UFC News and Discussion Thread

Fighting tonight from the green corner, he weighed in at two and a half ounces of California bluegrass, Nick Diaz!

And his opponent, fighting out of the white corner, he weighed in at a quarter gram of Columbian nostril candy, Anderson Silva!

Edited by SeanDCouturier
  • Like 5

For charity.

If it ever comes to fruition it would surely be at catchweight as Chandler is 265.

UFC is heading to the Philippines on May 16, Faber vs Edgar headlining at 145.

Ryan Bader will fight Daniel Cormier on June 6 at Fight Night 68.. I'm scared for Bader. :(

Brandon Thatch is fucking wonderful and is a good bet for a future top contender. He is incredibly fun to watch, too.

Also that card was absolutely mangled by injuries, it's had like 4 different main events.

Also, speaking of debuts of morons, Matt Riddle made his pro wrestling debut this week.

I vaguely remember an attempt by myself to watch all the Pride events back in the day - I failed miserably, but hey ho.

Anyway, when does Pride 'get good'? I seem to remember tapping out fairly early on due to the boring nature of the first few Pride shows, which weren't really indicative of what they became in the future. How far can I skip to get to some good stuff?

2001/2 is good for the rise of Fedor, Saku vs Wanderlei, Big Nog on top of the heavyweights. 2003 is where their Middleweight division is entertaining. The Bushido events starting in 2004 are great, especially the latter 2006 show where they had a night of tournament fights, it may be the best MMA show I have ever seen top to bottom. The New Years shows 2004 onwards are great. the 2006 absolute wieght tournament is heaps of fun too.

BUT

watch the 2005 Middleweight tournament, seriously, top to bottom it is the best GP they do. Wanderlei, Arona, Shogun, Overeem, Little Nog, Yoshida, Vovchanchyn, Such a good line up.