Bad news for Craig Kilborn fans

GhostMachine

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"World Wrestling Federation wrestler Owen Hart, known as the Blue Blazer, died Sunday night. ... Blue Blazer's partner, White Turtleneck, was unharmed."

Which is, if you examine closely, not a dig at Owen at all, but the ridiculous gimmick the writing staff gave him. Perhaps it was a little insensitive, but it wasn't a dig at Owen by any means.

Exactly. There seemed to be this terrible outcry from wrestling fans calling for Kilborn's head at the time, when really he was poking fun at the gimmick, not the man. It wasn't particularly humorous, but it wasn't some jaw dropping show of disrespect either.

No matter what anyone says, the Late Late Show should go to David Cross. The man is pure gold.

I considered David Cross, but again, his style of humor just doesn't exactly fit broadcast television. Cross is an advertiser's nightmare. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him to do it, because I think he's one of the funniest men alive, but while he'd have us in stitches, he'd have the network in fear. Plus, I just can't see Cross as an interviewer.

No matter what anyone says, the Late Late Show should go to David Cross. The man is pure gold.

Oooo, I didn't even consider him. He'd be terrific, and it'd be even better if he had Bob Odenkirk on lots, also. Mr. Show lives!

Another Mr. Show fan? I must say, our breed is few and far between my good man.

And Zero, I agree that Cross isn't exactly "network friendly," and him taking on a late show would invariably result in discontent in one way or another. If he were forced to tone down his style, more loyal fans would be disappointed. If he kept up his current style, more conservative viewers would be turned off, especially with a network like CBS. If we were talking about HBO or Comedy Central, it would be an entirely different story.

Truth be told, I'd absolutely love to see Norm McDonald doing a late show. He's got the news experience from his Weekend Update tenure with SNL, and could more than likely convincingly pull off an interview. In my mind, he'd be an outstanding choice, at least better than Carson Daly or Kilborn himself.

• 1 month later...

Oh what a shame poor man's Conan O'brien is calling it quits... Good riddance.

Oh, and Cross is the funniest man alive. I see shades of Carlin in that man.

Edited by The Grifter