Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Mmm, that's what I'm worried about. I downloaded the demo off Steam and it works, even if some of the graphics are a bit iffy, but it ends before you can get to the later stages of the game. Fuck it, I'll probably buy it anyway and get a new video card/processor if it really won't work <_<

Bought it yesterday and played it while EWB was down. It still runs a little slowly and some of the graphics are off, but like I fucking care, I'm just glad it runs at all and I'm enjoying it. Loving some of the new additions. I used to shy away from big military campaigns but they are so much more intuitive now, I had tons of fun waging war on Rome and Japan as Siam in my first game. And the city-states really do affect strategy a lot more than I thought they would.

Anyway, I added you on Steam Ruki so hit me up some time.

I've found the gameplay mechanics to be simpler than on IV. The game is slower too - though once you get used to it, it feels fine.

Military campaigns are what I struggle with - I never enough patience to build all the troops I need (production can take ages on V).

No you don't need Steam to do it. You just get achievements on Steam and you can invite people on your friendslist to games on Steam making it easier for private games instead of giving out a password etc

Played the demo. Not sure I'd want to buy it unless it's cheap. I can see me getting bored quickly and barely playing it. I agree with DFF about military campaigns. Beyond that, I might as well just re-install CivIV if I feel a hankering for a full campaign, or just do different games on the demo.

I played the first 100 turns that came with the Demo. It´s good (and it´s working nice on the low settings using Bootcamp Windows 7 and my MacBook) but it feels like something is missing... i fear they saved some Nations for DLC and some Options for Full Adones.

Arrent there still arguments over if Civ 3 or Civ 1 is the best game? Since wen is 4 The winner? :wacko:

I like it a lot better then IV.

It feels more, for lack of a better word, organic. No more adjust a quick slider and fix stuff you have to be constantly worrying about everything. There's more planning ahead, you can't just build every single building you want in a city anymore you have to specialize. Warfare is 50000x better. Really. I can't even put into words how much I like the new system. Yah there will be more Civs in the DLC but that really doesn't effect the gameplay now.