The England thread

He's going to choose England, maybe get one or two caps that'll tie him and then never appear again. If he was going to play for Ireland, he would've already.

I'm not convinced by him at all but he should still choose Ireland. It's who he's played with the whole way up and the FAI have shown immense patience and care with him while he waits and decides. 

He's going to choose England, maybe get one or two caps that'll tie him and then never appear again. If he was going to play for Ireland, he would've already.

I'm not convinced by him at all but he should still choose Ireland. It's who he's played with the whole way up and the FAI have shown immense patience and care with him while he waits and decides. 

Can't argue with that reasoning at all.

• Admin

Roy Hodgson has confirmed reports that England had chosen the commune of Chantilly in northern France as their base for next summer's tournament.

"We had a clear set of criteria we wanted to fulfil: proximity to training ground, type of town, proximity to airport, and quite a few others," said the head coach.

"When we looked around, we eventually thought Chantilly was the one which best fulfilled those criteria."

The 68-year-old also welcomed the news England would play away to European champions Spain in Alicante on 13 November. That fixture is the first of three pre-Euro 2016 friendlies which will see the team face tournament hosts France (17 November) followed by world champions Germany (26 March).

"I've always had France and Spain fixtures in my mind. We now know where we will play that game in Spain," he added.

He also touted Raheem Sterling to go on and win 100 caps. In the same presser, Wayne Rooney said that he will never retire from England duty.