General Television Thread

Hellfire

I again must give props to Elementary. I just watched the episode from a week ago and they've really hit a good groove when it comes to telling serialized mysteries.

Yeah, it's definitely starting to hit it's groove and if last week's episode is any indication, it's gonna be a tremendous groove.

SHAMELESS IS BACK!

Hooray! I love this show so damn much.

I wish Fiona and Jimmy could just be happy.

:( God damn drug lords.

Yeah

I kinda hated that because it seems like such an obvious plot device solely to create unnecessary conflict between them. I guess I should be glad it's not just another love triangle though.

Also didn't like Deb missing Frank so much because it seemed pretty out of character. Though I did like how everybody just continued on as normal when he came in and she was the only to really react.

I don't know, I'd say Deb has always been the only one to really still think of Frank as worth a damn. They've highlighted it in the past that she's his favorite (or, as much of a favorite as Frank can have, when he doesn't really care about any of them too much) and she's always seemed like she really wants to be part of a real family, so she's naively forgiving of her parents. It's why she was a big part of the stuff with Frank and Monica. I really hope the Fiona work stuff works out. Them needing money is such a huge part of the show, that I feel like this stuff probably never will, but there's something about these characters that makes me really want them to be better off. I think it's why I like Shameless so much, I don't just like all the characters, but I actually care about them. I want them to do well! Apart from Frank. BIH Frank.

Also the extra scene was great. "Thank you Sheila!" :P

Yeah I suppose, I guess I just thought that she'd be a little more wise to it after what happened last season with Monica. It felt like a retread of that story.

Yeah I want her to start doing well too. I do think that at some point, some of the characters have to start succeeding or else it's just going to become repetitive and pretty boring.

Yeah that end scene was pretty great.

As if I didn't need reason to like Elementary enough, last week's episode included the line "An Arsenal fan. As if I didn't need yet another reason to despise you." Well done, Elementary.