General Television Thread

Hellfire

4 hours ago, livid said:

All the more reason for it to be brought back. Bigger potential to market to exploit for profit. 

My point is that any existing IP can be brought back because that's what networks and studio do now. Nothing is sacred. 

I can't wait for the return of Family Matters, then the Wonder Years, then Doogie Howser, because everything from the 80's/90's has to exist again in the 2010's. <_<

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DennisStamp said:

I can't wait for the return of Family Matters, then the Wonder Years, then Doogie Howser, because everything from the 80's/90's has to exist again in the 2010's. <_<

Don't give them any ideas. :(

4 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

The only thing that needs to return from Family Matters is the theme song.

"It's a rare condition, in this day and age.."

To read any good news on the newspaper page!

• Like 1

Netflix are doing a Dark Crystal prequel tv series.

Grey's Anatomy

That was a great Season finale to a otherwise disappointing season. Unbeleivable that this show has been going on for 13 seasons. 2 more seasons and they will be on par with E.R. season-wise.

Spoiler

So the Minnick plotline seems to be done. I still have no idea what the point of that was. First Chatherine Avery does a complete heel-turn on her husband for no apparent reason and bullies Bailey into removing him as the head of the training program and replacing him with Dr. Minnick. Then the Attendings try to stir up a mutiny because of that and Minnick kills a child due to her inexperience. Then the mutiny dies down, Richard and Chatherine make up and they try to makes us sympathize with Minnick and make her Dr. Robbin's new love interest leading me to think that she might join the main cast. Then they have her act like a tool again in the last couple of episodes, fire her in the finale and reinstate Dr. Webber as the head of the training program. This whole thing didn't accomplish anything. Everything will be back to normal come next season.

The whole plotline regarding Jo's abusive husband and Karev tracking him done didn't lead to anything yet. I thought that maybe her husband would follow Karev back to Seattle. But with everything going on in this episode that probably would've been overkill. But I still doubt that last episode will be the last we see of her husband. He will be back next season for sure.

So Hunt's sister who went M.I.A. more than a decade ago is still alive. That wasn't much of a surprise. As soon as they brought that up when Dr. Riggs arrived in Seattle I knew that they would eventually find her. As it turns out she was held captive by rebels just two miles from the army outpost where she, Riggs and Hunt were stationed. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle this. Hopefully it's not going to be like that time when Bailey had crippling OCD for a month or two that was never mentioned before and has never been brought up again since that plotline ended. Sucks for Meredith though. She finally decided to let Riggs into her life only to find out that his former girlfriend who was assumed dead is still alive.

My opinion on the situation with Edwards hasn't changed. There were many options for her to get out of that situation without setting the guy on fire and causing half the hospital to burn down.

And apparently Pierce fell in love with Jackson Avery. I didn't pick up on that at all.

And Amelia Shepherd finally acts normal again. They really have to do a better job of explaining what she went through in her stint in the spin-off "Private Practice". Otherwise her behavior makes no sense to those who haven't watch it.

Did season 1 of F Is For Family have as much nudity as the trailer for season 2? I counted numerous pairs of boobs in the trailer for S2, as well as one swingin' penis tip. 

I don't remember, but I also binged all 6 episodes in one night like.. two years ago. Guess I'll have to go back to it before season 2 comes out!

I can't believe I missed this, but Black-ish is getting a spinoff called College-ish, that follows Dre and Bow's daughter Zoey to college. It's been ordered to series by Freeform, the former ABC Family.

Hahah, I watched some Gossip Girl recently and it's glorious trash - I probably would've kept with it as a fun thing to watch if there wasn't so many episodes. 

Been watching a fair bit of TV recently - The Young Pope and Big Little Lies were both excellent; the former is particularly crazy and the latter is just overflowing with great acting. I was a big fan of Little Boy Blue on ITV about the murder of Rhys Jones - really delicately told and filmed in a way that's more cinematic than standard TV. Currently started re-watching Twin Peaks and am also three chapters into The Decalogue, which is already hands-down one of the best things I've ever watched. 

Samurai Jack finale:

Spoiler

Neither one of Ashi or Jack stopped for 5 seconds to think "hey, if Jack kills Aku in the past, then there is no future the way we know it"? C'mon, y'all. 

I did like all the callbacks. The dog archaeologists. The woolies. All the people of Earth that Jack saved, rallying to save Jack and give him a chance at defeating Aku. All in all, it was a fitting end to the show I thought.