Summerslam '04 Fallout

Guest SelfHighFive

Guest SelfHighFive

9/11/04

WWE VELOCITY

Overall: 71.1%

1.) Chavo Guerrero defeated newcomer Simon Starr via Brainbuster around the 4 minute mark. (49.7%)

-A video recapping the events between Kurt Angle & The Big Show plays, from Show Chokeslamming Angle off the ledge, to Show leaving Smackdown, and now his return and quest to take Angle out for good. (83.8%)

2.) Nunzio defeats Scotty 2 Hotty around the 9 minute mark thanks to help from Johnny The Bull, allowing him to hit the Arreverderci to pick up the win. (67.5%)

3.) Ultimo Dragon picked up the victory on Akio around the 7 minute mark, hitting him with the Asai DDT to get the win. (60.0%)

-A pre-recorded interview is up next with Eddie Guerrero, who says that no matter how long Theodore Long tries to keep him away from Kurt Angle, sooner or later it'll all catch up to Kurt. He already has a 7 foot, 500 pound man after him, but Latino Heat will be the first person Angle better watch out for. Odalay! (89.5%)

4.) Charlie Haas defeated Renee Dupree via the Haas of Pain at the 6 minute mark. After the match, Dupree attacked Haas with his flag, but Charlie managed to get out of the ring before any serious damage to himself could be done. (69.0%)

-We now go backstage where Rico & Miss Jackie are standing by with a few words. Rico congratulates Haas on his win, and says everyone's been asking him since Smackdown just why he's gone through such a dramatic change in such a short time. The answer is simple, the mind games weren't working the way he had planned, and no it's time to get very serious. He and Charlie are looking to regain the Tag Team Titles very soon, one way or the other. (82.4%)

5.) In what was considered the weirdest Main Event bokoed in a long time, John Cena & Rico defeated WWE Champion JBL and Jamie Noble after Rico hit Noble with the Kneeling Neckbreaker to get the win. (67.0%)

i hope you have signed AJ Styles..... then he can get the Orton Jesus Push

But people..... what do you all have against Orton? In my opinion he's one of the only up and comers who isn't stale...... *cough*John Cena*cough* ....... give Orton his damn title back! :shifty:

Oh and workers you should look into signing:

CM Punk

Chris Sabin

Super Dragon

Alex Shelley

Good Velocity..... although I'm not sure you'd really have JBL AND Cena both on it..... maybe just one big name a week... but apart from that it's all good.... the news stories are especially good

Edited by deanitude

Guest SelfHighFive

I do have 2 surprises coming very shortly, just have to wait and see who. :D

I'm not gonna look too into signing people away from NWA-TNA, although I have a couple pending right now.

I put them both on Velocity to try and get the ratings up, which failed miserably. TNA's gaining on me fast, even though their shows average in the low 40s every single time while I'm staying in the high 60s/low 70s.

Damn all these poor gimmicks.

Guest SelfHighFive

I do have 2 surprises coming very shortly, just have to wait and see who. :D

I'm not gonna look too into signing people away from NWA-TNA, although I have a couple pending right now.

I put them both on Velocity to try and get the ratings up, which failed miserably. TNA's gaining on me fast, even though their shows average in the low 40s every single time while I'm staying in the high 60s/low 70s.

Damn all these poor gimmicks.

Guest SelfHighFive

9/12/04

WWE SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT

Overall: 69.7%

1.) World Tag Team Champion Tajiri defeated Robert Conway when Conway came off the top rope for a clothesline, and Tajiri caught him with one hell of a kick to the head for the pin. (70.7%)

A video highlight showing Chris Jericho snapping on Matt Hardy from this past week's RAW is shown. Bits and pieces of the Highlight Reel are shown, and then the argument instigated by Jericho, ending up with Matt being tortured in the Walls of Jericho. (83.8%)

2.) Al Snow defeated A-Train via Snowplow after Train missed a bicycle kick, crotching himself on the top rope. (60.2%%)

Backstage, we see Rhyno & Tajiri celebrating Tajiri's win earlier in the night. From out of nowhere, La Resistance blind-side the World Tag Team Champions by hitting them with their Quebec flags. Leaving the Champs laying on the concrete, the Canadian duo walk off laughing. (60.4%)

3.) Val Venis defeated Garrison Cade via the Money Shot after Cade was crotched on the turnbuckle attempting his big elbow, allowing Venis to score with a superplex before the splash to get the win. (58.8%)

A video package is shown of Chris Benoit, highlighting his accomplishments in 2004 from the Royal Rumble all the way to winning the World Title for the second time on the RAW after Summerslam. (84.3%)

4.) Scott Steiner returned to action tonight, defeating The Hurricane with the Steiner Recliner after a pretty vicious beating on the young super-hero. (69.6%)

Guest SelfHighFive

NEWS & RUMORS

During his match this past week on Smackdown, Bill DeMott sprained his ankle, and will be out at least a couple weeks recuperating. Its a tough break considering he made his return to the ring the same night he was injured, but hopefully this will give WWE writers enough time to come up with something for him to do, and not end up getting lost in the shuffle.

Speaking of injuries, the WWE is currently having Edge sell his injuries from Batista this past week on RAW. Word has it that Edge may have a new gimmick when he returns, or quite possibly, turn heel. One rumor that is circling rather heavily is that the WWE plans to try and strengthen the RAW Tag Team division, and reunite Edge & Christian.

Some rumors have been floating around that the WWE plans to scrap the Women's Division, how ever most of the WWE Divas were sent to OVW to work on their skills while Women's Champion Trish Stratus heals from a broken hand. We'll keep readers updated on the situation!

The WWE roster was trimmed by 2 more early Saturday morning, as both Mordecai & Hardcore Kidd were released from their WWE contracts. WWE writers felt that after the huge bomb Mordecai made after his previous gimmick and the fact that a month plus in OVW was doing him no good, it was decided to release him. Hardcore Kidd on the other hand was gettnig quit the attitude in OVW, and was bragging to others he was too good to remain "in the bush leagues." After complaining to management several times about coming up to either RAW or Smackdown despite not being ready, officials decided to cut their losses and cut him loose.

WWE Hall of Famer Pat Patterson has decided to retire at the end of the month, ending a very long career in the pro-wrestling business. We wish him the best of luck in the future!

Shawn Michaels is scheduled to return to action very soon, and rumored to begin a program with Kane, stemming off the attack a few months ago when Kane crushed HBK's throat with a steel chair. No word yet on when the 2 will have their encounter in the ring, but we're hearing rumors of an Inferno Match!

Sunday Night Heat is in big trouble. According to our sources, Spike TV is unwilling to renew the Heat contract with the WWE, as they feel the ratings for the show are too low to continue the program. One has to wonder exactly what will happen once the contract expires, as several lower card performers will be completely wiped off TV.

This past week on Velocity, we saw the television debut of Simon Starr, as he faced Chavo Guerrero. After delving for hours through various sources, it has been confirmed that indeed, Starr is the new head writer of the WWE. Starr has been wrestling the past 3 1/2 years for an Indy federation before landing the WWE writer's position, and we can only hope he doesn't get a big head from this...

Word has it the WWE has signed 2 former World Heavyweight Champions to come to RAW. Rumors have been circulating all weekend that none other than Diamond Dallas Page is one of those individuals, with AJ Styles being the other. While we have no official word, both are former World Champions (WCW & TNA respectively,) and AJ has been rumored to be coming into the company for several weeks.

Guest Blade

Great shows so far, AJ Styles and DDP would be great signing if you do indeed sign them. Edge as hell could be good some of edge's best matches were when he played a heel. Jericho turning heel could be good. Hardy should focus more on lita and Kane.Batista push could be good if done right. Give him a manager to get him more over and bring Shelton Benjamin into the picture for a title soon whether it be Tag Titles or I.C. jsut put some gold around the benjamin

Guest SelfHighFive

Oh, I have a plan for Shelton. Indeed.... a plan it shall be. Mwah ha ha ha......

I'm gonna try and divert the Kane/Lita/Matt attention away for a couple months until Lita is "getting into the pregnancy." That way I can do the Matt/Y2J feud and conclude the issues with Kane & HBK in the meantime. I don't think I could do about 8 straight months of this baby crap. ;)

• 1 year later...