AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Just finished watching the first episode. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Absolutely brilliant. Easily the best zombie feature since Romero's original trilogy. I can not believe they showed half the shit they did. Anyone who had concern of network censorship should relax. They seem to be pretty much allowed to do/show anything from the comic books.

Schpöilars About this Stampsized Episode Number one.

It´s good, yep. For somereasons the zombies to the right of the tank seemed to me like they were dancing to the music

:shifty: i might be the only one that saw it like that but i laughed realy hard.

I liked prittymuch everything. All the diversions from the comic seemed to be good. Lori and Shane seem to become very intersting, in the comic it was discrybed as something more like a one night stand and the actress already toled us that she thinks we are going to hate her.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I always felt Lori was meant to be hated anyway. Not in a villain type way, so much as the writers realised that people loved Rick and knew they were going to have a hard time writing both a likeable AND realistic wife that would be more than just a love interest.

Me, I loved it to bits. Everything just came together perfectly, I hope to god the series manages a good few series.

Betwen 2-3 Million Viewers is what Mad Men gets on Sundays. Dunno about the Timeslot though. You also need to ad that they already soled the Walking Dead world wide, so it´s not like most with other shows that take a year to get to non english speaking countrys and creat money.

I fully expect it to do good. There is marketing, comic fans, gore tourists, the halloween crowed in gennerel... there will be enough people watching the first episode, and if further episodes deliver as good as this one i see no problems with at least two more seasons.

I don´t know about the TV scheduel in the us though, one would think that there is a big battle to get the Halloween crowed if they cannot get out to party since it´s a sunday.

So who wants to PM GoGo with a link? Someone do this, I'm going to a zombie walk tomorrow and could do with the inspiration

EDIT: I appear to have found it! Here's hoping.

Yeah i do. Just wondered what audience or rating it would likely need to be renewed.

It would have to do really, really bad to not get renewed with all the hype they've put into it. So much excitement, a strong team, and the fact that it's the exclamation point on AMC's FearFest, which is their biggest non-Mad Men, non-Breaking Bad time of year, I think a second season is all but guaranteed before it airs. The ratings are almost irrelevant since AMC doesn't exactly do big ratings to begin with, I think the only concern would be if they couldn't get strong advertisers due to the horror element. Mad Men gets major advertisers and it's widely considered to be the greatest show on television right now, but zombies might (pardon the pun) scare those off.

Exceptional stuff. Started out not really feeling it that much and then from the moment (okay yeah no let's just do spoilers now)

Morgan and Duane showed up I started to love it. The zombie missing its entire lower half was total nightmare fuel and not hokey-looking in the slightest, and every way the show expanded on its world (Morgan's wife, the fact that Glenn doesn't appear to be part of the RV group (Shane says that nobody's allowed to go off alone, which would stand in complete contrast to what Glenn's role in the group was in the comic)) is really interesting and doesn't just feel like a change made for the sake of changing things. I'm assuming that's Glenn on the tank's frequency at the end, and Rick being stuck in that tank is a fantastic hook for making me want to watch the next episode.

A week prior to the unprecedented global premiere of the show, AMC and FIC have planned to target one day multi-city events that will occur during morning commute peak hours. Taking direction from The Walking Dead’s legendary make-up artist Greg Nicotero, hundreds of zombies will consecutively take over major cities worldwide during a 24-hour period.

The planned global outbreaks will center in and around the world’s major landmarks, including the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City, the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., Big Ben in London, the Prado Museum in Madrid, the Bosphorus Bridge in Istanbul, the Acropolis in Athens and more. They will begin at daybreak in Taipei and Hong Kong, followed by Istanbul, Madrid, Munich, London, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, New York City and Los Angeles, among others. Attacking a total of 26 cities, each outbreak will be documented and shared with fans the world over as it happens.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/10/worldwide-zombie-invasion.php

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Walking-Dead/110475388978628#!/album.php?aid=50404&id=110475388978628

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ZombieCommuterDay

A TV Show going global like no other before.