General Television Thread

Hellfire

GLOW was really good. Almost surprisingly (though it had a solid cast). Really loving the Sam character and surprised as to the direction they opted to take the two leads, I assumed it would have been the opposite, but I like this dynamic. Amazing Kong was really good in it as well. 

Just finished it as well, that's half a day really well spent. Each of the wrestling characters are interesting and engaging in their own rights, with the possible exception of the tag team that plays old people. I really didn't like when a lot of emphasis was placed on Sam, though, he's kind of the main character I care about the least.

15 hours ago, Ruki said:

Started the 6th episode. Welp. Looks like I'm finishing the series in one weekend. 

I'm up to episode 6 now. Haven't started. Was up to 1am watching the first 5. Had things to do this morning so I've had to hold off.
Doctor Who can wait. I'm finishing GLOW.

4 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Just finished it as well, that's half a day really well spent. Each of the wrestling characters are interesting and engaging in their own rights, with the possible exception of the tag team that plays old people. I really didn't like when a lot of emphasis was placed on Sam, though, he's kind of the main character I care about the least.

Sam is Marc Maron, right?  He's the only person I could live without.  Everyone else so far (four episodes in) has been lovely.

Been watching GLOW all weekend and save for John Morrison all the wrestlers who've turned up have been pretty good. 

:shifty:

I thought they were all fine, but I agree Mundo did feel very out of time.

I loved the show. It's not going to blow any minds but it's a really fun show to marathon if you have a day, and hopefully will get more girls and women into the "sport" now and in the future.

18 minutes ago, Benji said:

I thought they were all fine, but I agree Mundo did feel very out of time.

I loved the show. It's not going to blow any minds but it's a really fun show to marathon if you have a day, and hopefully will get more girls and women into the "sport" now and in the future.

Would echo this; I'm three episodes in and it's really watchable and good fun, without having any really standout moments yet - some the dialogue isn't amazing, and some performances are a little sketchy so far, but I'm really enjoying the ride. And the novelty of seeing Kate Nash in a TV show, too.