The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

I missed Community due to work. Perfect Couples sucks. The Office and Parks & Rec were great though.

I like Perfect Couples, but I think it has a different audience than the other shows do. It just doesn't compare well against the other shows in that block.

It really is completely out of place. It belongs more on one of CBS' nights of largely-inoffensive-but-completely-inconsequential "comedies."

And just to beat a somehow-still-fucking-alive horse: fuck Outsourced. Fuck it straight to hell.

I actually quite like Perfect Couples. All three of the couples are pretty funny and work well together.

My favourite moment so far: "It's different this time, you weren't there. I'm big, she drinks from a jar. I really think it can work."

Community was great last night.

"I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 9/11 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think that's just a little bit better."

Also:

"Any particular reason why you had to repeat the first grade?"

"Well, I apparently didn't know how to use scissors. I sat in the middle of the see-saw. And I found the difference between 'duck' and 'goose' to be arbitrary.

Community continues to be a great show. I loved the bit at the beginning where the study group actually doing some sort of studying was something they dreaded.

Oh, and Jo returns to tv :wub:

I liked the ticker on the GCTV that said they still have a shortage of chicken fingers. Something needs to be done about getting more chicken fingers for this school! It also said no paintball this spring, which is disappointing, I was hoping for another episode based on them playing paintball again. :(

Edit: Well, just read that they are actually going to have another one at some point, so that's good.

I found the main story on Community fell a bit flat for me this week. It was still a solid episode (and excellent when placed up against any other television show I watch), but I found Abed's story more interesting this week. Maybe it's just that Annie-and-Jeff-centric episodes are my least favourite, with the exception of anything focussing on Shirley.

Two weeks without Community may kill me, though.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but Perfect Couples is really growing on me. Obviously it's nowhere near the quality of Community, Parks & Rec, The Office or 30 Rock, but it's gotten better with every episode. Don't see it fitting in with CBS' laugh track-o-rama series of crap, strikes me as more of an ABC or Fox show.

Echoing the 30 Rock love though, Chloe Moretz is fucking awesome and tackling the feminist backlash against Tina Fey was hilarious. "I believe we were on page six... where Wonder Woman gets her period."

I liked the ticker on the GCTV that said they still have a shortage of chicken fingers. Something needs to be done about getting more chicken fingers for this school! It also said no paintball this spring, which is disappointing, I was hoping for another episode based on them playing paintball again. :(

Edit: Well, just read that they are actually going to have another one at some point, so that's good.

A two-part season finale featuring Josh "Sawyer" Holloway, no less.