Combat Zone Wrestling

Guest JayLethal

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, I just want to say great diary, but one thing just irked me with your last show.

You had Eddie Valentine in the newcomers battle royal. He really shouldn't have been there, not just because he's been around in CZW for a long time, former tag champ and everything (but you probably know that). But the main thing is that he lost the Stay Sober vs. Lose Job match against Ian Knoxx back at No Excuses. So it's kinda like you just threw that out the window without any explanation. But other than that, sweet diary that I am enjoying.

What do you like about CZW?   The great mix of workrate, deathmatches, and highflying.  You get it all in CZW.

What do you dislike about CZW?  Whenever they strike a deal with another federation they always end up doing that crappy invasion style angle.

What would you like to see more of? Tag team wrestling.  Not the sh*tty style where everymatch goes "face in peril to hot tag," but actual true tag wrestling.

What would you like to see less of? Fed Invasion style angles. It seems like CZW has to have one a year.

Who do you want to see more of? "Spyder" Nate Webb, I just love the guy.  Great Charisma, willing to take sick bumps, and can actually wrestle a good match.  Plus "Teenage Dirtbag" rules.

Who do you want to see less of? Jack Evans.  I just don't like him.  It seems like the only thing he can do is flip around a lot.  To me he can only be used how ROH uses him a glorified jobber who does dives and stuff.  But all that stuff gets old after a while.

Who woud you want to see make a debut? Masada would be pretty cool.  I could see him putting on some good matches with some of the CZW regulars.

He are my thoughts about this show:

I liked the Messiah interview, due to it setting up the next match between him and Homicide. The Messiah had a reason to call out Homicide, due to him losing the match because of loss of conciousness. The Rematch should be real good and something that i would defenally want to see.

"Future Decision" Gauntlet

I like the fact that you built up Arik Cannon, having him beat Eddie Valentine ( who really isnt a younger talent but im not gonna be real picky), Deranged and Billy Fives. Justice is a good cruserweight, not used much in EWR games which is a same because he is an all around good wrestler. Lethal and Cross are both two good young talents that hopefully you will keep around for a while, but Quance doesnt interest me for some reason. He has all the tools, but i just dont care about him at the moment. Maybe a promo or something would be good?

CZW Junior Heavy Weight Title

Sonjay Dutt © v. 'Mr. 630' Jerrele Clark

This was a good match, as both Dutt and Clark are awesome high flyers, and there was a reason for the match to take place, which is always a big plus for me. I was kinda disapppointed in Clark not winning, but i understand your logic, as he is in a fued with Rave and losing the title to someone else wouldnt make sense at least not at the moment.

CZW Tag Team Titles

The Blackout © v. Jack Evans and "The Returning Most Contrevsial Man in Wrestling" Teddy Hart

I'm glad you went with the DQ route, as it makes Evans and Hart look good, since it seems that the Blackout were worried about losing the belts to them. Hopefully Evans and Hart stay in the company awhile, hopefully fueding with the Blackout for a little bit, but not winning the titles, as a Hart Evans fued sounds more appealing.....

Re-Match of a Classic

The SAT and The Amazing Red v. Divine Storm and Brian XL

I like how you are bringing the history of CZW back, and having these six men going at it is a good way to do that. I like the SAT winning the match as Brian XL and Quiet Storm can be good singles competetors (Devine doesnt seem like he could do it, maybe putting him in a new tag team or something would be good?)

Strong Style Four Way

Hotstuff Hernandez v. Danny Maff v. Super Dragon v. Roderick Strong

Three of the compeditors in this match are favorites of mine ( I have a dislike of Hernandez for some reason, i just dont like anything about him) so this was one of my favorites on the whole card. The ending of the match is good, as maybe it set up for a possible Maff/ Dragon matchup which would kick ass if it happens.

CZW Iron Man Title

Chris Hero © v. B-Boy

I kinda knew that this would be the best of the night, just due to the men in the match. Hero winning and retaining the title is good, as long title reigns always make the title changes much more important. The end of the match was interesting, with Hero slapping away B-Boy's handshake. Does this signal a possible heel turn?!? Hmm, maybe

that will be explained next month?

CZW World Title

Homicide © v. Trent Acid

I liked this match for a couple reasons. First, Homicide ignoring the Messiah all match and hitting the Tope on him, but acting like he wasnt even there was kinda funny. Second, Acid getting a title shot is good, as this matchup hasnt happened very often (i dont remember if it ever has) before. I expected Homicide to win, and if he didn't id have to riot, as

a 1 month title reign would be horrible, but thankfully, that didnt happen. I also liked the interaction at the end, with Homicide walking past Messiah, who was trying to block the

exit for him.

No Rope Barbwire

Fans Bring the Weapons Match

JC Bailey v. Wifebeater

I'm glad that you gave Bailey the victory here, as it makes him look SOOOOO much better in the eyes of the average fan, as they would see the Wifebeater, winner of the original TOD and countless other deathmatches, lose to Bailey, an up and coming wrestler. Hopefully you give bailey a couple more wins and maybe a title shot or two, i could see him as a good Jr. Heavyweight or Iron Man champion, maybe a Heavyweight contender in the future too.

Guest JayLethal

user posted image

Combat Zone Wrestling Presents

'Wake Up'

October 23rd 2004

Elks Lodge

Queens, New York

Combat Zone Wrestling World Title

New York Street Fight

Homicide© v. The Messiah

Trent Acid v. Dan Maff

CZW Tag Titles

The Blackout© v. The Amazing Red and Brain XL

Ladder Match

JC Bailey v. Nate Webb v. Justice

Re-Match

CZW Junior Heavyweight Title

Sonjay Dutt© v. Jerrele Clark

CZW Iron Man Title

Chris Hero© v. Super Dragon

Tag Team Number One Contender

Ring Crew Express v. Jack Evans and Teddy Hart v. Ian Knoxx and Chris Cash

B-Boy v. Bobby Quance

Edited by JayLethal

user posted image

'Wake Up'

October 23rd 2004

Elks Lodge

Queens, New York

New York Street Fight

Homicide© v. The Messiah

Homicide has to go over the Messiah here to build up his title reign and make him look like a good champion.

Trent Acid v. Dan Maff

Acid has been pushed and i think your going to continue the push by having him go over a good compeditor in Dan Maff, maybe by cheating to still make Maff look good.

CZW Tag Titles

I'm looking for the Blackout to get the win here over the thrown together tag team. Although Red and Brian XL are both good athletes, i couldnt see them beating the Blackout..

Ladder Match

Re-Match

I think this is the month that Dutt loses his title. I think that he is going to get screwed out of his title by Jimmy Rave.

CZW Iron Man Title

I'm glad that you had Super Dragon come back, but i dont think that he will beat Hero, at least not at this moment. I see Hero continuing his heel turn and cheating for the victory, and then giving a beatdown or something of the sort.

I see Hart and Evans getting the win here, to get another shot at the belts. If Hart and Evans dont win, then it will be due to Blackout's interfirnece.

B-Boy v. Bobby Quance

This match doesnt really have a point, so  just picked the guy i like more.

Edited by Hellfire065

user posted image

'Wake Up'

October 23rd 2004

Elks Lodge

Queens, New York

New York Street Fight

Homicide© v. The Messiah

Like Hellfire said, Homicide must go over here. Such a short reign would do nothing for Homicide, and winning the title back this soon would be pointless for the Messiah.

Trent Acid v. Dan Maff

I could see either going over here, really. But for some reason I just have a feeling Super Dragon may make an appearance at some point during the match.

CZW Tag Titles

Blackout have just been on a roll, and I don't think this will be any different. And somewhere in the back of my mind, I see XL turning on Red and either joining Blackout or just starting a program with Red. But call that wishful think ;)

Ladder Match

As I said before, I love Nate Webb. Bailey seems to be the obvious winner, but I think that may go to his head a little and allow Webb to sneak out victory.

Re-Match

Sonjay will lose the title soon, just not in this match.

CZW Iron Man Title

I like Super Draogn just as much as the next guy, but personally I feel that Hero is better and will come out on top once again.

I REALLY don't like Evans, but I am a Teddy Hart fan. The RCE are just jobbers and Knoxx and Cash are a thrown together team so I don't see them doing much.

B-Boy v. Bobby Quance

I'm a B-Boy mark, but Quance has been on a roll as of late and I look for him to take this in a close match, which does have the ability to be the show stealer.

Guest Da-One-Da-Franchise

New York Street Fight

Homicide© v. The Messiah

Trent Acid v. Dan Maff

CZW Tag Titles

Ladder Match

Re-Match

CZW Iron Man Title

B-Boy v. Bobby Quance

New York Street Fight

Homicide© v. The Messiah

Don't give the title back to Messiah. I just plain hate the guy.

Trent Acid v. Dan Maff

CZW Tag Titles

Ladder Match

Re-Match

CZW Iron Man Title

B-Boy v. Bobby Quance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JayLethal

user posted image

'Wake Up'

October 23rd 2004

Elks Lodge

Queens, New York

The Elks Lodge is packed for CZW's Debut. Zandig comes out as usual and says that he hopes everyone enjoys the show.

B-Boy v. Bobby Quance

One of the greatest openers for CZW in its history. The two semi-differnt styles made the match great. Qunace going for his high risk offense and B-Boy hitting his usual stiff attacks. B-Boy picked up the win after he hit his shining wizard.

A tag team spotfest at its best right here. The Ring Crew Express debuted their new version of the stage dive where both of them do a front flip. Then both Knoxx and Cash hit stereo dives over the top rope onto the men on the outside. The crowd rose to their feet as Teddy and Jack stepped onto the apron. Teddy Hart springboarded off the top rope and hit a spinning moonsault to the outside. Evans looked back and hit a spring board Phoniex Splash but staed in a ball and almost hit a completle Phoniex 630. The end of the match came when Hart superkicked Marcos and then locked in a Sharpshooter and Evans hit a Shooting Star Press to the outside ontop of the other guys in the match and Marcos eventually tapped.

CZW Iron Man Title

A MOTN contender. Hero went straight for the neck and worked it the whole match until Dragon gained some offense. Dragon hit the curb stomp and stepped out on the apron to go for the spring board spinning kick but Hero whipped the ref into the ropes and Dragon fell off the ropes. Hero quickly locked in the Hangmans Cluth making him tap.

Re-Match

Both men went at it with everything they had. Clark trying everything he had and it looked like he was gonna win it when he hit the 630 but Rave came running out and put Dutts leg on the rope. The angered Clark started yelling at Rave who was standing on the apron. Dutt rolled up Clark for the three count. Rave got in the ring and nailed Dutt from behind. He got on the mic and said the only reason he help Dutt him is because he wants him in a match and that hes the only guy in CZW, no all of America that deserves a shot at his belt.

Ladder Match

One of the craziest ladder matches ever. The underdog Justice did a great job doing a bunch of differnt moonsault varations with the ladder. Nate Webb went for a front flip off the ladder that was in the ring onto Bailey who was laying on a table on the outside but he moved and Webb almost broke himself in half. Bailey hit a twisting dive onto both men who were on the outside off the ladder. The end came when Bailey laid out Justice with chair shot to the head and then laid him on a ladder the was stacked on to chairs. Bailey laid Justice on top of the ladder and hit an amazing 450 Splash onto Justice and got the three count.

CZW Tag Titles

Amazing Red got a huge pop, making his second return to CZW after his knee injury. Sabain and XL faced off first and the crowd started chanting 'Seperated, from birth!' Sabian slapped XL and started talking trash until XL slapped him even harder. The match went on and all four men pulled some inavaited moves. Red went for the Infrared but Bentely pulled Sabain to the outside and Red hit the mat hard. Ruckus laid out XL on the outside with a chair shot when the ref wasnt looking. Ruckus ran in the ring and rolled up Red and used the ropes for the win. All of the Blackout took it to Red as Brain XL laid on the outside.

Trent Acid v. Dan Maff

Acid came in this match pissed off from the last time these two met. Trent being obviously outsized tried all the offense he could, chop-blocking Maff but to no eveil. Maff almost knocked Trent out when he hooked him in the tree of woe position and hit a cannonball. Maff Hit a Burning Hammer and and as he went for a pin lifted Acid's shoulders up. He grabbed the mic and said "I'm gonna finish what Homicide started!" Maff hit the Cop Killa and pinned him for the three count.

New York Street Fight

Homicide© v. The Messiah

The Messiah came out first to a huge chorus of boos. As Homicide hit the ring the whole arena erupted. Homicide stopped at the entrance way and pulled out a shopping cart from the back full with such this as chairs, street signs, newspapers and other random junk. The Messiah immedatly jumped out of the ring and attacked Homicide. Messiah really took it to Homicde using his weapons and some stuff he found from under the ring. At one point he put Homicide on a table and hit a spring board moonsault onto Homicide threw the table. The Messiah pulled out multiple barbwire wrapped objects of sorts. Messiah busted Homicide open with a barbwire wrapped lighttube. Then opened the gash even more with a street sign to the head. Homicide started gaining offense with a couple of slaps to the face. Homicide nailed Mesiah with a chair and then hooked in the STF on the outside. The fight spilt into the crowd and Homicide just smashed about twenty of those plastic chairs over Messiahs head. Homicide laid Messiah against the wall in the crowd and put a chair in front of his head. He hit a running knee that smashed Messiah's nose immedatly. Blood dripped all over everything. Homicide brought Messiah back over the guardrail and laid him against it. He then put a barbwire board across him. He told the crowd to move back, but they didnt listen. Homicide got into the ring and hit a tope can hilo onto the barbwire board that was covering Messiah. The huge impact completley smashed the guard rail and it immedatly fell down. The crowd completely went nuts. Homicde set up another table and brought Messiah to the apron where he hit a cop killa off the apron threw the table. He covered him for the win as the crowd completley went insane. Homicide celebrated in the crowd as the show ended.

Guest JayLethal

user posted image

The Messiah out of Action for Awhile!

The Messiah suffered a severe broken nose from his match with Homicide and is most likeley to miss up to two months. Though his match with Homicide is considered to be a MOTY canidate.

I just went back and reread all the posts and shows, and really only have one problem:

A: Your grammar is spotty, and you seem to go between "real time" writing (Homicide hits Messiah with a chair) to recapping (then Homicide hit Messiah with a chair). Do you see what I mean?

CZW Fan Poll

What do you like about CZW?

In your diary, I like the inclusion of new and old, having a Hero-B-Boy match and a rematch of the SAT (the original six man team)/ Devine Storm and XL classic on the same show just rules.

What do you dislike about CZW?

Deathmatches, both in your diary and in real life.  While I liked that the Bailey-Wifey DM had a story to it, I just can't stand deathmatches.  Hardcore matches with a story I dig, just not deathmatches.  DMs should be saved for RIDICULOUSLY hot feuds, like the Steve Corino-Homicide one in ROH (which ended in a great no-roped barbed-wire deathmatch).  Other than that, DMs are pointless bloodbaths, not wrestling matches.

What would you like to see more of?

Six man tags, and I'd really LOVE to see a six man tag team title.  Wouldn't even have to be an official belt in EWR (which I don't think can be done), it could just be something that stables fight over.  I don't think you should do that until you have more stables or regular six man teams though.  If you do plan on creating more stables (because stables rule), then a six man belt would really help to build stable-stable feuds and stuff (like in Toryumon/Dragon's Gate).

What would you like to see less of?

Roderick Strong losing.  Rod should be breaking everyone's backs, not jobbing.  He no sold the CHOKE BREAKER for christ's sake!

Who do you want to see more of?

PWG guys, like Excalibur, Disco Machine, Aerial Express, and X-Foundation.  Just, whatever you do, don't do another invasion angle with them, like CZW is known to do.

Who do you want to see less of?

The Messiah, he's a spotty wrestler at best.  He's only good for taking a hell of a beating and hitting one of his signature moves.

Who would you want to see make a debut?

Chance Beckett, a really good, yet incredibly underrated talent out of ECWA.  He was spectacular in last year's Super 8 tourney.

Edited by VDP2006

Guest JayLethal

user posted image

'Night of Infamy'

November 13th 2004

Viking Hall

1# Contender Match

JC Bailey v. B-Boy v. Dan Maff

CZW Iron Man Title

Chris Hero© v. Roderick Strong

Blackout v. Bobby Quance and Excalibur

Clark demanded this Match

Jerrele Clark v. Jimmy Rave

Techinical Materpeice

Quiet Storm v. Alex Shelley

Three Men Tag Match

X-Foundation(Scott Lost and Joey Ryan) and Jardi Frantz v. Jay Lethal and Aerial Express(Quicksilver and Scorpio Sky) v. Teddy Hart, Jack Evans and Petey Williams v. Dunn and Marcos and ??

Sonjay Dutt© v. Brain XL v. Amazing Red

Edited by JayLethal

What do you like about CZW?

Homicide being champ and High-Flying Action

What do you dislike about CZW?

Too Many Stipulation Matches

What would you like to see more of?

Tag Matches

What would you like to see less of?

Blackout as Tag Champs

Who do you want to see more of?

Jay Lethal

Who do you want to see less of?

Excalibur

Who woud you want to see make a debut?

CM Punk

user posted image

'Night of Infamy'

November 13th 2004

Viking Hall

1# Contender Match

I'm going to give Danny Maff the nod here, as he will continue his success from last month and beat Two future main eventers. I was torn between B-Boy and Maff, as both could possibly take the match, but in the end, im going to say Maff, with B-Boy just missing on making the save.

CZW Iron Man Title

Hero's going to win, no doubt. He needs to continue the heel turn, and attacking Strong after the match or something would work.

If this is not for the titles, im going to have to say that the inexpirenced and new team of Quance and Excalibur pull out the suprise win here, as Blackout get too cocky.

I think Jimmy Rave will cheat his way to a victory here, and piss off Clark even more. When Rave does get the Jr Heavyweight title match, i see Clark interfering and putting Dutt's foot on the rope as well.

Techinical Materpeice

I think Shelley will pick up the victory here with some underhanded tactic, maybe a low blow or something of the sort followed by a Shellshock and a submission victory.

Three Men Tag Match

X-Foundation(Scott Lost and Joey Ryan) and Jardi Frantz v. Jay Lethal and Aerial Express(Quicksilver and Scorpio Sky) v. Teddy Hart, Jack Evans and Petey Williams v. Dunn and Marcos and ??

I gotta go with Hart, Evans and Williams here. I'm glad you brought in Williams, he's an incredible talent and should defentally be an asset to your company (Plus I mark for him like a 12 year old schoolgirl :) ) I see Williams picking up the win with the Canadian Destroyer.

Theres no doubt that Dutt will get the win here, he has no fued with either guy and if hes about to lose, Rave will save him, as he wants to be the one to take the belt off Dutt.

Guest JayLethal

user posted image

'Night of Infamy'

November 13th 2004

Viking Hall

Three of the best junior heavyweights in CZW in this one. All three men hit there versions of flips to the outside onto each other. XL went for the Michinoku Driver on Red but Dutt gave him a dropkick to the stomach making him drop the move. Red hit the Infrared on XL and got a two count after Dutt broke it up. The finish came with the champion retaining his belt, with a Phoenix Splash onto Red.

After the match ended Dutt left to the back and Red and XL were in the ring. Red started to confront XL about last show how Blackout took him out and not XL. XL said he had nothing to do with it and he walked to the back. Red was about to leave the ring when Blackout came from the crowd and laid him out in the ring until the SAT came out and the fled the ring.

Three Men Tag Match

Dunn and Marcos introduced the newest member of there crew. 'He's served his time and now he's back! The One, the only, Joker!' The crowd erupted and started chanting "Welcome Back!" This match just turned into an instant spotfest, showing the CZW can have there own version of a scramble match. Bodies were flying as the debuting Western wrestlers where throwing out all kinds of different variations of moves. The New Ring Crew Express all hit a the new Stage Dive where Dunn and Marcos hit a front flip off the top rope and Joker hit a springboard flip to the outside. The Canadians stole the match after Petey hit a Canadian Destroyer on Jardi for the three count.

Technical Masterpiece

A true classic right here. Storm just working the right leg of Shelley. Shelley was just trying to keep up and get out of all the holds Storm was coming up with. Storm picked up the win after he hit the Storm Cradle Driver. The to men shook hands after the match.

Jerrele pissed off from all the chances Rave has costed him. Rave playing the cocky heel cheated threw out the whole match. The end came when Clark sitting on the top rope stood up to go for the 630 when out of nowhere Sonjay Dutt comes out from the match and pushes him off the top rope. Dutt looks at Rave and they both smile. The ref disqualifies Rave and Clark is awarded the match. The two men assault Clark and then walk to the back together to a bunch of boos as the raise each others hands.

Blackout came out wearing all red bandannas poking fun at the wrestlers from the Western half of the country, wearing rival gang colors. Quance and Excalibur took it to the tag champs, which they weren’t expecting. Ruckus used his size to hurt Excalibur and ended up almost pinning him after a Razzle Dazzle but it was broken up by Quance. The end came when Excalibur hit the double underhook piledriver on Sabian but Ruckus rolled up Quance before Excalibur could pin Sabain and the Blackout stole a victory.

CZW Iron Man Title

Roderick basically just backdropped the shit out of Hero until he could finally gain some offense with very complicated technical moves working on his lower back. It looked like Strong was about to tap with a chin lock with Hero's knees pushing into Strong’s back. Hero got him to tap after Strong went for a swinging clothesline and Hero ducked, grabbed out his leg and hooked in the STF with a Cobra Clutch.

1# Contender Match

Maff used his size to destroy Bailey while B-Boy lay on the outside after being knocked unconscious with a knee smash to the head. B-Boy finally gained his composure and tried to take it to Maff but he was just too big. Bailey and B-Boy finally started to double team him until he hit a double clothesline then hit a Cannon Ball on both men laying on top of each other in the corner. The ref checked on the two men and Acid snuck in the ring and hit Maff with brass knocks to the head. Bailey slowly climbed the top rope and hit a 450 Splash onto the knocked out Maff for the three count.