WCW 1998

Guest UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW Thunder and Saturday Night Reports

Airing on 02-18-98 and 02-21-98 resp.

Both taped on 02-17-98 from Centrum in Cedar City, UT

WCW THUNDER

· Lex Luger promo airs 74

· Psychosis and Kidman def. Lenny Lane and Chavo Guerrero Jr. when Kidman pinned Chavo after hitting a Shooting Star press 69

· Highlights from The Main Event of Monday Nitro 93

· Can-Am Connection def. Disco Inferno and Alex Wright, Bobby Eaton and Glacier, Sick Boy and Hugh Morrus by eliminating Disco Inferno and Alex Wright via a Martel Boston Crab on Wright to gain a future World Tag Team Titles shot. They also eliminated Eaton and Glacier, while Disco and Wright eliminated Sick Boy and Morrus 68

· Chris Jericho comes out and asks for a warm up before his match against Malenko, Jannetty comes out to answer the challenge 69

· Chris Jericho def. Marty Jannetty when Jannetty submitted to the Lion Tamer 69

· Harlem Heat Interivew: They are pretty confident on taking on Raven and Saturn in the Main Event tonight 69

· Raven and Saturn def. Harlem Heat when Raven pinned Booker T after hitting the Evenflow DDT 79

Overall Rating: 74 Nielsen Rating: 2.17

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT

· Defense in the Desert promo airs 80

· Fit Finlay and Barry Darsow def. La Parka and Norman Smiley when Darsow pinned Parka after hitting a Spinebuster 54

· Highlights from Monday Nitro Main Event 94

· Eric Watts pinned Prince Iaueka after hitting a Vertical Suplex. 51

· Rick Steiner and Vincent confrontation with Steiner asking for a match 65

· Rick Steiner pinned Vincent after hitting the Bulldog 52

· A Diamond Dallas Page promo is shown 92

· Goldberg pinned Ultimo Dragon after the Spear-Jackhammer combo. This was a bizzare mach with Ultimo actually dominating the first five minutes with Martial Arts kicks and holds,but Goldberg overpowered him later. Interesting clash of styles. 73

Overall Rating: 70 Nielsen Rating: 2.06

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UmpireAJS

Okay,call it lack of news [or my laziness to make up news], the 420 Weekly WCW News Update is going to after Superbrawl VIII and Before Nitro.In other words,the weekly WCW news is going to end the Second update. Due to heavy load at school,The last 2 matches for the brawl are still in progress and so Superbrawl VIII will up say 2-3 days later, Possibly not by the weekend but by Monday/Tuesday. For now answer the surveys, you know.

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW/nWo Superbrawl VIII Preview

From WCW.COM and NWOWRESTLING.COM

user posted image

LIVE from America West Arena in Phoenix,AZ and also on PPV

Free For All Cruiserweight Match

Chris Jericho vs Dean Malenko

The young,cocky and arrogant Jericho may have had the better of Malenko in the ring but outside, he has been run circles by Malenko. Who will get on top in this decider between the youngster and the veteran.

Cruiserweight Title

Eddie Guerrero © vs Juventud Guerrera

Ever since Eddie retained the Cruiserweight title controversially at Souled Out, Juvi has been vowing to get back on Eddie. What will happen when Juvi finally gets the chance?

Television Title

Booker T © vs Mortis

From the very begining of this year,James Vanderburg and his monster Mortis has been playing mind games with Booker T,but can Mortis do the job when he goes face to face, one on one with Booker T inside the ring.

WCW vs NWO Tag Team Match

Diamond Dallas Page and Rick Steiner vs Scott Steiner and Vincent

DDP and Rick Steiner are less than pleased with Scott Steiner’s attitude and behaviour recently but can they overcome Scott Steiner, especially with the monster Vincent now in side of the newest member of the nWo.

WCW VS NWO For the World Tag Team Titles

Goldberg and Davey Boy Smith vs Buff Bagwell and Konnan ©

How well can the unstoppable monster Goldberg and the indomitable bulldog Davey Boy work together in this match. It’s going to take all their combined efforts to best the cunning tag team champions.

Grudge Match

Chris Benoit vs Raven

The Final chapter to the long-running Raven and Benoit will take place at Superbrawl VIII. Raven has no-one to seek help from and nowhere to hide from a man that has been hungry for revenge against him. Raven will need all his resourcefulness and skills to overcome the Canadian Crippler.

Retirement Match:WCW vs NWO

Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Randy Savage

These two icons of pro-wrestling has never been friends ever since their WWF days, and their rivalry will come to and end at Superbrawl VIII,since the loser must lace up his boots forever.

Title/Contract Match:WCW vs NWO

Bret Hart vs Kevin Nash

Arguably two of the biggest names in WWF and WCW history are no friends with each others from the very begining of their careers. Bret Hart and Kevin Nash must fight now not only to settle their disputes but also for bigger opportunites in the future. In this match, the winner becomes the #1 Contender for the World Title while the loser,in case of Bret Hart will have is WCW contract null and void,and for Nash-will never get a title shot as long as Bret Hart wrestles in WCW.

Main Event: Defense in the Desert for the World Heavyweight Title

WCW vs NWO

Sting © vs Scott Hall

Any match in Scott Hall’s career does not get bigger than this. He has been waiting for this title opportunity ever since he won the World War III back in November 1997. Can he outwrestle the multi-time champion and WCW veteran Sting in the desert to claim his first ever World Heavyweight Championship? What role will Scott Hall’s so called Secret Weapon play in this match?

The answers to these and many more questions will only be found out at Superbrawl VIII on February 22nd , 1998 LIVE from America West Arena in Phoenix,AZ on PPV-so call your local operator now to catch all the action,because the desert will be too hot for more persons to fit in.

Guest UmpireAJS

user posted image

Hey Yo! It's Survey time!, Answer this little survey the bad guy is taking about WCW/NWO Superbrawl VIII at NWOWRESTLING.COM and WCW.COM and you can win exciting prizes! Tell you what chicos! After the bad guy announces the winners, you can win a cool prize straight from myself! Just E-Mail me at scotthall@nwowrestling.com for more info! So now,on with the business, the survey that is!

Pick a winner in the following matches and answer the tiebreaker questions.

Free For All Cruiserweight Match

Cruiserweight Title

Television Title

Booker T © vs Mortis

WCW vs NWO Tag Team Match

WCW VS NWO For the World Tag Team Titles

Grudge Match

Chris Benoit vs Raven

Retirement Match:WCW vs NWO

Title/Contract Match:WCW vs NWO

Bret Hart vs Kevin Nash

Main Event: Defense in the Desert for the World Heavyweight Title

WCW vs NWO

Sting © vs Scott Hall

Tie-Breaker Questions

1.How Many Title will change hands?

2.Will anybody join WCW?

3.Will anybody join nWo?

4.Will anybody return?

5.What will be the opener?

6.Who is my "SECRET WEAPON" ?

So what are ya waiting for,answer the survey to pick up cool prizes.I will see ya with the results on Monday,until then peace out Chicos!

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

The Big Debate

420 Webmaster, Recappers, Columnists and Special Guests join in the round table conference before Superbrawl VIII to rant on their probables for the victory.

Just to state a news,although not related to wrestling,we here at 420Wrestling.com have a new motto- 420Wrestling.com : 1.0219 times better than 411

THE CAST

Adrien Ryans 420 Webmaster/Columnsit

David Roberts 420 Wrestling Expert/Columnist

Jay Williams 420 Wrestling Expert/Columnist who thinks David Roberts sucks

Michael Killings 420 WCW Recapper/Columnist

Steve Towens 420 WWF Recapper/Columnist

Ed Owens 420 guy who works as a janitor in Titan Towers

Mark Vincent 420 guy who works as PA to umm Vincent!

Patrick Regan 420 Trivia Guru/Columnist

Robbie Rage Former WCW Superstar

· INITIAL THOUGHTS ON THE CARD

Ryans: The card is pretty solid, barring the DDP/Rick vs Scott/Vincent match, why VINCENT? [Hopes that Mark doesn't kill me.] I do not high hopes on the World Tag match either, but I guess it will be Okay. DITD and Hart/Nash should be cool, Piper/Savage interesting, Benoit/Raven *****, Overall i can rate the card ***3/4

Roberts: A solid card on paper, but knowing WCW,plenty of holes will be revelead when the card springs to action, the only really solid matches I can bank on is Benoit/Raven and the two cruiserweight matches, although I guess the TV Title Match and the Much Hyped Main Event wouldn't be too bad either. WCW will be better off without the extremely silly finishes. ***

Williams: Dude, this is WCW, and considering the talent they has this IS a supercard so quit bitching about senior citizen matches. The staple of the fans are marks and senior citizens draws the marks in, not your Benoit/Raven match, this should be a great card to watch. ****

Killings: Looks better in prospect than Souled Out, if the matches are treated carefully, I would advice them not give much time on potentially DUD'ers i.e DDP's match, Tag title match and the Retirement match and spend time on the Cruisers and Benoit/Raven ***1/2

Towens: I'm not the WCW guy but the card is pretty good, and possibly better in prospect than NO WAY OUT! *drools over Benoit/Raven* ***3/4

Owens: As a lowly Janitor on Titan Towers I am not supposed to make comments on WCW cards,because if I am fired I will starve to death unless Kevin Nash hires me for booking or something. So let's say this on hush hush *looks good,doesn't have high hopes that it will deliver the goods,but doesn't believe that it should be a skunker either* ***1/4

Vincent: YES! VINCENT IS IN THE CARD! Um,that's why the match is going to suck probably, but other than the card looks hot, not as hot as a SmarK would dream of but the LIVE crowd will be pretty happy. ***1/2

Regan: Let's see the last Superbrawl made Scott Kieth quote Fleetwood Mac, well certainly we are not going to have a Hogan/Piper NEGATIVE STARS but no match on paper looks good as Eddie/ Jericho or Malenko/Syxx save the Raven/Benoit match, but certainly no Mongo/Giant/Meng horror involved, so I'm gonna give the card ***1/4

Rage: Good,better than Souled Out,and certainly miles ahead than last years card. Benoit/Raven, Nash/Hart, Sting/Hall will be must sees ***1/2

Right then, on to the predictions.

· Free For All Cruiserweight Match: Dean Malenko vs Chris Jericho

Ryans: WCW is looking to push Jericho, so that's an easy Jericho win for me

Roberts: WCW is looking to push Jericho, but is also known for it's inconsistency's. They are right now trying to please Flair so Jericho push or not, Malenko wins this

Williams: No SWERVES here, Jericho all the way

Killings: I like the old school style, so sue me, Malenko

Towens: Malenko is a better wrestler, Jericho whines better, I hate whiners it's Malenko

Owens: WCW is finally recognizing their talents, Jericho baby!

Vincent: No real interest in spot-fests,esp. in free for alls, but Malenko garners my vote.

Regan: *does some some integration over permuation while solving a quadratic equation* It's 78% probable for a Jericho win.

Rage: Malenko PERIOD

· Cruiserweight Title: Eddie Guerrero © vs Juventud Guerrera

Ryans: A match based on the same theory, but it will get a different answer since Eddie is too good for the title, Juvi

Roberts: Without a shadow of a doubt Juvi, Eddie doesn't need some stupid spotfests.

Williams: EDDY~ getting pushed! In your dreams, this is WCW, Eddie

Killings: Loves Eddie the Cruiserweight but to be logical, it HAS to be Juvi

Townes: That Mexican Guy, the one with the mask.

Owens: Juvi baby! Remove the shitty mask from him.

Vincent: Eddie Guerrero, Juvi is not ready for the title

Regan: E-E-E-E-E no no no wrong method used, it's Juvi

Rage: Juvi, since he is a better "cruiserweight" than Eddie

· Television Title Match: Booker T © vs Mortis

Ryans: My sources tell me Booker is soon to be elevated to the US Division, so Mortis get's the much deserved win

Roberts: Booker T, since Mortis isn't a credible competitor yet, and Booker T is not fitting the US bill,no matter what people say.

Williams: The Big Afro SUCKA!, He deserves to beat Mortis in and out.

Killings: Booker is not going to get anywhere by feuding with Mortis, so I see him dropping the strap to Mortis

Towens: Well WWF wants the Afro, so Booker T it is.

Owens: Booker is stale, Mortis is BETTA THAN ALL THE SUCKAS!

Vincent: No way WCW is going to experiment this early with Mortis, gotta stick with Booker T

Regan: That Afro with a short hair and a nice moustache, I do not mark for masked guys anyways.

Rage: WCW may pull out a big SWERVE here, So I am going with Mortis

· WCW vs NWO Tag Match: DDP and Rick Steiner vs Scott Steiner and Vincent

Ryans: WCW, since DDP is the US Champion anyway

Roberts: NWO, since DDP/Steiner feud can be only continued if the heel gets the early advantage

Williams: WCW, because DDP > Steiner

Killings: Steiner is the one getting pushed so it has to be NWO

Towens: In WCW, Steroid freaks get over, NWO

Owens: Talent over steroid, MAYBE but realistically it must be NWO

Vincent: TEAM VINCENT!

Regan: All my calculations and history book rummaging points towards NWO

Rage: Sorry to disappoint you guys but I actually think, WCW is going to win it.

· World Tag Team Titles WCW vs NWO: Goldberg/Davey Boy vs Bagwell/Konnan ©

Ryans: Whichever team Gonnard is not on, WCW

Roberts: The MONSTER will gain another victim, WCW

Williams: I am smelling a Goldberg turn NWO

Killings: THE MONSTA TEAM! WCW

Towens: I HATE Monsters, NWO

Owens: Goldberg sucks, Gonnard and Bagwell are worse, WCW

Vincent: I Like Monsters WCW

Regan:I see Goldberg's streak coming to an end,or him turning NWO

Rage: Goldberg is still a hot commodity,hurting his push will cost him dearly WCW

· Chris Benoit vs Raven

Ryans: A potential ***** and a real tuffy, I'll go with Raven

Roberts: On that Flair factor, It's Benoit

Williams: WCW is trying to go Hardcore,so they won't push a midget,besides losing to Benoit after constantly evading him will hurt Raven major Raven

Killings: Hero fights through obstacles, destroys Villain Benoit

Towens: I am not a SmarK guy so I'm going for Raven

Owens: All lay down to the god of IWC, Benoit

Vincent: Raven, Flock are going somewhere, Horsemen ain't

Regan: Ben-WAH! Well Bischoff screwed Hogan and listen to the IWC, so..

Rage: Raven since he is more popular at the moment

· Retirment Match: WCW vs NWO- Roddy Piper vs Randy Savage

Ryans: Personally, I would'nt mind if both these slugs retire, but at the moment Savage winning seems obvious

Roberts: Piper still has a lot left in him, unlike Savage, so Piper wins

Williams: The Machooooo Man Savage, he is not a slob like Piper

Killings: This stupid clauses don't work anyway, and nWo usually wins this kind of stuff so Savage

Towens: Piper for a berth at the Senior Citizen Home in the middle of nowhere

Owens: WWF hates these slugs, so I guess Piper wins due to my personal support

Vincent: Savage

Regan: Tossing a coin, HEAD for Savage TAIL for Piper, TAILS it is Piper

Rage: Savage is the logical answer, Piper has not been in any major storylines.

· WCW vs NWO Titles/Contract Match: Bret Hart vs Kevin Nash

Ryans: These stupid stips doesn't work anyway, and Nash ain't gonna job twice, Nash

Roberts: Hart by some stupid finish that will end up making him look bad.

Williams: A DOUBLE DQ due to a fucking nWo brawl. End of story

Killings: Nash by a wCw/nWo clusterfuck

Towens: Hart get’s spray painted nWo, turns heel joins nWo, end of story. Nash

Owens: Bret Screwed Bret the first time, Nash will screw him this time

Vincent: Bret Hart is in the most stupidest manner possible

Regan: Amen to what Vincent said.

Rage: Bret Hart when Nash will lay down and reveal that Bret has joined the nWo.

· WCW vs NWO: Defense in the Desert for the World Heavyweight Title: Sting © vs Scott Hall

Ryans: Sting, Hall is not going to get championship belt anytime soon.

Roberts: Sting since a future Sting vs Nash feud is on the line which Sting will lose anyway.

Williams: Scott Hall since I don’t See Hart turning when he is so over as a face.

Killings: Sting TURNS! Hall wins.

Towens: Sting

Owens: Assuming a run in will occur from nWo, I say Sting by DQ

Vincent: Scott Hall with the help of his secret weapon BRET HART!!

Regan: Sting by DQ, leading to a Sting vs Nash feud

Rage: My money goes with Sting even though he will win the most pathetic manner possible thus making the nWo look good.

Whatever happens,don't forget to read Michael Killings' take on Superbrawl VIII only on 420Wrestling.com. Happy viewing.

my predictions

1.Jericho

2.Eddie

3.Booker T

4.nWo

5.WCW

6.Raven

7.Savage

8.Hart

9.Sting

Questions

1.One

2.Yes, Lex Luger

3.No

4.Lex Luger

5.Cruiserweight Match

6.Kane

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Superbrawl VIII Rant!

user posted image

LIVE from America West Arena, Phoenix,AZ

Pre-Show Main Event

Headlock sequence [WHAT A SURPRISE!] to start with,Jericho gets in control early on but Malenko bulldogs Jericho to get advantage. Malenko now works on Jericho with extended Suplexes, but fails to cover him as Jericho always gets his shoulder off.Malenko takes down Jericho and decides to work on his knees. Malenko applies pressure and Jericho writhes in pain, until Jericho somehow low-blows Malenko.Facebuster by Jericho and Jericho is now in control. Malenko tries to take Jericho down but Jericho replies with a bulldog.Jericho now in total control as he pounces on Malenko.Several high-flying attacks by Jericho keeps Malenko down. Jericho hits the Lionsault but Malenko kicks out. Cradle by Jericho, Malenko reverses, Jericho cradles again and Malenko again reverses and locks Jericho into a leglock submission. Jericho is in pain, but manages to get to the ropes anyway. The crowd is chanting JERICHO SUCKS! As Malenko gets back in control.Another flurry of suplex sequences by Malenko but Jericho somehow manages to get out of one,and turns it into a headlock submission! Malenko however punches Jericho to the sternum and gets out of it and takes down Jericho. Malenko with the Texas Cloverleaf and Jericho grabs the ropes. Malenko looks to put on a sleeper but Jericho low-blows again to get out.A roll-up,escape-Jericho goes for the Liontamer,Malenko reverses,Headscissors by Jericho. Jericho connects with the Frankensteiner but still Malenko kicks out. Jericho now mocks to the crowd and gets MORE JERICHO SUCKS. Jericho goes for the Lionsault, but Malenko moves out. Jericho is in pain, Malenko applies the Cloverleaf and Eddie Guerrero appears in the entrance ramp! Malenko breaks the hold and starts to argue with Guerrero but Eddie backs off, and Malenko WALKS RIGHT INTO A FACEBUSTER! Jericho with another Lionsault and gets the three count. The crowd boos as Eddie and Jericho shake hands,apparently they had a deal.

WINNER: Chris Jericho by pinfall at 13:29

420 RATING:***3/4 a hot match ruined by a stupid finish,Oh well! We still have another Cruiserweight Match.

The Pyros blow off and Superbrawl VIII has begun. Your hosts are Tony, Bobby and Mike Tenay [OR Scott Keith’s Usual Gang of Idiots]

Cruiserweight Title Match

I have finally come to the conclusion that Mike Tenay is the only WCW announcer who can follow crusierweight action.Unfortunately,with Tony and Bobby babbling about Defense in the Desert,um,his voice was rarely heard,OH WELL. Juventud Guerrera continues to get more heel heat,and Eddie who cost Malenko a match getting pops. They don’t like Masked Mexicans in the Desert.Oh well. Eddie Guerrero gets in offense with a few suplexes. Eddie nails a hurricanrana, but Juvi escapes out of it.Juvi now on a comeback as he dissects Eddie with all kinds of scissors. Eddie however manages to avoid a Body Scissors so Juvi crashes down to the mat and is soon dropkicked out of the ring. Eddie now joins Juvi with a HIGH RISK CORKSCREW er- didn’t really catch the name with Tony and Bobby babbling about Bret Hart and Kevin Nash. Anyway, both men are down.Eddie is the first to recover. Eddie sends Juvi to the ring and taunts to the crowd before getting back himself. Eddie goes for a springboard, but Juvi moves out. Eddie is hurt both men are down. Juventud Guerrera this time recovers the first. Juvi works on Eddie’s knee,and Eddie is down in pain.Juvi goes up to the top rope and the 450 Splash connects! Juvi goes for the cover,Eddie Guerrero kicks out.Juvi with a slingshot,turns to a Sunset Flip, Eddie reverses to a roll-up and yet another Sunset flip but Eddie knocks off Juvi. Juvi is reeling on the ropes and a dropkick,Juvi is out. Springboard by Eddie to crash on to Juvi. Eddie works on Juvi outside,but Juvi gets the better of Eddie and throws Eddie to the ring.Juvi gets in and Eddie and Juvi lock-up.Headlock sequence and Eddie Guerrero delivers three back suplexes to Juvi. Juvi is down. Eddie goes up to the top rope,he signals the Frog Splash and IT CONNECTS! Eddie with the cover, Juventud Guerrera kicks out. Psychosis and Ultimo Dragon has hit the ramp for some unknown reason. Referee protests this but Eddie knocks him down. Psychosis and Ultimo Dragon now ambush Juvi at their will,ending with a title shot to the face leaving Juvi busted open. As soon as the referee gains conciousness,they jump over the railing and get out from the arena. Eddie covers,Juvi KICKS OUT at 2.. Eddie is frustrated. He tries put on a leglock submission but Juvi blocks it. Juvi with a sunset-flip, Eddie reverses into a roll-up, but Juvi gets his hands on the ropes. Eddie Guerrero climbs up to the top rope again, and Juvi is not there as Eddie botches up the Frog Splash. Juvi recovers slowly, and then DEVASTATES Eddie with the Juvi driver. Juvi covers Eddie and it’s all over. WE HAVE A NEW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION!

WINNER and NEW Champion: Juventud Guerrera by pinfall at 14:45

420 RATING:***3/4 a good match only slowing down in the middle section,in the end a satisfying ending with Eddie passing the title on to Juvi,to move on to bigger and better things. Juvi on the other hand will be seriously over with this victory.Although Juvi was booed throughout the match,he did get some cheers after his title victory.

Backstage, Bret Hart stands by with Scott Hudson, Bret talks about tonight’s match but Kevin Nash interrupts and threats Bret. Generic wCw vs nWo stuff.

We get a promo for WCW Nitro:The Game.

Booker T/Mortis Video Package shown

Television Title with Stevie Ray and James Vanderburg banned from Ringside. No Time Limit

Booker T © vs Mortis

Eric Bischoff comes out and announces that from this match onwards no TV title match will have time limits attached to them, SWEET. Mortis goes on offense first hitting Booker T with stiff shots, powerslam by Mortis, Booker T is down and Mortis goes for the cover, Booker T kicks out. Mortis takes control, Huge overhead suplex by Mortis, a lariat for the two count. Mortis now goes to work on Bookers sternum area. Stiff kicks by Mortis as the MORTIS SUCKS chants begin. Rollup blocked by Booker T, takedown for two count and Booker T now in control. Backdrop by Booker T, Mortis gets the shoulder off. Booker T picks up Mortis but Mortis gets the advantage and drop-kicks Booker T and then delivers a neckbreaker. Mortis now tries to do a Houston Hangover on Booker T but Booker ducks and Mortis loses control and ends up on the ropes. Booker T kicks Mortis out of the ring, and we have out of the ring action as Booker T goes wild and actually throws Mortis to the steel steps. Mortis however kicks Booker T to the face and throws him to the railing. Back in the ring, Mortis tries to go for the Flatliner- blocked and Book hits a desperate takedown manuever. Both men are down, Mortis is the first to recover and he locks Booker in a sleeper. Booker escapes by grabbing the ropes, Mortis now works on Bookers neck but he fails to get the neckbreakr as Booker and Mortis grapple with a headlock sequence, Booker T is in control. Spinebuster by Booker T. Booker goes for the cover, Mortis kicks out. Backdrop suplex by Booker T another two count. Booker with a sunset flip, reversed by Mortis to a roll-up but Booker T gets the ropes. Now Mortis is back up and he and Booker T exchange chops and kicks, Axhandle slam by Mortis followed by another powerslam. Booker T is down, Mortis goes for the lariat, two count, Exploder suplex two count, and Booker T gets back in control. Powerslam, two count, Belly to Belly two count, and James Vanderburg runs to distract the referee meanwhile Mortis gets back in control. Northern Lights Suplex and Booker T kicks out. Vanderburg is ejected as Mortis is in full control. Mortis delivers a sidewalk slam, but Booker T manages to escape a submission attempt, both men lock up and again and brawl around for a while until Booker T capitalizes on a botched Atomic Drop attempt and takes down Mortis, Booker T tries a exploder but Mortis gets a German instead,Booker T however takes down Mortis on a second German attempt, goes for the Houston Hangover and connects. Three Count for Booker T to retain the title in a pretty satisfying match.

WINNER and STILL Champion: Booker T by pinfall at 15:33

420 RATING:***1/2 not much to complain really, a nice TV title match.Hope both men gets big pushes so we can see them for longer periods.

We see yet another Lex Luger promo.

Scott Steiner is flexing some muscles and chatting with some ladies until Vincent calls him up. It’s Scott Steiner and Vincent vs Rick Steiner and DDP NEXT!

WCW vs nWo Tag Team Match

Before I start to describe this slugfest, let me inform you that I will not waste my time when Rick Steiner or Vincent is in the ring, especially with each other. And they start off with each other so BLANK BLANK until Rick Steiner tags in DDP. DDP takes control by kicking and punching Vincent. Following it up with a Neckbreaker, cover and kick-out. DDP desperately tries to entertain the crowd but VINCENT SUCKS chants begin, and finally Vincent tags in Scott Steiner and LET’S GO STEINER chants replace. DDP and Steiner lockup with Steiner being the stronger of the two,Scott Steiner takes down DDP. Kicks to the head, Steiner sets up DDP with a power slam and DDP’s head come crashing down to the mat. Steiner locks in the SLEEPERHOLD OF BOREDOM! As RESTHOLDS SUCKS! Chants begin. DDP breaks the hold anyway and takes down Steiner. Headlock sequence by DDP and Steiner until DDP gets in the power and kicks and punches are exchanged. DDT by DDP, Steiner kicks out, Lariat by Steiner, DDP kicks out. Steiner picks up, sidewalk slam, DDP gets locked into the Boston crab but eventually he grabs the ropes as Steiner tags in Vincent. Vincent GOES FOR A SUPLEX! But it is shitty and DDP counter suplexes Vincent. Now DDP tags in Rick Steiner. BLANK BLANK BLANK Vincent tags in Scott Steiner. And the Steiner Brothers collide. Stiff shots to by Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner is down, Nice Gargoyleplex by Scott, Rick kicks out of the cover. Desperation Takedown by Rick and It’s DDP and Scott Steiner again. Slugfest ensues for a while until Steiner delivers a belly to belly to DDP, DDP comes back with a nice overhead suplex, but Steiner doesn’t sell that much anyway, and now STEINER SUCKS chants begin. Steiner comes back and locks DDP into the Steiner Recliner. DDP is in all sorts of trouble, until the referee gets diverted as Rick Steiner and Vincent are brawling outside the ring. Scott Steiner breaks the hold, takes a chair from outside and argues with the referee. The referee however still tries to break up the brawl, so Steiner goes back in and DDP makes a MONSTER DROPKICK and the chair flies out of Steiners hand. DDP takes the chair and WHACKS the skull of Scott Steiner. Diamond Cutter by DDP and the referee comes back and gets the 3-count. What a shitty finish to a shitty match.

WINNER: DDP and Rick Steiner when DDP pinned Scott Steiner at 13:29 WCW 1 nWo 0

Scott Steiner clutches his head as Uncle Eric comes out and warns DDP that he hasn’t seen the last of Scott Steiner yet. SWEET! So We ARE having a feud here.

420 RATING: *1/2 with 5 minutes of Rick Steiner Vincent action out of 12 or 13, and a screwy finish, and some half-assed offenses by both Steiner and DDP, I’m really generous to give this one more than a single star.

Goldberg/Davey Boy pep talk, and Randy Savage is supposedly speaking with Scott Hall’s SECRET WEAPON over the cellphone! Oh teh suspense!

WCW vs nWo World Tag Team Titles Match

The MONSTER and Buff Bagwell start out. Bagwell tries to get some early offense and they are no sold by Goldberg,and Bagwell falls prey to a MONSTER powerslam. Hook, cover and Bagwell kicks out!!! SWEET. Goldberg tries to power Bagwell but Bagwell fights back, and actually makes Goldberg SELL a dropkick. Now Bagwell on offense as he claws Goldberg. Goldberg is covering up and Bagwell tries a Suplex. BAD MOVE as Goldberg reverses that to a Suplex of his own. Goldberg kicks Bagwell again and again, Press Slam and TAG!! Davey Boy tries for a Power Slam but Bagwell somehow manages to escape that and kicks Davey Boy HARD where it hurts to make the tag to Konnan! Oh dear, as Konnan capitalizes by executing some sort of a face-buster. Davey Boy is down, and Konnan executes the SLEEPERHOLD OF BOREDOM! Davey Boy fights back soon and takes down Konnan. Double Vertical Suplex by Davey Boy, followed by a HUGE SPINEBUSTER!! And now Davey Boy locks in the submission proper, a camel clutch. Konnan is faiting as Dastardly Nick Patrick runs in to dispose of Mickey Jay and orders Davey to break the hold. And somehow in this confusion, Bagwell is the legal man and he DOMINATES Davey Boy. Nice Kobyashi DDT, even though I hate Bagwell I mark that move. Bagwell tries to do a Blockbuster but Davey Boy moves out of the way. Both men are down and recover at the same time, Punches and Kicks exchanged but Davey Boy is too strong and executes a Bulldog [!] on Bagwell, He Goes for a Running Powerslam but Konnan distracts him and a kick to the balls by Bagwell followed by a powerbomb. In comes Konnan, Konnan goes for the Tequila Sunrise, but Davey Boy grabs the ropes anyway and reverses a suplex attempt to a back-body drop and makes the tag to Goldberg. Goldberg comes and dominates Konnan. Spear, Press-slam, Jackhammer, Jackhammer to Bagwell another Jackhammer to Konnan. Charles Robinson pipes out of nowhere to depose Patrick and makes the 3-count. Good since kept short.

WINNER and NEW Champions: Goldberg and Davey Boy Smith when Goldberg pinned Davey Boy Smith at 10:00 WCW 2 nWo 0

420 RATING: **3/4 It’s A Goldberg match for 10 minutes, you can’t ask for more even though Davey Boy was in this thing.

Hugely unlikely in a WCW PPV, The faces are making an epic run with 4-0 and WCW 2-0 with nWo. Oh well, time for the screwy finishes to begin. Atleast Benoit/Raven will be good. And IT’S NEXT!!!

Meanwhile, THE SECRET WEAPON arrives in a limo, unfortunately we don’t get to see who it is since nWo’s last secret weapon DUSTY RHODES and his fat body is covering him/her.

Chris Benoit vs Raven

Benoit and Raven lockup to start the action,Raven takes control and charges down Benoit. Drop toe hold by Raven to gain the advantage. Cradle by Raven but Benoit charges out Raven, reverse cradle by Benoit and now Raven charges out. Raven gets up and plants Benoit to the ma with a back bodydrop. Raven kicks Benoit continually to the sternum and follows it up with a fore-arm smash. Raven lifts Benoit for an Airplane spin but Benoit counters with a superb head scissors. Now Raven is down and Benoit works on the ribs of Raven. Raven tries to go up but Benoit takes him down with the Slide headlock. Benoit tries to lock in the crossface but Raven escapes the hold. Another crossface attempt and Raven this time overpowers Benoit and smashes his face to the mat. Raven now kicks Benoit to the face and Benoit is probably reeling after those shorts. Raven goes out and takes a STEEL CHAIR! The referee protests but Raven knocks him down anyway. Raven tries to hit Benoit but Benoit grabs the chair. Raven tries to dropkick but Benoit moves out and hits the chair to Raven’s legs. Raven is down and Benoit is up, Bulldog by Benoit to send Raven crashing down the mat again. Benoit locks Raven into an armbar, Raven escapes but Benoit locks in a headlock submission, followed by another headlock sequence and finally Benoit suplexes Raven. Follows it up another suplex. Benoit goes for a bodydrop but Raven counters and delivers a HUGE overhead suplex to Benoit. Raven picks up Benoit and delivers a staggering neckbreaker. Raven covers, but there is no referee. Raven takes the chair and Smashes it on Benoit to bust him wide open. Raven slides goes up to the rope with the chair but Benoit moves out of the way and Raven comes crashing to the mat. Raven, Benoit and referee recover at the sametime, another Headlock sequence. Benoit goes for the Northern Lights Suplex, Reversal into a Evenflow DDT but Benoit kicks out. Benoit and Raven grapple again and Benoit takes advantage. He goes for a German but Raven blocks it but Benoit manages to get an abdominal stretch anyway, but Raven blocks even that and delivers another HUGE SUPLEX to Benoit. Raven now claws Benoits face wildly then puts him into a facelock, but Benoit grabs the ropes, Raven goes for the Evenflow but a reverse DDT by Benoit! Benoit is now in control as he delivers massive chops to Raven. Irish whip by Benoit, reversed by Raven straight into the turnbuckle. Raven goes for a Stinger Splash but Benoit moves out, baseball slide by Benoit and Raven is down. Benoit moves out, Raven and Benoit lock up outside and Benoit whips Raven to the steel steps! Now Raven is busted open. Benoit and Raven are back in at the count of nine. They grapple and Benoit gets the advantage, Benoit tries to lock in a Nelson but Raven drags Benoit down, and attempts a leglock, but Benoit reverses. Benoit now goes for a sharpshooter but Raven just get’s a roll-up. Benoit counters, Raven counters and Benoit get’s the ropes. Raven lifts Benoit and delivers a neckbreaker to Benoit. Raven goes for the cover and Benoit gets the shoulder off, HERE COMES THE FLOCK!! And Raven knocks out the referee. Oh Wait! Here comes Dean Malenko with a steel chair, Dean Malenko swings wildly and hits Lodi, Kidman and Saturn. Raven gets a trash can but Benoit recovers and kicks that out of his head. The crowd is getting wild now. Malenko and Benoit double teams Raven to the steel chair. They continue to pound Raven until order is restored, and Raven gets the advantage and back-breakers Benoit to the mat. Raven applies a waistlock, to an abdominal stretch. Benoit is fainting but he suddenly gets his strength back. He back elbows Raven to the face and Raven breaks the hold. Benoit capitalizes and turns around and delivers a HUGE belly to belly on Raven. Another Belly to Belly by Benoit. Benoit crawls to the top rope and Sets up for the Headbutt, and Headbutt connects! Benoit goes for the cover, 1..2.. Raven get’s his shoulder off. Benoit goes for another facelock but Raven get’s the advantage and brings Benoit down. Now both men are down. Benoit covers Raven but Raven gets the shoulder off. Benoit recovers first and so does Raven soon. They exchange chops, but Raven’s DDT is blocked and Benoit gets a nice powerbomb in. Raven is now down. Benoit goes for an armbar and it’s soon converted to a Crossface. Raven taps out. Malenko and Anderson come out to celebrate with Benoit.

WINNER: Chris Benoit by submission at 20:34

420 RATING: Certainly the match of the night was dragged in the middle parts, but other than that everything fitted in nicely, even the Flock Interference and the gore. ****1/2 for this one.

Clips are shown of the illustrious careers of Randy Savage and Rowdy Roddy Piper. The senior citizen slugfest is next.

WCW vs NWO: Retirement Match

Our referee for this match is Dastardly Nick Patrick. I can really state the 10 moves used throughout the match but I guess I’m not lazy like Scott Kieth so I’ll do the reporting. Match was pretty entertaining by the way.Punching and kicking gets Savage the early advantage and despite a reverse chinlock by Piper, Savage manges to pound on Piper. Bearhug by Savage and Piper is almost out, and Patrick is about to call the bell until Piper launches a comeback. More punches and kicks by Piper and he takes down Savage. Headlock sequence by Piper and a nice bodyslam by Piper. Piper goes for the sleeperhold but Patrick breaks it since he thought Piper was choking. Argument with Patrick follows as Savage sneaks up and delivers a staggering low blow to Piper. Follows it up with a Thrust Kick and Savage in control. Slugfest by Savage until he gets a backbreaker on Piper. Piper is down and Savage goes up to the top rope but MISSES the Flying Elbow Drop! Piper slowly recovers and does a Savage trademark Bulldog and both men are down again! Piper crawls to the cover, Macho Man gets the shoulder off! Savage crawls and Piper kicks out! They both get to their feet and headlock sequence again but Savage has the advantage as he sends Piper to the top-rope turnbuckle and follows it up with a VICIOUS Snap! Dropkick by Savage and Piper is out of the ring, Savage climbs up to the top rope and A High Riske Axhandle Slam connects on Piper! Both men are down but Savage recovers first and throws Piper to the steel steps. Savage then gets a pair of brass knucks from Patrick and taunts the crowd, Meanwhile Piper recovers and takes down Savage before he can use the knucks. Back in the ring, Another takedown by Piper and he applies a sleeperhold. Savage is almost out and Patrick orders Piper to break the hold again, and Piper nails Patrick with an uppercut. Piper goes out of the ring and finds a steel chair but Savage recovers and takes down the chair anyway. Savage with a facebuster on the Steel Chair. Savage goes out of the ring , looks under the ring and finds THE COCONUT OF DOOM! Ref. Charles Robinson runs in and Piper smashes the coconut on Robinson’s head. Meanwhile Piper recovers again and we turn to another Slugfest, and Savage gets the advantage with a HUGE Powerbomb. Overhead suplex countered by Piper, Savage counters an abdominal stretch and both men now end up in another slugfest. Nick Patrick meanwhile recovers. Piper throws Savage onto Patrick, but Patrick sidesteps! Patrick and Piper argue and A LOW BLOW BY THE REFEREE! Referee grabs the steel chair and smashes it on Piper’s head! Patrick helps Savage back to his feet, who delivers a Facebuster to Piper. Three count and Piper’s career is apparently over.

WINNER: Randy Savage by pinfall at 16:33 WCW 2 NWO 1

420 RATING: **1/2 While not anything great, this bout was profusely entertaining, unlike boring senior-citizen matches in the past held by WCW.

Bret Hart/Kevin Nash video package shown.

Title/Contract Match: WCW vs NWO

Bret Hart vs Kevin Nash

Kevin Nash get’s early advantage so it’s your basic slugfest to start with. A Powerslam by Nash and he kicks and punches Hart like hell. They soon go outside and Nash and Hart begins to choke each other with things, so referee Charles Robinson loses conrtol. Outside, Hart comes back when he blocks a Sidewalk slam and delivers a belly to belly to crash Nash onto the steel steps. Hart locks in an Indian Deathlock outside the ring, but Nash powers out of that. Hart is down and Nash recovers to take a steel chair and he whacks it over Hart’s head. Back in ring, Nash is still in control and he goes for the Jacknife but Bret Hart blocks it. More slugfest and Bret wins this one and Backbreakers Nash to the mat. Cover and Nash powers out. Bret locks in a side headlock on Nash and Nash eventually gets back to the mat by smashing his elbow on Hart’s face. They get up and start a headlock sequence. Facelock by Bret Hart but Nash reverses and a take down by Nash. Nash pulls Bret to his feet but Bret launches a MONSTER come back, hard shots on Nash but he does not sell them and instead Airplane Spins Hart to the mat. Nash throws Hart to the turnbuckle and chokes Hart with the boot which the referee breaks. So we go to another referee argument as Hart recovers and delivers a Bulldog on Nash. Nash just winds up a bit so Bret delivers the Running Powerslam and Nash is down. Bret Hart now goes to work on Nash’s chest and sternum area by some big kicks. A spin kick to Nash’s head when he tries to recover and Bret locks Nash into a Sharpshooter but Nash kicks out. Bret Hart goes upto the rope but mistimes the Flying Headbutt. Nash is up and he takes control with a Sidewalk slam. Nash covers and Bret kicks out, Nash and Bret hook up again and another slugfest starts, Nash winning this one. Big Body slams by Nash and The Jacknife connects and Bret kicks out YET AGAIN! Nash is frustrated and he calls for backup, so here comes Vincent but Davey Boy is here anyway to take him out. So meanwhile this happens, Bret Hart recovers, and Nash turns around to fall pray to a HUGE Facebuster. Bret Hart is in total control now, with his powerslams, hooks and everything. Belly to Belly to Nash followed up by a nice backbreaker. Waistlock by Bret followed up with a knee-lift and we have Scott Hall coming out, slugfest between Hart and Hall, and Charles Robinson is shoved aside. Hall attempts The Edge, Nash blocks and Delivers a powerful Atomic Drop followed up with an incredible Russian Legsweep. Back to Nash, Nash goes for the Jacknife, meanwhile new referee Mickey Jay runs in. Bret Hart blocks the Powerbomb and yet another slugfest starts between Nash and Hart. Powerslam by Nash and Nash takes control. Nash with a big boot follows it up with a Big Time DDT! A legit heat between two guys can really push the limits guys! That was one heck of a DDT by Nash. Nash tries to put in the Sharpshooter as the crowd chants CLIQUE SCREWED BRET. Hart however grabs the ropes. Nash picks up Hart but Hart takes control. Consecutive face slams by Bret Hart, Nash tries to uppercut Hart but Hart gets the eye poke of DOOM! Atomic Drop to Nash followed by the Russian Legsweep. Hart covers but Nash kicks out. Hart goes for the cover again but Nash throws off Hart. Hart is hanging on the ropes and a baseball side by Nash. Hart is out. Nash goes for the steel chair but the referee takes it away. Referee argument ensues and Hart dropkicks the Chair away from Nash. Back in the ring, Nash tries for a powerbomb but Hart blocks it AND WE HAVE THE FIVE MOVES OF DOOM!!! Sharpshooter locked in and Scott Hall runs out to argue with the referee. Hart breaks the hold and a full time Hart-Hall brawl ensues, Nash recovers and out comes Davey Boy Smith, and they decide to take it Outside. While Hall gets the better of Davey Boy, Hart and Nash continue brawling over the barriers and the referee COUNTS THEM OUT!!! Hart and Nash eventually disappears from the ringside area as Scott Hall goes back with the nWo. We cut to the backstage and Hart and Nash are brawling in the parking lot, and Nash takes a camera and SMASHES it over Bret Hart! End of video, End of story. Oh well, atleast we didn’t a ridiculous DQ finish for Nash winning.

WINNER: NO CONTEST due to Double Countout at 29:45

420 RATING: A Surprisingly good match from Hart and Nash,with Nash looking very motivated possibly because he and Hart has legit heat. But the finish left a lot to be desired, but the positive point is they are going to continue the feud which is going to be good for both the workers,but hey! It’s better than what we expected this to be! ***3/4 for a thoroughly entertaining match, ¼* deducted only for finish.

Defense in The Desert promo airs again, we now go to see another kind of “Defense in the Desert”, Cowbody Dave Randall will defend his Bull Riding Rodeo Championship straight from the deserts of Arizona. Well there is sports entertainment for you.

Defense in the Desert #1 for the Bull Riding Rodeo Championship

Cowboy Dave Randall © vs Cowboy Mike Spurs

Spurs is dubbed to be from Phoenix,AZ so he gets huge face pops as home hero. Scott Hudson is on LIVE commentary from the Desert. Can’t really describe this thing, except that if they were real cowboys they looked pretty good and so did their bulls. Oh,well WCW is trying to go mainstream now,so can’t really complain about this kind of stuff, which is actually kinda fun to watch. Randall goes out first and stays on the bull for FULL Eight Seconds with cheers from the crowd. He looked pretty confident, and here comes Spurs to big cheers, and he is flanked of in Six Seconds!!! Boos from the crowd,because he didn’t at all looked confident up there. Alright SCORE TIME, Randall gets 45, Randall’s Bull gets 40, That’s 85, Which Hudson describes as exceptional!!! Spurs gets 30, Spurs’ Bull gets 35, That’s 65- so DAVE RANDALL HAS MADE A SUCCESFUL DEFENSE IN THE DESERT. Let’s see if Sting can follow the suit.

WINNER and STILL Champion: Dave Randall by 20 points up on the challenger.

We cut back from the desert, STRAIGHT into the arena and Scott Hall’s music hits the tron. The Defense is next.

WCW vs nWo Defense in the Desert: Sting © vs Scott Hall for the World Heavyweight Title

Hall taunts Sting beforehand and this enrages Sting who immediately sucker punches Hall down. Sting continues to punch Hall repeatedly on the face until Hall covers up. Sting lifts Hall but Hall counters and they grapple in a headlock sequence.Shoulder tackle by Hall but Sting comes back with a Handspring. Another grapple and Hall overpowers Sting and SLAMS Sting with a nice quad throw, early cover by Scott Hall and Sting get’s his shoulder off. Hall kicks Sting to the face before going for a legdrop but Sting moves out of the way.Sting recovers and he works on Hall’s shoulder for a while before going for an Armbar submission, Hall fights out with a back elbow but Sting counters with a forearm smash. Side headlock by Sting and he soon converts it to a Sleeper, but Hall is resiluant and fights back with repeated elbows to the groin, Sting breaks up the hold and tries to kick Hall but Hall moves out of the way. Slide by Hall to avoid Sting. Sting knocks Hall to the turnbuckles but Hall moves out of the way from a Stinger Splash. Scott Hall is now in control. Power Slam by Hall followed by another devastating Quad Throw. Hall covers Sting gets his foot on the rope. Sting gets back to his feet but Hall is continously on offense, with a Strech Slam, but STING NO SELLS! And we go to a slugfest with Sting coming out on Top. Sting goes for a vertical suplex Hall blocks and turns it into a back body drop. Hall kicks Sting again on the mat,and lifts him up for a Fireman’s Carry but CAN’T connect a powerslam as Sting repeatedly claws Hall’s eyes, so Sting takes down Hall with an AMAZING scissors! Sting is now in control as he subdues Hall with shots to the midsection. Sting with a DDT on Hall, and follows up with a Inverted Atomic Drop, Hall is down, Sting looks to go for the Deathlock but Hall somehow powers out of that one. Hall takes Sting down with his feet. Hall is up and he goes for a fallaway Slam, Sting counters and hits a Bulldog but loses control. Both men are down as Mr. Patrick makes his way to the ring FOR SOME SHITTY NWO RUN-IN STUFF WHICH ALWAYS MEAN SCREWEY ENDINGS. Patrick and Anderson argue amongst themselves as both men are on to their feet, Hall tries to whip Sting but Sting counters and whips Hall straight to Patrick! Good. Hall is on his feet and Sting tries for a Bodypress but Hall moves out of the way and Sting crashes to the ropes. Baseball slide and Sting is out. Hall meanwhile Outsiders Edges Anderson to hell as he goes out. Sting tries to get up but is brought down by a vicious clothesline by Scott Hall. Hall takes a steel chair and whacks Sting down, meanwhile we get reports that Bret Hart has suffered severe head injuries and he has been taken into a hospital and Nash has been escorted outside the arena to receive first aid. Oh well, I guess Nash isn’t poking his nose here. Back outside, Sting has recovered and is on his way to a Monster comeback. As he blocks a quad throw attempt and delivers a HUGE Scorpion Deathdrop on the Steel Steps to Hall. Meanwhile Nick Patrick regains conciousness first and disposes of Randy Anderson, Sting and Hall gets back to the ring with Sting still in control. They grapple, headlock sequence followed up by a slugfest which Hall wins, Hall delivers a face driver to Sting following it up with a Backbreaker. Sting is back but goes down again with a Headbutt. Hall is control as he taunts the crowd. He looks ot finish this off and signals for The Outsiders Edge!! Hall picks up Sting but STING TAKES DOWN HALL! With another Head Scissors! Damn Sting is acting like a Cruiserweight here, and he immediately follows it up with two belly to belly suplexes. Sting is now in control as he suplexes the hell out of Scott Hall but that is until Hall manages to get a low blow and facebusters Sting. Now both men are down again, and Randy Anderson regains conciousness. So we follow it up with yet another referee argument as Randy Savage makes his way out to the ring with a steel chair. DON’T TELL ME HE IS THE SECRET WEAPON!! Randy Savage comes running to the ring with Sting dropkicks the chair away from Savage. Savage is winded up as Sting gets back up to his feet and disposes off Savage with a Scorpion Deathdrop, meanwhile Randy Anderson has taken care of Nick Patrick. Front Face Lock by Sting as Hall tries to grab the ropes. The crowd is actually chanting HALL here and Hall gets to the ropes and they starts the STING chants again. Hall gets back to his feet and blocks an uppercut and connects the Fallaway Slam. Cover by Hall, Sting kicks out. Another cover, and Sting kicks out again. Hall is desperate as he connects a Gutbuster, but Sting still kicks out. Hall goes out and goes out of the ring to take the World Title Belt. Argument follows and Anderson is down. Hall is about to hit Sting with the belt but Sting kicks the belt straight to Hall’s face. Sting sits up and he punishes Hall right and left. Sting signals for the kill and LOCKS IN THE SCORPION DEATHLOCK!!! But there is no goddamned referee. The camera focuses under the ring and a hooded guy has just come out. ITS OUR SECRET WEAPON SIRS!!! The hooded guy [Really, WCW should change the mystery formula from now on.] has a fire extinguisher on his hand as he sneaks up behind Sting. Hall is tapping out but there is no referee. Sting leaves Hall turns behind TO GET CLOBBERED BY THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OF DEATH!!! Mr. X makes sure that Sting is down by actually operating the extinguisher. Oh great! So now we are out of Sports Entertainment Finishes so let’s go for Hardcore finishes. Hall recovers, Patrick recovers, SURELY HALL CAN’T BE THE CHAMPION!!! WE MUST HAVE A SWERVE HERE!!! Hall covers I MUST BE DREAMING COME ON MAN!! 1.. 2... WTF!!! HALL IS THE WORLD CHAMPION!!! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!

WINNER and NEW Champion [WTF?] Scott Hall via pinfall at 31:38 WCW 2 NWO 2

What the hell just happened are we sure that Hall is the champion? THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!! This is weird stuff man, I don’t know really what to say, nWo minus Nash comes out for party as the Hooded Guy reveals himself to be ????????????? LEX LUGER????????????? WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEX LUGER ATTACKING STING TO CROWN HALL THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is really weird booking. The match was cool though

420 RATING Can’t Really rate this stuff, this is all to weird.

FINAL RATING: ***3/4

FINAL THOUGHTS: Other than the completely weird Main Event, and an abysmal DDP/Steiner vs Scott/Vincent tag match, and maybe an half assed Tag Match the show was pretty solid and the matches were all top notch, even the Hart/Nash barring the stupid finish and the Senior Citizens Bout. But the Main Event, SCOTT HALL WORLD HEAVWEIGHT CHAMPION!! HOW WHO WHAT WHY???? I REALLY DON’T UNDERSTAND THE BOOKING TEAM...... AND FUCKING LEX LUGER THE MYSTERY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!! HE JUST GOT CLOBBERED BY THE NWO AT STARRCADE, I GUESS WCW WANTS US TO “Tune in to Nitro to Find Out” Really Weird Stuff.

Thumbs up for Superbrawl VIII, skip the DDP/Steiner vs Scott/Vincent match though and watch only portions of Senior Citizens and Goldberg’s match and try to figure out why WCW did what they did in the Main Event. Hall World Champion ?

We got a 1.27 buy rate for 'Superbrawl VIII'!

The attendance was 14810 people.

We made $3175000 from pay-per-view revenue.

We made $888600 from ticket sales.

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

Prediction Results

The only participant y2k got 4 out of 9 of the matches correct. You answered Questions 2 and 5 correctly out of 6 Tie Breaker Questions.

Unfortunately it is really stupid to give away prizes when there is one competitor,so no prize,however since you won the last contest, please PM me the card and the results of the Monday Nitro following Superbrawl VIII within 2 or 3 days so I can start simming and writing.

This update will end with the Monthly PPV report and WCW weekly news following shortly.

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Weekly WCW News

From February 16-22nd

· Lex Luger was not the first choice of WCW to interfere in the Sting/Hall Main Event. While Sting agreed to drop the title cleanly to Hall, WCW wanted an interference to spicen up things. Bret Hart, Ric Flair and Scott Steiner were other probables considered for this interference, but it is believed that it was Sting himself who persuaded the management to run-in Luger, so a Sting vs Luger feud can probably help Luger’s failing career in WCW.

· Although Kevin Nash wrestled far better against Hart than he did in recent times, Hart felt that Nash worked unessecarily stiff at times and he often forgot some spot and he botched some impact moves.

· Eddie Guerrero’s title loss can only signify the rumors that WCW is planning to move him to the Television Division. Although Booker T wants a feud with Raven, in the near future but yet he felt Mortis was not good enough for the TV title.

· Diamond Dallas Page and Scott Steiner are very likely to feud for the US Title in the coming months, with Raven and Benoit somewhere in the picture

· WCW is pleased with the team of Goldberg and Davey Boy, although they are still considering a singles Goldberg push, however since both men has a lot of intensity,the team might be quite successful.

· Curt Hennig was originally planned in the DDP/Rick vs Scott/Vincent tag match at Superbrawl VIII,but due to his injury,WCW were left with no other choice.

· Ric Flair and WCW seems to have come to some kind of agreement regarding their legal troubles although nothing has been fully settled yet,so WCW doesn’t expect Flair to return anytime soon.

· The Power Plant of WCW is desperately looking for some new agents, since the Current Lot is not enough for the Trainees, all of them regarded as “future champions”. Wrestlers Fit Finley and Arn Anderson might be removed form the Active Roster for work in the Power Plant.

Guest UmpireAJS

420 Wrestling Exclusive

The Very Special Specials Round-up

By David Roberts

February 1998 Edition

Hello and welcome to the monthly 420 Wrestling Specials round up where we discuss the performance of the major wrestling federations of North America in terms of their monthly special events.The NWA is a major exception here since they host Weekly PPV’s.Their performance February 1998 with the others will be judged later on. Well let’s get on with the Shows shall we.WCW and WWF were the only ones to run PPV’s this month with XWF and ECW opting for House Shows.So let’s start alphabetically

· Extreme Championshp Wrestling Cyberslam

Jerry Lynn defeated Danny Doring....Al Snow defeated Tracey Smothers....Chris Chetti defeated Doug Furnas....Lance Storm defeated Chris Candido....World Television Title Match: Taz defeated Brakkus to retain the title....First Blood Match: Justin Credible defeated Tommy Dreamer in a "first blood" match....Balls Mahoney, Axl Rotten, and Sandman defeated Kronus, New Jack, and Spike Dudley....Bam Bam Bigelow and Shane Douglas defeated Rob Van Dam and Sabu.

After a potentially studded card which nearly flopped in January, This card of ECW was not very good looking but we got some very good matches out of the ordinary and some average matches out of the worst. The opener was pretty strong with the veteran and the Rookie working quite well. Al Snow made the most out of next match, although he was unable to carry Smothers to a good bout. Chetti and Furnas was OK, but a Rookie Bout shouldn’t be on a Big Event. Storm and Candido had the potential to steal the show but Candido lacked severely,thus resulting this to be an average encounter. The next match was not noteworthy and it didn’t help either guy. The First Blood Match was pretty exciting although Credible going over Dreamer was a let-down,but a very violent and intriguing first blood match. The Six Man was average at it’s best but it was well recieved by the crowd. However the Main Event was pretty poor since Bam Bam and Douglas are in no position to beat the massively popular RVD and Sabu- and the match was pretty dragged too. But all in all,this card surpassed our hopes and it was not a disappointment like HostileCity Showdown. ***

· World Championship Wrestling Superbrawl VIII

BUY RATE: 1.27

Check out FULL Review and scoring at 420Wrestling.com Home Page

· World Wrestling Federation No Way Out

BUY RATE: 1.28

The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) defeated Goldust and Mark Mero (13:54) when Thrasher pinned Mero....World Light-Heavyweight Title Match: Taka Michinoku pinned Pantera (10:11) to retain the title....The Godwinns (Phinneaus and Henry) defeated The Quebecers (Jacques Rougeau and Pierre Oulette) (11:14) when Phinneus pinned Oulette...Ten Man Tag Team Match: Ken Shamrock, Ahmed Johnson, and Disciples of Apoclypse (Chainz, Eight Ball, and Skull) defeated The Nation of Domination (Farooq, Rocky Maivia, D-Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa, and Mark Henry) (13:46) when Shamrock forced Maivia to submit....Kane pinned Vader (10:59)....Eight Man Tag Team Main Event (No Disqualification): Steve Austin, Cactus Jack, Chainsaw Charlie, and Owen Hart defeated DeGeneration X (Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jesse James, and Billy Gunn) and Savio Vega (17:41) in a "No DQ" match when Austin pinned James.

The Much Hyped No Way Out Card which resulted more buy rates than Superbrawl VIII wasn’t actually quite stellar. With Michaels injured, fans speculated that HBK has left for WCW and some superstar from WCW will be filling in, but to their utter disappointment it turned out only to be Savio Vega! The opener was okay but it was not exactly a hot one to get the crowd pumped up, and so they remained dead during an awesome Light Heavyweight Title match, and nearly slept during the tag team match. The Ten Man Tag had it’s moments as Maivia, Shamrock, Farooq and Brown wrestled pretty well. But then again Mustafa, Henry and The Disciples really dragged down the match but the crowd was hot for this one. The much hyped Kane vs Vader turned into a mere pointless slugfest with both men clueless about what to do. It really saddens me to see WWF wasting Vader like this. Then the fabled Main Event- The No Way Out Match. The match was very exciting with slugfests, wild brawls, high spots occuring everywhere but really there was not much psychology in this thing, but it was exciting so say the least. In the end it was a satisfying win for the faces with the Austin push continuing. Wrestlemania XIV looks stellar but this card wasn’t better than Royal Rumble by any means ***1/4

· X Wrestling Federation Adrenaline Rush

Brian Adams def. Michael Wallstreet in a Silver Dollar Match.... Greg Valentine and Honky Tonk Man def. Dan Spivey and One Man Gang.... The Nasty Boys and Forces of Nature drew in a Torando Tag Match for the World Tag Team Titles.... Chris Adams def. Stan Lane by cheating in a Gentleman’s Match... Scott Norton def. Public Enemy in a Norton Challenge Handicap Match.... Jim Duggan pinned Ed Leslie to win the United States Championship... Jake Roberts pinned Ultimate Warrior via Mike Tyson interference... Battle of the Giants #2 Hulk Hogan and The Giant fought to a no contest, hence still champion Hulk Hogan.

Another XWF shows, more crappy wrestling for me to watch, but I have to admit that they tried to do the stuff entertaining this time. Strange, you do things shit in PPV, and do things entertaining in House Shows. Oh, well Hogan is booking. Adams and Wallstreet wrestled in possibly the match of the night albeit with a stupid Gimmick. The next match came in the worst. In the tag titles match, Nasty Boys DID have some moments against the incredibly idiotic Forces of Nature but a Stupid Finish really ruined it. Adams and Lane wrestled to a respectable match, and so did Scott Norton and Public Enemy, with Norton getting a Goldberg-ish push. Jake Roberts probably tried everything to put a good match against Warrior, but even Hardcore wrestling and Celebrity inteferences didn’t lift the match up. The crowd was active during the Main Event which turned out to be a rather entertaining slugfest ending with a Hoganesque stupid finish. * Well atleast they are maintaining the same standard.

THE BEST: Although Buy rates spoke otherwise Superbrawl VIII was easily the best all-round PPV.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UmpireAJS

pressures continue to escalate in my school and as a result I will have to reduce the Thunder/Saturday Night results to one-liners and The Uncensored results will have to be shortened. Sorry about that.

WCW Monday Nitro Preview

LIVE 8/7 CT on TNT from America West Arena in Phoenix,AZ

Last night, STING failed to make a succesful defense in the Desert as SCOTT HALL walked away with the WCW title, mainly due to the efforts of the returning LEX LUGER. Why Luger did this to his best friend when he was actually injured at the hands of the nWo, is still a mystery and many are at shock. Perhaps we will find that out tonight?

RAVEN and CHRIS BENOIT wrestled to an awesome bout last night with Benoit winning,but now they're going to clash for the final time,tonight for a Superbrawl VIII rematch.But the stakes for this match are high,as the winner gets to face DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE for the US title at Uncensored.

GOLDBERG and DAVEY BOY SMITH defeated the Tag Team Champions Buff Bagwell and Konnan to win the Tag Titles last night, tonight is their first defense against RICK MARTEL and SATURN. Will their first defense be their last?

BRET HART and KEVIN NASH brawled forever last night as no winner was found out last night.How will both men respond tonight since their issue seems far from over?

Also in the house will be the nWo members RANDY SAVAGE who retired Rowdy Roddy Piper last night, The New World Heavyweight Champion SCOTT HALL.In the house will be the WCW United States Champion DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE and a slew of other prominent WCW/nWo Superstarts,so don't miss Monday Nitro LIVE on TNT 8/7 CT Tonight!

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Monday Nitro Short Recap

By Michael Killings

user posted image

Monday Nitro is LIVE from America West Centre in Phoenix, AZ

Your Hosts are Tony and Bobby

Superbrawl VIII H/L’s are shown.

The champions music hits the ring and here comes the New World Heavyweight Champion Scott Hall and I’m still at shock at what happened at the Main Event. Hall World Champion!! Hall cuts an usual promo on Sting before bringing out the nWo, and Eric Bischoff again declares nWo the winner of Superbrawl VIII since they gained Lex Luger. Bischoff says that they’ve more surprises on the line for WCW. But for now Lex Luger gets the mic and bores us why he turned on Sting,yada yada-we all heard the same BS for anybody who turns on his partner. Anyways here is the important stuff, Eric Bischoff says if Sting wants a title shot at Scott Hall, tonight he must overcome the team of Randy Savage and Scott Steiner without any help whatsoever from team WCW. Luger is guaranteed a match against Sting at Uncensored,no matter what happens in between. Hmm this is a hint of NUMEROUS attacks on Sting are going to follow, but Luger vs Sting- YUCK! Hall says that since he is a fighting champion he will defend his title tonight! [And I’m betting it will be his last title defense, OH WAIT! Sting is going to take Hall at some point of time so that’s gonna be his last defense, so tonight Hall’s gonna pick a jobber of some sorts, Bad Nitro Main Events are back baby!] and he picks... No Body,he says he will find “the” guy from backstage. Let’s hope it’s not Rick Steiner. Oh well we can always count on Hall ending Goldberg’s streak.

Dean Malenko and Booker T def. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho, apparently Eddies’ heel turn is a flop,so they are going to turn him face,but really a stupid tweener situation is not required. The match was pretty exciting,although Booker T seemed really the odd man out,since he can’t do a tad of High Flying Wrestling. Eddie is getting face chants,makes me wonder whether the fans noted the face turn or anything. A slightly poor performance for Machino tonight,but since he almost had to carry the semi-injured Jericho to a **** match,that’s understandable. Match ends when Jericho tries to hit Booker T with a spinning heel kick but apparently finds Eddie instead [it so suspiciously looked that Booker forgot the spot and Eddie had to drag himself in] and before Jericho can start WHINING Malenko takes him down. Book End, 3 count. Follow up with argument and brawling between Eddie and Jericho,this should be one hell of a feud by the way. ***1/4

Meanwhile STING!! Has arrived in the arena, he looks increasingly frustrated and is met by Konnan in the parking lot, I told ya Sting is going to be targeted like anything because Luger is afraid that Sting will totally dominate him and so WCW will have Luger vs Glacier at Uncensored, however Sting makes a Goldberg-ish squash out of Konnan anyway and heads to the back.

Speaking of Goldberg and Davey Boy,they have a title defense in hand against Rick Martel and SATURN!! Apparently Zenk is injured or something.

Goldberg and Davey Boy Smith def. Rick Martel and Saturn to retain the World Tag Team Titles even though Martel and Saturn are better wrestlers than Bagwell and Konnan and match was some two minutes shorter, the crowd never got into this and chose to chant for STING!! Instead, which confused Goldberg to hell as he broke his series of good matches recently with a sub-par performance. Davey showed lack of energy, no matter how menacing he looks. Not an yawner by any means but after a hot opening encounter and STING!! This bout looked a total downer. Finish came with Goldberg squashing Martel with the Usual. And apparently, the spicers have just arrived as DISCO attacks Saturn, FOR actually no apparent reason, must’ve set something on Thunder, but MONSTER MORTIS trudges out and attacks Disco, now that had a point since it appeared that Mortis vs Disco was on the line for a feud for sometime. So Pointless brawling led us to commercials. Call this **

Meanwhile Scott Hall is backstage and he runs into DDP! Scott Hall throws his toothpick at DDP and DDP is almost looking to Freeze or Ignite Hall with his MONSTER STARE! Hall tells him to take it cool since he will like a WCW Champion vs nWo Champion very much. DDP agrees, WAO! The actually made a GREAT MAIN EVENT!! It’s DDP vs Scott Hall, Champion vs Champion Main Event for the World Heavyweight Title. Eric Bischoff mocks DDP for a while, and DDP almost Diamond Cutters Bischoff [it would really make my day] but Bischoff warns abut lawsuits, securities and some other legal stuff which confused DDP as we head to..

THE HORSEMEN LOCKER ROOM!!! Hey it’s Rematch time, Chris Benoit vs Raven, as long as every Benoit match has it’s rematch I’m marking for it, but it’s for the #1 Contendership for the US Title,okay Benoit loses this one. Arn Anderson peps his boy up, come on Arn you are smarter than that, honestly can you imagine Benoit with any kind of major singles title in WCW [Oh! If Hall can win the World Title then I’m not ruling him out,but cross your fingers-it’s almost 1% likely to happen,Hall is a Clique member afterall.] Oh well,the match..

Chris Benoit and Raven drew in the Superbrawl VIII rematch to setup a friggin’ Triple Threat Match I believe. Can’t there be any actual RIVALRY between Three Guys to setup such match! Why does it have to be stupid #1 Contenders Time Limit expiring thing all the time anyway. A great TV match that you can expect from the two guys occurs anyway with exciting spots that kept the crowd going, Increase in SmarK’s in the crowd makes 420 happy. The usual TWO and OHHH chants were heard a lot of times and when Benoit almost CRUSHED Raven’s back with a Vertical the crowd really booed Benoit. You see,no matter how much obstacles they can overcome,how much crisp technique or raw power they have, nobody likes Bland Uncharismatic Midgets. So take that and turn Benoit and Machino,maybe then they can get some reactions,although the IWC may kill WCW for that. Okay,now the stupid finish- Benoit sets up a nice powerbomb but Raven stomps his way back and lands in a nice neckbreaker. DEVIOUS Saturn sneaks up and tries to hit Benoit but clobbers Raven instead somehow missing the eyes of the referee, Double Countout end of story. ***3/4

When we are back from Commercials, Benoit and Raven are arguing, as usual. They’re waiting outside Bischoff’s office and I’m calling for a Triple Threat anyways.

Bret Hart comes out to the ring,so we finally found where the hell Nash and Hart went to. Hart is badly hurt and is all patched up. Hart was given the night off along with Nash after their bloddy backstage battle but he is back because he wants to challenge KEVIN NASH!! Again! Come on Bret, are you that eager to job to the guy, I mean you got really lucky when you got the draw. Hart challenges Nash into a match at Uncensored and this brings out Nash himself, he is patched up too but he looks satisfied unlike Hart [probably knows Hart is going to job to him anyway].Nash accepts but says since their rivalry can’t restrict itself in the ring, he has a better idea to finish this off. Since Uncensored is an event where uh.. Wacky matches happen Nash challenges Hart to an anything goes Uncensored rules match to find out who is the best,thus firmly securing Nash’s victory since Hart sucks at this slugfests anyaway. But hey! It’s going to be better than Sting vs Lex Luger, possibly for the World Heavyweight Title. No wonder Wrestlemania always kills Uncensored.

LEX LUGER is heading out to the ring, for god’s sake Eric we don’t need him cutting YET ANOTHER PROMO!

We are back and it’s JUVENTUD GUERRERA!! In the ring all emotional about his cruiserweight title victory, Eric comes out and congratulates Juvi and says he has his first title defense right here right now! And you’re opponent is........ LEX LUGER!! Why do you have to squash one of the most talented guys in the roster just to feed a horrible bugger who wants to feud with Sting to gain his creditibility back? Mark my words WCW, LUGER SUCKS and anything you do won’t get him his popularity back again, NOT EVEN STING can do that.

Lex Luger def. Juventud Guerrera in a squash, Juvi got some few shots, which were either blocked or no-sold by Luger. Atomic drop, Torture Rack end of story. DUD Heck atleast Goldberg has some killer finishers.

STING hits the ring and starts a brawl immediately with Lex Luger, however Randy Savage and Scott Steiner soon hits the ring to pound on Sting, so we have..

Sting def. Randy Savage and Scott Steiner in a surprisingly good match-up. Other than Luger interfering every half a minute and some Savage stalling, Scott Steiner possibly wrestled the best match in his life and Sting looked pretty good too, COULD THIS BE AN INDICATION THAT STING IS GOING TO WIN THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE? TUNE IN TO NITRO TO FIND OUT! Some bad wrestling by Savage really got the crowd to start A**HOLE chants but thankfully, Steiner tagged himself in to redeem that. Sting looked quite blowed up in the end, but Flexy Lexy got involved and saved us from that, okay that’s one good thing Luger did after his return. Match ends with Sting nailing the Deathdrop on Steiner with Robinson making the count, no matter how hard Luger or EVIL Nick Patrick tried. You know I’m smelling a Charles Robinson vs Nick Patrick encounter in the near future. ***1/4

We get the inevitable nWo beat-down follow up as Hall joins in to make a Four-on-one but DDP runs in to make things a bit good for team WCW. Road Agents finally get the ring cleared up since we’ve still got our Main Event left, Having the nWo beat-down before the Main Event is a good thing,because I think we can probably expect a clean Main Event. But ofcourse this is WCW, so EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!

Scott Hall def. Diamond Dallas Page to retain the World Heavyweight Title in a clean match!! OH BAH GAWD!! The match was pretty hot with the usual you can expect from Hall and DDP, some slugfest followed by some Super Power moves. Power bomb reversals ,endless tauntings and oh yeah! Some Damn good Fallaway slams. Hall actually got the face reaction more than DDP since when he kicked out of a Pancake the crowd clearly cheered Hall. Ending came with Hall blocking the Diamond Cutter and turning it to an Outsiders Edge. Three count, and the crowd was happy. IWC was probably happy too since a fair amount of technique was seen but the Steel Steps and Kitchen Sinks [sorry no Kitchen Sinks] really worked up the crowd. A good wild brawl this with little stalling a clean finish, enough iniative for me to rate this one ***3/4 Great TV Main Event of recent times.

While Hall was busy celebrating, Sting came down from the rafters STRAIGHT into Hall’s face [Eric Bischoff take a note,he was told by the road agents to leave] with a baseball bat, how the hell did he get up to the rafters anyway. Sting points the SHAFT OF DOOM to Hall and asks for his rematch next week, apparently Hall is too busy celebrating and drinking some booze so he half-heartedly agrees, . but when he does realise what he has done,he comes FACE TO FACE with Sting and looks frustrated. Sting points the SHAFT OF DOOM again, and we fade to black with this confrontation. Enjoy your little reign Hall for this week.

FINAL RATING:***1/2 with a pretty good match line-up, a damn good TV Main Event, and only two horrors [including a Lex Luger squash] and some great angles, this Nitro was definitely a hot one although it was nothing that spectacular as signs that next few Nitro’s are going to be flops are imminent. Still it was a good one,not as good as RAW though since they’re really doing Austin and Michaels HARD SELL there.

RATINGS

Nitro 5.42

RAW 5.65

1998 WARS Nitro 3 RAW 5

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

Promo of the Night!!!

nWo Interview

[nWo's music hits the ring as they come out looking extremely happy,Luger is booed heavily as he gives the finger to some of the fans,Hall is looking cocky with the World Heavyweight Title,Savage is wearing a Piper Sucks T-Shirt,Bagwell and Konnan looks a bit sulky though.Scott Steiner and Vincent looks OK.No sign of Kevin Nash as Eric Bischoff steps into the ring and asks for the mike.]

Bischoff:The scoreboard last night between WCW and nWo again stood 2-2,but just like Souled Out,the nWo is stronger after Superbrawl VIII,since we regained our World Heavyweight Title belt [Hall shows it off proudly to get tremenedous heat],we retired a washed-up has-been [savage shows his Piper sucks T-Shirt to the fans] and most importantly we gained a new member.

[The crowd boos as Luger flexes.]

Bischoff:Now this member isn't just any member.He is a guy that you folks in WCW believed that would NEVER join the nWo,you thought he would never betray his fans and you thought he will never betray his best friend,STING [cheers for Sting],but he,Lex Luger stands here tonight,tall and proud as a member of the nWo after did what you thought he wasn't capable of.You know that's EXACTLY what nWo is all about,we push the limits,and our members do the unthinkable- and that's what Lex Luger did last night.

[Asshole chants for Luger,Luger grabs the mike.]

Luger:SHUT UP! The Total Package DEMANDS your silence dammit! [The asshole chants gets louder].You ask me why I've joined the nWo after I got injured in the first place by them? It taught me a very valuable lesson. It showed me that WCW was worthless and it was a company NOT WORTH DYING FOR! Where was DDP when I got beaten down by nWo? Where was Piper when Buff Bagwell brutally assaulted me, where was Sting,where were you Sting when Nash threw me off the stage, you were NOWHERE to be seen and yet you proclaim that You are my best friend. Well Sting,with Friends like those It's better to STICK WITH THE ENEMIES,Which is Exactly what I did.After thinking long and hard all this time I realized that WCW is nothing.It is comprised of a group of worhtless egomaniac slugs who do not look out for their buddies.They don't care about anything other than how they can be the champion by eliminating everybody else by hook or by crook.But here in the nWo,we are a family,everybody watches everybody's backs-we share our problems.It makes me feel at home UNLIKE WCW where your best friend is no better than your worst enemy.And in nWo success is imminent,since the nWo works hard for success,but in WCW,you are going to get pulled down if you try to succeed,just like I was.So I can say, SCREW WCW,nWo IS THE PLACE TO BE AND I DONT CARE WHAT ANY OF YOU SLUGS THINK ABOUT IT.But THE TOTAL PACKAGE IS GOING TO TERRORISE ALL YOUR LITTLE WCW SUPERSTARTS,STARTING FROM TONIGHT.

[The crowd boos as Eric gets the mike]

Bischoff:THAT was a killer Lex,now to express the nWo's gratitude to you Lex,which WCW rarely does,I'm going to give you what you want.I know you want to rip apart Sting for what he failed to do to you as your best friend.So you got it Lex.At Uncensored it's going to be Sting vs Lex Luger-One on One.And Sting, I know you are quite frustrated of losing the World Heavyweight Title, But I am a fair man Sting and you know what,I'm going to give you an opportunity for wrestling Hall for the Heavyweight title.All you got to do is to defeat Randy Savage and Scott Steiner tonight in a handicap match,without the help of any of your fellow WCW members.If you can do that Sting,Hall is yours at anytime you want-any place you want and at any stipulation you want!

[Hall whispers something to Bischoff,Bischoff hands him the mike.]

Hall:Hey Yo!

[The crowd boos Hall for this]

Hall:I see you guys are upset so I will skip the survey and get down to business.See,Sting I am really sorry about that Luger thing,but you know it was his personal decision to screw you,but yo! We're going to give you a chance.So tonight if you can beat Savage and Steiner chico,I'm all yours. BUT... Just to show that I'm the real deal,I'm a FIGHTING World Champion,ya know what I'm gonna do chicos,I'm gonna DEFEND my World Heavyweight Title right here tonight.

[The crowd cheers]

Hall:Yeah that's right,I'm gonna defend my title tonight AGAINST... [Hall pauses,the crowd chants for STING]..I'm gonna tell you what,I've got two or three guys in mind,so I'm gonna think over this and let ya know....but Tonight It's going to be The Bad Guy making his first title defense like the fighter he is chico! Peace

[Hall gives the mike to Savage]

Savage:OOOH YEAH! THE MACHOOOOOO MAN IS IN THE HOUSE. You called me a washed-up,you called me a has-been but you see I'm still here and I sent the real has been Piper to where he belongs to the Oklahama old age home. So Piper enjoy your little life what you got left of it after I gave the beating of a lifetime to you brotha! ride your little cattles grow you little cocounts and play your little bagpipers with the goats but DON'T EVER EVER come to mess with the MACHOOOO MAN OOH YEAH!!

[savage hands the mike to Bischoff]

Bischoff:So there you have it Ladies and Gentleman.Tonight we will find how tough Sting is,how MAN Sting is.That's all,and don't forget that WE LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!

[bischoff drops the mike,the crowd boos and the nWo music hits the ring again as they leave the ring.]

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW THUNDER AND SATURDAY NIGHT RESULTS

Thunder

1.Eric Bischoff makes DDP vs Raven vs Benoit for the US Title at Uncensored,announces Jericho vs Eddie Guerrero #1 Contenders match for the TV Title

2.Ultimo Dragon and Billy Kidman def. Rey Mysterio and Juvi,Ultimo wins by cheating with the CW title on Juvi.

3.Jannetty challenges Luger

4.Lex Luger def. Jannetty

5.Disco is attacked backstage by Mortis and Saturn,Malenko saves

6.Goldberg def. Sick Boy

7.Chris Jericho promo on Eddie and Booker T

8.Eddie Guerrero def. Chris Jericho by roll-up when Jericho's foot was on the ropes.Jericho attacks the ref. after the match

RATING:1.99

SATURDAY NIGHT

1.H/L's

2.Lodi/Morrus/Finley def. Glacier/Eaton/Lane

3.Ultimo attacks Juvi backstage

4.Davey Boy def. Rick Martel by DQ, Bagwell attacks Davey Boy

5.Bagwell/Konnan demands title shots,Bischoff tells them to wait.

6.Raven def. Rey Mysterio Jr.

7.Malenko offered a spot in the Dancing Fools,calmy rejects-but says he will help them.

8.The Dancing Fools def. Eric Watts/Saturn and Mortis.Flock attacks later on but Malenko saves.Dancing Fools celebrate by dancing,while Malenko looks grim-jawed

RATING:2.12

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Month Ending Headlines

February 1998

· National Wrestling Alliance has fall into deep financial troubles. With no major backing, NWA is running a Weekly PPV system, which is although praised has failed to give them significant profits. Thus inspite of their rising popularity, NWA is losing. Time Warner Inc. has made a recent donation of $1 Million to help the NWA to come out of their financial difficulties, but it’s only about 1/10th of the money they are falling back on.

· The Decision of the WCW Management to Depush Rick Steiner has only made him unhappy,especially at the fact that his brother is on the line for big pushes. But WCW says that Rick is neither world-class in wrestling or in entertainment.

· The contracts of Lodi and Norman Smiley have been renewed by WCW for the next year.

· WWF has got the edge over WCW with their series of RAW wins over Nitro, WWF is pushing their young talents heavily thus attracting the young viewers. Although Scott Hall is the WCW Champion, the younger segment isn’t quite attracted by him and is turning to Austin and Michaels.

· ECW is said to have changed their style from Pure Hardcore to Sports Entertainment based Hardcore to gain more fan base,but Hardcore fans of Philly and So-Cal are very unhappy at this move.

· XWF and ECW are both desperate to gain new TV shows. So is the NWA as their current format is turning out to be disaster.

· After their dismal performance in January, PPV companies have refused to show XWF shows on PPV.

· WWF has now got Three Primetime Shows as opposed to one in WCW. They’ve recently acquired WWF Smackdown! On Fridays with UPN. This will definitely give WWF the edge to showcase their talents and to improve their storylines. WCW, however is not worried about this and are considering to stick with Nitro only. TBS has however signalled that Thunder is ready to go Primetime at any Moment.

· WCW is looking to push their envelope a bit in the coming months to attract young viewers, in tandem with their planned push to younger guys. Younger announcers and other staffs may be brought into to go with the new look WCW is wanting.

· Dusty Rhodes has opened up a new wrestling promotion the Championship Contest Wrestling [website http://www.ccwrestling.com]. Time Warner Inc. is said to have given full support to Rhodes in doing this and has provided Rhodes with a third of the promotion’s funding,so Rhodes might be out from WCW for a while. WCW feels that this is a great chance for them to test out their talents in the Power Plant. The top-line stars currently representing CCW are

1. Former WWF worker Ahmed Johnson

2. AJPW Superstar Kenta Kobyashi

3. AJPW Superstar Johnny Ace

4. Former WWF Superstar Tatanka

5. Former WCW Superstar Ray Traylor

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Monthly Promotional Round-up

FEBRUARY 1998

The war for supremacy in the world of Pro Wrestling continues so let’s find out if WCW has finally got the edge on WWF or if Marks are still watching Hogan vs Giant with this round-up.

· 5:X Wrestling Federation

Hey, The orange goblin’s men has survived another month! Albeit without a TV Show. Although I’ve to admit that they atleast tried to put in some entertaining crap, and that’s refreshing because with their roster that’s the max they can do. Plenty of action from The Giant, Warrior, Roberts and the goblin that people liked. Although the IWC has been against XWF but they prove the fact that old-school entertainment STILL draws! Agreed that their PPV was shittier than their house shows, but it’s excusable since Hogan is booking. On top of that Adams and Wallstreet are continuing to put on good matches consistently, other things like the Adams William Regal-esque Gimmick and Scott Norton push are drawing too,but the goblin has got to realise brotha that this crap, how entertaining it might be won’t draw in forever, so if they really want to survive in the jungle, they better start some hot ideas soon enough. *1/2

· 4: Extreme Championship Wrestling

With a better Large event than the Hostilecity Showdown and some overall improvement in wrestling and angles, ECW’s future still doesn’t look bright since they’ve publicly announced that they are going to approach things from the more sports entertainment POV. This has enraged the “True ECW Hardcore” fans from Philly and from So-Cal. Paul, I understand your approach for gaining in more profit, but really-if you don’t give your real fan base what they want it is hard for a company to stand tall. So I think declaring this was a pretty bad idea. Although for a short period of time ECW may draw more fans from the mark based community since they’ve got plenty of entertainers in Tazz, RVD, Sandman and co. but the IWC and Their real fanbase are going to shy away more and more,which is going to bring them losses in the long-run. And no matter how Risky Sports Entertainment they potray their product to be,It’s surely not going to draw anything WWF or WCW does. So,bad move Paul- let’s hope they survive this somehow.

**3/4

· 3: National Wrestling Alliance

The only consistently improving promotion of the lot, NWA are in dire financial troubles thanks to their uncanny format. No matter how much you hard sell your weekly PPV’s you are never going to draw more than 0.40, just because the sheer amount of money it costs you by buying 4 or 5 times a week is much more than buying a Monthly PPV. The wrestling has been pretty good with the NWA vs Japan angle advancing nicely, complete with a Shock Jeff Jarrett heel turn moving him into Japan. Masa Chono’s World Title reign is also excellent as it is full of surprises. And the NWA Undercard is pure gold, with the best of the Indies competing there. But the essence of a promotion is to make money and other than that NWA has been doing everything right. If they do not get a TV show soon enough NWA may be out of the business in the near future. ***1/4

· 2:World Championship Wrestling

One can’t overly complain about WCW’s performance in February since it is not something you will call bad or even average. But really underexposure of their Main Storylines, now they are multiple in number since focus has shifted from nWo, and their lower carder talents are hurting WCW big time with their loss of casual fans who are shifting to WWF,who now have all the TV time in the world to advance their storylines and show new faces into. Push of younger guys like Jericho,Benoit,Booker T and Eddie Guerrero has been great so far and it’s nice to see they’re finally giving some importance to the Cruiserweight Division. Also I like about WCW is their marketing strategy about Goldberg. He’s not being used in full potential, lest he is a flop. Instead they are using him bit by bit thus hoping to use his gimmick longer, because that’s the only asset he has. I also have no complement with Bret Hart push or Scott Hall being the World’s Champion, [although by very stupid means]-but really a casual fan will just walk into WCW and walk out clueless since he will not get the hang on the storylines. The reason: You’ve got Seven or Eight stories and you’ve only got 2 hours to show them. This is going to hurt them in the long run unless they turn Thunder Primetime. ***1/2

· 1:World Wrestling Federation

Improving rapidly inspite of an average PPV are the WWF. Now with Three Primetime TV slots, marketing their top storylines and even the least known talents is not a problem for McMahon. Add to that WWF is consistently going for pushing younger talents, instead of being held back by the old-timers. Although matches like Kane-Vader disappoints but overall WWF has been making rapid strides. Their light heavyweight division looks pretty good, and so is the new DX concept, which is not exactly a nWo copyright many people billed it to be. Austin, Maivia and Helmsley are turning everything into gold and that’s THE formulae which has been working for WWF for quite a while now. But really stupid things like Savio Vega, constant depushing of Vader needs to go if they really want to go to the top. WWF is still too Sports Entertainment based for IWC’s liking, and this might not draw Hardcore fans from WCW to WWF, but the marks will flock to WWF in numbers. But then again WWF must be careful not to overexpose any of their talents. But at the moment, it seems the WWF is indeed in the right track to dethrone WCW. ***1/2

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Monday Nitro Short Recap

By Michael Killings

user posted image

Monday Nitro is LIVE from MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV

Your Hosts are Tony and Bobby

Ultimo Dragon def. Dean Malenko in a kind of meh cruiserweight match. I mean the match wasn’t awfully bad and I wasn’t expecting a J-Crown classic but really given the quality of the recent TV Crusier matches this was a downer, and the crowd showed it too. Instead of some thinking wrestling by Ultimo or Malenko,this was kind of rushed and had little psychology and quickly turned it into a spot-fest. Pretty short bout too, IS ERIC BISCHOFF BOOKING THE CRUISERWEIGHT MATCHES!!! Then this is a poor start Eric. Ending came with Mortis clobbering Malenko’s head letting Dragon get the pin. Juventud Guerrera comes and attacks Ultimo Dragon on his way back. Poor start to the show but it’s a Cruiserweight match nonetheless. ***

Kevin Nash comes into the ring and has some generic harsh words for Bret, ofcourse if you knew you will be winning a PPV bout well in advance you will be happy like the geriatric too. The crowd is least interested and they even chant BORING when Nash decides to enlighten us with a video footage showing the brutality of Uncensored matches. They finally wake up when Bret Hart comes out to address Nash. The usual verbal jousting follows until Nash loses his compsure and attacks Hart,but Hart reverses his attacks and knocks Nash down with a Russian Legsweep. WAO! Clique members selling a Hart move so well was never seen before. Ya know, you can say anything but I can feel my respect growing for Nash,now my life would be complete if only Nash jobs to Hart.

Chris Jericho comes out for colour commentary,It’s Booker T vs Eddie Guerrero for the Television Title and I can see Triple Threat written all over a future TV Title match.

Booker T def. Eddie Guerrero to retain the Television Title in the second disappointment of the night. FOR GOD’S SAKE ERIC DO NOT BOOK THIS MATCHES. Booker looked quite good but Eddie looked unmotivated, seemingly disappointed because he was restricted to slugfests with Booker T which his NOT his style and something he is not capable of doing well. We would’ve rather seen a clash of styles and the crowd expressed their disappointment. Next time, TELL YOUR WORKERS to use their style to their advantage. Big time blow up by Eddie, thanks to him being restricted on the mat. Booker was good but he is not your guy to carry an opponent. Finish came with Booker hitting the Book End for a perfect count. **1/2 poor booking. After the match, to confirm my Triple Threat suspicions, Chris Jericho attacks Eddie Guerrero.

We are back from the commercials and it’s obligatory nWo Interview time and Eric Bischoff comes out with a ROULETTE!! WHAT? Apparently since we are in LV, Eric wants to spice things up by hosting a little Nitro Roulette here. Our Main Event is Hall vs Sting with a stipulation yet to be decided, and Eric makes a WCW vs nWo match featuring Bret Hart and the World Tag Team Champions against Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash and the Machooooo man. Great! Two Senior Citizens in one match, combined with a no-seller, and a steroid freak. So let’s spin the wheel make the deal, classic old school style, aaaaaaaaand..... it’s a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE match for the Main Event and let’s spin the wheel again aaaaaaaaaand.... it’s a RELAY MATCH FOR THE SEMI MAIN EVENT!! Now what the hell is that, this is not Olympics squad. Anyway Eric Bischoff now has his BIG Announcement. Much like last year there is going to be another WCW vs nWo match at Uncensored, only this time it’s going to be a Survivor Match. Bischoff selects Scott Steiner, Randy Savage AAAAAAAND he gives a choice to Buff Bagwell and Konnan, either they are going to join nWo to take on WCW or they can take on Goldberg and Davey Boy for a rematch at Uncensored. OH TEH SUSPENSE, and Bagwell and Konnan decides to join the nWo, so Bischoff rewards Bagwell with a match against.... REY MYSTERIO!! Holy cow! Another BAD match!! He says that WCW better submit their team and their desired stipulation if they win in 2 weeks. Meanwhile nWo’s victory stipulation that they will get title shots against any WCW members holding titles and ONE member of nWo’s choosing must defect from WCW to nWo. SWEEEEET!!!

Meanwhile, Chris Ben-WAH meets up with DDP, They aren’t friends since they’re looking to be the US Champion after Uncensored but they will work together against the DEVIOUS team of Raven and Saturn.

Chris Benoit and Diamond Dallas Page def. Raven and Saturn finally a good match after two crapfests [well they had a ***** potential anyway],and the crowd going along with LET’S GO BEN-WAH and OWWWWWWW! When Raven escaped the crossface, heck they even responded to a taunt by Saturn. But DDP ruined it in the middle by somehow refusing to sell repeated chops from Saturn, resulting in YOU SOLD OUT chants from the crowd. But overall a very good match anyway, not a classic but it’s still worth ***1/2 Ending came with Benoit making Saturn tap out. Eventually the Flock came out to take out Benoit and DDP and we cut to the back with Raven standing tall with The United States Championship

Elsewhere, Scott Hall is walking tall backstage with the World Heavyweight Title until he hears a loud THUD behind him. A sack just missed him by quarter of an inch. Hall is startled and looks around and finds a note, OPEN THE SACK it says. Hall does as said and finds a Baseball bat, a replica of the World Heavyweight title and a can of white paint. Hall looks scared by this and exits the scene quickly. Meanwhile we focus on the rafters over the arena and find our friend hanging out. Fun stuff. Sting playing mind games just rawks!

Buff Bagwell def. Rey Mysterio Jr. even if the match was executed correctly it couldn’t have been more than 3 starts but I guess to save for the relay and the Main Event WCW just made other matches near squashes, but to make squashes with wrestler who actually can provide entertaining wrestling is a BAD idea, I hope Eric or whoever is booking abstains from using this stuff the second time. Bagwell was on offense for the six odd minutes and this match almost looked like a filler, and Mysterio barely moved at all. Poor poor match. Ending came with Bagwell Blockbustering Mysterio for the pin. *1/2

Let’s see if WCW’s much hyped Relay match or World Heavyweight Title match can save the night from being a total crapfest, although the segments in-between were entertaining and good.

Meanwhile it’s pep talk time for team WCW, and naturally with Goldberg involved, they doesn’t trust each other. I’m still counting for a Goldberg heel turn in the near future.

Bret Hart, Davey Boy and Goldberg def. Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner and Randy Savage in a Six-Man Relay match. For the uninitiated [that’s practically everybody watching!] A Relay match is an Eighteen Minute Time Limit match with each of the six competitors wrestling for three minutes, each wrestling twice that is. In those three minutes a referee is going to control the in-ring action and Two Outside enforcers [Dastradly Patrick and Charles Robinson in this case,so expect LOT of argument when it comes to decision calling.] are going to decide who outwrestled his opponent and ONE FALL is going to be awarded on that. So there are Six Falls, if Falls are equal we go to sudden death overtime. So basically these are mini-squashes in a match, since only Hart and Davey Boy can “technically” out-wrestle on another. Enough of the rules crap, let’s start.

· Goldberg and Scott Steiner: Goldberg dominates Steiner, clock stops when Goldberg get’s 2 count, WCW 1 nWo 0

· Bret Hart and Kevin Nash: Nash reverses a Sharpshooter in the last moment, your basic referee argument and decision goes to the nWo, WCW 1 nWo 1

· Davey Boy and Randy Savage: Davey Boy sells a rather poor Elbow drop wonderfully, so it’s WCW 1 nWo 2

· Goldberg and Kevin Nash: No real result, but at the end Nash smashes a chair onto Goldberg’s head, so WCW 1 nWo 3

· Bret Hart and Randy Savage: Bret Hart wins easily, since he was in the middle of the FIVE moves of doom! Even Patrick can’t argue this one, WCW 2 nWo 3

· Davey Boy and Scott Steiner: The only good wrestling part really, hard to tell since when time expires Davey Boy just reverses a suplex, BIG argument, Fourth Official walks in and awards fall to WCW; WCW 3 nWo 3

· IT’S OVERTIME: So Goldberg goes against Randy Savage, Goldberg outwrestles Savage in every respect until Lex Luger decides to run-in. Too late Luger. Another argument, Fourth Official awards fall to WCW; WCW 4 nWo 3; WCW wins your relay.

Interesting bit this, they got in the suspense pretty nicely and since Three Minutes are the best many of the wrestlers can give, the match never looked dragged, although increasing the time to Five Minutes would’ve done them no harm. So it looks like Goldberg is getting a serious push now. Oh Yeah! After the match Lex Luger attacks Goldberg but he is disposed of quickly anyway. ***1/2 Good concept, but a weird match to say the least.

We come back and patricipants of the relay are being removed from the building, so that leaves us open for a Lex Luger interference. And your referee is going to be THE SWERVE! Randy Anderson, so probably all these indicates to Sting winning.

Scott Hall def. Sting to retain the World Heavyweight Title in a Falls Count Anywhere match HOLY CRAP! They are actually planning to use Hall as a long term champion!! Is this really WCW? The match was excellent by the way and devoid of all weirdness which was present in their Superbrawl match. Hard hitting slugfests, plenty of Power move reversals, endless tauntings and since this is a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE match we also have a heavy amount of WEAPON and GORE! Hall used the Baseball Bat on Sting. Sting using trash can on Hall. Both of them going down from the same ladder resulting in both them of to be busted open, Sting falling off the stage, Hall missing an elbow, thus crashing onto the announcers table- A solid 30 Minutes action to say the least. The ending was a bit of crapped-as predicted Flexy Lexy ran down and Slammed Sting with a steel chair, Outsiders Edge by Hall 1-2-3 end of story. But to continue the Sting vs Lex Luger feud, this was nessecary anyways. But WCW weren’t done yet as we were treated to ANOTHER kingsize SWERVE! The Music of the Four Horsemen hits and THE WORLD ASSUMES IT TO BE THE RETURN OF RIC FLAIR!!! But out comes.......... HOLY COW!!! ARN ANDERSON!!! ARN ANDERSON comes out and WAFFLES Hall with a steel chair,he even takes out Lexy. Anderson continues to attack Hall as we fade to black. ****1/2

FINAL THOUGHTS: What started poorly with a bad string of matches ended up with a Hot Main Event. WCW Nitro was clearly a mixture of opposites tonight as experimental booking ruined the first half but it clicked in the Second period. The Segments were particularly well done, but the crowd and the IWC expected A LOT from the matches, so compared to RAW, this Nitro pales-since RAW was overly a good show with lots of Wrestlemania hype. But SCOTT HALL vs ARN ANDERSON for the Title doesn’t look anything comparing to Michaels vs Austin, neither does WCW vs nWo match or Hart/Nash or Luger/Sting, The fans might give some cheers for one or two odd matches and for well acted segments but really this is not an example of good long term booking by WCW.Also the Triple Threat match conditions sounds ridiculous,WHY CAN’T THEY HAVE THREE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HATE EACH OTHER? Overall I’ll give this thing ***1/2

RAW 5.87 NITRO 5.48

1998 Wars

Raw 6

Nitro 3

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

Promo of the night!!!

The Obligatory nWo Interview

[nWo music hits the ring as the nWo members come out minus Eric Bischoff. They all enter the ring and now nWo music hits again as Eric Bischoff comes out with two lovely ladies holding a Roulette with them.]

Bischoff:Thank you,thank you ladies! We love each and every one of you.

[The crowd boos]

Bischoff:Welcome to Monday Nitro from the city of sin,where you have to spin the wheel make the deal so that's why I thought that a little Nitro Roulette wouldn't be too bad.Now tonight we are going to have the big rematch from Superbrawl VIII-Scott Hall vs Sting for the World Heayvweight Title but also tonight there is going to be a Six Man Tag Team Match featuring wrestlers from WCw and nWo.In the corner of WCW,it's going to be Davey Boy Smith,Goldberg and Bret Hart and for the nWo it's going to be Kevin Nash,The Macho Man Randy Savage and Scott Steiner. But these two matches are not going to be any ordinary matches,especially in Las Vegas.So let's find out WHAT is going to be the stipulation of these two matches.Spin the wheel and it will make the deal. First, The Main Event

[bischoff spins the wheel,it gradually lands to FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE,The crowd cheers,Hall looks a bit upset]

Bischoff:Ladies and gentleman,your Main Event is going to be a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH!!

[The crowd cheers]

Bischoff:And now it's time to find out what is going to be the stipulation of our Six-Man Match.

[bischoff spins the wheel and it lands to RELAY MATCH,The crowd looks confused.]

Bischoff:Ladies and gentleman,our Six Man Tag match is going to be a relay match.Now if you are wondering what THAT is,I suggest you tune into that match,because since this is it not some show from North which reveals it's masterplans from the very begining.

[Crowd gives mixed reactons,some WWF sucks chants are heard.]

Bischoff:Now Buff and Konnan,I told you that I'd give you a choice tonight about your futures.Well now is the time to make that choice.You see as we saw last year,I am planning to make a wCw vs nWo Eight Man Tag Match with stipulations laid down by both sides.Now I would request anyone from WCW to verify me their team and their stipulations by next week,but with the nWo-I've already picked my stipulation-see if team WCW loses then any member of the nWo get's title shots to any members of WCW holding the titles,and that includes members of The Flock.Not only that,if WCW lose then WCW must release one of it's members from contract and he will have to join the nWo.Now regarding the nWo team,I've already picked The Macho Man Randy Savage and Scott Steiner. But I was thinking of picking you guys,Buff and Konnan as our remaining members

-now if you want a title shot against Goldberg and Davey Boy instead,you get it at Uncensored and I will pick other guys like Vincent.The choice is upto you guys.

[The crowd is indifferent as Bagwell and Konnan think and then discuss something]

Buff:Eric,I have to say that in order to help the nWo in such a situation,

We'll be glad to team-up and kick WCW asses along with Scott and Randy. I mean we can demolish Goldberg and Davey Boy ANY TIME we want,but this is a one-time opportunity,and me and Konnan would make ourselves proud by representing nWo in a match of such high stature.

[The crowd boos.]

Bischoff:Thank you guys,I knew you won't let me down.And as a reward to that Buff you will be in action tonight as a preparation.You will take on....... REY MYSTERIO JR.!!

[buff almost laughs his head off,but the crowd cheers]

Buff:[still laughing] Yeah,I mean I don't know What kind of a practice I will get but if you say so Ha Ha Ha Rey Mysterio Ha Ha that 5-feet 14 year old Crusierweight.

[buff gives the mike back to Eric.]

Bischoff:Have a nice match Buff,and folks you stay tuned for the relay and the awesome Falls Count Anywhere Main Event.Thank you,and we love each and every one of you.

[bischoff drops the mike,the nWo leave with their music,Bagwell and Konnan are still laughing,Hall points the World Title to the camera,while Steiner and Savage has arrogant looks to their faces.]