General Television Thread

Hellfire

So I'm finally getting around to Boardwalk Empire and I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not watching it earlier. I was excited going into the premiere of the show a couple years ago but something prevented me from going back to it after the pilot and now I realize how much of a mistake that was. On the plus side, this means binge watching and that's really the best way to watch TV shows.

I'm not GoGo but we talked about this in the thread before that it doesn't seem likely because the ratings are shit. The fact that Fox ordered more eps early in it's run may suggest they want to keep it though so who knows.

Also, someone brought this up on Twitter the other day but Ben & Kate is a tremendous bridge (style-wise) between Raising Hope and New Girl, which may help it as well.

Yeah man, I hear ya', Nielsen ratings are the worst. I think what you described could come sooner than you think but it will depend on how well Netflix does in 2013 with their TV series plans.

I'm still shocked that we are a month away from the year 2013 and the television industry still lives and dies on the sampling of 1% of the TV viewing audience. I'm puzzled why, with how basically all TV is digital these days that we can't get a better representation of the actual audience and DVRs, online viewing and stuff like Hulu Plus can't be factored in to the actual number. Like, the only network show that I actually watch as it airs is "How I Met Mother" because it records at the same time as the beginning of RAW and with only two DVR tuners, my wife would rather watch that than RAW.

I was the first one to sing Ben and Kate's praises! Probably along with GoGo! :angry: I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope that it doesn't get cancelled. I really enjoy it and the theme song is fantastic.

Apartment 23 is on the same list, by the way.

I want to start watching a new serie that I haven't watched yet. Maybe you guys know some series? I have seen:

Castle

Supernatural

Sons of Anarchy

Community

Modern Family

Grimm

Boardwalk Empire

The Wire

Prison Break

The Office

The Walking Dead

Justified

Breakout Kings

Breaking Bad

Spartacus

Game of Thrones

And I was wondering are there more people here intersted in Banshee? I liked the trailer.

I want to start watching a new serie that I haven't watched yet. Maybe you guys know some series? I have seen:

Castle

Supernatural

Sons of Anarchy

Community

Modern Family

Grimm

Boardwalk Empire

The Wire

Prison Break

The Office

The Walking Dead

Justified

Breakout Kings

Breaking Bad

Spartacus

Game of Thrones

And I was wondering are there more people here intersted in Banshee? I liked the trailer.

Yeah I'm intrigued by Banshee. Cinemax seems to be putting together a decent lineup of shows.

Based on that list some other shows you may like:

Chuck

Parks & Rec

Happy Endings

Archer

Californication

Psych

White Collar

Suits

Leverage

The West Wing

The Sopranos

Friday Night Lights

Strike Back

The Vampire Diaries

Castle

Supernatural

Sons of Anarchy

Community

Modern Family

Grimm

Boardwalk Empire

The Wire

Prison Break

The Office

The Walking Dead

Justified

Breakout Kings

Breaking Bad

Spartacus

Game of Thrones

Once Upon A Time. Like Grimm, but better. :shifty:

Also the last two episodes of Last Resort were fantastic.

I think I'm gonna start watching Mad Men and Leverage, thanks!

Good choices. Mad Men is the best show to emerge in the last couple of years and Leverage is just really fun.

Started watching Freaks and Geeks. I love it already and James Franco's mannerisms are almost identical to one of my friend's when he's really really drunk.

With Mad Men, I'll give the same preface that I give to people watching The Wire for the first time; you have to give it a few episodes to really figure out if it's for you or not, because its plotting and pacing is so different from everything else on TV, and it doesn't have sudden gunfights or whatever. But yeah, it's my favorite show. Such a great character study.

Mad Men/Leverage is an interesting combo of shows to be watching at the same time because they're pretty much polar opposites; Mad Men is great, nuanced long-term storytelling, and Leverage is full-on quirky character, zany plot procedural stuff. Only ever seen the first season of Leverage, though, which was was generally at worst fun enough and at best a pretty good forty-minute heist movie. Second season will pop up on my queue sooner or later.