*SPOILERS* The Verdict Is In...

Gabriel

As I said in the "What Films Have You Seen Today" topic...I really enjoyed this movie, despite the constant backlash against both the plot, and director Paul Anderson.

Anderson did a good job with the film, and I'm hoping for a sequel, especially with the Predalien appearance at the end of the film.

The only thing I'm worried about, is that the sequel would just be Predalien destroying the Predators, until one of them lucks out and kills it...making them look way more inferior than they should...unless they end up on a planet with an Alien Queen.

I saw it yesterday on a sneak preview and really liked it, although it was somewhat of a letdown, as I thought the Predator's should have done a bit more asskicking, and the one with the cool mask was who I picked to be the badass Predator.

What I did like about the film is how it kept true to the video game, by having the Predators and human(s) team up.

I think a sequel could be done well, but I also think the same could be done for Freddy vs. Jason, and I highly doubt either will happen. I think that movies like that are meant to be left as a cliffhanger not to make a sequel, but to keep as many fans happy as possible.

Edited by misfit103

Predalien

Just making sure that I read that right and am laughing for all the right reasons....

Dunno if it happens anywhere else, but in the Aliens Versus Predator game a while back had a feature where, if playing as Aliens, you could impregnate a Predator, to create a Predalien. I don't really know about the comics and stuff, but thats the only history of it I know. It does exist, and it does have a hilariously uninventive name.

I have to say...not a big fan of this one at all. Personally, I felt like a lot of the stuff didn't really make much sense at all...one second, people are making sure their equipment isn't getting damaged by a storm, we cut away, then cut back, and the guy has his gun drawn? The gun that he, and everyone else had while on an islaind in the arctic, that they described as one of the most remote places on earth?

Whatever, not gonna nitpick about that.

One thing, though, that maybe someone can help me out with...Lance Henrikson in this...he is THE Bishop...like the one that in the Alien movies designed the Robot Bishop in his image, right?

I haven't seen the movie in a LONG time, but in Aliens 3, doesn't Bishop (the REAL human Bishop) make an appearance, talking to Ripley near the end before she kills herself? Maybe someone can clear that up for me, because it's bothering me...

All-in-all, I dunno...the person I saw this with thought it was great, but I just didn't really like it. I was also a little bothered by where, exactly, this movie is supposed to fit, within the Predator 1 and 2, and Alien movies...is this after Predator 2, but before Alien?

I found that really confusing, so hopefully, someone with a bit more knowledge on that stuff can help out.

I think I would give this movie a 5./10, because it did have some pretty great Alien vs Predator fighting, but there was a lot of stuff that made me cringe while watching it...If I were to be 100% honest, it would be 6/10, just for having Mullet as one of the experts. I/m sticking with 5, though.

Not that big a fan.

Predalien bursts from his dead chest...end.

And they still got away with a PG-13 rating with the burst out? No wonder why all these people are saying the MPAA is lenient these days.

Like Numbahs said, it should be, but it's gotten pretty tame nowadays. Theres even an advert for Nik Naks going around where the guy eats one, which bursts out of his chest with a spray of orange. Everyone nearby then starts dancing, including the 'impregnated' guy himself. Totally takes the scare right out of it, that does.

One thing, though, that maybe someone can help me out with...Lance Henrikson in this...he is THE  Bishop...like the one that in the Alien movies designed the Robot Bishop in his image, right?

I haven't seen the movie in a LONG time, but in Aliens 3, doesn't Bishop (the REAL human Bishop) make an appearance, talking to Ripley near the end before she kills herself?  Maybe someone can clear that up for me, because it's bothering me...

It really wouldn't have worked if the attention was focused on the human actors. I liked the fact that they didn't have name actors, aside from Henrickson.

Charles Bishop Weyland (AVP) was the inspiration behind the Bishop androids. Bishop II (the actual character name) in Alien 3, has been said to have been a more advanced android, but that may be just for storyline continuity with AVP, or perhaps Bishop II wasn't an android, and was instead more of a clone of Charles Bishop Weyland.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

I really liked the movie, the movie actually required that you hve a good memory, because at ne pointin the movie, the Predator chops half of an aliens head of, then takes his "mask" and marks his helmet with the aliens finger. Predator then turns around, and one of the vagina looking baby aliens, leaps onto his face, then the movie cuts away to another scene.....then about 5-7 minutes later it cuts back and shows Predator putting his mask back on, by now everyone has almost forgotten about the whole alien on his face thingy.

End of the movie, after that predator died, and he gets taken on the ship, everyone starts to get up in theatre, but then the camera shows the dead predator laying on the table, for like 2 minutes....eveyrone sits back down, and the little alien baby bust's out of his chest, then everyone starts clapping, and then leaves.