WWF 2004

Guest Prototype

Guest ConcreteIsBack

Hey Man,

Interesting Shows,

I'm very keen to see how this shapes up! Full of interesting twists and turns so far

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. I hope you continue to read and provide some opinions.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week on Smackdown, what will WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero have to say following last week's contract signing and subsequent attack by Booker T? These two are looking ahead to their cage match at SummerSlam, but the heat is definately on this week between these two!

Speaking of sneak attacks, the French Phenom Rene Dupree got one up on John Cena last week when he bloodied the US champ with a French flag. Will the "Doctor of Thugonomics" have an equal reaction this week?

And, what more will GM Kurt Angle and his hired henchman Big Show do to try and rid Smackdown of the Undertaker?

Plus, after returning last week to aid Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty in their match against his brothers, Spike Dudley will go one on one with Bubba Ray, his first match since being put on the shelf a few weeks ago by his own flesh and blood.

All of this and more this week on Smackdown!

Edited by Prototype

Guest ConcreteIsBack

Looking good,

I like the whole ridding Undertaker from the WWF. We can dream eh?

My favorite part though is the Booker vs. Eddie feud...Definate draw for me :thumbsup:

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 12, 2004

The show opens with a heated Eddie Guerrero making his way through the back area, until he comes to the door of Smackdown GM Kurt Angle and bursts through it to the surprise of Angle.

Kurt: What do you think you’re doing Eddie?

Eddie: Listen to me, Kurt. I want Booker T, homes! Last week he got a cheap shot on me, esse, but tonight it will be a different story. He will feel some Latino Heat, esse! O le lai! Now give me my match, Kurt!

Kurt: Now just hold on a sec! Now you and Book have a very big match coming up at SummerSlam, a steel cage match no less, and in your state of mind I think that putting you two in the ring tonight would jeopardize that match. But I did see what happened last week at the contract signing, and I’m a fair man, so I tell you what. I’ll give you a match tonight, Eddie. Not with Booker, though. But, if you can win the match tonight, next week you can have a match with anyone you please, be it Booker T or whoever.

Eddie: OK, Kurt. You’ve got a deal homes.

Kurt: Good. So tonight, it will be Eddie Guerrero against….Big Show! Now please leave my office!

Eddie leaves with a somewhat disgruntled look on his face as Kurt gives him a smirk.

(93)

Cole: What a match! Hello everyone and welcome to Smackdown, and as you just saw, what a main event for tonight. WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero goes one on one with Kurt Angle’s henchman the Big Show!

Tazz: And if Eddie can win, he gets to face an opponent of his choosing next week here on Smackdown!

The music of Kyo Dai then hits the arena as the two men from Japan prepare to take on the newly formed team of Paul London and Shannon Moore.

Kyo Dai vs Paul London and Shannon Moore

These four men have been having their problems recently on Velocity, which led to the teaming of London and Moore. This was an action packed cruiser match with a fast pace and nice moves from both teams. Akio started out with London and got an early advantage, using swift kicks and some double teams behind the ref’s back with partner Sakoda. The larger Sakoda tagged in, but London made a blind tag to Moore off an irish whip and Shannon surprised Sakoda with a dropkick. It soon became a four man brawl as the ref lost control. With the ref distracted, Sakoda loaded his boot with a chain and prepared to hit Moore with a super kick. Moore ducked the kick, however, and Sakoda hit Akio with the loaded kick! Moore threw Sakoda to the outside as London went to the top and hit the London Calling on an unconscious Akio for the win.

(63)

Cole: A nice win for Moore and London, and these two don’t make such a bad team together.

Tazz: Two young guns here on Smackdown getting a good win tonight.

The music of John Cena then hits to the surprise of many fans as the US champion makes his way directly to the ring and asks for a mic.

Cena Lays Down a Challenge

Cena: Yo, yo, yo! I’m gonna make this short and sweet. Rene Dupree, you think you’re a big man for coming up from behind me last week and laying me out? Well you got another thing coming if you think John Cena is just gonna lay down after that boy! So tonight, me and you get it on!

Rene Dupree then shows up on the video screen.

Rene: Cena….Cena, why so angry? Is it because I busted you open last week with the French flag? I still have the blood stained fabric right here. So tonight, if you want a match, you have got one, as long as the US title is on the line.

Cena: Title or no title, it’s on!

(82)

Cole: So now it appears that we will have a US title match here tonight, John Cena versus Rene Dupree.

Tazz: Man ol man, matches are just being made left and right tonight!

Rey Mysterio then pops up on the stage as we get set for cruiserweight action.

Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble

Rey started the match on fire, taking it to Noble with head scissors and cross body. Noble was able to fight back in to it, using his combination of power and quickness to take down Mysterio. Noble scored a near fall after reversing a hurricanrana into a hard powerbomb, but Rey kicked out at two. In the end, Noble tried to end the match with hit Tiger Bomb, but Rey wrapped his legs around Noble’s neck and scored with a hurricanrana if his own into a pinning combination for the win. After the match, Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero slid into the ring and attacked Rey from behind, laying Mysterio out with not one but two brainbusters before taunting the crowd and leaving back up the ramp.

(74)

Cole: A sneak attack by our cruiser champion, and Chavo has taken out his number one contender.

Tazz: A good win by Mysterio, but Chavo shows exactly why he is the champion. He’s always one step ahead of the competition, Cole.

We now go to the interview area where Josh Matthews is standing by with Booker T.

Interview with Booker

Josh: I’m standing here with Booker T, and Book, what are your thoughts on tonight’s Eddie and Big Show match? If Eddie can win, he gets a match with any opponent he wishes next week, and it seems that opponent would obviously be you.

Booker: Look here, man. Eddie Guerrero is just upset at what me and my man Teddy Long pulled on him last week. All I got to say about that is, Eddie, don’t hate the playa, hate the game sucka! But as far as tonight is concerned, I ain’t got no worries man. Because Eddie isn’t going to beat the Big Show tonight. He’s seven feet, five hundred pounds man! I’d hate to be Eddie Guerrero tonight. But even if he can lie, cheat, and steal a win tonight, I’ll be more than happy to soften Eddie up next week and then take his WWF title at SummerSlam! Now can you dig that, sucka!

(89)

The music of Spike Dudley hits the arena as he gets set to make his in-ring return since being turned on and being put out of action by the Dudleys a few weeks ago.

Spike Dudley vs Bubba Ray Dudley

Bubba was accompanied by D-Von to the ring. Spike showed no fear of his big brother, attacking at the bell with rights and lefts. Spike takes Bubba down and hits a two-footed stomp from the top rope to the surprise of Bubba for a two count. Bubba, however, regained composure and took over with his power and size advantage on Spike. Bubba controlled the pace most of the rest of the way until Spike ducked a clothesline and hit a running torpedo headbutt into the gut of Bubba. Spike then went to run the ropes, but waa tripped up by D-Von. This distraction allowed Bubba to hit the Bubba Bomb from behind on Spike and pick up the win. After the match, both Dudleys brothers beat down Spike and looked like they might try to take him out again with a 3D, but the tag champs Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty ran down to the ring and saved Spike from further harm, running off the Dudleys from the ring.

(62)

Cole: Bubba gets a cheap win over his little brother Spike, and Spike may have been injured again if it hadn’t been for the tag team champions.

Tazz: I don’t think this feud between the Dudleys and Rikishi and Scotty, or even with Spike, is over yet Cole.

The music of RVD then hits to a loud pop as Mr. Thursday Night makes his way to the ring.

Rob Van Dam vs Rico w/Miss Jackie

Rico tried to pull some of his mind games on Van Dam, but after a swift kick to the legs and head, Rico turned serious quick. It didn’t help much, though, as Van Dam had most of the offense in the match, hitting Rolling Thunder for a two count. Rico did mount a small comeback, backing Rob into the corner and hitting a kick to the head after jumping off the middle rope. Rico missed with an elbow drop from the corner, however, and allowed Van Dam to leap up onto the top rope and hit a Vam Daminator kick to the side of the head, followed by the 5-Star Frog Splash for the win. After the match, as RVD was celebrating with the fans with his signature finger point, Charlie Haas ran down the aisle with a chair and smacked Van Dam in the back with the weapon, sneaking out of the ring as quickly as he had entered as Rob sank to the mat.

(67)

A Challenge for SummerSlam

Haas then grabbed a mic as he walked back up the ramp.

Haas: Hey Rob! I thought that this chair might bring back some past memories for you. And I know how you like to get “extreme” and “hardcore”, but that’s not my style necessarily. So I have a proposition for you. At SummerSlam, me and you one on one, so that I can show the world that I am a superior wrestler to you and every superstar on Smackdown! But there is one provision. Not only can you obviously not use any weapons, but you must use the Five Star Frog Splash in the match, or you will be disqualified!

Van Dam seems perplexed at the challenge, but then agrees to the match for SummerSlam.

(70)

The music of Rene Dupree hits the arena as we get set for our US title match.

United States Championship Match

John Cena © vs Rene Dupree

This match was intense, as Cena attacked before the bell had even sounded. Cena opened up on Dupree with slams and a Throwback early on for a two count. Dupree regrouped and hit a powerbomb for a near fall. Dupree took too much time taunting with his French Tickler dance, and Cena chopped him down with a clothesline and the 5 knuckle shuffle. Cena motioned for the FU, but Dupree slipped out of the hold and pushed Cena into the referee. Rene then hit a Death Valley Driver of his own, but there was no ref to make a count. Dupree went to revive the ref as Cena inched over to the corner and grabbed his chain and lock. As Dupree brought the ref back to his feet, Cena wrapped the chain around his wrist and clocked Dupree! This was done right in front of the ref, who had no choice but to DQ Cena. But Cena didn’t seem to care as he then gave Dupree an FU in the middle of the ring and threw up the “Word Life” sign as he played to the wildly cheering crowd.

(74)

Cole: A DQ win for Dupree, but how fired up was Cena tonight?

Tazz: No doubt, but Dupree did get the victory, and even though he didn’t get the title, I think he definitely deserves a rematch.

Eddie Guerrero then rode down to ringside in his low-rider as we get set for our main event.

Eddie Guerrero vs Big Show

Eddie tried to keep out of the clutches of Show early on, going after his knees with dropkicks and boots. Show eventually took over using his power to ground Eddie, hitting some hard slaps and a sidewalk slam. Big Show gave Eddie a good beating until Show missed a big boot and crotched himself on the top rope. Eddie took advantage and actually took the big man down with a cross body from the top rope. Show powered out of the pin, and charged Eddie in the corner. Eddie moved and Show smashed the ref in the buckle! Big Show then clasped Eddie in a goozle, preparing for a chokeslam. The lights then went out in the arena! A gong was heard and a purple light lit the ring, spotlighting the Big Show. Show looked confused, and then grew angry at the obvious sign from the Undertaker. The lights then blacked out again after another gong. When the lights came back on, Eddie stood behind Show with a steel chair! With the ref still out, Eddie waffled Show in the head with the weapon! Eddie then scaled to the top rope and hit a Frog Splash as the ref groggily counted the three! Eddie had scored somewhat of an upset over Big Show!

(74)

After the bell, Booker T and Teddy Long came from the back and marched to the ring, seemingly prepared to start the fight early with Eddie. Kurt Angle ran out and tried to restrain Booker as Big Show lumbered down the aisle and joined Angle.

Eddie Picks His Opponent

Eddie then grabbed a mic from ringside.

Eddie: Hey Booker, ese, you must be wanting to get it on a little early huh? Well that’s fine with me, homes, if we fight tonight because we won’t be going at it next week. Ya see, homes, in the beginning, yea, I was going to make myself a match with you next week if I beat Big Show. But see, ese, I’ve changed my mind! I’ve got somethine eveb better in mind! So Kurt, listen real good, homes, because next week I want it to be Eddie Guerrero…..versus…..Theodore Long!

A shocked Theodore Long cant believe what Eddie just said and begins to get irate as Booker and Angle try to calm him down and Eddie just smiles and laughs in the ring as the show closes.

(79)

Overall Rating= 73%

Guest Prototype

user posted image

WWF News, Notes, and Rumors

* Smackdown scored a 6.16 rating this week, with 9014 people in attendance and made $360560.

* Lance Storm has sustained and injury to his hand, but should only be out one month. Storm had a small rivalry building with Stevie Richards that was largely showcased on Velocity, so it looks like that feud will either be put on hold or Stevie will have to find a new storlyine to be put in to.

* Rene Dupree has apparently told management that he has a drug problem. This is disappointing because Rene was slowly becoming an upper card heel on Smackdown and is in a US title fued with John Cena. In a somewhat surprissing move, management has decided not to take action at this time and hope that Rene can make it through to a blow off match with Cena at SummerSlam and then enter rehab.

*Speaking of SummerSlam, the card on the Smackdown side seems to be shaping up. Eddie Guerrero vs Booker T for the WWF Title in a Steel Cage Match has already been signed, as has The Undertaker vs Big Show and Charlie Haas vs Rob Van Dam. In addition to the Dupree vs Cena match, other matches rumored could include a tag title match between Rikishi and Scotty vs The Dudleys and Chavo Guerrero defending the Cruiserweight Title against Rey Mysterio.

Dont forget to check out Velocity this week, and thanks to all those who read!

Guest ConcreteIsBack

One Definately Solid Smackdown Man!

A Great end to the show with Eddie!

A Solid Cena match and a great flowing show!

Eddie > all at the mo IMO tho!

keep up the great work!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 14, 2004

Styles: Hello everyone and we thank you for joining us here on Velocity! We have a great show on tap tonight, and lets get it started with a Cruiserweight Title match!

Chavo Guerrero’s music hits and the champ makes his way out for a surprising title match on Velocity.

Cruiserweight Title Math

Chavo Guerrero © vs Ultimo Dragon

This was easily the best match of the night, and the first match of the night at that. Chavo controlled the early goings with stiff uppercuts and a back breaker. Dragon was able to fight back, using his quick feet and agility to knock Chavo off base and scored a near fall with a DDT from the turnbuckle. Chavo was able to successfully defend his title, though, after reversing a Asai DDT attempt into a Northern Lights Suplex followed up quickly by the Low Rider submission for the win.

(81)

Styles: A nice win for the champ, but Chavo would almost certainly have to now look forward to an immanent match up with Rey Mysterio.

We now go back to the interview area where Rob Van Dam stands by.

Promo by RVD

RVD: You know, when Charlie Haas challenged me for SummerSlam this past Thursday on Smackdown, I knew that was cool with me. But then he wants me to fight him without using the Five Star Frog Splash? OK, even though all my fans love to see the Five Star, that’s cool with me too. Charlie Haas wants to prove that he’s the better wrestler? He may have all the tools, but it wont be enough to beat me, Charlie. So bring on your challenge for SummerSlam, because after I beat you one, two, three, I’m still going to get high….high up in the sky for the Five Star Frog Splash just to add the finishing touches to our match as my fans chant R…V…D!

(74)

The music of Test hits as we come back to the arena and one half of Sex and Violence gets ready for singles action.

Test vs John Heidenreich

Test controls most of the match, matching power with Heidenreich. John does get in some offense, ducking a clothesline and taking Test off his feet for the first time in the match with a big clothesline. Test regroups and hits the Full Nelson Slam, but only gets a two count. Test signals for the big boot, but Heidenreich ducks and gives Test a super kick! John covers Test, but only gets a two. Heidnereich is feeling it a bit as Val Venis runs down to ringside. John picks up Test and hits him with a neckbreaker. Heidenreich goes to run the ropes, but Val trips him up. John turns to jaw with Venis for a moment, but then turns right back in to a Big Boot from Test and he gets the win.

(63)

Coach: A win for Test, with an assist from Val notwithstanding. Sex and Violence now have a bit of momentum going in to their tag title tournament match this Monday on Raw.

The music of Billy Gunn then hits the arena and the “Bad Ass” makes his way to the ring and asks for a mic.

A Challenge From Billy

Gunn: I’m not going to drag this out. A few weeks ago, after the tournament for the World tag team titles was announced by Steve Austin, I realized that who better to take the titles than a former nine time champ, myself! But I knew I needed a partner, so I turned to the best partner Ive ever had, the Road Dogg Jesse James! And I guarantee we would have won the tournament had it not been for those pieces of trash the Outsiders. They injured Jesse, and even though he’s on his way back, and I promise the Outsiders will see the New Age Outlaws in the future, I cant wait that long! So Nash, Hall, one of you get your asses out here so I can kick it!

After a short pause, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall appear on the video screen.

Hall: Hey yo! Hey Billy, you need to chill mane! The Road Dogg was a simple case of wrong place, wrong time. But if you want a fight, chico, you got it!

Hall looks like he’s ready to fight and Nash acts like he has to hold him back before both men starts chuckling.

Nash: But not tonight, Billy boy! Ya see, me and Scott already have some prior engagements to attend to, but if you want a match, my buddy Scott will take you out on Raw this week. Aint that right?

Hall: Don’t sing it, Billy, bring it!

Hall throws his toothpick at the camera to end the segment.

(74)

Coach: So it looks like we will have a match on Raw this week between Scott Hall and Billy Gunn- Scott Hall’s first official match since returning to the WWF!

Video

We see a video package of Paul London and Shannon Moore, who have apparently struck up a friendship recently, hanging out this week. We see both of them participating in some extreme hobbies, such as Shannon driving a dirt bike on a stunt track and both men bunjee jumping. We see both men give each other high fives after completing the jump and a graphic that says “Thrillseekers” flash onto the screen.

(52)

The music of Mark Jindrak hits as he makes his way to the ring with Sable.

“The Reflection of Perfection” Mark Jindrak w/Sable vs Funaki

Funaki wasnt intimidated by the much bigger and stronger Jindrak. At the beginning of the match, Funkai somewhat frustrated Jindrak with a few quick dropkicks. Jindrak seemed unamused and chuckled at Funaki's atrempts to take him down. Funaki responded with a swift slap to Jindrak's jaw! This set Jindrak off, however, as he connected with a big boot to Funaki's face and took control of the match from there, dominating Funaki with power moves and ultimately finishing Funaki off somewhat quickly with the MJ Delight, much to the "delight" of Sable.

(71)

Styles: A most impressive display of power by Mark Jindrak. This guy is scary and has all the tools to make an impact on Smackdown.

We now go to the backstage area where Victoria is walking the halls. Molly Holly then yells to her from the background.

Molly Confronts Victoria

Molly: Hey Victoria! Hey Vic, I just wanted to know how your jaw was feeling. That kick last week from Lance Storm looked like it hurt. Ha ha!

Victoria: Ya know Molly, I would think you of all people wouldnt need a man to do a woman's job.

As Victoria turns to leave, Molly attacks Victoria from behind. Victoria soon gets the upperhand, however, and as she throws Molly to the ground she rips Molly's top off, leaving her exposed in a sports bra. Molly covers up and runs back to the locker room as Victoria laughs at her.

(79)

The music of Maven hits as we come back to the arena.

Maven vs Chuck Palumbo

Maven started the match with a quick flurry of offense, using right hands and a hip toss to get the quick upper hand. Palumbo fought back with his power and hit a bicycle kick for a two count. Palumbo took Maven down with a sidewalk slam and then uncharacteristically went to the middle rope for an elbow drop, but Maven moved out of the way. Maven whipped Paulmbo into the corner and then caught him with a bulldog as he bounced out of the turnbuckle. Maven then scaled to the top rope and hit the dazed Palumbo with a missle dropkick and, though coming into the match as an underdog, scored the pinfall.

(68)

Coach: A nice win for Maven, a young star on the Raw brand. I still think he has alot to learn, though, to make it to the top of the WWF.

JBL's music then hits as rich cowboy saunters to the ring for one on one action.

JBL vs Johnny Stamboli

The city slicker JBL actually tried to get out of the match early on, telling Stamboli that he knew he and FBI partner Nunzio loved to make some easy money, so he offered him a wad of bills to just leave the ring and let JBL win by count out. Stamboli thought for a moment and then slapped the money out of JBL's hand and hit him with a right hand to start the match. Stamboli had control of the match for most of the contest, scroing a nearfall with a powerslam off the ropes. JBL pokes Stamboli in the eye to regain some offense, and hits Johnny with a big boot and a back breaker. JBL was then able to finish Stamboli off after Johnny missed a kick of his own and JBL bounced back off the ropes with the Clothesline from Hell.

(62)

Styles: JBL picks up the win, despite his efforts to avoid physicality with Stamboli.

A large blast goes off om the stage as Kane makes his entrance for the final match of the show.

Kane vs Garrison Cade

This did not last long. Kane seemed to be in just as foul a mood as ever, and hammered Cade from the bell. Kane hit all his signature spots, including a big boot, sidewalk slam, and a clothesline from the top rope before hitting the chokeslam for the convincing win.

(60)

Coach: What a display from Kane here tonight. Kane seems to be on quite a destructive path since beating Shelton Benjamin two weeks ago, and we havent seen Benjamin since either!

The show fades with Kane lighting the posts on fire and standing in the ring/

Overall Rating= 65%

Guest ConcreteIsBack

cool velocity! A bit shocked to see Kane main eventing Velocity though! Lots of old Raw stars on it too (Well use the term star loosely ;) )

great show! Im happy Cade was destroy...brought a tear to my eye...interesting push with Stamboli too! Hope to see him more on the bigger shows!

Keep up the awesome work mate!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week on Raw, expect the unexpected! After seeing Shawn Michaels capture the Intercontinental title from the "Legend Killer" Randy Orton last week, who knows what will happen this Monday.

Speaking of Randy Orton, we do know this - In a big tag team main event, Orton will team with Evolution leader Triple H to take on World Champion Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho! How will Benoit and Jericho co-exist as a team when, in two weeks at SummerSlam, they will battle eachother and Triple H in a triple threat for the World Title? And Benoit has already told Jericho that he should "mind his own business."

In addition, Sex and Violence will take on La Resistance in a tag team title tournament match, with the winner going to the finals at SummerSlam!

Plus, in a match made on Velocity, one half of the Outsiders, Scott Hall, will take on Billy Gunn. Billy will have revenge in his mind after Hall and Kevin Nash injured his tag partner Road Dogg a few weeks ago and kept the New Age Outlaws from competing in the tag title tournament.

All this and much more on Raw!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 16, 2004

The show opens up with World Cahmpion Chris Benoit is his locker room when we hear a door open and Chris Jericho walks in and goes face to face with Benoit.

Jericho: Look Chris, I know how you must be feeling, how your mind might be working, about the triple threat match at SummerSlam for your World title. And I know that, with the way the past couple of weeks has gone between me and you, that a tag match putting us as partners isn’t the best idea. But I want you to know that SummerSlam is two weeks away, and tonight isn’t about the title but about me and you beating the living hell out of Evolution!

Benoit: Jericho, save it OK? I know the kind of competitor you are, and I know that at SummerSlam I’ve got a dog fight on my hands. And I know you say that tonight is all about us and not the title, but really, that’s what I would have said when I was in your position. And I know that I would have jumped at any opportunity to get an upper hand if it meant that it would help me reach this title. And now that I am the champion, I’ll do what I have to to hold on to it! So Jericho, even though I do have a lot of respect for you, I’ll tell you what I told you last week….I never asked for you help, and I don’t need it!

Benoit then leaves the locker room, leaving Jericho with a confused look on his face.

(80)

We then fade into the arena where the music of La Resistance is playing.

JR: Well, hello everyone and welcome to Raw! And following that uneasy meeting between Jericho and Benoit we are heading right in to a tag team title tournament match.

King: And this is big, JR, because the winner of this match goes on to the finals at SummerSlam!

Tag Team Tournament

La Resistance vs Sex and Violence

Conway started the match with Val, using a few takedowns and wearing on Venis with an armbar. La Resistance used quick tags to wear down Val and Grenier got a near fall with a back breaker. Val was able to tag in Test who took out Grenier with a clothesline and threw Conway to the floor. This soon turned into a brawl between all four men. On the outside, Conway grabbed the Quebec flag and went to hit Val with it, but Venis ducked and booted Conway in the gut, grabbing the flag himself and laying him out with it! Inside the ring, Grenier ran off the ropes, but Val used the flag to crack Grenier in the back, leaving him open to a big boot from Test that allowed him to pick up the win.

(63)

JR: And Sex and Violence use a page out of La Resistance’s book to advance to the finals in the tag team tournament.

King: Well, neither one of these teams are exactly fan favorites, but Val and Test got the job done and now have a chance to win the tag titles!

We then go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd is standing by with X-Rated leader Christian.

Interview with Christian

Mark: Im standing here with Christian, and Christian I wanted to get your thoughts on the fact that, due to Rhyno’s loss to Edge last week, you will now have to face your brother at SummerSlam one on one.

Christian: First off, let me give a shout out to my boys Test and Val for that great win just a few moments ago, and make my words Sex and Violence will be ruling the tag division come SummerSlam. Big ups! But now, as far as my brother Edge is concerned, the Peeps have nothing to worry about. He stands no chance against me! I have always been the better wrestler, the better looking, and definitely, as you can tell by the Peeps, the more popular. Edge, I gave you a chance to stand by me instead of against me. But you couldn’t handle that! You couldn’t handle not being the “big cheese.” So at SummerSlam, you’ll wish that you had taken me up on my peace offering. At SummerSlam, all the Peepulation will witness the demise of Edge, and Captain Charisma will continue his rise up the ladder in the WWF! Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a victory celebration to attend.

(76)

We then go to the back where Chris Jericho is walking into Eric Bischoff’s office!

Jericho Asks Bischoff For a Change

Jericho: Bischoff…

Eric: Jericho, what do you think you’re doing?

Jericho: Look Eric, everyone knows what a pathetic, egotistical, slimy, greasy haired loser I think you are….but I have to ask you something.

Eric looks pissed but lets Jericho continue.

Jericho: I know you scheduled a tag match between me and Benoit against Triple H and Randy Orton tonight, and I know this is all your plan to add more fuel to the fire for the match at SummerSlam. But I don’t think Benoit is in the mental condition that I can trust him as a partner tonight. So I have an idea. How bout making the match a triple threat, just like at SummerSlam, and let me and Benoit each pick a partner of our own for tonight.

Eric: You know Jericho, after the way you barged into my office and degraded me I don’t see any reason why I should even listen to what you have to say…but that’s actually not hat bad of an idea. So tonight, fine, you and Benoit can each pick a partner of your choosing and we will have a triple threat tag team match tonight!

Jericho: Alright then. Thanks a lot…..ass clown!

Jericho leaves the office as Eric has a disgruntled look on his face.

(88)

JR: What a match, King. Both Jericho and Benoit will have to find a tag team partner for tonight and we’ll have a triple threat tag match in our main event.

King: This all seems a little hazy to me JR. We saw earlier that Benoit didn’t really trust Jericho, and now it seems that Jericho doesn’t necessarily trust Benoit either!

JR: It’s all about the World title, King.

The music of Edge then hits to a big pop as he makes his way to the ring.

Edge vs A-Train

Edge started the match on the offensive early, but Train used his size and power to ground Edge in the early goings. Train used a sidewalk slam to get a two count. Edge moved out of the way of a turnbuckle avalanche by Train, and hit a big DDT, followed by a dropkick and a reverse head slam for a near fall. Edge signaled for the Spear, and at this point Rhyno made his way to the ring and jumped up on the apron. Edge spotted Rhyno and dropped him from the apron with a clothesline. Edge then moved out of the way of a charging A-Train and knocked him down with the Spear for the win. After the match, Rhyno got in the ring and he and Edge brawled until Christian ran down to the ring! Christian joined in on the beating and Edge soon fell victim to the numbers game. Christian went to the outside and grabbed two chairs. Rhyno gave Edge a Gore and Christian hit Edge with the Unprettier, before setting Edge’s head onto one of the chair’s on the mat and then smacked Edge with a Con-Chair-To to a chorus of boos from the fans!

(67)

JR: Christian just crushed Edge with a Con-Chair-To! He’s nothing but a punk, King! A creepy little bastard punk!

King: Calm down, JR!

We then again see Jericho walking the halls in the back, before turning into a dark room with a barely lit light. We then see none other than Kane sitting in a chair in the corner of the room.

Jericho Asks Kane a Question

Jericho: Uh….ummm….Kane?

Kane spins around and grabs Jericho by the neck and pushes him into a wall.

Kane: What do you want?!!

Jericho points to Kane’s hand grasping his neck, and Kane slowly releases him so Jericho can talk.

Jericho: (catching his breath) That’s one hell of a grip you got there Kane-o. Look, I came here to ask you for something. If you haven’t heard, I need a tag team partner for tonight. I need someone that I know can watch my back, because I have a feeling that both Triple H will be gunning for me tonight and I have no idea what’s going through Benoit’s noggin. So Im asking you, Kane, to be that guy and be my tag team partner tonight.

Kane: And what would be in it for me, Jericho?

Jericho: Well….I have a World title match at SummerSlam. And I am going to win that match, daddy….oh yea! So when I do win at SummerSlam and I become the new World Champion, if you be my partner tonight with no funny business, I’ll give you the first title shot after SummerSlam.

Kane: (begins to chuckle) OK, Jericho, you’re on.

Kane then lets Jericho slide out of the room and an evil smile comes over his face.

(79)

JR: I cant believe what we just heard, King. Jericho actually asking Kane of all people to be his partner tonight.

King: Well, Jericho feels like he needs someone to watch his back tonight, and who better than a Big Red Machine.

We then go to the back where Randy Orton has asked for some air time.

Orton Issues a Challenge

Orton: Last week, a tragedy struck Raw. I, Randy Orton, was screwed out of the Intercontinental title! Shawn Michaels unfairly pressured me into that match. I didn’t have enough time to train, to prepare, and Im almost positive that he had a handful of my tights on that roll-up! But great champions, like yours truly, don’t get mad…they get even! So Michaels, listen up and listen good. If you’re such a fighting champion, if your truly the icon and the show stopper, then you will give me a rematch at SummerSlam! But not just any match, Shawn, no. See I’ve decided that this thing between me and you is going to come to an end. I am the Legend Killer, and at SummerSlam I plan on killing your legend for good. In fact, I’m going to do one better. I’m going to beat you and end your career in a match that you made famous, Shawn. At SummerSlam, it will be you and me, for the Intercontinental title, in a ladder match! See you there, if you’ve got the guts!

(77)

The music of the Outsiders then hits as Scott Hall makes his way out with Kevin Nash for singles action.

Scott Hall vs Billy Gunn

Billy attacked Hall at the bell, looking for revenge for the Outsiders injuring the Road Dogg a few weeks ago. Gunn took it to Hall, hitting a body slam and whipping Hall to the corner for a big splash. Hall poked Gunn in the eye to turn the tide, hitting Gunn with rights and getting a near fall with a fall away slam. Hall went for the Outsider Edge, but Gunn back dropped Hall to the mat. Gunn signaled for the Fame-Ass-Er, but Hall moved out of the way and took Gunn down with a falling clothesline. Nash then yelled to the ref and seemed to argue with him over nothing in particular. Nash then slipped a pair of brass knucks into the ring out of the ref’s view. Hall picked them up and then decked Gunn with a hard right hand that knocked Gunn unconscious. Hall out the knucks in his tights and then gave Gunn the Outsider Edge to seal the victory.

(67)

JR: Scott Hall steals a win with help from Kevin Nash. They will get theirs come SummerSlam when they meet up with Steve Austin, that’s all I have to say.

King: How can you say that JR when Austin isn’t even here tonight because he’s still sitting at home injured at the hands of the Outsiders? In fact, I heard that Austin won’t be back until SummerSlam and no sooner.

Sean O’Haire then makes his way to the ring, lead by Bobby Heenan, for our next match.

Sean O’Haire w/Bobby Heenan vs Jeff Hardy w/Lita

Hardy tried to go toe to toe with O’Haire, but it wasn’t the best strategy as O’Haire overpowered Hardy and threw him to the mat. O’Haire pounded on Hardy for a portion of the match, hitting a big kick to the head and a shoulder breaker that almost ended the match. Jeff did fight back, using some quick dropkicks to the knee of O’Haire and knocking him down with a flying clothesline. Matt Hardy ran down to ringside and grabbed an unsuspecting Lita in a hug. Lita struggled to get out of his grasp as Jeff went to the top rope and knocked Matt down with a flying axehandle! Jeff then rolled back into the ring, but O’Haire was waiting and hit Hardy with a devastating bicycle kick, followed by the Prophecy for the win as Matt walked up the stage smiling at Jeff’s loss.

(67)

JR: Matt Hardy costs Jeff another match here tonight.

King: I don’t know, JR. Matt or no Matt this O’Haire is a monster. I think he would have got the job done even if Matt hadn’t showed up.

JR: That may be true King. O’Haire has been very impressive lately.

The music of Evolution then hits as we have the introductions for the triple threat tag match. After Triple H and Orton comes Jericho, followed by Kane, and then Benoit. Benoit doesn’t seems to have a partner until, after a few moments, the music of the new Intercontinental champion Shawn Michaels hits! He makes his way to ringside and the match is on.

Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels vs Triple H and Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho and Kane

Benoit started the match with Orton, who got some stiff chops to the chest in the corner. Benoit controlled Orton until Orton hit a nice dropkick and tagged in HHH. Trips beat on Benoit and hit a knee lift for a two. Benoit fought back and delivered a German suplex to Triple H. Trips didn’t wait around for more and tagged in Jericho. Jericho and Benoit stared at each other before locking up and engaging in some chain wrestling, before Kane slapped Jericho on the back and tagged himself in. Benoit then ran and slapped Triple H on the chest, tagging him in! Trips was reluctant to go against Kane, but Kane grabbed HHH by the throat and pulled him into the ring. Kane beat on Trips in the corner with thrusts to the neck and hit a sidewalk slam for a two count that was broken up by Orton. HBK then hit the ring and he and Orton brawled in the ring before Michaels took him out with a clothesline to the outside and then landed a suicide dive onto the Legend Killer. Benoit and Jericho then entered the ring and we have a four man brawl, with HBK and Orton battling into the crowd and out of sight. Jericho battled Triple H while Benoit and Kane traded blows. HHH and Jericho fell to the outside, and Jericho sling shot Triple H into the steel post! This brought out Evolution members Batista and Ric Flair. Both men attacked Jericho and put him on the floor. With this going on, it left Kane and Benoit in the ring. Kane was setting up for a chokeslam when Shelton Benjamin ran down to the ring with a chair! Shelton was back after being injured by Kane a few weeks ago! Benjamin cracked the chair over Kane’s back and then smacked him in the head with the weapon before leaving the ring and backtracking up the ramp. Benoit then came to and went to the top rope for a diving head butt and connected, covering Kane for the win!

(72)

JR: Benoit has beaten Kane! Jericho is out on the floor. Michaels and Orton are no where to be seen, Shelton Benjamin has returned, and Benoit and Triple H are staring each other down at ringside. Oh, what a night!

Overall Rating= 72%

Guest ConcreteIsBack

good show! an amazingly chaotic main event! im liking it! Christian that CLB seems to be up to his old tricks! lovin that...and also you've got Jericho going good! All in all very impressive!

im looking forward to your next show :)

Guest Prototype

user posted image

* Raw scored a 5.92 rating this week, with 10003 people in attendance and made $400120.

* Velocity got a 5.56 rating this past week, making $400640 from 10016 people in attendance.

* As we saw on Raw, Shelton Benjamin has returned from a short absense since being beat down by Kane and did not looked intimidated at all by the Big Red Machine. Look for these two to go at it at SummerSlam.

* Also from Raw, it has been confirmed that Shawn Michaels has accepted Randy Orton's challenge for SummerSlam, and will defend his IC title at the PPV in a ladder match!

Feud Status on Raw

Chris Benoit vs Triple H 94

Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton 87

Steve Austin vs The Outsiders 84

Kane vs Shelton Benjamin 76

Thanks to everyone who reads and replies to this diary, and donr forget to check out Smackdown later this week!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

The temperature is heating up heading into SummerSlam, and it will just get hotter this week!

After his win over the Big Show last week, WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero got to choose his opponent for this week. His selection? Not Booker T, as was expected, but instead Booker's manager Theodore Long! Long will have to go through with the match this week and face Latino Heat!

Also this week, it's tag team mayhem! In a tag team match, it will be the United States champion John Cena teaming with Rob Van Dam to take on Rene Dupree and Charlie Haas.

Then, in a big 6-man tag match, the Tag Team champs Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty along with Spike will take on The Dudleyz, Bubba and D-Von, and a mystery partner.

Plus, what further developments will there be in Kurt Angle's plan to rid the WWF of the Undertaker? He already has the Big Show as his contracted henchman. What else can he throw at the Deadman?

All this and more this week on Smackdown!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 19, 2004

Cole: Welcome everyone to Smackdown! Im Michael Cole along with Tazz, and what a night we have lined up.

Tazz: No doubt Cole! And I still cant believe that tonight, Eddie Guerrero is going to make Theodore Long get in the ring with him in a one on one match!

Cole: It’s Guerrero’s prerogative after beating Big Show last week, but let’s get tonight started with some cruiserweight action.

The music of Chavo comes on as the Cruiserweight champ makes his way to the ring.

Cruiserweight Championship Match

Chavo Guerrero © vs Funaki

This was a great opener to the show, with Chavo taking an early lead in the match. After a few quick moves, Chavo began to degrade Funaki and slap him in the back of the head. Funaki responded with a resounding right hand and followed up with some nice offense, even getting the champ in a near fall situation after a missle dropkick from the top rope. Chavo got himself back together, hitting a powerful backbreaker on Funaki, followed by a brainbuster and finally locking on the Low Rider for the tap-out victory. After the match, Chavo decided he wanted to make an example of Funaki for Rey Mysterio, and went outside to get a chair. But as Chavo was about to lat Funaki out, Rey himself ran down the aisle and dropkicked the chair into Chavo’s face! Chavo rolled out of the ring and talked smack to Rey as he held his jaw and walked back up the ramp as Rey checked on Funaki.

(81)

Cole: Chavo was about to smash Funaki with that chair until Rey Mysterio made the save.

Tazz: I don’t know if Id go sticking my nose in the champ’s business, Cole.

We then go to the backstage area where Kurt Angle is sitting in his office with the Big Show.

Kurt Has a Plan

Show: Look boss, you have nothing to worry about. The Undertaker is not a concern for you. Take last week- he might have been able to distract me long enough to let Eddie Guerrero cheat his way to a win, but you saw that he didn’t have the guts to actually show his face. He’ll get his at SummerSlam, don’t you worry.

Kurt: I’m not worried, Show. I’m not worried. But I am pissed off! Undertaker showed an utter lack of respect for me by interfering in your match last week, a match that I booked! Whether he was there physically or not isn’t an issue. He has no respect for me. I promised that I would rid the WWF of the Undertaker, just to add to my already impressive career resume, and I still will. But tonight, Undertaker needs to be taught a lesson. So tonight, I’m going to call out the Undertaker. And as GM of Smackdown, I am demanding that the Undertaker show up. And if he doesn’t, you wont have a match for SummerSlam, Show, because he will be in breach of contract and I will fire him right then and there!

(84)

Cole: The GM is apparently going to call out the Undertaker tonight!

Tazz: What a sign of guts on the part of Kurt Angle. He’s a very courageous GM, Cole.

Cole: This is borderline insanity if you ask me.

The music of the tag champs, Rikishi and Scoty 2 Hotty, hits as they make their way to the ring with Spike Dudley for a 6-man tag match.

The Dudleyz then make their way out with a mic to introduce their partner.

Bubba: Tonight, we needed a partner for a six man tag match. We needed a man of integrity. We needed a man of stature. And we needed a man that can kick some ass! So let me introduce our tag team partner, JBL, John Bradshaw Layfield!

JBL makes his way out and he and the Dudleyz walk to the ring.

Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Spike vs The Dudley Boyz and JBL

Bubba started the match with Scotty. Bubba used size and power to dominate early on, isolating Scotty in his corner and using quick tags to D-Von and JBL. It was D-Von who was in the ring when Scotty ducked a clothesline and tagged in Rikishi. Kish came in hot and took out D-Von with a clothesline, and then hit a charging Bubba with a thrust kick and JBL with a hip toss. The match soon turned into a 6 man brawl. Rikishi and Scotty double clotheslined both Dudleys to the outside, and then launched Spike out of the ring on top of them! The tag champs and the Dudleys brawled on the outside as Spike rolled back in the ring, but JBL was waiting for him and nailed him with a vicious Clothesline from Hell as Spike turned around and got the three.

(72)

Cole: A nasty clothesline from JBL, and he and the Dudleys get the win.

Tazz: Spike’s head just about came off with that one!

We now go to the interview area where Josh Matthews is with the WWF Champion!

Interview with Eddie Guerrero

Josh: Eddie, last week you beat the Big Show in a match that stipulated that if you won, you could pick an opponent for tonight. But much to the surprise of everyone, instead of selecting Booker T, who has been a thorn in your side for some weeks, you picked his manager Theodore Long!

Eddie: Esse vato, no one was more surprised when I picked Thoedore Long as my opponent as ol’ Teddy himself, huh esse! See, I already have a match with Booker T at SummerSlam, homes, so I thought why not mix it up a bit and give the fans something they don’t get to see everyday, and Kurt Angle did say I could pick ANYONE as my opponent. So tonight I’m gonna give my fans something to go home happy about, man, and that’s Eddie Guerrero unleashing some Latino Heat on Theodore Long tonight! Theodore Long has been just a big a pain in my neck as Booker T has, vato, and tonight I can get my hands on him before I take Booker out in the steel cage at SummerSlam! So Teddy, I hope you’ve trained hard, homes, because tonight you will feel the heat. O le lai!

(89)

We then go back to the arena where Charlie Haas and Rene Dupree are being introduced for our next match.

Charlie Haas and Rene Dupree vs Rob Van Dam and John Cena

Dupree started it off with RVD, as RVD used his quickness to frustrate Dupree and used his educated feet to take Dupree down for a quick two count. RVD whipped Dupree to the buckle and hit three shoulder blocks to the midsection, before hitting a spin kick to the side of the head and tagging in Cena. Cena was fired up to get his hands on Dupree, but Rene quickly crawled over to the corner and tagged in Haas. Cena and Charlie went at it for a few moments, with Haas using some amateur take downs to bring Cena to the mat, but Cena rebounded with a powerslam off the ropes and the five knuckle shuffle for a two count. Cena tagged in RVD, who hit Haas with the Rolling Thunder and went to the top for a 5 Star, but Rene tripped RVD up, preventing him from hitting the move. Cena raced around the ring and pulled Rene off the apron. As Cena and Dupree brawled, RVD leaped at a groggy Haas and hit a cross body, but Haas rolled through it and grabbed a handful of RVD’s tights to roll him up for the surprise win!

(75)

Cole: Charlie Haas steals the win for he and Rene Dupree. And RVD can’t believe it.

Tazz: Well, Haas has said that he’s a better wrestler than RVD, and right now it’s 1-0 Charlie Haas! Plus, you saw RVD go to the top to try the 5 Star Frog Splash, but he wont be able to use that move in his match with Haas at SummerSlam.

Hype Video

A video then plays on the titan tron. I has a dark and moody feel to it. After a few dark images, the word “Nevermore” appears on the screen and then fades away as the video ends.

(91)

We then go to the back where Teddy Long is seen in wrestling gear warming up for his match when Booker T walks in.

Teddy Warms Up

Booker: Hey Teddy, you aight man? You don’t look real good.

Teddy: Hey, I’m fan playa. I’ve been in the ring before, I know my way around. Eddie Guerrero doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself in to tonight, playa!

Booker: Yea, that’s what I like to hear! Eddie Guerrero is gonna get punked out tonight, sucka. I can dig that. I’ll see you out there, man,

As Booker leaves, Teddy stops stretching and slumps down in a seat, obviously worried about his match despite what he told Booker.

(68)

The music of the FBI hits the arena as we get set for tag action.

The FBI (Nunzio and Johnny Stamboli) vs The Thrillseekers (Paul London and Shannon Moore)

This match was the first real big exposure for the Thrillseekers since teaming up. London and Nunzio started off, giving us some good cruiser styles action with London taking control and getting an early near fall with a head scissors. Nunzio tags in Stamboli, who goes to work on London using his size and power, hitting a sidewalk slam and a powerslam for a close two count. The count is broken up by Moore, who takes out Nunzio on the apron and then takes down Stamboli with a dropkick and a clothesline from the top rope. It soon becomes a four man brawl. As the ref tends to Moore and Nunzio on the outside, Kyo Dai run down to the ring. Sakoda jumps on the apron and appears to have something in his hand. London staggers up and Sakoda throws salt at him, but London ducks and it blinds Stamboli! London knocks Sakoda off the apron and then hits a blind Stamboli with a crescent kick followed by the London Calling from the top rope for the win!

(74)

Cole: And in a mild upset, London and Moore beat the FBI!

Tazz: Thanks to an unintentional assist from Kyo Dai. And Nunzio and Stamboli looked pissed, Cole!

The music of Kurt Angle then hits again as the GM makes his way to the ring.

Kurt Calls Out Undertaker

Kurt: I told everyone that I was going to call out the Undertaker here tonight and take care of his disrespectful behavior. And when Kurt Angle says something, he means it. So Undertaker, get out here right now!

The lights dim and the GONG is heard as the Deadman himself appears on the ramp and makes his way to the ring.

Kurt: Now Undertaker, I have said that I vow to rid the WWF of you and secure my legacy here on Smackdown my ending yours! And despite your head games you like to play like you did last week, I’m not afraid of you Taker. So as GM of Smackdown, it looks like I will have to deal with you personally!

Kurt begins to take off his jacket, looking like he is going to fight the Undertaker. Taker seems happy to oblige and takes off his coat, followed by his hat and does his trademark eye roll. Just as it appears Angle and Taker will go at it, from the back runs the Big Show and a Matt Morgan! Show and Morgan hit Taker from behind and beat him down to the mat. All three men lay the boots to Taker, until he sits up with a crazy look in his eye! Kurt is scared at this, but Show and Morgan quickly take the boots to Taker again, and Show gives him a chokeslam, followed by a powerbomb from Morgan that puts Taker down for good. Kurt gets one last kick in before backing up the ramp in between his clientele of Big Show and Matt Morgan with a smile on his face.

(80)

Cole: Kurt Angle acted like he might show some guts and take on the Undertaker one on one, but instead leads him into a three on one attack.

Tazz: And it looks like in addition to Big Show, Angle has acquired the services of Matt Morgan! Hopefully we can get some more information on this relationship.

The music of Eddie Guerrero hits as the WWF Champion makes his way to the ring.

Eddie Guerrero vs Theodore Long

This match was a lot of Long trying to keep away from Eddie. Teddy ran around on the outside for a while before Eddie caught him by the waist of his pants and decked Long with a right hand. Eddie hit a few more shows before Teddy rolled back to the outside and Booker T came trotting down to ringside. Booker and Teddy had short convo as Teddy got back in the ring. Eddie kept his eye on Booker, but as he turned to face Theodore, Booker grabbed Eddie’s leg. Long tried to take advantage and came at Eddie with flailing rights and lefts to his back, but Eddie just shoved Long to the mat and then stomped Booker’s fingers with his boot! Eddie hit a few clotheslines on Teddy before hitting him with a suplex and then went to the top rope. Eddie pointed to Booker, who had a look of disbelief on his face, and delivered a Frog Splash to Long to get the three. After the bell, as Eddie celebrated, Booker got in the ring with a chair. Booker swung at Eddie, but Eddie ducked and took the weapon for himself, smacking Booker in the back and sending him through the ropes and to the outside. Eddie then posed with one foot on Long’s chest and the WWF title raised in one hand, the chair in the other, as Booker backtracked up the ramp, obviously upset.

(69)

Overall Rating= 75%

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

* Smackdown scored a 5.66 rating this week. There were 10,023 people in attendance and WWF made $400,920 from the show.

* Matt Morgan's re-debut this past Thursday was said to have gone over well both to the live crowd and backstage with officials. Management was pleasently surprised to see the heat that Morgan got and hope he can become atleast a midcard heel that they can push in the future. His teaming with Kurt Angle and Big Show should help.

* Charlie Haas is also getting good reviews backstage. Officials hope his feud with RVD can give him a rub and solidify his spot as a midcard contender.

* Look for the mystery superstar that was hyped by video on Smackdown to debut some time after SummerSlam.

* Speaking of SummerSlam, there is only one more week of shows left before PPV. Look for a final card to be posted in the next week.

Feud Status on Smackdown

Eddie Guerrero vs Booker T 91

John Cena vs Rene Dupree 83

Undertaker vs Big Show 94

Charlie vs Rob Van Dam 82

Dont forget to check out Velocity and Raw this week!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 21, 2004

Styles: Hello everyone and welcome once again to Velocity! We are just eight days away from SummerSlam and we have alot to talk about, but lets get started with some cruiserweight action!

Ultimo Dragon vs Jamie Noble

This was a fast paced cruiser match, with Dragon getting the advatage early with his quick feet. Noble regained some composure and scord a few nearfalls with a powerslam and a back breaker. In the end, as Noble tied Dragon up for a Tiger Bomb, Dragon fought out and ended up sling shotting Noble into the turnbuckle, followed up quickly by the Asai DDT for the win.

(84)

Styles: An impressive win for Ultimo Dragon! The Dragon is quietly moving up the cruiser ranks.

The music of Rhyno hits the arena as the X-Rated member makes his way to the ring.

Rhyno vs Maven

Maven tried to use his quickness early to offset the Man Beast's power, but Rhyno soon caught Maven in a sidewalk slam that ended all his momentum. Rhyno hit a few power moves, softening Maven up. Maven was able to sidestep Rhyno's first attempt at a Gore, but Maven then went to the top rope and crashed and burned on a cross body attempt. Rhyno then geared up and hit the Gore for the decisive win.(76)

Coach: The Man Beast looking very impressive and focused here tonight. Leave it to a guy like Christian to find the perfect guy to be the powerhouse of X-Rated, and you can be sure Rhyno will be wathching when Christian takes on Edge at SummerSlam.

We then go the backstage area where Josh Mattthews is with the FBI.

Interview with the FBI

Josh: I'm here with Nunzio and Johnny the Bull. Guys, what....

Nunzio snatches the mic from Josh.

Nunzio: Listen here, Matthews, and yous too cross eyes. Yea, I'm talkin to yous guys, Akio and Sakoda. You two punks want to interfere and then cost us a match this past Thursday against London and Moore? I got news for ya, pals. There's only one mafia, one Familia, in the WWF and you're lookin at it. The FBI runs this turf, and we're gonna show yous exactlty what we do to tresspassers on our turf!

Johnny: Fahgetaboutit!

(67)

The muisc of the tag champs hits as Rikishi and Scotty make their way to the ring for our next match.

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty © vs The Bashams

Scotty started the match with Danny, and got a quick offense going, hitting a hip toss and leg sweep. Danny gouged the eyes to bring the momentum to he and Doug. Danny used his power advantage and kept Scotty in the Bashams corner for most of the match, tagging in and out with Doug. Scotty fought back, slamming the two Bashams heads together and then jumping to make the tag to Rikishi. The Kish came in on fire, knocking both men to the mat with clotheslines. Rikishi knocked Danny into the corner for the Stink Face, but Doug broke it up. Scotty then took Doug to the outside with a dropkick, and as Danny tried to attack Kish from behind, Rikishi turned it into a Somoan Drop, followed by the Rikishi Driver for the win.

(72)

Styles: An important win for the champs as they head into SummerSlam to defend the titles against the Dudleys!

Bobby Heenan then leads his client, Sean O'Haire, out to the arena for the next match.

Sean O'Haire w/Bobby Heenan vs Billy Gunn

Billy Gunn atempted to bring down O'Haire, who had been on a roll lately, including a hard fought loss to World Champion Chris Benoit a few weeks ago. Gunn held his own against the youngster, hitting a splash in the corner early followed by a bulldog for a two. O'Haire fought back with a big boot to the head and a shoulder breaker for a near fall. Gunn wouldn't quit, whipping O'Haire to the corner when Heenan got on the apron. Gunn jawed with The Brain, and it gave O'Haire enough time to recover. Gunn charged for another splash, but O'Haire moved out of the way and then hit the dazed Gunn wth the Prophecy slam for the win.

(75)

Coach: Another good win picked up by Sean O'Haire. Look for big things from this man!

Kyo Dai then made their way out to the ring for their match with the FBI

Kyo Dai vs The FBI

This one broke down in a hurry. Nunzio started off with Akio, and we got some good cruiser style action from the two. Sakoda interjected himself in the match, hitting Nunzio in the back as he ran the ropes. This brought The Bull over and it turned into a four man brawl. Akio crept to the top rope and hit Nunzio with a flying kick to the head during the melee, but Stamboli broke up the pin attempt with a chair to the back of Akio, getting the FBI DQed. Stamboli threw Akio to the outside and kept Sakoda at bay with the weapon with the two teams staring eachother down.

(69)

Styles: This one broke down in a hurry. I dont think we've seen the last encounter between these two teams!

The Women's Champion, Victoria, then made her way out for a title defense.

Women's Title Match

Victoria © vs Molly Holly

These two have been having their problems recently, with Victoria stripping Molly last week. Molly went on the offensive early, hitting some hard shots and a northern lights suplex for a two. Victoria fought back with a boot to the gut and a neckbreaker, followed by a standing moonsault for a two. Molly reversed a whip into the corner, but missed on a charging clothesline attempt. As Molly was favoring her arm, Victoria rolled her up in a backslide for the quick win! After the match, Molly went to the outside and grabbed a chair, visually upset. As Molly snuck into the ring and looked ready to take Vic out, Stevie Richards ran down to the ring and grabbed the chair from Molly, preventing her from hitting Victoria. As Molly went back up the ramp screaming at Victoria, Stevie checked on Vic and the two then shook hands.

(74)

Coach: If it hadn't been for Stevie Richards, Molly may have rearranged the pretty little face of Victoria with that chair. Why does Stevie continue to help out Victoria anyway? What a putz!

We then focus in on the video screen as the Phenom, the Undertaker, appears and has a few words.

Undertaker Promo

Taker: Kurt Angle, Big Show, and now Matt Morgan. Three men who hope to end the reign of darkness of the Undertaker. But be assured, many have tried before, and all have been buried! Kurt Angle, you can send as many mercenaries as you like, but I will not be laid to rest. Big Show, your demise will come at SummerSlam, and Angle and Morgan, your days will come. But at SummerSlam, Big Show, prepare to look into the eyes of the reaper. And after you realzie that he can not be conquered, you will rest...in...peace!

(91)

After those chilling words, the "Reflection of Perfection" Mark Jindrak makes his way out with Sable.

Mark Jindrak vs Hardcore Holly

Holly took it to the youngster, introducing him to some patented Holly chops to the chest. Holly hit some offensive moves, taking the "Reflection" down with a piledriver for a two. Jindrak fought back, hitting a big boot and a running powerslam for a near fall. Holly got back in to it, dropkicking Jindrak and then drapingf him on the top rope and kicking him in the "lower extremities." Sable hopped up onto the apron, getting Holly's attention. Holly pointed at Sable and told her to move, but he turned his back on Jindrak and with the ref distracted by Sable, Mark gave Holly a low blow followed by the MJ Delight for the win over the verteran.

(74)

Styles: An impressive, even if tainted, win for Jindrak. This kid has all the tools to do some big things, and speaking of big things, he's got Sable at his side too!

The music of Chris Benoit then hits as the World Champion makes an unusual appearance for the main event.

World Heavyweight Title Match

Chris Benoit © vs Tajiri

Benoit and Tajiri showned some excellent chain wrestling in the early goings, with both men showing off their technical skill. Tajiri then resorted to his educated feet, striking Benoit with kicks to the legs and ribs. Tajiri rattled Benoit with a kick to the head and got a two count. Benoit took over, however, after Tajiri went for the Tarantula and Benoit turned it into a German suplex! Benoit followed it up with two more and then signaled for the end. Benoit waited and then locked on the Crippler Crossface. Tajiri held on as long as he could, but evntually tapped out to the champion.

(79)

Coach: A nice defense my the World champion, but what will he do at SummerSlam when he faces not one, but two men, in a triple threat match against Triple H and Chris Jericho? Dont forget to check out Raw this Monday, until then, so long everybody!