General Television Thread

Hellfire

Started watching Freaks and Geeks. I love it already and James Franco's mannerisms are almost identical to one of my friend's when he's really really drunk.

Absolutely fantastic show. Everyone who hasn't seen it, go watch it.

Question for those watching Homeland.

Everybody was saying how great it was until something happened in the last 1-2 episodes. Is the series worth watching? Because I was totally going to start, but I'm apprehensive now.

Everybody was saying how great it was until something happened in the last 1-2 episodes. Is the series worth watching? Because I was totally going to start, but I'm apprehensive now.

The series is amazing. The main thing people dislike about the latest episodes is that in those heavy thriller style action (which is sometimes implausible) is favored over the character drama that makes the show so great and appealing. But those episodes are still probably better than a lot of other shows (and I didn't mind them at all) and the character moments are still there. There is no other show like it (at least that I can think of).

Season one of Homeland is fantastic television. Season two starts as fantastic television and sort of works its way down to more being pretty good.

It's a Showtime show, though, so it's probably going to go another six seasons and get really awful.

Season one of Homeland is fantastic television. Season two starts as fantastic television and sort of works its way down to more being pretty good.

It's a Showtime show, though, so it's probably going to go another six seasons and get really awful.

Pretty much this. The issue that people had with season one's final episodes (and therefore, whether those issues were valid) can't really be discussed without significant spoilers, so I'd just say watch it and make your own call.

Started watching Freaks and Geeks. I love it already and James Franco's mannerisms are almost identical to one of my friend's when he's really really drunk.

Absolutely fantastic show. Everyone who hasn't seen it, go watch it.

Watch Undeclared too!

There's only four more episodes of Ben and Kate left and I'm not sure I can deal with that loss. :(

What a cruel world we live in, where Two and a Half Men gets to live and Ben and Kate are left to die.

There's actually nine more left. You need to stop going by IMDb. :P

TV giveth, and TV taketh away.

We lose Ben and Kate and keep Two and a Half men. We get Yvonne Strahovski side boob and get terrible Dexter episodes.

• Like 1

The series is amazing. The main thing people dislike about the latest episodes is that in those heavy thriller style action (which is sometimes implausible) is favored over the character drama that makes the show so great and appealing. But those episodes are still probably better than a lot of other shows (and I didn't mind them at all) and the character moments are still there. There is no other show like it (at least that I can think of).

The show kind of nowhere turned into a 24 type show, which was very off base from what it was. The first season and a half are worth the plot turns that make no sense and the most recent episode was a back to basics episode of what Homeland usually is.

I'm not sure I would call an episode where

Abu Nazir, the mysterious shadow cell leader, turns into a slasher villain in the sewer

full-on back to basics, though at the same time it was much closer than it has been in the weeks prior.

I'm not sure I would call an episode where

Abu Nazir, the mysterious shadow cell leader, turns into a slasher villain in the sewer

full-on back to basics, though at the same time it was much closer than it has been in the weeks prior.

It beats...

The episode where the CIA suddenly stops monitoring the cell phone of a confessed terrorist the minute that operation ends, which allows said terrorist to roam freely around the Vice Presidential residence and allows said terrorist to commit the crime he wanted to a year before. Oh yeah, Dana Brody literally crying over spilled milk makes me hate television. I'm hopeful for a Season 3 where she's in a CIA Black Opps Prison that doesn't technically exist and Peter Quinn tortures her for no good reason