General Television Thread

Hellfire

Latest Twin Peaks:

This week was amazing with a whole heap of movement on the Cooper stuff. Bad Cooper is fucking terrifying and appears to be headed for Twin Peaks with one of the Renaults? It feels like elements of Dale Cooper are seeping through with Dougie more and more. I think I love Dougie as much as I am unnerved by Bad Cooper.

Between Diane identifying that the guy she talked with wasn't Cooper and Hawk finding Laura's diary pages about Good Cooper being in the lodge, I have to figure we're going to get Good Cooper back soonish. I mean, that could be in the last couple of episodes given the pace of the series...

Thinking Major Briggs was trying to track down and stop Bad Cooper but Bad Cooper killed him.

Also, The Evolution of The Arm turned up but also spoke normally! I mostly just wanted to type The Evolution of The Arm because that's a character name and a half. ...And maybe a pointed appearance given the murderous insane dwarf was also there. I recently read Michael J Anderson's Facebook. :shifty:

I really loved Diane. She just told everyone to fuck off in pretty much every scene. I also loved how Gordon apparently doesn't know how to respond to a hug and that Ernie Hudson is Twin Peaks.  Ernie Hudson being in anything makes it great.

Couldn't search for it given the title, but I burned through Great News per a recommendation and was not disappointed. The premise (overbearing mother takes an internship at her daughter's workplace) wears thin quick, but they don't linger on the incredulity of it and just stay quick with the jokes. Also Horatio Sanz might have Benjamin Button disease. He looks like his younger self's kid.

The pacing of American Gods was just weird, wasn't it? They built to a pretty pivotal point in the story, only to then spend the penultimate episode completely ignoring it and dicking around with irrelevant backstory, not following up on the main story at all, and giving us a scant few minutes of plot, then cramming the finale with revelations, but no real actual development, yet more prolonged backstory for a character we've already met but not seen in 5 or 6 episodes, who ends up having no bearing on the plot of this episode, and ending the series right as the plot proper seems to actually get started! It feels like a halfway point, not an ending.

Twin Peaks, though, was just lovely. Really moved up a notch in the last two episodes, feels like we're getting somewhere at last, and it feels far more like Twin Peaks than the first couple of episodes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Wait, I only watched this a couple of days ago and I don't know which character you're talking about!

THIS IS AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, WATCH YOUR SPEWING MOUTH, YOU ANIMAL

• Like 3

Watched the first few episodes, it's pretty good at capturing the inherent ridiculousness of both wrestling and TV. I can't help but feel though that someone really missed an opportunity by not getting Joey Ryan involved somehow.