WWF 2004

Guest Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 9, 2004

Smackdown opens with a shot of the backstage parking lot where a low rider comes squealing into the lot. WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero gets out and does not look happy. He tosses the keys to a valet and tells him "Don't scratch it." Eddie then stalks towards the arena doors with his bags and obviously has something on is mind after last week's sneak attack by Raven.

Rikishi vs Bubba Ray Dudley

One half of the new tag team champs goes one on one with one half of the former champs. Rikishi's leg is still taped up from the tag match last week. Bubba tries to trade blows with Kish, but it doesn't bode well for him. Rikishi controls the match early on with his size. Bubba moves out of the way as Rikishi charges him in the corner. Bubba drops Rikishi with a neckbreaker for a two. Bubba locks Kish in a full nelson for the Bubba Bomb, but is obviously too heavy to lift. Rikishi reverses it into a Samoan Drop. This brings out D-Von from the back. Rikishi drage Bubba to the corner for the Banzai Drop, but D-Von gets on the apron and distracts the ref. Bubba rolls to the outside and grabs the tag team title. Bubba charges Rikishi with the belt, but Rikishi ducks abd Bubba nails D-Von in the head with the belt instead! D-Von falls to the floor and Rikishi picks Bubba up and hits the Rikishi Driver for the win. After the bell, D-Von gets in the ring and hits Kish in the back with the title belt. He and Bubba put the boots to Rikishi until Scotty 2 Hotty runs down the aisle and chases the Dudleys off before checking on his partner.

Words From the Raven

We then go to a dark area in the arena where we see Raven sitting in a corner.

Raven: Last week I made my presence felt by striking at the top. And because of who is at the top, I am labeled the villain. Eddie Guerrero, the WWF Champion, has become the sentimental story of the year, the one the fans love and cheer, a man enjoying the luxuries of life. Eddie embodies everything that I loathe! He is the epitome of what I am not. I am not one that fans embrace. No one loves me. Does anyone know my story, the demons I've faced? And does anyone even care to know? I doubt it. But Eddie Guerrero does have one thing that I admire, and that is the WWF title. Eddie, of all the demons you've conquered in your life, you've yet to meet one the likes of me. Your destinty lies with me! When the time comes, and you meet me face to face, you will wilt and wither, and an era or darkness will sweep over Smackdown. I am the demon you cannot overcome. Look into my eyes, Eddie, and see your destiny. Quote the Raven, nevermore!

Angle Gives Show the Night Off

We then see Smackdown GM Kurt Angle sitting in his office with Big Show and Matt Morgan, who look to be in a rather happy mood. They are all sipping glasses of champagne and seem to be celebrating.

Show: I tell ya Boss, did you see the way the Undertaker was dropped last week? I locked him in that chokeslam and WHAM! Lights out!

Angle: I must admit, last week was a rewarding experience for yours truly. I vowed to rid the WWF of the Undertaker, and he witnessed first hand that he is no match for my superior mind, wit, and man power. You did good last week Show, you both did very well. The Undertaker learned his lesson last week. You dont mess with an Olympic gold medalist. Woo! As a matter of fact, I'm in a pretty good mood tonight. So I tell you what. Big Show, for doing such an exceptional job last week, pinning the Undertaker 1-2-3, you can have the night off!

Show: What?

Angle: Oh it's true! Go on, take some champagne, my personal limo is outside, take it and go have a good time tonight. Paint the town red! You've earned it big man!

Show: Alright, if you insist! Ha ha! Have a good night, fellas.

As Show leaves, Angle sits back in his chair and sips some champagne with a big smile on his face.

Rey Mysterio vs Ultimo Dragon

The winner of this match will get a Cruiserweight Title shot. Rey and Dragon go through a series of take downs and head scissors, getting a nice applause from the crowd. Ultimo takes control with a hard roundhouse kick to Rey's sternum. Dragon puts Rey in a surfboard submission, but Rey refuses to give up. Dragon finally releases the hold and hits Rey with a back breaker for a two count. Dragon goes to the top rope for an axe handle, but Rey dropkicks him in the gut in mid-air. Rey takes Dragon down with a head scissors and a DDT. Rey goes to the outside and Drops the Dime, but only for a close two count! Rey points to the top, and out walks the Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero. Chavo comes down and stands at ringside as Rey climbs to the top rope, but instead of attacking Dragon, Rey leaps down on top of Chavo! Rey brawls with Chavo until Dragon comes flying from the ring with a plancha and takes down both men! Dragon and Rey both roll back into the ring and take eachother down with a clothesline. The ref begins his ten count, but Chavo gets into the ring. Rey is the first man to reach his feet, and Chavo takes him down with a shot to the head with the Cruiserweight title! Chavo then takes out Dragon with a belt shot as well! The ref calls for the bell and a no decision. Chavo has belted both challengers, so who gets the title shot?

Interview with JBL

We then go to the interview area where Josh Matthews is standing by with John Bradshaw Layfield.

Josh: I'm standing here with JBL, and Mr. Layfield, I have to ask why did you attack the US champion John Cena here on Smacldown last week?

JBL: It's actually very simple, Josh. I have always strived to take actions that will benefit America, our great country. Everything I do is for the good of my fellow American people. And last week, I did just that. I took action to better or society. You see, John Cena represents the downfall of our society today. I moral fabric of America is tearing apart everday, and it's people like John Cena who are at the forefront of that. People who listen to hip-hop music, a genre that promotes violence and promiscuity. People who wear baggy jeans and clothes that don't fit them. That's no way to dress and represent yourself, especially as a respectable American! People who use foul language, disrespect their neighbor, and the list goes on and on. These are all traits the John Cena has and promotes to our youth. And above all else, a person like Cena is representing our country as the United States Champion? I'm not going to stand for it, people. My fellow Americans, I make a vow to you all right now that I will make a strong campaign to be your next US champion. I will lobby the board of directors, I will lobby the GM, and I will not rest until I get a title shot at John Cena. And when I do, and I win the United States championship, you can all breathe easy knowing that morality will return to Smackdown, and you will have a champion that represents you and represents all that is great about this country. With JBL as your US champ, it will be morning again in America!

Raven Issues a Challenge

We come back to the arena and Raven makes his way out. Raven walks to the ring and grabs a mic.

Raven: Tonight, I have decided to leave a message for the Smackodwn locker room and more noteably Eddie Guerrero. A sacrafice made in his name. And since I dont have a scheduled opponent, I dare anyone in the back who wants to make a name for themselves to come out here and stare into the eyes of the Raven.

After a few moments a young man walks out from behind the curtain. No one has seen this guy before, and the announcers say he is a competitor in the farm league of the WWF, OVW. The young man slides in the ring.

Raven: What is your name?

Challenger: AJ (AJ Styles)

Raven: Well, AJ, I admire your gumption. However, tonight, a sacrafice must be made, and an example must be set.

Raven then clobbers AJ with the mic and demands that the bell ring to start this impromptu match.

Raven vs AJ

This wasn't much of a match. Raven dominated from the get go. Raven hit a few of his signature moves, like a russian leg sweep, and then mercifully ended the match with an Evenflow DDT. After the match, Raven pulled a chair into the ring and set it up. Raven whipped AJ off the ropes, and gave him a drop toe hold face first onto the chair! AJ rolled over in pain holding his face as Raven grabbed a mic again.

Raven: Look at him, Eddie. This poor young man's career has been ended before it ever began. His livelihood has been laid at your feet. Quote the Raven, nevermore!

Booker and RVD Meet

We go to the backstage area where Booker T is talking on his cell phone when he spots Rob Van Dam. Book hangs up his phone and the two men go face to face.

Booker: You got a beef, man?

RVD: Yea, with you. What's up with you attacking me from behind last week with a chair?

Booker: I told you not to disrespect me, dog. Im the top superstar on Smackdown! You dont step to me like you did last week. You ain't even on my level, sucka.

RVD: Is that right? If you're so great, why aren't you WWF champion right now? Oh that's right, you got beat! Can't you cut it without somone there to carry you, like I did when we were tag team partners?

Booker: Man, you dont know what you talking bout. You think you carried me, Booker T? We'll see who carried who after I give you a beatdown later tonight. Now can you dig that?

RVD: Oh, I can dig it Book. But you'll just have to learn the hard way that no one gets higher than Rob Van Dam!

Big Show is Attacked

We then go to a shot of the parking lot and what apears to be Kurt Angle's limo. The windows are busted out and the hood is dented. Shards of glass lay on the ground. The camera pans around and we see Big Show laying on the concrete! He is bleeding from the head and is out cold! Looks like Big Show never made it to his night out on the town. Was the Undertaker behind this?

Eddie Calls Out Raven

The music of Eddie Guerrero hits the arena to a big ovation and th chasmpion makes his way to the ring. He grabs a mic and wastes little time in getting to the point.

Eddie: I appreciate the love, vatos, but tonight is very serious. See, last week was a time for celebration, homes, but because of one man I'm not in a very celebration type of mood anymore! Raven, if you want a piece of Latino Heat, homes, come out here a get it!

The crowd pops and Eddie waits for Raven, but there is no response. The ramp remains empty as the crowd chants "Eddie, Eddie."

Eddie: Well if you wont come to me, then I guess I'll have to come to you!

Eddie drops the mic and walks back towards the stage and through the curtains, apparently on a mission to find Raven!

Rob Van Dam and John Cena vs Booker T and JBL

We are told before the match starts that Eddie could not find Raven and that Raven had apparently left the buillding.Van Dam appeared to start the match with Booker, but Booker decided to tag in JBL instead. RVD took control early, using his educated feet on JBL. RVD leg sweeped Bradshaw and hit a standing moonsault for a two. RVD tagged in Cena wqho went to work on JBL with rights and lefts. Cena slammed JBL to the mat. JBL ducked a clothesline from Cena and booted him to the outside. JBL threw Cena into the steel stairs shoulder first, then rolled him back in and tagged Booker. Book worked on Cena's shoulder with elbows and an arm bar. Booker shipped Cena off the ropes and got a two count after a spinebuster. Booker kicked Cena in the gut and looked for the Scissors Kick, but Cena moved out of the way, and gave Booker a DDT! Cena inched towards his corner. Booker tried to grab Cena's foot, but Cena made a leaping tag to RVD. Van Dam pounded on Booker with forearms to the head and gave Book a spinning kick that sent him through the ropes. RVD went to the top rope and hit a moonsault off the top to the floor onto Booker! Both men were laying on the floor, leaving Cena and JBL to face off. Cena struck with a shot to the gut and the Throwback. Cena pumped up his sneaks as Booker and RVD brawled into the crowd, and eventually out of sight. Cena picked up JBL to set him up for an F-U, but Bradshaw hit a low blow to Cena right in front of the ref, causing a DQ. Cena lay on the ground in pain as JBL reached his feet. Bradshaw set Cena up and hit him with a powerbomb! JBL then raised Cena to his feet and laid him out with the Clothesline from Hell! JBL posed over Cena with a smile on his face, his hand raised high, as the show came to a close.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 80%

TV Rating= 5.91

Attendance= 10,042

$= 401,680

* Raven gained overness throughout the show.

* Kurt Angle lost overness from his segment.

* Stephanie McMahon's behavior backstage has been annoying some of the wrestlers in the locker room. Officials have noted this, but no action has been taken.

E-Mails

"I should be higher up the card."- Ultimo Dragon

"Me and AJ didn't have much chemistry. How about booking me in a program with Bubba Ray Dudley?"- Raven

"JBL was working too stiifly."- John Cena

Edited by Prototype

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 11, 2004

Billy Gunn beat Garrison Cade with the Fame-Ass-Er

Jamie Noble pinned Spike Dudley after a Tiger Bomb

A Video was played of Raven's appearance on Smackdown this week and his chair attack of A.J.

Christian w/Trish beat The Hurricane after using the ropes for leverage to get the pin

Lance Storm and Molly Holly defeated Stevie Richards and Victoria after Stevie accidentally superkicked Victoria and Molly got the pin

Charlie Haas beat Funaki with a Haas of Pain

The Bashams beat The Thrillseekers after the Bashams pulled "the switch" and Shannon Moore missed a moonsault

A Video of the Bret Hart/Vince McMahon confrontation from this past Monday was shown

Jeff Hardy w/Lita drew Tajiri when John Heidenreich came down to the ring and destroyed both men with chokeslams and powerbombs

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week on Raw we will hear from the World Champion Chris Benoit. What was his motive behind attacking his friend Chris Jericho last week with a steel chair?

Also this Monday, we wll hear from Vince McMahon and get his thoughts on the appearance of Bret Hart last week and his challenge for Unforgiven.

Plus, what repercussions will Kane have to face after sending GM Eric Bischoff to the hospital last week?

And in the main event, Edge will take on Evolution member Ric Flair. Edge punked out Triple H last week, so this week the Game has sent the "Nature Boy" to deal with Edge.

All this, plus Shelton Benjmain takes on Rhyno and an appearance by HBK Shawn Michaels! This week on Raw!

Just caught up and I gotta say, I like it. It's got some pushes you wouldn't exspect and some you do. I also like the shorter results, as it's easier to read them imo.

Good stuff, and push Christian :shifty:

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 13, 2004

A pyro display opens up Raw. With the crowd on their feet, their cheers turn to a mixture of boos as the music of the World Champion, Chris Benoit, hits the arena. Benoit makes his way to the ring and grabs a mic.

Benoit: You know, ever since last week everyone has been asking my 'why?' Why did you attack Chris Jericho last week? Why did you shake his hand one moment and then smack him in the back with a steel chair the next? Well the answer is quite simple. Chris Jericho is after my World title! He was never my friend, he was never my partner, he was only out for himself and he was only out to try and steal away my championship! Jericho is jealous because he can never be the wrestler that I am. See I realized around the time of SummerSlam that Jericho was plotting against me. I had Triple H coming at me from one angle, and then I had Jericho, who claimed to be my 'friend', coming at me from another. You turned on me, Jericho. Everyone wanted a piece of this belt! I can trust no one. So all I did last week, just like I did at SummerSlam, was cover all my bases. I told you, Jericho, and I told all these fans that I would do whatever it takes to hold on to this title. And you would have done the exact same thing, Jericho! And now, just because it was you at the other end of that chair rather than Triple H or someone else, these fans have alos turned their back on me. Well that's fine. All I care about is this right here. I worked long and hard for this title, and I will not let it go easily. But I am a fighting champion, and tonight I will defend my title against a worthy up and comer here on Raw. And after I out smart, out wrestle, and basically cripple my opponent, I will have proven once again that I am the greatest wrestler today! And then at Unforgiven, Chris Jericho, you will see first hand the I am for real, and I will walk out, like I always do, as the World Heavyweight Champion!

World Tag Team Title Match

Sex and Violence © vs Hurricane and Rosey

This was a rematch from the tag team title tournament finals at SummerSlam. Hurricane seemed to catch Val off guard with some quick manuvers, overwhelming Venis with right hands and making a quick tag to Rosey who avalanched Val in the corner. Rosey beat on Val before Venis telegraphed a back body drop and hit a swinging neckbreaker. Val was able to make the tag to Test. Test was able to match power with Rosey a little better and got a two count with a big sidewalk slam. Test tried to end it with the Big Boot, but Rosey ducked and hit his Rosey Slam. Venis broke up the close two count, followed in by Hurricane. A four man brawl broke out. Rosey dumped Test to the outside and followed him out. Val and Hurricane slugged it out in the ring, with Hurricane getting the best of it after a flying clothesline. On the outside, Test whipped Rosey into the ring post shoulder first and then threw him into the steel steps. Hurricane in the meantime went to the top rope, but with Rosey incapacitated Test slid back in the ring. Hurricane flew off the top after Val, but Test caught him square in the face with a Big Boot in mid air! Test then made the easy three count to retain the titles.

Shelton Benjamin vs Rhyno

Rhyno attacked Shelton at the bell, pummeling him in the corner with rights and lefts. Rhyno overpowered Shelton for a bulk of the match, landing some clubbing blows to Shelton's back and getting a near fall after a big spine buster. Rhyno threw Shelton to the corner, but Benjamin moved out of the way of a Rhyno charge. Shelton dropkicked Rhyno in the back and sent him chest first into the turnbuckle, and follwed that up with a side Russian leg sweep for a two. Shelton sized Rhyno up and hit a superkick. 1..2..Rhyno got a foot on the bottom rope. Rhyno mounted a small offensive attack with a sidewalk slam, but then missed an elbow drop from the middle rope. Benjamin pointed to the top and scaled the ropes. Benajmin flew at Rhyno with a cross body, but Rhyno caught him! Rhyno lifted Shelton onto his shoulder for a running powerslam, but Shelton slipped out behind Rhyno. Rhyno turned around and appeared to attempt a Gore, but Benjamin leapfrogged him and Rhyno ran shoulder first into the ring post. Shelton then slapped on the T-Bone suplex and got the win! As Shelton celebrated, Randy Orton ran down to the ring. This time, though, Shelton saw him coming. He and Orton exchanged rights. Shelton whipped Orton off the ropes and grabbed him in the T-Bone position, but Orton elbowed Shelton in the side of the head to get himself free and hit the RKO! Orton stood looking down on Shelton with a smirk on his face. For the second week in a row, the Intercontinental champion has laid out Benjamin.

Austin Lays Down the Law

The glass shatters and out stomps Stone Cold Steve Austin. He walks to the ring and grabs a mic.

Austin: Tonight, there is a little but of administrative business to take care of. Last week, one son of a bitch named Kane took out another son of a bitch named Eric Bischoff. Now under usual circumstances I wouldn't give a damn, but it did get me thinking that if Kane has no problem in attacking authority figures, he should pick on one his own size like Stone Cold Steve Austin! Even though I dont like the guy, Bischoff was a sitting duck against a guy like Kane. Since last week, Eric Biscoff has been laid up in a hospital with a head injury, and honestly I dont know if he'll ever be back. Hopefully not, be we'll see! But now, as the sole acting GM on Raw (pop) I have decided to take action against that Big Red Freak. So Kane, as punishment for your actions last week, you are suspended as of tonight! Seeing as how it is about 10:00 right now, you are suspended until 10:00 the night of Unforgiven. You will not be competing at Unforgiven, and your suspension will be up after the event. Now that that's out of the way, I feel like celebrating my new position. Bring on the beer!

As a ringside attendant starts to throw beer to Austin, the music of the Outsiders hits the arena. Nash and Hall walk out onto the stage, mic in the hand of Nash. Hall leans in and speaks first.

Hall: Hey yo! Hey Austin, congratulations, mane. But according to the big man here, I wouldn't be celebrating just yet, chico.

Nash: Ya see Austin, I went and visited Eric in the hospital last week. And before he had to relinquish his GM position, he made a change to our contract for Unforgiven. Now the winner of our match will become the sole GM of Raw! So enjoy your power while it lasts Austin, because after Unforgiven Raw will be run Outsider style! And our first order of business will be to fire your ass off Raw for good!

Hall: Now that's too sweet!

The Outsiders walks back through the curtain as Austin stares them down with a pissed off look.

Shawn Michaels vs Lance Storm

The HBK return to Raw tour continued with this match against Storm. Lance got in some good offense early in the match, keeping Michaels down with a crescent kick to the temple and a neckbreaker for a two. Michaels fought back with forearms to the head and a dropkick. Michaels hit a backbreaker for a two. Michaels whipped Lance off the ropes, but Storm telegraphed HBK's manuveur and turned it into a one legged Boston Crab! Storm cinched it in as HBK inched to the ropes. Michaels finally reached the ropes, making the ref break the hold. Storm let go like he had won, but the ref informed him that he hadn't. Storm couldnt believe it. Storm argued with the ref, which lead to his demise. HBK hit Storm with a flying forearm and the nipped up. Michaels beat on Lance and slammed him to the mat, follwed up by an elbow drop from the top! HBK tuned up the band and then nailed Storm with Sweet Chin Music! 1..2..3! Shawn celebrated with the crowd when Batista ran out from the back and clobbered HBK in the back of the head with a clothesline. Batista picked Michaels up and dropped him with the Batista Bomb! Batista stood over Shawn and yelled "Why won't you just learn to stay down! You'll learn, Shawn, you'll learn!"

Hardy Looks On

As Batista leaves the ring, we see Matt Hardy walking backstage. He passes a monitor and watches what just happened between Batista and Shawn Michaels. Hardy shakes his head and says to himself, "That Batista needs a Mattitude adjustment."

Locker Room Ashambles

We then go to a shot of what was Kane's locker room. The room is a mess. Tables and chairs are overturned and there are a few holes in the wall. Apparently, Kane didnt take his suspension kindly.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Chris Benoit © vs Maven

Maven was apparently the worthy up and comer Benoit was talking about. Maven and Benoit met in the middle of the ring and it looked like Benoit was praising Maven and promised to give him a clean match, then smacked Maven right across the face! Maven fired back with right hands, backing Benoit into the corner. Benoit reversed positions and slung Maven to the buckle. Benoit then laid a few stiff chops across the chest of Maven. Benoit worked over Maven for a good while, hitting Maven with a back breaker and snap suplexes almost nonchalantly. Benoit slammed Maven to the mat and went to the top rope, but watsed a little too much time and Maven moved out of the way of a diving headbutt. Maven mounted a small comeback, rocking Benoit with rights and a nice dropkick. Maven went to the top and hit a flying bulldog! 1..2..Benoit kicks out! Maven felt he was so close. Maven went back to the top rope. Maven attempted a a cross body and hit it, but Benoit rolled through it and got Maven in the Crossface! After a few moments, Maven had no choice but to tap out. Benoit grabbed his title and held it high in the middle of the ring. From the crowd behind him came Chris Jericho! Jericho wielded a chair and slid into the ring. Benoit saw him, though, and barely ducked out of the ring away from a swinging chair shot from Jericho. Jericho slapped the chair on the mat and dared Benoit to come back to the ring as Benoit backtracked up the ramp pointing to his World title on his shoulder.

Promo From Vince

We then go 'Live' to the offices in Stamford where Vince McMahon is standing by.

Vince: Last week, I received what I can only call an unexpected surprise when Bret "The Hitman" Hart appeared on Raw. To have Bret come on Raw the same night as I was making my retirement speech was a shock, but I was ready to accept that. In fact, at first I almost welcomed it. To have a legend return the same night another legend was retiring would have been great. But Bret had no such intentions. He was there solely to try and humiliate me and ruin my big night. And then he had the grapefruits to challenge me to a match at Unforgiven! Bret Hart is obviously still a bitter, bitter man. It saddens me, really. And usually I would just let a man like him wallow in his own pity. But frankly, Bret Hart has been a thorn in my side for years now. And I cant think of any better way to leave the WWF than to pluck that thorn from my side once and for all! So I formally accept your challenge for Unforgiven, Bret Hart. And at Unforgiven, you'll learn you should never cross the boss. You career will be excellently executed by Vincent Kennedy McMahon!

Ric Flair vs Edge

Edge started the match out hot, taking Flair down with clotheslines and giving him a mandatory back drop. Edge whipped Flair to the buckle and Flair flipped over the ropes onto the apron. Edge then dropkicked Flair to the floor. Edge tried to bring Flair back in, but Flair tripped Edge and slammed his leg into the ring post. Flair then began to work over Edge's leg, softening him up for the Figure Four. Flair took Edge to the corner and hit a few chops to the chest. Flair slammed Edge to the mat and decided to go up top. Like always, it didnt work out and Edge slammed Flair down from the top rope to the canvas. Edge took Flair to the corner and it was his turn to deliver some chops. Edge nailed Flair with a DDT and got a two count. Ric poked the yes of Edge and then took him down with a chop block to his leg. Flair then set Edge up and locked in the Figure Four! Flair cinched it in as Edge reached for the ropes. Edge beat the mat in pain. Edge was in the middle of the ring and couldnt reach them, so Edge tried and finally turned Flair over, reversing the pressure. Flair was forced to release the hold. Edge blocked a right hand and gave Flair one of his own. Edge rocked Flair with a few more and took him down with a back drop, followed up with the Downward Spiral. Flair barely kicked out at two. Edge went to whip Flair off the ropes, but Flair reversed it. Edge ducked a clothesline attempt and bounced back off the other side of the ring with the Spear! Edge then covered for the three! After the bell, Batista walked down to the ring. Batista stood in the rampway, daring Edge to come get him some. As Edge jawed with Batista, Triple H came out through the crowd and got into the ring. He spun Edge around and hit him with a Pedigree! Batista and Flair looked like they were going to help with the attack, but Trips stopped them and told them to go to the back, saying "I got this." Flair and Batista walked to the back as Triple H rolled to the outside and grabbed the ring bell. Edge got up to one leg and one knee when Trips nailed him in the head with the bell! Edge was busted open! Triple H grabbed Edge by the face and screamed "This is why I am the Game!" Triple H then gave Edge a second Pedigree! Trips stood over Edge and posed to the crowd as the show came to a close with Edge's face planted on the mat in a pool of blood.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 77%

TV Rating= 5.56

Attendance= 10,008

$= 400,320

* Steve Austin lost overness from his segment.

* Shelton Benjamin gained overness and Rhyno lost overness from their match.

* The World Tag Team Titles gained in image.

* Ric Flair was sluggish in his match with Edge.

E-Mails

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Hurricane

"I think you might be pushing me too high up the card. The fans seem to be resenting me."- Chris Benoit

"Me and Edge don't have much chemsitry in the ring. How about putting me in some matches with someone like Kevin Nash."- Ric Flair

"Mark Jindrak would be a great opponent for me."- John Cena

News

* Eric Bischoff has been released from the WWF. He had not been happy and threatened to sit out his contract. This explains the injury angle played out with Kane, and the GM stipulation out on the Austin/Nash match at Unforgiven.

* David Flair has been signed to a development deal. This was seen mostly as a favor to Ric Flair.

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

If the past few weeks are any indication, who knows what will happen this week on Smackdown.

Rumor has it that WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero will call out Raven. Will Raven answer Latino Heat's challenge this week?

Plus, last week the Big Show was laid out in the parking lot. Was the Undertaker behind it? And if so, is Kurt Angle running out of bodies to put in front of him and the Deadman?

All this sits in question, plus JBL continues his campaign to get a shot at the United States Championship, and current US champ John Cena defends his title against Charlie Haas.

All this and much more on Smackdown!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 16, 2004

Smackdown begins with the music of the General Manager, Kurt Angle, hitting the arena. The Olympic Champion walks out to the ring, alone, and asks for a mic.

Kurt: You know, last week here on Smackdown, I was in a rather good mood. I was relaxed, I was stress free, and I gave the Big Show the night off. Well tonight, I am in no such mood. You see, last week, Big Show didnt get to enjoy his night off because he never made it out of the parking lot! He was ruthlessly and gutlessly attacked on his way to the limo. (Kurt takes a long pause, and then boils over with anger) And I know it was you, Undertaker! I know it was you who attacked the Big Show in the parking lot last week. I would have thought that a veteran like yourself would have taken your defeat by the Big Show and Matt Morgan two weeks ago a little more professionally, but I guess I was wrong. You knew that the ONLY way you could take out the Big Show was from behind and sneak attacking. And I will hand it to you, Deadman. You taught me a lesson. You taught me never to let my guard down. Kudos to you. But as GM of Smackdown, and simply as an honorable Olympic Hero, I will not stand for such a blatant act of cowardice. I take it as a personal slap in the face. So Undertaker, I am demanding that you appear tonight and face Matt Morgan one on one! I made a promise a few months ago to rid the WWF of you, Taker. And I will not rest on that promise because I am a man of my word. And when your career is finally buried, my name will be written in the history books, along with the rest of my great accomplishments, as the man who killed off the Deadman! Oh it's true, it's true!

Scotty 2 Hotty vs D-Von Dudley

These two men's partners squared off last week, now it's their turn. D-Von took the early advantage, clubbing Scotty with blows to the back and attempting an early pin after a neckbreaker. D-Von whipped Scotty to the corner, but Scotty moved out of the way of a charging D-Von and rolled him up for a quick two. Scotty mounted his comeback, chopping away at D-Von and hitting a spinning DDT. Scotty whipped D-Von chest first into the buckle and hit a bulldog, setting him up for the Worm. Bubba Ray ran down to ringside and jumped up on the apron, but Scotty met him and knocked him down to the floor with a right hand. However, this gave D-Von enough time to recoup and grabbed Scotty from behind and nailed the Saving Grace and got the three count. After the bell, Bubba got in the ring and he and D-Von put the boots to Scotty until Rikishi came lumbering to the ring. Rikishi knocked Bubba to the mat with a right hand and then began to slug it out with D-Von. As he and D-Von brawled, Bubba came back in with a tag title belt and dropped Rikishi with a shot to the back of the head. Bubba then nailed Scotty with a belt shot as well. Bubba and D-Von stood over Rikishi and Scotty with the 3D sign in the air.

Raven Makes an Appearance

As we get set for the next match, the music of Raven hits the arena. Raven appears on the stage and walks to the ring, taking a seat in a corner and grabbing a mic.

Raven: Last week, I made my debut here on Smackdown. And ever since then, I have been ridiculed and berated unfairly! People ask why I didnt come out to face Eddie Guerrero last week. Was it because I was afraid? I can assure you that was not the case. The fact was, I was not here last week to fight Eddie Guerrero. I wanted to make a statement to Eddie Guerrero.....and I did that by sending a young soul into purgatory.....but I wanted to make a statement, not come to violence. I'm not a violent man; it's not my style. And the fact of the matter is that at the time of Eddie's apparent challenge, I was already out of the building. So if you ask me, who is coward that challenges someone who isn't even present? But I will say this, Eddie Guerrero. Your destiny lies with me, and therefore I call the shots. You know, deep in your soul, that I am the demon you cannot conquer. So Eddie, know that.....

Raven is cut off by the music of Eddie Guerrero! Eddie makes his way out to a nice ovation with a mic.

Eddie: Hey Raven, you know I got a little tired of hearing you ramble on and on while I was in the back. And if I remember correctly, it was you who attacked me from behind two weeks ago, so I dont how you get off calling me a coward, esse! But if that's the way you want it, OK, fine by me. Maybe you weren't here last week when I called you out. But it looks like you're here now, homes! So I say you get it on with Latino Heat right here tonight!

The crowd cheers as Eddie awaits Raven's answer.

Raven: If it's a match you're requesting.....I'll think about it. I tell you what Eddie. I'll meet you back here in the ring later tonight, and you'll get your answer.

Raven then drops his mic and rolls out of the ring, then makes his exit through the crowd. Eddie just stares towards the ring, realizing just how weird a customer Raven is.

Mark Jindrak w/Sable vs Hardcore Holly

The veteran Holly took on a young up and comer in Jindrak. Jindrak decided he wanted to try and intimidate Holly by posing, but Holly just gave him a stiff chop to the chest. Holly swarmed Jindrak early, putting the boots to him in the corner and setting him up on the ropes before delivering a swift kick to the gut. Jindrak rolled to the outside and Holly followed him, but Jindrak was able to shove Holly into the ring post. Jindrak rolled Holly into the ring and worked on his shoulder. Jindrak slammed Holly to the mat and went to the top rope. Jindrak tried to connect with a flying clothesline, but missed. Holly gave Jindrak a Falcon Arrow slam for a close two. Holly signaled for the Alabama Slam, but as he set Jindrak up, Jindrak slipped out and reversed it into the MJ Delight out of nowhere. Jindrak then covered Holly and got the win.

Kurt Books Two Matches

We go to the back and see Kurt Angle getting coffee from a machine. Rey Mysterio then walks up next to him.

Kurt: Can I help you?

Rey: Yea, you can. Last week, Chavo Guerrero got involved in my number one contender's match and there was no winner declared. So I'm coming to you and asking for my rightful title shot.

Kurt: Rey, look, I...

Ultimo Dragon walks up on the other side of Angle.

Dragon: All due respect, Rey, but I was in that match last week, and you did not beat me. I should get the title shot.

Kurt: Fine, you....

Up walks Jamie Noble, and then Nunzio as well.

Noble: Hold on up there, boss. If you gonna be just handing out title shots, I think I need a piece of that.

Nunzio: Hey, Angle, howsabout you let me bring the Cruiserweight title to the FBI, eh? The rest of you guys can fuhgetaboutit!

All four men start talking at one time before Angle breaks it up.

Kurt: Shut up! Shut up, all of you! I dont have time for this. I have more important things to worry about. If you all want a Cruiserweight title shot so bad, you're going to have to earn it. Next week, you four will compete in an elimination match and the winner will be the number one contender. But for now, since you all seem ready to go at it, we're going to have a tag match tonight. Rey and Dragon against Noble and Nunzio. Now if you'll excuse me.

Angle walks off as the other four men part ways to get ready for their match.

JBL For Champion!

A video airs of John Bradshaw Layfield. It is in a political election type format, with pictures and video of JBL in different matches and out in the community, including his attack of John Cena last week. A voice over hypes him up, and the final slogan reads "Go With JBL For a New America." (Paid for by the 'JBL for US Champion' committee)

United States Championship Match

John Cena © vs Charlie Haas

Haas put on a good showing here, taking Cena down early with a few amateur moves and holds. Haas hit a belly to belly suplex and got an early two count. Cena ducked a clothesline attempt and hit one of his own. Cena whipped Haas off the ropes and hit a back body drop, followed up by a hip toss and a DDT for a nearfall. Haas raked the eyes of Cena and pushed him to the corner, connecting with some hard chops and a monkey flip. Haas picked Cena up for a slam, but Cena slipped out and got Haas in position for the FU! Haas wiggled out of that as well, though, and hit Cena with a German suplex. Charlie then locked on the Haas of Pain! Haas cinched it in and Cena was in obviuos pain and reaching for the ropes. The crowd cheered Cena on and he was finally able to reach the ropes, forcing Haas to the release the hold. Haas couldnt believe it, but wasnt about to let this opportuntiy go by. Haas went up to the top rope and waited for Cena to reach his feet. Haas came off for a flying clothesline, but Cena caught him with a shot to the gut. With Haas bent over and the air knocked out of him, Cena ran the ropes and hit the Throwback. Cena pumped up the sneakers and dropped the Five Knuckle Shuffle on to Haas. Cena then motioned for Haas to get up and caught Charlie with the FU! 1..2..3. Cena celebrated with his title and gave an "Up Yours" gesture toward the video screen where JBL's video had just played before his match.

Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon vs Jamie Noble and Nunzio

Dragon started it off with Noble. These two exchanged some chain wrestling hold, with Dragon getting the best of it after a head scissors. Alot of quick moves in this one. Dragon tried to backdrop Noble to the floor, but Noble landed on the apron, only to be knocked down by a thrust kick to the chest by Dragon. Nunzio charged into the ring, but was met by Mysterio who used his momentum to throw Nunzio to the floor as well. Rey and Dragon then hit double suidicide dives on to Nunzio and Noble! Back in the ring it was Rey and Noble going at it. Rey hit a hurricanran on Noble, but the pin was broken up by Nunzio. Dragon then entered the ring and brawled with Nunzio, eventually falling to the outside. Noble charged Rey, but was dropped down onto the middle rope. Rey signaled for the 619. Rey charged Noble, but Noble ducked Rey's swinging legs. On the outside, Dragon knocked Nunzio down to the floor and got to the apron. In the ring, Noble side stepped Rey and used his momentum to run him into Dragon, who was setting up for the Asai Moonsault on the apron. Dragon and Rey hit forehead to forehead, allowing Noble to roll up Rey for the upset! Rey and Dragon stood in the ring perplexed as Noble and Nunzio walked up the ramp with their arms raised.

Come Get Some....Sucka

We now go to the backstage area where we see Rob Van Dam walking the halls. Teddy Long then calls out to him.

Theodore: Hey playa.

RVD: What do ypu want?

Theodore: Listen here, RVD. I know you're prolly still illin' from the beatdown Booker T put on ya last week in the tag match. And I know that after last week you'd love to get your hands on my man Book.

RVD: You're right about that.

Theodore: Well I can make that happen, playa. I am Booker T's advisor, ya know. All you gotta do is play your cards right, and you just might get a match with the greatest superstar on Smackdown! It will make you famous, Rob. Bele' dat!

RVD: Whatever.

A steel chair then smacks RVD in the back, sending him to the ground. Booker T then enters the picture with the weapon in hand and drives the chair into RVD's ribs.

Booker: Now how you like that, sucka! Let's got Teddy.

Booker leaves as Teddy, with a big smile, gives a chuckle and struts off behind Booker.

The Undertaker vs Matt Morgan

Morgan attacked Taker at the bell, moving the Deadman into the corner. Morgan laid a few rights to the gut of Taker. Taker reversed a whip into the far corner and followed in with a clothesline in the buckle. Taker jabbed with lefts and rights to Morgan, and then locked him in an armbar for some Old School. Taker went for the pin but only got a two. Morgan got free of a goozle with a boot to the gut and gave Taker a DDT. Morgan stayed on Taker, trying to keep him on the mat. Morgan continued the offense and got a nearfall after a spinebuster. Morgan looked to end it and set up Taker for a powerbomb. Taker blocked it and backdropped Morgan to the mat. Taker blocked a right hand and fired back with his own, staggering Morgan and then hit a high flying clothesline off the ropes. Taker signaled for the Last Ride and set Morgan up. Taker lifted Matt in the air, but Morgan got loose and landed on his feet in front of Taker. Taker ducked a clothesline from Morgan and caught him in a goozle. Chokeslam! Undertaker signals for the end and lifts Morgan up for the Tombstone and drives him to the mat. Taker covers with the Darkness Pin and gets the three. As Taker's music plays Kurt Angle walks out onto the top of the ramp, concerned for Morgan. Taker sees Angle in the rampway, but there's no way Angle is going to come to the ring. Taker goes to the outside and grabs a steel chair. The Deadman steps in the ring and cracks the chair over Morgan's head! Angle can't believe it. Taker lays the chair on the mat and gives Morgan another Tombstone on the chair! Angle is beside himself! Taker stares down Angle, putting up three fingers and then counting down to two, and now one. He points at Angle and makes a throat slashing gesture as Angle scurries back to behind the curtain.

Eddie Calls out Raven

The music of Eddie Guerrero hits the arena as the champ makes a bee line to the ring.

Eddie: OK, Raven. Time's up esse! I'm right here in the ring, homes, so come and get you some of Latino Heat!

The crowd cheers in anticipation for Raven's entrance. Eddie stands ready in the ring, when out comes Raven from the crowd! Raven comes in with a chair, but Eddie ducks the chair shot and gives Raven a right hand. Eddie and Raven exchange blows and fall to the mat in a tussle. They end up on the outside, where Eddie whips Raven into the steel steps. Eddie beats on Raven's head until Raven gives Eddie a low blow. Raven slams Eddie's head into the steel steps. Raven tries to give Eddie a DDT on the floor, but Eddie runs Raven back-first into the apron. They start to brawl again when a group of official run to the ring and swarm the two, trying to seperate them. Raven and Eddie still have fists flying as they are broken up. The show comes to a close with Eddie trying to shove through the officials to get at Raven as Raven backpedals up the ramp.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 75%

TV Rating= 5.73

Attendance= 10,007

$= 400,280

* Kurt Angle lost overness from his segments.

* Nunzio gained overness from his segment.

* JBL lost overness from his video.

E-Mails

"Scotty and D-Von didnt 'click' in their match due to their mismatched styles."- Road Agent

"How about hooking me and Rey Mysterio up in a regular tag team? We could get ourselves over and then launch our singles career."- Ultimo Dragon

"I'd like to work with Hurricane at some stage."- Christian

News

* Paul Heyman has been released from his contract. He wasn't happy in the WWF and wouldnt cooperate with the ideas the writing team had for him. The WWF does hope to be able to work with him again, though, at some stage.

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Current Card

Chris Benoit © vs Chris Jericho

Vince's Retirement

Vince McMahon vs Bret Hart

Winner Becomes Sole GM of Raw

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Kevin Nash

Shawn Michaels vs Batista

More matches to be added.....

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

Special Saturday Night Edition

In anticipation of Unforgiven this coming Sunday, Raw will present a special broadcast Saturday night!

Chris Jericho came to get him some of Chris Benoit this past Monday but was unsuccessful. Will he get his hands on the World Champ before their match at Unforgiven?

Plus, Bret "Hitman" Hart WILL be in the arena Saturday to officially sign the contract that will grant him his match with Vince McMahon at Unforgiven.

Also, we know that in the main event Triple H will take on Shelton Benjamin!

All this and more on the special Saturday edition of Raw!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 18, 2004

The pyro goes off in the arena to kick off this special Saturday night edition of Raw, followed by the music of Chris Benoit. The World Champ walks out to the ring and asks for a mic.

Benoit: Last week, all I wanted to do was showcase my talents to the WWF audience around the world. I proved that I am a fighting champion and I put on a wrestling clinic last week! I did what I do every week, and that is prove once again that I am the greatest technical wrestler ever, and prove why I am the World Heavyweight champion! But after my match, Chris Jericho decided to get in my business. Once again I amm forced to be constantly looking over my shoulder as he tried to attack me with a steel chair, unsuccessfully I might add. It was just another instance of Jericho showing his true colors. He is a jealous man who likes to attack people from behind rather than face them like a man. It just goes to show why a man such as myself is the World champion and Chris Jericho is not. Now....

Benoit is cut off by the music of Chris Jericho to a nice pop. Y2J walks out to the ramp with a mic in hand.

Jericho: Benoit, I was listening in the back and all I have to say is, would you please shut the hell up! You want to talk about being a man? Well what kind of assclown has to use a steel chair to keep his World title that he is so fond of around his waist? Sounds alot like you at SummerSlam, doesnt it? But that's OK, because at Unforgiven tomorrow night I am going to take your precious title! But ya see, Chris, you asked me to face you like a man so that's exactly what I'm doing. Ya see, jerky, I dont think I can wait one more day to get a piece of you. So why dont you and I get it on right here tonight?

Benoit: Ya know what Jericho, if it's a wrestling lesson you're looking for I will be happy to give it to you!

Jericho smiles and nods in acceptance and it looks like we have a main event match for tonight, Benoit vs Jericho, just one day before Unforgiven!

Sean O'Haire w/Bobby Heenan vs Stevie Richards w/Victoria

O'Haire attacks Richards at the bell, clubbing him in the corner. O'Haire whips Stevie chest first into the opposite buckle, follwed by a leg drop for a two. O'Haire tries to give Stevie a Snake Eyes on the top buckle, but Richards slips out the back and dropkicks O'Haire into the corner follwed by a roll-up for a two. Richards gives O'Haire a few right hands. Richards ducks a clothesline and hits O'Haire with a Stevie Kick! 1..2..O'Haire kicks out. What an upset that would have been. Stevie sets O'Haire up for the StevieT, but O'Haire breaks loose and gives Stevie a spine buster. O'Haire signals for the end and plants Stevie with the Prophecy. It's elementary after that as O'Haire gets the win. O'Haire walks back up the ramp with Heenan as Victoria checks on Richards.

Matt Wants Batista

We then cut to Steve Austin's office, where the Rattlesnake is taking in the show with a six-pack. Matt Hardy enters the office and approaches Austin.

Matt: Stone Cold, Stone Cold, I have a favor to ask of you?

Austin: A favor? Son, you bust into my office, without knocking, intterrupt me enjoying the show so far, I'm trying to do some work here as you can tell, and you want a favor?

Matt: (speechless)

Austin: What is it?!

Matt: I want a match, tonight, against Batista.

Austin: You want a match with Batista? Haha, you're one crazy son of a bitch, Matt Hardy. But, if you want Batista, you got him. Sure, you got your match. Good luck!

Matt: Thank you, Steve. Tonight, Batista will know what it is to get a Mattitude adjustment, courtesy of Version One! Thank you.

As Hardy walks out, Austin justs shakes his head and cracks open another beer.

Benoit Meets with Christian

We then go to he backstage area where Chris Benoit is chatting with Christian. We come in on the middle of their conversation.

Christian: Chris, it would be my pleasure. You know, us Canadians have to stick together, so it's not a problem. Captain Charisma is on your side, bro. Plus, after our history, I wouldnt mind beating his brains in one more time.

Benoit: Alright then.

Benoit extends his hand and Christian shakes it before Benoit walks off.

La Resistance vs Hurricane and Rosey vs Disciples of Syn

The winner of this triple threat gets a shot at the tag team titles at Unforgiven. Seven started the match off with Hurricane. Hurricane got the advantage early, out quicking Seven and getting an early two after a DDT. Hurricane tagged in Rosey while Seven tagged in Rob Conway. Conway raked the eyes of Rosey and slugged him into the corner. Conway and Grenier exchanged a few tags, keeping Rosey isolated in their corner. Conway, as the legal man, went up to the top rope, but missed with a flying elbow drop. Rosey inched over and tagged in Hurricane. Hurricane gave Conway and flying kick, and then knocked Grenier and the Disciples off the apron. Hurricane went to the top rope and connected with a cross body. 1..2..Bane came into the ring and broke up the pin. Rosey came in to help Hurricane, and soon all six men were brawling in the ring and out. In the ring was left Hurricane and Conway. Hurricane staggered Conway with a right hand and ran the ropes, but Conway side stepped and threw Hurricane to the floor. As Conway talked some smack to Hurricane, Bane and Seven slid into the ring behind him. Conway turned into a huge spinebuster by Bane, followed by a leg drop from Seven from the middle rope. Bane made the cover, and before Grenier could make the save got the three! The crowd is a bit shocked as the Discples of Syn have won this match and will get a tag title shot at Unforgiven.

Batista vs Matt Hardy

Hardy seemed a little hesitant to tangle with Batista and was shoved to the mat after trying a lock up. Batista took Matt down with a nasty clothesline and stomped him in the gut. Batista cornered Matt in the turnbuckle and beat him down to a seated position. Batista whipped Matt off the ropes and connected with a powerslam for a two. Batista got a little cocky and began to slap Matt on the back of the head. Batista whipped Matt off the ropes again, but Matt ducked a clothesline and hit a flying clothesline of his own. Matt began a comeback, rocking Batista with a right hand and a neckbreaker. Matt went to the middle rope and connected with a leg drop but only got a two. Matt motioned for Batista to get up and locked him in for the Twist of Fate, but Batista powered out of it, pushing Matt into the ropes and slamming him with a big spinebuster as Matt bounced off. Batista then quickly picked Matt up and nailed him with the Batista Bomb for the win. After the bell, Shawn Michaels ran down to the ring! HBK hit Batista with a few right hands and a flying forearm. Shawn nipped up and tuned up the band for some Chin Music. Batista wobbled to his feet, but ducked the super kick from Michaels. Batista then caught HBK with a spinebuster! Batista stood over HBK, screaming that, “After Unforgiven, you’ll learn to stay away, Shawn. There’ll be no coming back!”

Nash Needs a Warm-Up

The music of the Outsiders then hits the arena as Hall and Nash strut out to the ring.

Hall: Hey yo! We’re only one day away from Unforgiven. Which means we’re only two days away from the Outsiders running Raw, chico! Hey Austin, after the big man here powerbombs you in the middle of the ring, and pins you one, two, three, your ass is outta here mane.

Nash: Austin, it’s real simple. After Unforgiven, I’ll be the GM of Raw, which means we’ll have all the power. And there’s not a damn thing you can do about it. Just like everywhere else we’ve been, we’re taking over, and it starts this Sunday. But ya know something, me and Scott were talking in the back and I’m feeling a little froggy. I don’t know if I can wait all the way until tomorrow night, so I thought that I’d have a little warm up match right here tonight. So get me and ref down here and if anyone in the back has the guts to accept an Outsider open challenge, then come on down.

A referee comes to the ring, followed by the music of Jeff Hardy! Jeff, along with Lita, comes out on the ramp and gets in the ring and stares face to face with Nash.

Nash: You? Do you really want to do this, Jeff?

Hall taunts Jeff with a “ooh, I’m scared” gesture before Jeff slaps Nash right across the face! Both Hall and Nash are taken by surprise before Nash knees Hardy in the gut and the starts the match.

Kevin Nash vs Jeff Hardy w/Lita

Nash dominates Jeff early, overpowering him into a corner and laying a few back elbows to the head. Nash chokes Jeff with his boot in the corner and hits a sidewalk slam for a two. Nash whips Jeff off the ropes, but Jeff ducks a clothesline, ducks another, and hits Nash with a flying forearm. Jeff dropkicks Nash’s knee, wobbling the big man. Jeff gives him a second dropkick, and then a third. Jeff quickly goes outside and goes to the top rope and connects with a cross body off the top! 1..2..Nash powers out of the pin. Jeff runs the ropes, but Hall trips him up. Lita walks over to Hall and slaps him in the face! Hall looks like he’s going to go after Lita, but Jeff comes flying over the top rope and takes out Hall. Jeff rolls back in the ring, but is met with a big boot to the face from Nash. Nash then sets Jeff up and hits him with the Jacknife Powerbomb. 1..2..3. Hall gets in the ring and looks like he’s going to get some revenge on Jeff. He sets Jeff up for the Outsider Edge, but out runs Stone Cold! Austin gets in the ring and drops Nash with a right hand, then clotheslines Hall out of the ring. Austin ducks a clothesline from Nash, kicks him in the gut and lays him out with a Stunner! Austin gives Nash the double bird and heads back up the ramp as his music plays and the crowd goes wild.

Shelton Benjamin vs Triple H

Triple H gains the advantage early on. Trips gives Shelton a few right hands and whips him off the ropes. Shelton ducks a clothesline, but is then caught with a knee to the face for a quick two. Triple H throws Benjamin into the corner, but Benjamin maneuvers out of the way of a charging HHH and turns it into a roll up for a surprising two count. Triple H gets a bit angry, and Shelton uses this to his advantage, hip tossing HHH and then dropkicking him out of the ring. Triple H regains his composure and trips up Shelton from the outside before pulling him over and slamming his leg into the steel ring post. Triple H enters the ring and works over Shelton’s leg for a bit. Triple H hits a neckbreaker and covers, but only gets a two. Triple H attempts a body slam, but Shelton slips out of it. Shelton locks Triple H up and hits a German Suplex. Benjamin whips HHH off the ropes but misses a clothesline. Trips boots him in the gut and sets him up for the Pedigree, but Shelton breaks it and sling shots HHH into the buckle. Benjamin whips Triple H into the far corner and follows in with a big splash. Benjamin connects perfectly with a super kick! 1..2…Triple H just kicked out. Trips reverses an irish whip and hits Shelton with a spinebuster that turns the tide. Triple H picks Shelton up, but Benjamin quickly breaks free of a grapple and hits a DDT! Benjamin covers but again only gets a close two. Randy Orton comes running down to ringside and gets up on the apron. The referee comes over to try and get him down, and Shelton is distracted by this as well. Triple H sneaks up behind Benjamin and whips him around, but Shelton hits him with the T-Bone Suplex! Shelton covers, but the ref is arguing with Orton. After a few seconds Benjamin goes to confront Orton, but Triple H crawls over and nails Benjamin with a low blow. Trips follows it up with the Pedigree! Triple H rolls Benjamin over and covers him as the ref counts the three. After the bell, Triple H and Orton pull Benjamin up and are ready to lay a beating on him when Edge comes running down to the ring! Edge slides in and spears Orton! Edge goes after Triple H, but Trips ducks to the outside before Edge can get his hands on him. Edge checks on Benjamin while staring down Triple H in the rampway.

Benoit Pulls a Switch

Chris Jericho’s music hits the arena as he makes his way down to the ring for his match with Benoit a day early. Benoit’s then makes his way out and stops short of the ring. He then asks for a mic as Jericho looks on puzzled.

Benoit: Hold on and minute there Chris. Now I know you are all geared up for this match tonight, and believe me there is nothing that would make me happier than to lock you in the Crossface and hear you scream. But I have come to realize that this, the World title, is more important than that. You see I know how everyone is gunning for my title, and that by getting in that ring tonight, though there wouldn’t be a chance of me losing the match, you never know what could happen. I might pull a muscle by pulling back a little too hard on your neck, or I could break a finger by punching you in the jaw just a little too hard, or for all I know an entire locker room of people I once trusted might empty and try to take me out . The bottom line is that I wont anything that might jeopordize our title match at Unforgiven. So I will not wrestle you here tonight, Jericho. But, I know you wouldn’t want to disappoint all your fans, Jericho, so as champion I’ve found a suitable replacement for you.

Out from the crowd comes Christian, who sneaks up behind Jericho and lays him out with a clothesline, and we have a match.

Chris Jericho vs Christian

It was announced during this match that at Unforgiven Triple H and Randy Orton would take on Edge and Shelton Benjamin in a tag match. Christian continues to put the offense to Jericho, stomping him in the corner and hitting a suplex for a two. Christian chops at Jericho’s chest in the corner and whips him to the other side. Jericho moves out of the way of a charging Christian, who hits chest first in the buckle. Jericho bulldogs Christian and tries to end this one early, going for the Lionsault. But Christian got his knees up and Jericho landed stomach first. Christian locked Jericho up and hit a reverse DDT. Cover, but Jericho got a shoulder up at the last second. Christian couldn’t believe it and slapped the mat in frustration. Christian lifted Jericho up and set him on the top rope. Christian looked like he was going for a superplex, but Jericho punched out of it and shoved Christian to the mat. Jericho got to his feet and hit Christian with a missle dropkick from the top. Jericho covers, but only gets a close two. Jericho stays on Christian and hits him with a backbreaker, followed up by the Lionsault! 1..2..Christian kicks out. Jericho tries a body slam, but Christian slips out. Christian locks him in the Unprettier, but Jericho gets loose and connects with the Breakdown. Jericho again covers, bit again only gets a two. Jericho lifts Christian up to his feet, but Christian gives him a rake of the eyes and a DDT. Christian covers, but only a two. Both men seem flustered at this point. Christian gets Jericho up to his feet and boots him in the gut. Christian sets Jericho up for a piledriver. Christian lifts him up, but cant get him all the way up. Christian tries again, but again fails. Jericho then reverses it by grabbing hold and Christian’s legs and taking him down. Jericho turns it over into the Walls of Jericho! Jericho cinches it in. Christian tries to hold on, but after a few more moments has no choice but to tap out. Jericho wins it. Almost immediately after the bell, Benoit slides into the ring and hits Jericho from behind. Benoit quickly locks in the Crossface and wrenches back. Jericho is in obvious pain and then taps out himself. Jericho is tapping, but Benoit wont let go. Benoit finally is pried off by the ref and stands over Jericho with the World Title raised high, saying, “This is mine.”

Vince and Bret Sign the Contract

A table is set up in the ring as we get set for this monumentous contract signing. Vince McMahon is out first to a chorus of boos, followed by the Hitman who gets a nice ovation. Both men stare at each other from across the table. Vince does one of his big gulps and gives an uneasy facial expression. Bret is the first to grab a pen and sign the contract to cheers from the crowd. Vince bends over to sign, but then asks Bret to back up a little. Vince gives one last look at Bret and then signs the contract as well. It’s official! Vince offers Bret a handshake. Bret looks at Vince’s hand and almost laughs out loud. Bret says, “We’ll see” and turns to leave. As he does Vince nails Bret with a low blow! Vince has a furious look on his face and grabs a chair from the table. Vince cracks the chair over Bret’s back! Vince stands over Bret and yells, “I’ve been waiting seven years to do that, Bret! And, to do this.” Vince then proceeds to spit on Bret Hart! Vince leaves the ring and backtracks up the ramp, red faced as Bret is left laying in the ring.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 73%

TV Rating= 6.04

Attendance= 10,002

$= 400,080

* Batista gained overness from his match.

* Triple H was sluggish in his match.

E-Mails

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Hurricane

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Seven

"Kevin Nash would be a great opponent for me."- Scott Steiner

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Final Card

Vince's Retirement

Vince McMahon vs Bret "Hitman" Hart

Triple H and Randy Orton vs Edge and Shelton Benjamin

World Tag Team Title Match

Sex and Violence © vs Disciples of Syn

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 19, 2004

A hype video plays for the event, including clips of Benoit, Jericho, Hart, McMahon, Austin, and the Outsiders. Huge pyro then goes off in the arena to signal the start of the show.

Before the Show

We cut to video from just a few minutes before the opening of the show. The Disciples of Syn, Travis Bane and Seven, are standing by their locker when Test and Val Venis, their opponents for tonight, walk up.

Val: How’s it going fellas? (giving Bane a slap on the back)

Bane just gives a cold stare and Val takes his hand off his shoulder.

Val: Look, we just wanted to come talk to you guys about tonight. Now I know you have a great opportunity tonight to get in the ring with the World Tag Team Champions. And I’m sure your amped up and you’re ready, but me and Test aren’t really feeling a hundred percent tonight. And I don’t think it would be very fair to put our titles up for grabs without feeling up to par. Now you guys are young and athletic and you look like you could lift a Mack truck, and I’m sure you’ll get another opportunity down the line.

Bane: What are you suggesting?

Test: He’s suggesting that you two forget about a title shot tonight and when we go out there, it would be in your best interest to just lay down and be thankful for the fact that you’re even part of the show.

After a pause, Bane looks at Seven who nods his head, followed in agreement by Bane.

Seven: Ok guys, we’ll see you out there.

Val: Alright! I knew you’d see it our way.

Val slaps Bane on the back again before he and Test make their exit.

After entering the ring and getting rid of his entrance attire, HBK went right after Batista, backing him into a corner with forearms to the head. Batista reversed a whip to the corner and Michaels hit the buckle, flipping upside down and landing hard on the mat. Batista put his strength to use, keeping HBK grounded. Batista avalanched Michaels in the corner and followed up with a backbreaker for a two count. Batista whipped HBK off the ropes, but Michaels ducked a clothesline and came back with a flying clothesline of his own. Michaels rocked Batista with a few punches and connected with a DDT. HBK went up to the rope and hit a flying elbow drop! 1..2…Batista kicks out. Michaels jumped on to Batista’s back and applied a sleeperhold. Batista looked like he might fade out, but he then stepped backwards and ran HBK’s back into the turnbuckle. Batista went to whip Michaels out of the corner, but turned it into a hard short arm clothesline. Batista whipped HBK off the ropes and hit a big spinebuster. Batista covers, but Shawn kicks out at the very last second. Batista can’t believe it. Batista signaled for the end and set Shawn up for the Batista Bomb. Batista lifted HBK up, but Michaels punched out of his grasp, ran the ropes and hit another flying forearm. Michaels then nipped up and began to tune up the band. Batista staggered to his feet and Michaels charged, but Batista caught Shawn’s foot. Batista spun Shawn around and went for a clothesline, but Michaels ducked and connected with some Sweet Chin Music on the second try as Batista turned around. HBK then covered the big man and got the three. Michaels played to the crowd a bit and then walked up the ramp. As Batista was getting to his feet in the ring, Matt Hardy came sprinting past Michaels on the rampway and slid into the ring. Hardy hit Batista with a few right hands and ran the ropes for a clothesline, but was caught in a huge spinebuster! Batista, very angry by now, picked Hardy up and hit him with the Batista Bomb! Batista stood over Hardy while Michaels looked on from the stage and just shook his head. What was Matt Hardy thinking, anyway?

World Tag Team Championship Match

Sex and Violence w/Trish Stratus © vs Disciples of Syn

The champs made their way our first, followed by Bane and Seven. As the bell rang, Val entered the ring with Bane. Val gave a big smile and motioned towards the mat, asking Bane to go ahead and lay down. Bane gave a smile himself and nodded. Bane walked over and extended his hand to Val. Val gladly shook it, but as he turned towards Test, Bane would not let go. Val’s smile faded from his face and he turned back towards Bane, whose face was now in a stone scowl. Val tried to back up, but Bane snatched him up in an atomic drop followed by a clothesline! There would be no laying down by the Disciples tonight, and the crowd actually popped a little for Bane’s move. Bane pounded on Val in the corner, tagging in Seven. Seven went to work on Val’s midsection, hitting a gut buster for a two. Seven whipped Val into the corner, but missed a running clothesline into the buckle. Val gave Seven a few boots in the corner and tagged in Test. Test isolated Seven in the corner, choking him with his boot, then whipping him to the opposite buckle and following in with an avalanche. Test hit Seven with a powerslam, but only for a two. Test tagged Val back in. Val continued the offensive stand against Seven. Val slammed Seven to the mat and went up to the top rope. Val shook his hips at Seven, but took too much time and Seven moved out of the way of the Money Shot. Seven crawled towards his corner as Val did the same. Val got to Test first, but Seven made a last ditch leap at his corner and tagged Bane. Bane rushed in and laid some right hands to Test, rocking him into the corner. Bane whipped Test into the far buckle and caught him coming off with a backdrop. Val entered the ring, only to be dropped by a clothesline from Bane. Val rolled to the outside as Bane caught Test with a spine buster. Bane went for the pin. 1..2…Test barely kicks out. Trish Stratus then got up on the apron and actually got in the ring. Trish started to berate Bane, only for Bane to stalk Trish into the corner. Test tried to catch Bane from behind, but Bane moved and Test nearly took out Trish, but was able to stop himself in time. As he turned back around, Bane got him in a spine buster position again, and Seven slid in the ring and clotheslined Test, ala the old Hart Attack maneuver. This should be it. Bane covers. 1..2…Val got in the ring just in time to break up the pin. Seven grabbed Val ands the two battled to the floor. On the outside, Trish slipped Test what looked like a chain out of her coat pocket. Test grabbed the chain and slid it over his foot. As the ref was distracted by Val and Seven battling, Test hit Bane with a low blow. Test then ran Bane over with a Big Boot, using the chain for extra punch. Test threw the chain to the outside and covered Bane. The ref turned around and registered the three. The Disciples of Syn were cheated out of the titles, and the champions retain.

Benoit Has Words for Jericho

Mark Lloyd is now standing by with the World Champion, Chris Benoit

Mark: Chris Benoit, last night on a special edition of Raw you somewhat suckered Chris Jericho into a match with Christian, a match he thought was going to be against you. Tonight, you will in fact face Chris Jericho one on one for your World Heavyweight Title.

Benoit: To take an expression from Y2J himself, tonight will be a wrestling lesson that Chris Jericho will never, ever, forget. You see, everything Jericho gets tonight will be brought on himself. I knew last month before SummerSlam that Jericho was after my World title. Everyone is after my title! Jericho tried to hide it by acting as my partner but it was all plan for Jericho to get his hands on this. But that didn’t, and will not ever, happen. I finally figured out that as World Champion, you have people coming at you from all angles. You can trust no one. Not the people who say they’re your friend, not the fans, not anyone! It took me almost half my life to become World Champion. If anyone thinks for one second that I wont do everything I have to do to keep this title, they’ve got another thing coming. Tonight, Chris Jericho will find out first hand why I am the best wrestler in the WWF today, and exactly why I am the World Heavyweight Champion. This title is everything I have, and it’s all that I need!

Triple H and Randy Orton vs Edge and Shelton Benjamin

Orton started the match off with Edge. Orton gained the advantage early, working on Edge’s back with forearms. Orton got Edge in a corner and gave him a few uppercuts. Edge reversed an irish whip into the far buckle, and backdropped Orton as he bounced back out. Edge went to scoop up Orton, but Orton laid a blow to Edge’s back and hit him with a DDT. Orton shoved Edge into his corner and tagged in Triple H. Triple H pounded away at Edge in the corner. Trips whipped Edge off the ropes and hit a high knee to the face, followed by a cover for two. Trips whipped Edge into the corner again and played to the crowd a bit. Triple H talked some smack to Edge and then chopped his chest. Edge fired up after this blow and reversed Trips into the corner, chopping away at Triple H himself. Edge whipped Trips off the ropes and connected with a clothesline. Trips tried a clothesline of his own, but Edge ducked and turned it into a falling reverse DDT. Edge covered, but only got a two. Edge tagged in Shelton after locking Trips in an armbar, and Benjamin came off the top rope with an axehandle to Trips’ arm. Shelton whipped Triple H off the ropes and leapfrogged him, followed up with a dropkick. Shelton covered, but again only got a two. Benjamin whipped Triple H off the ropes again, but HHH telegraphed Benjamin’s move and drove his face into his knee. Trips then tagged in Orton, who went right to work on Shelton. Orton hit a few uppercuts, followed up with a neckbreaker for two. Orton whipped Benjamin into the turnmbuckle, but Shelton moved out of the way of a charge. Shelton then hit Orton with a splash in the corner. Benjmain caught Orton in position for the T-Bone, but Orton elbowed Shelton in the side of the head and hit the RKO! Orton covers for 1..2…Edge comes in and breaks up the pin. Triple H motions for Orton to tag him in, which he does. Triple H picks Shelton up for the Pedigree, but Shelton grabs Trips’ legs and drops him to the mat. Benjamin slingshots Triple H into the turnbuckle, and then hits the T-Bone! 1..2..Orton breaks up the pin. Edge comes out of nowhere and Spears Orton! Orton rolls to the outside. Edge is sizing Triple H up for the Spear. Edge charges Triple H, but Trips moves and Edge accidentally nails Benjamin with the Spear. Triple H boots Edge in the gut and Pedigrees Edge! Triple H then covers Shelton, who is the legal man, and picks up the win for Evolution.

Jericho is Ready

We then go back to Mark Lloyd, who has caught up with the challenger for the World Heavyweight Title, Chris Jericho.

Mark: Chris, can I have a word with you?

Jericho: Sure junior.

Mark: Chris Jericho, tonight you have the opportunity to win the World Heavyweight Championship. You no doubt heard the comments from Chris Benoit earlier. What do you have to say in response?

Jericho: Well first of all, I think Chris junior needs to find his own catch phrase. Now as far as tonight is concerned, Benoit is sounding just a tad bit paranoid, isn’t he? He thinks I was trying to maneuver my way to his championship? I wasn’t the one who used a chair at SummerSlam. In fact, I feel a bit sorry for Benoit, the way he’s constantly looking over his shoulder for his next challenger, but he doesn’t have to look far Mark Lloyd, because Y2J is right in his rearview mirror! And Benoit is right about one thing, he will do anything to hold on to his title, and I’m well aware of that. The only thing to do, then, is to top whatever Benoit throws at me. If he wants to give me three German Suplexes, I’ll give him four. If he wants to put me in the Crossface, I’ll put him in the Walls of Jericho. And if I have to use a chair, then I sure as hell will! I was the first ever Undisputed Champion, and another title reign is far overdue for me, junior. Tonight, the Jerichoholics will be rocking, baby, and Y2J will be crowned the new World Heavyweight Champion! And then myself, and all the other sexy beasts, are going to party like this town has never, EVER, seen!

Scott Hall accompanied Nash to the ring. Nash tried to attack Austin at the bell, but Austin moved out of the way and caught Nash in the corner with rights and lefts before stomping him to the mat. Austin gave Nash the bird before giving him another boot to the gut. Nash reversed a whip into the far corner and followed in with a clothesline against the buckle. Nash gave Austin a few back elbows in the corner and then choked Austin with his boot. Nash ran his shoulder into Austin’s gut a few times and whipped Austin off the ropes and connected with a sidewalk slam. Nash covered, but only got a two. Nash wrapped Austin up in a bearhug. Nash applied the pressure and brought Austin down to one knee. The ref raised Austin’s arm and it fell for one. It fell again for two. Nash could sense the GM position coming to him. Austin wouldn’t go down, though, keeping his arm up and continuing the match. Austin gave Nash a few right hands to the head, breaking the hold. Austin caught Nash with an atomic drop and nailed him with a clothesline. Nash reversed an irish whip, but Austin ducked a big boot and took Nash down with a Lou Thesz Press, wailing on Nash with right hands. Austin motioned for Nash to get up. Austin booted Nash in the gut and went for the Stunner, but Nash shoved Austin away, causing Austin to inadvertently collide with the referee. Austin ducked a clothesline from Nash and hit the Stunner! But there was no ref to make the count. Scott Hall slid into the ring and put the boots to Austin on the mat. Hall picked Austin up and hit him with a fallaway slam. Hall slid to the outside and grabbed a chair. Hall waited for Austin to get up and swung for Austin’s head, but Austin ducked and kicked Hall in the gut. Stunner! Nash clobbered Austin from behind and set him up for the Jacknife. Austin blocked it, and gave Nash a low blow! Stunner to Nash! Austin made the cover, and the ref groggily crawled into position and counted the three. Steve Austin is the sole GM of Raw! Austin celebrated with a nice beer bash before heading back up the ramp and to the back.

Vince McMahon vs Bret “Hitman” Hart

McMahon strutted to the ring first, followed by Bret to a great ovation. The crowd was on their feet as the two men locked up and Hart took Vince down with an arm drag. They locked up again to the same result, and then Hart caught Vince with a hip toss. Vince obviously wasn’t going to out wrestle the Hitman. Vince started to yell at Hart and shoved him back, only to be nailed with a right hand. Bret landed a few more that backed Vince into a corner. Bret chopped Vince’s chest and hit a few blows to his gut. Bret whipped Vince off the ropes and hit a back body drop. Bret connected with a suplex and then hit an elbow drop from the middle rope. Bret covered Vince, but pulled him up at two, not wanting to end it so early. Bret gave some more offense to Vince, and whipped him off the ropes and caught him in a sleeper. The ref was checking on Vince when McMahon gave Bret a back kick to the “lower extremities.” The low blow broke the hold, and Vince went on the offensive. Vince pounded on Hart’s back and landed a few right hands. Vince backed Hart in a corner and actually slapped Hart across the face! Vince picked Hart up and slammed him to the mat. Vince went to the outside and actually went up to the top rope. Vince came off for an elbow drop, but Hart moved and Vince landed hard on the mat. Hart picked Vince up and hit a back breaker. Hart then grabbed Vince’s legs and wrapped Vince up in the Sharpshooter! Vince was screaming in pain as the ref asked Vince if he was ready to submit. Vince looked about ready to give up when Shane McMahon ran out to the ring and pulled the ref out of the ring and to the floor. What’s he doing here? Shane then got in the ring and attacked Bret from behind, allowing Vince to escape the hold. Shane put the boots to Bret as Vince slid to the outside and grabbed a chair. In the ring, Bret began to fight off Shane with right hands. Hart then clotheslined Shane to the outside. Bret turned back towards the ring and was smacked in the head with a steel chair from Vince! Vince motioned to Shane, who threw the referee back in the ring. Vince covered Bret as the ref counted. 1..2..3! Vince McMahon has pinned Bret Hart! Shane gets in the ring and helps his father to his feet as he raises his arms in victory. Bret lay on the mat as the crowd is in shock. Suddenly, glass shatters and out walks Steve Austin! Vince, with a priceless surprised look on his face, asks Shane what is going on. Austin grabs a mic and stands at the end of he ramp.

Austin: I know that Ive only officially been the GM of Raw for about fifteen minutes, but I was watching in the back and saw what just happened. And Vince, you of all people should know that I run a tight ship and most of all, I love to make your life a living hell! And I’ll be damned if I’m going to let you screw Bret Hart….again…..in your last match in the WWF! So referee, ring that bell because this match is going to continue!

Vince can’t believe what he’s hearing. Shane protests to Austin before Austin reaches in and drags Shane out to the floor. Austin then decks Shane with a right hand and motions for the timekeeper to the ring the bell as he goes back up the ramp. Bret is back to his feet by this time as Vince backs up into Bret, back to chest. Vince slowly turns around and is decked with a few right hands. Bret whips Vince off the ropes and clotheslines him. Bret gives Vince a boot to the gut and takes his down with a side Russian leg sweep. Bret then grabs Vince’s legs, looks to the crowd for support, and locks Vince in the Sharpshooter! Bret cinches it in and Vince yells in pain. After a few moments, Vince taps out! The bell sounds and Bret Hart is your winner! Bret takes a few more seconds and finally releases the hold. Vince rolls to the outside and is helped to the back by Shane. Bret gets a standing ovation from the crowd as he plays to the crowd from each turnbuckle and waves to the fans. Who knows if this really is Bret’s final goodbye.

Benoit and Jericho met face to face in the middle of the ring. The exchanged a few words before Benoit slapped Jericho across the face! Jericho came back with a hard right hand and few chops to the chest of Benoit. Jericho whipped Benoit off the ropes and hit a hip toss. Jericho then dropkicked Benoit through the ropes to the outside. Benoit tried to regroup on the floor, but Jericho leaped up onto the turnbuckle and came flying down onto the floor with a splash, taking out Benoit. Jericho gave a few more punches to Benoit, but Benoit ran Jericho back first into the apron. Benoit then whipped Jericho into the steel steps. Benoit rolled Jericho back into the ring and went to work on Jericho’s shoulder, softening him up for the Crossface. Benoit hit Jericho with a one arm DDT and covered for a two. Benoit shoved Jericho into a corner and hit him with some patented chops to the chest. Benoit whipped Jericho into the far corner and charged, but Jericho moved out of the way and Benoit slammed chest first into the buckle. Jericho then caught Benoit with an enzeguri kick to the head and covered, but only got a two. Jericho went on the offensive, chopping away at Benoit and dropping him with a DDT. Benoit ducked a clothesline, but came back off the ropes into a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker from Jericho. Jericho covers, but still just a two. Benoit reverses an irish whip and tried a clothesline of his own, but Jericho ducked and took Benoit down by his legs. Jericho then slingshot Benoit into the corner, and then took Benoit down again and turned him over into the Walls of Jericho! The crowd was on their feet as Benoit tried to reach for the ropes. Benoit almost reached them, but Jericho pulled him back into the middle of the ring. Benoit was yelling in pain now, but still would not tap. Benoit then finally reached the ropes, making Jericho release the hold. Jericho couldn’t believe it. Jericho put the boots to Benoit and set him up for the Breakdown. Benoit reversed it, however, into a release German suplex! Benoit covered Jericho, but only for a two. Benoit grabbed Benoit again for another German, but Jericho gave Benoit a back elbow to the head and reversed the lock. Benoit battled out of this hold, however, and got Jericho in the Crossface! Benoit cinched it in and screamed for Jericho to tap. Jericho withstood the pain and would not give up. Benoit held the hold on, but Jericho was able to scrape and claw to the bottom rope, forcing Benoit to let go. Benoit slammed Jericho to the mat and went up to the top rope. Benoit came flying off with a diving headbutt, but Jericho rolled out of the way at the last second. Benoit crashed to the mat, and Jericho wobbled to his feet and connected with a Lionsault! 1..2..Benoit kicks out! Both men seem exhausted now. Jericho goes to whip Benoit off the ropes, but Benoit reverses it. Benoit goes for a knee to the gut of Jericho, but Jericho rolls through it and gets Benoit in position for the Walls! Jericho has to turn Benoit over, and does! Jericho has the Walls clamped on. Will Benoit tap? Will he tap out? Suddenly, the lights go out in the arena. What is going on? Fire then blasts from the ring posts as the lights turn back on and Kane is standing in the ring! Kane grabs Jericho and chokeslams him to the mat! The ref calls for the bell. What is Kane doing here? We all thought he was suspended. The announcers then point out that Kane’s suspension lasted until ten o’clock tonight, and it was past ten already. Kane picked Jericho up and planted him with a Tombstone! Benoit staggered to his feet, only to be dropped with a chokeslam as well! Kane has run amok here at Unforgiven, and perhaps cost Chris Jericho the World Title! The show closes with Kane standing over the battered bodies of Jericho and Benoit.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 79%

PPV Buyrate= 1.97

Attendance= 20,485

PPV Revenue= 4,925,000

$= 1,229,100

* The Tag Team Titles gained in image.

* Test lost overness in his segment, and Bane and Seven gained overness.

* Chris Jericho gained overness in his interview.

* Steve Austin gained overness and Kevin Nash lost overness from their feud ending.

* Triple H was sluggish in his match, as was Vince McMahon and Chris Benoit.

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

Following an unpredictable Unforgiven, what will happen this week on Raw?

The Big Red Machine Kane returtned at Unforgiven, perhaps costing Chris Jericho the World Title? What can we expect from the both men this week?

Plus, it will be Steve Austin's first full night as sole GM of Raw!

Also, already scheduled for Raw this week, Triple H will go one on one with Shelton Benjamin , Ric Flair will take on Matt Hardy, and, in a 6-person intergender match, the Tag Team Champions Sex and Violence along with Trish take on the Hurricane and Rosey, and Stacy Kiebler!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 20, 2004

As Raw kicked off, we view a dark room somewhere in the bowels of the arena. The camera pans to see Kane sitting in a chair, leaning over with a disgusted look on his face. The Big Red Machine then speaks.

Kane: A few weeks ago, I slammed Eric Bischoff into a wall and destroyed his office, and I have to admit it felt good! Being suspended by Steve Austin was well worth the joy I got from beating Eric Bischoff right off of Raw. And then last night, at Unforgiven, I unleashed that same wrath on Chris Jericho and even Chris Benoit. It should have been ME getting a title shot at Unforgiven, NOT Chris Jericho! Jericho promised me a title shot after SummerSlam, but he couldn’t get the job done and didn’t win the title that night. So what does he get in return? He gets a title match one on one with Benoit while I am left without! I refuse to sit back any longer and let the things that I want slip past me any longer. I want a title shot, and I want it now! And if I’m not named the number one contender, the Raw roster will have hell to pay!

The Outsiders vs Jeff Hardy w/Lita and Maven

Hardy was the answer to Nash’s open challenge last week, and Maven is always up for a match. The Outsiders were not in a good mood this night, and Hall attacked Maven right at the bell. Hall gave Maven a few rights and a discuss punch. Hall whipped Maven off the ropes and tried a back body drop, but Maven telegraphed it and booted Hall in the shoulder followed by a clothesline off the ropes. Maven tagged in Hardy, who went to work on Hall by whipping him into the corner. Hardy followed in, but Hall moved and Hardy crashed into the buckle. Hall hit Hardy with a fallaway slam and tagged in a pissed off Nash. Nash clubbed Hardy in the back with a forearm and whipped Hardy into the corner. Nash hit Hardy with a few back elbows and choked him with his boot. Nash went to end it with a powerbomb, but Hardy slipped out of it. Hardy nailed a few right hands on the big man and dropkicked his knee. With Nash hobbled, Hardy went to the top rope. Jeff flew off the top, but was met with a big boot to the face! Nash then picked Hardy up and planted him with the Jacknife! Hall cut Maven off from the save as Nash made the three. After the bell, Hall hit Maven with the Outsider Edge and he and Nash gazed at their handy work before heading back up the ramp.

Jericho Wants Answers

We then go to the office of the sole GM of Raw, Steve Austin, who has a six pack sitting on his desk and is on a cell phone.

Austin: Ah, it was no problem man. It was my pleasure to help send that son of a bitch packing! Haha, yea. No problem, Hitman. You ever need a favor, feel free to call up ol’ Stone Cold. Later.

Chris Jericho then comes into the office.

Jericho: Austin! I know you saw what happened last night at Unforgiven. I had Chris Benoit in the Walls of Jericho. I was about to become World Champion before that son of a bitch Kane decided to show his ugly mug. Now, as GM of Raw, I know you can and will give me a rematch with Benoit. And I want it tonight!

Austin: Whoa, whoa, hold your horses. Now yea, I did see what happened last night and I wont argue that you might be World Champion had it not been for Kane last night. On the other hand, Kane does have a point, as much as I don’t like to admit it. Now Stone Cold Steve Austin is a fair guy, so here’s what I’m going to do. As of right now neither you or Kane is the number one contender. So no, you wont be getting a title short tonight. But, you will have a chance to prove yourself in the ring. Both you and Kane will have a match tonight in order to make your best impression on myself. Then I’ll decide who I think should be the number one contender. And just so you know, your match is against Rhyno, so I suggest you get that smug look off your face before I slap it off and go get ready for it.

Jericho stares down Austin for a moment, as Austin returns the glare, before leaving the office as Austin cracks open a beer.

6-Person Intergender Match

Sex and Violence and Trish Stratus vs Hurricane and Rosey and Stacy Kiebler

This is the first time Stacy has been on Raw in a while. The writing team doesn’t really have any specific ideas for her as of this time. Val starts the match off with Hurricane. Hurricane outquicks Val and gets the upper hand. Hurricane lays a few blows to Val’s head and hip tosses him to the mat. Hurricane dropkicks Val and connects with a cross body off the top for an early two. Hurricane pulls Val into his corner and tags in Rosey. Rosey whips Val into the corner and follows in with a splash. Val stumbles to the mat and Rosey hits a falling splash off the ropes. Test breaks up the pin. Rosey picks Val up, but Val rakes his eyes and tags in Test. Test goes to work on Rosey’s shoulder, driving him to the mat with a one arm DDT. Test drags Rosey over to the corner and tags in Trish. By the rules, Stacy must come into the match. Trish yells at Rosey to tag in Stacy, and slaps him in the face! Rosey is not happy and grabs Trish by the hair. Rosey brings Trish to the corner and tags in Stacy. Stacy whips Trish off the ropes and connects with a kick to the head. Stacy covers, but Trish kicks out. Trish boots Stacy in the gut and throws her to the mat by her hair. Trish tags in Test, which brings in Hurricane. Hurricane ducks a boot by Test and hits a flying kick to the head of Test. Hurricane picks Test up and hits the Eye of the Hurricane! Hurricane is about to make the cover when Trish tried to attack Hurricane from behind. It doesn’t effect Hurricane, who grabs Trish as she tries to retreat and puts her in position for another Eye of the Hurricane! Hurricane is about to drop her to the cheers of the fans, but Val comes in and clotheslines Hurricane. Rosey comes in a takes Val out to the floor, but while he brawls with Val, Hurricane gets to his feet and is met with the Big Boot from Test. Test then covers for the win for X-Rated. After the bell, Val throws Rosey into the steel steps and Test takes Hurricane out with a full nelson slam. With the superheroes down, Test, Val, and Trish all corner Stacy. Stacy is visibly scared, until the Disciples of Syn run down the ramp! Bane and Seven slide in the ring. Trish is the first to see them and quickly leaves the ring, but the Disciples get a piece of Val and Test. Bane and Seven hit the tag champs with right hands, and Seven clotheslines Test out of the ring. Bane then catches Val with a spinebuster! The Disciples of Syn have cleared the ring of the tag champs, and seem to be looking for a rematch with Sex and Violence.

Interview with Edge

We now go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd is standing by with Edge.

Mark: I’m here with Edge, and last night, you and Shelton Benjamin put up a good effort against Evolution at Unforgiven but came up just a misplaced Spear short.

Edge: Last night at Unforgiven, Ill admit that I let my emotions get the best of me. Ill take the blame for losing the tag match last night. But you know, there was some good to come from last night. Triple H knows he was that close to losing. Triple H knows that in a split second, with one Spear, it would have been lights out! So Triple H, I just have this to say to you. Watch your back, because one of these days, when you least expect it, your split second will come up. And you will learn that I am not someone to be taken lightly.

“Nature Boy” Ric Flair vs Matt Hardy

After attacking Batista, unsuccessfully, at Unforgiven Matt Hardy takes on stable-mate Flair. Flair gets the upperhand early on, chopping away at Hardy in the corner. Flair connects with a few right hands and chops Hardy to the mat. Hardy reverses an irish whip and back drops Flair. Hardy hits a few rights of his own and takes Flair down with a Side Effect. 1..2..Flair gets a foot on the ropes. It was almost over early on. Flair gives Hardy a thumb to the eye and slams him to the mat. Flair decides to go to the top rope, but like always it doesn’t work out and Matt slams him to the mat. Hardy gives Flair another back drop and signals for the Twist of Fate. Batista comes running down the ramp and jumps up on the apron, distracting the referee. Hardy sets Flair up for the TOF, but Flair slips out and gives Hardy a low blow. He then shoves Hardy into the ref, knocking the referee to the floor. Batista then slides in the ring and grabs Hardy. Batista plants Hardy with the Batista Bomb! Batista rolls back to the outside and throws the ref back in the ring. Flair locks Hardy into the Figure Four. Hardy is out cold, and the ref raises Hardy’s arm three times and calls for the bell after the third drop. Flair raises his arms in victory as Batista gets back in the ring. It looks like the Evolution members might inflict some more punishment, but Shawn Michaels comes running down the ramp! HBK clears the ring of Flair with a clothesline and goes for some Sweet Chin Music on Batista, but the big man sees it coming and ducks out of the ring before being kicked. Michaels makes a “this close” gesture to Batista and watches he and Flair backtrack up the ramp.

Kane vs Billy Gunn

This was Kane’s match to impress Steve Austin. Kane attacked Gun right at the bell. Kane cornered Gunn and hit him with a few rights and a thrust to the throat. Kane whipped Gunn off the ropes and hit a big boot to the face, followed up with a sidewalk slam. Kane didn’t want to go for the pin, and instead went up to the top rope. Kane was about to attempt a flying clothesline, but Gunn made a desperation leap towards the ropes and crotched the Big Red Machine. Gunn pulled Kane to the mat and laid into him with a few right hands. Gunn booted Kane in the gut and actually hit the Fame-Ass-Er! Before Gunn could even attempt a pin, however, Kane sat up. Gunn couldn’t believe it. Gunn tried to put a few boots to Kane as he reached his feet and ran the ropes for a clothesline. Kane caught Gunn in a goozle, though, and chokeslammed him hard to the mat! Kane then picked Gunn up and delivered a Tombstone for the decisive win. As Kane stood over Gunn, Chris Jericho ran out to the ring with a chair! Jericho slid in the ring and cracked the chair over Kane’s back. Kane cringed, but did not go down. Jericho gave Kane another chair shot that sent Kane tumbling through the ropes. Kane landed on his feet and turned to stare down Jericho. Jericho dared Kane to get back in the ring, but Kane just gave a smirk and decided to head to the back.

Triple H vs Shelton Benjamin

This is a rematch from a few days ago on the special Saturday Raw. The two men locked up, and Triple H maneuvered Shelton into the corner. The ref called for a clean break, but Trips popped Shelton with a right hand. Triple H whipped Shelton into the far corner, but Shelton moved out of the way of a charge. Shelton schoolboyed Trips for an early two. Triple H was a bit peeved and charged Shelton, but Benjamin caught Trips with a hip toss, followed up by a leap frog and then a dropkick. Shelton locked Triple H in a DDT position, but Triple H ran Shelton into the buckle. Trips gave Shelton a few punches to the gut and whipped Shelton off the ropes and connected with a knee to the face. Trips whipped Shelton hard into the buckle, and Shelton fell to the mat. Triple H connected with a Harley Race knee drop and covered, but only for a two. Triple H stayed on the offensive, dropping a few elbows to the Shelton’s chest. Trips whipped Benjamin off the ropes, but Shelton ducked a clothesline and came back with a flying forearm of his own. Shelton went to kick Trips in the gut, but Triple H caught it. However, Shelton connected with a spinning enzeguri to the head. Shelton covered, but only got a two. Shelton waited for Triple H to get up and locked Trips in for the T-Bone. Triple H elbowed Shelton in the head to get out of it and kicked Shelton in the gut, setting him up for the Pedigree. Shelton blocked it and took Trips down by his legs, sling-shotting him into the corner. Triple H came stumbling back towards Shelton and Benjamin hit him with the T-Bone! 1..2…Triple H gets a foot on the bottom rope. Shelton was so close. Shelton goes to whip Triple H into the ropes, but Trips reverses it and catches Shelton with a nice spine buster. Triple H then begins to set Shelton up for the Pedigree again when a roar is heard from the crowd. It’s Edge, who apparently came through the crowd and has slid in the ring. Triple H releases Shelton to turn and see what’s going on and Edge nails him with a Spear! The ref calls for the bell, awarding the match to Triple H by DQ, but The Game is out on the mat thanks to Edge. Edge has made god on his promise to take out Triple H. Edge has a big smile on his face as he exits the ring and leaves back through the crowd.

Chris Jericho vs Rhyno

This is Jericho’s time to impress Steve Austin and be named the number one contender. Jericho tries to go toe to toe with the Man Beats early, but Rhyno overpowers Y2J and punches him back into a corner. Rhyno whips Jericho into the far corner and follows in with a hard clothesline, smothering Jericho. Rhyno then hits a running powerslam for an early two. Rhyno whips Jericho off the ropes, but Jericho ducks a clothesline a dropkicks Rhyno, sending him to the apron. Jericho leaps off the middle rope and dropkicks Rhyno again, sending him off the apron to the floor. Jericho goes to bring Rhyno back in, but Rhyno grabs Jericho’s legs and pulls him out to the floor. Rhyno then whips Jericho into the steel steps. Rhyno throws Jericho back into the ring and puts the boots to Jericho’s shoulder. Rhyno drops Jericho with a one arm DDT and covers, but only for a two. Rhyno whips Jericho into the corner and charges, but Jericho moves out of the way and Rhyno hits the steel post shoulder first. Jericho goes on the offensive, giving Rhyno a few right hands and whipping him off the ropes, then catching him with a falling face lock. Jericho goes for the Lionsault, but Rhyno moves. Jericho lands on his feet and catches Rhyno with an enzeguri kick. 1..2..Rhyno kicks out. Rhyno reverses an irish whip and scoops up Jericho for a slam, but Jericho slips out the back and dropkicks Rhyno chest first into the corner. Jericho then hits Rhyno with a bulldog as he wobbles out of the corner and follows up with the Lionsault, this time connecting! 1..2..Rhyno barely gets a shoulder up. Rhyno again reverses a whip and this time catches Jericho with a tilt-a-whirl back breaker. Rhyno goes to the corner and sizes Jericho up for the Gore. Jericho gets to his feet and Rhyno charges. Jericho sidesteps the Gore and Rhyno hits his head on the middle turnbuckle. Jericho then locks Rhyno in the Walls! Rhyno tries to stand the pain, and Jericho cinches back a little harder. After a few moments, Rhyno is forced to tap out. Jericho celebrates with the fans until Kane comes running down the ramp. Kane slides in the ring and catches Jericho with a chokeslam! Kane stares down at Jericho and then leaves the ring with a cold look on his face.

Benoit Likes What He Sees

As the show is about to comes to a close, we see Chris Benoit sitting in his locker room, the World Title draped over a rail in the background, watching what has just happened on a monitor. Benoit has a smile on his face and gives a short chuckle before turning to grab his bags and his title and leaves. Benoit is obviously content with letting Jericho and Kane beat each other up before either one of them gets a shot at his World Title.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 74%

TV Rating= 5.27

Attendance= 10,045

$= 401,800

* Kane lost overness from his segment.

* The Disciples of Syn are now faces, and both gained overness from their turn.

E-Mails

"Rhyno and Jericho didnt 'click' in their match, maybe due to thier mismatches styles."- Road Agent

"Rhyno was working too stiffly."- Chris Jericho

Other News

Syxx-Pac and Dustin Rhodes have signed open contracts with CZW. Syxx-Pac also currently has an open contract with WWF as well.

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week on Smackdown, we may have on of the most anticipated main events in the history of the program. After last week's brawl, an official match has been signed between Eddie Guerrero and Raven! It wont be for the WWF Title, but it will be a fight!

Also, Kurt Angle is a hunted man. Now that both Big Show and Matt Morgan have been disposed of by the Undertaker, Angle is left all alone to face the Deadman's wrath.

Plus, in a match for the #1 contender spot to the Cruiserweight title, Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Jamie Noble, and Nunzio battle in a 4-man elimination match.

All this, plus John Cena defends the US title against Mark Jindrak, and much more this week on Smackdown.

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 23, 2004

4-Man Elimination Match

Rey Mysterio vs Ultimo Dragon vs Jamie Noble vs Nunzio

The winner of this match will be the number on contender to Chavo Guerrero’s Cruiserweight Title. All four men will be in the ring at the same time. The match started quickly, with Rey squaring off with Noble and Dragon with Nunzio. The pace was fast and furious. During the action, Rey and Dragon were able to work for a bit as a team, double-hip tossing Noble and giving Nunzio a double dropkick that sent him to the outside. Rey leaped up to the top rope and splashed down on Nunzio on the floor with a body splash. Rey slid back in the ring, and Noble ducked a clothesline from Dragon, causing Dragon to take down Rey instead. Noble capitalized, hitting Dragon with a DDT. Noble covered, but Dragon kicked out. During this time Nunzio had gotten back in the ring. Dragon and Noble brawled and Dragon gave Noble a kick to the gut that sent him to the corner. Rey, who now stood on the apron, jumped to the top rope and went after Dragon. Dragon ducked Rey’s attack, so Rey caught Nunzio, who was standing behind Dragon, instead with a seated plancha and got the three, eliminating a surprised Nunzio. After a few more moments, Noble locked Dragon in a Tiger Bomb. Noble covered, but the pin was broken up by Rey. Rey and Noble brawled until Noble ducked a roundhouse from Rey and turned it into a side suplex. Noble turned around and was caught quickly with the Asai DDT by Dragon, and Ultimo got the pin. It was down to Dragon and Rey. The two had a stand off before Dragon attacked first, hitting Rey with multiple kicks to the sides of the legs and stomach. Dragon whipped Rey into a corner and followed in with a monkey flip, but Rey landed on his feet. Dragon charged Rey, but Rey gave him a drop toe hold into the ropes. Mysterio signaled for the 619. Rey ran the ropes, but Dragon ducked the swinging kick. Dragon tried the Asai DDT, but Rey powered out of it. Dragon reversed a whip into the corner and charged Rey, but Mysterio moved and Dragon crashed into the buckle. Rey then leaped over onto the apron, jumped off the top rope and hit the dazed Dragon with a hurricanrana. 1..2..3! Rey is the number one contender. After the match, Dragon got to his feet and stared down Rey before extending his hand, and he and Mysterio shared a handshake.

Is Angle Scared of the Undertaker?

We then go to the parking lot where a limo pulls up and out walks the GM Kurt Angle. Angle seems paranoid as he gets out of the car and looks around the area. He walks, though briskly, into the backstage area and quickly gets to his locker room, not stopping to even acknowledge the personnel who give a greeting to him. Angle reaches his locker room, looks around one last time, and opens the door and slams it shut. It looks like Angle is a bit nervous about being at the arena alone with the Undertaker lurking around.

Hardcore Holly vs Rico w/Miss Jackie

Rico tried to use some mind games on Holly, wrapping Holly up from behind and wiggling his hips. Holly got loose of the hold and wasn’t amused, slapping Rico right across the face. Rico let out a high-pitched scream and was slammed hard to the mat by Holly. Holly moved Rico into the corner and began to chop at his chest. Holly whipped Rico off the ropes and connected with a nice dropkick. Holly covered, but only got a two. Holly picked Rico up for a slam, but Rico slipped out the back and hit Holly with a side leg sweep. Rico whipped Holly into the corner and landed a few kicks to the gut, followed up with a jumping kick to the head off the middle rope. Rico gave Holly a neck breaker a went to the top rope. Rico went for it all with a moonsault, but Holly moved out of the way and Rico crashed to the mat. Holly was about to set Rico up for the Alabama Slam when Miss Jackie got on the apron. Holly confronted her and Rico charged Holly from behind, but Hardcore sidestepped Rico and threw him into Jackie. Jackie fell to the floor and Holly then hit Rico with the Alabama Slam for the win. After the bell, Jackie still lay on the outside. It appears she may be hurt from her fall. Rico rolled to the outside to check on Jackie. She didn’t seem to be moving and Rico started freaking out, covering his mouth and pacing about. He seemed almost too beside himself to even help. Holly noticed and went to the outside as well. He checked on Jackie and seemed annoyed that Rico was acting so wildly. When it appeared Rico wasn’t in a shape to help, Holly picked Jackie up and headed to the back with her to find some help. Rico followed behind Holly, obviously concerned for Jackie.

Interview with Eddie

We then go to the interview area where Josh Matthews is standing by with WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero.

Josh: I’m here with Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero, who tonight has a match with the deranged Raven.

Eddie: You know homes, I’m pretty sure everyone knows Raven is a little coocoo esse. Because he has to be crazy to come after Latino Heat! He has to be a little off his rocker to attack me from behind on his first night here on Smackdown. And he has to be simply insane to think he can take my WWF Title away, esse! See I was a man about all this last week when I called Raven out, and all I got was just a little piece, man, and that’s not enough for me. So tonight I get an actual match with Raven, but it wont be much of a wrestling match, homes, oh no. It’s going to be a fight! And since Raven seems to be a little loco, maybe, just maybe, Latino Heat can help him out. If I can’t beat the crazy out of him, I’ll just have to beat some sense into him!

WWF Tag Team Title Match

The Dudley Boyz © vs The Thrillseekers

Bubba started the match out with London. Bubba was quick to power London into a corner, but London ducked a right hand and landed a few of his own in the corner. Bubba charged out of the corner and London hit him with a hip toss. London then dropkicked Bubba through the ropes and to the outside. Bubba was obviously frustrated and slapped the mat. London motioned for Bubba to get back in the ring. Bubba did so, and caught London with a boot to the gut. Bubba shoved London into the corner and gave him a few good slaps to the chest. Bubba tagged in D-Von, and both Dudleys isolated London in the corner with double team moves while Moore argued with the ref. D-Von whipped London off the ropes, but London ducked a clothesline and caught D-Von with a enzeguri kick. Both men began to crawl to their corners. D-Von made a tag to Bubba first, but London made the tag to Shannon Moore. Moore dropkicked Bubba in the face and then caught a charging D-Von with a super kick. Bubba came up behind Moore and locked him in a full nelson, but London got back in the ring and hit Bubba with a flying neck breaker from behind. London then jumped out of the ring with a suicide dive onto D-Von on the outside. Moore planted Bubba with a DDT and went to the top rope. On the outside, D-Von grabbed London and threw him into the steel steps. Moore got to the top turnbuckle, but while the ref was checking on London on the outside D-Von gave Moore a low blow and shoved him off the ropes. Bubba got to his feet and he and D-Von gave Moore the 3D for the win. After the bell, it looked like the Dudleys were going to continue the beating of Moore and London when Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty came running down the ramp. The Dudleys met both men and exchanged right hands, with Rikishi and Scotty getting the best of it and clotheslining both Dudleys out of the ring. Rikishi stared the tag champs down while Scotty checked on Moore in the ring.

Rob Van Dam vs Rene Dupree

Dupree attacked Van Dam at the bell, giving RVD a few clubbing blows to the back. Dupree whipped RVD off the ropes and hit a powerslam for an early two. Dupree put the boots to Van Dam and slammed him to the mat, followed by his trademark dance and a fist drop. Dupree again whipped RVD off the ropes and tried a backdrop, but Van Dam landed on his feet and took Rene’s legs out with a sweeping kick. RVD hit Rene in the temple with a few forearm shots and a spinning kick. RVD ran the ropes and hit Rolling Thunder, but only got a two count from it. RVD stayed on the offensive and whipped Rene into the corner. Van Dam gave Dupree two shoulder blocks to the gut and then did a backflip, but as he charged for his third shoulder block Rene moved and RVD ran into the steel post. Rene had that one scouted. Rene went to work on the injured shoulder, beating RVD with a few fists and then picking RVD up and dropping him shoulder first onto the top turnbuckle. Rene lifted RVD up and hit a shoulder breaker. Rene covered, but only got a two. Dupree went to the middle rope and attempted a fist drop, but RVD moved and Rene crunched his own hand. RVD took Dupree down with a clothesline and quickly leaped to the top rope. Rene stumbled to his feet and RVD connected with a flying kick to the chest. RVD covered, but Rene barely kicked out. Van Dam tried to whip Rene into the ropes, but Dupree reversed it and turned it into a short whip into position for the Dupree Driver. Dupree was about to drop RVD down, but Van Dam got loose and hit Dupree with a roundhouse kick to the face. Van Dam then jumped up to the top rope again, and this time connected with the Five Star Frog Splash! 1..2..3. As Van Dam was playing to the crowd, Theodore Long appeared on the ramp and made his way to ringside. As RVD was distracted by Teddy, Booker T came running through the crowd and attacked RVD from behind. Booker beat down RVD and hit him with a scissors kick. Booker talked some smack to Van Dam and left him laying on the mat as he made his back to the locker room with Theodore.

JBL Campaign

A video now airs promoting John Bradshaw Layfield and his campaign to be the next United States Champion. It shows a few video clips of Bradshaw speaking and wrestling, including hitting the Clothesline From Hell on John Cena a few weeks ago. The video ends with the slogan “JBL: For a Better America.”(Paid for by the ‘JBL for US Champion’ committee.)

Quote the Raven

We then go to a dark room in the arena where Raven sits slumped in a corner.

Raven: Tonight I step into the squared circle with Eddie Guerrero, a man afraid of his own mortality. A man who claims to have conquered demons, yet he knows nothing of the demons I have seen. You think you have it all Eddie? What about me?! What about Raven?! The pain you have endured, the sacrifices you have made, pale in comparison to the path my life has taken me. I am the demon you cannot conquer this time, Eddie. When you look in my eyes, you see your future and you see your destiny. And though tonight may be our first encounter, it will not be our last. This is just the beginning. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

United States Title Match

John Cena © vs Mark Jindrak w/Sable

The “Reflection of Perfection” made a good showing against the Doctor, gaining the advantage early on. Jindrak pounded Cena in the corner and took him down with an underhook suplex. Jindrak dropped a big leg onto the chest of Cena, but only got a two. Jindrak whipped Cena off the ropes and tried a back body drop, but Cena met him with a kick to the shoulder and a running clothesline. Cena blasted Jindrak with a few right hands and scooped him up for a body slam. Cena dropped an elbow to the sternum of Jindrak and clamped on a headlock. Jindrak was able to power up to his feet and break the hold with an elbow to the gut. Jindrak then dropped Cena with a sidewalk slam. Jindrak whipped Cena off the ropes. Cena ducked a clothesline, but couldn’t duck a boot to the face from Jindrak. Mark then stood by the corner and waited for Cena to get up. As Cena wobbled to his feet, Jindrak leaped to the top rope and came off with a flying clothesline. Sable was already celebrating the win on the outside as Jindrak crawled over to make the pin. Jindrak covered, but Cena barely kicked out. That would have been an upset. Sable couldn’t believe it, and Jindrak seemed a little frustrated, but stayed on the offensive. Jindrak set Cena up for a powerbomb, but Cena slipped out of it as Jindrak lifted him up and planted Jindrak with a DDT. Cena gave Jindrak the 5 Knuckle Shuffle and then pumped up his sneakers to the cheers of the fans. Cena lifted Jindrak up for the FU, but Mark slipped out of it and tried to suplex Cena. Cena worked his way out of this as well, booted Jindrak in the gut, and dropped him with the Throwback. Cena again signaled for the FU, but as he waited to size Jindrak up, Bradshaw, suit and all, came running down the ramp. JBL slid in the ring and blindsided Cena with the Clothesline From Hell! The ref called for the bell, awarding the match to Cena by DQ, but the damage had been done. JBL picked Cena up to his feet and planted him with a powerbomb. JBL stood over Cena and tipped his hat to the crowd, a big smile on his face.

Time To Face The Reaper

The music of Kurt Angle then hit the arena as the Olympic Hero came walking out to the ring, a bit hesitant, and called for a microphone.

Angle: A few months ago I made a vow to all of you, and that vow was to rid the WWF of the Undertaker. Now I’ve heard this vicious rumor going around that just because the Big Show was taken out a few weeks ago and Matt Morgan isn’t here tonight that I, Kurt Angle, am scared to face the Undertaker. Are you kidding me? I am an Olympic gold medalist. I’m a former multiple-time WWF champion. I’m the GM of Smackdown. Frankly, I’m Kurt Angle damn it! And if you think I’m afraid of anyone on the Smackdown roster, you’re wrong. And you know, I’m tired of these rumors. I think everyone needs to reminded of the kind of man that I am. So I’m calling out the Undertaker, right here, right now! Undertaker, you want a piece of me so bad, well here I am Deadman. Come and get me!

The lights go out in the arena and the GONG is heard. The Undertaker’s music begins to play and the Phenom makes his way out to the ring. The fans are going nuts. Undertaker steps into the ring and gives Angle a cold stare. Angle gulps hard and may be re-thinking his actions. The Undertaker takes a step towards Angle when the lights go out again. What’s going on? After a few moments, the lights come back up and the Big Show is standing behind Undertaker with a chair! Taker turns and is waffled with the chair in the head. The Big Show is back! Taker falls to the mat, but sits up. Show takes the chair and again smacks it over the Deadman’s head, sending him back down. Big Show holds the chair over the Taker’s throat as Angle stands over him, saying “You want to play games, Undertaker? I can play games!” Angle gives Taker a kick to the gut and he and Show celebrate their work. The Undertaker slowly sits back up again! Angle’s eyes get wide in disbelief and he motions for Show to get out of the ring, and Angle does too. Kurt and Big Show backtrack up the ramp as the Undertaker is sitting back up and scowls at the two men. Undertaker makes a throat cutting gesture as Angle and Show head to the back.

Eddie Guerrero vs Raven

The bell sounds and both men race to meet each other in the middle of the ring. Both men throw wild rights and lefts. Eddie gets the better of it and punches Raven into a corner. Eddie continues to pound away and brings Raven to a seated position in the corner as he beats away. Eddie does a little dance for the crowd as Latino Heat is definitely fired up. As Eddie turns back to Raven, Raven grabs his tights and pulls him into the turnbuckle. Raven boots Eddie in the gut multiple times in the corner and sets him up in a Tree of Woe, choking Eddie with his boot while he hangs upside down. Raven grabs Eddie by the head and runs him down to the mat with a bulldog. Raven rolls to the outside and grabs a steel chair and brings it into the ring. The ref warns Raven that this is not a Hardcore match. Raven moves the referee out of the way, but Eddie catches Raven with a dropkick, causing Raven to drop the weapon. Eddie pounds on Raven and locks him in for the Three Amigos suplex. Eddie signals for the end and heads up top. Eddie is about to hit the Frog Splash when someone in a hooded vest comes running down the aisle and shoves Eddie off the top rope. The hooded man slides in the ring and puts the boots to Eddie as the ref calls for the bell. Eddie gets to his feet and starts to fight back, hitting the man with right hands. Raven tries to help out, but Eddie pounds away on him as well. The hooded man goes and grabs the steel chair as Eddie and Raven as brawling and cracks the chair over Eddie’s back. Eddie drops to one knee and is hit again with the weapon, this time over the head. The hooded man removes his hood and we see that its…..AJ?! The young man who answered Raven’s challenge a few weeks ago and was driven face first into a chair. Why would he be helping Raven? AJ seems to have dark eye liner around his eyes and a cold look on his face. AJ holds Eddie up for Raven, who proceeds to drop Eddie with the Evenflow DDT. Raven sits on the mat for a second and then rolls out, along with AJ. Raven slaps AJ on the back as they head to the back and the WWF Champion is left lying in the ring.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 77%

TV Rating= 5.73

Attendance= 10,010

$= 400,400

* The Tag Team Titles gained in image.

* The US Title gained in image.

* Eddie Guerrero and Raven were both sluggish in their match.

E-Mails

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Ultimo Dragon

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Paul London

"John Cena and Mark Jindrak work well in the ring together."- Road Agent

News

* Scott Steiner has been released from his contract. Steiner was not happy because the writing team couldnt come up with anything for him, and rather than have him just sit out the length of his contract, WWF offered him a release and he accepted.

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 25, 2004

Charlie Haas beat Funaki with the Haas of Pain.

Christian w/Trish pinned Jeff Hardy w/Lita after Trish Startus tried to distract Jeff, leading to a Trish and Lita scuffle. Christian was then able to roll up Jeff and use the tights ti get the win.

A video aired of the match between Eddie Guerrero and Raven from this past Smackdown.

The Thrillseekers beat The FBI when London pinned Nunzio after being hit accidentally by Stamboli with some brass knucks.

Stevie Richards upset A-Train with a Stevie Kick and Stevie-T.

Exclusive backstage footage was shown of the Undertaker following the attack by the Big Show on Smackdown. Undertaker simply said "The Big Show is a dead man."

Chavo Guerrero beat Spike Dudley to retain the Cruiserweight Championship.

Sean O'Haire w/Bobby Heenan defeated Maven with the Prophecy.

Heidenreich beat Chuck Palumbo after a chokeslam.

Rene Dupree pinned Orlando Jordan after the Dupree Driver.

Chris Benoit defeated Billy Gunn with the Crossface in a non-title match.

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week on Raw, a decision will be made. Raw GM Steve Austin will make a ruling on who is the number one contender to the World Title: Chris Jericho or Kane.

Speaking of the World Title, Chris Benoit will be in action in a non-title match.

Plus, two legends go head to head as the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair goes one on one with "HBK" Shawn Michaels!

All this and we gurantee much, much more on the next Raw!

Edited by Prototype

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 27, 2004

Glass shatters and Raw kicks off with the GM Stone Cold Steve Austin making his way down to the ring.

Austin: It seems to me that in past couple of weeks there’s been a bit of a controversy about who is the number one contender for the World Title. Some say it’s Chris Jericho, some say it’s Kane. Well, Stone Cold is a fair man so last week I gave both guys a chance to impress me. And I have to say both guys did a hell of a job. So now I’ve got a decision to make as the GM of Raw about who gets the next title shot. And frankly, I don’t think that’s a decision I alone should be making. It’s a decision that should be made for me, right here in this ring! So tonight, I’m making a match. Right here tonight, it’s gonna be Chris Jericho against Kane one on one! And the winner of that match will be the number one contender, cause Stone Cold said so!

Christian w/Trish vs Maven

The leader of X-Rated goes one on one with the youngster here. Christian gets the upper hand early, giving a few rights to the head of Maven and kicking him in the gut in the corner. Christian whips Maven off the ropes and connects with a clothesline. Christian scoops Maven up and hits a reverse DDT and covers, but only gets a two. Christian whips Maven into the corner and gives a smile to Trish before charging in. Maven moves out of the way and Christian smashes into the buckle. Maven leaps up to the top quickly and hits Christian with a bulldog from the top. Maven covers, but Christian kicks out at two. Maven stays on the offensive, giving Christian a few right hands, ducks a right, and plants Christian with a DDT. Maven again goes to the top rope and waits for Christian to get to his feet. Trish is screaming at Christian to watch out. Maven leaps with a cross body, but Christian ducks out of the way and Maven crashes to the mat. Christian quickly sets Maven up and plants him with the Unprettier for the win. Christian rolls to the outside and wraps his arm around Trish, telling her “Let’s get ready for the party.” Is X-Rated planning a celebration?

Interview with Jericho

We now go backstage where Mark Lloyd is standing by with Chris Jericho.

Mark: I’m here with Y2J, Chris Jericho. Chris, what are your thoughts on having to go one on one with Kane here tonight with the number one contendership on the line.

Jericho: What are my thoughts? My thoughts, monkey, are that tonight I’m going to kick some Big Red ass! See, even though I think I should be the number one contender beside the fact, I think Steve Austin made the right decision in having the matter settled out in the ring. Not only was it fair and just, but the beating Kane is going to get tonight will also be fair and just after he interfered in my title match at Unforgiven! I’ve wanted to get my hands on that burnt up ass clown since that night, and tonight I can kill two birds with one stone. After tonight, I will be the rightful number one contender, and the Big Red Freak will have taken an ass kicking that he will never, eeeever, forget! And then, me and all the Jerichoholics will party all the way to downtown Chinatown and all the way to the World Title, babay!

Shelton Won’t Back Down

We then cut to the locker room area and Evolution’s locker room where the Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton is hanging out. The door busts open and in walks Shelton Benjamin!

Orton: What the hell do you think you’re doing?

Shelton: I’ll tell you what I’m doing. I’m taking a stand. I’m tired of waiting around, Orton. I’m the number one contender to your Intercontinental title and I want my shot now!

Orton: I think you better think about what you’re doing, Shelton. For one, I’m the champion, not you, and that means I make the decisions on when I defend this title, not you. And secondly, don’t you realize whose lover room this is? This belongs to Evolution, and any minute Batista, Flair, or even Triple H could walk in here and beat you to a bloody pulp, that is if I don’t do it myself first.

Shelton: Well I tell ya what, Orton. My time will come, so if you wont defend the title tonight, that’s fine. But how about putting your pride on the line instead? How about me and you get it on tonight in the…spirit of competition? No titles, just to see who is the best. What do you say, champ?

Orton: Shelton, I have no problem with beating you tonight. In fact, I would enjoy giving you the wrestling lesson of your life.

Shelton: Then it’s on. See you later tonight….champ.

Shelton leaves the locker room as Orton sneers after him, and a one on one match is set between these two great athletes.

Shawn Michaels vs “Nature Boy” Ric Flair

These two legends locked up to start the match, and HBK got pushed into the corner. HBK was looking for a clean break, but Flair poked him in the eye and gave him a few chops to the chest. Michaels grabbed Flair and threw him into the corner and returned the favor. HBK whipped Flair into the far corner and gave him a back body drop as he stumbled out of the buckle. Michaels gave Flair a few right hands and whipped him off the ropes, connecting with a hip toss and following up with a falling fist to the head. HBK made the cover, but only got a two. Michaels stayed on the offensive, hitting a few slams and a suplex to the Nature Boy. Michaels went to the top rope and connected with his flying elbow drop. HBK started to tune up the band when Batista ran down to ringside. Batista hoped up on to the apron and started to jaw at Michaels, but Shawn took him down with a hard right to the head. During the distraction, Flair snuck up behind Michaels and hit him with a low blow. Flair grabbed Michaels leg and locked him in the Figure Four! Flair cinched it in as HBK reached for the ropes. Michaels couldn’t get to them, and tried to turn Flair over. HBK slowly gained momentum and Flair tried to fight it, but HBK finally reversed the pressure on to Flair. Flair released the hold and both men hobbled to their feet. Batista pounded on the mat for Flair to attack. Flair bounced off the ropes and came at HBK with a clothesline, but Michaels ducked and hit Flair with Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere! HBK then crawled over and made the cover for the win. Batista couldn’t believe it, and after the bell slid into the ring and nailed HBK with a clothesline. Batista picked Michaels up and hit him with a big spinebuster. Michaels was laid out flat on the mat as Batista and Flair began to put the boots to him. Suddenly, Matt Hardy came running down the aisle and slid into the ring. Hardy showed no fear and went right after the two Evolution members, giving both men right hands and clothesline Flair over the top rope. Batista grabbed Hardy and went to pick him up for a slam, but Hardy slipped out the back and dropkicked Batista in the back and sent him through the ropes to the outside. Batista and Flair huddled together and yelled smack at Hardy as Matt motioned for them to bring it on and then checked on Michaels in the ring. What is this relationship between Hardy and HBK?

Triple H vs The Hurricane

Triple H gained the upper hand early, pounding away on Hurricane and overpowering him with right hands and a suplex to the mat. Triple H whipped Hurricane off the ropes and connected with a flying knee to the face. Trips went for an early cover, but only got a two. Triple H stayed on the offensive, whipping Hurricane into the corner. Triple H charged in, but Hurricane moved out of the way and Trips crashed into the buckle. Hurricane then caught Trips with a clothesline off the ropes. This was Hurricane’s chance. Hurricane charged Triple H and caught him with a headscissors takedown. Hurricane then hit Trips with the Shining Wizard and covered, but only got a two. Hurricane stayed focused, whipping Triple H off the ropes. Hurricane telegraphed his maneuver, though, and Trips slammed his head into his knee. Triple H then set Hurricane up for the Pedigree, but Hurricane blocked it and back dropped Trips. Hurricane ducked a right hand and connected with the Eye of the Hurricane! 1..2..Triple H just kicked out. That was close. Hurricane decided to then go to the top rope. Triple H wobbled to his feet and Hurricane flew off with an axe handle. Triple H saw it coming, however, and hit Hurricane in the gut as he came off the top. Hurricane doubled over and Triple H quickly locked him in position and drove him to the mat with the Pedigree. 1..2..3. Triple H posed in the ring after the match concluded.

A Backstage Attack

We then go to the backstage area where Chris Jericho is walking the halls, ready for his match with Kane. Suddenly, from behind comes the Big Red Monster himself, clobbering Jericho with a clothesline. Kane puts the boots to Jericho and then grabs a chair. Kane reaches back and cracks the chair over Jericho’s back. Kane then turns the chair on its edge and rams it into the kidney area of Jericho. Jericho is writhing in the floor in pain. Kane isn’t done yet. Kane grabs Jericho by the throat and brings him to his feet, and then flings him back first into a concrete wall, making a sickening thud against it. Kane looks down at Jericho crumpled on the floor and lets an evil smile creep across his face before leaving the scene.

It’s An X-Rated Celebration

We come back to the arena with all the members of X-Rated coming to the ring, including Trish. A banner saying “Congratulations” is hung over the ring. Christian then grabs a mic and explains what all this is about.

Christian: As you can see, tonight is a night of celebration. It’s a proud moment for me, and a proud moment for X-Rated, because tonight marks the one-month title reign of your tag team champions, Val Venis and Test, X-Rated’s own Sex and Violence! Congrats guys! This is all for you!

Balloons start to fall from the rafters as Christian gives a handshake and hug to both Val and Test, as does Rhyno. Trish gives both men a kiss on the cheek. X-Rated is riding high when suddenly Bane and Seven, the Disciples of Syn, come running down the ramp. Christian and Rhyno see them coming and leave the ring, taking Trish out of harm’s way as well. Test and Val had their backs turned to the Disciples, playing to the crowd, and didn’t see the monsters slide in the ring. Christian tried to get their attention, and both Test and Val turned straight in to right hands from Bane and Seven. Bane took Test out with a big spinebuster, causing Test to roll to the outside for cover. Bane then grabbed Val and held him up in the air as Seven ran the ropes and took him down with a clothesline in a “Hart Attack” type maneuver. The Disciples have cleared the ring of the tag champs and effectively ruined their celebration! Christian and Rhyno helped Test and Val to the back as Bane and Seven motioned that they wanted those tag team titles.

Chris Benoit vs Stevie Richards w/Victoria

This was a non-title match for the World Champion. Benoit attacked aggressively at the bell, cornering Stevie in the turnbuckle. Benoit let loose with some vicious chops to Richards chest and whipped him hard into the far buckle. Benoit grabbed Stevie for a snap suplex and then put a few stomps to his chest. This seemed to be a walk in the park for Benoit and it showed in Benoit’s body language. Benoit slammed Stevie to the mat and went up to the top rope. Benoit looked to end the match with a flying headbutt, but Richards was able to roll out of the way! Richards hit Benoit with a few right hands and a suplex of his own. Stevie tried to whip Benoit into the ropes, but Benoit reversed it. Benoit attempted a clothesline, but Richards ducked it and hit Benoit with the Stevie-T! Richards makes the cover. 1..2…Benoit kicks out. Stevie cant believe how close he was to beating the World Champ. Richards picks Benoit up for a slam, but Benoit slips out and wraps Stevie around the waist and nails a German suplex. Benoit looks a bit disgruntled that Richards put up such a fight, and hits Stevie with three more Germans! Benoit then locks on the Crossface, and in almost no time Richards taps out to the World Champion. Benoit posed on the buckles with the World Title to the boos of the crowd.

Will There Be A Match?

It was now time for the number one contender’s match as fire exploded from the stage and Kane made his way to the ring. After Kane’s entrance, the music of Y2J hit the arena, but Jericho failed to make his way out to the ring. Jericho is apparently too banged up from the backstage attack from Kane to wrestle. Kane began to laugh and then demanded a mic in the ring.

Kane: It looks like Chris Jericho will be unable to compete tonight. So I guess that makes me the number one contender by forfeit!

The crowd starts to boo before the music of Steve Austin hits to a loud pop and the Rattlesnake makes his way down to the ring.

Austin: Now it is true that Chris Jericho has been injured and wont be able to wrestle in his match here tonight. But considering the circumstances of that injury, there’s no way in hell I’m going to let you accept a forfeit! Next week, here on Raw, there will be a match between you and Chris Jericho for the number one conendership.

Kane: What?!!

Austin: And in addition to that, if you get involved with Jericho before your match next week, you’ll be disqualified from competing in the match and Jericho will be the number one contender.

Kane: Austin, I should be the number one contender! Me!

Austin: (going face to face with Kane) Well what I’m telling you is that you’re not! And if you’re burnt up brain can’t understand that, then you’re even dumber than I thought you were.

Kane: I would take that back if I were you, Austin.

Austin: I don’t.

(Tense staredown)

Austin: Unless you’ve got something else to say, I suggest you leave my ring.

Kane backs up and acts like he is going to leave the ring, but then turns around and tries to hit Austin with a right hand. Austin blocks it and hits Kane with a few rights of his own! Austin kicks Kane in the gut and tries to give him the Stunner, but Kane shoves Austin into the ropes and then boots him in the face! Kane waits for Austin to get to his feet and chokeslams the GM! Kane then picks Austin up to his feet and plants him with a Tombstone! Right on Austin’s surgically repaired neck! Austin lays motionless on the mat as Kane’s raises his arms and fire explodes from the turnbuckles. Kane has taken out Stone Cold!

Randy Orton vs Shelton Benjamin

Orton and Shelton locked up in the middle of the ring and exchanged some chain wrestling moves, with Shelton getting the best of it by hip tossing Orton to the mat. Orton charged Shelton and was again hip tossed and then caught with dropkick. Shelton went for the early cover, but only got two. Benjamin now controlled the match, chopping Orton in the corner and slamming him to the mat. Orton reversed an irish whip, bit Shelton ducked his clothesline and connected with a cross body for another two count. Shelton went for a boot to the gut, but Orton caught his foot. Shelton turned that into a dragon whip kick to the head of Orton. Benjamin whipped Orton into the corner and charged in for a splash, but Orton moved out of the way and Shelton crashed into the buckle. Orton then caught Shelton with a DDT out of the corner. Orton was now in comtrol. Orton pounded Shelton with some right hands and hit him with a stiff uppercut. Shelton was able to reverse a whip into the ropes, but Orton ducked a clothesline and caught Benjamin with his bending back breaker. Orton covered, but Shelton kicked out at two. Orton shoved Benjamin into the corner and gave him a few boots to the gut. Orton then set Shelton up on the top turnbuckle. Orton scaled the ropes and looked like he was going to superplex Benjamin, but Shelton fought him off and then shoved Orton to the mat. Shelton regrouped and perched himself on the top rope. Orton got to his feet and Benjamin caught him with a hard flying clothesline! Shelton covered, but Orton just kicked out at two. Shelton went to whip Orton off the ropes, but Orton reversed it. Shelton, though, ducked a clothesline and wrapped Orton up for a German suplex. Shelton again covers, but Orton again kicks out. Shelton goes to again whip Orton into the corner but Orton reverses it and throws Shelton into the near corner, squashing the ref between Shelton and the corner. Both men the run hit each other with clotheslines. Both men are down. This brought Triple H out to ringside. Triple H slid into the ring and set Shelton up for the Pedigree, but Shelton backflipped Triple H instead! Shelton began to brawl with Trips until Orton reached his feet and attacked him from behind. Both Orton and Triple H began to put the boots to Shelton when Edge ran down the ramp! Edge slid into the ring and began to size Triple H up for a Spear. Edge charged, but Triple H sidestepped the attack and Edge speared Orton instead! Edge and Triple H then began to brawl and Edge clotheslined Triple H to the outside. Edge followed him out and both men brawled up the ramp. In the ring, Shelton began to stir and crawled towards Orton. Shelton draped an arm over Orton as the ref groggily got into position. 1..2..3! Shelton Benjamin has pinned the Intercontinental Champion! Shelton received the cheers of the crowd as the show came to a close.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 78%

TV rating= 5.98

Attendance= 10,031

$= 401, 240

* Chris Jericho gained overness from his interview.

* Bane and Seven both gained overness from their segment.

* Chris Benoit was sluggish in his match.

E-Mails

"I think I should be higher up the card."- The Hurricane