WWE: Return To Greatness

WWE Raw News: August 19, 2004

Despite protests by Jim Cornette and Teddy Long, Mark Henry was fired today after refusing an assignment to Ohio Valley Wrestling.

Henry had just recently returned from injury, and was very sloppy in the ring. Mat Bar and other WWE Officials gave him the option of going to OVW or being relesed. Henry, the 2002 "Worlds Strongest Man" declined the offer to OVW, and his contract was terminated.

To fill his spot on Raw, the WWE signed Ron "Faarooq" Simmons to a new deal.

Simmons was cut from the WWE Roster a few months back after he refused to get help for his alcohol problem. After spending 5 weeks in rehab, Vince McMahon offered him his job back, and Ron accepted.

Simmons is known for being stiff in the ring, but he is an established ring vetren, with a record including a rein as WCW Champion and a 4 time WWE Tag Team Title holder, will be used for his leadership more then his in ring talent.

user posted image - Fired

user posted image - Signed

Edited by matbar

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron's gonna return as a Manager role. I don't have any plans for him wrestling in the near future, and he's much cheaper then Henry, who would be a expencive bench warmer for me.

Also, I'm sorry for not replying about your conserns with Raven. I have a long term plan for him, and it does not include Foley...I cant go into much detail without spoiling.

Thankyou for your comments.

Well, this is a good diary, but I have just one thing to say...

The Denver Donkeys? Oh, that was low. That was REALLY low. Elway went out winning two Super Bowls. But that's Lawler for you.

Other than that, good diary. Keep it going. I love the results, they're very in-depth.

Velocity 21/8/2004 (Taped: 17/08/2004)

Montreal, Canada

The opening pyro’s hit the arena and the Montreal crowd are wild as we go to the ring for our first match.

The Dudley Boys w/ Spike Dudley def. Rico & Steven Richards

In this short squash match, the current Cruiserweight champion, Spike Dudley allowed his brothers to nail the 3D on a returning Rico after Spike attacked him on the outside. Afterwards all three Dudley’s just beat the living hell out of Rico and Richards.

(OR: 78, CR: 74, M: 83.)

We then see footage from Smackdown, this time the premiere episode of The Great American Show.

Out comes the white limo with the horns without a scratch, despite being absoloutley destroyed just four days ago at SummerSlam at the hands of the Undertaker. The limo stops at the top of the aisle and then a Mexican man gets out of the drivers cabin and then walks down to the other end and opens up the door, and out steps our WWE Champion, JBL followed by the Billion Dollar Man, Billy Gunn. The two begin to walk down the aisle as the crowd boo them, but the two just smile as JBL gets into the ring. JBL grabs a microphone from Tony Chimmel, and then he begins to speak as his music quitens down with the crowd still booing like hell for our WWE Champion.

JBL: Just four days removed from SummerSlam, and out comes the Great American, John Bradshaw Layfield- STILL WWE Champion. Undertaker, you tried everything to try and beat me four days ago, but in the end, I had to teach you a lesson, and that the only way you can beat me is by disqualification (boos). The fact remains that I could have pinned your ass to the mat at SummerSlam, and I could have easily won the match (boos). But I didn’t feel up to it Undertaker. But what I am even more excited about is the fact that the Undertaker is NOT here tonight ladies and gentlemen (boos) which means that you people won’t be seeing John Bradshaw Layfield wrestle tonight (mixed reaction). However, what you will see is the first in a series of my own talk show. The Great American Show hosted by the greatest American of all time, and your WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield (boos). Now, I’d just like to introduce to you the man who managed to beat the living hell out of Eddie Guerrero last night, the Billion Dollar Man Billy Gunn!

The crowd boo as JBL passes the microphone over to Billy Gunn and he begins to speak.

Billy: Thanks JBL; this really means a lot to me. You see, I have been wrestling for over ten years now, and not once have I had any recognition for anything I have done. If you look at what I have achieved in my long career, yet nobody seems to give a damn. I am an Intercontinental Champion, a WWE Hardcore Champion, the 1999 King of the Ring, and a ten time WWE Tag Team Champion. As a matter of fact, JBL and I have had similar success in the ring. But now we have joined forces, we are even better. Because a few weeks ago, my brother Bart Gunn (small pop) was involved in a horrific car crash and he escaped with only a broken leg. And it made me realise, what if it was me? So later that day I decided for the first time in my life to play the lottery. And last Saturday night I won an undisclosed amount of money, and I am now a millionaire! And together with JBL Enterprises, we are both billionaires (boos). Hence my new name, the Billion Dollar Man (boos). But, more importantly was what happened last Sunday night at SummerSlam. Do you remember Eddie? I hope you do, because I have had enough of living under somebody like you. You weren’t even an American, yet you held the WWE Championship for over three months, holding guys like me down in the process. Cant you see Eddie, that belt should never have been held by you, just like you should never be wrestling in that ring again. And I am going to make sure of that-

“VIVA LA RAZA!”

The crowd go wild as Eddie Guerrero comes down in his low rider. However, we don’t see Eddie’s face as the car has tinted out windows. We then see Eddie come from behind and knock Billy Gunn down from behind and then start pounding away with lefts and rights. JBL tries to get involved but receives an enziguri, which takes our WWE Champion down. Eddie is on fire, until we here the music of our Olympic Hero, Kurt Angle and he makes his way down to the ring and clotheslines Eddie down. Gunn nails the Rich-Ass-Er (as it is now called) on Eddie but then down comes our General Manager, Theodore R. Long as the crowd cheer. Long has a microphone in hand and he climbs into the ring and begins to speak, looking a little bit frustrated with what’s going on.

Long: Holla, holla, holla! You betta hold it right there, playa. Because anyhow anyone of you playas touches Eddie Guerrero again tonight you’ll all be indefinitely suspended (cheers). And JBL, as entertaining as your segment is, it has gone on far too long, and quite frankly, you’re beginning to piss me off. So tonight, even though the Undertaker isn’t here, you will wrestle a match, and you will wrestle with your WWE Championship on the line. And your opponent is Rob Van Dam! Goodnight playas!

Theodore R. Long’s music hits the arena and then the General Manager of Smackdown leaves the stage as JBL, Gunn and Angle just stand there looking angry in the ring. (87)

Saturday 21st August 2004- Lucas Jackson

I just finished watching Velocity, and from what I saw it looked like a good show. However, it was VERY different at the show. The crowd didn't really dig the Kenzo/Holly match and so that was moved and shown BEFORE the Billy Gunn and Rey Mysterio match, which was then bumped to the main event, and the crowd seemed to like it. Holly had a lot to say about that, and how we shouldn't edit anything, even if it sucks. I asked Holly if he watched the match, and got no reply.

I met with Holly before I watched the show in my hotel room, and he has demanded a push, just like Billy Gunn. I refused and said that with a new series of Tough Enough coming up he was more than likely to be needed for that. Holly agreed, but said that he wanted to retire soon. I said that he could have his last match on Smackdown this week, with a loss to Billy Gunn. He agreed and left my hotel room.

Speaking of Gunn we confused him by saying that the promo that he did on Velocity on Tuesday backstage would air this week before his match. But it will actually air on Smackdown this week.

Elsewhere on Velocity, we had to edit out a few racist remarks that were made during the Cruiserweight tag match because while they weren't heard by all they were heard by the competitors and I felt that it was the right thing to do.

Speaking of Velocity, I met with Shannon Moore today about he's current situation. For those of you who don't know Shannon suffered an ankle injury at a recent house show in a match with Akio. Shannon injured his ankle after being sent over the top rope with a back body drop and landing awkwardly on his ankle at the start of the match. Nevertheless Shannon continued the match and still managed to pick up a victory after the Mooregasm. Shannon's doctor has said that he will miss up to nine weeks of ring action, but could be sooner due to his age. We wish Shannon a quick recovery and hope to see him back in the ring soon.

Well, I'm off to bed now, really tired, and they want me to be at the Raw show on Monday, so tomorrow is my only day off and I need to get some sleep. See ya folks.

Edited by Lucas Jackson

Sunday August 21st - Sunday Night Heat

Heat opens up to...

Screeching tires blare, and the crowd goes wild as Mick Foley's music hits! The King of Extreme is back! Mick Foley makes his way from the back to a huge pop! Mick gets into the ring, and poses for the crowd as Eric Bishoff wonders what the hell is going on. Mick grabs a new mic, and starts to speak.

Mick: Well, well, well Eric. You surprised to see me?

Eric: Mick, I don't know why the hell your on my show, and frankly I don't care. Get out of my ring before I call security!

Mick: Call all you want Eric, but I'm here on official business. You see, a while back, Linda appointed Stone Cold Steve Austin (huge pop) as the Co-General Manager of Raw. When he took his leave of absence, I was appointed his replacement.

Eric: So? What Mick you want your old job back? Well tough S#!T! This is my show Mick, and nobody's gonna take it away from me!

Mick: Nobody but Linda McMahon Eric. You see, I never was released from my position. And by order of Linda McMahon, Eric, I’m back!

Eric drops his mic, and starts throwing punches at Mick. The lights go dark, and a Raven starts crowing the lights go back on, and RAVEN RETURNS! Raven runs down to the ring (to a huge ass pop) and attacks Eric Bishoff! Raven throws a couple of rights, then a kick to the gut RAVEN EFFECT! Raven just planted Eric with a huge Raven Effect! Mick Foley raises Raven's arm as Raw goes to break.

Edited by matbar

Tuesday August 24th 2004- Lucas Jackson

The Smackdown tapings went well tonight, and our main event, the steel cage match between John Cena and Booker T went off well and will definitely be one to watch.

No JBL or Taker, as I have given both men a week off, but Billy Gunn was in action, and his matches are really improving. Nice to see Hardcore Holly back on our TV screens as well. It will be interesting to see how Rock Bottom starts shaping up, especially with a main event already signed.

However, with all that good news, there had to be some bad news, and today there is quite a lot. Firstly, Shannon Moore is having surgery on his ankle and it is confirmed that he will be out for about three months. We just hope he doesn't milk his injury like Rikishi did, otherwise he too could find himself on the unemployment line.

And secondly, Rob Van Dam was again unhappy, as he will yet again be Mr. Saturday Night, taking a backseat from Smackdown action this week. I have confirmed him that he shall have a match for Rock Bottom, even if it is a rematch against Kenzo Suzuki.

Speaking of Kenzo Suzuki, his match went down well with the crowd tonight, and the crowd are really starting to see him as a credible US title contender, which is what all the writers want, so is a good thing.

Also, the Cruiserweight battle royale was spot on, and should be an excitng match to watch. I spoke to all ten men involved before hand, and they were really happy going into the match, which is a good thing.

That's it for today though, and you'll have to wait until Thursday to check out the results. See ya then!

*Note: Sorry that this isn't as good as previous Raws...My wrist is killing me...lol*

Monday August 23, 2004 - Monday Night RAW!

Show: WWE Raw

Date: Monday, August 23rd, 2004

WWE Raw Opener:

Raw opens up with a video replay of last week when Raven and Mick Foley returned.

The Raw video plays, and Pyros explode as Jim Ross welcomes us to Raw!

A-Train vs. Val Venis

"Hello Ladies" is heard all around the arena, and the crowd pops with excitement as Val Venis makes way to the ring. We see a replay of Val defeating Chuck Palumbo on last night’s Heat.

Train Sirens blare, and A-Train makes way down to the ring. He climbs in, and taunts the crowd. Val attacks A-Train from behind, and the match starts.

The start:

Val starts beating on A-Train from behind, but A-Train turns into the beating, and pushes Val off. Val gets back up, and starts going after A-Train again, but A-Train knocks Val down again. A-Train starts taunting the crowd, and "Shave Your Back" chants are shouted all around the arena. Val gets up, and behind A-Train, and delivers a dropkick to the back of the knees, forcing A-Train to kneel. Val quickly gets up, and delivers a dropkick to the head of A-Train.

Mid-Match Notes:

Val continued to hold control in the match by keeping the behemoth of a man on the mat. Val went for a leg drop on A-Train, but Train rolled aside, and Val went ass first into the ground. A-Train gets up, and picks Val up and gives him a bone crushing Powerslam, and covers for 2 before Val kicks out. A-Train gets into the ref's face, and Val slowly gets up, and runs up behind A-Train and rolls him up 1...2...A-Train powers out of it.

The Finish:

Val gives A-Train a couple of shots to the knees and the gut, then climbs the ropes! Val goes for a Missile Dropkick, but A-Train catches him in mid air! A-Train nails the Derailer for the pinfall!

Winner: A-Train!

The Aftermath:

A-Train celebrates in the ring as Raw goes to break.

Overall: 76

Crowd: 70

Quality: 82

When we come back, "I'm Back, and Better than ever!" hits the PA, and Co-General Manager Eric Bishoff makes way to the ring to a "You Screwed Chris" chant.

In Ring:

Eric Bishoff: Last week, Mick Foley (pop) and Raven (pop) came onto my show, and made a fool out of me, and Evolution! At Unforgiven, Evolution's Randy Orton will face Raven for the World Title (big pop), but Randy asked for Raven tonight! So, live, tonight on Raw, it will be Raven verses Randy Orton in a Non-Title bout! And, as requested by Mick Foley, the winner of tonight’s match will chose the stipulation for Unforgiven!

Overall: 79

Eric Bischoff lost 2 points overness from this segment.

Rhyno's music hits, and the Man Beast runs down to the ring with a Bat in hand. Eric Bishoff freaks, and runs from the ring. Jim Ross announces that the next match will be a Hardcore Match appointed by Mick Foley.

Hardcore Rules

Test vs. Rhyno

Match Start:

Test's music hits, and he ran down to the ring with a Tire Iron in hand. He swings, but Rhyno hits Test with the Bat first, and the bell rings.

Mid-Match Notes:

Weapons are thrown around throughout the entire match. Rhyno goes for a gore, but Test pulls out a stop sign, and Rhyno goes head first into it. Test stands Rhyno up, and goes for the Big Boot, but Rhyno collapses, and Test goes balls first into the ropes.

The Finish:

Rhyno pops up, and waits for Test to turn around...GORE! Rhyno lands the Gore for the pinfall!

Winner: Rhyno!

Overall: 86

Crowd: 82

Quality: 90

Update on Lita

Jim Ross regrets to inform us that Lita's baby has in fact, died.

Kane is shown backstage throwing everything in sight around, and he swears he'll get revenge on Matt Hardy.

Overall: 76

Rosey and Stacy w/ The Hurricane vs. Sylvain and Gail Kim w/ Rob Conway

La Resistance's music hits, and the Tag Team Champs come to the ring, accompanied by Gail Kim.

"Stand Back" Hits, and Rosey runs down and attacks Sylvain, and Stacy walks down to the ring.

The Start:

Rosey and Sylvain start in the ring. Rosey grabs Sylvain from behind, and hits a Belly-to-Back Suplex, gets up, and starts stomping away on him. Rosey picks Sylvain up for a Powerbomb, but Gail gets into the ring, and kicks Rosey in the back on the knee, causing him to drop Sylvain right on top of himself.

Mid-Match Notes:

After a beating, Sylvain finally makes the tag to Gail, and Rosey is forced to tag out. The crowd roars as Stacy enters the ring for the first time in months. Stacy and Gail lock up, and Stacy throws Gail to the mat, then delivers a stiff stomp to Gail’s midsection.

The Finish:

After a few minutes of mediocre women's wrestling, Gail tags in Sylvain. Sylvain doesn’t wait for Stacy to tag, and attacks her! Rosey jumps into the ring, and starts beating down Sylvain! Rosey throws a punch...But hits the ref! The ref calls for the bell, awarding the match to Gail and Sylvain!

Winners by Disqualification: Sylvain Grenier and Gail Kim!

The Aftermath:

Rosey flips! Rosey takes out the Ref, then Sylvain, and Rob Conway! Rosey is destroying everything in site! Road Agents and Refs run down as Raw goes to break.

Overall: 61

Crowd: 68

Quality: 48

Rosey gained 1 point overness from this match. Gail Kim gained 1 point overness from this match. Sylvan Grenier gained 1 point overness from this match.

When we come back, Kane is still rampaging. People are running away, but Eric Bishoff runs up to Kane...

Eric Bishoff: KANE! Kane calm down right now! I know you want Matt Hardy, but he's unable to wrestle for quite some time...Kane!

Kane grabs Eric by the neck...

Eric Bishoff: *Wheezes* Kane...K..ane...You can have a match to...tonight

Kane lets go, and Eric coughs...

Eric Bishoff: Tonight...it will be...Kane...vs...Eugene! And that match is next!

Raw goes to another break.

Overall: 88

Kane vs. Eugene (By order of Eric Bishoff) HBK return, attacks Kane

The Start:

Eugene looks freaked as The Big Red Monster makes his way into the ring, and spends the first 2 minutes of the match avoiding him. Kane stops, and lightens up...He smiles, and offers Eugene a hug. Eugene looks confused, and you can hear Kane saying "I'm your friend Eugene...I won't hurt you." Eugene smiles, then goes to hug Kane. Kane grabs Eugene by the neck, and hits a monstrous Chokeslam! Kane picks him up again, and goes for the Tombstone Piledriver...

The Finish:

There’s commotion in the crowd, and someone jumps the barrier! Its HBK! Shawn Michaels is back with a Vengeance! HBK hits some Sweet Chin Music on Kane, and he falls backward, and Eugene falls on top of him for the pinfall!

Winner: Eugene!

Kane sits up, and stares into the eyes of Michaels. Kane goes to pick up Eugene, but Shawn pulls him out of the ring. Shawn yells at Kane as we go backstage...

Overall: 77

Crowd: 78

Quality: 77

Kane lost 1 point overness from this match. Eugene Dinsmore gained 4 points overness from this match.

In the Locker Room:

Edge and Christian are seen backstage...

Edge: I knew you couldn't stay mad at me for too long bro.

Christian: Dude, how could I? We're brothers man.

Edge: Bro, we have to find a third man for our match tonight. I'm all for taking on Y2J alone, but he has 2 other guys lined up for the match.

Christian: Don't worry dude, I got it under control...Check this out.

Christian leaves for a second, and when he comes back, Batista is right behind him.

Christian: Meet the third man bro.

Edge: Sweet...

Overall: 84

The Countdown begins, and the Intercontinental Champion makes way down to the ring, accompanied by Maven and Shelton Benjamin, and the crowd goes nuts!

Y2J, Maven, and Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge, Christian, and Batista

Match Analysis:

Great all-around match. The fans just ate up the return of Maven and Shelton. Team Jericho had the upper hand the entire match...until Batista was tagged in. Batista went about destroying everybody, then hit his Sit Out Powerbomb on Shelton for the win.

Winners: Edge, Christian, and Batista!

The Aftermath:

Edge and Christian get in the ring to celebrate with Batista, but Batista attacks them. Batista ends up hitting Powerbombs on both of them before Raw goes to break.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 79

Quality: 77

When we come back...

During the Break:

Backstage Raven is getting ready for his match with Randy Orton, when Evolution break down his Locker Room door, and jump him. Raven fights Ric and Randy off, but Triple H was too much for him. Triple H hit a Pedigree, then started yelling in Raven's face. Triple H is hit on the head with something, and the camera zooms out to see Mick Foley with a 2X4! Mick runs Evolution off, and checks on Raven...

We go back live where Evolution is still backstage. Ric and Randy are helping Triple H to the medic when Batista walks up. Batista stares in the eyes of Ric

Batista: Evolution was dominant because of it's power. Now look at you...your all weak. *points to Ric* I'm gonna take care of you...at Unforgiven!

Overall: 94

Raven gained 2 points overness from this segment.

Raven vs. Randy Orton (Non-Title)

Match Analysis:

Good match, and Raven really got over. This was almost a PPV quality match. Both men gave it their all. Randy got way over as a heel. Raven won after Ric Flair ran out, and accidentally hit Randy Orton with a pair of Brass knuckles.

Winner: Raven!

The Aftermath:

Ric goes after Raven again, but gets hit with the Raven Effect! Mick comes out and announces that the main event for next week will be, Ric Flair and Randy Orton vs. Raven and Mick Foley!

Overall: 89

Crowd: 94

Quality: 79

Raw goes off the air.

Show Overall: 81

Biggest Pops:

1. Raven

2. HBK

3. Mick Foley

4. Rhyno

5. Stacy

Biggest Heat:

1. Kane

2. Randy Orton

3. Triple H

4. Ric Flair

5. Batista

Best Match:

Rhyno vs. Test

Worst match:

Rosey and Stacy vs. Sylvain and Gail Kim

Smackdown 26/08/2004

Fresno, CA

The show opens with the usual pyro, and then we cut to the announce desk where we see our hosts for the evening, as always, Michael Cole and Tazz.

Cole: Hello everybody and welcome to Smackdown, LIVE from Fresno, California.

Tazz: And this crowd is on their feet, and what a main event we have for you tonight.

Cole: Booker T vs. John Cena in a fifteen foot high steel cage, tonight on Smackdown.

Tazz: I can’t wait.

Cole: But first, the long awaited debut of Heidrenreich.

We see footage of Heidenreich on the titantron, and then we see the man himself appear on the stage, alongside Paul Heyman. The crowd boo as Heyman makes his way down to the ring with his new client looking angry. Heyman and Heidenreich climb into the ring and then Heyman grabs a microphone and the boos begin as Heyman begins to speak.

Heyman: For weeks now, people have been watching Smackdown, looking around at the competition. We see the Undertaker (HUGE pop) who has been challenging for the WWE Championship, a thirteen year veteran and a legend inside that ring in many ears. You then see an athlete to the calibre of Kurt Angle (boos). Whether you like it or not, there isn’t much that Kurt Angle hasn’t done. He is an Olympic Champion, a WWE Champion, Intercontinental, European, Hardcore, Tag Team and the 2000 King of the Ring. And then you look even further, and you find our WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield (boos), the winner of the Kurt Angle Great American Award, the man who currently holds three straight victories over Eddie Guerrero, and already holds a victory- via disqualification- over the Undertaker. But all these men are nothing to my new client, who is standing before you now. And I am the man who once was in charge of athletes to the calibre- and size- of the Big Show (cheers), Brock Lesnar (boos) and the great American himself, Kurt Angle (boos). I only manage the best, and out of my entire back catalogue of clients, Heidenreich has to be my favourite. And tonight, he shall prove why he is the top dog of Smackdown. So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Heidenreich!

The crowd boo loudly as Heyman passes the microphone over to his client, who begins to speak.

Heidenreich: So, bring me my first sacrificial lamb!

Heyman: You heard him, bring out Heidenreich’s first opponent!

“TURN IT UP” hits the arena, and the crowd give a decent pop as Scotty 2 Hotty makes his way out onto the stage and makes his way down to the ring. Heyman and Heidenreich have HUGE smiles on their face as a referee makes his way down to the ring and the match officially begins. (92)

Paul Heyman gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Heidenreich gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Heidenreich vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Nothing more than a squash match here, with Scotty barely getting a move in. Heidenreich is a monster, no doubt about that, and he nailed some impressive moves on the all selling Scotty. Heidenreich nailed an impressive powerbomb to pick up the three count to end this match a little prematurely. The fans wanted to see more, and they got just what they asked for. Heyman stood on the apron and yelled something at Heidenreich, before sliding a trash can into the ring. Heidenreich then rubbed salt into the wounds by flying off the top rope with a big splash on Scotty as Heyman just laughed on the outside. Stomach-churning stuff.

Winner: Heidenreich at 03:45.

(OR: 68, CR: 61, M: 76.)

Heidenreich gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Cole: What a match that was!

Tazz: What a debut by Heidenreich!

Cole: But coming up next, we have the Cruiserweight battle royal!

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Battle Royal

Participants: Akio w/Sakoda, Billy Kidman, Jamie Noble, Juvi Guerrera, Nunzio w/ Johnny Stamboli, Paul London, Rey Mysterio, Spike Dudley © w/ The Dudley Boys and Tajiri

As usual this match started out as a brawl and Akio was first out after a back body drop from former friend, Tajiri sent the Japanese superstar over the top rope, and he landed on Sakoda.

London and Kidman started fighting it out in the corner, as Mysterio nailed the 619 on Tajiri in the middle of the ring, moments later and London sent Kidman flying into Tajiri, knocking him off the apron. Tajiri wasn’t originally eliminated, but Akio pulled him off the apron and the two began brawling around the ring.

In the ring Juvi and Kidman started to double team on London, and were trying everything to get him eliminated, when in came Nunzio. D-Von pulled Nunzio’s foot, and then he was sent over the top rope by the Cruiserweight Champion, Spike Dudley. However, it would be Nunzio to have the last laugh, as the referee saw the distraction by D-Von and sent Spike’s brothers to the back. Meanwhile, in the ring new Cruiserweight on the block, Juvi Guerrera was sent over the top by a hurricanrana by Rey who was on the apron.

Kidman swept London off his feet, and then went for the Shooting Star Press, but only got knees. London then went up to the top rope, but Noble climbed and went for the Tiger Bomb from the top rope, off the apron, sending London over the top. Kidman capitalised on this, and dropkicked Noble off the apron.

Meanwhile, Rey caught Spike Dudley coming off the top rope, and then sent the current- now former- Cruiserweight Champion onto the apron, and then knocked him off with a guillotine.

Mysterio then faced his opponent, Billy Kidman, and the crowd were really behind Rey, as the two multi-time Cruiserweight champions locked up in the centre of the ring. Rey had the advantage, but down came the Dudley Boys to collect their brother, Spike who was still on the outside. They then knocked the referee’s out, as Kidman smiled. London, who was also still on the outside, climbed onto the apron as Kidman set Mysterio up for the BK Bomb. Kidman saw London on the apron and knocked him off, sending his former friend and tag team partner into the barrier as the crowd booed. Mysterio then sent Kidman over the top with a dropkick, but there was no referee. Kidman climbed back on the apron as The Dudley’s climbed into the ring. They nailed the 3D on Rey, and then Kidman sent Rey over the top rope as the referees were just coming to their senses and called the bell, as we have a new Cruiserweight Champion!

Winner: Billy Kidman (New Cruiserweight Champion) at 12:13.

(OR: 76, CR: 73, M: 81.)

The WWE Cruiserweight title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When we return we see replays of what just went down in the ring with Billy Kidman becoming the new Cruiserweight champion. We then cut to the back where we see Eddie Guerrero hanging out, he is approached by Kurt Angle, and the two exchange looks, and then Angle finally begins to speak.

Angle: So, Eddie, it looks like the fans all want to see a match between Angle and Eddie next week on Smackdown. But that just isn’t going to happen (boos). You see, I just spoke to Mr. McMahon, and it’s going to be a Handicap Match, me and my brother, Eric Angle versus Eddie Guerrero next week on Smackdown LIVE from Sacramento, California (cheap pop). You see Eddie, I can cheat too.

Angle walks off as Eddie looks angry. Meanwhile, Kenzo Suzuki is making his way down to the ring. (98)

Kenzo is in the ring, along with his (gorgeous) wife, Hiroki. She has a microphone and the crowd boo as she begins to speak.

Hiroki: Today, Mr. Suzuki cannot speak as he has an operation in his mouth. So, he has asked me to speak for him. Tonight, Kenzo Suzuki has challenged the “legitimate athlete” Charlie Haas to a match. Kenzo Suzuki would like you all to watch the match carefully, as you may be looking at your new United States Champion-

Kenzo snatches the microphone from his wife, and then he holds his throat as he begins to speak.

Kenzo: God…. Bless…. America!

Kenzo drops the microphone and then Charlie Haas, along with Miss Jackie and Rico makes his way down to the ring.

Charlie Haas w/ Miss Jackie & Rico vs. Kenzo Suzuki w/ Hiroki

Another short match for Smackdown tonight, but it was a more solid effort overall from Kenzo Suzuki, who is yet to impress the fans. Kenzo has picked up a few new (impressive) moves, which he tried out on Haas. An impressive superplex from the top gave Kenzo immediate control of the match. However, all three outsiders got themselves involved a lot though Kenzo didn’t seem to mind as Hiroki threw the powder in the eyes of Miss Jackie. Rico then went to check on Miss Jackie as Kenzo rolled a shocked Haas up and got the win. Afterwards Kenzo looked like he was going to attack Haas again, but he just smiled and then made his way to the back celebrating with the crowd as the fans looked puzzled at Kenzo’s heroicness.

Winner: Kenzo Suzuki at 05:25.

(OR: 75, CR: 69, M: 82.)

Kenzo Suzuki gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Cole: Another interesting match there, and another big win for Kenzo Suzuki there.

Tazz: But why didn’t he attack Haas after the match. And what is with that smile?

Cole: Well, I’m not sure about that Cole but coming up next, highlights from the past weekend, featuring the Billion Dollar Man, Billy Gunn and John Bradshaw Layfield!

We see Billy Gunn and JBL entering various casinos and gambling with various girls, we see JBL dancing, and Gunn winning lots of money. We then see the Billion Dollar Man making his way down to the ring. (89)

When we return Billy is in the ring, and has a microphone in hand as the crowd boo him as he begins to speak.

Billion Dollar Gunn: Tonight I challenge my former friend, and tag team partner, Hardcore Holly (small pop). And I have to say that I’m not impressed with the under booking of such a fine talent like myself (boos). And as far as Eddie Guerrero (pop) goes, anytime any place, but I understand that you are a little busy next week in that Handicap Match with Kurt Angle and his brother. But when you think you can handle me, and then give my agent a call, I left my number on your car- next to the speeding ticket. But back to my opponent for tonight, Bob Holly. He isn’t even in my league. I mean, I am a former King of the Ring, a person who has been in the main event at SummerSlam before, and has come this close to becoming WWE Champion before. I am also THE most decorated tag team wrestler of all time winning ten WWE Tag Team Championships. I have also been an Intercontinental Champion, as well as a Hardcore Champion. And what has Bob Holly done for himself? Nothing. He debuted as Spark Plugg (pop) for crying out loud! But enough of the insults, time is money, and although I have a lot of it, I can’t waste my time talking to low-lives like you, and Bob Holly, especially Californian low-lives (boos). So, Bob, just come out here and do your job, lay down to me, and then we should be fine (boos). And I don’t want to here a word from you ignorant Californians (boos) either! I am a billionaire-

Hardcore Holly’s music hits the arena and he comes out to a decent pop from this Californian crowd, he has a microphone in his hand and he begins to speak as the crowd quieten down.

Hardcore Holly: Since you seem to think that you’re so tough, how about you fight in MY sort of match (small pop).

Billion Dollar Gunn: What are you talking about?

Holly: What I am trying to say is this: Let’s make this match a Hardcore Match (HUGE pop)!

Billion Dollar Gunn (after a short hesitation): You’re on!

Holly runs down the ramp and then gets the match started as the crowd go wild.

Hardcore Match

Billion Dollar Gunn vs. Hardcore Holly

The first match to last long enough for the fans to truly enjoy it. An interesting encounter between these two, and a return to form for Holly, in his first good match since returning to the ring- last November. It was nice to see a worker doing something that he does well. Holly gave it his all, and it was a surprise to see Gunn taking some shots as well. The match went outside on the hot streets of California, before returning backstage and going into the locker rooms. Holly seemingly had the match won, but Gunn low blowed Holly and then nailed the Fame-Ass-Er right on the concrete in the car park as the crowd were shocked. Gunn covered immediatley, and got the three. However, Holly didn’t let Gunn escape easily; the two brawled around for a while, exchanging words (as well as right hands) before finally being separated by referees.

Winner: Billion Dollar Gunn at 12:24.

(OR: 79, CR: 76, M: 83.)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When we return we cut to the announce table, where we join Michael Cole and Tazz, ready for tonight’s US title match.

Cole: Well coming up next, our main event. The second match in a series of five. The first one at SummerSlam ended in controversy, with both men scoring a point each. If Cena can win this one, he can go 2-1 against Booker T.

Tazz: And that’s got to be a good thing.

Best Of 5 Series Match #2- Steel Cage Match

United States Championship

Booker T vs. John Cena

Booker T knew what the stakes were, whoever won this match would become the favourite to win the competition, and he tried everything that he could to try and pick up a win over Cena tonight, but it just didn’t work. An entertaining Steel Cage Match, which involved a top rope FU, as well as the referee being knocked out by a stiff kick from Booker T halfway through. Booker T nailed the scissors kick on Cena, and seemingly had the match won, but there wasn’t a referee, but Booker began scaling the cage and reached the top as the crowd booed as loud as they could. Cena soon got to his feet, and brought the Bookerman back into the ring and the two started exchanging right hands in the middle of the ring. Enter the Dudley Boy’s. D-Von knocked the referee out on the outside while Bubba climbed into the ring as Cena set Booker T up for a second FU. Bubba got in the ring and started pounding away at Cena before hitting the Bubba Bomb on Cena. Bubba climbed back over, as Booker covered- and got a two count. Booker then lifted Cena up to his feet, but Cena pushed him away, and nailed the FU on Booker out of nowhere and made the cover. Bubba tried to climb back over, but the referee counted to three, and declared John Cena the winner of the match. Bubba and Booker went straight after Cena, but got floored with the US championship belt. Cena celebrated in the ring as Smackdown came to and end with the crowd on their feet and Cena 2-1 over Booker T.

Winner: John Cena at 13:45.

(OR: 86, CR: 90, M: 77.)

The United States title has gained in image.

Overall Show Rating: 82

Quick Match Results:

Heidenreich def. Scotty 2 Hotty

Billy Kidman wins the Cruiserweight Battle Royal to become the new Cruiserweight champion

Kenzo Suzuki def. Charlie Haas

Billion Dollar Gunn def. Hardcore Holly in a Hardcore match

John Cena def. Booker T in a Steel Cage Match

Biggest Pops:

1. Rey Mysterio

2. Eddie Guerrero

3. John Cena

4. Paul London

5. Hardcore Holly

Most Heat:

1. Kurt Angle

2. Billion Dollar Gunn

3. Booker T

4. The Dudley Boy’s

5. Kenzo Suzuki

Thursday 26/08/2004- Lucas Jackson

After watching Smackdown this week, you could tell that it wasn't exactly my best show. But I needed to sell the injuries that both the champion and challenger received after that horrific brawl last week on Smackdown. Naturally, both men will be back wrestling next week on Smackdown.

However, this time off for JBL was much appreciated, as this has been the tightest, toughest schedule that he has worked in his career. Undertaker however is used to it, as he has been doing this kind of work for years. So, the main event for Rock Bottom should shape up nicely, with a stipulation to be slapped on this baby as soon as possible.

Another program that is continuing nicely is the Gunn/Eddie feud, which should be on the card for Rock Bottom. However, it is believed that Kurt Angle will be involved in this match as well. But whether it will be a wrestling role or a non-wrestling role fails to be seen. The debut/return of Eric Angle should be interesting to watch, and Kurt has been training his brother for the past two months to ensure that they are both perfect in the ring, as last time Eric was in the ring he was a little green. Nevertheless, next weeks Smackdown main event, will be Angle's last match on Smackdown for a while, due to that nagging neck.

Speaking of injury, Scotty 2 Hotty suffered minor injuries going into his match with Heidenreich last night, and feels that something needs to be said about Heidenreich working too stiffly in the ring. Kevin Dunn will speak with John (and Paul) later on today and get back to me over the weekend.

And as far as Heidenreich goes, I can't see him as a big addition to the Smackdown roster, and with the JBL/Taker storyline continuing into Rock Bottom, I can't see him getting a feud with the Deadman. The fact is, he is still a little green in the ring, and has debuted way too early in my eyes. I may actually go as far as to send him straight back down to OVW for some (urgent) improvement. However, he is scheduled to have a few matches in the next week, but after that he shall be reviewed. And it's not looking good for the big man at the moment.

The Cruiserweight's were really happy with how the Battle Royal went down, and felt that everyone took sufficient bumps, and that the match was really fast paced. London and Kidman actually got reactions, which makes a change. Mysterio was the favourite to win at the start of the match, but Kidman was also top on the bookies list as well. So Kidman is starting reign number eight with the title, and this time it should work as he has a manager coming next week who I have just signed a contract with.

Speaking of contracts, I have signed Billy Gunn to a ten-year contract, as I feel that he is a big draw for the future.

Rob Van Dam is set to main event Velocity this week against Sakoda, and Sakoda is really improving in the ring. RVD feels that he's main event push will never come, but there is always a possibility. A turn for RVD at this point is inevitable.

That's it for today really, not much more to say. I am off to Portugal for a well deserved holiday this Saturday, so this may be my last time speaking to you all. But I'll see you again.

Does Billy Gunn really have 10 years left in him?

Seriously, both of this week's shows were decent, although I'll give the edge to RAW for quality. Still not sure about some of the storylines on RAW (especially a title shot for a FACE Raven...) but all in all a solid program. Smackdown was WEAK. Don't know how you couldn't fit RVD on to that pathetic show. JBL should have at least had a "live via satellite" segment on the show, as dropping the World title feud for a full week seems silly to me.