EWBFL (X360)

Cactus Drags

Except I think most people didn't even bother to look into that due to the fact that the Free Agent system for Online Franchises is highly flawed at this time and if one so happens to pick someone up they can at anytime without any bidding and so forth. And to pick up every player like that and to specifically state you did it to trade them is being about as big a cock as one can be. Considering the majority of us, can't speak for all, were probably never going to sign anyone unless we had an injury to a player and needed to replace them.

I mean, it's the same concept of not trading with a computer team seeing as they don't turn down trades. So it's sort of the same thing. I probably would have at least asked Dragsy previously about signing a player off of FA in case he had an idea of how to do it fairly, ie. PMing him bids of interested teams, and so forth. However, if I choose to stay in the league (may get rid of Madden) I'll probably never do any sort of trade or interaction with your team in the slightest just for being a knob.

The guy running the Texans hasn't quit... the guy who wanted the Titans may have, but since I'm running with the Texans...

You guys have got to be kidding me.

A raid on Free Agency would entail getting Free Agents someone would actually want. I don't see James [84] and Marvin Harrison as huge gains for any team.

If someone had wanted them they wouldn't have been free agents right?

Please don't play any games yet. also, I had forgotten about the free agency issue. I think if we avoid it till the end of the first year, then I'll come up with a waiver system or something. If you really want to make a move, I'd appreciate you running it by me first.

Actually, Harrison would've been a nice pick up for Chicago, and Edge would be a solid back-up for most teams. And if they're not worthwhile, then why did you pick them up? My problem with it is that there's no opportunity for anyone else to pick them up, there's no bidding war or anything, it's first come, first served, which is why I wanted to leave it till I could come up with a countermeasure. That, and you picked up like 5 guys at once.

And to pick up every player like that and to specifically state you did it to trade them is being about as big a cock as one can be.

I mean, it's the same concept of not trading with a computer team seeing as they don't turn down trades. So it's sort of the same thing. I probably would have at least asked Dragsy previously about signing a player off of FA in case he had an idea of how to do it fairly, ie. PMing him bids of interested teams, and so forth. However, if I choose to stay in the league (may get rid of Madden) I'll probably never do any sort of trade or interaction with your team in the slightest just for being a knob.

Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse in most cases, but the only issue I recall being mentioned was the trading and playing of the games, so I assumed that once we actually got the ball rolling all was fair.

I didn't know there even was a Free Agency bug, I was pretty sure it was first come first serve, but I would also assume that there were parameters in set that kept teams from going over roster cap and etc.

I'll apologize for not doublechecking first as that could easily been taken as me trying to take advantage of the system, but with only 3 guys over 70s in there I just figured some of you had already picked up some other players and these were just bottom of the barel guys.

But all in all if the attitude of this franchise is going to be like the one I quoted I rather just drop out now and move onto another franchise. I signed up because I wanted to finally get to interact with some of the EWBites since I was without a 360 for over a year and I missed out on the Saints Row 2, and Left For Dead bashes you guys have had. I love this community, but it wouldn't be fun playing in a franchise where some people are purposely going to hold grudges and blackball trade offers and etc.

I'm not going to do anything, because as far as I can see, well, I can't. Short of kicking you out of the league anyway, and I feel that's too severe. Admittedly, there wasn't anything in the first post, but I'll rectify that shortly. If LL's right, you'll possibly run into cap trouble, so there's your punishment >_> and possible burnt bridges with other teams.

I guess we're always going to run into a few hiccups getting kicked off, hopefully we can straighten this out and the rest of the seasonw ill progress relatively flawlessly.

EDIT: I've agreed with LL, if you want a free agent, PM one of us, if no one else makes the same re

Ugh, every time I try to edit a post, it gets cut up.

Regarding free agency, if you want a player, PM either me or LL, and if there's no other interest by the time the next game week rolls over, you're free to take him. You get one request a week unless there's a desperate injury replacement required.

Regarding game timing, I want us to keep up with the NFL. Obviously we have a headstart over week 1, but what I'll be doing is advancing the week on a Tuesday morning. If we all finish up early, we'll roll over earlier. Any problems with getting a game in, PM or post in here.

I waited till today to give Hugar and meacon a chance to get their games done. Jase hasn't been on in over a week, Rocksta and pililuk still haven't accepted their invites and Oso's not online (he's welcome to join when he gets connected though), so we're going on to week 2 today.

Meacon has requested free agent RB Shagg Makino, no one else has shown interest, so I'm granting it.

Editing still isn't working for me.

Week 2 has begun, user versus user match-ups are as follows: Biggz' Raiders (0-1) visit Typical Phenom's Chiefs (0-1). Slogger takes his Panthers (1-0) to Atlanta to do battle with Kyle and the Falcons (0-1) and my Bears (1-0) visit Eo and the Pittsburgh Free Agents (0-1).