WWE: Done Right

Guest powerslave_89

Guest powerslave_89

WrestlingNews.com

WWE has announced that Lita and Kane's wedding will be postponed due to a pressing personal event that Lita has to attend to, and because of this she will not be in attendance at Raw on Monday. WWE officials would not comment on the nature of the occurance but have assured fans that Lita will be in the building for Raw on Monday August 30th when Raw comes to San Francisco, California.

Guest powerslave_89

Raw Preview:

Be sure to tune into Raw this Monday for what should be an explosive 2 hours of television. The World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit will face Shawn Michaels in a non title match up, and due to the postponing of Kane and Lita's wedding, Kane will face a mystery opponent in the Main Event. Watch Raw Monday 9 ET/6 PT on Spike TV and Escape The Rules.

Guest FillerUgliest04

Lovely. I liked RAW alot, it turned out great. So will it be a triple threat match for the World Championship, since Orton and HHH drew? The Backstory was decent, but what do I know. Smackdown was also good, especially the Battle Royale. I liked the Winner get's a World Title Shot, and Runner-up get's a US title shot Stipulation.

Good Luck, and can't wait until' RAW.

Guest powerslave_89

user posted image

August 23, 2004

Anaheim, California

Attendance: 9,047

Play-by-Play: Jim Ross

Color Commentary: Jerry “The King” Lawler

Raw opens with a highlight package reviewing what happened in the Main Event on Raw last week with Benoit interfering in the Main Event and Mr. McMahon’s announcement on Heat to make the match at Unforgiven, a Triple Threat Match featuring Benoit, Triple H and Randy Orton. We cut to J.R. and The King live in the arena as the pyro goes off and they welcome us to Raw.

J.R: Welcome everyone to Monday Night Raw live here from Anaheim, California where tonight Chris Benoit will face Shawn Michaels in a non title match up!

King: That’s right J.R. and due to the postponement of Kane and Lita’s wedding Kane will be in action tonight in the Main Event against a mystery opponent!

J.R: It should be a great show tonight here in Anaheim.

Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

Match Summary: Great match up with reminders of Wrestlemania. Michaels hit the Super Kick but Benoit kicked out before the count of 3. Michaels kept at Benoit and went for a Super Kick again but Benoit reversed it into a Crossface and after a good 30 seconds. Michaels is forced to tap out.

Winner: Chris Benoit

By Submission

**Commercial Break**

Eric Bischoff’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring amid the usual heel heat. He climbs into the ring and begins to speak.

Eric: I have been scheduled to fight Eugene, my own nephew, at Unforgiven in a First Blood Match. The reason Mr. McMahon booked this match was because, in his words, I was allowing Eugene to be taken advantage of. Well Vince, how does booking him against me help that matter? I’m going to take advantage of him just like everyone else did. So I would like to call out my nephew Eugene right now to have a little chat.

Eugene’s music hits and the crowd goes wild as he makes his way down to the ring.

Eric: Hey Eugene, hows it going?

Eugene: Good Uncle Eric.

Eric: Good. Now Eugene I don’t want to fight you at Unforgiven, you’re my own nephew and I could never fight against you. I don’t want to fight against you.

Eugene: I don’t wanna fight you either Uncle Eric.

Eric: So me and Eugene here have decided to strike our match at Unforgiven in protest to the un-just actions of Mr. McMahon.

“If Ya Smell, What The Rock is Cookin”. The crowd goes wild as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment makes his way to the ring.

Rock: Finally, The Rock has come back, to Anaheim. And let me tell you this Eric Bischoff, you’re not gonna squirm out of your match that easily, because you see earlier Eugene came to The Rock and told him what you were planning with your monkey ass "Strike the match" story. So, The Rock, Eugene and Vince McMahon had themselves a little meeting and decided that it is indeed un fair for you to be fighting Eugene. So instead of Eugene vs. Bischoff, First Blood at Unforgiven. It’s gonna be Eric Bischoff vs. the most electrifying man in sports entertainment today The Rock, in a First Blood Match, and if The Rock wins he will decide upon a new GM for Raw, and The Rock has a few candidates in mind, but that’s not the point. The point is that , I’m gonna whip your monkey ass at Unforgiven, If Ya Smell, What The Rock…is cookin.

The Rock and Eugene exit together leaving Bischoff with a look of disbelief on his face in the ring.

**Commercial Break**

Maven & Shelton Benjamin vs. La Resistance

Match Summary: Good showcase of some of the up and coming talent on Raw. Maven and Shelton Benjamin worked really well together as a team against La Resistance and scored the win after Maven hit the Halo DDT on Rob Conway and then made the cover for the win.

Winner: Maven & Shelton Benjamin

By Pinfall

We cut to Triple H walking backstage. Suddenly he turns a corner and is hit hard in the head by the fist of Randy Orton who is accompanied by Batista and Ric Flair. They beat Triple H to a bloody pulp using by smashing him through a number of tables. Orton pulls out a sledgehammer and bashes Triple H in the face cutting him wide open. Batista and Flair hold Triple H up while Orton speaks into the camera.

Orton: You see this Benoit? You’re next in line, and you cant run and you cant hide cuz we’re coming for you Benoit. Mark my words I will be the World Heavyweight Champion.

He turns around and smacks Triple H in the face knocking him to the ground and Evolution walk away leaving Triple H in a pool of blood on the floor.

Christian w/ Edge vs. Chris Jericho w/ Shawn Michaels

Match Summary: Christian faced Y2J in a Wrestlemania re-match. Jericho hit some nice moves and had the momentum until he tried for the Springboard Lionsault, but Christian raised his knees into Jericho’s gut, from there on in Christian took the momentum and picked up the win with an illegal pin where he grabbed onto the ropes to win. After the match Michaels and Jericho attacked Christian, and Edge jumped into the fray resulting in a fierce battle that went on until Christian and Edge were forced out of the ring and ran up the ramp.

Winner: Christian

By Pinfall

We cut backstage to Lillian Garcia with Matt Hardy.

Lillian: Matt, I’d just like you thoughts as to what happened between you and Kane on Heat last night?

Matt: My thoughts? Kane stole the love of my life and he beat me senseless last night on Heat. I will get revenge Kane, don’t you worry, I won’t stop until I have ended your wrestling career permanently.

He storms away.

**Commercial Break**

J.R: Welcome back to Raw folks and its time for our Main Event.

King: That’s right JR, and we’ve just found out that Kane’s opponent is gonna be The Rock!

J.R: What a great Main Event tonight here in Anaheim!

The Rock vs. Kane

Match Summary: The Rock took it to Kane early getting in lots of punches trying to wear down the Big Red Machine. Rock hits the Rock Bottom but Kane kicks out. Kane regains the momentum with a hard clothesline. Kane then whips The Rock into the referee knocking the ref out. He is about to Chokeslam The Rock when Matt Hardy’s music hits and he runs down the ramp at Kane. Kane releases The Rock but Hardy is on him immediately. Hardy beats Kane down with continuous punches leaving Kane bloddied. The Rock recovers to make the pin but the ref is still out. Hardy throws the ref over by Kane and The Rock waking him up so he can make the 3 count. Raw fades off the air with Kane down in the ring and Hardy exiting the arena.

Winner: The Rock

By Pinfall

Guest FillerUgliest04

This RAW is sorta lacking something. I don't know what, but it is. It was pretty good except for The Rock coming back. It just doesn't seem realistic, although if you made this diary like WWE it would be some members of Evolution vs Beniot and Co.

Still a good show although, well done.

Guest powerslave_89

i'm going away for a week so i wont be posting anything, i doubt i will be able to post smackdown before i leave but i will try

thanks for reading

Guest powerslave_89

Unforgiven Preview:

With Unforgiven coming up on September 12, 2004 live from Portland, Oregon, here is a preview of the matches that have already been decided for the event.

On the SmackDown! side we know that at Unforgiven we will have Rey Mysterio facing off against the Big Show. In a great WWE Title Match John Cena will take on The Undertaker for the WWE Title. On the Raw side of the draw The Rock will face Eric Bischoff in a First Blood Match that will decide who the future GM of Raw will be, and in the Main Event at Unforgiven Chris Benoit will defend his World Heavyweight Title against Triple H and Randy Orton in a Triple Threat Match. Stay tuned to the Unforgiven Preview for news about more matches at Unforgiven.

• 1 year later...