General Television Thread

Hellfire

Same, but I think it has a lot to do with the familiarity of some of the stuff that's about to happen. We know there's going to be an idiot antagonist, the femme fatale, the good and brave cop, the underworld links, the massive murder that'll set the whole season in motion. It's all become a little too familiar.

I'm super-into this week's thusfar, where I was only into bits and pieces of the last two. Gloria and Varga are the highlights early on, whereas I'm disappointed thusfar with Nikki because she's too reminiscent of Peggy Blumquist and not even Mary Elizabeth Winstead can compare favorably to how much I enjoyed Peggy.

Also, there's a thread for this :P

On 5/3/2017 at 06:29, Benji said:

New Master of None, new It's Always Sunny and new Kimmy Schmidt this month on Netflix. Earning my £6 a month and then some.

Not really applicable to you, but holy cow, Netflix. Besides the three mentioned above, they've got I Love Dick coming out, new season of Bloodline AND new season of F is for Family. Apparently Netflix doesn't believe I need to work. Or do anything else but watch Netflix, for that matter.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Oh I didn't know about new F is for Family. That was a nice way to spend 3 hours in season 1. What date is that?

According to my TV show app thingy, it's May 30th, 10 episodes this season.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, LarsLars said:

Episode 2 of American Gods was great too.

That show is off to a great start! 

It is for sure but wow, holy boners!

Orlando Jones killed that monologue at the start, though. Never thought I'd see him just chew up scenery like that but he did and it was glorious.

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ruki said:

What kinda show is American Gods?

Did you watch Supernatural, and if so you know how every once in a while they'd do a depicition of a God? I really liked those episodes. American Gods is based on the premise that there are Old Gods who are essentially losing to New Gods because their power is based on belief - and the New Gods are formed around things like the internet, television, stock market, etc.

That's very high level but if the idea grabs you in the slightest, I'd jump on it asap.

• Like 1

About the final scene in the most recent epidose of Grey's Anatomy

Spoiler

What the fuck was that? Why the hell did Edwards set that guy on fire? There was no guarantee that he would catch on fire. The scalpel was right there. Why didn't she stab the guy? She could have gone for his throat. That probably would've incapacitate the guy. Also before this scene the guy could barley stand alone and had a injured liver. She probably just could've pushed the guy to the ground and kicked him in his liver or his balls when he turned his back on her. They were so many things she could've done that don't involve setting the guy on fire! And why didn't the guy throw away the his makeshift I.V. pole torch and got out of his clothes as soon as he noticed that she was dousing him with alcohol? He just stood there and waited for himself to catch on fire. And why for the love of god would you run and try to drag the burning guy away from the gas tanks he is crawling towards? Why did she not take cover like the little child did? Also how did no one see this go down? Don't they have security cameras in this hospital? This entire scene was ridiculous even by Grey's Anatomy standards!

Also the way they handled Karev going after Jo's abusive husband she ran away from was awful. There was no build-up to it this season. They build that up so much toward the end of last season but then dropped it almost entirely after Karev beats up DeLuca because he thinks DeLuca was assaulting Jo. I think the only time it was brought up was when Jo finally confessed to Karev that she was still married early on this season. But after that it wasn't mentioned at all. I have no idea what promoted Alex to go after him now. Especially when he just got away with assaulting someone (although given the circumstances I can't blame him). Karev and Jo never even had a conversation after the charges against him were dropped. In fact we haven't seen much of Jo at all this season after the incident with Karev and DeLuca was resolved. I'm also curious as to how they continue this. I doubt this will be the last time we see Jo's abusive husband. I dread that they will go the obvious but clichéd route of him coming to Seattle, charming everyone there so Jo doesn't tell them about the abuse because she fears they won't believe her and then shows his true colors when he is alone with her. That has already done a million times. But I have no idea how else they can resolve that issue. 

Edited by Hellraiser