WWF 2004

Guest Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

The last Smackdown of the month looks to be ready to explode!

After having his chance at getting revenge on Raven last week ruined by AJ, what will Eddie Guerrero do in response this week?

Plus, the Big Show made his return last week and saved Kurt Angle from a beatdown from the Undertaker. Will the big man have to look in the eyes of the Reaper this week?

All this, plus cruiserweight action and we will get an update on the condition of Miss Jackie after last week's collision with Hardcore Holly.

Edited by Prototype

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 30, 2004

Smackdown begins with the tunes of Latino Heat, as WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero made his way out to the ring in his low rider. Eddie played to the crowd and then entered the ring and asked for a mic.

Eddie: Last week, I finally got my hands on that loco Raven. And even though it wasn’t for as long as I had wanted, it felt good homes! And I want some more, vato! If it wasn’t for some punk kid getting involved last week, I might have been able to settle this little issue a week ago. But oh no Raven, all you’ve done now is fire me up, homes! Latino Heat is ready to run wild! So Raven, what I want you to do is get your slimy ass out here so that I can kick it just a little bit more!

The crowd roars its approval before Raven’s music hits and he walks out to the ramp along with AJ.

Raven: Eddie, as much as I would like to fill your request, I’m not sure I feel safe getting in the ring with you in your present state of mind. If I were to engage you in a wrestling match, who knows what madness you may turn it into. Our time will come, Eddie. Patience is a virtue. But I will offer this. You see, AJ here proved himself last week. He illustrated that he can overcome obstacles, that he wouldn’t let adversity and oppressors get in the way of him having a wrestling career. He learned his lessons from myself, and has now used them to gain knowledge. So I think it’s time to see those lessons in action. AJ is eager to serve, and tonight if you want an opponent, Eddie, it wont be me. To get to me, you’ll have to past the test. You’ll need to show me that you too have learned the lessons that AJ has and that you can put them to use. To get to me, you’ll have to get through AJ first.

Eddie: That suits me just fine, esse. I know our time will come, Raven, but until then I have no problem beating up a lackey! Latino Heat will run wild tonight, esse. O le lai!

Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble

Noble was one of the three men defeated for the Cruiserweight title shot last week in the four-man elimination match. Noble and Rey locked up, with Rey taking Noble down with a quick arm drag. Noble reversed an irish whip, but Rey connected with a tilt a whirl head scissors. Rey took Noble down with a body slam and went out to the apron. Rey signaled to the crowd and jumped to the top rope and sprung off at Noble for what appeared to be a hurricanrana, but Noble blocked it and turned it into a hard powerbomb. Noble covered, but Rey kicked out at two. Noble put the boots to Rey and drove him into the corner. Noble whipped Rey into the corner and set him up for a monkey flip, but Rey landed on his feet and ran off the ropes. Rey tried to catch Noble with another head scissors, but Noble countered it into a tilt a whirl back breaker. Noble covered, but again only got a two. Noble was a bit frustrated. Noble kicked Rey in the gut and set him up for the Tiger Bomb. Noble lifted him up, but Rey locked his legs around Noble’s head and countered it into a hurricanrana! Rey hooked the legs and got the three out of nowhere. After the match, Rey celebrated in the ring when the Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero came running down the ramp and clocked Rey with the Cruiser title! Chavo lifted Rey to his feet and drilled him with a brain buster. Chavo stood over Rey and motioned that Rey would never win the Cruiser title.

Angle Books A Match

The music of GM Kurt Angle then hits the arena as he makes his way out to the ring along with the Big Show.

Angle: Ladies and gentlemen, tonight is a night that neither you or I will soon forget. The man you see standing beside me stands seven feet tall, weighs 400 pounds, and will effectively place his and my name in the history books by ridding the WWF of the Undertaker! As you saw last week, the Undertaker is no match for the Big Show. Big Show made a monstrous return last week and demolished the Deadman. And tonight, we will finish the job. Tonight, in this very ring, the Big Show will go one on one with the Undertaker! And why, you might ask, do I seem so confident in sending the Big Show against the Phenom here tonight? Because there is more than one way to kill the Deadman. Even if Big Show were to not get a three count, which isn’t likely to happen, the Undertaker will still be a defeated man. Like every great plan, like every great leader, yours truly has a secret weapon in store for the Undertaker. And when I unleash this secret weapon, there will be nothing left of the Undertaker and your Olympic Hero will add just another feather into his cap. Oh it’s true, it’s true!

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs Kyo Dai

It was announced during this match that Rikishi and Scotty would get a rematch with the Dudley Boyz for the tag titles at the upcoming PPV. Scotty and Akio started off the match and exhibited some good cruiser action, highlighted by moonsault from the top from Akio that almost got Kyo Dai the upset. Sakoda tagged in, but Scotty escaped his grasp during a slam and tagged in Rikshi. The rest of the match was all Kish. Rikishi took out Sakoda with a Samoan Drop and then nailed Akio with a super kick as he tried to help out Sakoda. Akio fell into the corner and Rikishi gave him the Stink Face. Sakoda tried to attack Rikishi from behind, but Scotty caught him with a bulldog and hit him with the Worm. Rikishi then drug Sakoda to the corner and flattened him with a Banzai Drop for the win. As Kish and Scotty celebrated, the Dudleys appeared on the top of the ramp, apparently scouting. Rikishi and Scotty looked very impressive here tonight.

Update From Rico

We then go to a live satellite feed with Rico, who is at the home of Miss Jackie helping her recover from her collision with Hardcore Holly last week.

Cole: Rico, the first question obviously is how is Miss Jackie doing?

Rico: Jackie is doing fabulously Michael! Her spirits are up, her hair looks great, and she’ll be back to one hundred percent in no time.

Cole: Well Rico, last week when Jackie collided with Hardcore, you were a bit beside yourself and Hardcore actually lent a hand in finding Jackie some help.

Rico: Oh yes, sometimes I get a bit frazzled sometimes. It was such a dramatic experience that I lost my head. But I thank Hardcore Holly for helping out Miss Jackie last week. In fact, when I return to Smackdown next week, I will personally thank Hardcore for his generosity and show him just how much Jackie and I appreciate him.

Cole: Well then I guess we’ll see you next week Rico.

Rico: Wonderful! Ta-ta!

John “Bradshaw” Layfield vs Orlando Jordan

JBL tried to offer Jordan a hand shake at the start of the match, but Orlando would have none of it and planted a right hand to JBL’s jaw. Jordan got in a good flurry of offense, rocking JBL with rights and lefts and getting a two count after a swinging neckbreaker. Orlando whipped Bradshaw into the corner, but JBL moved when Orlando tried to follow in with a splash and Jordan crashed into the buckle. Bradshaw then scooped Orlando up and hit him with a fallaway slam. JBL put the boots to Jordan and whips him hard into the corner. JBL picks Jordan up and sets him up for a powerbomb. Bradsahw lifts him up, but Orlando slips out and hits JBL with a DDT. Jordan then goes up to the top rope looking to score the upset. JBL gets to his feet and Orlando leaps off for a clothesline, but JBL boots Jordan right in the face! JBL then waits for Orlando to wobble to his feet and nails him with a Clothesline from Hell! JBL covers Orlando and gets the easy three.

The Doctor Makes a Challenge

While JBL is celebrating his win, the music of John Cena hits the arena and the US champ walks out on the ramp.

Cena: JBL! It seems to me that you’ve been looking to pick a fight with the champ! I think you did all that campaigning for nothing, because if it was a match you wanted, John Cena aint hard to find!I always say, don’t start nothing, wont be nothing. But since you wanna start something, we can get it crackin right now.

JBL: Now hold on a second, Cena. I just had a grueling match. There’s no way that I can wrestle you tonight and have a fair shot at your US title. But give me a week. Next week, right here on Smackdown, give me a match and I’ll take that US title and put it around the waist of someone that truly deserves it. The waist of a true American- John Bradshaw Layfield!

Cena: Don’t sing it, bring it!

Cena stares down JBL from the ramp, and a US title match is on for next week!

Booker T w/Theodore Long vs Spike Dudley

Booker attacked Spike at the bell, clubbing him in the corner. Booker whipped Spike hard into the corner and caught him with a leaping side kick. Book slammed Spike to the mat and hit him with a falling knee drop to the face. Booker covered, but only got a two. Booker again whipped Spike hard into the buckle and seemed to be enjoying throwing Spike around like a doll. Booker hit Spike with a neckbreaker and then went up to the top rope. Booker wasted a bit of time playing to the crowd and getting the approval from Long, and when he went for the Houston Hangover, Spike moved out of the way and Book crashed to the mat. Spike got to he feet and hit Booker with a few right hands and whipped him into the corner. Spike followed in and gave Booker some running stomps to his chest, and then hit him with a battering ram to the gut as Booker reached his feet. Spike pounded on his chest and was feeling an upset. Spike hooked Booker and went for the Dudley Dog, but Booker shoved Spike off and Spike landed hard on the mat. Booker then kicked Spike in the gut and hit the Axe Kick for the decisive win. After the match, Booker called for a mic as he and Theodore stood in the ring.

Booker: Did you all see that? Just another sucka that Booker T can put on his list. The entire Smackdown locker room is full of people hating on Booker T and Theodore Long, especially Rob Van Dam. And they hate because they’re jealous and they know that I am the best superstar Smackdown has to offer. I’m better than all of them, including RVD. So brutha, don’t hate the playa, hate the game sucka!

As Booker and Teddy pose in the ring, Rob Van Dam runs down the ramp and slides in the ring. RVD lays a few right hands to Booker and then clotheslines him to the floor. Theodore Long tries to attack RVD from behind, but RVD sees him coming and has Theodore all alone in the ring. Theodore pleads to Rob as RVD looks to the crowd for what he should do. RVD smiles and goes to hit Teddy with a roundhouse kick, but just as he swings Booker pulls Long out of the ring and out of harm’s way. Booker and Long backtrack up the ramp as RVD does his thumb point to the chanting of the crowd.

Eddie Guerrero vs AJ

Raven accompanied AJ to the ring. AJ stood staring at the corner until the bell rang and rushed Eddie, but Eddie sidestepped and flung AJ into the corner and wailed on him with right hands. Eddie whipped AJ into the far buckle and back dropped him to the mat. During the match, Raven stood at ringside, and Eddie taunted him and tried to get him to jump, but Raven stood like a statue. Eddie continued to hammer AJ and whipped him to the corner. Eddie charged, but AJ moved out of the way and Eddie slammed shoulder first into the steel post. AJ took advantage and went right to work on Eddie’s shoulder. AJ pounded on it with rights and whipped Eddie off the ropes and connected with a flying crescent kick. AJ covered, but only got a two. AJ stayed on Eddie, hitting him with a back breaker and a short leg drop. AJ set Eddie up for a neckbreaker, but Eddie slipped out of it and hit AJ with a quick DDT. Eddie covered, but AJ kicked out. Eddie whipped AJ off the ropes and tried a clothesline, but AJ ducked and hit Eddie with a super kick. AJ decided to then go to the top rope. AJ scaled the turnbuckle and attempted a Senton Bomb, but Eddie rolled out of the way and AJ crashed to the mat. Eddie scooped AJ up and hit him with the Three Amigos. Eddie then connected with a brain buster and signaled for the Frog Splash. Eddie went to the top, and after a final taunt to Raven, connected with the splash and scored the win. After the match, Eddie motioned for Raven to get in the ring, but Raven just stared at him. AJ rolled out of the ring and Raven grabbed him behind the neck and pulled him with him back up the ramp, all the while staring at Eddie and not saying a word.

The Undertaker vs Big Show

Taker went right at Show at the bell, striking him with rights and uppercuts. Taker whipped Show into the corner and followed in with a clothesline. Taker then began to choke Show in the corner. Taker went to whip Show into the far corner, but Show reversed it. Show charged the corner, but Taker moved and Show hit shoulder first into the buckle. Taker then grabbed Show in an arm bar and walked the top rope for a little Old School. Taker tried to whip Show off the ropes, but Show reversed it and hit Taker with a sidewalk slam. Show then took control, hammering Taker with rights and a headbutt that sent Taker into the corner. Show gave Taker a few hard slaps to the chest and whipped him off the ropes for a clothesline. Show bounced off the ropes and landed a big leg drop. Show covered, but only got a two. Show then signaled for the chokeslam and as Taker got to his feet Show caught him in a goozle. Taker then grabbed Show around the throat as well. Both men held each other in a choke until Show hit Taker with a knee to the gut and connected with the Final Cut. Show covered, but Undertaker kicked out at two and a half. Show couldn’t believe it, and at this point Kurt Angle came walking down to ringside. Angle told Show to end it, and Show again set Taker up for a chokeslam. Show lifted Taker up, but the Deadman slipped out of his grip and kicked Show in the gut, then ran the ropes and hit a big flying clothesline. Taker then grabbed Show in a goozle and hit an exasperated chokeslam! 1..2..Angle pulls the referee out of the ring and to the floor. With the ref out on the floor, Angle grabbed a steel chair from the outside and slid in the ring. Angle tried to hit Taker, but Taker grabbed the chair in mid swing and took it from Angle. Undertaker stalked Kurt with the weapon, until Show clobbered Taker from behind. Big Show brawled with Taker while Angle grabbed the chair again. Angle swung at Undertaker, but the Phenom saw it coming and pulled Big Show in front of the blow, and Angle cracked the chair over the back of Show’s head. Angle was upset and scurried out of the ring before Taker could get a hold of him. Taker then grabbed Show and hit a second chokeslam. The ref slid into the ring and slowly counted the three for the Undertaker. After the bell, the Undertaker stared down Angle on the outside. Angle tried to beg off, but Taker didn’t look like he was having it. Suddenly, the Big Show nailed Taker in the back with the steel chair. Taker cringed and Show cracked the chair on Taker’s head. The Undertaker went down, and Big Show started to put the boots to him on the mat. Angle slid in the ring and joined in with Taker down. A roar from the crowd then came up, and unbelievably we see Paul Bearer walking down the ramp with his urn! Angle’s eyes grow wide and he cant believe what he is seeing. Bearer walks down to the ring and Show and Angle back off. Bearer stands in the ring and raises the urn as he warns Angle and Show to stay back. The Undertaker then sat up, and when he saw Bearer even he looked a bit puzzled. Bearer then got a somber look on his face and hit Taker in the head with the urn! Angle’s look turned to a smile and he embraced Bearer, though Bearer didn’t really seem to return it. Angle then grabbed both Bearer and Show’s arms and raised them high as they stood over the Undertaker, although Bearer did not look too happy. The show closed with the threesome standing over the fallen Phenom.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 74%

TV Rating= 5.85

Attendance= 10,026

$= 410,040

*Eddie Geurrero lost overness from his segment and was sluggish in his match.

*AJ gained overness from his segement.

*Kurt Angle gained overness from his segment.

*John Cena lost overness in his segment.

*Big Show was sluggish in his match.

E-Mails

"How about booking me in some matches with Randy Orton?"- Edge

"How about booking me against Chris Jericho?"- Shawn Michaels

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 2, 2004

Tajiri defeated Mavenwith the Buzzsaw Kick.

The Big Show was interviewed, talking about how he was going to end his feud with the Undertaker once and for all, and would make an example out of his opponent tonight.

Ultimo Dragon beat Nunzio with the Asai DDT.

An interview with Triple H, taped after Raw, was aired. Trips said Edge would regret ever messing with Evolution.

The Disciples of Syn defeated La Resistance with the End of Days.

Eddie Guerrero was interviewed and continued his brewing feud with Raven.

Big Show beat Orlando Jordan after the Show Stopper.

World Champion Chris Benoit was interviewed. Benoit mentioned that he didnt care who the number one contender was after this Monday, and that he would beat whomever it is because he is the best at his craft, period.

Heidenreich defeated Lance Storm after a Powerbomb.

Raven beat Spike Dudley with the Evenflow DDT.

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week's Raw may shape up to be one of the biggest of the year, as it will be headlined by a huge double main event.

First, the number one contendership will be decided when Chris Jericho takes on Kane. And then, an old rivalry is renewed when "The Game" Triple H goes one on one with Shawn Michaels!

And if that wasn't enough, we will hear from Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton, who was pinned last week by Shelton Benjamin, and World Champion Chris Benoit takes on Jeff Hardy in a non-title match.

All this and more on the next Raw!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 4, 2004

Sean O’Haire w/Bobby Heenan vs Stevie Richards w/Victoria

Raw started off with a one on one match for the first time in a few weeks. Stevie showed no fear in taking on the monstrous O’Haire, going right at him at the bell and nailing him with a few right hands. Stevie pounded O’Haire into the corner and gave him some boots to the gut. Richards went to whip O’Haire into the far corner, but O’Haire reversed in and threw Stevie hard into the buckle. O’Haire picked Stevie up and whipped him into the other corner and followed in with a clothesline. O’Haire put Stevie in the buckle and hit a few kicks to the ribs. O’Haire took Richards out of the corner and hit a back breaker. Heenan on the outside called for O’Haire to end it and Sean lifted Richards up over his head. Richards slipped out of his grasp and hit O’Haire with the Stevie-T! Richards covers, but only gets a two. Richards decides to go to the top rope. Stevie scales the buckle and leaps at O’Haire with a cross body. O’Haire catches Richards from the air and then powers him up into position for the Prophecy Slam and drills him with it. O’Haire covers and gets the three. O’Haire seemed to have come down awkwardly on his hand during his finisher, however.

A Face Off

We go now to the backstage area where Chris Jericho, his ribs taped up from last week’s assault, is walking down a hall. The Big Red Machine Kane then steps out and in front of him. He and Jericho go chest to chest without saying a word. Keeping in mind the “no contact” stipulation GM Steve Austin put on Kane last week, Kane just stares at Jericho and then begins to smile and evilly. Jericho stays stone-faced before Kane backs away. Both men know what’s on the line tonight, and that’s a shot at the World Title.

Kevin Nash vs Billy Gunn

Gunn has not soon forgotten that it was the Outsiders who inured his partner Road Dogg just a week after the Dogg had returned to the WWF. Nash controlled the pace early, wearing Gunn down in the corner with a few back elbows and choking him with his boot. Gunn tried to fight out of the corner, but Nash delivered a hard elbow to Gunn’s back. Nash whipped Gunn into the buckle and came charging in after him with a boot, but Gunn ducked out of the corner and Nash crotched himself in the corner. Gunn took the opportunity and began to hammer on Nash in the corner. Gunn whipped Nash off the ropes and caught him with a back elbow that staggered the big man, and then Gunn hit a swinging neckbreaker. Gunn covered, but only got a two. Nash reversed a whip into the ropes, but Gunn ducked a clothesline and caught Nash with his old One and Only finisher. Gunn covers, but Nash just kicks out at two. Scott Hall then jumped on to the apron, catching the referee’s attention. Hall started to jaw at Gunn, and while he and the ref were distracted, Nash gave Gunn a low blow. Nash then set Billy up and planted him with the Jacknife. The ref turned around and then counted the three. After the bell, Hall slid in the ring and he and Nash began to taunt Gunn. It looked like the Outsiders were planning to do a number on Gunn until a roar came from the crowd and the Road Dogg came running down the ramp! Speak of the devil! Road Dogg slid in the ring and started to brawl with both Nash and Hall, striking them with right hands. Dogg clotheslined Nash out to the floor and then caught Hall with a few jabs, gave a little jig, and floored him with a right. Hall rolled to the outside and Road Dogg checked on Gunn as the Outsiders backed up the ramp staring back at the New Age Outlaws, together again.

Interview with Sex and Violence

We now go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd is standing by with the Tag Team Champions, Val Venis and Test, along with Trish Stratus.

Mark: I’m here with the tag team champions, Sex and Violence, and guys I wanted to ask you about last week when the Disciples of Syn, Bane and Seven, interrupted the celebration that Christian was throwing you last week here on Raw.

Trish: Mark, what those two buffoons did last week was inexcusable. I mean, Christian was just trying to do something nice to commemorate the one month anniversary of Test and Val winning the tag titles, and those two crashed a party they weren’t invited to. And what’s worse is that Christian was so distraught over it that he was distracted all week long and injured himself in a match and now will have to be out of action for a couple of months. But you know what, it’s not a problem. Because I still have Test and Val, and Rhyno, and trust me we will pay those two back for what they’ve done.

Test: You know, we didn’t start all this between us and the Disciples, but we’ll sure as hell finish it.

Val: That’s right, and it starts tonight when I get Seven in the ring one on one. And Seven, haha, I may be the one who puts the “sex” into this group, but tonight you’ll also find out that I can get just a violent as the best of them.

Chris Benoit vs Jeff Hardy w/Lita

This was a non-title match for Benoit, who will no doubt be watching the main event anxiously who see who will be the number one contender. Hardy wasted no time in going after the champ, leaping at him at the bell in the corner. Hardy hot Benoit with a few right hands and then gave him a few chops to the chest to the delight of the crowd. Hardy whipped Benoit into the corner and followed in with a flying clothesline, followed up with a bulldog. Hardy covered, but only got a two. Benoit was obviously taken by surprise, though. Hardy whipped Benoit off the ropes, but Benoit ducked a clothesline and then held to the ropes as Jeff tried a dropkick, and Hardy fell to the mat. Benoit then caught Hardy with a running clothesline. Benoit cornered Hardy and returned the favor from earlier, laying in to Hardy with stiff chops to the chest. Benoit then gave Hardy some boots to the gut, bringing Hardy to his knees in the corner. Benoit pounded Hardy with rights to the head. Benoit pulled Hardy to his feet and snapped him over with a snap suplex. Benoit was now in control and cockily kicked Hardy around. Benoit controlled the tempo with a few slams and arm bars. Benoit whipped Hardy into the corner, but Hardy was able to compose himself and jump up to the middle rope and fly back at Benoit, catching him with a cross body for a two. Hardy stayed on top of the surprised Benoit, using a double leg takedown and dropping both his legs down into Benoit’s gut. Hardy covered, but again only got a two. Hardy whipped Benoit off the ropes and tried a clothesline, but Benoit ducked and grabbed Jeff from behind, planting him with a hard German suplex, crunching Jeff like an accordion. Benoit immediately then clamped on the Crossface, and after a few moments Hardy tapped out to the World Champion. Benoit then headed to the back, awaiting the outcome of tonight’s number one contender’s match.

Orton Calls Out Shelton

The music of the Intercontinental Champion hits the arena and Randy Orton struts out to the ring and asks for a mic. He doesn’t look in too good of a mood.

Orton: You know, I’ve been hearing the whispers all week from all you fans, and even some of the boys in the back. They say “Randy Orton was pinned by Shelton Benjamin last week.” “Benjamin beat the Intercontinental Champion.” Well it’s not that simple. In fact, if it wasn’t for Edge, I would have beaten Shelton. Benjamin, you can put on your act and pretend to be thrilled at the thought of beating me last week, but you know in your heart that you needed help to beat me! You couldn’t do it on you own. You couldn’t get the job down by yourself last week, and you will never be able to beat me straight up one on one. I’m the better wrestler, I’m the better athlete, I’m the “Legend Killer.” Hell, I’m better than you, period! And you are going to have to accept that fact, Shelton. In fact, I’ll prove that last week was a fluke. Shelton Benjamin, get your ass out here and we’ll settle this right now.

The music of Shelton hits and he walks out to the ramp without hesitation. Benjamin motions towards Orton, and then sprints down and slides in the ring. He and Orton go toe to toe, exchanging punches. Orton reverses a whip into the ropes and boots Shelton in the gut. Orton locks Benjamin up for the RKO, but Shelton pushes Orton away and then clotheslines Randy out of the ring! Shelton motions for Orton to bring it on, but Randy decides against it and backtracks up the ramp, mouthing at Benjamin. There will obviously be another time for these two to get it on.

Val Venis w/Trish vs Seven

Val and Seven locked up to start the match, with Venis maneuvering Seven into the corner. The ref was calling for a clean break, but Val got a cheap right hand into the face of Seven. Seven grabbed Val in a fit and flung him into the corner, beating on him with rights and lefts. Seven gave Val a few shoulder blocks to the gut and then gave him a belly to belly suplex to the mat. Seven covered, but only got a two. Seven whipped Val off the ropes, but ducked his head too soon and Val caught him with a kick to the shoulder. Val then powered Seven up and hit a gut-wrench powerbomb. Val decided to end the match early and went up to the top rope. Val taunted the crowd and then flew off for the Money Shot, but Seven got his knees up! Seven continued to work on the tender gut of Val with a gut buster and then caught Val with a DDT for a two. Trish then jumped up to the apron and began to jaw at Seven. Seven waked over to Trish and grabbed her by the hair! It looked like something bad was going to happen to Trish when Val came from behind and splashed Seven chest first into the buckle. Val then rolled Seven up and, using a handful of tights, got the three. Val and Trish headed back up the ramp quickly, met by Test, and they celebrated the win before Seven could extract any revenge.

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels

This was the first of the big double main event. Trips and HBK locked up and exchanged a few arm bars and locks, feeling each other out. Triple H whipped HBK into the ropes, but Michaels ducked a clothesline and caught Trips with a forearm of his own. Michaels maneuvered Triple H into the corner and gave him a few stiff chops to the chest. Michaels tried to whip Trips into the far buckle, but Triple H reversed it and Michaels flew into the corner, the force turning him upside down. Trips put the boots to Michaels in the corner and slammed him to the mat. Triple H bounced off the ropes and drove a knee into the head of HBK. Triple H covered, but only got a two. Triple H controlled the match for a few minutes now. Trips whipped HBK off the ropes and caught him in a sleeper. Michaels fought the move, but eventually slumped to his knees. Triple H called for the ref to check him out. Michaels’ arm was raised and fell once, then twice. On the third time, Shawn kept his arm from falling and started to battle back. HBK reached his feet and elbowed Triple H in the gut to break the hold. Michaels ran the ropes, but Triple H caught him with a knee to the face. Trips covered, but again got only a two. Triple H whipped Michaels off the ropes, but HBK ducked another clothesline and caught Trips with a flying clothesline. HBK nipped up and was getting his second wind. HBK pounded on Triple H with rights and then locked him up for a suplex to the mat. Triple H reversed a whip to the ropes, but as he caught Michaels off the ropes for a move, HBK reversed it into a tornado DDT. Michaels then went up to the top rope. HBK leaped off the buckle and connected with a flying elbow drop. Michaels then started to tune up the band in the corner. Triple H staggered to his feet and Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, but Triple H ducked. Trips booted HBK in the gut and set him up for the Pedigree, but Michaels back dropped Triple H to the mat. Michaels went to pick Triple H up, but Trips wrapped Michaels around the waist and drove him into the corner, sandwiching the ref between the buckle and HBK. Both men were down, along with the ref. From the ramp came Matt Hardy with a chair. What’s he doing down here? Hardy slid in the ring and raised the chair. Both Triple H and Michaels began to stagger to their feet. Matt then swung the chair. Triple H ducked the steel and Hardy clocked Michaels over the head with the weapon! After Matt had hit HBK, Batista came running down to the ring. Batista caught Matt from behind and drilled him with a big spinebuster. Batista deposited Hardy to the floor and then himself slid out of the ring. Triple grabbed the unconscious Michaels and planted him with a Pedigree. The ref slowly made his way over and counted the three, giving “The Game” the win. Triple H and Batista then made their way back up the ramp as HBK lay in the ring and Hardy on the outside. What was going through Matt Hardy’s head, coming to the ring and perhaps costing Michaels the match?

A Spear From Out of Nowhere

As Triple H and Batista made their way back up the ramp, Triple H stood at the top to pose to the crowd. Batista headed back behind the curtain, but we then see him fall backwards back out into view. Edge then walks out behind the curtain with a chair! Triple H is still posing and hasn’t seen any of this. Edge then stands behind Triple H with a smile on his face. Triple H turns around and Edge nails him with a Spear right on the ramp to a big pop from the crowd! Edge looks fired up as the crowd cheers and both Batista and Triple H are laid out as Edge heads back behind the curtain.

Number One Contender Match

Kane vs Chris Jericho

Kane and Jericho met face to face in the middle of the ring. Kane tried to strike first, but Jericho ducked a right hand and laid in to Kane with rights of his own. Jericho pounded Kane into a corner, but Kane grabbed Jericho by the throat and flung him into the corner. Kane hit Jericho with a thrust to the neck and whipped him hard into the far buckle. Kane whipped Jericho off the ropes and caught him with a sidewalk slam for a two count. Jericho was slow to regroup because of his injured ribs, and Kane took advantage, ripping the tape off Jericho’s stomach. Kane delivered a few right hands right to Jericho’s ribs, and then dropped him with a back breaker. Kane controlled the match for a while in this manner, working over Jericho’s ribs. Kane whipped Jericho into the ropes, but Jericho held on and gave Kane an “up yours.” Kane charged, but Jericho ducked and pulled the top rope down, sending Kane to the outside. Kane staggered to his feet, but Jericho leaped to the top rope and splashed down on Kane with a dive to the outside! Jericho was coming back now, slamming Kane’s head into the timekeeper’s table before rolling him back in the ring. Jericho tried a boot to the gut that was caught by Kane, but Jericho gave him an enzeguri to the back of the head. Jericho covered, but only got a two. Jericho went for a right hand, but Kane blocked it and gave Jericho a shot to the throat again. Kane picked Jericho up for a slam, but Jericho slipped out of it and shoved Kane into the buckle, and then followed up with a bulldog out of the corner. Jericho looked to the ropes and went for the Lionsault, but Kane moved out of the way. Jericho landed on his feet and gathered himself. Jericho charged Kane, but was met with a boot to the face. Kane picked Jericho up and set him up for a powerbomb. Jericho tried to fight out of it, but Kane gave him a clubbing blow to the rib area and set him up again. Kane lifted Jericho up and planted him with a powerbomb! Kane covers. 1..2…Jericho gets a foot on the bottom rope. Kane pounds on Jericho on the mat and then decides to go to the top rope. Kane is sizing Jericho up as Jericho wobbles to his feet. Kane jumps high off the top, but Jericho ducks and Kane nails the ref with a flying clothesline! The referee is out. Jericho then catches Kane with a bulldog, and follows it up with the Lionsault! Jericho may have Kane down for a three, but there’s no referee. Jericho goes over to the fallen ref and tries to wake him up. Kane then sits up in the ring and gets to his feet. Jericho turns around and is caught in a goozle from Kane. Chokeslam! Jericho was planted on the mat. With no referee still, Kane rolls to the outside and grabs a steel chair. Kane folds it up and gets back in the ring, waiting for Jericho to stumble back up. A roar comes up from the crowd and Steve Austin is running down the ramp! Stone Cold, who Kane attacked last week! Austin slides in the ring and spins Kane around. A boot to the gut causes Kane to drop the chair. Stunner! Austin stunned Kane! Austin gives Kane the finger, and Jericho is back up. Jericho runs the ropes and hits a second Lionsault. Jericho covers, and Austin grabs the unconscious ref’s arm. 1..2…3! Jericho has done it, bad ribs and all! Chris Jericho is the number one contender! Austin calls for a few beers to be thrown in the ring, and the show comes to an end with Jericho and Austin sharing a cold one to the cheers of the crowd.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 77%

TV Rating= 5.68

Attendance= 10,039

$= 401,560

*Trish gained overness from her interview.

*Triple H gained overness from his segment.

*Edge also gained overness from his segment.

*Triple H was sluggish in his match.

*Chris Benoit was sluggish in his match.

*Sean O'Haire did in fact injure his hand during his match. He will be out one month.

E-Mails

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Chris Jericho

"I would like to work with Undertaker at some point."- Raven

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

On the next edition of Smackdown, the top two championships on the brand will be decided.

The WWF Champion, Eddie Guerrero, will defend the gold against "The French Phenom" Rene Dupree. Plus, US Champion John Cena puts his title on the line against JBL in a match made last week.

In addition, what explanation will Paul Bearer give for joining up with Kurt Angle in his quest to rid the WWF of the Undertaker?

All this, plus cruiserweight tag team action and the troubled Raven will be in action on the next Smackdown!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 7, 2004

Raven vs Orlando Jordan

Smackdown kicked off with the deranged Raven in action. Raven was seated in the corner before the match began, but then pulled himself up and attacked Orlando in the opposite corner at the bell. Raven hammered on Jordan with clubbing blows and whipped him hard into the far buckle. Raven followed in with a clothesline and then brought Jordan out of the corner with a bulldog. Raven whipped Jordan off the ropes, but ducked his head too soon and Jordan kicked him in the shoulder. Jordan then took Raven down with a clothesline. This was about all the offense Orlando could get, though. Jordan whipped Raven off the ropes and tried a dropkick, but Raven held to the ropes and Orlando crashed to the mat. Raven waited for Jordan to get back up and kicked him in the gut before planting him with the Evenflow DDT for the dominant victory.

Surprise!

We then go the backstage area where Hardcore Holly is making his way through the halls with his bag. Holly reaches his locker room and opens the door, only to find Rico and Miss Jackie!

Rico: Surprise Hardcore!

There are “Thank You” banners hanging from the ceiling and Rico throws a handful of confetti up in the air, as does Miss Jackie. Both have big smiles on their faces.

Holly: What’s all this? And how did you get in my locker room?

Rico: This is a celebration Hardcore, and it’s all for you. Think of it as mine and Jackie’s way of thanking you for your help a few weeks ago when Jackie was injured. As you can see, Miss Jackie is back at full health and doing fabulously, and words cant describe the gratitude that I personally feel for you, Hardcore. I will always be in debt to you, Hardcore, and this is just my special way of saying, “I love you!”

Holly gets a disgusted look on his face while Rico stands there with his arms out wide, apparently looking for a hug.

Holly: What the…? Get out of my locker room! Both of ya! (pointing towards the door)

Rico: (after a deep breath) If that’s how you want it. Come Jackie.

Miss Jackie just shrugs her shoulders and follows Rico out of the room after waving goodbye to Hardcore.

Holly: What a freak.

Josh Catches Up With Raven

We now cut to Josh Matthews who is in pursuit of Raven in the backstage area.

Josh: Raven! Raven, can I get a word?

Raven: What do you want?

Josh: Raven, what was with your apparent restraint last week when Eddie Guerrero faced AJ in a match and then basically invited you in the ring afterwards? All you seemed to do was sit back and walk away.

Raven: In case you didn’t notice, Josh, it wasn’t my match last week, it was AJ’s. And though AJ was a bit disappointing to say the least last week, it was not the right time nor the place for me to get involved. There will be such a time soon enough, and Eddie Guerrero cannot stop that inevitable meeting. But if it’s a confrontation that Eddie wants, he’ll get it, but it will be on my terms. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

Chavo Guerrero and Jamie Noble vs Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon

It was announced at the start of this match that Mysterio would get his title shot at Chavo’s cruiserweight title at this month’s Smackdown Pay-Per-View, No Mercy. This match was by far the best of the night. Rey started off this match with Noble. Noble grabbed Rey in an armbar and forced him to the mat, but Rey nipped back up and took Noble down with a trip. Rey ran the ropes and hit Noble with a tilt-a-whirl head scissors takedown. Noble reversed a whip into the ropes, but Ultimo made the blind tag to Rey as he bounced off the ropes. Noble leapfrogged Rey, but was caught with a dropkick from Dragon as he came back down on his feet. Dragon connected with a flurry of kicks to Noble’s sides and legs that backed Noble into a corner. Dragon whipped Noble into the far corner and hit a back handspring elbow. Dragon covered, but only got a two. Dragon whipped Noble off the ropes and gave a leapfrog of his own, but Noble stropped in his tracks after ducking under and then hit Ultimo spinebuster, stopping the momentum he and Rey had built. Noble tagged in Chavo, who went to work on Ultimo with right hands. Chavo whipped Ultimo off the ropes and connected with a tilt a whirl backbreaker. Chavo then locked on the Low Rider and was looking for the submission win. Dragon held on, trying to reach the ropes. Chavo wrenched back, but Rey ran in and hit Chavo with a dropkick right to face, breaking the hold. Chavo held his head while he yelled at Rey, but the distraction allowed Dragon to connect with the Asai DDT! Dragon couldn’t make the cover, though, and both men began to inch towards their corners. Chavo made the tag to Noble, but Dragon tagged in Rey as well. Rey met Noble with right hands and a snap suplex. Rey went out to the apron, leaped to the op rope, and hit Noble with a seated senton bomb to the mat. Rey whipped Noble off the ropes, and Chavo slapped Noble on the back, tagging himself in. Rey didn’t see the tag, however, and gave Noble a drop toe hold to the second rope, signaling the 619. Rey ran the ropes and connected! Rey covered Noble, but the ref tried to tell Rey that Noble was not the legal man. As Rey lay on top of Noble, Chavo crept to the top rope and landed a flying leg drop to the back of Rey’s head. Chavo, the legal man, rolled Rey over and covered him. Chavo put his legs on the ropes for leverage and got the three count on Mysterio. The Cruiserweight champion just got one over on his challenger at No Mercy.

The Undertaker vs Charlie Haas

The Phenom was next in one on one action against Haas. Though Haas is a great technical wrestler, this was far from the mat wrestling he excels at, especially with the mood Undertaker was in after last week. Haas tried to size Taker up and wrapped him from behind around his waist. Haas attempted to lift Taker, possibly for a German suplex, but Taker didn’t budge and nailed Haas with a back elbow. Taker whipped Haas hard into the corner and followed up with a combination of rights and lefts to the head and body. Taker grabbed Haas in an arm bar and went to the top rope for some Old School. Taker covered, but only got a two. Taker picked Haas to his feet and whipped him off the ropes. Taker tried a big boot, but Haas ducked under and caught Taker’s leg with a dragon whip. Haas dropkicked the knee of the Phenom and tried to cut him down. Haas used various leg locks and holds to wear on Taker and took him down with a knee breaker. Haas took Taker to the corner and climbed to the top rope. Taker tried to fight Haas off, but Charlie gave Taker a thumb to the eye and wrapped him up in a victory roll, but only got a two. Haas stayed on the offensive, pounding Taker with right hands. Undertaker reversed an irish whip to the ropes, but Haas was able to throw himself on to the shoulders of the Deadman and attempted another victory roll. This time Taker was having none of it and fell backwards to the mat with Haas on his shoulders. Taker then sat up and it was all Deadman from here. Taker whipped Haas of the ropes and nailed him with a big boot, then followed it up with a whip to the corner and a clothesline in the buckle. As Haas staggered out of the corner, Taker caught him around the neck and hit him with a chokeslam. Taker wasn’t done, though, and signaled for the end. Taker scooped Haas up and planted him with the Tombstone. Taker crossed the arms and registered the three.

A Message for the Undertaker

After Undertaker’s match, his music cut off the Kurt Angle appeared on the video screen. The camera panned out and revealed Big Show standing with Paul Bearer in front of him with his urn.

Angle: Hey Undertaker. Yea, you, Deadman. Tell me Undertaker, how did it feel last week? How did it feel to be the master of mind games, and yet be outsmarted by the Olympic Hero? I told you last week that I had a secret weapon. And that secret weapon was the disdain that your old manager, Paul Bearer, now has for you. You see, I got in contact with Paul a few weeks back and he explained to be the deplorable way you’ve treated him over the years. I mean, you’ve tombstoned him, chokeslammed him, heck, you even threw fire at him once! That’s no way to treat someone who has been by your side for all these years. So I gave Paul the opportunity to take out his frustrations, and he did just that last week when he hit you over the head with your own urn! I must admit, even I was impressed. You hate the Undertaker just as much as I do, don’t you Paul?

Bearer: I never….

Big Show grabs hard on Paul’s shoulders and stops him from speaking for a moment.

Bearer: Yes, I do.

Angle: You see that, Undertaker? Piece by piece I will take everything from you. It starts with Paul Bearer here, but it will go much further than that. As GM of Smackdown, I will not rest until I have rid the WWF of the Deadman! And if you thought last week was a shocker, next week I’ll have an announcement that will be the beginning of your end, Undertaker. Oh it’s true, it’s damn true! See you next week.

The camera fades with Kurt having a big smile on his face, Big Show emotionless, and Bearer looking a bit distraught.

Booker T w/Theodore Long vs Funaki

This was basically a squash match for Booker. Book overpowered Funaki early on, landing hard rights to the face and taking him down with a sidewalk slam. Booker mocked Funaki and kicked him around the mat with a smirk on his face. Booker picked Funaki up, but Funaki landed a few shots to the gut and began to hammer away on Booker. Funaki went to whip Book off the ropes, but Booker reversed it and caught Funaki with a devastating leaping sidekick to the face. Booker wad done fooling around and kicked Funaki in the gut, and then delivered the Axe Kick for the easy three. After the bell, Booker demanded a mic.

Booker: Is this it? Is this all the competition you have for me? You know what Teddy, I’m almost getting tired of whooping up on suckas like this every single week! No one can touch me, dawg. I am the greatest superstar, the greatest athlete, on Smackdown sucka! But you know what? That stuff I said about getting tired of beating up punls like this? Man, forget all that.

Booker drops the mic and attacks Funaki again. Booker sets Funaki up and hits him with the Bookend! Teddy Long calls for another one, but as Booker sets him up Rob Van Dam comes running down the ramp! RVD slides in the ring, and Booker and Theodore try to scurry out of the ring. Booker makes it safely to the floor, but RVD catches Theodore by the legs before he can get out of the ring. Teddy is trying frantically to get away, but RVD pulls him to the middle of the ring. Theodore gets his feet and begs RVD to not hurt him. RVD acts like he is going to back off, but as Teddy relaxes RVD takes him down with a leg sweep. RVD looks to the crowd and then goes up to the top rope. Booker is beside himself on the floor and looks like he is debating whether to try and help Teddy or not. RVD points at Booker and then does his RVD thumb point before coming down and delivering a Five Star Frog Splash to Theodore Long! Booker T cant believe it as RVD motions for Booker to come and get him some before playing to the cheers of the fans.

United States Title Match

John Cena © vs JBL

JBL extended his hand for a handshake in the beginning of the match, and Cena instead gave him a jive handshake that confused JBL. JBL then tried to lay a haymaker to Cena, but Cena ducked and started hitting right hands to JBL. Cena backed JBL into a corner and whipped him into the far buckle. Cena charged in, but JBL moved and Cena went sternum first into the buckle. JBL then caught Cena with a side Russian leg sweep. JBL started to put the boots to Cena and dropped an elbow to his chest. JBL picked Cena up and whipped him off the ropes. Cena ducked a clothesline and caught JBL with one of his own. Cena slammed Bradshaw to the mat and hit the five knuckle shuffle. Cena covered, but only got a two. Cena whipped JBL off the ropes, but ducked his head and JBL kicked him hard in the shoulder, and then connected with a big boot to the face. JBL whipped Cena hard into the corner, and as Cena wobbled back out hit him with a spine buster. JBL covered, but only got a two. JBL looked a bit frustrated at this point. Bradshaw picked Cena to his feet and hit a few right hands. With Cena groggy, JBL bounced off the ropes and attempted the Clothesline From Hell, but Cena ducked it and kicked JBL in the gut. Cena ran the ropes and hit the Throwdback. Cena covered, but only got a two count. Cena then signaled for the FU and waited for JBL to reach his feet. Cena scooped JBL up, but Bradshaw escaped the move and booted Cena in the stomach, then planting Cena with a powerbomb! Both men were down, until JBL rolled over on top of Cena. 1..2…Cena just kicked out! JBL couldn’t believe it. JBL whipped Cena off the ropes and went for a clothesline, but Cena caught his arm and pulled him up into position for the FU! JBL again was able to escape the move, and then dropped to his knees and hit Cena with a low blow right in front of the referee, causing a DQ. Cena lay on the mat in pain. JBL picked Cena to his feet and nailed him with the Clothesline from Hell! JBL may not have won the match, but he has left the US champ down and out.

WWF Title Match

Eddie Guerrero © vs Rene Dupree

Eddie locked up with Rene, with Dupree pushing Eddie into the corner. The ref called for a clean break, but Rene landed a shot to Eddie’s jaw. Dupree moved in with a few chops to Eddie’s chest and whipped him in to the far corner. Dupree worked on Eddie’s midsection with rights and gave him a few boots. Dupree whipped Eddie off the ropes, but Eddie reversed a clothesline into a spinning DDT. Eddie gave a few rights of his own and whipped Dupree of the ropes, catching him with a dropkick. Dupree scooted back into a corner and tried to beg Eddie off. Eddie moved in, but Dupree grabbed his trunks and pulled him into the buckle. Dupree gave a few clubbing blows to Eddie’s back and slammed him to the mat. Dupree gave the crowd a French Tickler dance and dropped a fist to Eddie’s head. Dupree covered but only got a two. Dupree tried to whip Eddie into the corner, but Eddie reversed it and Dupree slammed against the buckle. Dupree wobbled out of the corner and Eddie locked him in for the Three Amigos. After the third suplex, Eddie floated over for a cover, but Dupree kicked out at two. Eddie went to throw Dupree in the corner, but Dupree reversed it into a short arm whip and kneed Eddie in the gut. Dupree set Eddie up for the Dupree Driver, but Eddie slipped out of the move. Eddie then spun Rene around, kicked him in the gut, and hit a brainbuster. Eddie was feeling it now and played to the crowd before scaling the top rope. Eddie perched himself on the buckle and then connected with the Frog Splash! 1..2..3. Eddie retains his title.

The Flock Attacks

As Eddie was celebrating his win in the ring, Raven appeared on the ramp. He caught the eye of Eddie who dropped his WWF title and motioned for Raven to get in the ring. Unlike last week, Raven began to make his way to ringside! Eddie readied himself for Raven when, from out of the crowd appeared AJ and a man we haven’t seen before. The two slid in the ring and attacked Eddie from behind. Both men put the boots to Eddie and hit him with clubbing blows. Raven simply watched on from the floor until finally rolling into the ring. Eddie began to fight back, but AJ and this new long haired man continued to beat him down. Raven then told both of them to pick Eddie up, identifying the long haired man as Crowbar. AJ and Crowbar held Eddie by each arm and held him up for Raven, who said a few words that we couldn’t really hear before snatching Eddie and driving him to the mat with the Evenflow DDT! Raven stood in the ring in his cross pose while AJ and Crowbar stood around him, Eddie Guerrero unconscious on the mat, as the show came to an end.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 78%

TV Rating= 6.04

Attendance= 10,042

$= 401,680

*Raven was sluggish in his match.

*Eddie Guerrero was sluggish in his match.

*AJ gained overness from his segment.

*The cruiswerweight tag match go a 100 match quality rating.

*The Hurricane will be out 1 month with a hand injury.

E-Mails

R"I think I should be higher up the card."- Rey Mysterio

"I'd like some matches with Kevin Nash. I think we could do some entertaining stuff."- Ric Flair

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 10, 2004

The Thrillseekers beat Kyo Dai after Paul London hit the London Calling on Sakoda.

Pre-recorded comments from Raven were aired, aimed at Eddie Guerrero.

A pre-recorded reply to Raven was aired from Eddie.

Batista beat Rosey with a spinebuster.

An interview was aired with Chris Benoit, getting his thoughts on Chris Jericho becoming the number one contender.

Mark Jindrak w/Sable defeated Spike Dudley with the MJ Delight.

Big Show w/Paul Bearer squashed Funaki with a chokeslam. This was obviously Kurt Angle's booking.

Comments from Triple H were aired, telling Edge he would pay him back for this past Monday's spear.

Heidenreich beat Sylvain Grenier with a powerbomb. After the match, Rob Conway cracked a French flag over the back of Heidenreich.

Edge defeated Rhyno w/Trish with the Spear in a very good main event.

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week's Raw is shaping up to be possibly one of the biggest of the year!

In the main event, World Champion Chris Benoit will defend his title against Edge!

Plus, the Intercontinental Title will also be up for grabs when the "Legend Killer" Randy Orton defends against Jeff Hardy.

In addition to these two big matches, we will hear from the new number one contender Chris Jericho, as well as the man he beat for that honor last week, Kane.

All this and much more on the next Raw!

Edited by Prototype

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 11, 2004

Raw kicks off with the Y2J countdown and Chris Jericho, the number one contender, makes his way to the ring to a nice ovation.

Jericho: First off, I wanna give a shout out to all the Jerichoholics out there! And my goodness, what a night we had last week, huh? What a feeling it was when Y2J pinned the Big Red Retard and became the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship! And you know, last week’s victory called to remembrance for me the last time I held the World Title. Lest everyone forget, I was the first ever Undisputed World Champion of this company. And it has been far too long since I got my fair due and my fair shot at regaining the World Title. So having said that, and since I am the number one contender, I want my title shot right here tonight in Louisville, Kentucky!

As the crowd cheers that suggestion, the music of Chris Benoit hits the arena and Chris Benoit makes his way out on to the ramp, the title draped over his shoulder.

Benoit: First of all, let me add my congratulations to the many on you becoming the number one contender last week. Well done, Chris, well done. And you know as much as I do that, with the path our careers have taken, I would be happy to see you get a shot at the World Title, if it wasn’t for the current situation. You see Jericho, your timing is just all wrong. The problem with your situation is that I am the World Champion. If it were anyone else, Id give you decent odds at winning the title, but I’m not just anyone. I am the greatest technical wrestler in the WWF. And you and I both know, Jericho, that your record against me has been less than stellar. In fact, one on one, you’ve only beaten me once, and that was more than three years ago! And in that three years, as you can see, I’ve gone on to bigger and better things, while you….well….not so much.

Jericho: You know what Benoit, you’re right. I have only beaten you once since we’ve been in the WWF, I cant deny that. But when I did beat you, I beat you for your Intercontinental Championship. So it seems to me that I have a knack for taking titles off your waist!

Benoit: We’ll see about that, Jericho. But as far as tonight is concerned, I’m a fighting champion and I already have a title defense tonight. So if you had any delusions of getting a title shot here tonight, I’m here to tell ya it’s not going to happen.

Austin Settles The Matter

At this point the glass shatters and out walks GM Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin stands across from Benoit on the ramp.

Austin: I heard all this talk of giving out title matches and I thought, being the GM, it doesn’t really matter what you two think because I make the decisions around here. I think the superstars on Raw need to be reminded of just who the hell I am. I am Stone Cold Steve Austin, the toughest SOB ever to step foot in that ring! I am the GM of Raw and if you don’t respect me, I’ll stomp a mud hole in ya and walk it dry. Case in point, I opened up a can of whoop ass on Kane last week because he wanted to attack Stone Cold…eh eh! You’re writing checks your ass cant check, boy! Now as far as you two are concerned, Chris Jericho is the number one contender and will get a title shot. But Benoit does have a title match already scheduled tonight. So what I’ve done is two things. One, since he seems so eager for a fight, I’ve booked Chris Jericho in a match tonight. And secondly, in two weeks right here on Raw, Chris Jericho will get his title shot. It’ll be, in two weeks, Chris Benoit versus Chris Jericho, for the World Heavyweight Championship! And that’s the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!

Bane vs Test w/Trish Stratus

After Val Venis defeated Seven last week, with the help or Trish, it was Bane’s turn to try and reap some revenge for the Disciples of Syn. Test attacked Bane at the bell in the corner, clobbering him with blows to the back and a right to the face. Test delivered a few shoulders to the gut of Bane and whipped him into the far corner. Test tried to whip Bane off the ropes, but Bane reversed it and back dropped Test to the mat. Bane connected with some right hands and threw Test off the ropes. Test ducked a clothesline and connected with a spine buster. Test covered, but Bane kicked out at two. Test looked to end the match, sizing Bane up for the Big Boot. Bane got to his feet and Test charged, but Bane ducked the boot and then caught Test with his own bicycle kick to the face! Bane covered, but Test kicked out at the last moment. This prompted Trish to get up on the apron. Trish yelled at Bane, which caught his attention. Bane turned towards Trish and as he did Test charged in from behind. But Bane had learned from last week and moved out of the way. Test almost collided with Trish, but stopped himself short. However, this gave Bane the opportunity to lock Test from behind and hit him with a big full-nelson slam. Bane covered and scored the pin in what has to be considered an upset! Bane walked back up the ramp, giving a “one to one” gesture while Trish checked on Test sitting in the ring.

Triple H Has Words for Edge

We then go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd is standing by with “The Game”.

Mark: Triple H, last week here on Raw, after scoring a big win against your archrival Shawn Michaels, you and Evolution mate Batista were both taken out on the ramp by the man known as Edge.

Triple H: First off, I’ve beaten Shawn Michaels so many times that I would hardly call last week a “big win.” I’m an eight-time World Champion. There aren’t any “big wins” left for me to have. I’ve beaten them all. Now as far as Edge is concerned, he first cost Randy Orton his match two weeks ago and then we all saw last week that it took a sneak attack, with a chair no less, to take down The Game. Edge, you wanna run with the big boys? You think you can make a name for yourself, you think you can stake your spot, off of me? Well just take a look at the long list of superstars who thought the same thing as you and failed. Austin, Rock, Kane, Goldberg, Booker T, they all played the Game and they all lost. So the lesson to be learned here, Edge, is that if you value your career, stay out of my and Evolution’s business, or you will greatly regret it.

Mark: Strong words from Tri…..(Triple H comes back into the picture and grabs the mic)

Triple H: (with a smirk) And oh yea, Edge, good luck in your World Title Match tonight.

Michaels Wants Answers

The music of Shawn Michaels hits the arena and HBK struts out to the ring to a nice pop. Michaels gets in the ring and asks for mic.

Michaels: I was sitting in the back listening to Triple H’s interview there, and there’s just something that has bothered me about our match last week ever since the bell rang and Triple H was declared the winner. Now there obviously is no love lost between Triple H and myself, but last week someone else decided to get in the middle of all this at that someone is Matt Hardy. Now Matt, we’ve both been having run-ins here and there the past couple of weeks with Evolution, and we just seem to keep running in to each other. And last week, your run-in cost me my match! So what I wanna know is why that keeps happening. So Matt, what Id like for you to do is get out here and explain yourself before I come a beat an explanation out of ya!

Matt Hardy’s music hits and out walks Version 1 to the top of the ramp.

Matt: Shawn, first off let me apologize for last week. That chair shot was meant for Triple H, not you. And yes, it’s true that we both have been having our problems with Evolution the past few weeks. When you and Batista first had your problems, I tried to help you out because I have idolized you ever since I got in this business. Early on in my career, I modeled myself after you, and I watched you go from tagging in the Rockers to going out on your own and winning the Intercontinental Title, and then later becoming the WWF Champion and headlining WrestleManias. In fact, you became arguably the greatest WWF superstar ever! And that’s what I want to do, too. I want you to take me under your wing. That’s why Ive been trying to help you out lately. I wanted you to see the potential I have. You and me aren’t that much different, Shawn. You started off as a tag wrestler, so did I. And it took you separating from your tag team to really take off up the ladder in the WWF, and that’s what I’ve done as well. I dropped by brother Jeff like a bad habit and am moving on to bigger and better things. You were a singles champion, and I have been too. But Im looking to take that next step, that step into the upper echelon of the WWF ranks. And Shawn Michaels, Im asking you to help me do just that.

Michaels ponders Hardy’s comments for a moment before speaking into the mic.

Michaels: You want me to help you? The same guy who cracked a chair over my head last week?

Matt: I told you that was an accident. Shawn, I need this. Just think about it. The Kliq and the Mattitude Followers together as one! No one will be able to stop us!

Michaels: I’ll tell you what, Matt. I wasnt born yesterday, and I’m not really sold on this, but if I’m going to mentor anybody they have to prove themselves first. So Im going to give you just that opportunity, because earlier today I had a meeting with Steve Austin and he informed me of an eight man tag match main event that he has set up for next week right here on Raw. It’s going to be Evolution against myself, Edge, Shelton Benjamin, and a partner of our choosing. And that partner will be…..you, Matt! So step up to the plate next week and we’ll go from there. And Matt, mark my words, if you try to cross me, I'll dim your lights so fast you wont even have time to regret it!

Matt: Shawn, you have my word. You wont regret this.

Heidenreich vs Rob Conway

This match came about after this past weekend when Heidenreich beat Sylvan Grenier on Velocity and Conway attacked Heidenreich with a flag pole. Conway tried to get an early advantage by attacking Heidnenreich before the bell as Grenier was distracting him from the outside. Conway pounded on Heidenreich in the corner and gave him a few shots to the gut. Conway whipped Heidenreich into the corner. Heidenreich hit the buckle and immediately charged back out of it and flattened Conway with a clothesline. Heidenreich gave Conway a few right hands and whipped him off the ropes, connecting with a big boot. Heidenreich set Conway up for a powerbomb, but Grenier jumped up on the apron, getting the referee’s attention. With the ref distracted, Conway gave Heidenreich a low blow. Heidenreich hunched over in pain. Conway charged at Heidenreich, but Heidenreich moved out of the way and threw Conway into Greneier, who was still on the apron. Grenier fell to the floor and Heidenreich kicked Conway in the gut. Heidenreich set Conway up and planted him with the Powerbomb for the win. After the match, Grenier slid in the ring and tried to attack Heidenreich, but Heidenreich saw it coming and threw Sylvan over the top rope and to the floor on the opposite side of the ring. La Resistance regrouped on the ramp as Heidenreich stood in the ring.

Kane Puts Stone Cold on Notice

We then cut to a dark area in the arena where we see Kane sitting in a chair, staring at the ground and obviously not in a good mood.

Kane: Last week was supposed to be my time. I was supposed to get a shot at the World Title. I had Chris Jericho by the throat, there was no way he was going to beat me. I was going to become World Champion. But Stone Cold Steve Austin took that away from me! He stole what was rightfully mine! He had no business in my match. And Im sure Austin thinks that, with his position of power, that he is free of responsibility and consequences. But that is where he is mistaken. A wrong must be righted. And it will be the Raw superstars, the ones Austin is in charge of overseeing, who will pay the price. And they will pay over, and over, and over again until something is done! Until the right thing is done. Until either Steve Austin gives me my title shot, or he is lying in a heap of broken bones! Either way…..(begins to laugh evilly)…..is fine with me.

Chris Jericho vs Lance Storm

This was a good match between these former tag partners. Storm and Jericho locked up in the middle of the ring and exchanged some chain wrestling maneuvers, which drew a cheer of appreciation from the crowd. The two men squared off again, this time Storm pushing Jericho into the corner. Jericho was looking for a clean break, but Storm tried to get a cheap shot in. Jericho ducked the blow and put Storm in the corner. Jericho blasted Lance with a few chops to the chest and whipped him off the ropes before catching him with a flying spin kick. Jericho again whipped Storm off the ropes and hit a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Jericho covered, but only got a two. Jericho whipped Lance into the corner again and charged in, but Storm moved out of the way and Jericho crashed shoulder first into the steel post. Storm wrapped Jericho up in a roll up, but got only a two. Storm then went to work on Jericho’s shoulder. Lance clubbed away at Jericho and hit him with a suplex. Storm went to the middle rope and connected with an elbow drop to Jericho’s chest. Storm covered, but got another two. Storm whipped Jericho off the ropes, but Jericho ducked a clothesline and hit Storm with the Breakdown. Jericho ran off the ropes and went for the Lionsault, but Lance moved. Jericho landed on his feet and charged Storm with a clothesline, but Storm ducked a caught Jericho with a super kick! Storm then grabbed Jericho’s leg and locked him in the Maple Leaf! What a win this would be for Storm. Lance wrenched back, looking for Jericho to tap. Jericho would not give, but couldn’t reach the ropes. Then, in an amazing reversal, Jericho reached back and grabbed Storm’s leg, tripping him to the mat. Jericho then grabbed the other leg, got to his feet, and just like that had Strom in the Walls of Jericho! Storm tried to get the ropes, but to no avail and was forced to tap out. After the match, as Jericho played to the crowd, Chris Benoit ran down the ramp with a chair. Benoit slid in the ring and whacked Jericho in the back with the chair. Jericho fell to his knees and Benoit smacked the chair over the back of Jericho’s head! Jericho slumped over, unconscious, as Benoit stood over him with a sick smile on his face.

Intercontinental Title Match

Randy Orton © vs Jeff Hardy w/Lita

Hardy seemed to catch Orton off guard early, using his quickness to lay in to Orton with right hands and dropkicking Orton into the corner. Hardy whipped Orton into the corner and connected with a flying clothesline. Hardy went for an early cover, but only got a two. Hardy whipped Orton off the ropes, but ducked his head and Orton planted him with a DDT. Orton gained control of the match from here, grinding Hardy down with headlocks and hitting a vertical suplex. Orton began to play to the crowd a bit, and as he reached down to pick Hardy to his feet, Jeff rolled him up in a small package for a two. Orton clotheslined Hardy back to the mat and then hit his twisted back breaker. Orton again played to the crowd when Shelton Benjamin came sauntering to the ring. Orton caught a glimpse of Shelton, which let Hardy get back to his feet and try to take Orton down, but Randy reverses his grapple into an RKO! Orton covered, but at two Benjamin pulled him out of the ring! Orton confronted Benjamin and tried to get a sucker punch in, but Shelton blocked it and gave Randy a right of his own. Shelton threw Orton back into the ring. Randy turned his back to argue with Shelton, allowing Jeff to sneak up behind him and connect with a Twist of Fate! Hardy signaled that he was going up top and went for the Senton Bomb, but Orton moved out of the way and Jeff crashed to the mat. Shelton then got up on the apron, jawing at Orton. Randy came over to confront Benjamin again, and with his back turned Hardy tried to take advantage again. But this time Orton saw it coming and threw a charging Hardy into Benjamin, knocking Shelton off the apron. Orton then caught Jeff with another RKO and pinned him for the three. Orton walked back up the ramp with his IC title while Shelton stared him down from ringside.

World Heavyweight Title Match

Chris Benoit © vs Edge

A great opportunity for Edge in this one. Edge came out hot early, blocking an initial attack from Benoit and hitting him with rights. Edge backed Benoit into a corner and whipped him hard into the far buckle and giving him a back body drop as Benoit stumbled out. Edge connected with a suplex and went for a cover, but got a two. Benoit reversed a whip into the ropes and caught Edge with a forearm to the face, taking control. Benoit shoved Edge into the corner and blasted him with chops to the chest. Benoit then snap suplexed Edge out of the corner and landed an elbow drop to Edge’s head. Benoit wore on Edge with submission moves, keeping him grounded. Edge reversed a whip into the ropes and tried a clothesline, but Benoit ducked it and caught Edge with a German Suplex. Benoit covered, but only got a two. Benoit put the boots to Edge and dropped him with a brainbuster. Benoit signaled for the end and went up to the top rope. Benoit was looking for a diving headbutt, but Edge rolled out of the way and Benoit’s head smashed on the mat. This was Edge’s opportunity. Edge connected with a few right hands and sent Benoit off the ropes for a clothesline. Benoit reversed a whip and went for a clothesline of his own, but Edge ducked it and caught Benoit as he turned around with the Downward Spiral! Edge covers, but Benoit kicks out. Edge thought he had him. Edge picked Benoit to his feet and scooped him up for a slam, but Benoit slipped out the back and wrapped Edge up from behind, looking for another German. However, Edge blocked it and gave Benoit a back elbow to the head to escape. With Benoit dazed, Edge whipped Benoit chest first into the buckle. Benoit hit hard and as he wobbled out of the corner clutching his chest Edge connected out of nowhere with the Spear! 1..2…Benoit got a foot on the bottom rope. Just barely! Edge cant believe it. Edge tries to whip Benoit into the ropes, but Benoit reverses it into a short whip with a knee to the gut. Benoit then whips Edge off the ropes and ducks his head for a backdrop. Edge telegraphs it and locks Benoit’s head up for the Edgecution! Here it comes…..wait, Benoit somehow slips out of the front face lock and slaps on the Crossface! Benoit has Edge in the Crippler Crossface! Edge tries to make it to the ropes, but he’s in the middle of the ring and Benoit cinches back even harder. After a few more moments, Edge has no choice but to tap out. Benoit retains the title. Benoit finally releases the hold and rolls to the outside, collecting his belt. Benoit backs up the ramp, holding the gold up high. It has been a satisfying night for Benoit as he not only took out Jericho but now has defeated Edge.

It’s All About the Game

Edge remains in the ring, getting to his feet and holding his shoulder after being in the Crossface. The crowd gives him a good ovation for his efforts when from out of the crowd comes Triple H! Triple H, suit and all, slides in the ring and takes out Edge from behind. Triple H takes off his coat and puts the boots to Edge, who has just been through a hellacious match. Triple H goes to the outside and flings ring crew out of the way and grabs the ring bell. Triple H gets back in the ring and waits for Edge to reach his feet. Triple H charges in and runs over Edge with the ring bell! Edge is busted open badly! Triple H throws the bell to the mat and picks up the lifeless Edge. Triple H sets him up and drives him to the mat with the Pedigree! Edge is lying face down, a pool of blood forming around his head, as Triple H stands over his body with a finger pointed at him as he talks trash. Triple H can be heard saying “This is what happens to people when you mess with the Game.” Triple H poses over the bloodied Edge to a chorus of boos as Raw comes to a close.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 79%

TV Rating= 6.11

Attendance= 10,017

$= 400,680

*Chris Benoit gained overness from his segment and match.

*Bane gained overness from his match.

*Edge lose overness from his match.

E-Mails

"Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy didnt really click in their match"- Road Agent

"Me and Jeff dont really have much chemistry. How about booking me against Edge? I think our styles would work well together."- Randy Orton

"I think I might be too high up the card. The fans seem to be resenting me."- Chris Benoit

"You overused Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho at the show."- Road Agent

Injuries, Problems, and Rehab

*Matt Morgan injured his hand, but will be out only a month.

*Scott Hall blasted the promotion during a radio interview. Officials did not take disciplinary action against Hall, but they will be watching his future behavior.

*Tajiri has admitted to officials that he has an alcohol problem. He has been sent to rehab and we hope to see him back the WWF soon.

*Doug Basham has admitted a drug problem. He also has been sent to rehab for what will hopefully be a full recovery.

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

On the final Smackdown before this Sunday's No Mercy, one of the biggest tag team matches in recent memory will take place.

In the main event, it will be WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero teaming with The Undertaker to take on Raven and the Big Show!

Plus, we have heard that GM Kurt Angle has a major announcement concerning No Mercy.

In addition, in another tag match, Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam will go up against Booker T and Chavo Guerrero.

All this and much more on the next Smackdown!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 14, 2004

The theme of Kurt Angle blares into the arena as Smackdown kicks off. Kurt makes his way to the ring, alone for a change, and grabs a mic.

Angle: Ladies and gentlemen, if I could have your attention please. (crowd boos) Your attention, please. (crowd continues to boo) Shut up! Now last week, I told the Undertaker that I had one more surprise for him. And Undertaker, I know these past few weeks I’ve been making your life a living hell. And I know that Hell may be a place your familiar with, but you haven’t experienced anything yet. Because tonight I’m here to announce a match for this Sunday’s No Mercy. This Sunday night it will be The Undertaker one on one with the Big Show. But this wont be just any match. No, it will be a match that the Undertaker is quite familiar with. You could even say he specializes in it. But at No Mercy, it will be his undoing, courtesy of your Olympic Hero. At No Mercy, it will be The Undertaker versus the Big Show….in a HELL IN A CELL MATCH! Oh it’s true, its’ true.

Hardcore Holly vs Johnny Stamboli w/Nunzio

This was two no nonsense guys going at it here. A lot of brawling. Holly had the advantage early, giving Stamboli a few chops in the corner and whipping him off the ropes for a dropkick that got him a two. Holly whipped Stamboli into the corner and lined up at the far corner, looking to run in for a splash. But as Hardcore tried to take off, Nunzio grabbed Holly’s leg and tripped him up. Holly turned to jaw with Nunzio, which allowed The Bull to charge in a avalanche Holly in the corner. Stamboli laid into Holly with rights and whipped him off the ropes for a powerslam that got a two count. Stamboli draped Holly’s neck over the middle and backed away, distracting the referee. This allowed Nunzio to race over and choke Holly on the rope behind the ref’s back. Suddenly, down the ramp came Rico! Rico raced around ringside and snuck up behind Nunzio. Rico gave Nunzio a slap on the butt, and as Nunzio turned around caught him in the face with a super kick. Stamboli turned his back, distracted by Rico’s appearance, which gave Holly the opportunity to regroup and then hit Stamboli with the Alabama Slam for the win. After the match, the FBI walked up the ramp bad mouthing both men while Holly just looked at Rico with a bewildered look on his face.

Interview with Booker T

We then go to the interview area where Josh Matthews is standing by with Booker T and Theodore Long. Long is wearing a neck brace after last week’s Frog Splash from RVD.

Josh: Im here with Booker T and Teddy Long, and Mr. Long I have to say you don’t look so good after last week.

Booker T: (grabbing the mic) What did you think he would look like, sucka? After last week, when RVD attacked Theodore Long and gave him a Five Star Frog Splash? What kind if a punk attacks a defenseless manager? Teddy aint no wrestler. But that’s the kinda guy RVD is. He knows he cant go toe to toe with Booker T, so he goes after my man Theodore instead. But ya know what, RVD has his coming. Not only am I gonna get my hands on him tonight in a tag match, but after last week Teddy went straight to Kurt Angle and demanded a match between myself and RVD, one on one, at No Mercy. And at No Mercy, sucka, that’s exactly what Im gonna have on RVD’s punk ass. He’ll learn never to put his hands on Teddy Long again.

Teddy: B’le dat! (grabs his neck) Ooh, my neck, playa.

Booker: Let’s go man. (looks at Josh) Sucka!

JBL vs Orlando Jordan

After getting himsels disqualified last week in his US Title match last week, JBL was back in action. This match was short and not a lot of offense from Jordan. JBL seemed in an especially foul mood and took it out on Orlando. JBL overpowered Orlando most of the match, but Jordan was able to escape a powerbomb attempt by Bradshaw by sliding down his back and rolling him up for a two. Jordan tried to capitalize on the near fall with jabs to JBL and hit JBL with a tornado DDT off the middle rope. Jordan covered, but JBL kicked out at two. Orlando whipped JBL off the ropes and tried a spinning kick, but JBL ducked the kick and came back off the ropes with the Clothesline from Hell just like that! JBL wasn’t done, though, and planted Jordan with a powerbomb before pinning him for the three.

The Tables Turn

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty make their way out to the ring for their tag match. Rikishi and Scotty will meet the Dudley Boyz in a rematch for the tag team title at No Mercy. As Rikishi and Scotty wait for their opponents, Bubba and D-Von appear through the crowd and attack both men from behind! The Dudleys beat on Rikishi and Scotty with clubbing blows, and Bubba takes Scotty out with a Bubba Bomb. Bubba then slaps D-Von on the chest and tells him to “get the tables.” D-Von goes to the outside and brings out a table from under the ring. The Dudleys set the table up in the ring and both look to set Rikishi up for a ride through the wood. Rikishi gets to his feet and begins to fight back. Rikishi switches off giving rights to both Bubba and D-Von. Scotty then gets back in the fray and clotheslines Bubba to the outside while Rikishi takes down D-Von with a side kick. Rikishi and Scotty see the table in the ring, and you could see what was happening next. Scotty picked D-Von to his feet and whipped him off the ropes towards Rikishi, who scoops D-Von up and puts him through the table with a Samoan Drop! Rikishi and Scotty stand tall after beating the Dudleys at their own game.

Cena Wants JBL

We then cut to the backstage area where John Cena is standing by with Josh Matthews.

Josh: John Cena, you asked for some interview time, so whats on your mind?

Cena: What’s on my mind is JBL. Now last week, I know I beat JBL, but it was by disqualification. That aint how I roll. The champ takes people on man to man, face to face, and beats them in the ring one, two, three. See for weeks all I heard from ol’ Bradshaw was how much he wanted to be US Champion and represent America. Well cant no one represent the way John Cena can! And hitting somebody right in the jewels aint so politically correct, either. But damn that! Right here tonight, John Cena and his chain gang are in fukll effect, I want JBL in the ring!

Josh: As much as I would like to see that match tonight, Cena, I have to inform you that JBL has already left the arena tonight.

Cena: Oh, for real? Then I tell you what, son. This Sunday, at No Mercy, I’m offering a challenge to JBL to meet me one on one. I’ll even put the US Title on the line. That’s how we do. So JBL, step on up top the plate. And if the bling from this title makes it hard for you to see, get used to it, because at No Mercy, you cant…see….me!

Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio vs Booker T w/Theodore Long and Chavo Guerrero

These four men will meet each other in singles matches this Sunday at No Mercy. Rey started it out with Booker. Book tried to attack Rey at the bell, but Rey outquicked him and went right at him with rights to the head. Rey ran the ropes and it looked like Booker had the advantage, but Rey took Book down with a head scissors. Rey caught Booker with a hip toss that sent Booker into his corner and Booker, looking a bit bewildered at how Rey handled him, tagged in Chavo. Chavo and Rey met in the ring and both men began to trash talk. Chavo shoved Rey in the chest, which Rey responded to with one of his own. Chavo tried a right hand, but Rey ducked it and dropkicked Chavo into the corner. Rey covered Chavo in the buckle and whipped him into the far corner. Rey charged in, but Chavo caught Rey and threw him high into the air, and Rey landed sternum first onto the top turnbuckle. Chavo beat on Rey with right hands and brought him out of the corner with a suplex. Chavo whipped Rey off the ropes and hit a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for a two. Chavo stayed on the offensive and dropped Rey with a brainbuster. Chavo signaled that he was going up top and scaled the turnbuckle. Chavo went for a frog splash, but Rey moved out of the way and Chavo crashed to the mat! Rey got to his feet and quickly jumped to the middle rope, catching Chavo with a tornado DDT. Both men were down. Chavo and Rey crawled towards their respective corners. Chavo tagged in Booker first, but Rey was also able to tag in RVD! Van Dam came right at Booker, rocking him with forearms to the head. Rob backed Booker into a corner, delivering two shoulder blocks, doing a backflip, and delivering a third. RVD tried a kickm but Booker ducked it and got RVD in position for the Book End. RVD gave Booker a back elbow to the side of the head to break free and then took him to the mat with a leg sweep before dropping a leg drop. RVD signaled for the 5 Star, but Teddy Long, neck brace and all, jumped to the apron. This caught RVD’s attention and he acted like he was going to hit Teddy, but Teddy told him to back off because of his neck. RVD shrugged and said OK, when from the floor Rey grabbed Theodore by the legs and yanked him off the apron! Booker tried to attack RVD from behind, but RVD saw it coming and gave Booker a drop toe hold, dropping Booker onto the middle rope. Rey saw the opportunity and quickly raced in the ring and gave Booker the 619! Booker flopped back on the mat, and Van Dam, already perched on the top turnbuckle by this time, nailed the 5 Star Frog Splash for the win! Van Dam picks up a nice win over Booker T before their one on one match at No Mercy. Booker and Chavo headed back up the ramp, Booker helping Teddy along, as RVD and Rey celebrated in the ring.

Words From the WWF Champion

We now go to the interview area once again where Josh is standing by with Eddie Guerrero.

Josh: I’m here with the WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero, who will defend his WWF title against the man known as Raven this Sunday at No Mercy. Now Eddie, last week you were the recipient of a three on one beating at the hands of Raven, AJ, and new stable mate Crowbar. But tonight, you get a chance to get some revenge before No Mercy when you team up with the Undertaker here tonight to take on Raven and the Big Show.

Eddie: You know esse, everything you just said is true, vato, but this thing between me and Raven has become much deeper than that. It’s more than just a title defense, it’s more than gamesmanship, it’s personal homes. Raven has seen fit to walk in here in his first month in try and take away something I have worked long and hard for! Now if it seems like Latino Heat isn’t in the same kind of good mood youre used to seeing me in, it’s because I’m not. Raven is whole different type of vato, and quite frankly if Raven wants to try and take me to his dark place, I can do that homes! I’ve been there before! Now as far as tonight goes, it might be a tag match, and who better to team with than the Phenom, homes, but at No Mercy it will be me and Raven one on one, face to face, man to man. And the name of this pay per view is fitting, vato, because at No Mercy, that’s exactly what I will have on Raven! O le lai!

Parking Lot Attack

We cut to the arena parking lot where John Cena is loading his bags into the trunk of his car. Suddenly from behind we see someone attack Cena with a blow to the back of the head. The attacker starts to beat on Cena with right hands and it’s shown to be JBL! JBL puts the boots to Cena before he picks him to his feet and rams his head into the trunk of the car. Cena begins to fight back with rights of his own, but JBL boots him in the gut and hits him with a Clothesline From Hell that sends Cena to the pavement. JBL isn’t done, however. JBL picks Cena to his feet and powerbombs him onto the hood of the car! The car alarm begins to sound as Cena slowly slides off the hood and to the ground. JBL smirks and then spits on the defenseless Cena, telling him “See you at No Mercy, Cena” before walking off.

Eddie Guerrero and The Undertaker vs Raven and Big Show

Eddie started this one out with Big Show. Eddie tried to go right at Show, but the giant was too powerful and shoved Eddie into a corner. Big Show tried to land a right, but Eddie ducked and got a few shots of his own in. Eddie tried to whip Show into the corner, but Show reversed it and sent Eddie into the buckle. Big Show followed up with a few hugs slaps to the chest and whipped Eddie off the ropes for a sidewalk slam. Show picked Eddie to his feet and drug him to his corner, where he tagged in Raven. Raven grabbed Eddie, but as soon as he did Eddie lit back up and tore in to Raven with rights and lefts. Eddie whipped Raven off the ropes and nailed him with a dropkick. Eddie planted Raven with a suplex and then followed up quickly with a senton bomb from the apron. Eddie grabbed Raven and then got an idea, lookeingto the Undertaker. Eddie got a smile on his face as the crowd cheered him on, and Latino Heat tagged in the Phenom. The Undertaker nailed Raven with a few right hands before covering him up in a corner. Taker locked Raven in an arm bar and went for some Old School, crashing down on Raven’s shoulder. Taker covered, but only got a two. Taker whipped Raven into a corner and charged in, but Raven moved out of the way and Taker went sternum first into the buckle, to which Raven followed up with a bulldog. Raven took the opportunity to tag in Big Show, who clubbed Taker in the back. Show whipped Taker into a corner and followed in with a splash before then scooping Taker up and slamming him to the mat. Show dropped a big elbow to Taker’s chest and covered, but only got a two. Big Show whipped Taker off the ropes, but Taker ducked a big boot and came back off with a huge flying clothesline. With both men on the mat, Undertaker sat up and got to his feet. Taker laid into Show with rights, whipping him off the ropes and connecting with a boot of his own. Taker began to size Show up for a chokeslam when Kurt Angle appeared on the ramp with Paul Bearer. Taker caught sight of this and decided to leave the ring. Taker began to stalk Angle and Bearer up the ramp when Show attacked him from behind. Show and Taker began to grapple up the ramp and soon both men brawled to the back as Angle and Bearer got out of harms way. In the ring, Raven took the opportunity to attack Eddie from behind and bring him into the ring. Raven beat away on Eddie and planted him with a piledriver. Raven covered, but Eddie kicked out at two. Raven whipped Eddie into the corner and tried to follow up with a clothesline, but Eddie ducked and caught Raven with a falling neckbreaker. Eddie scooped Raven up and hit the Three Amigos! Eddie was feeling it now and looked to be going to end the match when AJ ran down the ramp and jumped up on the apron. Eddie and the referee began to argue with AJ, and with their attention diverted AJ tossed a pair of brass knucks to Raven! Raven put the knucks on as AJ got down off the apron. Eddie turned around and Raven took his shot, but Eddie ducked the right hand and hooked Raven for a brainbuster. Raven escape behind Eddie, though, and then booted him in the gut. Raven grabbed Eddie for the Evenflow, but before he could deliver the DDT Eddie took Raven down to the mat by his legs. Eddie flipped over, hooking Raven up in a pinning combination, and got the three! Eddie has beaten Raven!

Humiliation

After the bell had sounded, AJ slid in the ring and went after Eddie. Eddie fought AJ off with rights, however, until Crowbar came running out from the crowd and joined in. Raven also got to his feet and the three on one was too much for Eddie. Raven slid to the outside and came back in with a chair. Eddie began to fight back again, keeping AJ and Crowbar at bay until Raven smacked Eddie in the back with the chair. Raven again hit Eddie with the weapon before telling Crowbar and AJ to pick Eddie up. The two Flock members held Eddie up by both arms while Raven went to the outside and grabbed a cup of beer from a fan! Raven got back in the ring and grabbed Eddie by the jaw, mouthing to him “You think you’ve beaten demons?” Raven then dumped the cup of beer over Eddie’s face! “You like that Eddie? You want some more?” Raven threw the cup in Eddie’s face before grabbing him and hitting him with the Evenflow. AJ and Crowbar went to the outside as Raven stood over Eddie. AJ then brought back in another cup of beer. Raven took a sip and then dumped the rest over Eddie’s face, then spit what was in his mouth onto Eddie as well. The announcers made a point that Raven was obviously exploiting Eddie’s recent battles with alcohol abuse, and that this had gone far beyond personal. Raven struck his crucifix pose over Eddie’s beer drenched body as Smackdown came to a heinous close, leading us in to No Mercy.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 76%

TV Rating= 5.85

Attendance= 10,022

$= 400,880

*Kurt Angle lost overness from his segment.

*Bubba Ray Dudley lost overness from his segment.

*Raven, Eddie, and Big Show were all sluggish in their tag match.

E-Mails

"RVD and Rey Mysterio work well as a team"- Road Agent

RVD was wokring too stiff....SUCKA!"- Booker T

"I think I should be higher up the card"- Raven

"Id like to work with Chris Jericho at some stage. I think youd be impressed with the results"- Matt Hardy

Guest Prototype

Smackdown Presents

user posted image

October 17, 2004

WWF Title Match

Eddie Guerrero © vs Raven

Hell In A Cell

John Cena © vs JBL

Rob Van Dam vs Booker T w/Theodore Long

Cruiswerweight Title Match

Chavo Guerrero © vs Rey Mysterio

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Dudley Boyz © vs Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 16, 2004

Jamie Noble defeated Funaki after a Tiger Bomb.

A video package of The Flock's attack on Eddie Guerrero on this past Smackdown was aired.

Jeff Hardy w/Lita beat Lance Storm with the Swanton Bomb.

An interview with Chris Jericho was conducted concerning Chris Benoit.

Mark Jindrak w/Sable beat Shannon Moore with the MJ Delight.

A promo from Big Show with Paul Bearer at his side was aired, hyping up the Hell in a Cell Match at No Mercy.

Speaking of No Mercy, we are informed from our announce team that, after the events between the Dudleys and Rikishi and Scotty on Smackdown, the Tag Team Title match at No Mercy will now be a Tables Match!

A video of Triple H's brutal attack of Edge on Raw was shown.

Crowbar defeated Orlando Jordan in his debut match with a little help from AJ. Raven provided color commentary during the match, hyping his title match at No Mercy.

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

Final Card

user posted image

October 17, 2004

WWF Title Match

Hell in a Cell

John Cena © vs John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Booker T w/Theodore Long vs Rob Van Dam

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Tables Match

The Dudley Boyz © vs Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty

Cruiserweight Title Match

Edited by Prototype

Thought I'd check this out since I made ur graphics:D

WWF Title Match

Hell in a Cell

John Cena © vs John "Bradshaw" Layfield

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Tables Match

Guest Prototype

Pre-Show Promo

Before the PPV begins, we see Raven sitting in his locker room on a chair, bent over a bit, as he speaks into the camera.

Raven: The time dawns upon us. October 17, 2004. A night that will live in infamy in the World Wrestling Federation. A night when one man’s miraculous dream becomes his ultimate nightmare. Eddie Guerrero, tonight you will have to look in the eye of your greatest demon yet, a demon that now amount of will power or determination can conquer. Eddie, I’ve broken your body and I’ve broken your spirit. You may cling to that WWF Title for comfort, but that is a mere formality now. Because after tonight, you wont even have that belt to hold you together anymore. So for you, Eddie, tonight is a time to reflect. Reflect on what you have done, what you have accomplished. Because hollow memories of the way it was are all that will be left when the reign of Raven begins. Quote the Raven, nevermore

user posted image

October 17, 2004

A nice pyro display welcomes the live and pay-per-view crowds to the show as Smackdown presents No Mercy!

Chavo attacked Rey before the bell, beating on him in the corner with blows to the back. Chavo whipped Rey hard into the corner, sending Rey to the mat. Chavo lifted Rey to his feet and connected with a few upper cuts before whipping him off the ropes. Chavo looked like he was going for a titl-a-whirl, but Rey reversed it into a head scissors takedown. Rey gave Chavo a few right hands and whipped him off the ropes. Rey leapfrogged Chavo and then caught him with a monkey flip to the mat. Rey ran the ropes and went for a head scissors again, but Chavo countered into a sidewalk slam. Chavo dropped an elbow to Rey’s chest and covered him, but got only a two. Chavo delivered a few more uppercuts and then dropped Rey with a brainbuster. Chavo decided to go to the top rope and set up a frog splash. Rey got to his feet, however, and leaped to the middle rope. Rey tried to wrap Chavo up, but Chavo punched Rey in the gut and dropped him with a tornado DDT! Chavo covered, but Rey just kicked out at two. Chavo was a bit frustrated a went up to the top rope again. Chavo waited for Rey to get to his feet and jumped at Rey, but Rey nailed Chavo with a dropkick right to the gut in mid air! Rey wobbled to his feet and lifted Chavo to his, but Chavo reversed an irish whip. Rey held on to the ropes, however, and Chavo charged at Rey, but Mysterio took Chavo down to the middle rope with a drop toe hold. The crowd began to roar as Rey bounced off the ropes and went for the 619, but Chavo ducked the move. Chavo booted Rey in the gut and set him up for a powerbomb. Chavo lifted him up, but Rey began to fight out of it by punching Chavo in the head. Chavo bounced Rey off the top rope and turned to plant him on the canvas, but Rey rolled through and reversed it into a hurricanrana! 1..2..3! Just like that it’s over. Rey posed on each corner, celebrating as the new Cruiserweight Champion as Chavo walked back up the ramp in disbelief.

John Cena © vs John “Bradshaw” Layfield

Cena and JBL locked up in the middle of the ring, with JBL maneuvering Cena into the corner. The ref called for a break, but JBL tried a cheap shot. Cena ducked, however, and told JBL “you cant see me.” JBL tried another right hand, but Cena blocked it and blasted JBL with one of his own in the corner. Cena whipped JBL into the far corner and then dropped him with a back body drop. Cena then ran over JBL with a clothesline that sent him out to the floor. Cena followed JBL out to ringside and attempted an irish whip, but JBL reversed it into a short arm clothesline. JBL lifted Cena to his feet and rammed his back into the steel ring post. JBL rolled Cena into the ring and put a few boots to his chest. JBL whipped Cena hard into the corner and followed in with an avalanche before taking Cena for a ride with a fallaway slam. JBL covered, but only got a two. JBL stayed on top of Cena, clubbing him in the back. Bradshaw whipped Cena off the ropes and caught him with a big boot for another two count. JBL gestured to the crowd that this one was over and set Cena up for a powerbomb. JBL went to lift Cena, but Cena blocked it and then back dropped JBL to the mat. Cena delivered a few right hands, backing JBL up into the ropes. Cena whipped JBL off the ropes and kicked him in the gut, then ran the ropes and hit the Throwback. Cena covered, but JBL kicked out at two. Cena stayed on JBL and again whipped him off the ropes, but Cena lowered his head and JBL kicked him in the shoulder. JBL bounced off the ropes looking for the Clothesline from Hell, but Cena ducked it and then caught JBL in position for the FU. Cena lifted JBL up, but Bradshaw slipped out of the hold and planted Cena with a spinebuster! That could be it. 1..2…Cena just kicked out! Both men are a bit spent. JBL and Cena both wobble to their feet. JBL blasts Cena with a few rights hands and goes to whip Cena off the ropes, but Cena reverses it into a short arm whip and flings JBL up onto his shoulders. FU! Cena covers. 1..2..3! Cena retains the US Title. As Cena is handed his belt, JBL blasts Cena from behind with a clothesline. JBL picks Cena up and plants him with a powerbomb! JBL picks the US Title up off the mat and raises it in the air to boos from the crowd before throwing it back down beside Cena. JBL tells him “This isn’t over, Cena. This isn’t over by a long shot.”

Interview with Eddie Guerrero

We then got to the interview area where Josh Matthews is with the WWF Champoion.

Josh: Eddie, tonight you put the WWF Title on the line against the man known as Raven. And Eddie, what we saw Raven and his cronies do to you on this past Smackdown, Im not afraid to say, was utterly disgraceful and disgusting.

Eddie: What happened this past Thursday was all those things, Josh. Raven tried to make a mockery of me, of my career, and of the battles and sacrifices I’ve gone through to get where I am today. And that doesn’t sit real well with me, esse. But see, if Raven thinks he’s broken me he is sadly mistaken. You can break my body, Raven, but NEVER my spirit! All you have done is fire Latino Heat up, vato! And that’s not a good sign for you, Raven! You can beat me down, you can try to degrade me, but I just keep coming back for more. I have worked too long and too hard for this title right here. And you’re right, Raven, this is my life! So vato, it will have to be over my dead body that you walk out of here with it tonight! Latino Heat will run wild at No Mercy, esse! O le lai!

Josh: Best of luck, Eddie.

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Tables Match

Scotty started the match out with D-Von. D-Von gained the upperhand early, isolating Scotty in the Dudleys corner. D-Von and Bubba exchanged quick tags back and forth, pummeling Scotty with blows. Bubba, the legal man now, whipped Scotty off the ropes, but Scotty ducked a clothesline and took Bubba down with a cross body. Scotty gave Bubba few right hands and whipped him into the corner, following up with a splash in the buckle. Scotty then tagged in Rikishi, who ran in and squashed Bubba in the corner, dropping Bubba to his seat in the corner. Rikishi looked to the crowd, who called for the Stink Face, but D-Von attacked Rikishi from behind to prevent the move. The referee got D-Von out of the ring, but Bubba was able to reach his feet and plant Rikishi with a DDT and then legally tag D-Von into the match. D-Von pounded on Rikishi with blows to the back and hit him with a dropkick. D-Von motioned to Bubba, who then reached under the ring and pulled out a table. Bubba slid the table in the ring, but Scotty cut Bubba off at the pass and began to brawl with him. D-Von set the table up in the ring and then attacked Scotty from behind, throwing him to the floor. Bubba and D-Von then position the table and Bubba and D-Von set up for the 3D with Bubba on one side of the table and D-Von on the other. D-Von attempts to lift Rikishi up for the move, but Rikishi doesn’t budge off his feet. D-Von tries again, but again Rikishi doesn’t move. Rikishi then picks D-Von up and attempts to put him through the table with a Samoan Drop, but Bubba just moves the table out of the way and D-Von crashes to the mat instead. Rikshi then catches Bubba with a side kick and motions to the crowd that Bubba was going through the table. Rikishi picks Bubba to his feet, but from behind D-Von hits Rikishi with a chop block to the knee. Bubba and D-Von both pound away at Rikishi when Scotty gets back into the ring. Bubba notices and charges at Scotty, but Scotty hip tosses Bubba to the mat. Scotty then runs at D-Von, but D-Von side steps Scotty and throws him at Rikshi. Rikishi and Scotty collide head to head, knocking the big man to the outside. Scotty then woozily turns back around into D-Von’s grasp and just like that is put through the table with a 3D with the help of Bubba! The Dudleys retain their titles and walk back up the ramp as Scotty and Rikishi have a discussion in the ring.

Theodore again accompanies Booker with a neck brace on. Booker tries to go right at RVD at the bell, but RVD ducks Booker’s shot and fires back with his own forearms to the head. RVD whips Booker into the corner and then takes him down with a spinning side kick. RVD whips Booker off the ropes, gives him a leap frog, and then catches him with a monkey flip to the mat. RVD connects on a spinning leg drop and covers Book, but only gets a two. RVD stays on the offensive and whips Booker into the corner. RVD charges in, but Book moves out of the way and RVD crashes sternum first into the buckle. Booker then drops RVD with a neackbreaker. Booker puts a few boots to Rob before picking him to his feet and dropping him with a short arm clothesline. RVD reverses a whip into the ropes, but Booker ducks a clothesline and hits RVD with a spin kick to the face. Booker covers, but gets only a two. Booker drops a knee to the face of RVD and then slams him to the mat. Booker decides to take a page from RVD and go to the top rope. Book sizes RVD up and then goes for the Houston Hangover, but RVD moves out of the way and Booker crashes to the canvas! RVD hammers on Book and whips him off the ropes and connects with a hip toss. RVD runs the ropes and hits Rolling Thunder for a two count. RVD whips Booker into the corner and nails two shoulder blocks, followed by a flip and third shoulder to the gut. RVD then snaps Booker over with a suplex. RVD signals to the crowd and leaps to the top rope. It looks like he’s going for the 5 Star when Teddy Long jumps up on the apron. Long distracts RVD while Booker gets to his feet and shakes the top rope, crotching RVD. Booker then gets on the buckle and locks RVD in for a superplex, but RVD battles back and drops Booker to the mat with a front face lock! RVD repositions himself on the top rope. Long again gets on the apron and grabs RVD’s foot, trying to prevent RVD from hitting his finisher, but Van Dam kicks Long to the floor! Booker is back on his feet by this time, but RVD flies off and connects with a flying kick to the chest! 1..2…Booker just kicks out! RVD goes to whip Booker off the ropes, but Book reverses it and catches RVD off the ropes in position for the Book End. RVD gives Booker a back elbow to escape the move and then whips him into the corner. RVD charges in for another shoulder block, but Booker moves out of the way and RVD hits the steel ring post shoulder first. Booker then drops down and rolls RVD up, using his feet on the ropes for leverage. 1..2..3! The ref never saw Booker’s feet on the ropes! Booker quickly rolls out of the ring and walks up the ramp with Teddy Long holding his arm up in victory as RVD holds his shoulder and looks more than upset in the ring.

Hell in a Cell

The Undertaker vs Big Show w/Paul Bearer

Bearer accompanied Big Show out to the ring, but was kept outside of the cell. Taker and Show met face to face in the middle of the ring as the cell lowered down around them. Show was the first to try a right hand, but Taker blocked it and delivered one of his own. Taker delivered a series of rights and lefts and gave Show a thrust to the throat. Taker then gave Show a clothesline that took the big man to the floor. Taker wasted no time in following Show out to the floor. Taker grabbed Show by the hair and rammed his head into the steel cell. Taker went for a clothesline, but Show ducked it and then rammed Taker’s back into the steel post. Show gave Taker a big slap to the chest and then took his turn to run Taker’s head into the cell. Show screamed at Taker “you aint nothing, Deadman,” and raked his head across the chain link steel. Undertaker began to bleed a bit from his forehead. Show rolled Taker back in the ring and laid a few boots to him. Show went to whip Taker into the corner, but Taker reversed it and followed Show into the buckle with an avalanche. Taker then grabbed Show in an arm bar and walked the top rope for some Old School. Taker whipped Show off the ropes and went for a boot, but Show caught his foot and then grabbed him around the throat. Taker gave Show a back elbow to escape the chokeslam and then hit Show with a running clothesline. Undertaker then signaled for a chokeslam of his own, but when he grabbed Show by the throat, Big Show gave Taker a low blow that sent the Deadman to the mat. Big Show then lifted Taker to his feet and whipped him to the buckle, and as Taker bounced back off Show grabbed him and connected with the Showstopper! 1..2..Undertaker kicks out! Big Show cant believe it. Show is a bit upset and rolls to the outside. Show grabs the steel steps and throws them into the ring. Show rolls back into the ring and picks up the stairs, waiting for Taker to reach his feet. Show charges with the steps, but Taker gives a big boot and knocks the steps back into Show’s face! Show falls between the ropes to the floor. Undertaker grabs the steps and goes to the outside as well. Show raises his head off the mat and he’s busted open now as well. Taker takes the steps again and sizes Show up as he reaches his feet. Taker charges Big Show and clobbers him with the stairs, and the momentum takes both men right through the cell door, breaking the pad lock! Both men lay on the ringside area, both bleeding. Taker reaches his feet first and starts to hammer on Big Show. Taker grabs Show and brings him back into the ring. Taker then signals again for the chokeslam. A roar is heard from the crowd as Taker sizes Show up and slaps on a goozle. Taker looks to be about to drive Show down to the mat when Kurt Angle appears in the ring and takes out Taker’s knee! With the door broken, the cell can no longer keep intruders outside the ring. Angle begins to pound on Taker’s head with stiff right hands and stomps on Taker’s knee. Angle motions for Paul Bearer to get in the ring. Bearer somewhat reluctantly steps into the ring as Big Show pulls Taker to his feet. Show holds up the Undertaker while Angle calls for Bearer to give him the urn, but Bearer is reluctant to do so. Angle yells at Bearer “Give me the urn” and finally has to yank the urn from Bearer’s arms. With Show holding the prone Undertaker on his feet, Kurt raises the urn high, preparing to strike Taker in the head with it, when Bearer gives Angle a low blow! Kurt drops the urn and falls to the mat. Big Show grabs Bearer by the lapels and looks like he might pound him into the canvas, but Undertaker comes up behind him, spins him around, and clocks him over the head with the urn! Bearer escapes the cell and heads to the back. Undertaker then signals for the end and waits for Big Show to wobble back to his feet and then delivers a thunderous chokeslam! Undertaker crosses the arms and the ref counts the 1..2..3. The Undertaker poses in the ring, victorious here at No Mercy, while Kurt Angle limps back up the ramp and throws his suit jacket on the ground, visibly upset at this outcome.

WWF Title Match

Raven was first out, and then Eddie was introduced. Eddie flew down to the ring, not even riding in his trademark low rider, and attacked Raven right at the bell. Eddie rocked Raven with a few right hands that sent Raven into the corner, and Eddie continued to pound away at Raven in the corner with a series of straight shots to the head. Eddie whipped Raven into the far buckle and then delivered a back body drop. Eddie charged Raven and clotheslined him right to the floor. Eddie riled up the crowd with Raven disposed of for the moment. Eddie walked over to the apron to go after Raven, but Raven grabbed Eddie’s legs and pulled him under the ropes and to the outside. Raven then whipped Eddie into the steel ring steps, slowing Eddie down. Raven gave Eddie a few right hands to the head with Eddie in a seated position by the stair and then rolled him backing the ring. Raven dropped a knee to Eddie’s head and then dropped him with a neckbreaker for a two count. Raven wrapped Eddie in an arm bar and pounded on Eddie’s shoulder, taking advantage of Eddie’s collision with the stairs. Raven whipped Eddie into the corner and followed in with an avalanche, then took Eddie down with a bulldog. Raven covered, but again only got a two. Raven continued to focus on Eddie’s shoulder. At one point, Eddie attempted a suplex but couldn’t lift Raven all the way up, and Raven hit a one arm DDT for a two. Raven whipped Eddie into the ropes, but Eddie ducked a clothesline and then connected with a dropkick that sent Raven flying through the ropes and to the floor. Eddie went out after him, but Raven kicked Eddie in the gut and set him up for a piledriver out on the floor. Eddie blocked it, however, and then back dropped Raven onto the mat. Eddie rammed Raven’s back into the apron and then rolled him into the ring. Now it was Raven with a weak spot. Eddie dropped Raven with an atomic drop and then connected with a clothesline. Eddie hooked Raven and connected with the Three Amigos. Eddie was starting to feel it now and whipped Raven off the ropes and hit a tilt a whirl back breaker. Eddie then looked to the corner and headed up to the top rope. As he did, AJ and Crowbar made their way down to the ring. Eddie noticed the two henchmen and instead of going for Raven, jumped down and splashed both the Flock members on the outside! As Eddie reached his feet, Raven leaned over the rope and grabbed Eddie by the head, pulling him up to the apron. Eddie delivered a shoulder block to Raven’s gut and then flipped over Raven, rolling him up in a sunset flip, but only for a two count. Eddie then tried to give Raven an irish whip, but Raven reversed it and threw Eddie back in the opposite direction, smothering the referee in between Eddie and the turnbuckle. With the referee down, AJ and Crowbar slid in the ring and started to put the boots to Eddie as Raven slid outside and grabbed a steel chair. Raven brought the weapon in the ring as AJ lifted Eddie to his feet. Raven swung the chair at Eddie, but Guerrero ducked and Raven smacked AJ over the head with the chair! Eddie then kicked Raven in the gut, grabbed the chair and cracked it over the back of Raven! Eddie then clocked Crowbar with it as well, sending him to the floor. Eddie dropped Raven down with a brainbuster and went to the top rope, flew off, and connected with the Frog Splash! 1..2..3…..4…5…there’s no ref to make the count. Eddie walks over and tries to revive the referee. Raven, meanwhile, gets back to his feet and grabs Eddie from behind. Raven locks Eddie in an arm bar and drops Eddie’s arm and shoulder onto the steel chair, the same shoulder Raven injured earlier in the match. The ref started to stir, but slowly, and Raven locked Eddie in position for the Evenflow. Eddie slips out, however, and grabs Eddie’s legs, taking him down to the mat and slingshots him into the turnbuckle. Raven bounces face first off the top buckle and wobbles back towards Eddie. Eddie boots him in the gut and goes for another brain buster, but Eddie’s injured shoulder gives out on him and he cant lift Raven all the way up. Raven drops to his feet on the mat and then drops down to his knees and low blows Eddie! Raven then grabs Eddie and gives him the Evenflow DDT onto the steel chair! Raven shoves the chair out of the ring and covers Eddie. The referee slowly crawls into position and begins the count. 1..2..3! Raven has defeated Eddie Guerrero for the WWF Title! Raven rolls on to his back, exhausted, while AJ and Crowbar retrieve the WWF Title belt from ringside and drape it across Raven’s chest. They then help him to his feet and a glossy-eyed Raven strikes his crucifix pose with the WWF Title on his shoulder as No Mercy comes to an end.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 81%

PPV Buyrate= 1.80

Attendance= 20,015

PPV Revenue= 4,500,000

$= 1,200,900

*The Cruiserweight Title gained in image.

*The US Title gained in image.

*The WWF Tag Team Titles gained in image.

*The Undertaker gained overness from his feud ending.

*Big Show gained overness from his feud ending.

*Big Show was sluggish in his match.

*Eddie Guerrero and Raven were both sluggish in their match.

E-Mails

"Big Show and Undertaker work well together due to their similar styles."- Road Agent

"That last feud rocked! It's helped my career alot."- Undertaker

"Id like to request a match or two with Kevin Nash."- Triple H

"Chris Jericho would be a great opponent for me."- Matt Hardy

This is my first time reading your diary, And No Mercy was a good show.

I don't know about Rey getting the title, He's above the Cruiserweight title imo, But then again, Chavo without the title could mean a push for Chavo, Which is a good thing :thumbsup:

I don't mind Cena retaining the title, But I see JBL beating him for it possibly at the Survivor Series, Atleast JBL doesn't have the WWE title with him

Tables match was what it was, Glad to see the Dudley Boyz retaining, Though Scotty/Rikishi breaking up could suck since both men's acts are stale.

Glad to see Booker T get the win, Him with Teddy Long makes a good unity. Hopefully RVD gets a win back over Booker and gets pushed up the card.

Undertaker beating Show was good, I bet the ratings in EWR for HIAC wasn't too good though, But who cares?

Raven as the champion is a good thing, I don't know how you pushed him so I can't comment if he's been pushed right, But I hate Eddie's act so anyone would be better with the title than Eddie.

I'll definetely try to check out RAW, Oh yeah......... Give us Nash/HHH ;)

Edit- Why WWF? Did you change the name or something?

Edited by Baby Hewey