• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

October, Part 2

The Show

A few side notes:

- We've got a new commentator, Rich Cruz, and he's joining Ben at the announcer's desk. Not as good as Drake, but still, he's something. Apparently, Drake was finishing off his Halloween costume.

- All backstage segments are pre-taped. It just makes it easier to set up the projection screen and video feeds.

- I just found this out, but Bob somehow managed to tweak his neck, so he's going to be at our December show, but no earlier...damn...

- And Corey's writing this.

------------

Again with the rich boy...

Duke Danger of Argh is sitting in our locker room (which we have finally managed to conceal with the AWOSheet - good bit of improvisation, I think) reciting Shakespeare. Specifically, he's quoting something from Henry IV, Part I. Of course, he's mumbling it, so nobody really cares. Either way, Alexander Worthington III happens to walk in, and smiles deviously. He walks behind the Duke and taps him on the shoulder. The Duke spins around in surprise and raises his fists.

DDA: ARGH! Who goes there?

AW3: Please calm yourself...(cough) noble sir. I see that you are very defensive.

DDA: You dare address me without being given permission to speak? How dare you, sir?

AW3: I apologize. May I please address Your Grace?

Danger considers this for a bit, and then decides to acquiesce, simply giving a nod.

AW3: Good, then. You see, both of us are men of good fortune. I happen to be a member of the American aristocracy, if you will, and I see that you are a member of the British nobility.

DDA: Get to the point, would you? I don't have much time for inferiors.

Worthington pauses for a second, taken aback by the remark. But unlike Duke Danger, Alex merely shrugs and continues.

AW3: Fine. Since we are both men of relative distinction, I was wondering if you would like to form an in-ring partnership so that we could debase our lessers.

DDA: You, form a team with me? You must be joking if you think that I would become so low as to create a pairing with any of the miscreants here, much less you.

And with that, the Duke walks off. Alex is left looking once again at somebody's back.

AW3: But you didn't even hear about the benefits of teaming with me!

Alex pauses, hears a door slam, and then...

AW3: Damn.

Overall: 54%

(OOC: I just felt creative. So I'm making up a general thing which all AWO shows will open with. And here it is, with lyrics by me, and music made up in your head. It's rock-ish, just to help you.)

OPENING CREDITS:

Different clips of the AWO shows that we actually filmed start playing. Meanwhile, the AWO theme song (aptly titled "Run From Destiny" due to Corey's suggestion and recorded by Chris Idol on guitar, myself on bass, and Corey on drums, though we're only calling ourselves the AWO House Band for now) plays with the film.

I always wanted to get outta' this town

Flyin' down the road faster than hell.

Everyone's got good intentions for me,

But the best of intentions ain't doin' so well.

I ran down the alley the wrong way,

But I gotta' find my own path.

We all have to face our fate some day,

Because all of our time don't last.

I can see that this was meant to be

Fightin' against my destiny.

Run and hide from the guilt and pride,

All of my fears just died.

The intro ends with the sylized logo (but since my PC doesn't have Photoshop, I can't actually make cool logos).

Somehow, Show Names Elude Us

LIGHTS, CAMERA, MUSIC, ACTION! And we are live from the gym!

Ben: WELCOME TO THE AWO!

Rich: And folks, have we got a lineup for you!

Ben: First, "Boston Bad Boy" turned "AWO Fanboy" Jason Rumble takes on Shaun Draw!

Rich: Then, Nick Adams takes on Matt Inferno.

Ben: Finally, Malachi Pasillas takes on Bucky for the Red Sash of Courage!

Rich: It might not be gold, but it's still a title strap!

Quick and angry

Either way, we fade into one of the hallways of the school, Shaun Draw is shown sitting, leaning against a row of lockers. He almost resembles Raven, save for the fact that he's wearing wrestling tights and a T-Shirt labeled "I'm Angry - Deal With It!" Either way, he's brooding. Go figure.

Shaun: So, after a show without me, you want me back? Well, I can see why. What with my next opponent fainting in the middle of the ring last time, and Drake Strata and Bucky putting on a lackluster showing, the entire company decided to bring me back in. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

Shaun stands and looks right at the camera.

Shaun: I AM NO BAND-AID FOR THE AWO WHEN THEY NEED SOMEBODY TO HANDLE ROOKIES AND PUT ON AN OKAY MATCH HERE AND THERE! I AM SHAUN DRAW, AND I AM GOING TO PROVE MY WORTH OUT THERE! AND NOBODY IS GOING TO STOP ME!

We fade out with Shaun giving the camera a crazed look.

Rich: Well, I wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley...

Ben: Neither would I, but Rumble is going to...wait a second...

Challenges, Challenges

The reason that Ben pauses is that Drew Porter's music is playing, and the man himself is making his way to the ring, dressed like none other than Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. Dear Lord, I hope he doesn't actually talk like the man. I can't type something THAT incomprehensible - and trust me, I can type incomprehensible stuff. Either way, he walks out to the ring, steps in, and grabs a microphone.

Drew: El Bulldust, get to the ring now. We've got issues, and I'd personally like to resolve them.

El Bulldust comes out, singing the song "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba. Interesting choice, I have to say. Either way, he does it pretty well - okay, I'm lying like there's no tomorrow. He barely pronounces the right words, much less does the right notes. Either way, the fans boo, more for the singing than anything else, and then he gets into the ring with a microphone.

El Bulldust: Soah, joo wan' too hayuhve a leeteel chayeet weethe mee?

Drew: More like a simple, easy statement, followed by a question.

El Bulldust: Es todo? Pues, vaya, hombre.

Drew nods and continues.

Drew: Last time, the tag match we had was good, but the fact was that since what you thought we were going to do that day was stuff we had done months before, and what you thought we were going to do now is what we did then, you got your butts handed to you, so I think you deserve a second chance.

El Bulldust: Wayeet a saycond...El Boolduste ees loste...

Drew: El Bulldust, what I'm saying is this: Are you man enough to face me in a one-on-one match in tonight's main event?

Bulldust looks at him and nods.

El Bulldust: Nowe dat's someteengue dat El Boolduste cayeen understayeend. And dee answer ees...JOU GOT EET!

Porter and Bulldust share a staredown before Drew and Bulldust break it and walk away, leaving the crowd pumped, at least for the AWO.

Overall: 62%

Jason Rumble vs Shaun Draw

Shaun, of course, refuses to really learn to wrestle, and instead has begun to study tapes of Hulk Hogan. Next thing you know, he'll be moving to Tampa and training from the man himself. But you can pretty much figure out where the match went. Jason manages to use his technical skill to lay a beating to Shaun, starting out with an armbar to a lariat, and then a hammerlock. Nice little bit of psychology, not that it really matters. Either way, Rumble, wanting to end things early, goes and hits the Ace Crusher (Stun Gun, whatever you want to call it), but Draw grabs the ropes. Anybody want to actually give me the number of how many people have used that move (the Ace Crusher, not grabbing the ropes, duh)? Either way, Rumble starts to go for the legs, but Draw kicks Jason in the face and rolls to his feet. Punch, punch, punch, and Shaun forces Jason into the corner. Chop, chop, chop, and Rumble slumps to the ground. Hogan-esque, and he's getting booed. Either way, Shaun goes to stomp Jason, but nobody's home, and the ring bounces. Rumble comes up, kicks Draw in the abdomen, and goes for a trifecta suplex. But on lucky number three, Shaun shoves Rumble away. Rumble throws a punch, but Shaun no-sells. One, two, PISSED OFF, block, KO punch. Shaun grabs Rumble and tosses him to the ropes, but as Rumble comes back, he ducks to boot, spinds Draw around, trips him up, and puts on the Boston Crab. Draw goes for the ropes, but it's not really that much of an effort, and the AWO Fanboy gets the victory via submission.

Match Quality: 58% (Not helped by the Hogan imitation...)

Crowd Reaction: 29% (Opening match, go figure.)

Overall: 43%

Not American Idol, but still and Idol thing...

After the ring clears, Ace sets up some chairs and Christopher Idol comes to the ring, sans guitar. He looks around at the cheering fans, then signals the basic "air guitar rock-out" motion for emphasis. He steps into the ring after grabbing a mic, and then walks in between both chairs.

Idol: Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, let me welcome you to the one, the only - Early Evening with none other than yours truly, Christopher Idol!

Cheap pop. Of course.

Idol: Since this is my first show, I really wasn't quite sure how to do things. I had a few choices - first, just use it as a sounding board. Too boring. A jam session would have been fun, but I have yet to figure out who to use as backup. So instead, I'll be doing interviews. In case you didn't notice, the AWO now has a theme song, and so I'm inviting to the ring none other than the bassist in that song, NICK ADAMS!

Corey here, taking over Nick's job for a bit. Nick comes out riding a skateboard, trying to be cool, but when he goes for a manual, the board slips out from under him, and he falls flat on his back. Painful, especially since he wasn't in the padded area yet. Either way, he rolls, stands, and says, "I'm okay!" before making his way to the ring. He may be able to play bass guitar, but extreme sports aren't exactly his thing...Chris helps him in and motions for him to sit down.

Idol: Hey, Nick. Good to have you here on Early Evening.

Nick: Thanks for having me. It's odd, but good to be in the ring.

Idol: Good to hear. Now, the sheet here says that you've got a match against none other than Matt Inferno.

Nick: Not much to say about that. He can try to beat me all he wants, but all things considered, I really am not scared of the guy...

Idol: Well, you're kinda' cool about it. I met the guy, he's kind of...out there.

Nick: Well, not as out there as some, but I'll give you that...

Suddenly, music plays over the speakers, and, dressed in tricked-out firefighter's gear, out comes none other than Matt Inferno. Of course, I don't really think the insults said with him not present really helped any. He stalks out to the ring, and both Idol and Adams stand. Matt is carrying a microphone, and stays out of the ring.

Matt: So, you stand here and insult me before our match, huh? I don't think I need to remind you, but I did win the Not-So-Big Medal...

Nick: And held it for all of ten minutes. Great title reign, I gotta' say.

Matt: But you forget - I later eliminated the man that took away the title I rightfully gained.

Nick: Oh, yes, you went and broke his neck. I don't think he's going to be happy when he comes back, I'll tell you that right now.

Matt: Whatever. Right now, this show, it's you and me. And I'll show you why they call me the Fire-starter! In fact, you wanna go, come get some!

Nick drops the mic and tries to go through the ropes, but gets tied up, trips, and smacks side-first into the ground. Matt laughs and walks off as Nick stands up, "dusts" himself off, and shakes his head before walking off.

Idol: Uh, guys...guys...my segment isn't over yet! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR GUESTS? Oh, forget it. With that, muy guest has cut and run, I don't have a top ten...good night, folks, and thanks for watching the fiasco.

Idol walked out of the ring a bit disappointed.

Overall: 51%

Another segment with somebody running their mouth...

I give Jack the chance to prove himself with a few segments, and this is what he plans? Okay, so first he gives Shaun Draw a little tirade - it worked, really, but he could have picked Rumble instead. And now he's doing another interview when he could have just cut to the match between Matt and Nick. That does it, I'm taking the reigns after this. Until the end of the show, all matches. And by the way, Bucky actually came out to the ring to do an interview. Don't ask me why - I guess he figured it would be a good transfer. Either way...

Bucky: Greetings, AWO fans! In case you don't know me, or you just need to be reminded, my name is BUCKY!

Cheap pop.

Bucky: Now, Malachi, do you hear that? The fans are cheering for me. Not you, Mal, me. And with good reason. Every single time you come out and talk, you abuse them, saying that they keep you down because you're Mexican. Who are you, anyway, some pathetic rip-off from the WWE? The fact is that we don't like you because you cheat.

The fans yell, "DISS!" NOT ANOTHER ONE!

Bucky: And seeing as I'm going to be taking you on and taking your belt away, I think that you really should cut out the insults. I'm the master of the disrespect, not you, shorty.

Crowd chants "SNAP!" for that one.

Bucky: See, I even come to my matches earlier than you. And when you finally decide that you want to defend your title, I'll be out here waiting. And there isn't anything that you can do about it. OH, SNAP!

The fans cheer as Bucky goes and joins the commentary team and actually says that since Mal probably won't rush out, the scheduled match between Nick Adams and Matt Inferno should be next, and what better way to spend his time than to sit with Ben and Rich? Well, I can think of at least ten things - watching paint dry is on the list. Either way, he then just waits while the next match starts.

Overall: 52%

Nick Adams vs Matt Inferno

So as Nick and Matt come back out, with Nick having the usual mishap - use your imagination, why don't you? Bucky does a little bit of commentary. Nothing big, just some random facts about both of them. Apparently, Inferno actually paintballed the cafeteria windows of his school after graduation. Vandalism at its finest - NOT. Either way, Nick goes for some quick martial arts stuff. Nothing heavily MMA, more of a "Tall Tajiri" feel to it. And Matt catches a kick. PAINFUL clothesline with the leg raised. And Matt kicks the leg just for good measure. And then goes for some stomps. Inferno lifts Nick up and hits a quick snap suplex, then rolls over and hits some mounted punches until the referee stops him. Matt stands and begins to argue, but this gives Adams enough time to recuperate and roll up Matt. Bucky notes the schoolboy rollup that both Rich and Ben miss, as well as the two-count. Both men stand, and then lock up. Nick gains the advantage and hits a vertical suplex. Matt runs in, but Nick hits a quick heel-toe takedown, then keeps his feet locked in for a really weird STF. Don't ask me, I don't get it either. But the awkward hold breaks when Matt sweeps out his legs. Nick and Matt stand, and Matt just boots Nick in the gut, hitting a DDT - nothing that would make the inventor proud, but it's decent. Either way, Matt decides to finish it, lifts Nick up, applies the rear headlock, and introduces him to THE LIGHTER SIDE OF FIRE. Three-count, and Matt has proven his point. Dangerous as hell, but Inferno doesn't really care as he leaves Nick dazed in the ring. (I wrote up the match because I really was curious how it was going to end...I didn't have anything to do with it.)

Match Quality: 62% (I'll take it.)

Crowd Reaction: 34% (Eh, couldn't expect much more - not when Nick always goofs when he comes to the ring.)

Overall: 48% (Ah, the AWO - characteristically lackluster.)

Red Sash of Courage Match: Malachi Pasillas {C} vs Bucky

With that, Bucky got into the ring. Meanwhile, Mal came out waving the Mexican flag proudly. Ah, yes, the man, the champ, the not-so-legend, Malachi Pasillas, has entered the gym. After setting aside his flag, he gets in and gets ready to go. Basic shoving match to start, and then both men walk away, thinking of what to do. While Bucky is still in the corner, Mal comes behind him and simply smashes his head against the turnbuckle. Ah, our evil version of Rey-Rey, doing the evil moves. And a sit-out neckbreaker rounds it out. Elbow drop, and Mal walks off, abusing the crowd. Bucky rolls to his feet, but Pasillas notices, runs up to him, and hits a drop kick. Our champion is just taking Bucky from pillar to post. Squash matches are rare around here, and this one makes little sense. Oh, here we go - Mal goes for an avalanche as Bucky stands up again, but Bucky catches him and slams him back down. Boots to the champ, then a lift off the mat and an Oklahoma slam - maybe a Colorado slam, considering where we are - speaking of which, I don't get how they name slams. A German suplex (next attack by Bucky, coincidentally) probably wasn't invented by German wrestlers - unless it was the Von Erichs...Either way, Bucky holds it, gets a near fall. Other names I don't understand - Northern Lights Suplex, Atomic Drop, DDT (okay, I know somebody named it that and it caught on, but doesn't it have another name besides that?), and STF. And Bucky hits a short-arm clothesline. Momentum has shifted. Bucky tosses Mal to the ropes, and Mal comes back...RANA COUNTER! Bucky is down, and Mal is going up top. Pride and Prejudice (HEATHCLIFF!), and Mal gets the three-count. The champ retains. After Mal celebrates, Bucky manages to stand and extends his hand in respect. Mal looks like he's going to accept it, but NO! KICK TO THE GROIN! AND A TORNADO DDT! That hurts...

Match Quality: 54% (Styles clash, really, plus you really can't get much more from a semi-squash.)

Crowd Reaction: 45% (The wrestling might not have been good, but the fans were hyped for the title.)

Overall: 49%

Drew Porter vs. El Bulldust

Bulldust comes out with the usual self-intro. He chooses an older song - "Hey Jealousy" by the Gin Blossoms. Now, for me, that ruins the song. I think I saw Nick run off and grab a CD player. Anybody wanna guess what disc he's tossing in? Either way, Drew with the Snuka-like entrance, and we're ready to go. Lock-up, push off. You know, I remember hearing about a match that started out high profile and became total crap...what was it again? Oh, right, Goldberg versus Lesnar. Sheer crap, as I recall. And if the obligatory STAREDOWN OF DOOM is any indication, this has a chance to become to same thing. But Bulldust decides to go for some speed, and immediately hits a flying wheel kick. Flying lariat from the matador. And he goes for another one, but Drew catches him and hits a belly-to-belly suplex. Just a thought from earlier - who the hell thought up the word "suplex"? Either way, Porter holds it for a one-count. Basic punch by Porter, pretty much displaying how little research he actually did on Snuka. And another, and another. Grab, body slam. Laying the boots - he's not barefooted, strike two - to Bulldust, Porter really looks like he might be able to take the former champ down again. But a quick trip, and Drew goes down. Bulldust hits a quick running senton (with a front flip included, no less), then teases going up top, but sees Drew start to stand before he can even begin to climb. He goes to fight Porter, but Drew suddenly lifts EBD up and slams him with a Manhattan Drop (one which I actually understand - and if Bulldust doesn't have kids because of that, remind me to give Drew a huge present). A neckbreaker finishes off the set, followed by a quick elbow drop. Drew lifts Bulldust off the mat and hits a quick fisherman's suplex. Normally with Drew, that would be the end, but this time, he motions to the top rope! He's going to try it! Drew climbs the turnbuckle, turns around, and jumps out, aiming for El Bulldust. But Bulldust somehow manages to get his knees up, and Drew hits hard. Bulldust, out of desperation, hits a quick inside cradle, then uses one of his hands to hold onto the rope! The ref doesn't see it, and BULLDUST GETS THE WIN! Bulldust lets go, and both men stand. Realizing what has just happened, Drew rushes Bulldust and slams him into the nearest turnbuckle. Drew, hearing the cheers of the fans, tries to continue the assault, but Bulldust just tosses him outside the ring. The matador then jumps over the ropes, hitting a plancha suicida! As both men rise, they begin brawling again, smacking one another upside the head with brutal shots until they eventually disappear behind the AWOSheet. Rich and Ben say the traditional farewells, and that's that for the show.

Match Quality: 61% (It was kind of short for a main event...)

Crowd Reaction: 45% (But the fans didn't care - it's DREW versus EBD, so I guess that makes it a big match.)

Overall: 53% (Ending with the match of the night.)

Overall Show: 51

Attendanance: 108

Gate Sales: $2160

---------------------

Okay, since I would like to keep the people reading this more involved, let's do this - public booking. So, here's a few questions. I'll take the answers into consideration.

Who would you most like to see go up against each other that hasn't been predominantly featured?

What kind of gimmick match would you like to see botched next?

Who do you think deserves more of a push? (El Bulldust is not a viable option, and if you pick Mal, what I think the only way I could push him more is to declare him ruler of the AWO - and that ain't happening.)

Who should Drew try to impersonate next?

Any other thoughts?

Guest Cashmiesta

Who would you most like to see go up against each other that hasn't been predominantly featured?

Duke Danger of ARGH and AW3 against AWO Fanboy and Bucky

Last Man Standing

Who do you think deserves more of a push? (El Bulldust is not a viable option, and if you pick Mal, what I think the only way I could push him more is to declare him ruler of the AWO - and that ain't happening.)

AWO Fanboy

Triple H

Nice show btw Nick.

Mitch

October, Part 3

RETURN OF THE RACE

The Aurora Wrestling Organization has become larger than its original size. It is now indoors, with an introduction theme, and subsequently, other professional touches. In general, things appeared to be going well.

While the AWO survived, the world began to pass them by. Completely oblivious to the goings-on of the rest of the wrestling world, the AWO did not see the imminent problems facing them. Companies rose and fell in days, staying at relatively the same place as always. Wrestlers were hired and fired at a whim. Even staff members were not safe.

Among all this, one informant decided to warn the AWO of its potential fate. Whether the members of the AWO will heed the advice, though, is unknown...

-----------

(OOC: Couldn't help it.)

In case the cheesy intro wasn't enough, I guess you probably haven't been paying attention to this thing. Either way, yep, we've forgotten about the outside world for far too long. Well, while ignorance may be bliss, knowledge is...actually, in this case, knowledge is relatively useless. We can't do much either way. Still...

TO: Nicky-boy!

SUBJ: Greetin's from this neck uh th' woods...

So, ah see yuh've moved indoors. Nahce. Eithuh way, seein' as Ah got a new secrahtahrie an' awl, ah figger'd yuh'd lahke the updates Ah use' t' give. So, without furtha' interrupshun, on wi' th' show (an' it's long, too...)

ROH

Dun wen' an' hahred Jun Akiyama, Supah Dragon, Sanae Kikuta, Minoru Toyonaga, Kid Romeo, Antonio Schembri, Akira Shoji, Jimmah Rave, Garah Steele, onuh th' Chi Chi Cruzes, Yoshihiro Takayama, an' Race Steel, with some in theah bein' written. So, they hahre the people from places not in th' Westahn Hemispheah, then git theah way back...lease' they awl figgered ow' tha' they awl need lease' one man whose name th' fans can say...

BCW

Bushwhacker Bush...er, Butch, Super Parka, Stevie Ray, Kamala, Tiger Mask, Tre Telligman, Akira Hokuto, and Madusa joined th' ranks in a lahge hahrin' as BCW became a big name in Canada. Unfoahtunatelah, they wen' too much too soon, los' some popularitah, and Jim Herd left, but not befoah firin' Brazo de Plata an' Dyson Pryce on his way ou'. Yeah, Stevie Ray'll help wi' tha'...wait a sec, Ah'm thinkin' o' the othah guy from Harlem Hea'...

WXW

T' bulk up th' rostah, they added Justice Pain, Tarzan Goto an' Kelly Dullanty. Hope th' lattah doan' live up t' his name, huh?

BHOTWG

Yeah, ah know - Bill Watts an' Mexican rasslin'? Well, he saw the hole lef' bah CMLL an' AAA, an' desahded t' move in on th' business. So fah, th' companah has trahd t' move beyon' the ol' places tha' Mexico's Big Two wen', but it's failed each tahme. Well, he sahned Genichiro Tenryu an' Chavo Guerrero Sr. then turned an' let go Brian Lee an' Jim Neidhart. Well, at lease' he's tryin' t' bring in some Mexican names. Still, his insistince on "old-school" in Mexico is hurtin' him th' mos'.

NWA-W

Rostah additions ah as folluhs: Genki Sudo an' Ace Steel. MAH BOY! Movin' up, but still loyal t' me. Ah'm touched...

NWA-E

Hirins: Akio, Din Thomas, Osamu Nishimura,  an' Shashka Dushku. Think Shashka is related t' Eliza?.

IWA-PR

Puerto Rico - home of Carlos Colon Sr.. An' also the new workplace of Chris "Hail" Sabin, The Blue Meanie, Michiko Omukai, Ayako Hamada, Danny Doring, Adam Windsor, Magnum TOKYO, Megumi Kudo, Carlos Colon (Jr?) an' Rocky Gunn.

APW

Rostah' addishuns - Joel Maximo, Eric Schwarz, Genki Sudo, Hayato Mach Sakurai, Michael Modest, Tony Jones, Matrix

Ah think yuh kin fin' ou' the lahjuh companahs on yuh oahn.

Ah'll be rahtin' yuh latuh, kid.

Er...right...well, that was informative, to say the least...and copious. I'm not sure I want to check out the web sites for anything else...

Edited by Nick Adams

Ace and Ahern dammit! no... then... hmmm Nick Adams versus basic balance ok ok... I don't know the face/heel alignments, so I'll say El Boooooolldust versus Christopher Idol or Jason Rumble. Idol because the bastard is trying to steal El Booll Reeeng or the Heart of the AWO (Boolldust) against the Fan of the AWO (not-Boolldust.)

Stone Cold Showdown - details below

Mark Out

Stone Cold Steve Austin

AWO Fanboy vs. Mark Out vs. Stone Cold Shawn Draw in a Stone Cold Showdown, triple threat match where each tries to outdo their Steve Austinisms.

Edited by Beeker00Zero

• 1 month later...

November, Part 1

Well, college is fun, except that my roommate now knows that I work for the AWO, and has asked for free tickets. I figured it wouldn't be a hassle, except that he was hoping to meet the entire crew. I told him "No" on that point, simply because we're too small to be handing out backstage passes. What I didn't tell him was that the school we're using authorized AWO employees only in our designated "backstage" areas, save for the restrooms, so I couldn't have even if I wanted to.

Now, our writers, having lost all inspiration for the last show, decided to fall into an easy loop. Entering naming stupidity of (almost) WEF proportions (from what I've seen, at least), these men really did it this time. It was kind of a tribute to my birthday, but only slightly. All things considered, it was more of a BS excuse not to think up a real show name. So, what did they come with, pray tell?

The 16th Show

Kill me now...please...oh, screw it, I'll still do the report. I'm not wrestling or anything for this show. It's too dumb of a name, and my general gravity-enhanced abilities will make the show fall flat on its face.

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION! The AWO theme "Run from Destiny" plays over the speakers, and the fans cheer a bit. Nothing huge, but a good reaction, all things considered. And we're starting off with the AWOSheet coming alive. How...weird, actually.

Random Promo Video

WAR! HUH, GOOD GAWD Y'ALL! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN'! The song plays over the speakers while the screen comes alive with pictures of a man wrestling. It's kind of interesting, but whoever set up that video didn't quite get the point. Well, at least a slogan comes up during this entire thing: "The Peace Man is Coming to the AWO". The fans cheer a bit, wondering who the Peaceman is, but other than that, it's not that suspenseful, so there you go. The first debut hype for an unknown. Hopefully I can take a few months to get people really talking about him.

Overall: 56%

An AWO mark and an AWO Mark

Mark Out is standing in the locker room, just taping up his wrists. The outfit is jeans and a black t-shirt, so I suppose that he's just doing the regular "bad ass" idea. Either way, Jason Rumble stumbles into the scene wearing a personally made "Mark Out" t-shirt and jeans. Not a bad logo, but considering who's wearing it, you really can't tell if he's referring to the action or the person. Either way, Mark looks at him and raises his eyebrow in Spock fashion (left eyebrow, inquisitively).

Mark: Yes...?

Rumble starts to speak, but the words catch in his throat.

Mark: Get it out, kid, I haven't got all day.

Finally, as if it were being slammed out by a fire hose, he gets it out.

Jason: Doyouwannawrestlemeinamatchlatahtonight?

Rumble stops, kind of out of breath and a bit tense.

Mark: Are you challenging me to a match?

The best Jason can do is nod.

Mark: Fine, then. See you in the ring.

He extends his hand, but Rumble totally freaks out and just runs away.

Mark: Now that was weird.

And we fade back to the gym.

Overall: 47%

And the Commish is BACK

And he's accompanied by both boos and cheers. Of course. He's the commissioner. Sometimes he's a good guy, sometimes he's a bad guy, but either way, he does his best. He steps into the ring and takes out a microphone from his very well-tailored suit.

DDS: So, I guess you were all wondering what happened to Drake "Delta" Strata last month? Well, I decided to take a couple of months off, just to re-evaluate myself. And the fact is that I discovered that, as commissioner, I was abusing my powers.

Now that's got to be the first admission of fault I've ever heard him say. And I mean that.

DDS: But that ends tonight, starting with this announcement. Now, I have noticed one denizen of this company attempt to find a tag team partner, but to no avail. He has tried, but nobody really wishes to join him. I also know of another man that wants nothing to do in the ring, but still wants to be on the show so that he can collect a paycheck. Now, seeing as the latter is doing nothing, and the former wishes to wrestle only in a tag team, I have decided to put these two together in a match.

The fans begin to wonder who he's talking about.

DDS: So, tonight, for the main event, I have scheduled the D and D Connection to take on none other than the team of Warren Worthington the Third and Duke Danger of Argh! So, Warren, you've got your partner. And Duke, I'm mandating this match. If you don't show up, you're suspended. Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

And with that he walks off.

Jason Rumble vs Mark Out

Well, this should be interesting. Both men dressed in relatively the same clothing, though Mark is definitely larger than the AWO Fanboy. Either way, Jason is way too hyped to really wrestle that wll, but Mark is all business, so the match starts out with Jason just standing there star-struck while Mark waits for the bell to ring. Overall, the match was Jason just trying to get over his stage fright (well, not really stage fright - the crowd didn't psych him out, Mark's presence did) while Mark tried to make himself and Rumble look good. Overall, it was pretty much straight wrestling, but a few times when Rumble got in a good move, he was totally apologetic. He actually checked to see if Mark was okay. Go figure. He's done wrestling for years, and he can't remember that if you do it right, it's more just the duration of the match that beats the opponent - the slams just speed it up a bit. Either way, this constant pausing eventually allowed Mark to stand up, KICK, WHAM, M-O-M, and he got the three-count. After the match, Mark began to celebrate, but Jason stood and extended his hand. Mark turned around, shrugged, and clasped it, showing a sign of respect. And now Rumble is shaking from the excitement. I gotta' admit, he is nothing if not enthusiastic.

Match Quality: 60% (Well, with one guy continually pausing, what would you expect?)

Crowd Reaction: 31% (Lack of animosity or enmity = lack of interest)

Overall: 45%

Idolizado...El Idolring...Bulldustized? Who knows?

Ell Bulldust comes out to the ring, and as per AWO tradition, it's a different entrance theme than last time. This time, just for something different, it's some mexican ceremonial horns and a simulated crowd shouting "BULLLLLDUST! BULLLLLDUST!" It's a send-up to Bill Goldberg's entrance, and, seeing as Ahern and Ace ran out of name ideas for shows, I guess they also ran out of ideas for entrances. Either way, he steps into the ring. The fans boo loudly.

Bulldust: Hayloah end wayeelcomb to EEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL BOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIINGUE! Eye ayeem El Boolduste, jour hoste foar dee eveneengue, so seet back, realaxe, end eenjoye. Nowe, foar mye gayeeste toniyeete...

Suddenly, a guitar riff interrupts the man in the mask, and Christopher Idol walks out, Fender Strat across his back, and a very pissed-off look on his face. He stalks to the ring, and El Bulldust backs away, but more out of confusion than intimidation. Idol steps into the ring to the cheers of the fans, and he smiles and nods as he gets a microphone. He then turns around and glares angrily at El Bulldust.

Idol: Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?

Bulldust: No, dee kwayeestyoone shoulde bee whahte are jou doeengue heyayer? Dees ees mye tyeeme, end jou are nahte mye gayeeste foar dees show!

Idol: Not your guest? Not your guest? Where do you come off taking my show and turning it into some mockery of an interview? This is no show. C'mon, man - "El Bullring"? Who thought that name up, Donald Duck?

The fans laugh a bit.

Bulldust: No, dayyet was El Boolduste's eyedeeyah...

Idol: Really? Your idea? And yet you somehow managed to win the AWO title? Now that takes some skill, man - or rather, that takes a lot of sheer dumb luck. The fact is that this is "Idolized", El Bulldust - my show, not yours. So you can just scoot yourself on backstage. Got it?

Bulldust: No, dees is mye show! End jou bayeetayer raycoagnize dat, oare jou end mee gots prahblems.

Idol: You saying you wanna' fight me?

Bulldust: Een dee wordes of Elvis Presley - uh huh!

Idol: Well, Bulldust, you can try to fight me, but the fact is that you're just ordinary. And in the words of Our Lady Peace, ordinary's just not good enough today! See you in the ring, loser!

The two glare at each other, and finally walk away without coming to blows.

Overall: 68

BUCKAH!

You know, while I really wish I could say that I want to write out how Bucky bashed into Shaun Draw, I really don't want to. The fact is that we've got three matches coming up, and I really want to get on to actually describing them. SO, Bucky ripped into Shaun, basic "OH, DISS!" idea, and there you go. Nothing truly inspirational, plus I pulled a Scotsman and grabbed a drink (soda) during this, so I really didn't catch much, But seeing as I booked him to face Shaun, if he didn't hit some dissing on Draw, the fans are going to be mighty confused...

Overall: 50%

Shaun Draw vs Bucky

Shaun, still refusing to take any training at all, really hurt the match here. Then again, Hulk Hogan in the US wasn't that much of a wrestler, and look where - wait, what am I saying? Draw is barely half as charismatic. Either way, Draw went with the basic clothesline, clothesline, punch, punch routine, attempting his best to try and make it look real. Either way, he really got schooled by Bucky, who used his speed to the best of his ability, just flying around - rebounding off the ropes, springboarding. Personally, I think the highlight of this match (as the rest were low-lights, save for the end), was when Bucky finally went to the top rope and flew off with a huge missile drop kick. Either way, after that, Bucky really took it to Shaun. But Draw pulled out some brass knux, hit him right in the abdomen, and then pinned him before the ref caught it. Draw stands and hides the knux, cheering for himself. The fans booed lightly as Bucky rolled around on the ground in pain.

Match Quality: 45% (As I said, Shaun refuses to learn any more about the business)

Crowd Reaction: 30% (It's Shaun...need I say more?)

Overall: 37%

Host Show Rights Match: Christopher Idol vs. El Bulldust

Now, I would like to say that these two wrestled a decent match and the fans were into it, but I'd be lying about the decent wrestling - or wrestling of any kind, for that matter. Christopher Idol came out with a Fender guitar and amp and stepped into the ring. He announced that the match would be a play-off. Idol would play a riff, and then BullDust would play the same riff. Then Bulldust would play a riff, and Idol would try to match it. Etc. etc., until one of them was unable to play the other's riff three times. Bulldust, true to form, came out dressed in full Mariachi clothing, with an acoustic electric and a Vox Valvetronix (note - he borrowed both from me, the one time that I will trust him with anything). Either way, Idol started out with an easy riff on the lower strings, nothing difficult, just to get the thing started. Bulldust played it, then countered with a specifically difficult mariachi theme. Idol missed the last few strings, so he busted up the riff the next time with some ear-splitting slam that Bulldust didn't even know how to start. But he countered with a riff that was a good thirty seconds, so Idol was able to do the start, but he improvised the end, and everybody knew it was wrong. With his next one, Idol went with a lot of string-changes and shifts in the next one, and tossed in a few chords, too, and the chords are what caught Bulldust off-guard. His fingers were beat, so he tossed out an easy one. Idol duplicated, countered with an easy one due to the fact that he was worn, too. Idol paused for a second, and then took his guitar off. He said that if Bulldust could make a rocking jam on his Fender, he would concede. Bulldust nodded, said, "Jou ayere ahn!" and then took off the acoustic electric, set it down gently, and put on the Fender. He then hit a riff reminiscent of Johnny Rzenik, pulled off the guitar, gave it back to Idol, and said, "EEEELLL BOOOOOOLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIIINNGUE! FOARE LIYEEFE!" He then walked off with my guitar and amp in tow, leaving Idol in shock.

Match Quality: 73% (Those were some tough riffs, so you gotta' give them credit.)

Crowd Reaction: 46% (They were kind of driven deaf...)

Overall: 59%

Tag Match: The Upper Crust (Alexander Worthington III and Duke Danger of Argh) vs D&D Connection

Now, you'd think this would get old after a few times, but NOOOOOOOO. Not for my group. In fact, they've actually gotten to like these stupid stipulations. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Before I even go there, Worthington and the Duke came out separately. Worthington tried to shake Danger's hand officiously, but the Duke looked and shook his head. The D&D connection also came out seperately - and the first entrance had the lights going dark, smoke filling the arena and "DUM DUM DUM DUM DAHDAH DAHDAH DAHDAH." The fans all begin to cheer as Drew Porter walks to the ring with his logo (a backwards D linked to a P) aflame. He then did the whole 'Taker-style entrance, hat, eyes, etc. But he was wearing the stuff old-school, with the purple and the suit-style shirt. Now that's creepy. Either way...in case the previous sentences weren't enough of a hint...

The Duke grabbed a mic after the set-up was done, and said a bit timidly, as Drew did the entrance right down to the freaky eyes, "Y-y-y-y-you're it." And now, I guess it's official. To the AWO, a tag team match involves four men playing tag, and all of the men are in the ring at once. At least I told Doan what to do - the person that's "it" has to be pinned for a count of three or forced to submit, and attacks from the person that is "it" cause the person being attacked to be "it". Also, the status of being "it" is for both teams. At least it's something a bit more logical than before. Either way, Drew rushed in and immediately clotheslined Worthington, who was caught a bit off-guard. DDA, deciding to just get into the mix, body slammed Drew hard. The Pirate rushed in and hit a drop kick, sending the Duke right into the ropes. David, seeing the opportunity, hit a heel-toe takedown, then went for the quick pin. Danger kicked out. Drew and Worthington were up at this point, and Drew slammed Alex into the nearest turnbuckle, and then pulled out a page from 'Taker's book, and hit the hammerfist off the top rope. Meanwhile, Danger countered a snap suplex attempt by going around and hitting a German suplex, bridge gets a two-count. HUGE body slam on Alex from Drew. A few boots for good measure. Meanwhile, the Duke whipped Michaels into the ropes and hit a monkey flip. Well, looks like we know where this is going. Drew, seeing his partner in trouble, walked over to the Duke and simply grabbed him by the throat. The fans all waited in anticipation, hoping to see the trademark chokeslam from Drew, but instead, he whips him across the ring. Alex stood and readied himself to attack Porter from behind, but Danger came back and went for a clothesline. Drew ducked, and Alex wound up getting the clothesline instead! Duke, totally shocked, turned around to face Drew, but only recieved a body slam lift, and then a Tombstone Piledriver! From that point, the three-count was just a formality. Drew stood as David got to his feet, and both men nodded. They shook hands and raised them, then left the ring. After that, Alex stood and looked at the felled Duke Danger of Argh. He shook his head in disgust and walked off, not even wanting to wait to yell at him. At that point, I told them to zoom in on Alex and cut the feed.

Match Quality: 71% (Not bad, considering it actually involved wrestling.)

Crowd Reaction: 35% (Well, considering they were treated to an audio brawl in the previous match, I don't blame them.)

Overall: 53% (Good way to close the show)

Overall: 51

Attendance: 101

Gate: $2020

December

Well, we decided that since Christmas was on a Sunday, we'd host a small show for a few devoted fans. As such, we rented out a high school stage and set up a ring. Higher roofs, to say the least, and it was cheaper than the middle school gym. Also, we didn't have to lug the AWOSheet - we just set up a hanging projector and used the scrim. Either way, it was kind of fun to have some special lighting for the show. Unfortunately, Corey somehow managed to unduly influence both Ace and Ahern to rip off "Weird Al" Yankovic. So, ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, I give you...

The Night Santa Went Crazy

Obviously, the whole crew isn't here, and the crowd is a bit smaller due to the fact that it's Christmas, but we're still able to put on a show. Unfortunately, two of our bigger stars, El Bulldust (though I hate to admit it, the fans love to hate him) and Drew Porter, were off doing something else - namely, seeing family and friends. But luckily, I've hired a few spare roster members. Enjoy...

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION, and "Weird Al" Yankovic accompanies the show to its start. Due to all the lighting around the stage, we actually manage to do a decent intro. And we also figured out how to do lighting like a WWE house show. You know, sometimes having Ahern and Ace around can be helpful - but only on the stage we're on now...

Title Challenge

Malachi Pasillas walks down to the ring from our "ramp" set up stage right, with his video playing on the scrim upstage. The fans begin to boo, and Mal comes out with the red belt doubled and slung over his shoulder. Yeah, it doesn't make sense as a title, but it's a title belt, at least. Either way, a few cheap boos from the crowd - not bad considering he wasn't even here last month. You'd think that I would be looking to have him just go off...well, I wanted him to, but apparently, he ran into one of our new hirings backstage, so...

Mal: HELLO, FELIZ NAVIDAD, AND GO SCREW YOURSELVES, AURORA!

And even more cheap boos. Not that people would cheer being told to screw themselves, really, so I'm wondering why I'm wasting text space. Hey, it's better than shamelessly promoting myself, at least - though I do miss the ring a bit. Now, where was I? Oh, right...

Mal: Consider that the first half of my Christmas gift to all of you. The next one is something that I feel I need to do. You see, last month, when I was gone, nobody demanded that I show myself. Not one person thought that I deserved to be on the show! And I am the freaking CHAMPION! And you know why nobody wanted to see me?

He pauses for a quick second, and what few fans we had waited.

Mal: Because you are all prejudiced. Just because I am Hispanic, you all don't like me, and don't want me around. But look who has the title? And you know something? I think, just to guarantee that you'll see more of me, I'm calling anybody out from the back to come and get me and try to take my title!

A few second's pause as the fans wait. Then, suddenly, "London Calling" hits the speakers, and the fans begin to cheer loudly. Out to the ring, completely unannounced and unexpected, walks none other than former WWE wrestler PAUL LONDON. (Small OOC: I forgot to use the SD vs. RAW scenario, so the WWE fired loads of workers, including London. I figured that since he was available, why not?) Pasillas looks shocked, and London just slides into the ring, grabbing a mic along the way.

London: So, you're the champion around here? Well, I've got two words to answer your challenge - you're on.

He puts down the microphone and motions for Pasillas to attack. Mal held up a hand.

Mal: Hold it right there, you WWE reject. I'm waiting for the main event for this little match. And when it comes, you are going to have un tiempo Mucho Muy MAL!

Mal tosses down the microphone and begins to walk away, but London walks up to him and taps him on the shoulder. Mal turns around, only to be BLASTED by a huge clothesline! The fans begin to cheer as London catches the rising Pasillas with a Shining Wizard. He goes up - LONDON CALLING! London stands and walks off, having proven his point.

Overall: 59% (Kind of sad when a somewhat known name and the champion can't get the crowd as interested as two hosts battling over who should have the segment.)

Testing out the Scrim

The AWOSheet for the night comes alive and the lights all dim to allow the projection to be seen, and we see the Upper Crust with somebody new. He's got glasses, and in general some very nerdy attire, but he's quite well-built. He begins to speak.

???: Hello. I suppose you're all wondering what in all of Middle Earth I'm doing with these two gentlemen nnnglayven. Well, you see, they needed another member of their little group...a Nenya to the other two elf rings...a Spock to their McCoy and Kirk, if you will. My name is Mortimer Plumtree, and I am here to help these two men nnnglayven.

Cheap boo, simply because the guy really is a gigantic loser. That, and he's aligned with the Upper Crust. Either way, he keeps going.

MP: You see, their most recent loss has apprised them of the fact that an expert in certain matters (nnnglayven) would be needed. And seeing as they are going up against the newly-formed team (nnnglayven) appropriately called the Ultimate Marks this show, they definitely needed some motivation. But don't take my word for it. Doctor Sbaitso could tell you all of this. The fact is that these two can and will defeat (nnnglayven) those two like Peter Parker on a small-time thug.

Both two nodded in contempt towards the camera, and the screen faded.

Overall: 61%

HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And a Santa is in the ring giving out presents. In general, they're old wrestling shirts and other apparel bought on eBay for very low prices, but it's something. Either way, he's very jolly and personable, just being a nice guy in general to the ten or so audience members that receive gifts from him. But right as the last audience member receives her gift, "This Fire" from Franz Ferdinand starts playing, and out walks none other than Matt Inferno. He steps into the ring.

Inferno: So, Santa, you got a present in there for me? Maybe some Kane apparel? Or an old Gangrel article? Personally, I think that Christmas really isn't my style. I've always been more of a fan of Devil's Night - too bad I never lived in Detroit. Still, I've come to break up the party.

Matt stalks in, but Santa Claus stands his ground, waiting for Inferno to attack.

Inferno: You got something to say, old man?

Santa nods and takes a microphone.

Santa: Just one thing. I've been waiting a long time for this.

Suddenly, he bum-rushes Inferno and spears him to the ground. He stands, and his had and wig fall off, revealing a a very neatly-combed haircut. He then lifts Inferno off the ground and hits a snap suplex. The fans are cheering, and the Santa impersonator stands up. He slowly pulls off the beard to reveal his face, and it's none other than ROBERT CAMERON! Small cheer, simply because the Santa impersonator is beating the life out of the other guy. He's been gone for too long to really be remembered. Either way, The Bob lifts Inferno off the ground one more time, and a Fonzie Flop follows! Cheering fans, and the Bob gets on the microphone.

The Bob: And now, to get this show on the road, the AWO is proud to present a hardcore match between yours truly, The Bob, and none other than the jackass that I just punked out, Matt Inferno!

He tosses down the mic, and, noticing that Inferno is trying to escape, slides out of the ring. He doffs his Santa outfit, revealing simple mid-thigh wrestling trunks with a stylized "The Bob" text on the back. He's also wearing elbow pads. Oh, dear Lord...he's become The Rock. Well, I suppose it could work. Either way...

Hardcore Match: Matt Inferno vs. The Bob

Matt is lumbering away, still feeling the effects of the Fonzie Flop, but before he can even get away from ringside, the Bob grabs him and slams him into the steel barrier. And then another slam into the barrier. Oh, forgot to note the fact that we actually have one. Either way, body slam onto the floor from Bob, and Matt is writhing in pain. The Bob reaches under the ring and pulls out a chair, and then slams Matt's limp body. Bob then drops the chair and slides back into the ring, waiting for the referee to come down. Matt, in the meantime, struggles towards the ring, trying to recuperate from the beating he's received so far. In fact, he reaches under the ring and pulls out a fire extinguisher, holding it close to his body. As a ref comes down to the ring, Bob slides back out and gets ready to pin Matt. Instead, he gets a face full of fire extinguisher fluid! The Bob reels back, covering his eyes, and Matt drops the extinguisher, trying to crawl away. Bobby finally clears his eyes as Inferno begins to use the barrier to raise himself to his feet. The Bob grabs Matt before Inferno can even begin to retaliate, though, and Inferno receives another Fonzie Flop for his troubles! A pinfall later, and Bob wins it. He proceeds to go into the crowd - well, what little of a crowd we have - to some polite cheers, celebrating his victory. Actually, let's call it what it was - he celebrates his surprise massacre.

Match Quality: 55% (What, you were expecting more from a hardcore squash?)

Crowd Reaction: 33% (Well, Bob really wasn't that big before, even though he's charismatic. Honestly, these fans want matches.)

Overall: 44%

No, it's not another host segment...

But Christopher Idol does come out to the ring. He's still upbeat after losing his little host segment. Instead of his usual fanfare, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" accompanies him to the ring. He steps through the ropes carrying a microphone.

Idol: Well, folks, this is the last time that you're going to be seeing me in the ring this year. Next year, I'm going to be bigger, better, and harder-rocking than ever before! Now, just because it's Christmas, I thought I'd give you all a solo performance of the highest degree. So...

Suddenly, "I'm Not Okay" by My Chemical Romance plays over the speakers, and Shaun Draw walks out to the ring. The fans begin to boo, and Draw slides into the ring. He walks up to Idol.

Draw: So, you want to give these fans a performance to end out your year in the AWO? Well, how about you give them a performance in the ring? Well, Chris, how about this - after the Upper Crust takes on the Ultimate Marks, you and I can have a little match. How's that sound for you? Or are you just like everybody else in this world - completely opposed to even looking at me?

Idol: You really want a fight, don't you? Has losing not taught you any lessons? If you can't play, ditch the band, or the band is going to ditch you. You get it?

Draw: Are you challenging me to a Loser Leaves Town match?

Idol: I'm accepting the challenge, Draw. But only on the condition that the loss has to be by pinfall or submission. Anything else, and neither man leaves. Can you rock with those rules?

Draw: Oh, I can rock, Idol. And as far as the AWO is concerned, this won't only be your last match of the year. It will be your last match here.

Idol: We'll see how the jam pans out. But regardless, Shaun...I WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD!

He tosses down the microphone, and both look about ready to brawl. In fact, right before either one of them throws a blow, most of the debuted AWO talent and some of the techies rush the ring and hold them apart. Finally, they break off and part ways.

Tag Match: The Ultimate Marks vs. The Upper Crust

Mark and Jason came out dressed in similar attire - both of them wearing cutoff jeans and black t-shirts, along with knee pads. Meanwhile, the Upper Crust came out wearing full-length tights, gold and green in coloring, and at a closer look, it appears to be money. Either way, at least both of the teams tried to blend. Either way, Danger and Mark pair off, and Rumble and Worthington go up against each other. Danger with an abdominal stretch, and Rumble with an arm drag. Mark finally manages to get to the ropes, and Danger is forced to let go. Rumble with a body slam. Danger, in the meantime, dodges a clothesline from Mark and hits a schoolboy rollup, but the ref refuses to count it, deciding that pinning moves to not count as attacks, and therefore, the Upper Crust are still "it". Danger punches Mark, then gets a two-count. Rumble throws Worthington up and over the ropes, then goes over and tells Danger that he's being "very mean to [his] hero". Obviously not the smartest of routes, as Danger merely kicks him in the gut and hits a DDT. Mark is up and hits a vertical suplex. An elbow drop and a pin from Mark, only gets two. Worthington is back in and smashes a rising Jason Rumble with a huge knee to the back. Quick kick-down, and Mark is too preoccupied with beating Danger to realize it. Irish whip, and a powerslam later, and Mark goes for another pin on Danger, but with the continual beat-down on Jason, the ref says that the Ultimate Marks are still "it". Mark lets go, stands, and hits a gigantic lariat on Worthington. Danger stands, and a lariat from Mark puts him down. Lariat to AW3, lariat to Danger, lariat, lariat, lariat, and MARK IS ON FIRE! Jason stands and DDTs a rising Worthington. Mark grabs the Duke and pulls him away from Alex, then lifts him up. He motions for Jason to come over. Suddenly, Mark decides to say WATCH THE BIRDIE. KICK, WHAM, M.O.M., and and Danger flings back. Jason catches him, turns him around, and BIRD, KICK, WHAM, M.O.M. from Rumble! Danger is down and out! Mark goes for the pin as Rumble celebrates. The ref goes for the count, but Worthington manages to hit a low blow, and then lands a huge pumphandle piledriver, then goes for the pin! The ref fails to see the low blow, but does notice the pumphandle, and immediately makes the change in the count. ONE, TWO, THREE! Mark stands and begins to celebrate, but the ref stands and shakes his head, then points at Worthington. Mark shakes his head in disbelief. Alex stands in victory, but Mark doesn't look too pleased. He stalks over to Worthington, taps him on the shoulder, KICK, WHAM, MOMENT! And AW3 is gone! Talk about Phyrric Victory - or however you spell it. Either way, Mark helps Jason to his feet, and they walk out, having gained the mental victory, if not victory in the match.

Match Quality: 70% (I'd like to think so, seeing as they used one of the most ridiculous gimmick matches ever made and used the rules seriously, up to and including the ending.)

Crowd Reaction: 32 (The crowd still isn't really big on either of these teams.)

Loser Leaves Town Match: Christopher Idol vs. Shaun Draw

The two face off, knowing fully well that the loser has to leave the company. Quick arm drag from Idol. Arm drag from Draw. The two stop and wait. Draw throws a punch, and another, and another, all of them looking kind of weak, but Chris sells them well enough. Either way, clothesline from Shaun, and a pinfall gets two. Idol stands, ducks a clothesline, and hits a drop kick. Snap mare from Idol. And a headlock slows Draw down. Of course, having not taken training, Draw isn't reacting that heavily. He elbows out after a few seconds, and then hits a quick body slam. A few boots, but Idol catches one and trips Shaun up. Quick leg lock, and Draw begins grimacing, "holding in" his screams. Idol then REALLY wrenches it, and Draw screams out in pain! He looks ready to tap, but his flailing hand reaches the ropes, and Draw grabs it firmly, so Idol has to let go. Idol pulls Draw off the ground and whips him to the ropes. Rebound, and a hurricanrana. Holds for the pin, gets a two-count. A quick DDT from Idol, and Shaun is out. Idol immediately runs to the ropes and waits for Draw to stand. As the Angry Dude does it, though, the ref is right behind him, not noticing Idol's whereabouts. Not even caring that he might hit the ref, Idol leaps off the turnbuckle. But at the last minute, Draw ducks, and Idol hits the ref with a missle drop kick instead! Idol stands and realizes his mistake, but barely misses a beat, ducking a clothesline from Draw, tripping him up, and, without a moment's hesitation, putting him into a Texas Cloverleaf! He holds it on for a long time, refusing to let go of Draw until he hears the bell. Finally, the ref gets up, and Shaun begins to tap! The ref declares the submission, and Idol stands in triumph. Suddenly, though, Ahern comes running out from the back. Oh, right, I remember now - we were going to figure out a way for both of them to stay. I guess this is Corey's best shambles of things. Note to self - hire another referee. Either way, Ahern is in a ref shirt, and immediately tells Doan what happened with the missile drop kick. Apparently, he's convinced that Idol did it on purpose, and reverses the decision, immediately disqualifying Idol! And because of that finish, both men stay. ~SWERVE of Russo-like proportions, if you ask me. Either way, Draw slides out of the ring and runs, happy that he isn't kicked out of the company quite yet.

Match Quality: 59% (Dragged there kicking and screaming by Idol.)

Crowd Reaction: 36% (Since it was all AWO faithful, they thought the entire thing lacked anything even remotely resembling a past history, and really wanted to see Idol fight Bulldust or Mal or something...)

And again...

WAR, HUH, GOOD GAWD, Y'ALL, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? And again some wrestling images with the person's face not really visible. But this time, it has a voice over it.

Voice: I have seen your fights and battles. I do not believe that this is the right path. You are all doing wrong. I am coming to show you the way to peace.

And of course, the usual "The Peace Man is coming," logo, and we fade out. Yeesh, if Victor would just tell me who this guy is that he hired, I would have a much easier time making sense of this kind of thing. At least the fans were kind of excited by it, albeit they booed for somebody who they didn't even recognize.

Red Sash of Courage match: Malachi Pasillas vs Paul London

The fans began cheering loudly for London, who was all business in this match. Almost equal boos accompanied Mal to the ring. And the match was on. And for the first time, with a professional in the ring (I don't really think you can call Bulldust professional, regardless of his experience), I think the match really deserved the acclaim from the fans. Either way, simple lock up from London, into a reverse armbar. Mal counters, hits the same move. London flips out and immediately does a spinning back kick into the air, dropping Mal to the ground. Quick dragon sleeper after that. Mal counters with a snap mare, dragon sleeper of his own. Snap mare from London, quick pin gets one. Grapple again, London circles around and tries a German suplex, but before he can lift, Mal elbows out and circles around. He goes for a reverse DDT, but London blocks, turns towards Pasillas, and hits a double leg takedown. Immediate running elbow into Mal's abdomen. And a running senton on Pasillas to add a bit more pain. London lifts Mal and whips him into the corner. Avalanche attempt is blocked, Mal tosses London into the corner and lifts him up to the top rope. Frankensteiner sends London flying. Mal runs and hits a knee drop. Lift, and a swinging neckbreaker. Pin gets a two-count, as London gets a foot on the ropes. Mal stands and argues with the ref as London uses the ropes to get up. Mal turns around and goes to punch London, but Paul blocks. And another punch, and another block. Finally, Mal gets fed up and whips him off the rope. Unfortunately, he telegraphs his next move, and London leap frogs him. Mal stands in surprise, and gets a bulldog for his troubles. Standing moonsault, and London gets a two-count. He rolls off, rubbing his neck with one hand and applying pressure to his back with the other. He then turns to fact Mal, who is rushing him, and counters with a simple heel-toe takedown. Fast spinning wheel kick afterwards, and Pasillas is down. Leg drop to the head for insurance from London, and he drags Mal towards the nearest turnbuckle. He climbs the ropes - LONDON CALLING! And the pin gets a three! Paul London is the new Red Sash of Courage champion! He gets the belt, and immediately climbs a turnbuckle, raising it high above his head. The fans are cheering loudly for the new champion, and Mal just looks at him incredulously.

Match Quality: 79% (Good match, man. What else can I say?)

Crowd Reaction: 51% (Fans are familiar with the guy.)

Overall: 65%

Overall: 55

Attendance: 36

Gate Sales: $720

Okay, for the end of the year this year, here's a rundown of the characters in the AWO, for those that are truly confused at this point. In case you didn't notice, coloring in the speech has nothing to do with alignment. Sorry if I misrepresent any person in this diary, feel free to correct me on any point at all.

Heels

Alexander Worthington III - Originally hired himself for the AWO, but realizing that he really wasn't that suited for wrestling, but rather joined because his life was becoming dull, began a small campaign to gain a tag partner. After a few mix-ups, Drake "Delta" Strata finally just gave him a tag team partner. His current gimmick is that of a Rich Snob.

Duke Danger of Argh - Originally applied for the AWO via a phone call, calling himself the Duke of Danger, but Victor kept screwing up the name, so that's what we got. He had one match that was a total blow-out before refusing to wrestle with anybody. Finally, he was forced into a tag team with Alexander Worthington III by Drake "Delta" Strata. His current gimmick is that of Royalty.

El Bulldust - One of the "Original 10", Bulldust is both one of the most over and one of the most annoying members on the roster. He has held the Not-So-Big Medal, a title which was literally lost. He is the cousin of Malachi Pasillas, and hosts "El Bullring" on most of our shows. He has the odd habit of singing - or rather, seeingingue - his entrance, which generally varies from match to match and segment to segment. His gimmick is that of a Luchadore, but that's because there wasn't an "Annoying Foreigner" gimmick that had any good descriptions.

Malachi Pasillas - Another of the "Original 10". He's held the Red Sash of Courage since it was created, up until Paul London took it from him. Being a guy of Rey Misterio-like size, he tries his best to fight and grapple because he was in the high school wrestling team, so that's what he's used to. Bulldust taught him the high-flying, and he eventually became comfortable with that as well. Due to his size, though, he gets kind of irked, and blames anybody that doesn't like him of prejudice. Therefore, he's got an Angry Minority Gimmick.

Matt Inferno - He's "O-10" as well, and has proven to be somewhat of a danger in the ring, having accidentally injured The Bob at one of the first shows. Though he isn't much of a fighter, he definitely has a personality that speaks miles. Still, he is a bit off-balanced at times, so I really don't know when he'll do something nuts. He held the Not-So-Big Medal for all of ten minutes. Either way, he used to be a Pyromaniac, but when we started doing indoor shows, he became a plain old Psycho.

Mortimer Plumtree - Just introduced at our most recent show, he's been brought in to "coach" the Upper Crust (Worthington and Danger) to victory. He's kind of a loser with an okay appearance, so he's been classified as a "Geek".

Shaun Draw - Another "O-10". A man that constantly refuses to get some training, he really has little skill in the ring, but somehow, a few of the fans still gravitate towards him, or rather gravitate towards disliking him. He generally complains about things, especially losing, and so he's an Angry Young Man.

Faces

Amanda Shae - Though she has been off doing her own thing lately, she's technically my manager, but I didn't hire her, Corey did. She's an okay speaker, but seeing as I've been taking acting lessons, I'm beginning to think that maybe I could put her on another worker. Either way, she's into the whole punk rock scene, and dyes her hair varying colors quite frequently. As such, she's been defined as a Punk.

Bucky - O-10 staffer with not a lot of skill, but he makes up for it in charisma. He's generally athletic, so though he doesn't have the skills to wrestle, he at least has the stamina. He became the first man on the roster with catchphrases, albeit they were only "SNAP!" and "DISS!" Either way, due to his generally easy-going nature, he's a Fun Babyface.

Christopher Idol - Coming out of Pennsylvania and a lot of eastern promotions, he then went to Cali, but found that he didn't quite like the atmosphere. He decided to try us on for a nice change, and we hired him because he is totally a character man, willing to do any gimmick in the world. He came in during an episode of El Bullring, and has been coming to most of the shows, taking a break here and there to either perform for RMCW or just not wrestle the month. Either way, he's playing a Rock Star at the moment.

David Michaels - Another O-10 member, he started out as a Pirate, and still is. Honestly, everybody calls him "D-Walk" backstage due to his real name, but other than that, he's kind of lost in the whole wrestling idea. Either way, he doesn't always appear on our shows because of college, but he comes when he can.

Drew Porter - Our resident O-10 Impressionist, though he describes himself as an Old School Face of varying degrees, he's another of the Original 10. He has generally the same wrestling ability as David, and has defeated former champion El Bulldust on multiple occasions. Either way, he tries his best, and I'm cool with that.

Jason Rumble - Ah, yes, the ex-NWA-based-indy-fed-champion-turned-AWO-Superfan. He's got the skills in the ring, and really could be one hell of a character if he would become "The Boston Bad Boy" again, but that ain't looking likely. Having joined forces with Mark Out for the time being, though, he constitutes one team out of two that has solely tag team wrestlers.

Nick Adams - That would be me, the founder of the company. I have some problems with gravity - mainly the fact that it has far too much of an effect upon me - but other than that, I know martial arts, so I can do some wrestling and grappling moves while flying around a bit. Being 6'2" and a lightweight doesn't really do much good for me, but I don't really think I can put on ten more pounds just to be classified as a heavyweight. Either way, for now, I'm "Unlucky"...but I recently talked to Amanda, and she thinks I might be able to cut that stigma...

Paul London - Only recently debuted, his is currently our champion. Seeing the fact that he got over with the fans due to his match, I've decided that he really doesn't need a gimmick. He's a good wrestler, plain and simple. There you go.

The Bob - O-10 member, and originally named Robert Cameron. Ah, yes, our resident version of The Rock, save for the fact that he's a bit less charismatic (not by much, but by a little), and he can't wrestle that well due to his injury. Seeing as it was far different from Drew's, as Porter's was self-inflicted, rehab didn't allow him to bounce back to 100%. Instead, he's lost a bit of ability in the ring. Hopefully his charisma can make up for it. Either way, he's a former champion, so there you are.

Tweeners

Drake "Delta" Strata - Occasionally called "The Dentist" due to the abbreviation for his name, Drake is the Commissioner of the company because I don't feel like keeping control of everybody around here. He once went on a power trip, giving himself the title, but that ended, and he's now a bit more fair, not favoring good guys or bad guys, but rather making matches that he thinks will bring in fans.

Mark Out - Originally named "Even Colder Austin", he had the perfect makings of a general Bad Ass. Seeing as he was originally going to impersonate SCSA, it works. He now is teaming with Jason Rumble, because he thinks the guy has potential, but needs to get beyond his adoration of the rest of the AWO good guys - which he really doesn't view himself as.

As for title histories...

Red Sash of Courage

December 25, 2005 - (Still champion): Paul London

August 20, 2005 - December 25, 2005: Malachi Pasillas

Not-So-Big Medal

August 9, 2005 - Declared vacant, and was subsequently lost.

June 25, 2005 - August 9, 2005: El Bulldust

April 30, 2005 - June 25, 2005: Drake Strata

January 22, 2005 - April 30, 2005: El Bulldust

October 30, 2004 - January 22, 2005: Robert Cameron

October 30 (Held for ten minutes): Matt Inferno

August 15, 2004 - October 30, 2004: Robert Cameron

August 15, 2004 - Title created

January, Part 1

Well, I suppose that the entire purpose of this company has changed. Somehow, I've managed to take a ridiculous group of rejects and make them appear somewhat legitimate. Now, as much as I would like to say that the professionalism lasted...it didn't. Not even close. You see, Victor still tried to contact Terry Funk - still no luck. Even worse, our professional talent that we pulled in has been hired away by CZW. That's right, adios, Paul London. And that means we have no champion. Crap. Oh, also, to add to that, Christopher Idol, our other very experienced athlete, decided to live the gimmick, and went to a rock party. He got quadruple-teamed in a mosh pit, and during the subsequential brawl, one of his arms went the wrong way, and he subsequently tore a tricep. Out only for this month, but still annoying.

Yup...either way, we've encountered a few setbacks since our last show. Remember how we were indoors, and schools were willing to accept us having shows on their premises? Well, when they found out about the impromptu hardcore beat-down, they didn't think we were so "family friendly". Amazingly, Kohl's thought the exact same thing, and ditched us. So I called an emergency meeting to solve these problems. So, let's fade in to...

My House...rather, my parents' house, January 15th, 2006

Of course, Shaun and Corey were there first, since I've known them for almost an eternity - well, four years, but still. Either way, everybody eventually showed up, and we all met upstairs, generally lounging around so we could see each other - or at least hear each other. Either way, I tried to get things started.

Me: Hey, everyone. So, I guess you know why I called this meeting...

Victor: Because Paul London decided to move back east?

Me: Well, that, and...

Bulldust: OH, EYE KNOAH! Jou founde anaytheer maske foar mee.

Me: No, not quite...

Ahern: Comedy Central picked us up for a television show?

Me: No, we didn't...wait, what did you just say?

Ahern: Well, you see, I decided that we needed a bit more exposure, so I sent a few networks our videos. I was hoping that my work paid off...

Me: Well, Ahern, no, they didn't. And please, until we can actually afford it, stop sending out tapes.

Ahern: But I thought...

Me: Just don't. Now, the reason I called you all here was...

Victor: Terry Funk finally accepted the invitation I gave him?

Me: NO! I'm telling you all that the belt is vacant, so we need to figure out who's going to be in the title match for our next show. Also, we've kind of lost our lease on the gym - so it's back to the park. Luckily, we got it re-zoned for an audience of rougly 200 people.

Mal: You could have told us that over the phone, man.

Me: True, but I figured that I might as well just save the time and tell everybody. Besides, it's an excuse to hang out, isn't it?

Bob: You ordered the Royal Rumble, didn't you?

Me: Am I really that predictable?

Everyone Else: Yes.

And from that point, we just all agreed to watch the Rumble and enjoy ourselves. It was an okay show, with Sting coming down as entrant 30 and clearing house, tossing Triple H over last to claim the title shot against Chris Jericho (who at this point had gained the World Heavyweight title, much to the chagrin of the crowd, since he had turned at Survivor Series). Other matches included Chavo Guerrero facing off against Matt Hardy (who had returned at SummerSlam to join forces with Kane and destroy Snitsky and Edge, which eventually ended in a Snitsky vs Kane match for Loser Leaves the WWE which Kane won, and an I Quit match which Hardy won - typical McMahons using real-life situations) and Kurt Angle taking on Christopher Daniels (who had ditched "The Fallen Angel" in favor of "The Dark Savior"). On a more odd note, they actually decided to end the brand split at Survivor Series, but all they determined was which belts would survive. They decided (in what seemed a gesture to get Sting on the roster) to keep the more WCW-styled World Heavyweight, United States, and Cruiserweight titles, along with the World Tag Team titles. Of course, this is all stuff I had to find out for myself. Still, kind of interesting who they've hired and ditched, huh?

Well, after that, we all said our good-byes and left, all knowing that in a couple weeks, we were putting on a show that was back in familiar territory, with God-knows-what for a video display, some difficult camera shots, and uneven ground upon which to place our padding. Add that to the fact that we have to drag out a solar generator for the projection, video camera, and announcers' stuff, and we're pretty much at the mercy of nature. And we haven't even named it...

Well, scratch that. We didn't have names until Ahern decided to call me up the Tuesday after.

Ahern: Hey, Nick...I was just thinking, seeing as we seem to be getting out of name ideas, that you could use your creative genius one more time.

Me: You have no idea what you're going to name the show, do you?

Ahern: Well, to be honest, Ace and I are good at the technical stuff, but names aren't our strong point...

Me: Why didn't you call Corey? He is the head writer...

Ahern: Well, I did, but he was a bit preoccupied, so...

Me: Can't you think of something?

Ahern: Erm...uh...no. Can you?

And with that, I yelled loudly and hung up the phone. So, ladies and gentlemen, our show for this month is entitled:

AAAAARGH! *SLAM*

Yup, it's the old AWO...and I really wish it weren't.

Edited by Nick Adams

Nick,

Good to see you filling out some quicker updates, a helluvalot quicker than me at least. I love the "Night Santa went Crazy" as a show name. Just cracks me up every time I see it.

A servicable show for the most part, and I had totally forgotten The Bob along with the crowd. Didn't he have the 'coolest move ever?' I just don't remember.

When did the Ultimate Marks vs... Royal Pains become some sort of bizarre to read (even for me!) tag team match? I couldn't follow those rules, try though I might.

I didn't find the write-up for London-Mal to be overly compelling. You got called for underwriting in Dukes' challenge and you did that with the Red Sash match. You landed Paul 'please don't die' London and you did your normal write up. You should do better than that Nick. You should have written the fuck out of that match, make Mal look like a star even while London clearly outclassed him. I wouldn't have gifted London the title, he's too good for the rest of the roster, how would you have removed the title from him? And, I think you should spin it so that him leaving is due to something AWO-related. Hell, being asked to duet with Bulldust sounds promising to me.

All in all, good to see the updates.

Argh indeed!

(OOC: To make up for my serious under-writing in the contest that Dukes is doing, I'm going to take the best-rated match in the show and write it full-out, move-for-move, no recap mode. I realize that it might seem a bit odd, especially for a few regulars, but I've done it before, so bear with me. But this is going to be a REALLY long post in the AWOVerse. Also, apologies to the WWE, but mostly Dukes, in the last match - I couldn't resist.)

January, Part 2

About an hour after we finished setting up in the park, I discovered a few problems that we had. Firstly, Ahern, expecting the entire place to be relatively empty, even though it was a Saturday, set out 160 chairs. But by setting them up in a kind of oblong fashion, he managed to save a lot of space, and instead of 20 rows of eight, it was more like a clumped mass of five rows. As such, we had some seriously overpowered speakers. And apparently, there was some kind of gigantic gathering at the elementary school accross the way. So when we did a sound check, we wound up having 40 kids all rushing to see what was the commotion, along with 10 adult chaperones. So what do you think happened? We had to comp 50 freaking tickets. Add that to the fact that there were a lot of kids there, and we've got a seriously toned-down product. And even better, we hired a couple of bands to play while we cleared the ring during the havoc, as well as to introduce the show. So in other words, there goes $20,000 for four bands that showed up, gear all ready, and never played, but I still had to pay them due to the fact that they were there. Hell, we're lucky we got the AWOSheet Mini-Version to work. So, I suppose, due to all of these FUBARs, the name really is appropriate.

(OOC: Thanks to Jack Krauser for the logo.)

user posted image

AAAAARGH! *SLAM*

(Now 80% more kid-friendly!)

Corey here to actually do the report, I figured that I might as well let Nick just focus on what he's going to do tonight.

And to start the show, as well as to test the AS-MV...

We fade in to the "backstage", where Jason Rumble and Mark Out are hanging out. Okay, so they're by the swings, just messing around. We tried the best we could to block it out with some flats, thank you very much...either way, Jason is warming up, SCSA gear applied. Meanwhile Mark looks to be either pulling stuff out of his bag or putting it away. We kind of came in at the middle. But Rumble answers the question for us.

Rumble: B...b...but Mark, you can't just walk out. We're tag team partners, remember?

Mark: Yeah, kid, I know. But the fact is that you're scheduled for a match. I'm not.

Rumble: That doesn't mean anything...I...well, you could come out for moral support or something...

Mark: Kid, you don't need me. You'll manage just fine.

Rumble: But...but...you're my mentor. You're the guy that I'm modeling myself after!

Mark finishes packing, zips up the bag, and turns to Rumble. He shakes his head and lifts his bag.

Rumble: Come on, Mark, you can't just leave me hanging here.

Mark: I remember hearing about you a while back, Jase. Fact is, I don't really care about who says I should be here - but I know you can handle it without me. Besides, if nothing else, you're facing one of the AWO's biggest stars. You can at least go out and get his John Hancock.

Mark then slings the bag over his shoulder and begins to walk away.

Rumble: But Mark - I can't handle somebody like that! It just...it won't be right!

And Mark leaves the frame. Rumble yells a bit more weakly this time.

Rumble: Mark?

He pauses for a second. Suddenly, he brightens up.

Rumble: Wait a second...one of AWO's biggest stars? I need to get my autograph book!

And he runs off, excited as a kid in a candy store.

And now, to announce the main event...

Drake Strata comes out from behind the flats (painted with a large AWO logo on each side, might I add) and walks down our sorry excuse for the ramp, carrying a clipboard. Either way, a few cheers and a few boos accompany him, and he steps into the ring. He grabs a microphone and raises it.

DDS: Well, ladies, gentlemen, and, as it would appear, children of all ages, welcome to the show. Now, due to the loss of our champion because of personal differences, we have had to look through the roster to see who was deserving of the belt.

Drake paused, looked at the clipboard, and then continued.

DDS: Well, we've looked through the roster. And four members in the group have all promised to put on their best performance tonight. So, ladies, gentlemen, and kids, for tonight, you will be seeing Drew Porter, Tommy Chill, David Michaels, and our most recent champion, MALACHI PASILLAS...

Cheap boo from the fans for Pasillas, save for the kids, who cheer the entire time because they figure that the guys are all wrestlers. Well, that, and they're not familiar with any of the people actually in the AWO. Meanwhile, the ten parent chaperones just sit there, ready to take a way the kids in the event of something too crass.

DDS: IN THE MAIN EVENT FOR THE RED SASH OF COURAGE!

Okay, easy cheer from the kids, a bit more of a difficult cheer from the rest of the crowd. Drake nodded, and obviously, he isn't really one for playing evil or good.

Overall: 53%

The Bob vs Michael Style

Well, in case you really didn't notice, the guy that isn't the Bob is debuting tonight. Nick and I didn't feel like doing a gigantic build-up for Michael, just a nice, simple match against one of the more charismatic performers. Either way, due to his injury, Robert has had some problems performing that well, so Style actually wound up carrying the match while Bob entertained the crowd. Either way, Style really acted like a prissy guy, demanding that the referee separate the ropes, ordering a ring attendant to step into the ring and personally take his jacket and hat, and finally looking at The Bob in disgust. They got into it, with The Bob looking at him like a punk. A shoving match ensued, with Bob first, then Style, then Bobby, then style. Fans really aren't into it, but they're not booing. Clothesline from the Bob, then another, then another. Cameron goes to attack again. One punch, two punch, three punch, Bob blows off his fingers and hits a whopper that drops Style. Irish Whip, but Style ducks another clothesline, and comes back with a drop kick. Tornado DDT follows, and a running splash gets a two-count. The Bob blocks a punch and reversess it into a hammerlock. Style flips out, turns around, and whips Bobby's arm around. The Bob goes with the arm, slamming him into the ground. Style then checks his hands and yells the male equivalent of "YOU JUST BROKE ONE OF MY NAILS!" Now that's something you don't see every day. He then begins to stomp away at The Bob. With Bobby down and hurting, Michael began to pose like he owned the place - oddly enough, though, the guy that does own the place never does that, even though he's on the show, so I guess that he's got the right. Either way, Matt Inferno suddenly comes running from the back. Style turns towards Inferno, wondering what's going on. But suddenly, The Bob turns Michael around, AND A FONZIE FLOP! But Inferno slides in and immediately slams Bobby with the Lighter Side of Fire! The ref catches it, obviously, and calls for the immediate DQ. At this point, the bell rouses Style. He sees the havoc, and, reacting only by what he sees in the ring, he grabs Matt and hits a devastating double underhook piledriver, apparently called the "High Fashion". Kind of weird, but the debuting man is the only one left standing, and walks off, but not before demanding that the ring attendant re-clothe him with his jacket and hat. Well, he definitely is playing up to the gimmick.

Match Quality: 56% (Well, as I said, Bob isn't exactly the best of wrestlers since his injury. He's going to be training to improve himself, though.)

Crowd Reaction: 23% (Lacking characters that they are very familiar with, as well as a good match, only the kids and some people who have been watching AWO since the second show - the latter of which there were only five - really got into it.)

Overall: 39%

And backstage with Amanda Shae...

Amanda is standing around by the gazebo, apparently annoyed, and wearing a business suit obviously tailored for a guy roughly her height, but with a more husky build. She shakes her head and looks off-camera to her right.

Shae: Nick, come on. It's a good change for you. All things considered, you really have to lose the old stigma that you've had.

Off-screen voice (Presumably Nick): I really don't think that this is going to win me over with the fans.

Shae: Look, man, either you go out there with that, or I go out there and wrestle for you.

There's a pause for a second, as if the guy off-screen is considering the idea.

Off-screen voice: Okay, that would be great. Then next month, I can change this bad idea and just do what I usually do.

Shae: Falling over yourself and making mistakes you could just as easily keep yourself from doing?

Off-screen voice: It's worked so far.

Shae: But it's not going to win you over with the fans. You have to be flashy. Trust me on that one.

Off-screen voice: Oh, yeah - wearing a man's clothing is really going to get you popular with the fans.

Shae: Look, I just find this stuff more comfortable than skirts and girly clothes, okay? But enough. Just come out already...

Off-screen voice: Oh, fine...

And on-screen walks none other than Nick Adams, wearing some seriously punk rock gear, as well as hair totally punked-out and dyed neon green. He doesn't really seem happy about it, though.

Adams: I look like something a cat dragged into the house, and then played with as a scratching post.

Shae: Don't be so dramatic. Honestly, I think you look like Shannon Moore, but taller.

Adams: Moore is blonde.

Shae: Okay, maybe not exactly like him, but you get the point. You're going to lose the image of being a clumsy goof! Now you're The Punk Revolution! Now let's go out there and have you win a match!

Adams: *Sigh* All right, fearless leader...

And as Amanda walks off, Nick follows her with his eyes as opposed to watching where he's walking, and immediately slams face-first into a pole! He backs away, holding his head, and Amanda immediately rushes back, albeit very annoyed.

Shae: Hey, man, are you cool?

Nick: Yeah, I'm fine.

Adams removes his hands from his face.

Nick: That was completely intentional.

And he starts to walk, but suddenly reacts to the hit completely and falls to the ground. The screen goes blank.

"The Punk Revolution" Nick Adams vs Shaun Draw

Draw came out with his usual "pissed-off" idea, but wearing actual wrestling gear in the form of plain black thigh-length tights. Not bad, really, but it kind of makes him look like the Jobber-of-the-Week. Then again, maybe he is...save for the fact that while Nick came out to The Offspring's "Self-Esteem", he looked like he was still shaking out the cobwebs, and Amanda was practically dragging him to the ring. Either way, the match started, and Draw immediately took the advantage, clotheslining Adams. And another clothesline. And another clothesline. And Adams finally counters with an arm drag. Draw comes in with another clothesline, but Adams ducks and immediately locks in an abdominal stretch. With his free arm, he makes the general "GET IT UP!" arm swing, to which the fans react somewhat, but seeing as roughly one third of them are kids and non-fan adults, they don't really understand the idea behind punk rock. Either way, Draw finally manages to turn towards Adams, and a cheap eye poke forces Nick to let go completely. The angry man then hits a body slam, and an elbow drop pin gets two. Shaun lifts Nick off the mat and immediately whips him to the ropes. BIG BOOT! And then a BODY SLAM! Shaun tries to work the crowd, with a one hand flip, two hand flip, watch the birdie. Instead of the leg drop, though, Draw waits for Adams to stand, rushes in, and a side-step sends Draw into the ropes. Shaun rebounds, and a gets spinebuster from Adams! Nick stands, albeit rather shakily, and recovers at the ropes. Draw comes in, but Adams somehow manages to give Draw a body slam out of nowhere. Adams walks to the side of Draw and...starts doing the Skank? One hop, two hop, three hop, ELBOW DROP! Oh, I get it - the Skanky Elbow. Adams lifts Draw off the ground, gets behind him, and locks Draw up in a reverse headlock. And the Kick of...oh, sorry, the reverse swinging neckbreaker that Nick uses has now been re-named. Apparently he's now calling it "Musical Revolution" in honor of the new gimmick - or maybe Amanda is. Either way, Nick gets the pinfall, and walks away, with Amanda congratulating him while Nick just shakes his head. When Draw comes to, he realizes what just happened, stands, and begins yelling to the crowd - all PG rated, of course, but it's still a rant. How polite...

Match Quality: 52% (Not exactly anything that good, but I don't really think it's too below average...)

Crowd Reaction: 36% (Almost entirely Nick's new gimmick, but Draw somehow managed to get the crowd pissed off...)

Overall: 44% (They're part of the Original 10 - what they lack in quality, they make up for with familiarity with the owner...seeing as one of them IS the owner.)

Jason Rumble vs ???

Jason Rumble came out with his autograph book and pen, dressed up like SCSA, but ca. ECW, so it's cut-off jeans and a t-shirt. Either way, Rumble looks to be excited, wondering which gigantic AWO superstar is facing him tonight. And suddenly...

Wayeek mee uhpe befoare jou goe-goe

Doan' leeavuh mee hayeengeengue ahn liyeek a jo-jo

Aye doan' wahn too meese eet wayeen jou heet dat hiyee

'Cause Aye'm naht playneengue ahn goeengue sohloh

Tayeek me dahnseengue toaniyeet

Aye wanna' heet dat hiyee

As the man that is Jason Rumble's opponent would saye eet, EET'S DA GREEN! Jason Rumble goes into a total moment of hysterical celebration, since he's meeting the main reason he actually decided to come back to wrestling (albeit not the man he's now modeling his career after), EL BULLDUST! Bulldust comes to the ring, traditional luchadore mask and black wrestling tights equipped. And apparently, he's also added some kind of marketing apparel to his outfit, as his t-shirt has a stylized font that says "El Bulldust" on the front, and "EET'S DA GREEN!" with a picture of his mask underneath. Either way, when EBD gets into the ring, Rumble immediately walks over and asks Bulldust for his autograph. Bulldust shrugs, takes the book, signs it, and hands it back to Rumble. Rumble smiles and skips away like a kid who just inherited a candy store. And just as a ring attendant gets the autograph book, El Bulldust comes from behind and smashes Jason right into the nearest turnbuckle!

Ben: Looks like Bulldust is through with the warm-up, huh?

Rich: Yeah, I guess so.

Ben: Hate his songs as much as we all do, you have do admit his tactics leave very little to be desired.

Rich: Well, save for the random loss once in a while...

Bulldust immediately takes control of the match as the bell rings, hitting a snap mare and immediately following up with a drop kick to the back of the head. Rumble drops to the mat, grabbing his head, but Bulldust definitely doesn't allow him any time at all. The Big Bad Bull of the AWO is being totally relentless, and hits a huge elbow drop. The pin only gets a two, and Bulldust stands to argue with the referee.

Rich: I guess this isn't what Jason was expecting...

Ben: Not what he was expecting? Are you kidding? This is exactly the opposite of what he was expecting!

And the fans are booing, as they all are sympathizing with Jason, who just wanted to meet a big AWO star. Jason stands, looking almost heartbroken, and then suddenly becomes very, very angry. He grabs EBD by the mask, turns him around, and immediately hits a Belly-to-Belly suplex on Bulldust. Bulldust is up - another BTB. And finally, a back suplex just to vary it up! Jason is really getting back into his old skills, if not his current persona. Rumble whips Bulldust into the turnbuckles, and then stalks over to Bulldust.

Rich: Hey, you can't grab someone by the mask! That's cheating!

Ben: Maybe in Mexico, Cruz, but in the AWO, if you wear a mask that cover's most of your head except your eyes and mouth, it's fair game for grabbing.

And now Rumble has become the Mark Out follower that we know him to be. He gets his feet a little dirty, because he's STOMPING A MUDHOLE! Bulldust is really taking a beating now, and the fans are beginning to cheer for Jason. In fact, because they're so near to the ropes, the referee takes the current can of whoop-ass from Jason and tells him to back off. Jason complies, and Bulldust begs off, raising himself with the ropes.

Rich: Jason Rumble acts all humble, and then goes and does that...

Ben: Rich, all things considered, though the line is juvenile, it still applies - El Bulldust started it.

Jason waits for Bulldust to make a move, and Bulldust rushes in. Jason goes for a back body drop, but as Bulldust goes up, he twists his body around, grabs Jason's neck, and lands a devastating neckbreaker. Of course, that still causes the momentum that Bulldust had to come crashing to the mat, so it's kind of "If I go down, so do you." Either way, Bulldust gets to his feet first, albeit holding his back. Jason also stands, holding his head. The two rush up to each other...DOUBLE DROP KICK, AND BOTH MISS!

Ben: It looks like they both had the same idea at the same time.

Rich: And both of them failed.

Jason stands, but Bulldust, having slammed onto his back without any gain, Bulldust stays down in pain. Rumble smiles and motions for EBD to stand. As the Big Bad Bull gets up, Jason makes the two-finger salute, KICK, WHAM, M.O.M.! And Bulldust goes flying back! In fact, he goes flying all the way through the ropes.

Rich: Stunner!

Ben: Actually, Cruz, we in the AWO prefer to call it the Mark Out Moment, as the wrestler Mark Out first displayed the move in this company as the Moment.

Rumble begins to trademark "head-wobble yelling", and then turns and realizes that Bulldust is still out of the ring. Jason waits for Bulldust to stand, but the luchadore is barely moving. The ref is at three, and Jason begins pacing. Bulldust gets to his hands and knees, and begins crawling towards the ring, but the ref is at seven. Jason suddenly begins to smile and gets excited like a five-year-old would. El Bulldust grabs the bottom of the apron and starts to stand, but the referee reaches ten a split second before he rolls back into the ring!

Ben: AND JASON RUMBLE WINS AGAINST EL BULLDUST!

Rich: He only won by a technicality...

Ben: Wait a second...it looks like Bulldust hasn't heard the bell...

Indeed. As Jason calls for a couple beers, Bulldust rushes him from behind and hits a gigantic BullDawg. Jason is slammed to the mat hard, and flips over onto his face as a couple beer cans go sailing across the ring. Bulldust goes to the nearest turnbuckle and climbs up.

Rich: Now this is what I'm talking about!

Ben: Apparently that Moment from Jason made Bulldust temporarily deaf!

And the Bull leaps off the turnbuckle. EL BULLSPLASH! Bulldust holds it for the pin, but when the ref doesn't do the count, he stands and begins to argue. Upon finding out that he has already lost, he yells in anger and leaves the ring, with Jason Rumble lying down and hurt.

Match Quality: 73% (Pretty good, all things considered.)

Crowd Reaction: 43% (The assault on the AWO Fanboy got them immediately interested in the match.)

Overall: 58%

After Jason Rumble finally manages to walk backstage...

Tommy Chill makes his entrance to the ring. It's the basic Polar Bear idea, with a loud roar and an even more vicious body expression. He climbs into the ring and makes a similar motion, then suddenly, "He's a Pirate" from Pirates of the Caribbean, and the AWOSheet - Mini-Version comes alive with some footage of a Jolly Roger waving. David Michaels comes out to the cheers of the crowd, and everybody stands. He smiles and steps into the ring, and gets a microphone.

David: So, ye be on o' the scurvy dawgs that I be fightin' ter get th' Red Sash o' Courage. Well, let me tell ye', I have more mettle than ye'll evar have.

Chill walks up to Michaels and looks down at him. Compared to D-Walk...erm, sorry, the pirate...Chill is rather intimidating. David stares back.

David: Ye think that ye can make me afeard? Well, I doubt it, ye overgrown wooly mammoth. I've taken down midgets bigger than ye. But if ye wan' to do the cowardly act an' attack me before th' match begins, I says that's mighty fine!

Chill looks ready to attack, but the AWOSheet - Mini-Version comes alive again, and...

WAR, HUH, GOOD GAWD, Y'ALL, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

Once again, the song comes up, and the man in silohuette is shown. The fans all wait.

The Peace Man: Do you see where you need for conflict brings you? You demean and intimidate one another, with no true hope of improving the situation. Instead, you drag what could be a great display of brotherhood through the gutter and make it a display of hate. Well, next month, I will come to show you how an attitude of cooperation and peaceful coexistence can improve your lives. And if you will not listen willingly...I will make you listen.

And we finish off with the obvious - "THE PEACE MAN IS COMING'. That got really old really fast. I hope that it's somebody worthwhile...

Overall: 59% (Chill and David)

Overall: 55% (The Peace Man)

Red Sash of Courage Match: David Michaels vs Tommy Chill vs Malachi Pasillas vs Drew Porter

The other two men made their way out to the ring. Mal was his usual PO'ed self, but Drew came out to the DX theme. And just to make things even more surreal, he impersonated none other than Hunter Hearst Helmsley Himself (you know, back when, if he ever heard the phrase, "Thank God," he'd say "You're welcome," as opposed to just the common arrogant jerk-off he's become). Somehow, though, because it was DX, he got cheers. Either way, the four all went to their seperate corners and waited for the bell. The problem was that when Drake said they all promised to give their best performance, something got a little lost in translation. So, what do we have for tonight's match?

MONOLOGUES!

That's right, plain and simple. All four of them are going to perform monologues from plays, movies, or TV shows, and the crowd gets to choose the winner, according to a decibel recorder. The winner has to defeat the others by at least 15 decibels from the crowd's cheering, or another monologue must be performed. Yeesh - I think being in the park again has driven everybody loopy. Either way, for the edification of myself, and for the intelligence of those that decide to read the write-up, feel free to find the errors within these lines (OOC: God, this is long...it's multiple scenes, so...oh, by the way, whoever can name the origin of all the monologues, ).

First, out came Drew, being one of the larger actors in the AWO. And of course, he steals from Kevin Smith and alters the lines just a bit, including a bit of a HHH idea with it. And just for the hell of it, David jumped in and played the other half..:

Drew: I went through something like what you're talking about, a couple years ago, this chick named Anne.

David: Did ye live near another of the Seven Seas? Why don't I know about this?

Drew: Look, I'm the Match, Michaels. There's a lot you don't know about me. For example, did you know that I can play games with your head that haven't even been discovered yet? *Gestures with his hands at his head.* You probably didn't know that.

David: Yargh, matey. Just ye go an' tell th' story, so we can get on with th' match.

Drew: So, there's me and Anne. And we're all inseparable, right? Big time in love, and she's my manager. Then a year and a half down the road, the idiot gear kicks in, and I ask about the ex-client. Which, as we all know, is a really dumb move. But you know how you don't wanna know, but just have to know - it's the kind of answer that I would normally intrigue my opponents with. So, anyway, she starts telling me about him. How he was a great wrestler, how she helped him dominate the company they were in by getting him the right matches and the right opponents, and how she thinks I deserve to get even further than he did. And I'm fine. Then she really got detailed - it seems that a couple of times, while she was managing him, she brought in a few allies, a "faction" I believe it was called. And this is just way too much for me - my experience with wrestling was all in the early 90's, for crying out loud.

David: An idiot AWA fan ye were.

Drew: So I'm totally weirded out by this, right? So I start into her. I don't know how to deal with what I'm feeling, so I go on and call her a brainless zombie, tell her she was used. I'm really living in the past, and I really want to lose her as a manager. And she's just trying to calmly tell me it was that time, it was that place, and she doesn't feel like she should apologize because she doesn't feel that she's done anything wrong. And I say, "Oh, really?" That's when I look her straight in the eye, tell her I quit, and walk off, leaving her all alone.

David: Aye, matey, that be the right way.

Drew: No, idiot, it was a mistake. I wasn't angry with her, I was afraid. In that moment, I felt small, like I lacked experience, like I'd never be enough for her or something like that, you know what I'm saying? But what I did not get: she didn't care. She wasn't looking for that guy any more. She was looking for me, the Match, the Mental Killer. But by the time I figured this all out, it was too late. She had moved on. And all I had to show for it was some foolish pride which gave way to regret. She was the girl. I know that now. But-I pushed her away...So I spend every day since then chasing Annie...So to speak.

The two of them say "Scene", and the ref pulls out the decibel levels. Drew gets a decent cheer from the fans, as it's Kevin Smith, but not really big. Finally, Drew and David step back, and Tommy Chill walks out. The fans are then treated to something a bit more recent...

Chill: Do you know what's kept me alive all these years? Drake does. Fear. The spectacle of fearsome acts. Someone punches me in the face, I smash his arms around. He offends me, I shut his mouth for him. He rises against me, I give him a Chill Factor, and then rais his body. Hold it high in the ring so all can see. That's what preserves the order of things. My opponents. Who are they? All nobodies. All cowards. What a fitting end that would have been. I beat the last honorable man fifteen years ago. You've seen his portrait. Backstage...Him and me lived by the same principles. It was only a belt that divided us.

Tommy indicates his face, and a scar running down his cheek.

Chill: He gave me this in an I Quit match. It was the finest beating I ever took. My face was a mess. My guts were aching. My ribs made me go to the hospital afterwards. But when he came to force me to say the match-ending words, I couldn't look at him, and I couldn't raise my mouth the to the microphone. He left in disgust, letting the match be declared a no contest. He spared me from saying it, because he wanted me to live in shame. The crowd knew that I would have quit if I had had the strength. This was a great man. So I burned the clothes I was wearing in that match and sent him the ashes in an urn. But when he got the title I rose up and took in down, beating him twice as hard as he beat me. He was the last man I defeated that was worth remembering.

Tommy then stepped back and said, "Scene." And of course, the crowd began booing loudly. But the decibel level determines the winner, and the referee announces that his boos are actually fifteen decibels louder than Drew's cheers. Mal steps out and begins his own monologue.

Mal: I wonder that you, being, as you say you are,/ born under Saturn, goes about to apply a moral/ medicine to a mortifying mischief. I cannot hide/ what I am: I must be sad when I have lost and smile/ at no man's wins, fight when I feel like it and wait/ for no man's leisure, rest when I am worn out and/ leave people to their own devices, laugh when I am victorious and/ disillusion anybody in his humor./ I had rather be a canker in a hedge than a rose in/ my enemy's sight, and it better fits me/ to be hated than to make a scheme to/ win a belt from any man: in this,/ though I cannot be called an honest man,/ it must not be denied but I am/ a plain-dealing villain. The fans boo me/ whenever I come out. So I hate them/ and give them no praise. If I could, I would/ attack each of them in turn. If free reign/ was my option, I would smack prejudice/ from their minds. Until then, let me be and seek/ not to change me in any way.

The fans boo loudly, but you have to give him a few points for picking what he did. Either way, he's getting the same decibel amount (well, actually, 2 decibels lower) than Drew's stuff. That still leaves David - who really gets into his element. It's odd, because I really didn't know he was that big of an actor.

David: It don't be the wrestlin' I mind. I'll wrestle 'em blue in the face, I will, and not turn one single bullet in my musket. It's makin' me honorable that I object ter. Who asked anyone ter make me honorable? I was happy. I was free. I took the booty from people when I wanted it, same as I'll take the booty from ye and th' rest o' my opponents, Tommy. It's a fine thing fer ye, says th' people tha' converse with me. Is it? says I. Ye mean it's a good thing fer ye, says I. Before me days in th' AWO, I simply got left with th' rest 'er th' crowd, a nobody with no fans. Now tha' people knows me name, I get crowded fer autographs and tickets, an' people can' help but ter drop in because they like wrestling. Now I can' even fight without gettin' a cheer fer each punch. Before, I knew only one or two people that were against talkin' ter me. Now thar be fifty an' not one o' them be fans. I have ter fight for others an' not for myself - that's bein' a good guy. Ye fans talk about losin' Paul London. Don't ye be anxious - he's got himself a fine job. But now th' AWO has ter give me somethin'. I wan' fans ter give me the title, instead of respect. That's where ye'll come in; an' mighty grateful for it, I will be. So, do ye think that this pirate desarves the Red Sash er Courage?

And the fans all began to cheer loudly, since this is the first monologue that pretty much broke the fourth wall. Well, that, and he's participated in two scenes. Oddly enough, the referee looks around, nods, and then grabs a microphone.

Ref: Well, after looking at all the results, the winner of the title, by seventeen decibels, is DAVID MICHAELS!

And the fans keep cheering. David gets the belt, doubles it over, and raises it high above his head. He walks around, and then slings it over his shoulder. He slides out of the ring, pulls out a Jolly Roger, and begins to swing it. The other three just shake their heads as the show ends.

Match Quality: 61% (It was people doing monologues. What were you expecting?)

Crowd Reaction: 45% (Hey, some of it was pretty good acting.)

Overall: 53%

Overall Show: 52

Attendance: 107

Ticket Sales: $2140

-----------------

OOC: As an apology for the insanely long show, firstly, feel free to bash me. Secondly, just to prevent the insanely long cards from happening unless they're completely necessary...PREDICTION/POP QUIZ CONTEST! Each question is one point, and all or nothing.

What movies did the first two monologues come from?

What plays did the second two monologues come from?

Who might the Peace Man be? (Hint - His real initials are MS, and his current gimmick couldn't be any more different.)

Who is Drew going to impersonate next month?

What the hell am I going to screw up next time?

Winner gets to have me do whatever they want me to do with the AWO.

Edited by Nick Adams

OOC: Well, to bide my time, I think that I'll just write something. I realize that this might be rather strange to you, at least in regards to the AWO. Well, to be quite honest, this is a departure from what I normally do with the AWO. But I've been writing the same AWO (a few changes here and there, but in general the same idea) since DiarySlam on .400SS. I think it's time to make this a bit deeper, and if you don't like it...well, I don't have that many readers now. I just feel like a bit of creativity might work.

Plus, the subtitle is "Money can buy a headache."

---------------------------------

It had worked...somehow, by some dumb streak of luck, it had worked. He picked the one kid he knew would start up a wrestling company if he had the money. He found out the exact day that he had bought a Lottery ticket. He found out the exact numbers on that ticket. And finally, to top it all off, he had rigged the Lotto to draw that exact number. And it had worked. Somehow, it was very satisfying, seeing the kid try to work out a wrestling company. He had almost gotten there, too, by hiring Paul London.

But it was far too soon for the Aurora Wrestling Organization to become successful. Not yet. With the interest in wrestling waning quite heavily, the AWO had to build slowly, or they would easily lose their fanbase. But the owner of the company, he realized, wouldn't quite see that. He was just trying to hold things together, and put on a useful show. So far, he was doing all right, but it wasn't the best of ideas.

Of course, the kid was just having fun. What else are you going to do when the company is your hobby as opposed to your real employment. The guy was still going to college, for whatever reason - and he was still staying in the dorms, too. He could have bought a mansion, run the company from behind the scenes - but no, he was being frugal.

Maybe that was why he liked the kid. He wasn't smug about running the company - he just tried to run the company. To be fair, though, he really didn't know the business. He was allowing some of the most idiotic ideas to go into the ring, and when he did have a good idea, he didn't bring it to its full potential. It was annoying. He had given this kid the chance of a lifetime, and he was totally and utterly wasting it.

The weird thing was that he hadn't found out about the kid through the normal avenues. He hadn't even technically met the kid. But he still knew all about him. He had seen him act, he had seen him sing, and he had seen him do martial arts. Better, he had seen him go to wrestling events. The guy wasn't extremely passionate, but interested enough to try anything.

Still, seeing as things were going horribly wrong for the kid, he was going to have to have a small intervention...

Obviously, I was doing something wrong with my company. For crying out loud, they were acting for the main event, and the big debut still hadn't happened. And of course, the bands. The only thing I could think of at this point was that, after all of it, I had still decided to have another show. Maybe something could make the AWO a serious contendor. I didn't know what, but maybe, just maybe, we could become a company that was taken as more than just a screw-up that kept returning each month to put on a show.

Ah, who was I kidding? The AWO was destined to be something that just continually...didn't perform like a regular wrestling company. Instead, we were going back to the true roots of wrestling - that of a circus side-show. Complete with costumed performers, long speeches...kind of like that song: "Something appealing, something appalling..." Just everything and anything, except tragedy. Well, I had already categorized our wrestlers in the circus categories.

We are unique, in that we have three ringmasters - Ben, Rich, and our ever-amazing and somewhat smug Drake "Delta" Strata. Up on the flying trapeze, "Los Primos", albeit they perform mostly without one another. In the animal displays, Tommy Chill. The vocalist - Christopher Idol. The strong man - erm...well, Shaun needs something. The high wire act - Drew Porter. The side show material - the Upper Crust, the Ultimate Marks, Bucky, Matt Inferno as the fire breather, Michael Style, and The Bob as the announcer for all of it. The technical crew - all the off-screen staff. And of course, for the clowns, David Michaels, Amanda Shae, and, of course, myself.

Talk about a motley crew...hmm...Motley Cr...

As a walked down the street, I failed to notice a car coming up beside me. And out of the car, two people hopped out and took me in. Obviously, they weren't piano salesmen...

"Do you want to buy some furniture?" he asked calmly, sitting across the way in the regular limosuine from the kid.

The kid looked at him, very confused, and replied, "You grabbed me off the street to offer me a deal on furniture?"

The man across the way shrugged and said, "Well, I figured it would help lighten the mood. Generally, people tend to panic when they're randomly picked up off the sidewalk."

"This is Colorado," the kid replied in a matter-of-fact tone. "What the hell would somebody do to a guy in Colorado, especially a guy like me?"

The man leaned back and smiled. The kid was self-confident at least. But eventually that confidence would become arrogance, if the kid let it. In the wrestling business, even as an owner, arrogance did not always pay off. Then again, he had just kidnapped the kid. It wasn't like he was going to be that humble - at least the kid wasn't screaming bloody murder.

"Well, seeing as you have had a windfall of money in the recent past, Mister V_____, quite a few people, I think," the man said. "Of course, seeing as you don't really advertise you wealth, I wouldn't be surprised if few people really know about it."

"Then how do you know?"

"Well, the fact is that I rigged the Lottery for you to win it," the man replied with a smile.

"Sorry to say, but that just shot your credibility with me down to nothing," the guy known on stage as Nick Adams replied. "Now, if you would take me back to where I was..."

The man shook his head and said, "No. The fact is that I did not find out your ticket number, bribe the people running the Lotto, and then weight the balls, just to let you walk away."

At this, the kid finally listened. In fact, it was almost a double-take. He was looking out the window before he mentioned the process, but immediately paid attention to him afterwards. In fact, he was more than willing to listen.

"Fine...wait, slip through your fingers?"

The man brushed off the question as if it were dandruff. "What do you want to do with your life, Mister V_____?"

"Well...eventually graduate, get married, have kids, teach school...you know, the American Dream."

"No, Nick, the American Dream is to get rich, get laid, and live comfortably for the rest of your life," the man replied. "You been laid yet?"

The kid responded rather angrily. "All right, you may have rigged the Lotto, but it doesn't mean you have the right to ask me whatever you want. Now, why did you really grab me off the street.

The kid has a bit of an edge to him, the man thought to himself. This should be an interesting partnership.

"Well, you see, I was wondering how you would handle the sudden cash flow," the man retorted. "So far, you've made some serious mistakes - hiring your friends and acquaintances, not bringing in some serious talent until you're on the radar. Sorry to say, but you really need to change the way you run your business."

"Threats don't work with me," 'Adams' answered. "I don't really have much to lose. And if I lose that company, well...one less annoyance off my mind."

"You really opened the AWO with no idea what you're doing, didn't you?"

"Well, Real Networks is now sponsoring us because I promised them ten songs from the AWO House Band halfway through the sponsorship deal - so, yeah, that's pretty much it."

"I thought so," the man said. "Well, we're here."

The car had stopped. The door opened on the man's side, and he stepped out. A door opened for Nick as well. He paused. The man came to his door.

"Aren't you coming? I am offering you some aid with your circus, after all..."

Nick paused, shrugged, and got out. After all, how much worse could the Aurora Wrestling Organization get?

Edited by Nick Adams

I had to admit, the office was pretty damn nice. Not exactly the Trump Tower, but it was Denver, not New York City. It wasn't even Detroit. Still, it was impressive for what it was. I was still wondering who the hell this guy was. I mean, he had the demeanor that Alex Worthington had most of the time, but unlike Worthington, the guy actually had money, as opposed to just having the appearance of money.

There was one thing that really bothered me, though. Why furniture? He could have said one of a million things. Maybe an introduction. An offer for a drink. An apology. But instead he offers me furniture. Unless he was really joking, he probably was no furniture salesman. He had no clue how to coordinate any of it. Well, if the reception area was any indication at least.

There were other things going through my head at that point, as well. For example, should I start signing people to written contracts? And should I do what Ahern had been trying, and get a TV show for us, considering I could afford it? And what in the world is this guy doing with a rubber duck in his lobby? And should I buy a small trailer to hold the ring gear and chairs for our shows?

Wait, a duck? I looked out of the corner of my eye, pretending to look at what magazines were available, and "accidentally" knocked the duck off the table with a magazine that interested me. The duck subsequentially fell behind the end table. Either way, (magazine name omitted, obviously for copyright reasons) wasn't that bad of a read.

Either way, I celebrated a little bit in my mind, though I doubted that the duck was the only hidden camera. Not that I was going to do much. I figured that the entire idea was to get me to get impatient, finally break, and demand to see him. I decided that that was going to have to wait. Well...I thought it could wait...I decided to make small talk with the receptionist.

Me: So, what's your name?

Receptionist: Miranda Sophist Tyrell. You can call me Sophie, though, everyone else does.

Me: Tyrell? As in Blade Runner?

Sophie: You're the first person that I've met that actually mentioned that connection.

Me: Really? You'd think that pop culture would be a bit more up-to-date on old science fiction films.

Sophie: Well, generally, they mention my nickname...

Me: Yeah...why have one, actually? Miranda sounds fine to me...

Sophie: Well, when was the last time you heard a type of philosopher for a middle name?

Me: You have a point there...still, you said people made another correlation...

Sophie: This dumb computer game...it's my nickname that gets the remark...

Me: Ah. Well, do you mind if I call you Miranda instead?

Sophie: If you want.

And right then, the door opened.

The kid was already getting sweet on his receptionist. Well, that was a plus, to say the least. At least he would like the fact that he was going to make the kid employ her. He wasn't quite sure what would happen after that, but she was only eighteen, and he had turned nineteen the previous July. Not that much of an age difference, so they could at least relate to one another. Even better.

"Well, kid, you comin' in or not?" the man said to Nick.

'Adams' looked at Sophie with a kind of regret, said, "See you later, Miranda," and then walked in through the door that he had offered.

Miranda? Is that her first name? was the first thing that came to his mind.

Of course, that actually threw him for a loop. The kid didn't care about business, or why he was in the office. He was macking on some chick. Well, that obviously answered the question of whether he had been laid...well, maybe. He could just be very smooth - or polite. But that was Sophie's - Miranda's - whatever. It was his and her business. The man was just involved in financing things.

Either way, Nick came in and took a seat, which the businessman found rather interesting. The kid was unassuming, but he was still pretty confident. The kid would have to be, to run a company that, in essence, was going nowhere. Still, that was what the man was here for.

"Well, I was going to ask you to take a seat," the man started, "but you've already done that."

He moved to the desk, pulled out the chair, and sat. He smiled, opened one of the drawers in his desk, pulled out a file, and placed it on his desk. He then leaned over, folded his hands over, and started again.

"I've done my research on you and your group, and the fact is that I've worked doubly hard because I helped rig your Lotto win," the man started. "You're okay, but while you have some interesting matches that might be worthy of opening RAW, you also have things that are worthy of WrestleCrap of the Year. I figured I might as well help you out a bit."

"I gathered that much. But why now?"

The man sighed, looked at 'Adams' and replied, "Harley Race had to fold WLW. He had a good product , and it failed. I personally am tired of seeing company after company fail. And I think that it's time for me to end the trend."

Me: And you're going to use me and my company because you helped influence the Lottery so that I would win?

The Man: You got it.

I still couldn't believe what I was hearing. This guy grabs me off the street, tells me he rigged the Lotto, and now he wants to help run the company. It was kind of a cross between a nightmare and like dying and going to Heaven. After all, it was my company. How could he just come in and assume he had any say in what went on in it?

And yet there was a kind of allure to it. After all, I was getting annoyed with how the company was going. He wanted to help change that situation. But giving him that much control...well, that was where things got a bit dicey. I wasn't quite sure I could trust him.

Me: One thing that I think might be a problem. I don't know your name.

The Man: Ah, right. Knew I was forgetting something. The name is Landred. Jacob Landred.

Me: Well, with that, what exactly are you going to do to help me?

JL: Well, there are a few workers that I signed for you. I'll also give you advice on the company.

Me: But...who?

JL: Take this folder. It's got all the information you need. And with that, I think that this is going to be an...interesting partnership.

He handed me the folder.

Me: One last thing - I take your wrestlers, I get the services of your receptionist.

JL: Sweet on her, huh?

Me: It isn't that, it's more that Victor isn't that good at the job...

JL: All right. I expect to see the two people I hired for you in the next show.

Nick simply nodded and walked out. Jacob merely smiled as the door closed. With Alicia Webb and Doc Dean added to the roster, maybe the small influence would help. If nothing else, Sophie - Miranda, whatever - should be able to help the guy.

I hope...

Edited by Nick Adams

• 2 months later...

(OOC: After a long hiatus - and a side trip to a WWE diary, which I may or may not continue, depending upong inspiration - it's back. And it's still just me trying my best. But here you are anyway...)

February, Part 3

Well, so far, I had had a very surreal situation. I now had a new secretary, and two people, apparently hired as a wrestler and his manager, new on the roster. For once, I acutally bothered to book a card before the show, so there is the slight problem of the advertising...then again, the booking was once again okay, but the show name...well, here's the text of what Ace and Ahern managed to put up. Not exactly the best of things...

The AWO presents

LIVE from the impromptu stage at Six Flags: Elitch Gardens

Three-way Tag Match:

The Ultimate Marks vs. The Upper Crust vs ???

Matt Inferno vs ???

Drew Porter vs Nick Adams

Red Sash of Courage Match:

Drake "Delta" Strata vs. David Michaels

PLUS - The Peace Man is revealed!

Please Come See the Show

To explain the venue, Jacob managed to score it before Ahern made the posters. I don't know how, but he got us a spot, in a closed amusement park, no less. That's what I call...creepy. Either way, we decided to name the show...

Eye Liyeek Rollayercoasteers!

Okay, so Mal and Bulldust decided on the name, and then very rudely refused to actually perform. Instead, they both had the one park attendant run all the rides for them - even though the park wasn't even technically supposed to be open. Eh, whatever. With the stage already present in the Elitch's storage, we just had to set up the AWOSheet - Mini-Version, the ring, the barriers, and the chairs. Did I say "just"? Lemme revise that. We had to do all that. Either way, I finally had some people that I could consider serious, and I had a planned card. I also had a match. Either way, there was some semblance of professionalism.

I don't know how, but Landred managed to do all of this. Either way, let's see if this manages to somehow make us a better company...ah, whatever...

Cheap catchphrases and even cheaper pops

The Bob comes down to the ring, playing to the crowd. The fans are actually into it, and why shouldn't they be? He's kind of interesting, even if he isn't the most over man on the roster - or the most skilled. Either way, the fans are cheering a bit. He's his usual cool self, albeit it's a bit of a cocky thing. Either way, he steps into the ring to a few cheers.

The Bob: Heeeey! Anybody out there that came to see the AWO, let me hear you make a cheer!

Easy pop from the fans, obviously.

The Bob: Heeeey! Anybody that came out here to see some hard-hitting action, let me hear you cheer!

Another cheap pop.

The Bob: Heeeey! Anybody that came out here to boo El Bulldust at the top of your lungs for sucking so much...

The fans wait.

The Bob: Well, sorry, but at that one point, The Bob is sorry to say that you will not be able to do so. You see, we here at the AWO were a bit tired of his musical stylings - and he was a bit humiliated from the loss he took at the hands of Jason Rumble last month *chuckles* - so instead, I've got control of El Bullring! That's right, the one, the only, The Bob, is hosting this little show, for one afternoon only. So, while the Bull's away, we don't have to have any rodeo clowns.

The Bob smiles, and the fans chuckle a bit at his little joke. He looks around, and continues.

The Bob: Now, without further ado, I've decided to interview somebody not in a match tonight. The fact is that with people in matches, you can never really be sure whether they just want to talk, or if they're ready to hit you upside the head. And while The Bob definitely fights, The Bob does not fight outside of a match. So, ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you...BUCKY!

The fans begin to cheer as Bucky comes out to the ring, looking like he's having the time of his life. He high-fives some of the fans at ringside, and then removes his shirt to display a black t-shirt with the AWO logo on it. The fans all cheer, and Bucky slides into the ring. He grabs a microphone.

Bucky: Hello! For those of you that don't know me, and those of you that just need a little reminder, my name is BUCKY! Now, while I do not have a match for tonight, I figured that, seeing as I haven't been in the AWO ring since November, I think I'm a bit overdue for an apperance. Either way, it's great to be here, seeing all the fans. being a part of the AWO again. And the fact is that I feel like having a little bit of fun!

The fans all cheer, and Bucky smiles.

Bucky: Now, Bobby, while I know this is your show, I think I would like to have a bit of audience participation for the show.

The Bob: Audience participation? Hey, The Bob does audience participation. In fact, The Bob thinks that audience participation is, please excuse the phrase,

cool. So, what did you have on your mind?

Bucky: Just a second...hey, Ben, if you could please bring up that bag I placed behind the announcer's desk earlier today...

He motions towards Ben, who gets up, bag in hand, and enters the ring. He steps in and hands Bucky the bag. Bucky smiles, and Ben exits the ring again. Bucky then proceeds.

Bucky: Now, in this bag are not one, not two, but FIVE of these new Aurora Wrestling Organization tee-shirts, such as one that I am wearing now. Now, anybody that wants one, raise your hand up high!

Immediately, roughly a quarter of the crowd lifts their hands up, Bucky starts pointing out crowd members, and Security (another one of the little perquisites to being Landred's "business partner" now) helps out people that Bucky begins pointing out. In all, ten of them are called up. They all look expectant.

Bob: Now, it's good to see such fan interest on our new merchandise. The Bob would also like to note that only one person is walking out with the bag, but the winner can feel free to share the shirts with whoever he or she likes.

Bucky: Now, firstly, I'd like to see you all do your best impression of an AWO wrestler, one at a time. If you need to, feel free to use the microphone.

They all went individually, the most notable being an impersonation of Jason Rumble, two of El Bulldust, one of David Michaels, and two of Nick Adams (both of which involved faking a self-inflicted injury). Bucky eliminated the other four, and the continued.

Bucky: Now, I'd like to see your best poses. Go ahead.

And four more are eliminated. It's down to two people.

Bucky: Now, I want you both to cut a promo on whoever in the AWO you want. It can be anybody, really. Me, Bob, Matt Inferno, Shaun Draw, Mal Pasillas - hell, you can do a little rant on Ben over there, if you want. So, come on, let's see what you can do.

The first contestant, wearing long hair, black jeans, and a black shirt with a white "Peace" logo on the front, begins.

Peace symbol dude: Well, then, Bucky, I'll start with you. The fact is that you really don't get what wrestling has done to the youth of today. It has led to some of the most vile injuries in the world. It has led to inimaginable violence. Kids re-creating hardcore matches, cage matches, ladder matches - it sickens me. This company even advocates that at some level, because the company of which you are a founding member started with just money and crappy equipment. Decent matches, or even safety, were not your concerns. And now, you continue to foist it upon us. The fact is that the way of peace is what you should be advocating. It is far better than anything else that people advocate in this company, and...

Bucky stops him.

Bucky: Whoa, dude, that sounds really familiar for some reason. I dunno, since I've been backstage for the past few shows, but aren't you an AWO employee or something?

Bob: Yeah. The Bob seems to recall a similar speech made in a video on the AWOSheet for the past few months.

The man pauses for a second, then replied.

Peace symbol man: Indeed I am. Feel free to disqualify me and give this young lady the shirts which she wanted. I hope she realizes that my non-confrontational attitude is the true way to act.

Bucky shrugs, and gives the girl the bag. He then turns back to the man.

Bucky: So if you are an AWO employee, who are you?

Peace symbol: I am "The Peace Man" Michael Shane. And while I generally do not advocate violence, as my followers would indicate, I believe that your decision to support violent acts deserves this.

And suddenly, Shane punches Bucky right in the face! Bucky begins to brawl back, and the beating ensues, but eventually, the Peace Man catches a punch, lifts Bucky up, and hits an F5 (which Rich Cruz dubs the Pacifier - great, now we're going to get sued by Vin Diesel and a bunch of baby product companies.) He walks away, leaving the Bob looking shocked, and Bucky begins to rise to his feet...

And just before Shane gets backstage...

Bucky gets his hand on the nearest microphone.

Bucky: Wait right there, Shane! You want to just blindside me? Well, how about at the next show, you give me a fair fight?

Bucky slowly gets to his feet.

Bucky: Wait, you know what - I'm not going to give you a choice. You and I are going to wrestle at the next show, and that is all that matters. OH, SNAP!

He drops the mic and glares at Shane, who just shakes his head and exits backstage. The fans cheer, and Bucky and Bob turn, shake hands, and walk off.

Overall: 59%

Ultimate Marks vs. Upper Crust vs Shaun Draw and Michael Style

Oddly enough, the last team was a bit slapdash, and so while they did walk out to the ring, they were both uneasy. Shaun was pissed that he was being put in something that he was not prepared for, and Style was pissed that he would have to wrestle against people with no respect for him whatsoever. Before the match even started, Shaun and Style began to argue, and finally, Shaun just walked off. Style looked at his nails, then looked at his competitors, shook his head, and walked off. That left the UM and the UC in the ring. But the Upper Crust weren't about to let Style walk out scott free, and went over and grabbed him, tossing him back in to the ring. And for some odd reason, every last person went and hit their respective attacks - DOUBLE M.O.M! DANGER DROP (which was a fisherman's DDT)! AND FINALLY, YOU'RE NOT WORTHY (pretty much the FU) for the pin! And while the Upper crust gets the win, Style is really the only loser of this match. The other two teams just nod at each other and walk off, happy that they just beat the living crap out of Style. Erm...okay, now that that's over, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?

Match Quality: 63 (Considering it was all of four damn moves, yeah, not bad at all.)

Crowd Reaction: 33 (Considering it was all of four damn moves...)

Overall: 48 (You know the pattern by now...)

And for our written contract people...

Hey, this is Corey. Nick is a bit preoccupied for now, so I've got the job. Either way, we've got new people coming out. They're named Alicia Webb and Doc Dean. And. with me being the head writer, you can guess what's going to happen - Nick tells me not to do any bad puns, and I had these two do a whole gamut. I was a bit distracted for their entrance, but I heard a lot of cheers - I'm guessing they're probably for Alicia, as opposed to Dean. Either way, after everything was sorted, Alicia began talking.

Alicia: Well, I guess you all are wondering - What's up, Doc?

Cheap cheer from the kids in the audience. Ah, yes, allusions to Bugs Bunny always get the kids cheering. She then turns to Dean, who has grabbed a microphone. He looks around and smiles.

DD: I'll tell you what's up - I'm up! That's right, the next match is me, and I am going to entertain every one of the fans to the best of my abilities.

The fans cheer loudly.

Alicia: That's right, ladies and gentlemen. The Doctor is in the house, and he's diagnosed anybody that gets in his way with a terminal disease! His first target is whoever decides to walk down that ramp. So, to quote Bob Barker - COME ON DOWN!

And she and Doc wait...until Matt Inferno comes out.

Overall: 70% (Way higher than it should have been, but most of the cheers were for Alicia, and we all know why.)

Matt Inferno vs Doc Dean

Of course, this degenerated in to Matt immediately going to just brawl with Doc, but Dean went and smacked the living daylights out of Inferno. That just pissed Inferno off, but Dean immediately went to work, hitting a flying lariat. And another flying lariat lands, and this time Inferno stays down. Elbow drop gets the two-count, and Doc stands. Of course Alicia is cheering him on loudly. Doc stands and poses, and Inferno immediately takes the chance to hit a huge forearm to Doc's back, and then follows up with a running face slam. Quick pinfall, and Doc kicks out. Matt comes in for a clothesline, but Dean hits a beautiful drop kick that almost snaps Inferno's head off! And he looks like he's going to end it - and he hits the Dragon Suplex, which Rich Cruz aptly names the House Call. He holds it for the pin, and the victory! Alicia gets in the ring and begins to celebrate with the Doc, but Inferno stands, comes up behind Dean, and immediately hits the Lighter Side of Fire! The fans all boo as Inferno stands and glares at Alicia, who cowers in fear. Inferno walks off with an insane look on his face, content that he has just destroyed the newest inductee into the AWO ring.

Match Quality: 61% (Too short to be anything really good.)

Crowd: 33% (Debut match, what else can I say?)

------MEANWHILE, DURING THE PREVIOUS INTERVIEW AND MATCH, BACKSTAGE AND NOT BEING SHOWN ON A VIDEO SCREEN------

Me: Corey, how many Doctor puns are you going put on this guy?

Corey: As many as I can muster. I figure we should go with it.

Me: You do realize we're going to have to use him every month, right?

Corey: What do you mean?

Me: Erm...he kinda' demanded a written contract before he would come here...

And then started the demands. So, the result? Chris Idol, Jason Rumble, Drake, Mark, and Michael Shane all got written contracts. Damn good thing Ahern wasn't there to hear that, or else I'd be stuck with him for eternity. And looking through my contracts, I realized that Alicia was being payed per appearance. I'd have to check with Jacob about that one...still, very annoying. Oh, and after I found all that, I remembered something...

Me: By the way, Shaun, you've got another match.

Shaun: What? Why? I was already in a match.

Me: You walked out. You're being paid to wrestle, so you're going to wrestle.

Shaun: But with who?

Me: Me and Drew. And we're up after Drake's interview video plays. See you in the ring.

And I walked off. Ah, the fun of being both a wrestler and an owner.

------NOW BACK TO THE ACTUAL SHOW------

And we've got a pre-taped interview...

With none other than DDS. Yep, that's right, the non-dentist that everyone has gone from calling Drake "Delta" Strata to Drake "The Dentist" Strata for the initials. The fans are still on the fence with him. Personally, so am I. Either way, he begins to speak.

DDS: As you may or may not know, I am going once again up against the champion of this sordid affair known as the WWA. But this time, as opposed to the overly annoying El Bulldust...

At this point, Bulldust ran through the ring, headed towards the Tower of Doom. For his 7th ride on it of the day. Cheap pop, but I ain't paying him for it. And Mal came in afterwards. Well, if they're having fun, I suppose they might as well...back to the Commish.

DDS: Now, the real reason that I put myself in a match against David Michaels is due to some unfinished business. You see, I wish to see if he really can handle being the champion. I want to see if he's the right man for the job. If he is, then congratulations to him. But if he is not, then this grievous error shall be rectified, and his reign shall be forgotten easily. Though there is a more simple reason for why I did this...

He pauses, and of course people who have been watching for a while know exactly what he's going to say.

DDS: Because I can.

Overall: 53% (Well, if anything, the fans at least care.)

Nick Adams vs Drew Porter vs Shaun Draw

Well, after Nick came out with a less-than graceful entrance, this time slipping on the stairs, the other two came out and just started wrestling. Oh, and Porter was just his usual Harley Race impersonation, seeing as he's still looking around for other old-school good guys (and bad guys, as he hasn't been able to distinguish them) to impersonate. Punch from Drew to Shaun, and another one, a boot to the gut, and a snap suplex takes Draw down. Porter goes for another punch, but Draw hits a gigantic clothesline. From out of nowhere, Nick comes up and links up Draw with the reverse head lock, and then hits the Kick of Doom, which I'm going to call the Revolution, due to his new gimmick. And he gets the pinfall. He wasn't kidding about making Draw wrestle, but obviously he doesn't want him in the match that long. Drew immediately comes in and lifts the posing Adams from behind and hits an atomic drop! Well, that'll hurt his knees. And Porter immediately targets Nick's left leg, lifting it up and slamming it to the mat. Painful, I'll admit. Porter immediately gets aggressive, lifts Adams off the mat, and hits his bridging fisherman's suplex for the pin. But Adams kicks out. Drew slaps the mat, lifts Adams up, and hits another fisherman's on the clumsy punk, and gets the victory. And that's the match.

Match Quality: 56% (Very rushed in my opinion, but then again, by the time this match ended we only had about fifteen minutes left due to planning for only an hour and a half worth of matches et all.)

Crowd Reaction: 36% (As I said, rushed, so the fans really didn't have time to get into the match.)

Overall: 46%

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Because that's what opened up the music for our champion. And of course he came out with the Jolly Roger waving, and he's wearing a new red sash that fits more with his pirate garb. In fact, he could wrestle while still wearing it. I guess Nick decided he didn't like using one of his old Tae Kwon Do belts as a title anymore. (Nick: You're damn straight.) Either way, he comes down to the ring to cheers from the fans and steps in. He hands the flag to a ring attendant and grabs a microphone.

David: ARRRRRR!

And the crowd cheered. Riiight...I guess Nick gets it, but I sure don't.

David: So ye be wantin' ter take another shot at me, ye scurvy scallywag? Well, Master Strata, ye'll not be gettin' yer paws on this belt unless ye rip it off o' me. I be th' one displayin' the Sash now, an' I'll be th' one displayin it after th' match.

Cheap cheer from the fans.

David: An' Drake, if ye don't approve, ye'll find that you can't sink me. I be the pirate here, and the buccaneer in me says this, Drake. If ye want ter cross cannons with me, then I'LL BLOW YE OUT O' THE WATER!

And the fans all cheer as Michaels gives the mic back to the ring attendant as Drake walks out and the crowd goes...well, wilder than usual, at least. At that point, Drake comes out. Oh, and it looks like Nick is up to writing up the Main Event.

Overall: 57% (Not bad for a pirate...)

Red Sash of Courage match: David Michaels {C} vs Drake "The Dentist" Strata

Okay, so the fans are cheering. I figured there was something here. Either way, with that, the match begins, and they both pull out something that has yet to be really displayed - THE STAREDOWN OF DOOM!!! ™. The fans are going crazy and Drake and David get in each other's faces, and finally, David leans back comes back in to the Dentist's face, and yells "ARRRR!" Oh, great, he's turning in to Ric Flair...and the chop just proves it. Of course, Ben calls it a "Sword-Edge Chop". Either way, another one hits, and an "ARRRR!" from the crowd. CHOP! "ARRRR!" CHOP! "ARRRR!" And David sends Drake for the ride, and hits a gigantic clothesline. Well, it ain't quality, but the fans are eating it up. Either way, another toss to the ropes, and Michaels goes for the back body drop, but Drake hits a field goal right to his face! David reels, and Drake comes in with a punch, and another, and another.

(Me: Erm, Victor, what are they doing?

Victor: Wrestling.

Me: I know that, but why are they doing that stuff?

Victor: Well, they wanted to improve their skills, so they borrowed some old Hulk Hogan footage from Shaun.

Ma: *Sigh*)

Anyways, so, lots of brawling went on during that conversation. And a body slam from Michaels. And he's signaling for something - oh, thank goodness, he's pointing at the corner. He pretends to wave a flag...wait, the ref is down, and I didn't notice it. Oh, whatever. Either way, Drake is gone when Michaels turns around, and the fans that do see The Dentist note the fact that he's carrying a large stick - a flag pole with a Jolly Roger, in fact. DDS slides into the ring and goes to attack David, but David turns and catches him red-handed. He grabs the flag from Strata - and clocks him over the head with it! The fans all cheer as David tosses the flag pole (which didn't break) out of the ring, and James makes the three-count. But just as David stands a begins to celebrate, another ref - a guy which I figure Jacob hired - came down to the ring, talked with Doan...and reversed the decision! Drake wins by DQ, but David keeps the belt! The fans cheer David as he stares daggers at DDS, who stumbles backwards and runs out of the ring, and then David looks around, yells "ARRRR!" to the fans, and then leaves the ring, ending the show.

Match Quality: 50% (Craptacular...)

Crowd Reaction: 50% (What? That's just insane...)

Overall: 51% (Riiiiight...well, guess they definitely took a lesson from the Hulkster in the charisma department...)

Overall Show: 53%

Attendance: 104

Gate: $2080

-----------

After the show, I got a call from Landred...

"Not a bad effort, but you can do better. Come in to my office, we need to talk."

Damn, was the only thought that entered my head.

I walked into the office that Jacob had bought for the AWO, somewhat worn. I had looked at the finances for the month, and it was the strangest thing - without Landred, I was making cash. With Landred, I was losing cash. Now, I know that I'm not really that much of a businessman, but I know well enough that when I'm losing cash, I need to change something. So when Landred called me up and said to come see him, I was obviously less than enthusiastic about it. He had screwed up my company just so he could have his hand in the damn industry. I got on my computer, checked my e-mail, and immediately opened an e-mail from none other than Harley Race.

TO: Nick (No nicknames this tahm, kid)

Well, kid, ah guess yuh heard th' bad news. Dubya El Dubya jes' went dahn th' drain a bit ago. Nahse t' see tha' yuh still have somethin' t' work offa'. Th' Eh Dubya Oh jes' has tuh survahve somehow. Othuhwahse, it means tha' awl mah business decisjuhns wuh wrong. So yuh bettah get up theah, if'n onlah fer me.

Sorrah ah don' have any moah foah yuh. Th' news stopped comin' in aftuh ah shut down mah companah. Hope yuh doin' okay...ah sure ain't.

Well, at least I heard from him. I logged off, still ticked at Landred for thinking that he could help me. In fact, I decided not to call him. Instead, I left the office (saying good-bye to Miranda first, of course, and hearing her mention something about how Tommy Chill wanted to talk with me), went to my car, and drove back up to college. I needed to clear my head.

----------------------

Where the hell is that kid?

Landred shook his head and began pacing. It was annoying, having to keep the kid under reigns. It was like managing a toddler, really. Personally, he thought the show went well, but the kid was putting himself over far too often. Doc Dean wasn't being used properly, either. It was just annoying to see the kid take something and screw up so badly. Maybe it was just an off month or something. Whatever else, it wasn't really that professional. Of course, Landred had some bigger issues to deal with than keeping Nick in check.

In fact, he was going to have to face one right then, as the phone rang. He picked it up quickly, not even pausing to check the caller ID.

"Nick, where the hell are you?"

"Sorry, Landred, but this ain't Nick," answered a voice that caused Jacob's heart rate to jump in shock. "Now, you and I had a deal, Landred. You take that company that the kid has and keep it simple. In fact, make it more family-friendly. We don't want people catching on to us."

"Look, I'm not so sure that a wrestling company is the place to be setting this kind of thing up, especially since they're still outdoors, and..."

"Landred, I don't care. Move them inside, then. Just do whatever it takes to get this started, or it's your ass."

Landred paused for a second. What the hell am I doing? But before he could keep his thought process going, he replied, "Fine, then."

The other end of the line went dead, and Jacob hung up.

I should never have told him about the AWO.

----------------------

I was just bored as I drove along. All things considered, the AWO was becoming more and more just a bad idea that I should never have wasted my lotto money on. In fact, I really was considering closing the company, just driving along. It was one less headache to worry about, if I decided to do it. Of course, my cell phone went off, interrupting my thought process.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Mister __________," came Landred's voice. "You haven't come in to my office. Where are you?"

"I'm headed back to the dorms. When you actually figure out a way to improve my company, maybe we'll talk."

Jacob paused for a second, thinking that maybe I'd hung up. In fact...

"Jacob, are you there?"

"Thought you would hang up after that, kid."

"I was expecting a smart-ass reply."

"Ah. Well, kid, there's something I have to tell you that I have to tell you in person," Jacob said, very tentatively.

"After the next show, Landred. I just want to clear my mind for this month," I said.

"All right, then. But it's important," Landred said. "But I did get you a venue. for the next show. It's the Colorado Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A."

"Thanks. I'll be sure to note that. Later, Jake."

And with that I hung up.

-----------------------

"Great...just great..."

Jacob slumped back, then activated the intercom...

"Hey, Sophie, could you get me the financial reports for the rest of the wrestling world?"

"Right away, boss," came his secretary's reply.

Ten minutes later, she came carrying a folder, and dropped it on the desk.

"And I'm not Sophie!" she yelled, turned around and walked out.

Thanks, Not-Sophie was all he could think to himself as he opened up the files. He then read them. CHIKARA and NWA: East are dead? What the hell is going on with the wrestling world? At this rate, Ring of Glory is going to be the only non-televised indy that's still alive. Wait...that gives me an idea...

He immediately started writing up a plan for the AWO. It was going to be interesting, it was going to be new...and it was going to work with the roster that the AWO had. Of course, the new direction was also going to happen after the show at the Convention Center.

-----------------------

A week later, I finally decided upon the card for the show.

The AWO Presents:

We Love Orange Soda

LIVE at Exhibition Hall A at the Colorado Convention Center

Saturday March 26th. 6:00 PM

Current match list:

- Nick Adams vs Shaun Draw

- 3-Man tag match: Ultimate Marks and Doc Dean vs. Upper Crust and Tommy Chill

Michael Shane vs Bucky

Shane came out and assaulted Bucky at Eye Liyeek Rollayercoasteers! Now Bucky wants a chance to take down the self-proclaimed "Peace Man".

Grudge Match for the Red Sash of Courage: David Michaels {C} vs Drake "The Dentist" Strata

Need we say more? This match is going to be no DQ, now weapons, and all other wrestlers are barred from ringside. Pure competition for the title, and the winner has to beat his opponent cleanly. Only one will walk away being able to say they're the best man in the AWO.

Don't miss it!

Not bad, if I do say so myself. And hopefully it will draw a crowd. If not, I am so screwed it's not even funny.

Nick,

Good to have the AWO back. I didn't realize I'd missed it as much as I did.

Well the AWO sure took an unexpected turn, how very... unrollercoastery of it! I'm intrigued to see what you have planned. It adds a layer of... mystery/danger that has been absent from all previous AWO incarnations.

Michael Shane as the Peace Man? That just might work, I do hope you have his matches set up in a peaceful manner.

I have to be honest, I'd forgotten some of the characters, like Landred but I have missed it. And Harlah. Funny that Harlah doesn't even spell his own name right. :D Well, it made me laugh. Jerry has great admiration for Harley. Oh, one other thing, I think the changing recappers mid-show is a bit weak. Either have Nick be sitting out the show OR let Cory or someone else do it. I'd prefer you to go with Cory and have your commentary on what you intended be sprinkled throughout.

Still the Orange Soda or Screwed show better have El Bulldust!

"Yesh?"

Abosolutely Yesh!

(OOC: As usual, feedback is always appreciated. I'm trying my best, albeit it might not be as good as it used to be. Oh, how I long for the days when the AWO was actually something original.

IPB Image

We Love Orange Soda

Live from the Colorado Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A

Now, I know what you're thinking - orange soda? You're naming a show that's roughly a week before WrestleMania 22 after a fountain drink? Well, I asked Ahern and Ace the exact same thing. Apparently, they got bored and decided to just give the job to my secretary. Now, she doesn't normally watch television, but because she had to have the flyers made, and had no clue what to name the show, she started watching TV. And what does she watch? Keenan and Kel reruns. And the repeated line in that entire thing? "Who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda. I do, I do, I do, I do." So there's your name - man, if we ever get big enough, I'm sending out tapes to Nickelodeon. With me imitating Cousin Skeeter and the shows being named after catchphrases, we could make this a wrestling show for a younger audience...but still, the name was a bit off.

Then again, Miranda did about as well as Ace and Ahern, I guess - which scares me, to say the least. It's enough to wonder where the heck Jacob got her. I'll admit she's attractive, and probably intelligent, but she has less of a clue about wrestling than Bulldust has about Ludwig van Beethoven. Either way, on to the show, which is now indoors, with an audience that is fairly spaced, and a ceiling that's high enough for a ladder match (albeit we're not doing one). It's a nice place, so there you are.

-------START SHOW-------

Obviously no pyro here, but LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION! And we are live. And the AWO House Band (we're now calling ourselves "Borealis") has a new single, and we just decided to call it "Orange Soda". So we have eight more months on our sponsorship deal with Real Networks, and that means we have as many songs to record. But anyways, the lyrics for "Orange Soda".

We all need to get our fix

Of whatever we think we need

Caffeine, love, or politics

It's the one thing that we feed

For me it's something really nice

It's the one thing that I want

Serve it warm or on ice

As long as it's what you've got

I LOVE! I LOVE!

I love orange soda!

WE LOVE! WE LOVE!

We love orange soda!

WE LOVE ORANGE SODA!

Well, okay, so that's only the first verse, but we opened the show after that, with Ben and Rich welcoming us to the show. And as they're announcing...

Some orchestral music begins to play...

And slowly it gains volume and speed, and a Jolly Roger is shown on the AWOSheet. And right as the music goes to a climax, David Michaels walks out to the cheers of the fans, wearing the Red Sash of Courage (which is more like a part of his outfit than it is an actual title) and playing to the crowd. He then stepped into the ring and grabbed a mic.

David: ARRRRR!

The fans all cheered loudly. Of course, David decided to keep it up. I swear, if we do go to Nickelodeon, I am definitely having David push this gimmick to the moon. Either way, he kept going.

David: Now, as ye all knows, I be once again goin' up against th' Commissioner o' th' AWO...an' methinks I smell a rat. Ye see, we have yet ter actually have a brawl where thar be a clear winner. This evenin', I be rather wary o' another duel. But I be the champion, and DDS be simply a scurvy dog that is in need o' some kickin'. So...

And Drake's music hit at that point. Strata walks out and shakes his head, looking at Michaels in disgust.

DDS: Well, if it isn't the most pathetic man on the roster, with the possible exception of Nick Adams.

And some cheap boos. Yeah, great, insult the boss, that's the way to do it. He's only saying it because he knows I won't do anything. At this point, Drake has entered the ring.

DDS: And yes, David, I did create yet another match between us, for the sheer fun of proving that you will never be able to defeat me with a simple victory.

David: Oh, and ye think that ye kin defeat th' likes o' me in a gentlemanly manner? As I recall, th' only time yeh've defeated me is when I was disquallified. Yeh're jes' as sad, if not moreso.

DDS: Well, David, it doesn't really matter. You don't deserve to have that belt, and so I'm going to take it from you, and prove to everyone that...

David: AVAST, MATEY! YEH'LL DO NO SUCH THING!

The fans cheer as Drake just stops, dumbfounded that David would dare interrupt him, and just dumbstruck because Michaels is right in his face.

David: If'n ye be thinkin' that yeh've got th' ability ter take me down, yeh'll be rather surprised when I BLOW YE OUT O' TH' WATER! ARRRR!

With that, David drops the mic and walks backstage. Cheers from the crowd, and DDS walks off, totally disgusted.

Overall: 56%

EEEEND NOOOOOOOOOOOWE

EEEEET'S EEEEEEELLLLL BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIINGUE! And of course he comes out to a hip-hop beat...oh, dear Lord...he's turned into Eeebeedee, the luchadore rapper.

El Bulldust: Almost mayeek mee loose mye mindeh

Uhp een heeyar, up een heeyar

Almost mayeek mee goah ahll oute

Almost mayeek mee ahct dee foole (Side comment from me: TOO LATE)

Almost mayeek mee loose mye coole

Yeah...and then he let the beat go as he entered the ring. He let the music die down, and then looked around at the fans, who oddly enough were booing simply because he was being annoying. Well, I was, at least. Either way, the "set" for this is three chairs, and that's about it.

Bulldust: HAYLOAH TOOWUH EVAREEBAHDEE! Jou maye deefeeneetelly remayembayre who Aye ahme, end eef jou doo, jou know dat El Bulldust EEZ BEETAYER DEN ALL OF JOU!

Okay, suddenly he's an even bigger bad guy because he's now a Luchadore with a cocky strain in him. But he's still a Luchadore. Anyways...

Bulldust: Nowe, Aye heeard frome ehnothayeer hombre que otra persona estuvo aqui y fue el anfitrión del BOOOOLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIINGUE! Nowe, dat jeest doan' seet weele weethe mee. Soah, seeince El Bob deede nahte mayeeke El Boolreeingue whate eet shoulde bee, El Bulldust's gayeestes foar toniyeet ayeer Bucky end "El Hombre de Paz" Michael Shane!

Bucky's music plays, and he comes out to some cheers. He steps into the ring, and shares a look with El Bulldust. Of course, he takes his sweet time, until suddenly...

WAR, HUH, GOOD GAWD Y'ALL, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

And the fans immediately boo more loudly for Shane than they cheered for Bucky. He's coming out in a seriosly bad rip-off of Neo from The Matrix combined with characters from the musical Hair - black leather jacket, black pants, and a tie-dye tee shirt with the peace symbol on it. Well, I gotta' admit, it ain't a half bad ensemble, if a bit incongruous. Kinda' an Undertaker meets Dude Love feel, almost. Anyway, he steps into the ring and gets a microphone (where Ahern and Ace managed to scrounge up three microphones and two announcers' headsets, I'll never know, and I don't really care, either). Either way, he then goes and grabs a chair.

Bucky: Firstly, for those of you that don't know me, and those of you that need a reminder, my name is Bucky!

Cheap pop ensues, of course. And Bucky then turns back to face Shane.

Bucky: Well, folks this definitely seems familiar...a guy that's hosting a segment, me as one of the guests, and a loser as the third wrestler in the ring. OH, SNAP!

Shane: If your intent is to provoke me, it will not succeed. As I have said before, my way is the way of peace. I am here to compete, but I am also here to show you that violence is not the true way. All the fans out here are fools to follow this company...

Cheap boos ensue during the rest of Shane's speech.

Shane: For they do not understand what it represents.

Bucky: Let me get this straight...you joined a wrestling company, but you don't like fighting? Why you even here, then? Go join the Peace Corps or something. The AWO is pretty much a fighting company. True, it's all about the competition, but it's still fighting. And if you don't understand that, you really got something wrong with you. DISS!

The crowd cheers loudly.

Bucky: Personally, Mike, I think that you're just hiding behind virtue, when in reality, you're just looking to get your kicks off of some legal violence, figuratively and literally.

Shane: Oh yeah? Well, I think that you're just a sad little man that wants to try his hand at wrestling, but all he has are some cheap one-liners and a few snarky comments. So I guess that makes us even.

At that point, El Bulldust interrupts.

Bulldust: Soah, Aye tayeek eet dat jou twoe doan' liyeek eechothayeer tooe muche.

And both of them just pause and look at Bulldust with similar looks that pretty much say "WTF?" without ever saying a word.

Bulldust: Whate?

Michael and Bucky both turn back to each other.

Bucky and Shane: (Unison) See you in the ring.

They then dropped their mics and walked out, just too annoyed by Bulldust to do anything else. And with that, El Bulldust shrugs and leaves.

Overall: 58% (Would have been higher, but Bulldust totally killed the mood with his completely oblivious comment.)

Nick Adams vs Shaun Draw

Thank God for the fact that we're recording this - along with the rest of the show. Looking at the match again, Shaun was better this time than ever before. Maybe it's because he was pissed at me. Well, whatever. Basic entrances, with Shaun wearing his "I'm Angry" tee-shirt, and my screw-up of the day: slipping on the turnbuckle when I tried to get down. And the bell rang while I was gaining my bearings. Shaun took some serious advantage of this, rushing in and throwing some punches that just came out of nowhere. And he kept going at it. Finally, I decided that enough was enough, and just hit a sweep kick to knock him off his feet. Of course, Shaun stood quickly, and I hit an arm drag. Which didn't work. So I suplexed the guy and went for a pinfall. And a kick out. I'm guessing he's probably not happy about the way he was treated at our last show...might need to talk to him about that. Either way, a quick lock-up afterwards leads to Shaun pulling out a trick he hasn't displayed previously - a Manhattan Drop. And he screwed it up, so he actually kneed me in the balls. Of course, Draw took the advantage and hit The Angry Plant of Anger and Doom and Lots of Other Bad Stuff Too, not once, but twice, and then got the pinfall. And of course, Draw, REALLY playing up his character, just brutalized me after the match. As I said, thank God for the fact that we're actually taping these shows. Either way, he was more intense than he usually is...I'm just glad I told him he'd win this one, because I have a feeling that he would've quit if I made him lose again...

Match Quality: 52% (It was fast, but Shaun was more intense than usual...)

Crowd Reaction: 39% (And the crowd liked seeing me get beaten up. I think I said "I'm okay," after taking the first Angry Plant etc. etc., so that was an easy cheer...)

Overall: 45% (Still your typical AWO match, but with me getting two Implant DDTs...oy)

And now for something slightly different...

And I'm still watching the tape, which isn't half bad so far. Out comes Matt Inferno to "This Fire" by Franz Ferdinand. Well, I say if it works, go with it. The fans boo loudly, remembering what happened to Doc Dean the previous month. And with that, he steps into the ring and looks around.

Inferno: So, judging by the way you've all warmed to me, you probably saw the way that I demolished Doc Dean after he defeated me at our last show.

More boos.

Inferno: Well, I've come out here to say something - YOU ALL CAN SHUT YOUR MOUTHS! I did something that I've been wanting to do for a long time - I took out somebody that offended me, and I took him down with brutal force. And in all honesty, that is what the Burn-i-Nation is about! Taking down anybody that dares to oppose me, anybody that dares offend me, anybody that even thinks about fighting against me. It is the new Scorched Earth Policy - whatever my opponent wants to get, I destroy before he has a chance. AND NOBODY IS GOING TO STEM THE FIRESTORM!

Suddenly...

CAN'T STOP THE BOB

And out comes none other than the man himself, cooler than the Fonz, hotter than the sun, sweeter than Death by Chocolate cake, THE BOB! The fans cheer for him somewhat, but nothing really over-the-top, regardless of his appeal. He steps out to the ring.

The Bob: Correction, Matt. There will be somebody to stop you, and that's The Bob. Now, The Bob has heard your whining and moaning, and The Bob definitely knows that he does not like such complaints. The fact is that the Bob has decided to bring the Burn-i-Nation into anarchy, and next month, The Bob will prove that you will not be able to enforce the S-E-P. HEEEEYYY!

And the fans all cheered for the Bob as he walked off, leaving Matt Inferno speechless. Well, this is happening a lot. Anyway, props to whoever's running the camera...three of them...well, apparently, Ace, Ahern, and, to my surprise, Miranda (who everybody else calls "Sophie", of course...) formed a triangle to take different views of the ring. I was wondering how they managed that. So, good editing.

Overall: 52% (Too short to be any better.)

NOTE: And I'm still watching the footage that the team of three shot.

3-man Tag Match: The Upper Crust and Tommy Chill vs. The Ultimate Marks and Doc Dean

The camera view changes to the entrance being behind the ring, with a red lens, and out walk the UC and Chill. Kinda' an odd pairing here, with two prim and proper guys added to a destructive and uncouth man with the nickname of Polar Bear. And the view changes as they get into the ring to one of the other angles. And back to the ramp without a filer, and the Marks and Doc walk out to some music that sounds a lot like SCSA's music. Either way, the two teams face off, and Alexander Worthington III and Mark Out are the ones to start off the match. Immediately, Alex walks up to Mark and slaps him across the face. Mark turns his head, rubs his cheek, turns back to Alex, and delivers a gigantic right punch! And a flurry of punches immediately follows, which eventually lands AW3 flat on his ass. Cheap SCSA imitation elbow drop, and the fans all let out a quick cheer. A quick whip into his corner, and Jason Rumble comes in. Kudos to Ace and Ahern for setting up the stationary cam, btw. Either way, Rumble and Out beat down on AW3, and use the five-count quite well, getting a double suplex on the Richest Man in the AWO before the ref sends Mark back to his corner. Jason, seeing that AW3 is down for a while, walks over to his corner and...grabs his autograph book. Oh, great...he's asking Tommy and Duke to sign it. And of course this allows Worthington to regroup and hit a neckbreaker that catches Jason totally off-guard. Tag to Duke, and the two men deliver a double spinebuster to the AWO's most ardent fan. And AW3 immediately begs off. A bit of a beat-down on our JR ensues - clothesline, clothesline, NEAR DECAPITATION, and a body slam. How totally unoriginal. Oh, wait...an arm bar, and suddenly I'm interested again. Of course, Doc Dean comes in and breaks it up. Quick drop kick from Dean, and then the Doc goes back to his corner, only to be tagged in five seconds later. Okay, this is getting a bit tedious, so I'm fast-forwarding through the video...Doc flies around, besting Duke until he gets caught in a standing leg lock, tag in by Tommy Chill, Chill dominates, but Doc manages to tag out to Mark, who steps in, dodges a Chill Factor, hits a Moment, broken up by AW3 and the Duke. Pier 6 with everybody getting involved, eventually all being forced out. Rumble motions for the tag while Chill just motions that he's going to Spear...or Factor...whoever gets into the ring alone. And just as Jason steps in, he gets a Factor, and AW3 and the Duke have snuck around, and have pulled the Ultimate Marks off the apron, so the Chill gets the three-count. And the UM and the UC take it backstage while Tommy elicits a loud and almost demonic roar...riiight...well, enough of watching the tape for me, I'll let the me that actually watched the rest of the show take it from here.

Match Quality: 68% (Sadly, this was the best match of the night.)

Crowd Reaction: 37% (And do the fans care? Not a lick.)

Bucky vs "The Peace Man" Michael Shane

Well, I'm back from my little hiatus as a writer, and...Corey didn't write up anything while I was gone. Well, guess I'll have to watch the tape that we've got. Anyway, apparently, Shane wasn't kidding about not having any violence whatsoever. In fact, he's even turned this match into a chess match. Great, a bored...ahem, board game. Well, not really much to say here as far as the match goes, save that Bucky was guessing with everything, and since Bucky had no clue what he was doing, Shane had no idea how to counter anything. Eventually, Shane and Bucky were actually evenly matched. But before either of them managed to get a checkmate, Malachi Pasillas came running through the crowd, comes up behind Bucky, pulls him out of his chair, and begins a brawl. But Bucky doesn't even miss a beat, and the crowd suddenly comes wildly alive. Bucky immediately hammers away at Mal, then sets up his version of the Unprettier, which he calls the One-Liner. He stands and turns back to the table, but only gets a boot to face which the announcers dub the Peace Keeper. Shane then stands and walks over to the ref, talks with him, and then gets the victory due to his opponent's inability to complete the match! And as Bucky stands, Mal ambushes him again, and this time, Michael Shane joins in on the fun! But suddenly, out from the crowd comes a returning Christopher Idol! The fans all cheer as Idol fights off Shane and Mal, and as Bucky comes to, he joins in on a stereo drop kick, sending both Mal and Michael over the top rope! The fans cheer as Bucky and Idol shake hands, and then Idol raises Bucky's hand. Meanwhile, Mal has grabbed a mic, and Shane walks off as Pasillas stands on the ramp.

Match Quality: 59% (The most violent chess match ever witnessed.)

Crowd Reaction: 40% (All in the ending, as they were almost asleep during the main point of the match, well, at least until they saw that Bucky was beating Shane.)

Mal isn't done!

Mal immediately began to speak.

Mal: Well, Bucky, you and your little friend got the better of me, but let me just say that that's going to change. You see, I'm tired of seeing you and every other white boy get the cheers, when people with real talent like myself get booed everywhere I go!

Cheap boo for our evil version of Rey Misterio, sans mask. Ah, of course.

Mal: And it's because every single one of you is prejudiced against people like me. You're prejudiced against Hispanics, Chicanos, Mexicans - every single one of us. You think we're uneducated, idiotic fools! Well, you know what - you're more idiotic than any of us will ever be! You think that just because you can say a few insults that you're better than us? That you're better than me? And you people in the crowd think that you're better than Chicanos, Hispanics, and Mexicans? Well, you can all jump off a cliff.

Cheap boo, again!

Mal: So, Bucky, next month, you and I are going to have a little match. And in that match, the first man to quit will be the loser! That's right, Bucky - you and me, in an I QUIT MATCH! DEAL WITH IT!

And he walked off as Bucky just shrugged, smiled, and then went back to rocking out with Chris Idol for a bit.

Overall: 58% (Well, he's finally decided to imitate Muhammed Hassan...not a bad idea, considering it's not as taboo, but still somewhat controversial.)

THE MAIN EVENT for the Red Sash of Courage - No DQ, no weapons, all other wrestlers barred from ringside: David Michaels {C} vs Drake "The Dentist" Strata

And the crowd gets really built-up. Ladies and gentlemen, the fans are loving this conflict, and this is going to be one hell of a match, at least from our fans' perspective. Either way, these two once again share a STAREDOWN OF DOOM!!! (™ AWO 2006) Finally, Drake extends his hand. David looks down, looks back up, and slaps it in a "low five" fashion, or maybe like Korean grappling. Either way, Strata takes offense, and immediately throws a punch. And let the brawling begin! Back and forth, back and forth, until Drake finally breaks off, pauses - and a thumb to the eye!

(Me: So I'm assuming they watched some old WCW stuff, then?

Victor: How did you know?)

Anyway, with David reeling, a quick chop follows, and the crowd goes, "ARRRR!" Of course, Drake just gets more pissed. CHOP! "ARRRR!" CHOP! "ARRRR!" CHOP! "ARRRR!" And David goes for the ride - clothesline takes the champ down. Quick pin, and a kickout. Drake lifts David, tosses him into the nearest corner, charges in with what looks to be a clothesline until David uses to ropes to raise his feet in to Drake's face. Drake stumbles away, and David runs in, hitting a bulldog - or rather, a SCARVY DOG! Some quick stomps to DDS, and the Dentist is writhing. And a body slam on Drake. Elbow drop for a pin, and Drake kicks out. David lifts Strata to his knees, but Stata, in desperation, hits the low blow! And the ref can't do anything! With David in serious pain in regards to his nether regions, Drake scurries over to the ropes and uses them to get to his feet. Michaels, in the meanwhile, is regrouping, and by the time Drake gets to his senses, David is standing. Strata starts walking backwards away from the ropes, And Michaels comes up behind him. Drake bumps in to him, and The Dentist pauses for a second. He then steps forward, turns around fast, with a swinging fist following soon afterward. But David blocks it! And an arm bar takedown soon follows. And then a sitting arm bar. Looks like David wants to humiliate Drake. Either way, he makes Drake yell out in pain.

(Bulldust: Hey! Why deedeen't jou teele mee dat wee coulde uese dose kyndes ove mooves?

Me: I kinda' assumed you knew.

Bulldust: Wayeele, Aye deedeen't.

Me: Well, now you do.

Bulldust: Oah...erm...oahkaye.)

Anyway, during this, Drake has managed to break the submission...apparently with another groin shot. Yeesh, at this rate, D-Walk...sorry, Michaels...won't be having kids in the forseeable future. Anyways, Drake walks away, holding his arm. David gets to his feet, still in pain, and Drake rushes in. But David manages a hip toss, and holds in with a hammerlock. Since when did he start doing psychology? Either way, quick reverse by Drake, reverse by David, and a DDT into a weird body scissors that really wrenches Drake's injured arm. Finally, Strata has just had enough continuous pain, and taps out! How...anti-climactic, actually, considering he only focused on the Dentist's arm for roughly two minutes...either way, David stands and celebrates, even going so far as to taking off the Red Sash of Courage and swining it above his head. And that's how the show closed.

Match Quality: 52% (Pretty much due to the psychology at the end.)

Crowd Reaction: 50% (It's a title match, you were expecting something else?)

And I'm still going to kill Corey for not reporting on the stuff in between and including my match and the match between Bucky and Michael Shane...

(Corey: You do realize we're taping this event, right?

Me: Oh...well, erm, in that case, I guess I'll just watch the edited tape and add that into the review...

Corey: Yep...

And as I walked off, I swear I heard him say...

Corey: Man, I love being lazy.)

And that's all, folks.

Overall: 52

Attendance: 117 (A full 13 people more than last time...kinda' sad that that the increase in my audience is larger than the audience I had for my first show...)

Gate: $2340

Edited by Nick Adams

(OOC: Before I make this post, apologies to reversefigure4 for the ending. I just couldn't help it. After all, sometimes, coincidences are just weird enough to not be related at all...on the other hand...well, you'll see...)

After the show, I noticed that Jacob was in the crowd, talking to a few people. One of them looked like his new secretary, just by her demeanor and clothing. The others, I didn't know, but I had a feeling that they were his business associates. All of them, save one, were in suits, and the one that wasn't was wearing some golfing attire - and I don't mean Happy Gilmore, I mean the other guys. Somehow, I felt a bit uncomfortable, having him pretty much staging a business meeting after one of my shows. So after I finished helping with the ring ropes, I walked over to the group. One of the suits saw me.

"Hey, kid. Not bad wrestling, considering you were the one taking most of the shots in your match."

I replied with a simple, "Thanks."

And of course, Jacob finally realized that I was there and looked at me. "Oh, hey, Nick, didn't realize you were there. These are some of my other business associates."

The others looked at him in confusion, wondering why he was introducing a wrestler to some of his business partners. .

"Oh, I forgot to mention, Nick Adams is also Nick __________, owner of the AWO," Landred said.

Great...I'm an afterthought to my own business partner.

-------------------

Why didn't I think of some place where the kid wouldn't notice us?

Landred had a million things going on, and the kid really shouldn't know about some of them. He didn't want the kid to turn in to an unwitting part of what he was planning with this. Of course, the more he heard the details, he wasn't sure that he wanted to be a part of the plan, either. It was almost why he had begun to think up directions for the AWO, why he was investing more of his time planning out wrestling angles than what his "business associates" were doing.

Well, I might as well introduce them, seeing as Nick knows they're involved with something I'm doing...

"Well, Nick, I thought that since you were holding a show, I might have some of my other business acquaintances come see another one of my business endeavors."

Let's hope he buys this.

-------------------

One of my business endeavors into which you managed to slither your way, you mean.

Okay, so it wasn't the nicest thought to go through my mind. But it was true. Okay, so he rigged the Lotto. But he hadn't done anything in the time that he was involved to prove that it was worth keeping him around. And now he was dragging some business associates to his shows. Either way, I decided to be as polite as possible. Whatever Jacob was up to, I figured he knew what he was doing. And if he didn't...well, I had some idea, having gotten some feel for the business.

"Well, good to meet you all. Glad to know that Jacob has some other business besides my company, at least," I said, trying to be as personable as I could.

The tallest of the group, a man so big he could probably stare The Undertaker in the eye, reached down and said, "Richard Ulrich. I run a venture capital group."

Another man, almost reminiscent of Al Pacino...or maybe Sean Penn, nodded at me and said, "Steven Phelps. I just do stocks, but it's gotten me some good money."

The third of four stepped forward - he kinda' reminded me of Tom Cruise, but taller, and said, "Paul Davis. I'm in technology - computers, software, that sort of thing."

I turned to the fourth guy, and saw that he wasn't about to introduce himself to me. Of course, Landred stepped in.

-------------------

Jacob realized as his business partners introduced themselves that they were all being rather honest, at least to a point. They were telling him their day jobs. But the last man was never one to introduce himself. He would only address somebody if they spoke to him first, and would only speak with people that others introduced him to personally. And since he had only introduced Nick to the entire group, this man wasn't about to say anything to the kid. So he decided to intervene.

"Nick, this is the man that is the reason that all five of us are business partners," he said.

"Oh? How's that," came the skeptical reply as Nick opened the water bottle in his hand.

"Well, he made us see what we could pool together. As you know, I happen to be more in marketing than anything else - I'm a marketing consultant," Landred stated.

-------------------

Man, this is getting boring...

-------------------

"Anyway, this man had a vision of starting a company that pulled together a large gamut of different products. Computers, refridgerators, what have you..."

Adams looked at Landred and said nonchalantly, "He founded Best Buy?"

Of course, Jacob took it in stride. "No, actually. This man wants to get into all kinds of media. Television, movies, computer games, internet software, magazines, cell phones - if you've ever seen the movie In Good Company, he wants to eventually form a conglomerate like that, but something a bit more loyal to its employees."

Adams shrugged and started drinking some of his water and turned to look at Jacob, obviously just wondering where this was going.

"Well, I guess he could explain it better than I can," Landred said, a bit defeated, and turned to look at the kid. "Nick, this is Mister Caulder."

-------------------

And I swear, at that exact moment, I pretty much did something that I had never expected to do unintentionally.

I did a spit take right into Jacob's face.

-------------------

(OOC: BIG EDIT: Just realized I forgot to mention that Mister Caulder is not the same person as RF4's Jacob Caulder. It's just a coincidence. I'll explain it in my post tomorrow, I just wanted to kinda' leave people with a little WTF? moment.)

Edited by Nick Adams

Well, after that awkward moment, the other four men started to laugh, and Jacob looked pretty damn pissed. Of course, all I could think was, I should've done that on a show... Either way, I was just looking at Landred for a second until he continued.

"As I said, this last man is Mister Adam Caulder," Jacob stated, and immediately, my mind was aussaged.

I turned towards the man and nodded.

"Sorry, sir, I just heard your last name, and..." I started.

Adam, still chuckling a bit, just shook his head and said, "Don't worry about it, kid. I needed a laugh. And I've heard it before. Some guy writes a story with a man named Jacob Caulder as the ultimate villain, and it's one of the most popular stories on one message board. So it's weird to meet somebody with the same last name and not imagine, at least for a second, that the guy on the boards had a real-life basis. Am I right?"

Of course, he had nailed it on the head. The rest of the conversation was a bit interesting. Listening to Adam talk, there was no way that he could possibly be the real-life basis for Jacob Caulder. The Caulder I'd read about was smooth, slimy without being totally repugnant, and in generally very charismatic. Adam Caulder, on the other hand, wasn't smooth at all - he was very plain-spoken, with a way of talking that said he was a recluse, but once he met you, he was very personable. It was just too unlikely that the two were related at all.

Either way, Jacob, still with water on his face, didn't look particularly pleased at the situation. But Caulder pretty much explained that wrestling was going to be the next media that he wanted to participate in. I flat-out refused that offer, saying that since I was the 70% owner in the 70-30 relationship between Landred and myself, I would prefer to keep the AWO independent of a conglomerate. Of course, Caulder looked a bit disappointed, but he was very understanding. The other men congratulated me on a passable show, and then left. Somehow, I had a feeling that Landred was doing something a bit shifty - and the reason that I figured that Caulder couldn't be the same as the Caulder in another world was that it was obvious that he actually had good intentions, regardless of the nature of his other business associates.

Either way, after all the supplies for the show, along with all the performers were gone, save for two chairs that I had brought from home for the announcers' table, We both sat down, and Jacob immediately began to talk.

------------

"Nick, it's good to know you have your priorities straight, but you do realize that I'm the one with the power in this relationship," Landred said to the kid.

"Except for the small matter that if I go down, you're going to be investigated quite thoroughly, and I'd surmise you really don't want that happening."

Great...the kid has me pegged. Well, he could be bluffing, but he's too smart for that. Still...

"Well, Nick, fine, you want to do it that way, we'll do it that way. But seeing as I control thirty percent of this company, I would like to make a few suggestions about the creative direction of the company," Landred stated.

"You already said you're in marketing, Jacob, what could you possibly offer to me in terms of creativity?"

Yeesh, the kid's confrontational today. "Firstly, seeing as the general trend in wrestling is that people are losing interest, we need to think up something truly revolutionary."

"Are you going to just keep stating the obvious for the next twenty minutes for which we still have this place rented out, or are you actually getting to a point?"

"You see, Nick, the thing is, everything's been done...maybe going way back into the past could be revolutionary, in and of itself..."

"I still don't get where this is going."

"Nick, look at the characters you've got in the ring. A rebellious, rabble-rousing pirate is your champion. You've got a rock star, and you're playing a kind of Punk rocker - by the way, I think you should've stuck with blue hair dye. Green really doesn't work for you."

"Get to the point, Jacob."

"Right...you've just introduced a bigoted and hypocritical purveyor of peace, you've got a man speaking out against racism while pissing off the crowd, an annoying foreigner that sings every time he comes out, two guys that have some kind of variation of a doctor in their name, a Stone Cold impersonator, a guy that's crazy about the AWO, two rich and snobbish men that think they're better than everybody else - you're making an interesting company, but it's patterning itself off the WWE."

------------

Now he's going a bit far...

"Patterning ourselves off of the WWE? What the hell are you talking about?"

"It's just the way you're running the company. You've got the storylines and everything, and some of it is interesting, but it's just stagnating. Eventually, you'll just start using the old wrestling cliches. And I really don't want to see that happen."

"The old cliches? What else do I have, Jacob? I can't exactly reinvent good versus evil, you know."

"But you can present it differently...just let me e-mail you the card that I have in mind for the next show sometime tomorrow, and then we can talk."

"Whatever, Jacob. Let's get out of here."

And with that, we packed up what was left, and walked out. But as we were walking to the parking lot...

"By the way, Nick, Doc Dean asked if he could sign a different kind of contract with the AWO, and I agreed."

"How different are we talking here?"

"Erm...well, it's kind of like this. You see, I've got a sister, and he and she just got married a while ago, so..."

"You gave him a contract where I can't fire him, and he gets to do whatever he wants."

"Uh...yeah, pretty much."

"Jacob, you have no idea how much I want to strangle you right now...but I'll let it be. Maybe this could be good for us, in the long run. I'll see you later."

------------

The Next Day

First, I decided to check my e-mail. And of course, Harley Race had sent me something for the end of the month. Either he got a new informant, or...oh.

TO: Nick, AWO Owner

Subject: Check out mah new duds

Well, kid, ah maht notta' bin gud with a rasslin' companah, but apparantlah, a magazahne is jest wut the doc ordured. So Ah'm workin fer a rasslin' news "rag". Eitha' way, ah figgered yuh'd need some info on th' state o' rasslin' today, so ah got awl th' changes fur yuh, cut an' dried.

Retahrins

- Ken Shamrock: The Deadliest Man in the Ring hangs up the boots. Well, lease' he did it with style, fahtin' one las' tahm, one-on-one, against Terry Funk, in Six Sahdes ah Steel.

- Gedo: He dun get outta' th' business.

- Esther Moreno: Mexican, ah guess...nevah herd of her, but ah s'pose she made sum kahnda' impact.

- Hercules Ayala: Ah dunno this guy, eithuh...kahnda sad, but ah guess it's mah own fault.

- Lightning GLOW: Erm...guess he won't be shahnin' so braht any moah...

Bankruptcies

- CHIKARA an' NWA: East have both desahded t' fold. The rasslin' business is turnin' purty sparse aroun' the worl'...and the Harts are considerin' closin' the doors o' Stampede Rasslin', too. Well, lease ah won' be alone...

IWA-PR

- Well, they dun' moved outta' Puerto Rico an' started a national tour at the start ah this month, but they desahded t' jes' stay on the island for a little whahle longuh. But they did make some hirins.

- Mike Sullivan (the guy from "Monsters, Inc."?), Eddie Colon (dun left and desahded t' come back), an' Tygress O'Brien.

- Funaki also ended his time with the companah, citin' that he wanted tuh try his hand at anuthuh companah (prolly also 'cause he doan' speak Spanish too well...)

NJPW: Inoki Dojo

- Well, they kept goin' back an' forth between wantin' ter tour th' country an' jes' stayin in Jersey an' the surroundin' area. Eithuh way, they dun moved some workers.

- Benji Radach (now they've got a dawg on the rostah?), Frank Trigg (boy doan' know how tuh spell "trigguh" raht), Bryan Danielson (good fightuh, frum what ah herd), Tiki Ghosn (an' if I had a nickel foah everah tahm I could say that raht, ah'd need anuthuh nickel to rub 'em togethuh), an' M-Dogg 20 (theah's been moah then one M-Dogg?).

JAPW

- Hahred Joao Marcos Pierini (Japanese, Mexican, and Greek...strange), then jes' as quicklah let go Ariel (o/"Undah dah sea..."o/), an' Gedo ('cause he was retahrin' anyway).

ROH

- Releasins: Dunn (yes, he is), Prince Nana (Prince? Shouldn' that be Princess?), Achmed Labazanov (raht...)

- They then hahred Adam Windor

21st Century Rasslin'

- Desahded t' jes' stay in the Southwest fer now, the national tour wasn't as profitable as they all hoped

- Let go two Japanese talents, Daiju Takase an' Kiyoshi Tamura

CZW

- Hahred Ron Simmons t' continue their war with the 'E. I dunno wha they dun hahred Farooq, but that's theah choice...

NWA: TNA

- Sorrah bou' th' name, but old habits die hard. Eithuh way, Shane Douglas ended his contract with 'em, so theah yuh are.

An that's it. Ah'm jes' glad t' have a job.

And I'm happy for Harley, too...except that now that he works for a wrestling magazine, he can fill me in on everything...and I'm not quite sure I want that...well, either way, that wasn't the only wrestling-related e-mail I received.

I also got the card that Jacob e-mailed me. It took some booking announced from the previous show, pretty much, and not much else. Albeit it did have one match that I wasn't quite expecting. I edited it and sent it off to Miranda for publishing, giving her some leeway in the name. Eventually, the advertisement that came out wound up looking somewhat...confusing. But here's the card, as advertised:

The AWO Presents

Titus Andronicus Sucks!

Live from the Oval at Colorado State University

Sunday, April 30, 2005

4:00-6:00 PM

Tickets: $10

Scheduled matches:

The Ultimate Marks vs the D&D Connection vs El Bulldust and Alexander Worthington III

- In this odd pairing, the Commissioner has decided that since El Bulldust wants to wrestle, and and Duke Danger of Argh is unavailable for the night, what better way than to give him a partner that is experienced with tag team wrestling? And to top it all off, this match will feature none other than the AWO champion, David Michaels, and the return of Drew Porter!

The Bob vs Matt Inferno

- This is a match brought about by the simple fact that Inferno was threatening to destroy anything and everything in his path, and The Bob know that that just isn't cool. So it all comes down to whether it's better to be cool, or to be a citizen of what Matt calls the "Burn-I-Nation".

Christopher Idol vs "The Peace Man" Michael Shane

- Idol came in and stopped Michael Shane from aiding Malachi Pasillas in the destruction of Bucky. Now Shane wants retribution - but will "The Peace Man" stick to his message of peace?

Tommy Chill vs Doc Dean

- At "We Love Orange Soda", Tommy Chill picked up a victory against Doc Dean and the Ultimate Marks, and then proceeded to brutalize Jason Rumble. Dean wants to prove to "The Polar Bear" that a tranquilizer dart is just what the doctor ordered.

MAIN EVENT "I Quit" Match: Malachi Pasillas vs. Bucky

- In a rivalry starting from Mal believing that the only reason people cheer Bucky is that Bucky is white, and therefore attacking the Master of the Diss, comes the culmination. In a match only featured once before in the AWO, one man must admit that he gives up, thus humiliating himself in front of a live audience, before the match ends. But will Bucky win, thus gaining the ultimat diss, or will Mal win, proving that he truly can be better than anybody else on the roster?

DON'T MISS IT!

Five matches...well, it couldn't hurt, I suppose, and he was thoughtful enough not to book me so I could write the report...and here's one more e-mail.

TO: Nick, Owner of the AWO

Subject: Guess who's showing up?

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm coming to see your next show. I really think that going to one every six months or so should be enough of a dose of the AWO for now. The card looks to be good enough, at least as far as the AWO is concerned.

Plus, it gives me an excuse to miss Backlash.

Look for the Ruling soon after the show.

And now I don't need to write a report. Well that's just great...either way, I hope this show works, seeing as we're basing it at a university. I'm just not sure whether many college students are as big on wrestling as I am.

Here's hoping.