STAR WARS RAPED FURTHER BY LUCAS.

Guest Angry Baboon

Heck I've only just turn 18 and it surprises me when people havn't seen the originals

Same. I literally slapped a friend of mine because he didn't get a joke I made about Jawas a couple weeks ago. He responded by saying, "I've never seen those movies".

I'll never tell you where I hid the body. :shifty:

I am also lucky that I have the original cuts on tape. Lucas should leave the films alone, but in his eyes, he believes they will be better with advanced special effects. Bullshit.

- The Dork Knight

It doesn't even matter to me that he prefers them with the changes...the thing that gets on my nerves is how he basically said he doesn't care what the fans want and he's releasing them how he wants them to be. Like it would kill him to release both versions of the films in the set.,,,though I'm sure he'll probably do it in the future, just to milk us even further...

I know a disturbing number of my friends who have never seen any of the Star Wars films...I need to catch them and show them the original trilogy before they wander into seeing Episode 1 by mistake and end up being put off it for life.

And whoever said that the Stormtroopers were meant to be replaced by normal people instead of clones after the end of the Clone Wars - damn right they were. Hell, the "Look Sir, droids!" trooper in A New Hope even has a name. RIP Davin Felth, RIP.

I thought the improvements in the Special Edition was fine. Especially the Jabba the Hutt thing in the first film. OK, it looked incredibley dodgy that he was moving, but it's a hell of a lot better than having a man play Jabba in one film, then in the next he's a huge slug!

But the new changes he's made are a bit over the top. Who needs Hayden Christensen there? I mean, hwy not just leave the old guy (who's name escapes me) there? Grrr....stoopid Lucas.