Rock Against Bush

apsham

Pennywise and Less than Jake need to be shot, ASAP.

This is just typical left-wing garble. Bitch and moan about the president using vague references with no back-up. "The President sucks cock, I hate his guts".

Hell, if you are going to buy something like that go and buy "Nevermind the Bullocks Here Comes the Sex Pistols" and replace "God Save the Queen" with "God Save George Bush". Same thing, different time.

The CD comes with a DVD with some clips from documentaries about the 2000 Election, War on Iraq, etc, a couple of music videos, some 30 second adverts and some stand up comedian thaking the piss out of George Bush. The album sleeve even has 40 reasons to why you should hate George Bush, and also contains a bit at the start written by Fat Mike on why he hates George Bush.

So there goes the idea that all of the bands are just saying "We hate Bush" for the sake of hating Bush.

Ill agree with the people who say that some of the bands shouldn't even be on here (Sum41? New Found Glory? The Ataris? Their songs on here are just average, with the exception of The Ataris who go way below average - They should never cover Bad Religion again. I wish Propagandhi were still on the CD though.) but to simply say that they are doing it to make themselves appear more serious and intelligent with politics is completly unfounded.

That said though PunkRockPete, I decided not to directly insult you. I could never insult an Operation Ivy fan :D

Oh, and on Good Charlotte being on Volume 2 - I went to see NOFX last week at the Brixton Academy. Halfway through the NOFX set, Fat Mike gets up and goes "Good Charlotte. What a bunch of fucking pussies. A month ago they were going 'Oh yeah this Rock Against Bush thing, we are gonna do it, we are gonna do it.' Last week they phoned me up and said 'We can't do it, our record label said we shouldnt'"

And then he mentioned something about the Foo Fighters, Bad Religion and No Doubt (For fucks sake. Unless its one of their old ska songs, or them actually performing a new ska song, whats the fucking point) being confirmed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personalym I find the music on the CD kind of bad, if they really wanna get their message accross, they need to use better bands.

You mean, to get through to you, they should use bands you like. This CD wasn't about entertaining people as much as giving artists a voice with other artists to express their thoughts on Bush

This is just typical left-wing garble. Bitch and moan about the president using vague references with no back-up. "The President sucks cock, I hate his guts".

I echo FunkAsPuck on this one.

BTW, Punk In Drublic is the best reverse NOFX reference.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...e=ATVPDKIKX0DER

i pissed myself reading most thes reviews, it´s fun how people barly listen to lyrics - even if it´s their own languagae, but wen the cover is against the american hitler impression everyone starts crying like fat grannies did in WW2 wen someone said hitler was a bad guy. ("i love the bands but with that album title i lost all respect to them")

if i wouldend know that a big number of americans were on the streets against bush i already would belive that countinend wold loos an IQ contest vs bread

I'm not going to buy this CD, because, well...there are better CD's out there for me to buy...

but with that said, I would like to commend these groups for putting this together and expressing their beliefs.

Just because YOU may not like the bands on this disc, doesn't mean that SOMEONE ELSE isn't going to pick it up, listen to it, and actually take into consideration the fact that Bush is indeed the most moronic man ever to hold office in the United States.

Maybe if they wanted to broaden their scope, they should release similar CD's in Metal style, and rap, and country music, just to appease all of the people who don't seem to like this more mainstream Punk representation of the youth of today (many of whom ARE politically aware, and many of whom PROBABLY agree with the purpose of the CD.)

By going with the more mainstream groups, as well as adding a few non-mainstream groups, what they have done is appealed to a wider audience. For every one person who doesn't buy this disc because of the fact that the groups aren't the best representation of punk rock, there will be three or four people who buy this disc because this is all they know about Punk rock.

BTW: The Ataris > j00.

The Offspring, Anti-Flag, New Found Glory, Pennywise, NOFX, Less Than Jake, The Ataris... goddamn all you need is Rancid and this would be the worst CD ever.

Minus Rancid, NOFX, LTJ, Pennywise (Pre-Full Circle) and Anti-Flag from that list and I would agree with you.

Other than that, to each his own I suppose. Although im not going to state my opinion as fact.

Guest Deputy Van Halen

Holy shit, how elitist do some of you want to be? By some of your logic, any band that doesn't ordinarily express political views shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions. Pull your heads out of your asses, they have every right to. If you don't like the bands, thats up to you, but just because they're not ordinarily political does NOT mean they're not allowed to express opinions.

And Good Charlotte have pulled out of Volume 2.

I thought this was 'Rock Against Bush' not 'Pop (Not) Punk Against Bush' Infact I'm sick of the label pop-punk, what do New Found Glory have to do with punk? Is it because they die their hair, or maybe its the way they dress. Without sounding like some sort of snob, these bands are nothing to do with punk - they are just as conformist as any pop artist. Except Anti-Flag.

Wow, how daring, how contraversial - jump on the Bush bandwagon. I really wish people would stop bleating the Bush is satan garbage. Shit, if America hates him that much he'll get voted out of office. These bands should develop their own opinions instead of blindly following shit spewed by propagandists like Michael Moore - do these bands offer any opinons on who should be president? No.

Don't get me wrong I'm in no way right wing, or a supporter of Bush, or the war etc. But I just feel they should grow the fuck up. I bet you Bush still gets elected, despite how much everyone 'hates' him.

On a musical note about 90% of that CD sounds like awful, generic power pop.

Guest Deputy Van Halen

OK, maybe NFG have nothing to do with punk, does it mtter? New Found Glory have an opinion which they have every right to share. Does them being conformist mean their opinion is less valid? I don't partiularly like their music but that doesn't mean I think they're just bandwagon jumping.

The bands HAVE developed their own opinions. Just because they're similar to some other bands' opinions makes them bandwagon jumpers? Quite frankly, you do sound like a fucking snob, "Oh no, a band that isn't punk are doing something with some punk bands". Grow the fuck up.

I thought this was 'Rock Against Bush' not 'Pop (Not) Punk Against Bush' Infact I'm sick of the label pop-punk, what do New Found Glory have to do with punk? Is it because they die their hair, or maybe its the way they dress. Without sounding like some sort of snob, these bands are nothing to do with punk - they are just as conformist as any pop artist. Except Anti-Flag.

Wow, how daring, how contraversial - jump on the Bush bandwagon. I really wish people would stop bleating the Bush is satan garbage. Shit, if America hates him that much he'll get voted out of office. These bands should develop their own opinions instead of blindly following shit spewed by propagandists like Michael Moore - do these bands offer any opinons on who should be president? No.

I completly agree. Once you become a pop-punk band you are not allowed to form an opinion of politics, and any chance you have to express those views will be shunned simply because you play a style of music a bunch of elitist wankers don't like altogether.

Grow up.

So what if a bunch of people hate George Bush. Are you not allowed to do that now? Would you prefer that they would shut up and do "what they are supposed to do"? And how is the "Bush is Satan" stuff garbage? Do you actually know why these people hate him so much? Have you read PunkVoter.com, or anything inside the CD sleeve to WHY they hate him? How do you know who they want as President? I mean you have thrown out all of these assumptions about why they are doing this, so obviously you must know a lot to create these assumptions. Lets also add that you think the music is shit because you think its pop. Yet again, basing an opinion on something you have no knowledge of.

Ah but if you look I was just randomly complaining about bands like New Found Glory being labelled wrongly, not saying they had no right to their opinions. I was just saying I didn't agree wholeheartedly with their opinions.

I just feel that sometimes people are quick to jump on a bandwagon. Hell I could be wrong, just expressing my feelings on the subject. :)

There are only a handful of people I would listen to bitch about politics. None of them feature on this album. Whilst I like a band or two who did the album I think it is utterly shit house. A better idea would have been to include a vast range of musical styles to match the differen't types of people who dislike the current administration. It also wouldn't have hurt to cull bands that had nothing relevant to say instead using the time to just basically share the utterly boring non-conformist shit they have on their regualar albums.