WWE: Return To Greatness

Velocity Results 14/08/2004 (Taped on 10/08/2004)

Detroit, Michigan

The opening video plays and then we are welcomed with fireworks and the like. We open the show with Kenzo Suzuki’s music playing throughout the arena as the crowd boo him loudly. As usual Hiroki is by Kenzo’s side and is carrying a fan in her hand. Kenzo climbs into the ring and then he grabs a microphone as the crowd continue to boo him.

Kenzo starts to speak in Japanese, and then he hands the microphone back to Hiroki for the translation.

Hiroki: Mr. Kenzo Suzuki say that he wants to find an opponent for SummerSlam here tonight, and that he is making an open challenge to any Smackdown superstar.

Kenzo whispers something in Hiroki’s ear, and then Hiroki begins to speak once more with the crowd booing.

Hiroki: He also say that he wants the opponent to actually be worth fighting.

“One Of A Kind” hits the arena and then Mr. Saturday Night, Rob Van Dam makes his way out onto the stage with the crowd going absolutely wild. RVD runs down the ramp and then taunts before sliding into the ring and grabbing a second mike and beginning to speak.

RVD: So, Kenzo, you want a challenge do you? How about you face Mr. Pay Per View, Rob Van Dam at SummerSlam?

Kenzo looks shocked but then he whispers something in Hiroki’s ear and she gets ready to translate.

Hiroki: Mr.-

RVD: Wait a minute dude, I don’t want to be speaking to her, I want to be speaking to Kenzo. So, if you don’t mind, I just want to ask Kenzo one question. Me and you in a match, yes or no?

Kenzo nods and then he turns to leave the ring but RVD calls him back.

RVD: Wait, I just wanted to get you ready to face you, teach you some techniques, you know-

RVD drops the microphone and then he floors Kenzo with a HUGE kick to the face. RVD lifts Kenzo back to his feet and then flies off the ropes with a clothesline before nailing Kenzo with an impressive standing moonsault. RVD then goes up to the top rope and he signals for the Five Star Frog Splash as the crowd are going wild. However, Kenzo Suzuki moves out of the way and RVD hits the mat. Kenzo then lifts RVD and grabs him by his face and hits that incredible finisher of his as the crowd boo.

Kenzo then grabs Hiroki and drags her up the ramp as referee’s see to RVD in the ring. (80)

We then see a recap of what went down on Smackdown concerning The Dudley’s.

Spike set himself up on the top rope, and was going to do a repeat of last week when down came Tajiri, making his return to Smackdown along with former Tag Team Champion, Scotty 2 Hotty. They cleared the ring of the three Dudley brothers, saving Rey from a further beating. The Dudley’s were making there way to the back but then Theodore Long’s music hit the arena and then the crowd gave a mixed reaction as the Smackdown General Manager made his way out onto the stage with a microphone in hand.

Long: Holla, holla, holla. Hey playa, you betta stop right there if you know what’s good for ya. Because this is Theodore R. Long’s Smackdown and I shall not tolerate this constant bullying of our younger and smaller athletes. You feel me? So, what I am gonna do is make a match. It will be Scotty 2 Hotty and Tajiri teaming with Rey Mysterio to take on all three of the Dudley Brothers. And that match will happen at the WWE Summer Games, SummerSlam! You feel me?

Long is about to walk off, but Bubba has a microphone and he begins to speak.

Bubba: I don’t think that’s fair, we were the ones who were just assaulted Teddy-

Long: The name is Theodore R. Long to you playa!

Bubba: I’ll call you whatever I want, Long!

Bubba put a hand on Theodore’s jacket and Long went nuts.

Long: Do you know how much this suit cost playa? More than all your houses combined, and so take your hand off of the man, playa.

Bubba doesn’t move.

Long: Do it now playa, or your suspended.

Bubba thinks about it, but he removes his hand from Theodore’s jacket. Theodore then gets a little black book out and a pen and starts jotting something down. He hands rips the page out and then hands it to Bubba who looks at it confused.

Bubba: What the hell is this?

Long: A $1,000 fine.

Bubba: What for?

Long: For creasing a black man’s suit, you NEVER touch a black man’s suit. Now, you best believe that playa, and get the hell out of my arena. Holla, holla, holla!

Theodore Long’s music hits the arena and he makes his way to the back with the crowd going wild and Bubba Ray Dudley having a fit on the stage. (77)

Edited by Lucas Jackson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final SummerSlam Card Announced!

user posted image

WWE World Tag Team Titles

Rosey and The Hurricane vs. La Resistance

user posted image

WWE Tag Team Titles

Mark Jindrak and Rene Dupree vs. Paul Londan and Billy Kidman

user posted image

'Till Death Do Us Part

Kane vs. Matt Hardy

user posted image

Grudge Match

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero

user posted image

Your Not Worthy Match

Spike, Bubba, and D-Von Dudley vs. Rey Mysterio, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Tajiri

user posted image

Ultimate Revenge

Triple H vs. Eugene

user posted image

Best of 5 for the United States Title

Booker T vs. John Cena

user posted image

Triple Threat Intercontenental Title Match

Batista vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho

user posted image

WWE Championship Match

The Undertaker vs. John 'Bradshaw' Layfield

user posted image

WWE World Championship Match

Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton

~Also Announced~

Rob Van Dam vs. Kenzo Suzuki

Check out SummerSlam! Live this Sunday on Pay Per View!

As always Predictions are requested.

Edited by matbar

Smackdown was solid, though the sudden push of Billy Gunn seems completely odd.

RAW wasn't nearly as good. The Bashams got squashed pointlessly in their debut, and why in the blue hell would Raven have been let out of his TNA contract?

And the name is Chris Benoit. B-e-n-O-I-t. That more than anything else distracted me from enjoyment of the RAW diary.

Velocity: Juventud debuted way too fast; should have been some hype as he was a popular former WCW star. Otherwise, just fine.

Juvi's debut was a pre-debut, he won't debut properly for a good few weeks, as he is down in OVW just toning (perfecting) he's ring skills.

As for Billy Gunn's major push- I MARK OUT FOR BILLY GUNN, lol- also he was the only superstar beginning with B who I could think of being the Billion Dollar Man. Well look at the real Smackdown, just pushing Orlando Jordan who is a lot less over than Billy Gunn. Thanks for your comments though, mrhelm.

Edited by Lucas Jackson

WWE SummerSlam! Results! (8/15): - Booked by Mat Bar and Lucas Jackson

*Note* All SmackDown segments and matches were written by Lucas Jackson, and all Raw segments and matches were written by Matbar, then combined by Matbar.

Sunday Night Heat

Rhyno vs. Test

Winner: Test via. Pin with feet on ropes.

After the match: Test quickly exit’s the ring, and heads to the back mocking Rhyno on his way.

Match Analysis: This truly was a great match. Test and Rhyno worked their asses off, even though they weren’t on the PPV. Expect to see more Test and Rhyno matches in the near future.

Over: 84%

Crowd: 80%

Match: 89%

Show: WWE SummerSlam!

Date: Sunday, August 15th, 2004

WWE Presents: A Raw/SmackDown! joint production:

WWE SUMMERSLAM!

The SummerSlam Pyros erupt, and Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to the greatest event of the summer!

Michael Cole: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the greatest sow on Earth, SummerSlam! We have a great show for you tonight!

Tazz: That’s right Cole. Tonight the WWE Champion, John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfeild takes on The Undertaker!

Michael Cole: Also, the former General Manager of SmackDown!, Kurt Angle, will be in action against Eddie Guerrero!

Tazz: Things heated up last week between Spike Dudley and Rey Mysterio last week on SmackDown! when Spike told Rey that he could have a shot at his title if he could beat BOTH Dudley Boyz!

Michael Cole: Rey ended up losing his bid for the WWE Cruiserweight Title, but he does get a shot at all 3 Dudleyz tonight when he teams up with Scotty 2 Hotty and Tajiri!

Tazz: Booker T and John Cena will battle it out in the first of 5 matches to decide who the real WWE United States Champion is tonight, and Rob Van Dam will go head to head with Kenzo Suzuki! Now, for the Raw matches, we’ll kick it over to Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler!

Camera switches over to the other announcers desk where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler sit.

Jim Ross: Thank you Tazz. Tonight, Raw presents the WWE World Champion, Chris Beniot verses “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton! Orton has disgraced such wrestlers as Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, and even Sergeant Slaughter to be dubbed with that name, and Beniot is a legend who I have full faith in.

Jerry Lawler: Please J.R.! This ones a no brainier! Randy has Evolution behind him tonight, and Chris Beniot has nobody in his corner! Speaking of Evolution, Batista will face Edge and Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Title, and Triple H will face that savage, Eugene!

Jim Ross: That savage? What do you mean Savage?

Jerry Lawler: You saw what he did to Triple H on Raw J.R.! Tell we what kind of a decent human being would do that to another person!

Jim Ross: Should I remind you that Triple H almost killed William Regal 2 weeks ago on Raw?

Jerry Lawler: What’s your point?

Jim Ross: Shut up King. The Tag Titles will be on the line tonight as The Hurricane and Rosey challenge La Resistance, and Kane will square off against Matt Hardy for Lita’s hand in marriage!

Jerry Lawler: Just think J.R., we could have the first ever Big Red Baby, right here on Raw!

Jim Ross: I thought I told you to shut up King! Back to Michael Cole and Tazz for the first match!

Camera goes back to Michel Cole and Tazz.

Tazz: You see that Cole? We have a total of six championships on the line tonight.

Cole: But will we see six title changes is the real question, Tazz?

Tazz: I don’t know, but right now we’re going to go to the back to join The Dudley Brothers.

We cut backstage to the Dudley’s locker room where we see all three brothers preparing for their match, next.

Bubba: Spike, as the Cruiserweight champion, you are the obvious target in this match-up. But I just want you to know that what we did two weeks ago to Rey Mysterio on SmackDown is what we plan on doing to all three men in that ring tonight.

D-Von: Yeah, Spike, last month when you won the Cruiserweight title, we were over the moon, because we realized that a Dudley was finally getting his chance to shine in this company. Well tonight, all three of us shall shine when we defeat Rey Mysterio- again.

Spike: Yeah come on, let’s go! All three Dudley’s leave the locker room and then we here Scotty 2 Hotty’s music hit the arena as he makes his way out onto the stage for the next match. (74)

user posted image

SmackDown Match 1

The Dudley Brothers vs. Rey Mysterio, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Tajiri

An interesting six-man match here as the throw together team of Cruiserweights managed to control the more experienced team of the Dudley Boys for the first part of the match up. However, frequent tags between Bubba and D-Von insured that they managed to wear down new Cruiserweight on the block, Tajiri to the best of their ability- until Tajiri spat that deadly green mist right into the face of Bubba Ray Dudley. However, D-Von got in the ring and insured that Tajiri wouldn’t get the tag, but got a flying forearm, and then the Tarantula from the Japanese Buzzsaw. So, Spike had to get in the ring, and he got in just as Tajiri made the tag to Rey Mysterio. Mysterio went straight after Spike, and the two flew around the ring for a while, until Spike was set up for the 619. Enter Spike’s brothers and nailed the 3D on Mysterio and allowed Spike to pick up the easy win- grabbing the tights to add insult to injury. Afterwards, Mysterio couldn’t believe how quickly it was over and expressed his views to the referee. But The Dudley’s had already made there way backstage and were celebrating their victory.

Winners: The Dudley Brothers at 09:57.

(OR: 80, CR: 73, M: 87.)

Tazz: What a match Cole! I knew the Dudleyz would dominate!

Cole: We just got word that Triple H is arriving in the building!

We cut backstage where a bandaged Triple H limps through the doors to be met by Evolution.

Batista: Damn Tripps. You look like hell man. You gonna be okay for your match?

Triple H: I’m fine Batista, don’t worry about me. Tonight we have a chance at 2 belts, and at the end of the night, I better see the Intercontinental belt around you (points to Batista) and the World belt around you (points to Randy Orton)! That bastard Eugene attacked me last week, but what he didn’t expect was for me to be here tonight. You see, tonight will be Eugene’s last match ever in the WWE. At the end of tonight, Eugene will be lucky if he can walk ever again!

Triple H doubles over, and holds his ribs. Evolution helps him into their locker room.

We go back to the ring and Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are behind their desk.

Jerry Lawler: You see that JR! That savage, Eugene, almost crippled Triple H!

Jim Ross: If you don’t remember King, Triple H is the one who brought that damn Sledge Hammer into the ring! (Stand Back! There’s a Hurricane Coming Through! blasts on the PA and the next match is set to begin.)

user posted image

Raw Match 1

Referee: Earl Hebner

WWE World Tag Title Match

Rob Conway and Sylvan Grenier vs. The Hurricane and Rosey

The start:

The Hurricane and Conway start in the ring. The lock up, and Conway easily throws Hurricane to the ground. Hurricane gets up, and bounces off the ropes to hit a Flying Clothesline on Conway.

Mid-Match Notes:

Rosey was tagged in, as was Sylvan. These two started to straight out brawl. Punches were flying. Rosey knocked Sylvan down, and went for a Leg Drop, but Grenier rolled out of the way, and hit a vicious kick to the head on Rosey. When he turned around, taunting, The Hurricane was on the Top Rope, and hit a Missile Drop Kick, which started a 4 man brawl in the ring.

The finish:

Earl Hebner finally got the match back to normal, when he was distracted by Sylvan who was on the turnbuckle. Rob, the legal man, slid out of the ring, and grabbed a chair. He clocked Rosey with it back in the ring, then he turned to Hurricane, and nailed him. Hebner saw the last shot, and called for the bell awarding the match to Hurricane and Rosey, but La Resistance keeps the titles!

Winners: Hurricane and Rosey via DQ. Still Tag Team Champions La Resistance!

Over: 70%

Crowd: 66%

Match: 74%

The Aftermath:

Sylvan and Rob are celebrating in the ring when Rosey pops up, and hit’s the Samoan Drop on Rob, then clotheslines Sylvan out of the ring. Rosey continues to beat down Rob when road agents run down and restrain the two.

We then see a video hyping SmackDown superstar, Rob Van Dam highlighting his many victories over various superstars in both ECW and in the WWE, including his five Intercontinental title reigns. (80)

We then hear the familiar music of Kenzo Suzuki hit the arena as Kenzo Suzuki, along with Hiroki makes his way down to the ring wearing his usual Japanese robe. The crowd boo as Kenzo climbs into the ring and then orders Hiroki to take off his robe. Kenzo then grabs a microphone and he begins to speak as the crowd continue to boo.

Kenzo starts talking in Japanese and has a HUGE smile on his face while he does so. He hands the microphone to Hiroki for the translation.

Hiroki: Kenzo Suzuki say that he really, really enjoy wrestling in the United States of America (boos) and that he does not want to wrestle here in Canada (more boos). He also say that he cannot wait to go home and watch SummerSlam in America after he beats RVD senseless tonight. And finally, he say that-

Kenzo grabs the microphone from Hiroki and then he begins to speak.

Kenzo (in broken English): God…. Bless…. America (boos). God….. Bless…… Kenzo Suzuki (boos)!

RVD’s music hits the arena and the Canadian crowd go absolutely wild as Mr. Pay Per View makes his way down to the ring as the match is about to begin.

SmackDown Match 2

Kenzo Suzuki vs. Rob Van Dam

The match started with RVD in control, and the crowd loving every minute of it. Kenzo used his sheer power though to sway the match in his direction following a nice kick which knocked RVD right over the top rope landing awkwardly on his back. Kenzo took control of the match and managed to get some impressive maneuvers on Mr. Pay Per View including a devastating power bomb on the outside. However, it was on the outside where things went wrong for Mr. Suzuki, as RVD managed to capitalize on Kenzo’s repetitive moves and managed to reverse an Irish whip, and sent the man from the Land of the Rising Sun right into the steel steps as the Canadian crowd went wild. RVD then managed to nail an impressive moonsault on Suzuki, and then went up to the top rope and nailed an impressive Five Star Frog Splash on Kenzo who was on the outside. RVD rolled Kenzo back in the ring expecting to get a three, but Kenzo kicked out after two as the crowd (and RVD) were shocked. Moments later and RVD was back on the assault, but missed a Five Star Frog Splash thanks to Hiroki throwing the white powder into the eyes of RVD- mid flight- and causing RVD to land on the opposite side of the ring- face first. This allowed Suzuki to lock RVD in a deadly leg lock submission hold, which RVD had no choice but to tap out to.

Winner: Kenzo Suzuki at 12:15.

(OR: 78, CR: 72, M: 85.)

Rob Van Dam lost 1 point of overness from this match. Kenzo Suzuki gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Kenzo Suzuki is still in the ring and RVD is being tended to by medical staff as the crowd boo as Kenzo is laughing at the man he just beat. Kenzo barges past the medical staff and then lifts RVD back up to his feet and then nails a devastating DDT (with RVD landing right on his head). Kenzo then went up to the top rope and taunted, mocking Rob Van Dam and flew off the top with a Frog Splash on RVD. Hiroki then came into the ring and laughed along with Kenzo as the two exited the ring, happy with what had just happened in the ring.

Cole: I hope RVD’s all right.

Tazz: I never knew Kenzo Suzuki could do a Five Star Frog Splash? And did you see that DDT?

Cole: I know it will be interesting to see which direction Kenzo Suzuki takes after this HUGE upset over Rob Van Dam tonight at SummerSlam. Well folks, on a completely different note, it is time for SmackDown’s first title match of the evening, as the WWE Tag Team Champions, Billy Kidman and Paul London take on new team on the block, Mark Jindrak and Rene Dupree. And here’s a look at Billy Kidman and Paul London’s journey together so far.

A video plays showing various Velocity matches featuring London and/or Kidman in action, showing them beating various “lesser” teams (Hardasses, Akio & Sakoda, The Bashams and Scotty & Rikishi). It then shows there HUGE victory over The Dudley Boys back in July, as well as there successful title defenses so far against The Dudley’s, The Bashams, Akio & Sakoda. When we return the champions are making their way to the ring for their match.

user posted image

SmackDown Match 3

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

Billy Kidman & Paul London © vs. “The Reflection of Perfection” Mark Jindrak & “The French Phenom” Rene Dupree

The first SmackDown title match of the evening, as well as Paul London’s first Pay Per View match, and Billy Kidman and Paul London’s first match as tag team champions on a Pay Per View. And this match (just like their encounter on Velocity) didn’t fail to impress. The fans could see why Dupree and Jindrak were put together as a team, as they both have similar attitudes in the ring. It was pretty much back and forth with both teams making several (important) mistakes which instantly gave the control to the other team. Paul London continues to impress, and is quickly becoming the new Billy Kidman (and Kidman realizes that). The champions were flying everywhere around the ring, and London managed to get that impressive 450 Splash on Dupree- but ROP managed to break the cover up on time for his team. Kidman then got in the ring and went for the Dropkick on Dupree, but he accidentally hit London and then got knocked over the top rope himself. This allowed the Reflection of Perfection to nail the Mark of Excellence on London and get the pinfall and win the titles for his team. The new champions left after a very good match with London looking confused.

Winners: Mark Jindrak & Rene Dupree at 07:17.

(OR: 82, CR: 72, M: 92.)

The WWE Tag Team titles have gained in image.

After the new WWE Tag Team Champions had left the arena Billy Kidman got in the ring and tried to apologies for Paul for accidentally hitting him with the dropkick. But London was having none of it, and stormed off, leaving the arena alone as Kidman looked annoyed with himself in the middle of the ring.

Cole: What the hell was that all about?

Tazz: It was an accident, Kidman was aiming for Dupree, but he accidentally hit his own partner, Paul London. That’s what happened Cole.

Cole: Well, nevertheless, that “accident” as you call it cost Billy Kidman and Paul London the tag team titles. Let’s just hope that they can have better luck this Thursday night when SmackDown comes to Montreal, Canada. For ticket information, log onto WWE.com.

We go to Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Jim Ross: And Raw comes to you live tomorrow night from London!

Jerry Lawler: Long live the queen!

Jim Ross: London, Ontario you idiot!

Pyros explode and The Big Red Monster Kane starts to make his way down to the ring for the next match.

We see a promo for Matt Hardy vs. Kane with recap of the Lita Pregnancy, and Lita sleeping with Kane.

Overall: 77%

User Name: Matt Hardy

Password: Version 1.0

Loading: 10%….50%….80%….100%

“OH YEA!”

Matt Hardy runs down to the ring, and takes a swing at Kane to start the second match from the Raw side.

user posted image

Raw Match 2

Till Death Do Us Part NO DQ

Kane vs. Matt Hardy

The Start:

Matt Hardy starts hitting move after move after move, but Kane just wont go down. Kane grabs Matt by the neck, but Matt kicks Kane between the legs, and Kane finally collapses. Matt starts stomping on Kane, then slides to the outside to get a chair. When he comes back, Kane is on his feet! Matt takes a swing at Kane, but Kane hit’s a Big Boot into the chair, and it bounces off Matt Hardy’s skull.

Mid-Match Notes:

Lita slowly walks down the ramp, and starts screaming as she sees Kane just manhandling Matt. Kane hit’s a Chokeslam on Matt, and goes for the cover. The ref gets to 2 when Lita grabs a Mic.

Lita: Kane! Kane, stop!

Kane gets up and looks at Lita and smiles.

Lita: Kane, the baby’s yours! I just thought you should know…the baby’s yours!

Kane gets a huge smile on his face, and he turns around, only to be clocked by a chair shot from Matt Hardy. Mat starts to yell at Lita, and Kane sits up! Matt turns around into a Chokeslam by Kane!

The Finish:

Kane goes for the cover, but Lita runs in and breaks it up. Kane looks pissed and backs Lita into a corner, but doesn’t lay a hand on her. Matt runs up behind Kane, and drop kicks Kane into Lita in the corner! When Kane falls back and sees Lita, he’s shocked, and worried about Lita. He didn’t see her there! Lita is knocked out, and so is Kane. Matt grabs his chair, and continually beats Kane with it, then covers him for 2. Kane gets up, and Chokeslams Matt for a third time and covers for the 3 count.

Winner: Kane!

Over: 80%

Crowd: 83%

Match: 74%

The Aftermath:

Kane checks on Lita, and feels her stomach. Medics run out and cart Lita and Matt to the back.

A promo for Raven airs, and it says, “The Raven is back…TOMORROW NIGHT!”

Tazz: Now it’s time for one big match.

Cole: That’s right folks; it is a Best of Five Series match. And here to explain the rules, out General Manager-

Tazz: - the man who made the match.

Cole: Yeah, you’re right Tazz. Our New General Manager, Theodore Long made this match, and I suppose he is the only one who can explain it.

Theodore Long’s music hits the arena and then out comes the SmackDown General Manager, Theodore R. Long wearing one of his trademark suits. He climbs into the ring and then he grabs a microphone from Tony Chimmel as he begins to speak with the crowd going wild.

Long: Tonight ladies and gentlemen, is a first. A first for SmackDown, a first for Theodore R. Long’s SmackDown. Tonight you will witness the first in a series of five matches for the United States Championship between Booker T (boos) and John Cena (HUGE pop). Now, here are the rules. The series of matches will end when a superstar has received three points, or wins three matches out of the five. The matches can have any stipulation, and can be positioned on any Pay Per View, or SmackDown television show, but the last match will take place at Survivor Series. Standard match rules apply. Tonight’s match is a singles match, and so either man can win by pinfall, submission, disqualification or countout. However, in the result of a draw, both men shall be awarded with one point, and the series will continue as normal. So, I hope that’s sorted things out for you, playas. And one more thing, I shall be at ringside for the following match- you feel me (pops). Now, all I can say is that this is going to be one hell of a contest. Now, you best belie that. Holla, holla, holla!

Theodore R. Long makes his way over to the announce table as John Cena makes his way down to the ring, with the match following!

user posted image

SmackDown Match 4

United States Championship Match Best of 5 Series- Match 1

Booker T © vs. John Cena

As mentioned before, Theodore Long was ringside for the entire match and tried to ensure that the match was fair throughout. It was pretty much back and forth at the start, with both men trying to take control. But Booker T took control of the match and an early scissors kick got him a two count. Booker then wore down Cena with a series of sleeper holds and chokeholds and then set Cena up for the scissors kick again, but Cena moved out of the way and out of desperation hit the Throwback. The crowd were really behind Cena, as he battled his way out of another sleeper hold from the United States Champion, and then moments later floored Booker with a HUGE spine buster, planting Booker T down to the mat. Cena nailed the 5 Knuckle Shuffle on Booker T and then taunted for the FU as the crowd went absolutely wild. However, Booker T reversed the FU and knocked Cena down with a devastating kick to the face right near the ropes. Booker then went up to the top rope and taunted, waiting for Cena to get up. Cena got up quickly, but Booker flew off the top rope with a cross body and sent both him and Cena over the top rope as the crowd went wild. Both men were knocked out and the referee had no choice but to count them out, ending the match as a draw. Afterwards Booker T and Cena argued in the ring, but they were held apart from each other by various referees and SmackDown General Manager, Theodore Long as we have controversy surrounding the United States Championship!

Winner: Draw (Double countout) at 14:25.

(OR: 85, CR: 87, M: 81.)

The WWE United States title has gained in image

Cole: What a match that was!

Tazz: But who won?

Cole: Well, you heard what Theodore Long said before the match. In the result of a draw both men shall score a point.

Tazz: So I guess that both men have one point then?

Cole: Well yeah, Tazz

The lights go dark, and the countdown begins…10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...BOOM! Pyros explode, and Chris Jericho is on the stage. He poses for the crowd, and gets ready for tonight’s Highlight Reel! Tonight’s guests are Batista of Evolution, and the Intercontinental Champion, Edge.

Chris Jericho: Ladies and Gentlemen, Slap Nuts of all ages! Welcome to this special Pay-Per-View edition of Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel! I have very special guests tonight, very special because later tonight I’m gonna kick both their asses all over this arena, and become the new WWE Intercontinental Champion! Let me introduce you to our guests, Evolution’s Batista, and soon to be former Intercontinental Champion, Edge!

Batista’s music hits, and he walks slowly down the ramp, signaling that he’s gonna win the belt. Then “You Think You Know Me” Hits, and Edge walks down the ring, holding his belt high! Batista and Edge enter the ring, and all three men go nose to nose. Edge says something to Batista, and Batista pushes him down. Edge gets up, and pushes back. Edge and Batista start brawling, knocking over Jericho’s set.

Chris Jericho: What the hell are you doing? You know how much this set costs?

Jericho picks up a piece of a broken chair, and breaks it over Batista’s head. A ref runs down, and starts…

(Overall: 97%)

user posted image

Raw Match 3

Intercontinental Title Match

Edge vs. Batista vs. Chris Jericho

Match Start:

With Batista down, Chris Jericho and Edge start brawling. Both men exchange punches, then Jericho hit’s a dropkick on Edge. Batista slowly gets back into the ring, and is hit with a right from Edge. Batista straightens up, and hit’s a monstrous clothesline on Edge.

Mid-Match Notes:

Batista starts to dominate the two smaller wrestlers, until Jericho and Edge team up, and use their speed over Batista’s power. Edge hit’s the Spear on Batista, then Jericho hit’s the Lion Sault for a 2 count which Edge breaks up. Edge and Jericho go at it for a while, then Batista gets up and over powers both wrestlers, and hit’s a Spine Buster on Edge, and a Power Bomb on Jericho.

The Finish:

Ric Flair runs down and distracts the ref as Batista uses the ropes to choke Jericho. The ref turns around, and breaks it up at the count of 4. Then Batista turns around, he’s hit by a Spear! But Edge gets a 2 count as Jericho breaks it up. Jericho trips up Edge, and locks in the Walls of Jericho! EDGE TAPPS! EDGE TAPPS!

The Winner and New Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho!

Over: 81%

Crowd: 83%

Match: 79%

Ric Flair and Batista can’t believe it! Both men start beating down Edge, and Jericho. Ric and Batista walk off when all of a sudden, Christian runs down, and helps Edge to his feet! Both men embrace and then attack Jericho! Edge rubs the belt in Jericho’s face then Edge and Christian walk off.

Overall: 89%

We cut to the back where we see Kurt Angle standing in wrestling attire next to Josh Matthews, ready for his match against Eddie Guerrero, next.

Josh: Kurt, you are just moments away from your WrestleMania rematch against Eddie Guerrero. Any worries regarding this match?

Angle: You’re asking me, Kurt Angle, an Olympic Hero if he has any worries about this match? You’re dumber than you look Josh. Now, the person who should be worried is Eddie Guerrero, because who knows what I am going to do when I get my hands on him. Josh, I am a very angry person at the moment. Eddie Guerrero stole my stuff and sold them on WWE.com, and that my friend is illegal. And illegitimacy is not one of my three “I’s” and never will be. But what Eddie doesn’t realize is that when we signed the contract for this match, I put a little something on their that went unseen to Eddie Guerrero- a return clause.

Josh: What’s that Kurt?

Angle: A return clause my friend, is a clause where if Eddie Guerrero loses this match- which he will do- he will not only have to return my possessions to me, but he shall have to return all the money that he made out of this scam to its owner. And Eddie Guerrero shall do this, this Thursday night on SmackDown in Montreal. So, instead of Montreal screwing Bret, it will be Eddie screwing Montreal. Good day Josh.

Angle walks off as Eddie Guerrero’s music hits the arena and the crowd go nuts as Latino Heat makes his way out onto the stage. (100)

user posted image

SmackDown Match 5

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

Well, like many thought, this was the undisputed match of the night (if not year) as these two were both on top form going into this match. Eddie gave it his all, as did Angle. And it really was a battle of who was the better wrestler. The match started with a series of impressive chain wrestling between the two men, and Eddie got the advantage at first, but the Olympic Hero, Kurt shocked everyone and managed to out-do Eddie Guerrero, and then lock him in the Angle Lock for a few seconds to rub it in even more. The match was then in Angle’s control for a few minutes as he used a variety of suplexes on Eddie to wear him down. However, things started to go wrong when Angle went for the rolling German suplexes, and Eddie kept switching, reversing the move- much to Angle’s disgust. However, Angle managed to get three in a row, and then went up to the top rope for a moonsault, and it would have been a perfect moonsault- but Eddie moved out of the way. However, it wasn’t a problem for Kurt, as Kurt saw this last minute dodge by Eddie, and managed to land on his feet- and walk into a dropkick by Eddie. Eddie then took control and set Kurt up on the top rope with a Frankensteiner. Eddie then went up top again, and nailed an impressive moonsault of his own, which got a two count. Moments later and Eddie was reversing the Angle Slam and locking Kurt in his own deadly maneuver- the Lasso from El Passo, but Angle managed to get to the ropes as the crowd booed as loud as they could. We reached the fifteen mark, and we were back to chain wrestling between the two, but this time Eddie got the advantage and showed Angle who was boss. The crowd went wild as Kurt ducked one dropkick from Eddie, only to walk straight into another one. The match then went to the outside, but Eddie made sure that Angle didn’t stay outside for too long, fearing that the bout would end in a countout. Eddie tossed Kurt into the steel steps, and then climbed up onto the apron and flew off with a Frog Splash off the apron as the crowd went wild. Eddie landed awkwardly and so both men were up at the same time, Angle (with the referee’s back turned) then low blowd Eddie and nailed a deadly German Suplex on Eddie on the outside before rolling Eddie back into the ring for a two count. Angle set Eddie up for another Angle Slam, but Eddie reversed and then nailed an Angle Slam of his own- on its inventor. However, when Eddie had jumped over Angle’s back after the first Angle Slam, he had accidentally knocked out the referee- meaning that we had no official for the remainder of this match. Eddie went up to the top rope, and we all knew what was coming next the Frog Splash. However, Eddie saw that there was no referee, and as he tried to revive the referee down came the Billion Dollar Man, Billy Gunn in a suit, and nailed the Fame-Ass-Er on Guerrero, and the referee was none the wiser as Gunn innocently cheered Angle on from the outside. Angle soon got up and nailed the Angle Slam on Eddie, and then locked Eddie in the Angle Lock (checking Eddie’s boot before he did so). The referee then got back to his feet, as Eddie tried with all his heart to fight out of the deadly submission hold, but after a few moments, Eddie tapped out through the pain, giving Kurt Angle the win. Afterwards BDM and Angle just celebrated in the middle of the ring, but Gunn added insult to injury by giving Eddie another Fame-Ass-Er as referees and medical staff made their way down to Eddie’s aid.

Winner: Kurt Angle at 22:30.

(OR: 98, CR: 99, M: 96.)

We cut backstage where Triple H is yelling at Ric and Batista.

Triple H: What the hell was that guys? Ric, I sent you out there to make sure Batista won, and Batista, you have more power then all the other people here combined! Your both lucky I don’t kick your asses right here, right now!

Batista gets in Triple H’s face.

Batista: Well, Tripps, at least I wasn’t beaten down by a retard with a hammer…

Triple H looked pissed, then threw a right at Batista. Batista floored H, and H popped back up and jumped on Batista, and threw rights. Randy and Ric pull the two apart. Batista laughs at Triple H, then leaves the locker room.

(Overall: 82%)

Jim Ross: What the hell was that all about?

Jerry Lawler: Could this be the end of Evolution?

Eugene’s music hit, and the “savage” walks out to the ring to a huge pop! He waves to everyone, and gets into the ring.

“TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!” Blasts, and Triple H, followed by Randy Orton and Ric Flair. Tripps stops and stares at Eugene. Eugene looks freaked. Triple H sends Randy and Ric to the back, and gets into the ring. He stands on the apron, but Eugene delivers a club to his back, and Tripps fly’s into the barrier…ribs first.

user posted image

Raw Match 4

Triple H vs. Eugene

The Start:

Eugene went for the early assault attacking Triple H’s injured ribs, but Tripps powers back with a flying knee to Eugene’s face.

Mid-Match Notes:

Triple H made this a real one sided match real quick. He started working on the knees of Eugene making it so he couldn’t walk, or even get up. Triple H went to the outside and grabbed the Sledge Hammer. Tripps raised it above his head, but Eugene gave him a few shots to the mid section to force H to drop it. After a series of great moves, and near falls, Triple H threw the Sledge Hammer into the middle of the ring. He kicked Eugene in the gut and nailed Eugene face first into the hammer with a Pedigree!

The Finish:

Triple H went for the cover, but at the count of 2, Batista ran down, and broke up the pin! Batista lifts Triple H up, and hit’s a bone crushing Power Bomb before leaving. Both men are down when the knocked out Ref gets up. He starts counting…1...nothing…2...both men still down…3...no change…4...Eugene starts to stir…5...Eugene rolls onto his stomach…6...Eugene gets on his hands and knee, as does Triple H…7...Eugene stands up, and looks at Triple H. Tripps gets up and…STUMMER! Eugene hit’s a Stunner on Triple H! H is down, and Eugene is looking around…Eugene sticks his arms out, and starts stomping around! W-O-R-M! Eugene hit’s the WORM on Trips! Eugene covers! 1-2-3! Its all over! Batista helps Eugene beat Triple H!

Winner: Eugene!

Over: 80%

Crowd: 81%

Match: 78%

The Aftermath: Batista comes back down, and raises Eugene’s hand in the air! Eugene starts celebrating when Batista hit’s a monstrous clothesline on Eugene before heading to the back.

We went backstage where we saw the Undertaker walking around, ready for his title match against JBL, next!

Cole: Well, now it is time for the SmackDown main event ladies and gentlemen, and this is going to be good.

Tazz: JBL vs. the Undertaker with the WWE title on the line, it doesn’t get much better than this!

Cole: And let’s just take a look how this one started.

A video airs on the titantron showing how JBL beat Eddie Guerrero at The Great American Bash, and then two weeks later in that hellacious Steel Cage Match. It then shows the clip of when JBL was interrupted by Taker and when the match was made. We then cut to two weeks ago on SmackDown when JBL brought out a midget Undertaker, only to be big booted by the Deadman. The video ends with JBL laughing, standing over the Deadman last week on SmackDown.

user posted image

SmackDown Main Event

WWE Championship Match

John Bradshaw Layfeild © vs. Undertaker

The crowd went absolutely wild when Taker came down to the ring, and booed like hell when JBL made his way down in his limo which stayed there for the entirety of the match. There were chants of “Rest In Peace” throughout the match, but that only added to JBL’s fear. As to be expected, this match was an all out brawl and a power struggle. Even though JBL is strong, he was no match for the Deadman, as Taker fired left and rights on JBL out of nowhere. As to be expected, Taker took control of most of the match and had JBL busted wide open after a HUGE Big Boot to the skull. The crowd went wild as Taker set JBL up for Old School, and then followed it up with a chokeslam, but Taker didn’t cover, and instead set JBL up for the Tombstone as the crowd cheered. However, JBL countered and sent the Deadman shoulder first into the ring post before hitting a HUGE clothesline from hell. Taker got straight back up and went right after JBL and grabbed him by the throat as the crowd cheered. However, JBL reversed this move as well, and knocked the Deadman off his feet by sweeping him off his feet. JBL then went and got a steel chair from outside and brought it inside as the crowd booed. The referee tried to get the chair away from the champion, but got knocked down in the process. JBL then floored Taker, and the referee had no choice but to ring for the bell, giving Taker the win by DQ.

Winner: Undertaker (DQ) at 09:25.

(OR: 93, CR: 89, M: 98.)

JBL stood over Taker, taunting in the ring with his WWE Championship in one hand and the steel chair in the other. However, Taker got straight back up and as JBL turned round he was shocked and dropped both his WWE Championship AND the steel chair. Taker looked at them, and kicked them both out of the ring and then began pounding away at JBL. For a while they exchanged right hands, but Taker soon got the advantage and knocked JBL out with a nice DDT, before knocking him over the top rope with a clothesline. Taker then flew over with a nice Senton which knocked JBL out completely. JBL then tried to crawl towards the limo, but Taker stopped him and then grabbed him by the throat, but JBL took the losers way out and low blowed the Deadman and then ran towards the limo. However, Taker caught up with the champion and held the door shut, and then knocked JBL down with a clothesline. Taker then tossed JBL through one of the windows, opening that wound even more. The Deadman then rolled JBL on top of the limo, and then climbed on himself. Taker then set JBL up for a tombstone, and he hit it off, right on top of the limo as the crowd went wild. Taker was then pulled off the limo by medical staff who went to assist our WWE Champion. Taker climbed into the ring and then he grabbed the WWE Championship and got down on one knee as the light went out, and Taker celebrated with the WWE Championship in his hand as the crowd went wild.

Jim Ross: What a match! But that will be nothing compared to the next, and last match!

Jerry Lawler: Evolution’s Randy Orton will face off against WWE World Champion, Chris Benoit!

Chris Benoit’s music echo’s through the arena and the crowd goes wild! The World Champion makes his way from the back, and the crowd gets even louder! Benoit walks down, and climbs into the ring, and poses with the belt.

Evolution’s music hits, and Randy Orton comes out to a mixed reaction. Both men are in the ring, and Jack Doan lets Randy Orton pose with the title. Doan takes it back, and sets it outside the ring. The bell sounds and the men start circling.

user posted image

SummerSlam Main Event

World Championship Match

Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton

Match Summery:

Great match, both men gave it their all. Benoit was amazing, showing why he is a true legend of wrestling.

The Start:

Chris Benoit and Randy Orton lock up. Randy throws Chris to the ground, and laughs. Benoit gets back up, and locks up again, and is again thrown to the ground. Benoit gets up again, but this time when Randy tried to lock up, Beniot gave him a few rights, then a Belly-to-Belly suplex.

Mid-Match Notes:

Benoit starts hitting suplex after suplex on Orton, making the Legend Killer look like a fool. Randy decides to slow things down, and went for a punch…but he hit Jack Doan instead! Doan rolls to the outside of the ring, and Benoit looks confused. Randy shrugs and the match goes on.

The Finish:

After 10 more amazing minutes of pure wrestling, many near falls, and a few Tap Outs to Crossfaces by Orton, Doan was still down, and Benoit looked pissed. Randy locks up with Benoit again, and puts him in a low side headlock, and brings Benoit to the ground, and turns it into a choke hold. Benoit lowers his hand to the mat, and raises it again to get leverage. Earl Hebner runs down to the ring and calls for the bell! He says Chris Benoit tapped out! What the hell!

Winner and New World Champion: Randy Orton!

Both Orton and Benoit jump up looking confused to all hell as the crowd boos! Benoit looks at Orton who shrugs, and then at Hebner who has a smug look on his face…

”I’m Back!” Hits the PA and Eric Bishoff comes out to the stage. Benoit starts yelling at him.

Eric Bishoff: hahaha…Benoit, Benoit, Benoit…Did you really think you could get away with being the champion forever? Chris, you should have never won that title! I sent out Earl here to make sure that you had no chance in retaining! You see Benoit…You’ve been screwed! You crossed me, you crossed Evolution, and most importantly you screwed over McMahon! So, Chris Benoit…YOUR SUSPENDED by Raw until your contract runs out! Benoit, your me first, screw the company will be the end of you! How do you feel Benoit? How does it feel to be treated the same way as your Idol? Benoit, you always say that Bret Heart should have been treated better. You see Chris, you used Heart in your defense so many times, we decided to use you like Heart. Your title rein is over, and your career is over. Benoit…have a nice life!

The crowd boos as SummerSlam goes off the air.

Biggest Pops:

1. Eugene

2. Chris Beniot

3. The Undertaker

4. Eddie Guerrero

5. Chris Jericho

Biggest Heat

1. Eric Bishoff

2. Triple H

3. John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfeild

4. Kurt Angle

5. Booker T

SummerSlam Overall: 85%

Edited by matbar

Pretty decent show, although I'm not sure where you're going with the Benoit/Orton angle. Please don't send Benoit back to Smackdown as he's only been on RAW for a few months.

I'll be interested in seeing what Raven is doing on tomorrow's show.

Smackdown seems a little directionless on the card. Outside of the Jindrak/Dupree victory (which better be a reason to push Paul London...) the matches seemed to fall a little flat.

Good job, anyhoo, looking forward to seeing where you both go with this one.

From Wrestlingrumors.com

The Reason for Benoit Geting Screwed!

We at Wrestlingrumors have been informed that the reason behind Benoit geting "Screwed" is because he'll be out for 6-8 weeks with injury.

This is not 100% confirmed at this point, but it is the most credable report that we have at this time.

WWE Raw Results (8/9): SummerSlam Fallout!

Booked by Matbar

Show: WWE Raw

Date: Monday, August 16th, 2004

WWE Raw Opener:

Raw opened up with a video package showing highlights of the Randy Orton vs. Chris Benoit match from last week, and Benoit getting screwed by Eric Bishoff.

In Ring:

Eric Bishoff’s music hits, and the Raw General Manager makes way to the ring. The crowd boos and Bishoff just smiles. Bishoff gets a mic. Eric Bishoff talks about why he announced Randy Orton the winner of the match. He said that Chris Benoit sold out. He said that Benoit never had the right to be on Raw. He still had a SmackDown exclusive contract, and that Chris Benoit’s reign as World Champion would be erased from the record books. Chris Benoit was never on Raw, and will never be on Raw again.

Screeching tires blare, and the crowd goes wild as Mick Foley’s music hits! The King of Extreme is back! Mick Foley makes his way from the back to a huge pop! Mick gets into the ring, and poses for the crowd as Eric Bishoff wonders what the hell is going on. Mick grabs a new mic, and starts to speak.

Mick: Well, well, well Eric. You surprised to see me?

Eric: Mick, I don’t know why the hell your on my show, and frankly I don’t care. Get out of my ring before I call security!

Mick: Call all you want Eric, but I’m here on official business. You see, a while back, Linda appointed Stone Cold Steve Austin (huge pop) as the Co-General Manager of Raw. When he took his leave of absence, I was appointed his replacement.

Eric: So? What Mick…you want your old job back? Well tough S#!T! This is my show Mick, and nobody’s gonna take it away from me!

Mick: Nobody but Linda McMahon Eric. You see, I never was released from my position. And by order of Linda McMahon, Eric,…I’m back!

Eric drops his mic, and starts throwing punches at Mick. The lights go dark, and a Raven starts crowing…the lights go back on, and RAVEN RETURNS! Raven runs down to the ring (to a huge ass pop) and attacks Eric Bishoff! Raven throws a couple of rights, then a kick to the gut…RAVEN EFFECT! Raven just planted Eric with a huge Raven Effect! Mick Foley raises Raven’s arm as Raw goes to break.

(O: 88%)

When Raw comes back, Test is in the ring ready for his rematch from Heat against Rhyno.

Referee: Jack Doan

Test vs. Rhyno

Rhyno’s music hits, and as he’s walking down the ramp, a replay of Test using the ropes to pin Rhyno on Heat is shown.

The start:

Rhyno and Test lock up. Rhyno powers Test into a corner, and Doan starts counting. At 4 Rhyno lets go, and Test delivers a right into Rhyno’s gut. Test continues to beat on Rhyno, clubbing his back, and knocking him to the ground. Test starts to stomp away on Rhyno. Rhyno crawls into a corner and gets up. Test lines Rhyno up, and goes for the Big Boot, but Rhyno ducks it, and Test gets a crotch full of rope.

Mid-match notes:

The match goes back and forth. Rhyno hit’s a bone crushing gore, but Test gets his feet on the ropes at 2. Rhyno pulls Test away from the ropes and covers again, but gets a 2 count before Test kicks out. Rhyno stands Test up and hits 2 rights then throws him into the ropes. Rhyno tries for a backdrop, but Test counters with a Boot to the Head, and both men go down. Doan counts to 8 before Test gets up, and Test starts to assault Rhyno.

The finish:

Test knocks down Rhyno, and lines him up for the Big Boot. Rhyno slowly gets up, and Test goes for it! Rhyno ducks, bounces off the ropes, and hit’s a HUGE Gore! Rhyno covers…1...2...3! Rhyno gets his revenge!

Winner - Rhyno!

Overall: 85%

Crowd: 81%

Quality: 90%

The Aftermath:

Rhyno is celebrating his win when Test gets up, and attacks Rhyno from behind. He stomps away at Rhyno, then stands him up and nails the Big Boot. Test yells in Rhyno’s face, and leaves the ring.

Backstage:

Mark Lloyd is backstage with Triple H…

Mark: Triple H, last night, Batista turned on you and cost you your match against Eugene.

Triple H: You know what Mark, I’m gonna stop you right there. Your right, last night Batista did turn his back on Evolution, and more importantly me. If It wasn’t for me, Batista would be nothing. I made him, just like I made Randy Orton. If Batista would have listened to me he could be one of the top superstars today, but he turned his back on the game!

Mark: Triple H, Eugene has beaten you two times in a row…

Triple H: That is a fluke! Eugene isn’t competent enough to beat Doink the Clown on a good day. Eugene needs to know how to fight like a man. That’s why, tonight, I asked Eric to make a match…Evolution vs. Eugene. Eugene will wish he’d never been born.

Mark: Don’t you think you’re being a little hard on Eugene? I mean you pretended to be his friend, then took a Sledge Hammer to his real friend and mentor, William Regal…

Triple H stares at Mark, and Mark backs down, then runs away. Triple H looks pissed, then heads into Eric Bishoff’s office.

(82%)

Raw goes to break.

Referee: Charles Robinson

Sylvan Grenier vs. Rosey

We come back to Hurricane’s music, and Rosey comes out alone. We then see a video package featuring Sylvan Grenier and Rosey’s confrontations over the past week including their brawl during the Rob Conway vs. Hurricane match last week on Raw, and the brawl after the match at SummerSlam. La Resistance’s music hits and Sylvan walks down the ramp shouting at Rosey on his way down.

The start:

Sylvain climbs into the ring, and starts to taunt the crowd, but Rosey runs up behind him and clubs him in the back knocking him to the ground. Rosey wails on Sylvain with stomps and falling elbows. The ref pulls Rosey off of Sylvain, and Sylvain stands up. Rosey shakes off the ref, and goes after Sylvain again.

Mid-match notes:

Sylvain starts to get some offence in, but Rosey’s “Super Powers” are too much for him, and Rosey continues his assault. Rosey sets Sylvain up for the Samoan Drop, but Sylvain counters, and rolls Rosey up for 2.

The finish:

Rosey is pissed off, and continues to punish Sylvain. Rob Conway runs out and tries to distract Rosey and the ref long enough for Sylvain to get a chair shot in, but Rosey side steps it, and Sylvain nails Rob! Rosey picks Sylvain up and…SAMOAN DROP! Rosey wins by pinfall!

Winner - Rosey!

The aftermath:

Rob Conway gets up and attacks Rosey, and The Hurricane runs out. Hurricane and Rosey double team him, then Hurricane delivers a leg drop off the top rope as Rosey gives him a backbreaker. The “Super Hero-Plex” knocks Rob out cold. The Hurricane and Rosey celebrate in the ring.

Overall: 72%

Crowd: 71%

Quality: 73%

Update on Regal/Lita:

Jim Ross updates us on William Regal, and Lita. He says that William is recovering, but slowly. He shouldn’t be back until next month at the soonest.

He then talks about Lita, and how she was rushed to the ER right after the Kane/Matt Hardy match ended. Her condition is unknown, so is her baby’s.

Backstage:

Christian and Edge are seen talking backstage with Trish. We cant hear anything except the name Chris Jericho a few times.

(78%)

Raw goes to break

Referee: Michael Chioda

Mark Henry vs. Batista

Mark Henry’s music hits, and the World’s Strongest Man comes out to a mixed reaction. A video package is played showing Batista floor Triple H, and then cost him his match last night on SummerSlam.

Match Analysis:

This match wasn’t even worth writing about. Mark Henry’s ring rust was very obvious, and he no-sold the entire match. Batista did his best to make the match look good, but Mark just plain sucked. He has one strike on him on my 2 strike policy. Expect to see him on Heat for a while, he’s just not ready for Raw yet. Batista ends up winning after Orlando Jordan runs out and accidentally hits Henry. Batista lifts Henry up, and plants him down with a HUGE Powerbomb!

Winner: Batista

Overall: 61%

Crowd: 57%

Quality: 66%

The Aftermath:

Orlando Jordan tries to attack Batista from behind, but Batista overpowers him, and plants a back breaker on him before leaving the ring.

Backstage:

We see a pre taped message from Kane…

Kane: Matt, you better be praying. You better pray that my baby is ok. If my baby doesn’t make it, Lita will suffer the consequences Matt. Lita will go through hell, and she wont make it out the same. Matt you better hope that you didn’t kill my baby, because if you did, the Hell Fire will be after you!

(74%)

We go to break

When we come back,

During the Break:

Chris Jericho is walking to a water cooler (with his kick ass belt) when Edge runs up behind him and starts beating the shit out of him. Christian joins in, and they leave Jericho sprawled on the floor.

Referee: Jim Cordaris

Edge vs. Chris Jericho - Non Title

Edge and Christian walk out to their old “You Think You Know Me” theme, and they hop in the ring and pose to a chorus of Boos. They look very cocky, and wait for Chris Jericho. Jericho’s music plays, and…nothing…Jericho’s music restarts, and still nothing…the ref starts to count as Edge and Christian high five, and laugh in the ring.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...all of a sudden the crowd erupts, and there’s a *CLANG* sound! Christian falls to the floor! Edge turns around and is nailed with the Intercontinental Title! The ref calls for the match to start, but Jericho continues to use the belt as a weapon! He whips Edge with it! Jericho grabs a chair, and drives it into Edge’s ribs! Jericho has snapped, and the crowd loves it! Jericho keeps beating Edge and Christian with the chair, and the Ref calls for the bell, awarding the match to Edge via. Disqualification!

Winner: Edge via. DQ!

The Aftermath:

The ref tries to settle Jericho down, but he gets a chair shot! Arn Anderson, Gerald Briscoe, Pat Patterson, and Sgt. Slaughter run down and restrain Jericho as raw goes to break.

Overall: 90%

Crowd: 96%

Quality: 77%

We come back to Triple H, Randy Orton, and Ric Flair in the Raw GM office with Eric Bishoff.

Eric: Good news guys. My nephew did show up tonight after all. So next, its gonna be Evolution against Eugene!

Evolution is excited, but there is a noise behind them, and a man clears his thought. They all look to the back, and the camera pans back. Mick Foley and Raven are standing at the door!

Mick: I’m sorry Eric, but I have to object. The fans want to see Eugene, but I promised Raven here tonight’s Main Event, so the match will be this. Evolution vs. Eugene and Raven!

Randy Orton gets in Mick’s face, but Raven pushes Randy back, and gets into his face!

Mick separates the two.

Mick: Now, now boys, save it for the ring…your match is next!

Raw breaks for the last time for the night.

We come back for…

Main Event

Referee: Earl Hebner

Evolution vs. Eugene and Raven

Evolution’s music hits, and Triple H, Ric Flair, and the World Champion, Randy Orton make way down to the ring. When their posing for the crowd, we see a video of Triple H attacking William Regal with a Sledge Hammer, then Eugene doing the same to Triple H.

Eugene’s music hits, and the crow goes wild! Eugene runs out, and slides into the ring (a la Edge) and goes right after Triple H!

The start:

The bell rings, and Evolution start to triple team Eugene! Ravens start crowing, and Raven runs down to the ring to try to even the odds! A 5 man rumble starts happening! Triple H and Eugene are going head to head, and Ric and Randy are up against Raven!

Mid-match notes:

after about 5 minutes, the ref gets the match under control, and Raven and Ric are in the ring. Raven throws Ric into his own corner, and Randy makes a blind tag. Raven goes to hit Ric in the corner, but Randy jumps in and takes out Raven! The ref, saying there was no tag, tries to force Randy out of the ring, but Ric yells at the ref saying there was a tag. Ric pulls on the ref, and it pisses Heb off, and Heb kicks Ric out of the match! Evolution is going ballistic! Hebner starts counting, saying if Ric doesn’t leave, All of Evolution will be Disqualified from the match! He gets to 7 when HHH and Orton calm him down, and Ric heads to the back. The match is now even at 2 vs. 2!

The finish:

After 7 more minutes of pure wrestling, Triple H and Randy Orton look to have the upper hand. They’ve been keeping Eugene in the match, and away from his corner. Tripps tags Randy in, and Randy hits Eugene square in the head. Eugene comes to! Randy looks around, and hits him again, and Eugene starts to “Hulk Up” Randy keeps hitting Eugene in the head, but Eugene shows no effect! Eugene plants Randy with a Rock Bottom! Eugene Tags in Raven, but Triple H runs in and goes after Eugene. Eugene takes out Triple H, and He sets him up. Both Raven and Eugene hit a Raven Effect! Raven cover Randy for the pin fall victory!

Winners: Raven and Eugene!

The Aftermath:

Ric Flair starts to run out, but Mick Foley catches him from behind, and knocks him out! Mick, Raven, and Eugene celebrate in the ring as Raw goes off the air.

Overall: 82%

Crowd: 86%

Match: 75%

(Overall Show 82%)

Biggest Pops:

1. Mick Foley

2. Raven

3. Eugene

4. Rhyno

5. Chris Jericho

Biggest Heat:

1. Eric Bishoff

2. Randy Orton

3. Triple H

4. Batista

5. Test

Best Match:

Rhyno vs. Test

Worst Match:

Batista vs. Mark Henry

Feedback please.

Edited by matbar

*note: Raw is on the bottom of Page 2*

Matbar’s After Raw Ramble

Yea, I decided to finally name my column…catchy name, isn’t it?

I’ve gotten a lot of responses about Chris Benoit’s screw job, and let me tell you right now that it’s the best for the company. Benoit decided not to drop the title to Randy, but the entire WWE Creative team talked him into this angle, then a couple of weeks of personal time.

Tonight’s Raw was pulled off nicely…except for the Mark Henry match. He dropped 12 points of overness with the crowd…that’s no typo folks…12! that’s just beyond sad. Expect to see him on Heat for quite a while now.

The one match that really stood out above the rest was Rhyno vs. Test. Wow, what else can I say? These two men are really showing me, and the rest of the world something with their in ring work. I really want to feud them for a while before moving them on to other matches. Their work is amazing, and I have big things in store for both of them.

The fans seem to love Edge as a full blown Heel, and he plays the role well. I expect a lot out of him and Christian. Both are great veteran workers who still have a long career in the ring ahead of them.

Raven’s Debut excited a lot of people, and I don’t think he disappointed. If it wasn’t obvious, he will be working with Mick Foley for a little bit here. I think it’s a great match. Two legends of Hardcore…

I’m interested in what you think, so if you have any questions or comments, hit me up.

Until my next report

Matbar

Edited by matbar

SummerSlam 2004 Review- Lucas Jackson

Well, it is a little bit late for a review on the show from two days ago, but I have been really busy trying to sort out contracts with various workers (more on that later on in the week) and haven't had time to write anything for my website (nor has Matt due to the Raw show).

Many feel that so many workers clicked in their matches- Orton/Benoit, Angle/Eddie and JBL/Taker- and that rematches will take place at future Pay Per View events. The most obvious rematch from the PPV (which has already been announced) is JBL vs. Undertaker for the WWE Championship at Rock Bottom. This match is (more than) likely to be a gimmick match and I shall talk with Mark (Taker) after tomorrow nights Smackdown tapings to see which match he wants to do and I am hoping (very much) that he does not wish to put on another dull Hell In A Cell Match, as I feel that the fans are getting bored of such a tiresome, repetitve match. But we'll just have to see.

Another issue, was how good the two Tag Team title matches were, but Smackdown's tag match was mentioned as one of the best in quite a while. However, both brands feel that the tag division is weaker than weak tea, and that both titles are in need of a revamp. Many backstage at Raw feel that Raw deserves a tag division, while Smackdown does not. However, many on my team (including myself) feel that we need to throw together some of our midcarders that aren't doing anything and put them into the tag division. HOWEVER, this would then limit the singles division which would consequently mean less contenders for the second-level titles (Intercontinental and US) on both shows. It is likely that at the end of month meeting (with both Matt and myself in attendance) that this issue will be first on the list, and will be spoken about passionatley.

Later on I shall meet with two workers who recieved minor injuries from their SummerSlam matches- Rob Van Dam and Spike Dudley- just to check if their OK to wrestle on Smackdown this week. I am hoping that Rob Van Dam is able to wrestle, as I have a BIG plan for him this week.... But you'll have to see Smackdown to find out.

In other news, I can confirm that while one relationship has ended, another has started. Recently released Smackdown diva has ended her relationship with former Smackdown talent, Brock Lesnar. Sable has been rumoured to be going out with HUGE Hollywood star, Tom Cruise. The two were seen at several clubs over the SummerSlam weekend. Sable also expressed that she did not order SummerSlam this weekend, while her old hubby Brock did, and watched it alone at home.

Guest FillerUgliest04

Quick thing. How did HHH win at Summerslam? I read the match and it (If I read right) Eugene won. But then it says:

Winner: Triple H!

Besides that I like this Dupree/Jindrak tag team goin' on. It's looking good. One last thing Is...why is Raven tagged up woth Eugene? Doesn't fit right with me. Besides that, looking good.

oops...may bad...lol. Thanks for pointing that out. its changed now.

I teamed Raven up with Eugene to fight Evolution. Raven is going to have a program with an Evolution member...

Thankyou for your comments/concerns/pointing out my mistakes/pointing out I'm a dumbass...lol...all are appreciated.

Edited by matbar

Matbar’s After Raw Ramble - August 18th 2004

Hello, hello fellow wrestling lovers. I just got back from a Raw House Show, and thought I’d drop you a line. Here are the results to the house show…incase you haven’t read them off some spoiler page already.

The Hurricane pinned Rob Conway

Test beat Rhyno

Trish retained her Woman’s title against Victoria, Jazz, and Gail Kim

The Bashams beat Rodney Mack and Orlando Jordan

Christian beat Mark Henry

Y2J beat Edge by DQ

Raven and Mick Foley beat Ric Flair and Randy Orton

And finally

Triple H beat Eugene

I’m very impressed for the third straight show with Test and Rhyno. These guys are gonna get a huge push before the years over if they continue to put out this kind of quality of match.

The crowd loved Raven, and I’m glad to have him. Raven is a strong leader backstage, and a great all around guy.

Tune in to Heat to see The Bashams take on Rodney Mack and Orlando Jones, The Hurricane square off against Garrison Cade, Trish defend her title against Victoria, and Chuck Palumbo face Val Venis.

Until next time, later.

Wednesday 18th August- Lucas Jackson

The Smackdown tapings went well last night, and I was very pleased with how the main event went, as well as the opening segment. Rob Van Dam was happy with his role in tonight's show as he felt it was similar to his role when the company first started.

Mark (Undertaker) was happy with how his character was portrayed and felt that for the first time since the return of the Deadman at WrestleMania, that people were actually backing him as a credible contender for the belt.

Also, I would just like to confirm that the main event of Rock Bottom (Smackdown's next Pay Per View) WILL be Undertaker vs. JBL for the WWE Championship. However, we still do not have any idea as to what the match type will be, but two options are already out the window (Cage or Hell In A Cell Match) as we feel that both these matches are becoming increasingly overused, and that they should rest in peace.

The highlight of tonight's show will have to be the Cruiserweight match which will set us up for our big match next week (not going to spoil it for you though). All four men did their best, though I felt that someone should have been used instead of Akio, but c'est la vie.

So, I shall leave you with the confirmed matches for tonight's show.

Confirmed Matches:

Billy Kidman & Paul London vs. Mark Jindrak & Rene Dupree in a rematch for the WWE Tag Team titles

#1 Contendership for the Cruiserweight title: Akio vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Noble vs. Rey Mysterio

Charlie Haas, John Cena & Tajiri vs. Booker T & The Dudley Boys

Why all the Akio hate? The man rules...

Not a big fan of the returns of either Foley or Raven on RAW. Foley as an authority just seems out of place now, as we've seen it time and time again. And Raven coming back wasn't necessarily bad, but to see him return as a face was just odd. I'd have rather him come out to the big face pop, than attack Foley as well, just to establish his character as not to be trusted again.

Smackdown 19/8/2004

Montreal, Canada

The opening pyro’s go off and then we see that chairs have been set up in the ring and there is a plasma screen, as well as the American flag in the middle of the ring. We have no idea what it is for, but then we hear the famous music of our WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield as Smackdown opens up. Out comes the white limo with the horns without a scratch, despite being absoloutley destroyed just four days ago at SummerSlam at the hands of the Undertaker. The limo stops at the top of the aisle and then a Mexican man gets out of the drivers cabin and then walks down to the other end and opens up the door, and out steps our WWE Champion, JBL followed by the Billion Dollar Man, Billy Gunn. The two begin to walk down the aisle as the crowd boo them, but the two just smile as JBL gets into the ring. JBL grabs a microphone from Tony Chimmel, and then he begins to speak as his music quitens down with the crowd still booing like hell for our WWE Champion.

JBL: Just four days removed from SummerSlam, and out comes the Great American, John Bradshaw Layfield- STILL WWE Champion. Undertaker, you tried everything to try and beat me four days ago, but in the end, I had to teach you a lesson, and that the only way you can beat me is by disqualification (boos). The fact remains that I could have pinned your ass to the mat at SummerSlam, and I could have easily won the match (boos). But I didn’t feel up to it Undertaker. But what I am even more excited about is the fact that the Undertaker is NOT here tonight ladies and gentlemen (boos) which means that you people won’t be seeing John Bradshaw Layfield wrestle tonight (mixed reaction). However, what you will see is the first in a series of my own talk show. The Great American Show hosted by the greatest American of all time, and your WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield (boos). Now, I’d just like to introduce to you the man who managed to beat the living hell out of Eddie Guerrero last night, the Billion Dollar Man Billy Gunn!

The crowd boo as JBL passes the microphone over to Billy Gunn and he begins to speak.

Billy: Thanks JBL; this really means a lot to me. You see, I have been wrestling for over ten years now, and not once have I had any recognition for anything I have done. If you look at what I have achieved in my long career, yet nobody seems to give a damn. I am an Intercontinental Champion, a WWE Hardcore Champion, the 1999 King of the Ring, and a ten time WWE Tag Team Champion. As a matter of fact, JBL and I have had similar success in the ring. But now we have joined forces, we are even better. Because a few weeks ago, my brother Bart Gunn (small pop) was involved in a horrific car crash and he escaped with only a broken leg. And it made me realise, what if it was me? So later that day I decided for the first time in my life to play the lottery. And last Saturday night I won an undisclosed amount of money, and I am now a millionaire! And together with JBL Enterprises, we are both billionaires (boos). Hence my new name, the Billion Dollar Man (boos). But, more importantly was what happened last Sunday night at SummerSlam. Do you remember Eddie? I hope you do, because I have had enough of living under somebody like you. You weren’t even an American, yet you held the WWE Championship for over three months, holding guys like me down in the process. Cant you see Eddie, that belt should never have been held by you, just like you should never be wrestling in that ring again. And I am going to make sure of that-

“VIVA LA RAZA!”

The crowd go wild as Eddie Guerrero comes down in his low rider. However, we don’t see Eddie’s face as the car has tinted out windows. We then see Eddie come from behind and knock Billy Gunn down from behind and then start pounding away with lefts and rights. JBL tries to get involved but receives an enziguri, which takes our WWE Champion down. Eddie is on fire, until we here the music of our Olympic Hero, Kurt Angle and he makes his way down to the ring and clotheslines Eddie down. Gunn nails the Rich-Ass-Er (as it is now called) on Eddie but then down comes our General Manager, Theodore R. Long as the crowd cheer. Long has a microphone in hand and he climbs into the ring and begins to speak, looking a little bit frustrated with what’s going on.

Long: Holla, holla, holla! You betta hold it right there, playa. Because anyhow anyone of you playas touches Eddie Guerrero again tonight you’ll all be indefinitely suspended (cheers). And JBL, as entertaining as your segment is, it has gone on far too long, and quite frankly, you’re beginning to piss me off. So tonight, even though the Undertaker isn’t here, you will wrestle a match, and you will wrestle with your WWE Championship on the line. And your opponent is Rob Van Dam! Goodnight playas!

Theodore R. Long’s music hits the arena and then the General Manager of Smackdown leaves the stage as JBL, Gunn and Angle just stand there looking angry in the ring. (81)

Billy Gunn gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

We see footage of how Mark Jindrak and Rene Dupree were able to capture the WWE Tag Team titles last Sunday night at SummerSlam as well as unseen footage from Kidman and London’s locker room where London slapped Kidman in the face.

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Rene Dupree & Mark Jindrak © vs. Billy Kidman & Paul London

Kidman and London came down separately, but once in the ring they tried to work as a cohesive unit, and managed to get the early advantage on the champions. The crowd were really behind London, as he nailed a dropsault on Jindrak and landed on Dupree’s face. However, a missed Shooting Star Press sent Kidman to the back with a rib injury. London was shocked, but he still wished to continue the match for his team. It became obvious that London could not keep up with the faster tags from the champions. Dupree didn’t want to pin London after the French Tickler, and Jindrak didn’t want to pin London after the Mark of Excellence, and they wanted to beat the living hell out of the former tag champion. Dupree went and got a chair as the referee was knocked out, but then down came Kidman, injury and all and grabbed another steel chair from underneath the ring and then climbed into the ring. He faced Dupree but then he swerved and hit his own partner, laughing as he did so. Dupree couldn’t believe it as Kidman lifted London, his now former partner to his feet and allowed Dupree to floor London with another lethal chair shot. Kidman then set London up on the top rope and ordered Dupree and Jindrak to get the table, which they did. They set the table up and then Kidman nailed a vicious BK Bomb from the top rope on London through that table as the crowd booed. Afterwards Kidman remained in the ring and celebrated with the tag team champions as the crowd booed and EMT’s and referees came to check on London.

Winners: Rene Dupree & Mark Jindrak at 10:12.

(OR: 87, CR: 83, M: 92.)

Billy Kidman's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Billy Kidman gained 2 points of overness from this turn. The WWE Tag Team titles have gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When we return Josh Matthews is standing by with Rey Mysterio as the crowd cheer.

Josh: Tonight you are involved in a number one contenders match for the Crusierweight title next week. You will be facing three Cruiserweights which you have beaten in the past, Akio, Chavo Guerrero and Jamie Noble. Whatyou’re your chances in going into this match?

Rey: Well-

Spike (from behind): He hasn’t got no chance. Have you Rey?

Rey goes to throw a punch at Spike, but Spike’s older brothers Bubba and D-Von stop him. Spike just laughs at Rey as the three Dudley Brothers walk off in the opposite direction. We then cut to the ring for the next match (85)

#1 Contendership for the Cruiserweight title next week

Akio vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Noble vs. Rey Mysterio

The clear fan favourite in this match was the eight time Cruiserweight champion, Rey Mysterio, but all four men put in an amazing effort to make this an amazing match. It was nice to see Akio’s standing dropkick back, as well as some of the sick selling. Noble was the leader in this match as he managed to eliminate Akio early after the Tiger Bomb from the top rope, which Akio landed right on his head. To add an extra measure, Noble locked in that deadly submission manoeuvre that he calls the Trailer Hitch and Akio had no choice but to submit. Noble however, was soon sent over the top rope himself, and this allowed Rey and Chavo to get in the ring once again. Mysterio nailed the 619 on Chavo, but Noble pulled Mysterio off the apron and then got in the ring and nailed the Tiger Bomb on Chavo and picked up the pin. Noble went straight after Mysterio who was on the apron, but Mysterio spring boarded over with a dropkick, which set Jamie Noble up for the 619. Noble ducked the 619 and then set Mysterio up for the Tiger Bomb, but Mysterio reversed it into a DDT but when he went for the pin, Noble managed to get his foot on the bottom rope. And that’s when our Cruiserweight champion, Spike Dudley (along with his brothers Bubba and D-Von) made his way down to the ring. Spike got in the ring, but was knocked off the apron onto his brothers by Rey Mysterio. Mysterio then climbed on the apron, and went for a spinning Senton on Noble, but when he landed on Noble, Noble locked in an armbar on Mysterio. And just like in an Undertaker vs. Kurt match Mysterio tapped out while the referee counted to three for Mysterio’s pin.

Winner: Jamie Noble & Rey Mysterio by double decision at 14:03.

(OR: 82, CR: 71, M: 94.)

Spike (nor his brothers) didn’t allow the referee anytime to think as they came in the ring and nailed a 3D on Mysterio. But then down came our General Manager, Theodore R. Long with a microphone in hand.

Long: OK, OK. It seems like we have a situation on our hands regarding next weeks match for the Cruiserweight title. So, what we are going to do is this. We are going to have a ten man, over the top rope battle royal, with the winner becoming the new Cruiserweight champion. Now, you best belie that, playa!

Spike cannot believe it, nor can Noble, as next week, Spike has nine other men to defend his Cruiserweight title against!

We cut backstage where we see John Cena talking to a backstage staff member, when he is approached by our United States Champion, Booker T. The two don’t know anything and Booker T continues walking down the corridor as the six man match is next. (86)

Charlie Haas, John Cena & Tajiri vs. Booker T & The Dudley Boys

An interesting, but short six man encounter between the United States Champion and John Cena. Booker T had an advantage of having an experienced tag team on his side, but John Cena had the legitimate athlete, Charlie Haas as well as that Japanese Buzzsaw, Tajiri on his side. Cena and Booker T saw little ring time, as the match was really between Tajiri and The Dudley’s. Tajiri got that blue mist on Bubba in the early going, and that meant that Bubba crawled to the wrong corner to make the tag and received a sucker punch from Cena. Tajiri was vicious with those kicks and managed to kick Bubba a total of nineteen times in the course of the match. When Haas came in the ring he used his amateur wrestling skills to his advantage and managed to nail two German suplexes on Bubba. The match was pretty much back and forth from here, as when Booker T got in the ring he almost kicked Haas’ head off, and took control for a while. When Cena and Booker T finally got in the ring, it truly was back and forth action, with Cena ducking the scissors kick, and then Booker T landing on his feet after an FU attempt. Booker T went for the Houston Hangover on Cena, but Cena moved out of the way and managed to get to his corner and tag in Tajiri. Tajiri then nailed the Buzzsaw kick on Booker T and got the pin over the United States Champion to win the match for his team. Afterwards Team Cena celebrated in the ring while Team Booker scurried up the ramp.

Winners: Team Cena at 09:23.

(OR: 81, CR: 78, M: 84.)

We cut to the announce desk where are joined by our hosts for the evening, Michael Cole and Tazz.

Cole: We have had some amazing matches so far tonight, and our main event is next!

Tazz: But what is scary is how we could have a new WWE Champion just days after SummerSlam.

Cole: And that match is next!

We cut to the back where we see various employees running for their lives like they are being chased by something. The camera then turns and we see the Undertaker walking into the arena as the crowd go wild! (100)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

John Bradshaw Layfield © w/ Billion Dollar Man Billy Gunn vs. Rob Van Dam

It was obvious that JBL didn’t want to be here, and that he knew that the Undertaker was in the arena, as he kept looking at the ramp every few seconds, checking to see whether or not the Deadman was in the arena or not. This allowed the challenger, Rob Van Dam to get the early advantage. However, JBL used his strength and size to his advantage as he managed to duck many of RVD’s kick and then set him up for the clothesline from hell. However, before contact the lights went out and the crowd cheered, but nothing happened. And when the lights returned to normal JBL was down on the floor, and RVD was on the top rope looking for the Five Star Frog Splash. However, Billy Gunn climbed onto the apron and sent RVD flying off the top rope with a dropkick, sending him face first into the barrier. Gunn then nailed the Rich-Ass-Er on RVD on the outside and began to laugh.

Winner: Rob Van Dam (DQ) at 06:19.

(OR: 86, CR: 85, M: 87.)

Billy Gunn climbs into the ring and then he joins JBL and the two laugh. But the lights go out and this time they stay out. We here the chimes and then a lightning bolt hits the ring, and we see that Billy Gunn is knocked out. JBL starts slapping Gunn round the face, but Gunn is out for good. We here the second chime, and then down comes the Undertaker as the crowd go wild. Taker walks down the aisle as JBL shouts and screams for him to stop. Taker climbs into the ring and he raises the lights as JBL goes straight onto the attack. He has the advantage at first, but Taker soon gets it back and chokeslams JBL right onto the mat as the crowd cheer. JBL rolls out the ring and tries to get back in his limousine, but the doors are locked, and the limo starts driving off. Taker is out the ring and knocks JBL down with a Big Boot and then sends him over the barrier with a clothesline. The two begin exchanging right hands as they make their way through the crowd, eventually ending up near the announce table, where Taker sets JBL up for the tombstone as Cole and Tazz flee into the crowd. The Deadman tombstones JBL through the table and the crowd go wild as the Deadman climbs into the ring and celebrates with the WWE Championship as Smackdown (scarily) comes to an end with the crowd on its feet. (95)

Quick Match Results:

WWE Tag Champions Rene Dupree & Mark Jindrak def. Billy Kidman & Paul London

Akio vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Noble vs. Rey Mysterio ends in a double decision between Mysterio and Noble

Charlie Haas, John Cena & Tajiri def. Booker T & The Dudley Boys

Rob Van Dam def. JBL (DQ)

Biggest Pops:

1. Undertaker

2. Rob Van Dam

3. John Cena

4. Rey Mysterio

5. Paul London

Most Heat:

1. JBL

2. Kurt Angle

3. Booker T

4. Billy Gunn

5. The Dudley Boys

Overall Rating: 86

Best Match:

Rene Dupree & Mark Jindrak vs. Billy Kidman & Paul London

Worst Match:

None, they were all pretty much the same.

Edited by Lucas Jackson

Thursday 19th August 2004- Lucas Jackson

After watching Smackdown last night in my hotel room in Montreal, I have to say that the crowd were really into the show, and JBL (for the first time in his reign as champion) actually got some decent heel heat. Also, Billy Gunn is really getting over with the fans, and he didn't even wrestle tonight.

Incase you guys haven't guessed, there will be a BIG Billy Gunn vs. Eddie Guerrero feud coming up in the (near) future, and it will result in a big push for the Assman. It will be interesting to see how this feud goes. Many fear that it may have to be cut short, but I don't believe that that's the case, as Billy has proven himself to be a good worker- when he wants to be.

Many people enjoyed the addition of a Piper's Pit like talk show (The Great American Show) and feel that JBL is a good host, especially as the WWE Champion. It serves a double purpose in my eyes, one to allow a JBL segment every week, and two to be Smackdown's answer to Raw's Highlight Reel since Piper's Pit abruptly ended.

The main event and brawl, while it kind of ignored RVD was still good for RVD's limelight, and has put him on the map as a credible challenger for the title in the future, especially after a DQ win. The brawl really continued the JBL/Taker feud, and sets up our main event for Rock Bottom nicely. Though we do not know what the match will be.

Billy Kidman's turn is nice, and next week in the Cruiserweight Battle Royale we have a HUGE surprise for him, that he will find out at the tapings next Tuesday. We have been trying to find Kidman a manager for weeks now, and we have finally found one, who will debut next week on Smackdown. I cannot hint at the feud Kidman will go in as it will spoil next weeks Battle Royale for oyu, but it will be a nice addition to the Rock Bottom card.

That's it for this week really, tomorrow I have a day off and so I am spending time at an autograph signing meeting the fans.