American Dad - new show by Seth Macfarlane

BlackFlagg

I realised, they took jokes from Family Guy, when the alien falls off the chair, Stewie does and says the same sort of thing, and then he says "Sorry we can't all look like those anorexic aliens" Stewie says the same thing on an episode, but baies of course. And then the mum puts him on a diet which Lois does to Stewie, that is odd, why take the same jokes?

Guest Takayamanofear

I am not going write it off from seeing the pilot, I trust Seth to make something funny. Besides it looks better than the commercials for the new Adult Swim shows.

I actually enjoyed the Stroker and Hoop premiere infinitely more than this. The dad character is funny. Nothing else quite works. Disappointing, even for someone who finds Family Guy to be a little overrated at times.

Very stupid

Irony at its finest, especially coming from J-Pac :thumbsup:

I haven't seen the trailer because I'm not going to waste my time with more 20 meg downloads so I'll just wait around and watch the show to judge it :thumbsup:

Ugh... Very stupid. The Dog part was the dumbest shit ever.

I found the fish the only thing amusing at all and a few of Dad's lines.

I actually found the fish to be blase and too random. "LOOK! IT'S A GERMAN FISH! HE SAYS WORDS IN GERMAN! IT'S FUNNY!"

Guest Takayamanofear

Eh, I didn't really like Stroker and Hoop. It was just not funny to me. So is this show going be on FOX or is it still going need to get the OK from a network.

Looked like more of the same from MacFarlane, except this time the material is from the newspaper instead of the tv. It was also a little less pleasing on the eye then Family Guy was imo. Of course, this is only a pilot (and not even a complete one at that), so it's way too harsh to be overly judgemental at this stage.

Guest Angry Baboon

It's a pilot, It's not gonna be a bloody comedy fest. The Family Guy pilots on Cartoon Network in 1997 sucked hard too, It had a completely different cast apart from Peter and Brian. I'm sure Seth will come up with something cool.

It did suck though. The "No, just dust" part was quite funny.