Minecraft!

Sousa

Woah, you guys are good builders! I played on peaceful mode and fell in love, I then learned what the difficulties were about, and i'm more than in love! This is too addicting. Two games I've played for a very long period of time with no break (on computer anyway) This and TEW, thing is, TEW can get boring. I'll upload pictures soon, I have an underground house/shelter (currently in construction), and a huge tower right beside my spawn. biggrin.gif

Finally trapped the Mob Spawner... Might set a water trap for it or something..

Followed the caving system. finding a tonne of coal and a lot of iron. Going left right up and down, down several alternate routes.

I can honestly say that I am now officially lost in the depths of hell. (As I have found lava... I have plans for lava :D)

Haven't had to do much digging to get places so I'll continue to follow the tunnels to the end.

Decided to start out fresh again. Decided to start building out of a small sized mountain right next to my spawn point. After a lot of leveling off the sides of the mountain to make it a straight drop, I began to work on the foundation of my house. After all the hard work, here's what I came up with for now.

(Pictures in spoilers)

A shot from the outside

minecraft1r.jpg

Outside shot again

minecraft2w.jpg

A view from the roof. In this direction, I've got plenty of land to explore when I choose to.

minecraft3.jpg

And when I turn around, I've got plenty of sea to cross and explore, with a mountain and cave to the right that I plan to explore soon.

minecraft4.jpg

Now that brings me to the inside of the house. Here we have the top floor, looking pretty empty at the moment. Under my player is my storage chest and crafting bench. The ladder to the right leads up to the roof, while the ladder to the left brings us down to the second floor.

minecraft5p.jpg

The second floor at the moment house only an empty chest, and my kidnapped Sheep that I've beaten bald. :shifty: This motherfucker ain't goin nowhere. Left ladder leads back upstairs, while the right heads down to the basement/furnace room.

minecraft6o.jpg

Ah, the furnace room. Ready to go for whenever I decided to want to make an assload of glass or turn ore to bars. The chest is for storage of all smelted materials.

minecraft7.jpg

It's slightly plain at the moment, but a good base to work with for now. Tomorrow, I plan to head to the mountain + cave seen in one of the pictures and see what's up over there, and probably do some more building.

Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb, but then... Most of them do :P

OK I'm about to head back into the game... see if I can get unlost :unsure:

Tried going back.. took a wrong turn continued on a bit and YAAAYY!! Red Stone ^_^

Thought to myself "Hmmm. only one block, I'll see what's around here in case there's more..

:oo_O:wacko::wub:

Diamond!! But only 2 blocks.

Edited by Rocky Feller

OK... I couldn't find my way back :unsure: and I was semi surrounded by lava.

So I dug my way out to see where I was positioned and I took picture to show my new location in relation to the home-fort

ut34w.jpg

You can just make out the giant wall I built. to give an indication of my travels.

Also towards the wall you can see a couple of lights to the left.

That was a hole in the ground just a bit south of the Mob Spawner. So I use that as an alternate doorway to the cave system.

At the bottom of the pic you can see down the stairwell (Now dubbed "Stairway to Hell") straight into the lava flow... About 30 odd steps I think.

I ran out of picks so I had to dig out by hand. Caused a slight problem when I hit the water :P

m9vds1.jpg

Ahhh... Feng Shui.

I used the lava from "Hell" to build a nice little "water" feature.

I might try to incorporate it into the Estate as a way of connecting everything.

Edited by Rocky Feller

Setting up a server issent that hart, it will just eat away of your ram and bandwith while you always have to be online. Rootservers that suport java don´t seem to be cheap... but we always could invade one of the nummerus free or payed servers listed on the mindecraft hp.

Do an EWB take-over, you think?

I'd offer to host, but my gf will cry about constant "Latency issues" while playing WoW.

But I'm all up for a group thing, I've only been playing for about 4-5 days, I think... Maybe a week.

Sousa may know a good route to take.

if we can get a cheap java/jcm enabled rootserver it should not be a problem getting it to run 24/7 without abuesing anyones ping o bandwith. We could just set up a paypal acound and collect the money.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorial/Setting_up_a_server

Servers + the were to host topic on the Minecraft Forums.

http://www.servminecraft.com/

2,70$ - 4$ per player slot.

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/minecraft/

0,91 - 0,94 Euro Cent per Slot.

http://mcservers.us/plans.html

A bit more than 1$ per player slot.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44902

I have no idea wich one is good and wich one issent, how much it matters if they are in the US or Europe and so one.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The first one draws me the most... I don't know why. I have no idea what any of the offers mean.

Except 'X Concurrent players'

I'm sure we'd be able to find 5 people who'd be willing to pay $4/per month.

Because I'm in the southern Hemisphere, I'd probably suffer some sort of lag but I'd still be keen on it.

It'll only cost me about $5 AUS monthly. I'm sure I can spare that :unsure:

The first one draws me the most... I don't know why. I have no idea what any of the offers mean.

Except 'X Concurrent players'

I'm sure we'd be able to find 5 people who'd be willing to pay $4/per month.

Because I'm in the southern Hemisphere, I'd probably suffer some sort of lag but I'd still be keen on it.

It'll only cost me about $5 AUS monthly. I'm sure I can spare that :unsure:

The Ozzy $ is almost on par with the US $. Today it is more like $4,08 AUS. ;-)

Concurrent players = players at a time without creating lag du to to little bandwith or ram.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane