The Village

He definately should've gone with the original ending. It still would've sucked, but at least it would've been funny.

Insulting to it's audience? Yes. But still funny.

I'm glad he changed it. Not only would it have insulted the paying customers, but it would have made the movie a complete joke. I have no clue how a writer would even think up something like that in the first place as an ending. :ohwell:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Ivy comes running out of the woods screaming and comes across a gas station, I believe.

I thin the exact line was...

"Crazy fucking white people."

I'm glad he changed it. Not only would it have insulted the paying customers, but it would have made the movie a complete joke. I have no clue how a writer would even think up something like that in the first place as an ending.

I think the movie was a joke anyway. In the end it really has no point. Why were we even told the story? It's like one of Abe Simpson's stories only more coherent and not as funny.

It's like, here's a story about a monster. But then it's not. Here's a story that takes place in the past. But then it doesn't. There's no fucking point to the whole movie.

Edited by SkinMySenses

I think the movie was a joke anyway. In the end it really has no point. Why were we even told the story? It's like one of Abe Simpson's stories only more coherent and not as funny.

It's like, here's a story about a monster. But then it's not. Here's a story that takes place in the past. But then it doesn't. There's no fucking point to the whole movie.

I'd hate to hear your opinion on something like Lost In Translation....you know, a movie that actually goes nowhere.

OK one of the least enjoyable endings in recent history.  That better?

Yeah, sure....but that made it the worst movie you ever seen?

I mean, I disliked the ending to Signs TO THE EXTREME(HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT), but that isn't enough to make it the worst movie I've ever seen.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, From Justin To Kelly, Van Helsing, and thousands of others stand in it's path to ultimate sucktitude.

I mean, I disliked the ending to Signs TO THE EXTREME(HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT), but that isn't enough to make it the worst movie I've ever seen.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, From Justin To Kelly, Van Helsing, and thousands of others stand in it's path to ultimate sucktitude.

:o ... I liked Van Helsing...6.5/10

I liked it, too. I remember giving it a 7. That grade would probably be a 6 now but it had some decent humor and well it had hot women going for it. :thumbsup:

Still, I can see why Numbahs hated VH. Overuse of CGI is deadly in film.

I thought the Village was decent. Not amazing, not bad. Exactly what I thought it'd be.

The ending amused me, I thought it was good. The ending itself sucked, but the twist that they were living in a centuries-ago time in a forest whilst time passed by normally on the outside was really neat, I dug that a lot.

But the ending itself was bad - left way too much open.

Otherwise, Bryce Howard was fucking adorable in the movie, and I'm crushing on her madly. Of course, she doesn't look nearly as good otherwise, but uh, whatever.

Anyway, it was worth the $7.50 I paid for it, a good time waster.

Better than the Sixth Sense [which I strongly disliked], better than Unbreakable [which was terrible], but not as good as Signs [which I really liked, despite the horrid ending].

So yeah, whatever.

i think it was shot very well exept for some smal parts

the story was extremly forseebell for most parts (heck, i knew it was from the guy that did 6th Sens and Unbrakebel so i knew some big swerves would come around and in my eyes there was just NO WAY that they are that far back in time and that there was a real moster sinc the beginning of the movie was just so focused on putting thes two thins over as normal)

i´ed say if 6th sens and unbrackebell werent around i´ed give this a 7/10 for first whatch and maybee a 4/10 ore 5/10 for rewhatches just because it was shot very very well and created a very nice atmosephear, there is no part of the story i would rewhatch this movie for.

I so fucking hate hardcore forced OMFG mega twists :-/ I disliked 6th Sens and Unbrakebel for that massifly, it was don better in this movie but just sufferd from me knowing it would come throu the two other movies . . .

Over-use is almost as bad as mis-use.

I still have nightmares over the wolves in Day After Tommorrow.

And not because they were scary, because they looked so shitty.

Executive Producer: Here's the sales pitch. It's about man's struggle for survival against the odds, against extreme adversity.....and then there's these wolves, right...

:shifty: