as the special guest referee. Pity it didn’t help at all as the match still stunk as much as it was ever going to, but at least with this match Kevin Nash sold his opponent’s offence! With the anything goes rules it meant that all 4 men were involved at once which meant that very rarely were Flair and Page allowed to get on with wrestling a straight match without interruptions and the styles of all four men here didn’t really lend themselves to a hardcore match like we have come to expect. For the most part this was just a brawl with the occasional chairshot or fire extinguisher being let off. All the while Larry Zbysko did all he could to annoy Steiner and Flair but while Zbysko did win many battles during the match, it was the champions who won the war and had the last laugh as Scott Steiner knocked out DDP with a chairshot and Zbysko was forced to count the 1-2-3, even though he hated to. Scott Steiner laughed in the face of Larry Zbysko, both his titles in his hands as Nitro went off the air.

(49/90/77)

We got a 5.48 rating for 'Monday Nitro'!

The attendance level was 8266 people.

We made $206650 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 7.13 television rating for 'RAW'!

The event was attended by 9019 people.

They made $360760 from ticket sales.

Edited by ADGray

Brilliantly well written heel promo for Dustin there Ad. Really brilliant. I'm really enjoying this - it's set out in an efficient, easy to read way that doesn't affect the depth or quality of writing. Really awesome promo - and the Rhodes/Kanyon/Bigelow alliance looks promising, I hope for a Kanyon push. Not too sure on the return of Piper - I fucking hate that guy.

Good work, keep it up - this is one of the best on here.

The Diary of Andrew Duncan Gray

February 26th 2001

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me

”Happy birthday mate.”

I hadn’t expected this as he handed me the small parcel wrapped in paper decorated with the Saltire on half and the Union Flag on half.

”I can never remember which side you fall on so I killed two birds with one stone.”

I ripped the Saltire side completely off, scrunched it up and threw it away, leaving the Union side alone.

”You know you’re the only person to have wished me a happy birthday today.”

”I'm the only person that knows it’s your birthday.”

”That’s true I suppose Roddy. Listen thanks for what you did out there.”

”Don't mention it, I enjoyed havin' one last match.”

”Just a shame you’re retiring, I could really use a guy like you round here.”

”How?”

”A friend. Someone to help me in my struggles.”

”You gettin’ tempted again?”

”Huh what?”

”Tempted.”

”No nothing like that. Just dealing with all the politics.”

”That’s one o’ the reasons I’m chucking it all in mate. Can’t deal with it all anymore.”

”I envy you.”

”You're talkin’ nonsense pal. You stick with this, you’ll turn it around. Always do.”

”I’m starting to wonder if it’s all worth it though.”

”Look Andy, you managed to do in two months what people like Bitch-off couldn't in three years. Hell Nash waivin’ his pay, whit the fuck did you give him to get him to agree to that?”

Good point.

”I didn’t give him anything. Although I’m looking into the side effects of Ritalin right now.”

”Aye. Here, what do you say to a drink? What was it you drink these days?”

”Orange juice. Can’t stand the stuff though.”

”That’s it, c’mon, two orange juices. I’ll buy.”

”That’s a first.”

”It’s yer birthday.”

”Alright, let’s do it.”

And so we did, heading out into the night for an orange juice. Countless places passed us by as people slowly sipped at the poison in front of them in pint glasses and smoked their death sticks. I remarked this to Roddy and all he could say was ”You still talk to that punk Punk don’t ya?”, referring to CM Punk who I had got to know when he was training in Chicago with Ace Steel. After my ‘bout’ he came to see me and we talked a lot. Still do.

”Yeah I still talk to him when I can. Not talked in a few months now with this whole job goin’ on.”

”How’s he doin’?”

”Pretty good, getting booked in the south a lot. Heard he got a horrid reaction up in New York. Went to criticise all the fans for being lager louts and what not, turned out it was corporate entertainment, so it was strictly one scotch then back to work making millions people. Not gonna get booked up there in a hurry now.”

”Ouch.

”Yeah well he was in MAW last year, don’t know where he is now. Gotta talk to him.”

”Maybe hire him, he’d be a friend.”

”Yeah well, wouldn’t have to worry about this one killing himself if I didn’t.”

”………”

”Sorry, that was in bad taste.”

We eventually found a place, a small café open late. No orange juice and I’m trying to stay off anything addictive to coffee and tea were out. I settled for a Cola, caffeine free.

”Bleh, this thing is disgusting.”

”So some of the boys were talking about the meeting today.”

”Oh God……..”

”Didn’t go well I take it?”

”It couldn’t have gone worse.”

”Tell me about it.”

”Well first of all…….

*WAYNE’S WORLD STYLE FLASHBACK EFFECT, (me in red without italics is talking to Roddy)* (Colours of me and Roddy reversed by accident)

”I’m sitting there for I dunno maybe half an hour, on my own, no one around, then who should walk in………..”

”What is nobody else here yet?”

”You’re late Kevin.”

”Compared to everyone else I’m early.”

”Just sit down.”

”So he was half an hour late?”

”Yup, anyway after about 10 minutes of me and him sitting in absolute silence in comes everyone else, except Jeff Jarrett. He isn’t in the building. Stuck in traffic I’m told.

”Where the hell have you been?”

”Yeah we’ve been waiting here forty minutes.”

Can we get down to business please? Everyone take a seat.”

”Uh, I can’t stay.”

”You what? Why not?”

”Well I’m not booked tonight so I’d prefer if I didn’t have to stay here.

”Fine Lex, go.”

”So Luger just left?

”What was I supposed to do? He isn’t getting paid anything, I should be happy he even bothered to turn up to leave again, and then…”

”Is it okay if I leave too?”

”But you’re booked tonight Scott!”

”I know, but I gotta be somewhere. Later.”

”Okay so Lex and Scott have walked out. That leaves who?”

”Ric, Nash and DDP.”

”Nice little group of politicians there.”

”Well not all of them. Nash is the worst. Anyway, so we’re four men down, our champ has walked out, Jarrett is stuck in traffic, Dusty Rhodes is on his time off and Nash is using this as a chance to get some real power going.

”Translation: Have a wee bitch about the guys who aren't there.”

”Precisely.”

”I can’t believe you’re keeping the belt on that guy.”

”Can we not get into this now?”

”That’s low Kevin, talking about him as soon as he leaves.”

”Look can we-?

”Best time to do it.”

”Hello-?”

”Look all I’m saying is that guy with the World Title isn’t good for business.”

”And you would be?”

”Better than you Ric.”

”Oh Jesus.”

”Exactly. I was fucked.”

”What happened next?”

”I won’t bore you with the details, but DDP lay back in his chair and let it all happen, I tried to play peacemaker but Nash and Flair were constantly at each others throats!”

”They were a lil’ stiff in the match with each other.”

”Yeah, but this is going on for I dunno, an hour, maybe an hour and a half, bitch, bitch, bitch, snipe, snipe, snipe, whine, whine, whine. I’ve had enough so I stand up right in the middle of one of Nash’s insults-“

”Which he nicked from a book.”

”Yeah, right in the middle of it, I stand up so quickly my chair crashes to the floor, I don’t even pick it up I just walk out.”

”Hey where you going?”

”The meeting’s over.”

Edited by ADGray

WCW Thunder Preview

With every show World Championship Wrestling gets closer and closer to Greed on Sunday March 25th and tonight we present Thunder! In our main event Scott Steiner, Ric Flair & Jeff Jarrett face The InSiders and Sting! What a main event that will be!

But WCW has so much more to offer than that as tonight Rey Misterio Jr. will meet with Larry Zbysko to plead his case for why he should get a shot at Chavo Guerrero Jr. Chavo on the other hand will be at ringside as Straight Outta Samoa look to continue their rise up the tag team rankings when they face The West Hollywood Blondes.

Also tonight “The Franchise” Shane Douglas and Curt Hennig will both be in action. We saw the two exchange words over the US Title, will anything further happen tonight?

Far from his sneaky antics of recent weeks tonight Chuck Palumbo will be in the squared circle as he goes one on one with Disco Inferno. The NBT will be watching but will they look for revenge against Palumbo? They have promised to finish Palumbo, will it be “game over” tonight?

On Monday night we saw a darker side of Dustin Rhodes as he thanked Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow for injuring his father and then helped Kanyon and Bigelow to defeat Sid and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper in tag team competition. Tonight we’ll hear from this new alliance!

On Nitro Team Canada made their goals clear. Tonight Elix Skipper looks to continue their momentum when he faces AJ Styles!

Plus! As of late Larry Zbysko has been overworked so he has appointed his own Personal Assistant in the beautiful Stacy Kiebler. Will we see Kiebler tonight? What jobs will she be entrusted with?

- Confirmed Matches -

Scott Steiner, Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett vs. The InSiders and Sting

Straight Outta Samoa vs. The West Hollywood Blondes

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas vs. Norman Smiley

Chuck Palumbo vs. Disco Inferno

Elix Skipper vs. AJ Styles

Edited by ADGray

WCW THUNDER

WCW Thunder comes at you tonight from The Wesch Center in beautiful Green Bay, Wisconsin. Mike Tenay and Gary Michael Cappetta are your hosts!

- SKIPPER KEEPS THE MOMENTUM GOING BUT NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT -

Elix Skipper vs. AJ Styles

Thunder opened with cruiserweight wrestling as is the norm which saw Elix Skipper of Team Canada take on AJ Styles of Air Raid in an enjoyable 8 minute match with a lot of flipping and flopping about the ring by as the two men engaged in a game of “anything you can do, I can do better” as Skipper nailed a move, only for Styles to come back and hit one of his own, then Skipper would retaliate with something equally amazing. Despite this the crowd wasn’t very responsive and Skipper and Styles upped the ante even more with Styles taking a sick bump to the outside off the top rope which didn’t even get a rise out of the fans Styles fall in front of. Eventually the two decided to call an end to their match and Elix Skipper got the victory with a Bridge Suplex for the 1-2-3 after 8.17.

(92/51/71)

- MISTERIO PLEADS HIS CASE -

Thunder goes backstage and we get a close-up of a door with a gold plate on it engraved with “WCW President”. As the camera zooms out we see Rey Misterio Jr. leaning against the wall just beside the door. He sighs despairingly and then the door opens and Stacy Kiebler pokes her head round the door.

Stacy Kiebler: You can come in now.

Kiebler steps out to allow Misterio in and then notices the clasp on his right shoe is undone so she bends over to fix it as Thunder goes to commercial. I love WCW…….

(76)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- RUN CHUCK! RUN! NO DON’T RESORT TO VIOLENCE! -

Chuck Palumbo vs. Disco Inferno

Thunder returned from commercial and the fans were treated to Chuck Palumbo completely destroying Disco Inferno in a quick 4 minute match. Rumours say that Inferno is thinking of hanging up the boots and taking another role within the company and from this match they may be true as Inferno did his best to put over Palumbo, who got the victory with the Jungle Kick for the 1-2-3. After the bell Johnny The Bull and Reno charged the ring but Palumbo spotted them and managed to escape through the crowd, but not before throwing a chair into the face of Reno.

(80/65/72)

- THIS ISN’T AN ALLIANCE BASED ON FRIENDSHIP, THIS IS AN ALLIANCE BASED ON POWER

Tenay mentions the match we’ve just seen before he is cut off by the overture of a new piece of theme music, heralding the arrival of Dustin Rhodes, Chris Kanyon & Bam Bam Bigelow. Tenay mentions the way these three allied themselves on Monday night as they come to the ring. They enter the ring and it is Kanyon who takes a microphone. Bigelow seconds him while Rhodes stands in a corner, shouting abuse at one particular fan.

Chris Kanyon: Hello Cincinnati! On Monday night “Rowdy” Roddy Piper said farewell to the WCW faithful by losing to Bam Bam and me in a tag team match. “Hot Rod” himself said goodbye to all of you out there by being what he was his entire life! His entire career! A loser! And in the process of that match, a new alliance was born. A new power has arisen in World Championship Wrestling and make no mistake that’s what this alliance is. This isn’t an alliance based on friendship, this is an alliance based on power. There is strength in numbers, and together our strength is tripled. Now we’ve all got our own goals in World Championship Wrestling, but rest assured, we will be there to back each other up when needed. WCW look out, there’s a new power you have to contend with.

(75)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- QUICK LENNY, SEND AN S.O.S! OKAY SWEETIE! -

Straight Outta Samoa vs. The West Hollywood Blondes

Back to the ring went Thunder to watch the utter and total annihilation of the West Hollywood Blondes by Straight Outta Samoa. One again the crowd hated The WHB and cheered all offence against them which threw off Ekmo & Kimo a little as they were used to being booed in their matches before this. I can’t help but feel sorry for the WHB. They’re working their damndest for no pay and still get treated like shit. Ekmo and Kimo were their usual selves, displaying an array of power moves before ending the match with the Big Splash from Kimo to Lodi after 5.14 for the 1-2-3.

(89/58/73)

Lenny lost overness from this match. Lodi lost overness from this match. Kimo gained overness from this match. O.G. Ekmo gained overness from this match.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- SMILEY AIN’T ALL SMILES -

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas vs. Norman Smiley

Our next match saw “The Franchise” Shane Douglas face Norman Smiley in a match which at 7 minutes was about 5 minutes too long. Douglas and Smiley did try but just couldn’t find a rhythm and the fans knew it and shat all over it in response. Still the two went on undeterred with Smiley being his usual “I’ll take an asskicking” self as Douglas beat him around the ring like a bad habit before finishing it with the Pittsburgh Plunge for the 1-2-3. After the bell “The Franchise” joined Tenay and Cappetta at the broadcast booth to get a good look at Curt Hennig who was going to be up next.

(66/61/63)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- DOUGLAS AT RINGSIDE AS HENNIG SHOWS HIS SKILLS -

With Shane Douglas at ringside Curt Hennig came out to take on David Flair in another quick match, who’s only purpose was to set up what would happen after the bell. Hennig came out firing on all cylinders and caught Flair off guard and the young Flair never managed to get into his stride because of it. Hennig beat him about with a variety of moves for a few minutes before snapping the neck with his flyover sit-down neck twinge thing move (I don’t know what it’s called!) and then Hennig finished off wee Davie with the Hennig-Plex for the 1-2-3. After the bell, in a moment of madness, Hennig took his eyes off “The Franchise” who darted from the broadcast table into the ring and the two started going at it. Hennig was getting the better of it until Jerry Lynn appeared from the back with a steel chair and charged the ring. Hennig turned into a chair shot and “The Franchise” got laid out with one as well. Lynn then dropped the steel chair, grabbed the WCW United States Championship from the mat and left with it!

(65/70/68)

- IF YOU WHEEEEEEEEEEEL…… -

Thunder heads back to the announce table where Mike Tenay and Gary Michael Cappetta look to be in a very sombre mood. One would say almost muted:

Mike Tenay: Well fans as we saw last week on Thunder, Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow injured “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes and he was sent to the local medical facility. Then on Monday Nitro we saw Dustin Rhodes, Dusty Rhodes’ son, thank the two for what they did, well it is my pleasure right now to welcome Dusty Rhodes who is speaking with us over satellite from that medical facility. Dusty thanks for joining us.

Dusty Rhodes: It ees mah pleasure Mike Tenay.

Mike Tenay: Dream, we saw on Monday night the despicable turn of face by your own son Dustin Rhodes and then earlier tonight we heard from his new found ally Chris Kanyon. What is going through your head right now?

Dusty Rhodes: Wheeel Mike Tenay, that ees a very good question. What ees goin’ throo the head of “The Amewican Dweam”? I pity my son Michael, I feel sowwy for my son Mike Tenay. He gone, he gone down a dark path, he took the wrong turn when he got above the cloooouuuds, and he ain’t heading for heaven, no sir. He heading to the sun Mike Tenay, and when you get to close to the sun Mike Tenay, you get burned, and mah son, he gonna get burned, and “The Amewican Dweam”, he ain’t gonna be there to help any more.

Mike Tenay: Well Dream um, your son has referenced your past and he’s sure to be listening down is there anything you want to say directly to your son?

Dusty Rhodes: Yes dere is Mike Tenay, now ah know mah son gonna wanna try to make himself look beeger, make himself look better than “The Amewican Dweam”, ah kno that he wanna face me in the ring, cause it like he say Mike Tenay, he been in a shadow, but where he be now is darker than any shadow. He now wanna step into the spotlight, and he thinks he gotta go throo me to get there. Well ah ain’t lettin’ ma son fall deeper into the disease po-sessing his miiind. Ah ain’t gonna step into the ring with you boy, ah ain’t, and you hearin’ me right, ahm calling you “son”! Ah ain’t fighting you kid, because you be family.

Mike Tenay: Dusty Rhodes, thank you very much and we all wish you a speedy recovery.

(81)

*COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- THEY CAN’T TRUST EACH OTHER MIKE! -

Scott Steiner, Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett vs. The InSiders and Sting

The main event of the evening saw the first time the crowd could even be remotely described as “hot” as Scott Steiner, Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett looked to show the dominance the Seven held over WCW by defeating The InSiders and Sting in a six man tag match, which while containing all the standard stuff, did it well enough to keep the crowd interested. Steiner and Flair again weren’t completely comfortable in each others company and as per usual now they found themselves in the “almost hit a team-mate but stopped at the last possible second” spot during it before moving up to the “accidental” mis-communication leading to a close fall spot. In this case Steiner nailed Flair accidentally with a clothesline and Sting got a close two out of it. Still the M7 representatives were dominant for most of the match with the more capable of the group (Flair, Jarrett, Page and Sting) involved for the most part. Steiner and Nash when they were involved kept it simple (read: boring) and so they weren’t involved for long and not at all against each other. Flair and Sting put on a nice continuation of where the “Time Crisis” left off while Page and Jarrett relived their 2000 series without Arquette this time. In the end the mistrust between Steiner and Flair cost them the win. After a ref bump Flair brought a steel chair into the ring but Steiner turned to face him thinking Flair was about to doublecross him. The two started a vicious exchange of words during which time the referee recovered. DDP pulled Flair to the mat dropping the chair and Sting managed to roll up Scott Steiner to get the 1-2-3 pinfall victory for his team. As Thunder went off the air Tenay and Cappetta found just enough time to mention that Chavo Guerrero Jr. would defend his WCW Cruiserweight Championship against Rey Misterio Jr. at Greed before Thunder went off the air.

(68/88/82)

Overall Show Rating: 76%

We got a 4.69 rating for 'Thunder'!

The attendance level was 8308 people.

We made $207700 from ticket sales.

OOC: Don’t know how to introduce this, just thought I’d clue you in to the EWR universe as it is right now, with its first major changes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

ROB FEINSTEIN BUYS NEWLY CREATED PROMOTION!

“Hardcore wasn’t needed, pure wrestling was the way to go!” says Feinstein

Rob Feinstein – a former worker with ECW and various Jersey independents – has purchased newly opened promotion Danger And Violence Extreme [DAVE] from the consortium that launched it after only 2 days in existence. Feinstein has already signed up a 30 man roster and they look set to run their first event opposite WCW Greed on March 25th. The card for the show, entitled “DAVE Thunder Kiss 65” has been released by Feinstein and as can be seen, Feinstein is using an awful lot of young talent.

DAVE World Heavyweight Championship

Johnny B. Badd vs. Super Crazy vs. Danny Doring vs. James Maritato

DAVE World Tag Team Championship

Brock Lesnar & Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian York & Joey Matthews vs. The Backseat Boys [Johnny Kashmere & Trent Acid]

Scoot Andrews vs. Johnny Smith

Tony Mamaluke vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri

Chris Harris vs. Taiyo Kea – Intercontinental Challenge Match

Christopher Daniels vs. “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson

With some of the best independent workers on the planet signed up to work with DAVE, this new promotion looks like it is on the way up.

You bitch! You stole my column name! Not that anything would've ever gotten done, but still.

Anyway, nice job on Thunder, as usual. And a nice job changing the whole Piper thing so that your average non-Scotsman can actually read it without spending five minutes trying to break down the speech.

Nice build-up for Greed so far. Flair VS Steiner should be (to quote everyone's favourite Tough Enough failure) "off the chain", and I like the whole alliance between Dustin Rhodes, Chris Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow. Just have Bigelow squash somebody... And soon.

WCW MONDAY Nitro Preview

What a week we’ve just seen in WCW and now we’re only 3 weeks away from WCW Greed on March 25th. On Thunder we saw Scott Steiner, Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett lose to The InSiders and Sting when Ric Flair and Scott Steiner got into a war of words over Flair’s intentions. What will happen tonight when Ric Flair steps into the ring one on one against Sting in our main event of the evening?

Also on Thunder we heard from Dusty Rhodes from his hospital bed on the comments made by his own son. “The American Dream” has discharged himself from hospital and will be at the arena tonight! What will happen when he and his son – Dustin Rhodes - are in the same building tonight? And will Dusty get involved when his son goes one on one with Sid? Will Chris Kanyon? We know Kanyon and Sid are having their problems and the new group of Kanyon, Rhodes and Bigelow share more than one common enemy it seems.

Speaking of Chris Kanyon, his partner Bam Bam Bigelow will be in action tonight as he faces Ernest “The Cat” Miller.

On Thunder Chuck Palumbo managed to escape from being the unfortunate victim of a beatdown from the Natural Born Thrillers. Tonight will Palumbo be at the arena as Sean O’Haire goes one on one with General Rection?

The eye of Chavo Guerrero Jr. has healed completely and he has been given the all clear to wrestle, and now we know he has to as we heard on Thunder that WCW President Larry Zbysko has made the match everybody wants to see. Chavo Guerrero Jr. versus Rey Misterio Jr. at WCW Greed for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship!

Things escalated in the hunt for the WCW United States Championship on Wednesday night when during a brawl between “The Franchise” Shane Douglas and Curt Hennig, Jerry Lynn came to the ring and knocked both men out with steel chair shots before grabbing the WCW United States Championship and leaving with it! What will happen tonight when all three men are in the arena?

- Confirmed Matches -

Ric Flair vs. Sting

Dustin Rhodes vs. Sid

Sean O’Haire vs. General Rection

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Ernest “The Cat” Miller

Lance Storm & Elix Skipper vs. Shane Helms & Shannon Moore

The Diary of Andrew Duncan Gray

March 5th 2001

I could have been an accountant but NO! I had to be a wrestler!

”Yes Mr. Turner he’s just entered my office this very second………..yeah can you put it in the machine thanks?.....Yes Mr. Turner, I’ll take a look at it………What? Two tapes? What’s the second one for? A….a vignette? To air tonight? We’ve to tape a vignette to air tonight! He’ll arrive at two o'clock? Sir I’ve not even seen the guy before! He’s a what?!?!?!?!?! Mr. Turner, I uh……I have to go.”

The television had just sprung to life and the tape started to play………..

”Is this thing on?”

”YES!”

”G’day………”

Right then and there I got out my dictaphone.

”Note to self, new steroid freak, no Steve Irwin impersonations!”

”………..this is my tape.”

”and this is my apathy face. Well get on with it man!”

And so he did, as he showed me just why he shouldn’t be hired. Punch, kick, bodyslam, blood curdling scream, apology. And so it went like that for near half an hour. After about 15 minutes Sophie popped her head in the door, she noticed the tape.

”Who’s that?”

”The biggest waste of space to set foot inside a wrestling ring since The Master Blasters.”

”Right, you want anything from Starbucks?”

”No I’m good.”

Good? How on earth could I possibly be feeling good? Ted fucking Turner had just thrown this 300lb useless sack of Kangaroo shit onto my lap and expected me to ignore the smell and mould it into some kind of wonderful creation. But no amount of air freshener would help here, shit was shit, and this was shit.

”Boss?”

”Thought you’d gone for lunch?”

”I’m going now, Kevin Nash is outside.”

”Take him with you.”

I couldn’t be bothered even trying to deal with Kevin Nash right now. I had bigger things to worry about. As hard as it is to believe, Kevin Nash is no longer to worst wrestler in the employ of World Championship Wrestling……………

Edited by ADGray