General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 3/28/2017 at 13:41, Cloudy said:

I forgot that James Avery is dead. :(

And the original Aunt Viv took to social media to badmouth the cast and bitch about things after that was posted. She's even threatening to do a tell all book or movie.

Ummm, right. Because no one reputable would be willing to publish a tell all book or do a tell all movie from the point of view of a bitter has-been that no one's missed or given a fuck about in 20+ years.....

Netflix just changed to a shitty thumbs up/down system instead of five star ratings. Shitty, because it removes nuance in how much you will like something significantly. Shitter because it seems to have erased four years worth of show and movie ratings I had built up which were a fantastic gauge of how much I would like a show.

EDIT : It seems to have kept them in the history of ratings, but there is no way to switch back to star ratings, which sucks. Me liking Shawshank Redemption as my favourite movie of all time for five stars and me enjoying a background binge of a season of The League for three stars are very different "likes".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Benji said:

Netflix just changed to a shitty thumbs up/down system instead of five star ratings. Shitty, because it removes nuance in how much you will like something significantly. Shitter because it seems to have erased four years worth of show and movie ratings I had built up which were a fantastic gauge of how much I would like a show.

EDIT : It seems to have kept them in the history of ratings, but there is no way to switch back to star ratings, which sucks. Me liking Shawshank Redemption as my favourite movie of all time for five stars and me enjoying a background binge of a season of The League for three stars are very different "likes".

This is my very favourite Benji complaint ever.

7 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I'm going to pretend you are really into Family Feud. 

Family Feud wishes they could produce the amazing stuff that Feud is. Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon playing two of Hollywood's Golden Era faded stars in the sixties might be the best thing that happened to TV this year so far.

• Like 1

It's been a great week for TV so far. Big Little Lies had a very satisfying finale, Feud and the Americans both had killer episodes and Brockmire is really cool and Hank Azaria is perfect in it. Granted, the greatness of the week may diminish once I watch this week's Prison Break :shifty: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broken Cloudy said:

Since I've been on a Bob Ross kick lately, I came across this.

Young Bob Ross?

Would.

You're telling me that Bob Ross wasn't born with an afro and beard? I don't beleive you. This has to be fake news. :angry:

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

It's been a great week for TV so far. Big Little Lies had a very satisfying finale, Feud and the Americans both had killer episodes and Brockmire is really cool and Hank Azaria is perfect in it. Granted, the greatness of the week may diminish once I watch this week's Prison Break :shifty: 

So far the only episodes of TV I've watched this week that I didn't like was Last Man on Earth and Modern Family. Besides that, it's been pretty amazing, especially Feud, Big Little Lies and AoS. 

Plus, I still have iZombie, The Last Kingdom and Riverdale this week to get through :) 

I honestly never watched Spartacus but I think a fair chunk of EWBers were really into it while it was airing.

I think everyone should have at least one fun pulpy trash show that they watch. My dad and I are doing a weekly thing where we watch three or four episodes of a TV show in one sitting and right now we're doing season 1 of Banshee, and it's really hitting those buttons for me.

4 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I honestly never watched Spartacus but I think a fair chunk of EWBers were really into it while it was airing.

I think everyone should have at least one fun pulpy trash show that they watch. My dad and I are doing a weekly thing where we watch three or four episodes of a TV show in one sitting and right now we're doing season 1 of Banshee, and it's really hitting those buttons for me.

I was just about to start on Banshee! It's been highly recommended to me by people I know who didn't like it but are certain I would...