General Television Thread

Hellfire

To branch off what GoGo just said RE: Boardwalk, Season 3:

Agreed, and as GoGo pointed out back when this was fresh, Gyp's death came at the hands of Nucky's political maneuvering, which helps solidify Nucky as a truly exceptional foe.

Boardwalk Season 3. RE: GoGo and Juice...

I didn't think about the beach thing, but that's not really much of a callback, certainly not a poetic enough end for a character who was so tremendously layered and had plenty of key flaws that would have been a more fitting end.

I really wanted it to be Gillian Darmaty that killed him, perhaps after he did something unforgiveable to one of the girls after feeling disrespected.

As I say, it was just an anticlimax. As far as re-watches go, it'll probably hold up okay, but in the moment it just doesn't feel like the right person killed him, nor in the right way.

Guys, I've now watched the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad, in full. I'll be starting Season 4 soon.

Quick, someone find me a legal way to watch Part 1 of Season 5! Doesn't AMC do catch-up marathons for this sort of thing? Is there a way to know when that's happening?

I again must give props to Elementary. I just watched the episode from a week ago and they've really hit a good groove when it comes to telling serialized mysteries.

I again must give props to Elementary. I just watched the episode from a week ago and they've really hit a good groove when it comes to telling serialized mysteries.

I missed last week's because I forgot to DVR it, but this week's was pretty good too.

Guys, I just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Guys, I just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Fantastic stuff, right? Also, you can buy episodes of season 5 off Amazon or iTunes. They're $1.99 a pop on iTunes, so you'd be paying like $15 or something for all 8 episodes of the first half of season 5.

Also, you can buy episodes of season 5 off Amazon or iTunes. They're $1.99 a pop on iTunes, so you'd be paying like $15 or something for all 8 episodes of the first half of season 5.

Nah, free and legal or nothing. I'm currently banking on AMC re-airing Season 5 Part 1.

And I'm not gonna go too deep into my thoughts on what's happened so far (I just now woke up after a poorly conceived midday nap after a poorly conceived being awake since Friday), but I will say that the final 4 episodes of Season 4 are just astonishingly good.

2 things I wish people would point out more often about this show:

1) It goes for realism, but not naturalism. It is highly theatrical and that's by design. It should not be compared with shows like The Wire. That's not a comment on quality, nor do i hear a lot of people using the 2 shows in the same sentence, but I think such a distinction gives a much better idea of what the show is like.

2) It's a great drama, yes, but it's also extremely funny. I was not expecting that at all, and I wish that had been pointed out to me sooner.

Just watched the pilot of Malibu Country. Seems like a variation on Reba's self-titled series, but with Lily Tomlin, no teenage pregnancy, and the idiot teenager being Reba's actual son. Still amusing, although if they keep doing the, "Lily Tomlin is a stoner! Laugh!" bit, I may get turned off.

Just watched the pilot of Malibu Country. Seems like a variation on Reba's self-titled series, but with Lily Tomlin, no teenage pregnancy, and the idiot teenager being Reba's actual son. Still amusing, although if they keep doing the, "Lily Tomlin is a stoner! Laugh!" bit, I may get turned off.

They do, also those are my same thoughts about the show.