Why do I even bother to buy DVD's?

K

I only have Dr. Strangelove on video, so that 2 disc edition sounds like a pretty sweet idea. :shifty:

Meh, I'm not sure I could be bothered with a 3 disc edition of the Shawshank Redemption. My single disc is enough for me.

...But yes, I know the feeling.

if you read some DVD newspages you always know if such stuff is comming (thats why i havent bought anny kill bill yet) so i don´t mind that much, aslo the 3ed disk of the spider-man set is also soled seperatly (very good thing if you ask me) even if you miss the cool senytipe and such

I never buy DVDs unless they look absolutely loaded with extras. Then I won't mind so much if they double dip. If you're a big DVD fanatic, in the next coming years, don't expect to buy any DVD when they're first released because nowadays they're always holding off for the special edition. It really wouldn't be so bad if they made the bare bones disc cheap.

That's nothing. By the end of 2005, companies plan to release another version of DVD, which will, of course, require a new player to play them. It's called HD DVD, and they are expected to be on the market by the end of '05. Source.

That's nothing. By the end of 2005, companies plan to release another version of DVD, which will, of course, require a new player to play them. It's called HD DVD, and they are expected to be on the market by the end of '05. Source.

It will flop. DVD geeks will buy them, but your average Joe finally put the VCR down and bought a DVD player. It's too soon.

i dont see the point of getting the more expensive special edition, when it just has some shitty extras, that werent in the movie because it wasnt needed. I never watch any of the extras, so i couldnt give a shit about paying 10 bucks less for the regular edition, rather than the SUPER MEGA ULTRA EDITION

The only special features I've ever watched on a DVD were the commentaries, and that was just on the ATHF: Volume 2 DVD >_>..

There are only a few DVD's I bothered to go the extra mile and purchase the latest special edtion two disc deal or whatever you folks want to call it. That was Pulp Fiction, Teminator 2, Enter The Dragon, and a couple more that I can't think of because I've been up for a total of 3 minutes so my brain isn't totally functioning yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good, now there's a three disc version of Pirates of the Caribbean. There's a totally unexpected twist. Fuck this.

Studios: DVD Piracy is bad, if you pirate DVD's you are a communist. Hitler pirated DVD's, prove he didn't. If you don't buy our DVD's we're gonna leave some flaming dog-doo on your porch.

Me: Ok, I see your point. Piracy is bad. I'm gonna go to the store and buy some DVD's.

*One hour later our hero returns with some DVD's*

Studio: Bwahahah Sucker! Those were only the special editions! Next week we're releasing the DEFINITIVE VERSIONS! YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED. Stalin only bought the Special Editions! You don't want to be like Stalin do you?

I did not know Hitler had a DVD player.

*Hitler is watching a pirated Pirates of the Caribbean

Hitler: This movie is shite, lets go gas some poeple.

See, Pirates of the Caribbean turns people bad.

Edited by Krazy_K