Bad news for Craig Kilborn fans

GhostMachine

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Sarah Silverman needs to have kids..

I'd be cool with her being a working mom.

I wouldn't mind seeing a female host, but I don't think Sarah Silverman would be a good choice. She's okay as a comedian, and would probably be a good side-kick, but not a host.

And Hal Sparks would be a good choice. I enjoyed it when he was the host of Talk Soup after Henson. But I don't know if CBS would have the guts to give an openly gay actor a talk show. Is he still on that Queer As Folk show on Showtime?

(Btw, I wish Ellen DeGeneres' daytime show would get cancelled, and she'd just go the hell away. I've never found her to be funny OR entertaining, even before she came out of the closet. She's one of my least favorite celebrities.)

And Hal Sparks would be a good choice. I enjoyed it when he was the host of Talk Soup after Henson. But I don't know if CBS would have the guts to give an openly gay actor a talk show. Is he still on that Queer As Folk show on Showtime?

Hal Sparks isn't gay. I remember him saying this on a few late night appearances. Perhaps his appearing as a homosexual on television may hurt him in conservative CBS eyes, but I doubt it. If contraversy was an issue then Kilborn would have never got the gig in the first place.

Edited by reyrey619

But he hasn't asked.

And in the meantime he has blown other men.

I'm just saying.

I want Silverman as a host, so I'm highly biased. I think if they put her on and had Ben Stiller as a guest host even just for 3 episodes, you would never turn that shit off again. They have chemistry like Ben and Je(a)n, but Silverman is a lot racier and her improving on live TV would be like asking Scott Steiner to cut a promo on Lodi. It would be controversy in a can. It would be awesome.

About the Comedy Central owns Stewart, Chappelle, South Park...

Well doesn't Viacom [parent company of CBS] own Comedy Central also?

I'm pretty sure Viacom owns Comedy Central, VH1, MTV, Spike, CBS, Nikelodeon and some other shit.

Never seen Late, Late Show for Late Night > Late, Late.

Linda Cohn is da bomb.  She's better than 75% of what ESPN has to offer.

Yes she is. She knows what she's talking about, can be funny, can be serious. She has I think 10 years or so of experience on Sportscenter (She's been an anchor since I started watching which was in like 95). The only anchor presently who I think comes close to her is John Anderson.

I'm fairly confident that Comedy Central isn't under Viacom. Infact I'm almost certain that NBC and COmedy Central are hooked up because Conan O'Brien and SNL are on both networks.

Also, someone said that Dave Mordal and Rich Vos would be great hosts for Late Late Show but that doesn't seem likely because they both came out of an NBC show.

Anyway, the next Late Late show host should be Michael Ian Black (Ed, I Love the 70's/80's/90's). Although Ed was on NBC, it was produced by Dave Letterman and his writers were the main writers for the show.

Viacom does own Comedy Central. As well as MTV, MTV2, Nickelodeon, BET, Nick At Nite, TV Land, Noggin/The N, VH1, Spike, CMT, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Sundance, and the upcoming LOGO. Broadcast television, they own the Paramount Network, CBS, and UPN.

Viacom pretty much owns everything these days when it comes to television and they have a pretty big chunk of radio too. Hell, I'm a Viacom employee.