General Television Thread

Hellfire

I'm not sure I would call an episode where

Abu Nazir, the mysterious shadow cell leader, turns into a slasher villain in the sewer

full-on back to basics, though at the same time it was much closer than it has been in the weeks prior.

It beats...

The episode where the CIA suddenly stops monitoring the cell phone of a confessed terrorist the minute that operation ends, which allows said terrorist to roam freely around the Vice Presidential residence and allows said terrorist to commit the crime he wanted to a year before. Oh yeah, Dana Brody literally crying over spilled milk makes me hate television. I'm hopeful for a Season 3 where she's in a CIA Black Opps Prison that doesn't technically exist and Peter Quinn tortures her for no good reason

I actually like Dana. Yes, her plot came totally out of nowhere and was a bit silly, but I think her reactions to it really made up for it and added an interesting perspective to the show. And the spilled milk thing was just her emotions boiling over and had nothing to do with the milk :shifty:. And I liked her meltdown. I agree though that a fair number of things took a turn to the implausible in regards to the main story, but I'm willing to look past that if we see more character moments because they are just that good.

Wow. It's like my post from earlier was a prediction of the future. Except it got a bit jumbled and turned out to be "A single mom sitcom from the creator of Two and a Half Men that'll do far better than it should." will live on, whilst Ben and Kate fades away.

Just... I just hate TV, guys. I love some of the shows, but I hate TV.

Help me Netflix-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope. :(

I also don't think the overarching story needed to be overarching. They could've easily wrapped it up in a couple of seasons and then moved onto something else while still maintaining the status quo of the series.

So much better. I mean, I enjoyed the pilot enough (I found it pretty slow but was engaged enough to continue watching) but it just gets progressively better. Season 1 as a whole is pretty good but there's no existing words in the English language to describe how awesome it is from Season 2 and on.

I will say that fr34k is ultimately right because I've grown to appreciate the pilot more after re-watching it but I do remember not being immediately drawn in the first time.

So much better. I mean, I enjoyed the pilot enough (I found it pretty slow but was engaged enough to continue watching) but it just gets progressively better. Season 1 as a whole is pretty good but there's no existing words in the English language to describe how awesome it is from Season 2 and on.

I will say that fr34k is ultimately right because I've grown to appreciate the pilot more after re-watching it but I do remember not being immediately drawn in the first time.

I thought it was slow too. Like you, I want to keep watching. The entire first season is on Virgin's on demand service, so I'll watch that at the very least.

Also, I remember liking the pilot of The Mindy Project, but the show is reaaaaaaaaaally not good.

Is that Mindy Kaling's show? I haven't seen it, but I've heard her comedy and seen a bit of her on the Office, and really not good is just about what I'd expect.

That's the one. I thought the pilot was messy but also had really fun moments. Then it went down to below average, and in the last couple of weeks it's just been terrible.

Edited by fr34k

So, I normally hate procedurals (bar Castle) but I recently started watching Elementary and it's pretty solid. I think having not seen Sherlock has helped me from unfairly comparing the two but it's surprising nonetheless because like I said, procedurals usually aren't my thing.

I agree! I'm actually really growing to like Elementary. I was just saying to fr34k on Facebook this morning that the last two episodes in particular really show off why procedural detective shows can be good fun.

Well, once the episodes stopped being all, "It was about the money! IT WAS ABOUT THE MONEY!" and had other motives, it definitely got more interesting, that's for sure. Not that the episodes where it wound up being about money were bad, but one does appreciate a change of pace now and then.