Top 50 Video Games

ROC

Retro Games > * Why doesn't Video games class as being Commodore/Amiga/PC?

10. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive): The best of them all. No question - shame Knuckles wasn't in this one.

9. The Curse of Monkey Island (PC): Murray The Demonic Skeleton is one of the best characters ever.

Murray: "The forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE into the GATES of HELL, carrying your HEAD on a PIKE!"

Guybrush: "Stride?"

Murray: "ALL RIGHT THEN! ROLL! Roll through the GATES of HELL! *pauses* Must you take the fun out of everything?"

8. Street Fighter 2 (God Knows...): Original and best. Before Akira - but I remember the first time I saw Dhalism and Blanka. As a little boy I was amazed at them.

7. Final Fantasy X (PS2): Sheer gameplaying. The Sphereboard is genius.

6. Project X (AMIGA): Bloody difficult, but excellent space shooter.

5. Final Fantasy VIII (PS1): My fave FF keeps changing, but I cry at this at times. The love story is so beautiful...*wipes tear* Plus Seifer kicks arse when he isn't a wuss...

4. Metal Gear Solid (PS1): This moved me. I like the cutscenes - this is like a movie. I can quote most of this off by heart.

3. The Secret of Monkey Island (AMIGA/PC) : Hysterical. Insult Sword Fighting and of course...How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

2. Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge (AMIGA/PC): Best in the series, one of - if not the, funniest game ever. I'm a huge Monkey Island Mark...Lack of Murray the Demonic Skull though...

LeChuck: "What? This Voodoo doll is supposed to send you into a hell dimension of screaming pain and seething torture. *pauses, shakes doll* Shoddy materials...I bet."

1. Sensible World of Soccer (AMIGA): *sings* You're a goal scoring superstar hero...You're a scoring goal superstar hero! Best Football management game ever. Simple...quick...addictive.

10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(I think the original is that the one that starts off with the building on fire?)

9. Starcraft

8. Madden Series

7. Age of Empires 2

6. Super Smash Brothers Series

5. Final Fantasy X

-Greatest Looking RPG with great gameplay, WOW.

4. Counterstrike(I guess you can count this under the half-life series)

-Greatest 1st person shooter ever. Accurate details and Fun. If you never played this before you NEED to play this!

3. Civ 2(Count this under the civilation series)

-Great game in which you have to think and plan and rule an empire yet still have fun and all that jam.

2. NCAA Series

-I can't believe I am the first to vote for this. The past few years this has delieved more than Madden and right now I consider this the best feeling Football game EVER!

1. GoldenEye

-Greatest game ever. If you are bored you can just pop this in and have hours of fun either in mutli player or in singles play. The controls are so simple yet enough complexness to keep you entertained. I just want to say that I own with pistols and I will own you all, just give me a D12 and You can have a AFK and I will kill you!

1. Pro Evolution Soccer 3 (PS2)

2. Super Mario Bros. (SNES)

3. Super Mario Kart (SNES)

4. GTA: Vice City (PS2)

5. Grand Turismo 3 (PS2)

6. Championship Manager Series (PC)

7. Tony Hawk 2 (PS1)

8. The Getaway (PS2)

9. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)

10. SD! HCTP (PS2)

Guest Meatwad

1. Final Fantasy VI(SNES)

2. Super Metroid(SNES)

3. Doom 3(PC)

4. Unreal Tournament 2004(PC)

5. Metal Gear Solid(PS1)

6. Pokemon Silver(GBC)

7. Super Mario Bros. 3(NES)

8. Doom 2(PC)

9. Street Fighter 2 Turbo(SNES)

10. Megaman 3(NES)

Honorable Mentions: Red Alert, Diablo 2, Total Annihilation and Perfect Dark.

1. Super Mario 3

2. Goldeneye

3. GTA: Vice City

4. Donkey Kong(for SNES)

5. Sonic the Hedgehog Series

6. Contra III

7. Streets of Rage series

8 . T.H.U.G.

9 . GTA III

10. Super Mario 1

Edited by Sabu

1 FF VII (PS1)

2 Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)

3 Mario Kart (SNES)

4 Pro Evolution Soccer 3(PS2)

5 GTA: Vice City (PS2)

6 Super Mario World (SNES)

7 GTA 3 (PS2)

8 Championship Manager Series (PC)

9 Street Fighter 2 (SNES)

10 Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC)

1. Pirates! (C64) - Never ever got tired of this classic. Surprised more people haven't mnetioned this or the Gold edition.

2. Civ 2 (PC) - Still play it a bit today, found a whole new lease of life since me and my friends started to play it online.

3. Goldeneye (N64) - God, the amount of hours I spent on multiplayer on this. It used to be school, football afterwards and then to play Goldeneye for a few hours. Magicial times.

4. CM 01/02 (PC) - The one game I have spent the most time on. Oh, so many stories to tell from this game.

5. PES 3 (PS2) - The best football playing game bar none. It feels like real football.

6. Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2) - My favorite story in a computer game. The bit when the Colonol goes mad is my all-time fave gaming moment.

7. Resident Evil (Saturn) - This game was the sort of game I had always wanted to play but never knew it. Made me a mark for the whole series.

8. GTA - Vice City (PS2) - Great. Just great.

9. Tracksuit Manager (C64) - The basis for CM and a truely genre changing game.

10. Perfect Dark (N64) - Got shat on by some people. I loved it.

1. Earthbound [sNES] - The best, and most underrated game EVER, well at least in the RPG field. It had everything that appeals to me, and even then some. Hopefully, a sequel will be followed through on someday.

2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [PS2] - I know it's not out yet, but it's already earned its spot. There's not really another game that i've followed through production like this one, and considering the hours i've had with Vice City, this is going to far surpass anything below it on the list. The open-ended gameplay is what gets to me, that's what I can spend hours on. [NOTE: If this can't be accepted, place VC here.]

3. Super Mario Brothers All-Stars [sNES] - What can you say about a pack that has the original game, the lost levels, Super Mario II and Super Mario III? It was also packaged with Super Mario Worlds, so you can't lose there at all. This is the only game that i'd ever really played as a child

4. Mario Party 2 [N64] - This could've been higher in the series, but i've only ever played up to 3. The ultimate multiplayer game, hell even now me and my friends will drag out a Mario Party to play, no matter what the circumstances. Not too kiddy, not too serious. The perfect party game.

5. Black and White [PC] - It's really given me a nice feeling for the computer gaming scene once again. At most times, i'm not interested since well, I can't exactly play the newer games with my Voodoo 3 card, but Black and White runs smoothly under the right conditions. It has its flaws like every game, but all in all, it's a very unique game and that's what I go for.

6. Super Mario Kart [sNES] - I don't need to say much, now do I? I have fond memories of this game from when I was but a wee-child.

7. NHL 95 [sNES] - I have really great memories of playing this with my father when I was younger, it's the only time I think we've ever bonded over video games, since he was such a big hockey fan. Fond memories here.

8. Super Smash Bros. Melee [GCN] - The only of two party themed games that've really caught my eye. The idea of mascots battling it out seems cheesy at first, but the way it's pulled off in Melee just works so well. An all around great game, whether you're collecting in single player mode or kicking ass in multiplayer.

9. Paper Mario [N64] - And the only other RPG i've really enjoyed other than Earthbound. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but Paper Mario had it. Meh.

10. Banjo Tooie [N64] - Oh what a wonderful game it was... before I fucking lost it. The whole series was awesome.

01. Manhunt (PS2)

02. Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage (Sega Genesis)

03. Super Mario World (SNES)

04. WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64)

05. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)

06. Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)

07. Viewtiful Joe (Gamecube)

08. Final Fantasy X (PS2)

09. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

10. Grand Theft Auto III (PS2)

Guest Mr McFarlane

1: Fable (Xbox) (Yes, Kou's played eet)

2: Championship Manager 03-04 (PC)

3: Medieval: Total War (PC)