....black of hair. 

Solid detective work there, Ned <_<

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been rewatching the series (girlfriends never properly seen it) and since I love this show so much I feel like making some random observations looking back at the beginning.

- Catelyn and Sansa are the two worst characters at the beginning of the show.  Catelyn is sort of redeemable because of Ned, but Sansa is awful and even after everything I've never warmed up to her like I have with other characters that went from the detestable to likable route (Jamie, Theon, Tormund).

- There are parts that become sort of obvious they weren't sure where the story was going, Illyrio/Varys in particular since Illyrio was completely dropped after this.

- Seeing Syrio Forel again reminds me why he is one of my favorite characters, he's just wonderful for some reason.  I think they kept his fate unknown because at the time they didn't know where the story led yet.  I don't ever expect TV Syrio to show up again, but I still hope Book Syrio shows up in the future books.  Or they will just give the fans a nice moment and have him appear to save Arya in the final season.  I didn't expect Benjen to come back but that was proven wrong, so maybe?

- I used to hate Alliser Thorne, now I kind of feel bad for him.  Basically, dude was a Targaryen loyalist and was in King's Landing when The Mad King was killed.  He was offered to take the black to avoid execution.  He ended up getting stranded north of the wall in winter for months and likely had to resort to cannibalism.  At the beginning of the series he is the Master of Arms and he hates Jon for being Ned's son since Ned fought for Robert.  His entire hatred for Jon was misplaced because he thought he was a Stark and not a Targaryen, makes his story kind of tragic.

- Also, Jon and Sam cleaning the mess hall and pillar behind them has RL written on it, subtle.

- Benjen totally knows who Jon really is, which makes sense because of course Ned would tell his younger brother what happened to their sister.  I'm pretty sure Maester Aemon knows as well.

- Bronn has always been one of the best characters in the show.  I heard a theory that he might actually be the last surviving member of House Reyne of Castamere.  Would be kind of cool, but I just love the idea that he is just some random opportunistic sellsword.

- My girlfriend cried when Daenerys stood up to Viserys for the first time, and was so happy when Drogo gave him his gold crown.

- Ned gets stabbed in the leg, so he becomes cranky and walks with a cane.  He makes an over the top ruling to have The Mountain executed and Tywin tried for crimes again the crown.  Then he talks to his daughters and something Sansa says gives him a Eureka moment and he figures out all the clues as to what Jon Arryn was looking into and that Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen are not Robert's kids.   I'm also rewatching House and the parallels really stood out to me.

- Poor Jory Cassel, talks to Jamie about how the fought together at the Siege of Pyke and he almost lost an eye, the next episode Jamie stabs him right in the eyeball.  Season 1 Jamie was the worst.

- One thing I really noticed, Tyrion always says "A Lannister always pays his debts".  He also does this to Mord and the Stone Crows, and really everybody.  Tywin and Cersei don't, they basically try to screw over the Iron Bank of Braavos, and I predict Cersei will do the same with The Golden Company.  I kind of feel like this is a subtle way where GRRM is showing that Tyrion is the only true Lannister.

- Grand Maester Pycelle is not some old man, it's all an act.  I know they cut a scene where Tywin calls him out on it later, but even in Season 1 you have moments where he accidentally lets it slip.

- I still have a couple episodes to go will post more.

• Like 4

Addition: Season 1 isn't very bloodythirsty compared to the rest of the show, here is a list of all the kills of named characters so far:

- Will by Eddard Stark (Executed for desertion)
- Jon Arryn by Lyssa Arryn
- Catspaw Assassin by Summer
- Mycah by Sandor Clegane
- Ser Hugh by Gregor Clegane (Tourney of the Hand Joust)
- Ser Vardis Egan by Bronn (Trial by Combat)
- Jory Cassel by Jamie Lannister
- Viserys Targaryen by Khal Drogo

Plus some nameless characters die at Drogo's wedding, when the mountain clans attack Catelyn's party and some of Eddard's guards.  Of course some major deaths are coming up before the end of the season, I'm just not there quite yet.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Azazel said:

- I used to hate Alliser Thorne, now I kind of feel bad for him.  Basically, dude was a Targaryen loyalist and was in King's Landing when The Mad King was killed.  He was offered to take the black to avoid execution.  He ended up getting stranded north of the wall in winter for months and likely had to resort to cannibalism.  At the beginning of the series he is the Master of Arms and he hates Jon for being Ned's son since Ned fought for Robert.  His entire hatred for Jon was misplaced because he thought he was a Stark and not a Targaryen, makes his story kind of tragic.

Image result for mind blown gif

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Treadn't said:

How'd you personally write out Season 8 if it was your call?

I'm not sure if that is to me or just in general? It's a super hard question... since there are a lot of things that I think will happen.  These are the two main things I would do:

- I would wrap up the Cersei Saga with her being charges for all her crimes and she demands a Trial by Combat, but not just a regular Trial by Combat, a Trial of Seven.  Her side would be The Mountain and probably 6 other of Qyburn's monstrosities, possibly one being Euron Greyjoy.  Her champions will face Sansa's champions which will be The Hound, Jamie, Bronn, Beric, Jorah, Jon and the first even female Knight, Brienne.  The Mountain will kill Jamie and Jorah in the fight before The Hound kills The Mountain with Beric's flaming sword.  Beric's entire story started when he was sent to kill The Mountain and now that his job is done he will give the kiss of life to Jorah and finally die having completed Eddard Stark's mission and ending the war.

- Cersei would need to fulfil per prophecy and be killed by a younger, more beautiful Queen.  Bonus points if Drogon immolates her.

- Jorah Mormont could be the actual new Hero of Lightbringer.  Azor Ahai drove the sword into a lion and the woman he loved to create a blade to fight the long night.  I think it fits Jorah the best, the lion is Tyrion and the woman is Daenerys.  This would fit even better if he ends up being the 1000th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (Jon was the 998th, Dolores Edd is probably the 999th).  He will be the one to kill The Night King.  Maybe Jorah transfers the kiss of life to Dany and gets the super tragic death after he saves Westeros.

- These is a pure pipe dream, but I legit hope Cersei hires a faceless man to kill Sansa, or Dany, or Jon (doesn't really matter who), and it ends up being Jaqen H'gar vs Arya (if it was my call, Syrio would show up here because I love Syrio).

- Jon ends up with the Iron Throne

I have no idea what I would do with everything and everybody, but I figure some people gotta die, and some stories would be best with tragic ends (especially Jamie and Jorah).

• Like 1

So, I hate the fact the TV show has had to deviate from the books, because in the books atm

- Jaime is the biggest good guy (no rapes too)

- Daenerys is clearly blood of the dragon insane, she either gets off when someone dies or is so unshook.

- Bran is the third dragon rider.

- Sansa is a bit of a political auteur.

But as I can’t have these, I don’t care about Bran and hope he isn’t The Night King or Mad Kings voices.

I hope Cleganebowl happens, everyone goes home happy, that leads to Cersei facing trial by combat, she begs her court but nobody takes it up, including Jaime, she finally realises she is alone, she’s screaming in hysterical panic for help, as she comes to terms with it Arya steps in to the arena, flashes to Qyburn and any other supporter that she has slain, and she ends Cersei and her list.

If not that, then Jaime to be the valonquer.

Jon to destroy the iron throne, distributing Westeros to their own kings and queens, Asha in the Iron Islands, Tyrion in the Westerlands, Jon in the North, Bronn in The Reach, Gendry in the Stormlands, Davos in The Riverlands, Sansa in The Vale and who even cares about Dorne.

Brienne, Pod, Arya, Jaime, The Hound all go off to be superknightsofthepeople

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azazel said:

I'm not sure if that is to me or just in general? It's a super hard question... since there are a lot of things that I think will happen.  These are the two main things I would do:-

At this point, everyone can chime in.

How I'd break down Season 8. In spoilers is the biggest possible leak regarding the fact that

Spoiler

I did warn you.

Spoiler

Seriously.

Spoiler

Tyrion turns heel on Team Stark/Targ for some reason. Specifics aren't reported, but reputedly centers on King's Landing playing a part.

S8E1-

• Already confirmed is Dany arriving at Winterfell, parallels to Bobby B's arrival in the series premiere.
  • Euron arrives with Golden Company, wedding to Cersei.
  • Arya briefly becomes her early-S1 self during her reunion with Jon, and I tear up alot.
  • Episode ends with Jon and Dany in the crypts. Bran and Sam are there as well, this is where Jon will discover the truth about his identity.

S8E2-

• Gendry/Arya sidestory culminates in either makeout or sexy times.
  • Jaime arrives in Winterfell early on in the episode, much awkwardness until MatrixBran more or less forgives him. Not like it's the first time he'll act like someone who's lost most of their humanity *cough*Bran talking about the Sansa/Ramsay wedding*cough*
  • Episode ends with the Army of the Dead looking out at Winterfell.

S8E3-

• All but confirmed at this point to be the BATTLE FOR WINTERFELL. Pyyrhic victory for the White Walkers/AOTD.

S8E4-

• The backstory and motivation behind the White Walkers is answered.
  • Culmination of Theon's rescue attempt. He ultimately dies in a figurative blaze of glory, Yara saves herself but is a shell of who she was.

S8E5-

• Bulk of the Battle of Kings Landing, which'll be the climatic series fight.
  • CLEGANEBOWL HAPPENS HERE BOIS #GetHype #FuckingConfirmed #WhatIsHypeMayNeverDie #ButRisesAgainHyperAndStronger
  • Depending on what I believe, spoiler tagged character's heel turn either happens here or is revealed.

S8E6-

• Cersei/Jaime's storyline ending.
  • Ending sequence to the Kings Landing fight, featuring Dance of the Dragons II: Electric Boogaloo
  • If what's in the spoiler tags turns out to be true, then said character's fate.

At series end:

• If the Iron Throne is still a thing, then "The Artist Formerly Known As Jon Snow" Aegon VI Targaryen sits the throne, his last shot is him brooding much like Ned did on the Season 1 DVD artwork.
  • Get the fuck out of here if immediate democracy/republic happens. Magna Carta-esque charter is about as progressive as it'll get for a united Westeros
  • Who rules what?
    THENORF (if there even is a North anymore): Sansa Stark
    The Vale: A newly competent Robin Arryn
    The Riverlands: Edmure
    The Iron Islands: Yara
    The Westerlands: Give it to Brienne for all I know. ¯\_(° ͜ʖ °)_/¯
    The Stormlands: Gendry or Davos.
    The Reach: Ser Bronn of the fookin' Blackwater
    Dorne: For all I care, either Dickon Manwoody gets a bizarre random cameo by being the new ruler or Daario gives up on Mereen and swings on by.
  • Final death tally of named characters: Cersei/Jaime/(possibly) Tyrion, Meera Reed :crying:, Gilly :crying:, Tormund (no giant monster babies with Brienne for him :(), Beric Dondarrion, Harry Strickland, Euron/Theon Greyjoy, Podrick, Sandor/Gregor Clegane, Qyburn :(, Grey Worm, possibly Jorah Mormont.