Albums that everyone should own

Jook

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits- absolutly NO downtime, awesomeness through and through

Kid Rock- Devil Without a Cause- I don't care what anyone says, I LOVE this disk, some very underrated "classics" on there. "I got one for ya" "Fist of Rage" "Only god knows why" & "Somebodys gotta feel this" are some really really great songs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MystikalityIX

Jay Z - The Black Album

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Volume 1

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Volume 2

Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Blackstarr

Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Blackstar

Black On Both Sides by Mos Def

Visions Of Gandhi by Jedi Mind Tricks

Make Yourself by Incubus

Rich, Famous & Beautiful by The Philosopher Kings

The Low End Theory & Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest

Illmatic by Nas

• Admin

Crowded House - Together Alone

This album was CH reaching their collective and harmonic peak. Everything just clicks, and nothing seems out of place. One of those albums that is just a glory to listen to

Best Tracks: Distant Sun, Catherine Wheels, Private Universe, Pineapple Head

Neil Finn - One Nil

After his darker, trip-hop influenced debut solo album, Finn's second solo album sees a return to his melody driven ideals, but tinged with the good parts from Try Whistling This

Best Tracks: Turn & Run, Hole In The Ice, Last To Know, Into The Sunset

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Proving that there was still hope for the British music scene, Coldplay managed to top their first album Parachutes with this amazing work.

Best Tracks: Amsterdam, The Scientist, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, In My Place

Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions

After two impressive albums, Crow's third had a more personal feel to it, hugely influenced by her relationship with Eric Clapton. A mature sound, i think it's her best work

Best Tracks: The Difficult Kind, Riverwide, It Don't Hurt, Anything But Down

And also, the live album that everyone should own

Neil Finn & Friends - Seven Worlds Collide

Performed in Finn's native New Zealand, this concert is the best I've ever seen. From modern day Finn material to Crowded House classics, some magnificent renditions of songs are performed. Neil and his brother Tim do a beautiful version of Four Seasons in One Day, Eddie Vedder does a heart-wrenching performance of Stuff & Nonsense (as well as rocking the house with Neil's son Liam on "I See Red" and "History Never Repeats") and a gorgeous acoustic rendition of Don't Dream It's Over from Neil to close. There are also songs from Lisa Germano (Paper Doll, Cry Wolf), Johnny Marr (Down On The Corner, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out) and Eddie Vedder (Parting Way), and great performances from Radiohead's Phil Selway and Ed O'Brien

Best Tracks Turn & Run, Stuff & Nonsense, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, She Will Have Her Way

Notorious BIG - Ready to die -

Brilliant album. Look out for Juicy and One More Chance as they are pure classics!

P Diddy - The saga continues -

Another great album. Look out for Bad Boy For Life and Diddy.

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle -

Amazing. Look out for Gin and Juice and Whats My Name, heck look out for every song on this album because it is pure brilliant.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory -

Great album. Look out for In The End and Crawling.

Nailbomb - Point Blank : Great political thrash/crossver music from Alex Newport & Max Cavalera. Which reminds me, I have to return this CD to my friend x_x

Slayer - Raining Blood : 80's thrash masterpiece from one of the "Big 4"

Metallica - Ride The Lightning & MoP - Thrash at it's finest...plus Cliff FUCKING Burton!

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman : If anything, for Randy Rhoads' excellent guitar playing

I'm being extremely harsh with this, only including three or four.

"Homogenic" by Bjork

Her debut album, fittingly called "Debut" was good, but had it's weak moments. "Homogenic" doesn't have any. Bjork is the queen of cutting edge music creation, haunting, melodic, kooky and incredibly talented.

Includes: Hunter, 5 Years, Bacherlorette, Joga.

"Richard D. James" by Aphex Twin

Greatest electro / avant garde artist ever born. A true music visionary. Always evolving, never stopping or ge tting tired. Seriously, if Beethoven were alive today he'd be best mates with ol' Richie boy.

Includes: To Cure A Weakling Child, Girl/Boy Song, 4.

"Man Machine" by Kraftwerk

The grandaddies of electro. Making electro before sequencers were invented. Raw, gritty, beautiful, melodic. Pure genius.

I ncludes; Das Modell, Man Machine, Electric Cafe, Metropolis.

I only pick three because these are MUST HAVES for everyone, and other albums I think are must haves are kinda more for those who like the same genre of music as myself.

Guest Pulp

Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon

Agreed.

This is quite possibly the most complete album EVER created.

It has something for everyone who is a fan of music.

Guest Angry Baboon

I'm being extremely harsh with this, only including three or four.

"Homogenic" by Bjork

Her debut album, fittingly called "Debut" was good, but had it's weak moments. "Homogenic" doesn't have any. Bjork is the queen of cutting edge music creation, haunting, melodic, kooky and incredibly talented.

Includes: Hunter, 5 Years, Bacherlorette, Joga.

"Richard D. James" by Aphex Twin

Greatest electro / avant garde artist ever born. A true music visionary. Always evolving, never stopping or ge tting tired. Seriously, if Beethoven were alive today he'd be best mates with ol' Richie boy.

Includes: To Cure A Weakling Child, Girl/Boy Song, 4.

"Man Machine" by Kraftwerk

The grandaddies of electro. Making electro before sequencers were invented. Raw, gritty, beautiful, melodic. Pure genius.

I ncludes; Das Modell, Man Machine, Electric Cafe, Metropolis.

I only pick three because these are MUST HAVES for everyone, and other albums I think are must haves are kinda more for those who like the same genre of music as myself.

Bjork AND Aphex Twin? I tip my hat to you sir. People laugh at me, THEY MOCK ME, for liking Bjork. Bastards. It's nice to see that someone as sexy as you has such sexy taste in music.

Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon

The rest is just trivial in opinion.

Yeah, the rest is just trivial, especially those albums that Pink Floyd made before it that were better, oh and definitely all of Syd Barrett's far superior solo material. Trivial.

I saw Aphex Twin at Reading last year, they were real good. Ah... Memories.

Mine would be:

Kyuss - And the Circus Leaves Town. Great album, although QOTSA are good this album kills them.

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms. Although I like Tool a lot (seen then twice now) this album has more of a straight rock sound with some awesome guitar lines, yet keeps the completixity Tool have. Really great album.

DJ Shadow - Pre-emptive Strike. Really great, and influential album, this and UNCLE (his earlier stuff with some other guy) really set me on to electronic an DJ'ed music and widened my tastes. DJ Shadow is a true music visonary aswell.

Other really good albums to check out (regardless of genre) - Dizzee Rascal 'Boy in Da Corner', RHCP 'Mothers Milk', R.E.M 'Green' and Nine Inch Nails 'Pretty Hate Machine'