Whedon wants to do X3

Laice07

http://www.superherohype.com/x-men/index.php?id=1868

At this point, i think he would be the leading canidate. He is the least likely to go the 'Batman and Robin route' and more the 'dark willow' route.

Not only can Whedon both write and direct magnificently, but he also "gets" comic book fans, as they make up a core of his Buffy/Angel/Firefly fanbase. He knows what they like, and what they want in a comic book or comic book movie. If Singer isn't going to be the man to direct X3, then bring on Whedon.

And if you don't see why he's so loved, go watch Buffy, Angel, or Firefly from the beginning. Or hell, pick up an issue of The Astonishing X-men. You'll see why soon enough.

But I'm still awfully pissed that Singer is gone, he left a great franshise in order to rekindle another which I don't care about anymore. Well not as much as X-men.

If not Whedon, then James Cameron, Tim Burton, or Steven Spielberg. :P

Edited by Laice_

Where's my drool smiley?!

Keep Cameron, Burton, and Spielberg away from my X-Men movies. Whedon for X3!!!

If Whedon can't do it, give me Darron Aronofsky, he was rumored to do Batman and if the ending to X2 is any indication of X3, it's going to be a darker movie.

I'm always up for a comic fan continuing a successful comic series. However, Singer wasn't a comic fan at all, and I think his unbiased approach benefitted the project. As long as we don't see Wolverine in yellow at all during the next movie I'm good.

I'm always up for a comic fan continuing a successful comic series. However, Singer wasn't a comic fan at all, and I think his unbiased approach benefitted the project. As long as we don't see Wolverine in yellow at all during the next movie I'm good.

Singer is a great director so I wasn't surprised to see him make a great X-Men movie. But for the most part when you bring in an unbiased director, they want to make the thing their own and completely fuck it up.

I just hope David Hayter stays on as screenwriter.

*Prays to Lord and Saviour Joss.*

Have I ever mentioned that I love you? And I mean that in a totally sexua... i mean plutonic way.

Joss also wrote the original Buffy movie with Kristi Swanson IIRC. Heavy rewrites were made though which is why it lacks that Whedon charm.