EWBFL (X360)

Cactus Drags

That'll be my record soon.

I get to play Commissioner Dragsy next.

Yeah, sorry I haven't been around, got some guys leaving work so we've been out and stuff. Try and get the game done in the next couple of days, k?

how do you upload game highlights? i want to show off something cool.. if it ever happens for my team.

I'm not sure you can. I tried against the Packers and there just wasn't the facility to, but I'm sure I've seen on the website a section for viewing films. I honestly don't know, but it'd be great if we could some highlights up, rather than just reeling off stats and anecdotes to each other.

I am now 1-1. I threw six touchdowns to get the win over the CPU Dolphins. Also, what is the difficulty level set to? All-Pro? Custom?

All-Pro, with 7 minute quarters and 15 second accelerated clock.

Ugh.

Fuck Jake Delhomme and his not passing to where I want him to pass and Fuck hit while passing interceptions.

Also, What is up with the running 15 yards backwards with the QB on almost every play before flinging it halfway down the field, Does everyone do that online?

I feel alittle frustrated after playing much better then I did against the team formally known as the Pittsburgh Steelers and Eo before the franchise started.

final score was 40something to 16, It was much closer than it the score shows, But thanks to Jake Delhomme and what seemed to be Kyle's constant run blitzing, I couldn't finish off most of my drives.

even after many games I can have trouble with the comp... I blew it late against the Eagles. the all pro this year is not easy and it takes practice to get decent at this but I think an lot of it boils down to play calling. I've raged pretty hard over my qb getting hit a bit and the ball goes barely forward into a d-lineman for a pick 6. another strange thing I had happen was on a run my back lateralled the ball right into a lineman for a td even though I'm sure I didn't hit the pitch button.

I don't think i'm good enough to play All-Pro.

I lost to a CPU team :crying:

Football never was my thing though, nor basketball, nor baseball. I do however have a mean tic-tac-toe strategy.

Anyone who is halfway decent at tic-tac-toe can ALWAYS at least get a draw. :shifty:

I lol'd once I remembered what a tic-tac-toe draw was.

Word of warning to everyone, Eo plays asshole football (shouldn't really be surprised given the free agency foul-up). Barely ever punted, ran two back sets with Parker and Edge, that sort of thing. I'd be really pissed off if I lost to that kind of play. Luckily Hester torched them. Repeatedly.

Way to exaggerate man. That was uncalled for and hurtful to be honest.

If you're going to talk about our game at least tell the whole story and not just the parts that make it seem like you had to take on a cheating Eo.

We were neck and neck pretty much until maybe mid 3rd quarter. At the point you were up two scores. So why would I punt on 4th when I know it would be my only chance to get back in the game? I ran a two back set for a grand total of 3 plays, again when my back was against the wall.

Watch a game on Sunday, when a team is behind 2 scores late in 4th are they going to just give up and punt because it's 4th down, or pull their helmets down tight and go long.

Seriously I really was hurt by that post Dragsy. I've said it enough times now that I thought this little bickering over a E-League would be over. The free agency ordeal was my mistake and I apologized for it. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse, but it's the truth. But to bring it up, and then play a perfectly fine game against me, and then come on here and "warn" everyone of my "asshole football" playing technique is just kind of harsh.

Anyways I'm dropping out. I never said I was good at Madden once, I never bragged about winning or anything. I know my ability and knowledge of football is lacking. But I wouldn't cheat to get ahead, the only reason I even bought Madden was because I knew it was something I could play with and get to know some of the other EWB users and have fun talking about our games and such.

I had looked forward to that at least, maybe I'll have better luck with Modern Warfare 2.

Released the guys I picked up in the Free Agency mixup as well.

Edited by Captain Eo

I never said you cheated, and there were several times when anyone would have expected to field the punt team and I had to call timeout. Doing it in the fourht quarter is one thing, it's pretty much anything goes when you're down. but hell, you did it on your first drive, I know it was fourth and 1 or 2 or something, but in your own half when you're either up 7 or tied (I can't remember which it was)?

I'd apologise, maybe I'm jaded from seeing so much cheese play from previous EA sports games online, but your overreaction suggests otherwise.

It couldn't have been my first drive. The first kickoff was a return for the TD, the 2nd drive I'm almost positive you picked me off. I don't ever recall being ahead of you. But either way I'll apologize if you think it was an overreaction but that's just how I feel. If I'm not having fun, and the people I'm playing aren't having fun then the common denominator is me and well you know how that story goes.

Ugh.

Fuck Jake Delhomme and his not passing to where I want him to pass and Fuck hit while passing interceptions.

Also, What is up with the running 15 yards backwards with the QB on almost every play before flinging it halfway down the field, Does everyone do that online?

I feel alittle frustrated after playing much better then I did against the team formally known as the Pittsburgh Steelers and Eo before the franchise started.

final score was 40something to 16, It was much closer than it the score shows, But thanks to Jake Delhomme and what seemed to be Kyle's constant run blitzing, I couldn't finish off most of my drives.

Yeah I haven't blitzed that much in a game in a while, but it was workign so why stop? Delhomme blew the game for you pretty much, and Turner's consistency really helped me out.

If anyone's interested, I worked out how to upload highlights. You save them as you would any other, then in the My Madden section you can upload them, and it seems to automatically recognise franchise-related highlights and put them on the league page. I think you may have to wait till the end of the game and go to the recap section to save the highlight in the first place.

If Eo's dead set on leaving, then I guess those free agents are available (I'm not sure why he's released Hines Ward though, that's a bugger), and so are the Steelers if anyone wants them. If Jase/DigitalDeadmeat misses another week, then the Vikings will also be available (I won't boot him till there's a repalcement however).

Waiting on Jase's Vikings, Hugar's Cards and Great PK's Chargers. I have said previously we're going to roll over when the real NFL week finishes, so I'll give you guys till tomorrow to get your games played, it shouldn't be difficult since you're all playing the AI.