House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

That queen is a bitch. and so is her son. Goddamn, it seems the theme here is that everyone who is blonde in this show is a bad guy.

Also, that dwarf just became my new favorite character with him slapping the shit out of that ass of her son.

P.S. I am really, really pissed that the wolf had to die :crying:

In other news, this Van Patten guy sure does love his love-making scenes being as graphic as they can be, right?

Solid show, but damnit, the wolf died, and the kid didn't. Thought they'd have enough balls to kill the boy, but I'm guessing it didn't happen in the book, either?

Which boy? If you're referring to the boy Arya was sparring with, then Sandor Clegane chopped him in half. He mentions it to Ned when Ned's headed out to kill the direwolf.

Unless you mean Joffrey, in which case he's got a long way to go...

Bloody loving it so far, it's captured so beautifully so far as well.

I'll echo most of what's been said, cant stand the Queen or her son, though that's a good thing really. Arya is by far my favorite character so far with Bran also being a favorite of mine. Haven't read any of the books, so I'll do my best to avoid all spoilers. And of course I felt like shit when they killed the dire wolf :(

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Assuming this follows the books to the letter (which I expect it will); everyone can expect plenty of death before it's all over.

Just caught the first two episodes (FINALLY) and really enjoyed them. Great choices for casting, solid acting, and they've managed to capture most of the first book's major plot threads so far. Impressive stuff...just what I expected from HBO.

Joffrey is a right little cunt. Casting was spot on there.

Bit disappointed that the Direwolves are taking a far less important role in this than the books, and that in the first two episodes they seemed to have dialled down the hatred Catelyn has for Jon, but apart from that I don't really have any complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys need to keep talking about this. So far the show has been pretty in-line with the books which is both surprising and enjoyable. It helps me remember details from real early in the series that I have forgotten too. You guys have no idea how awesome Jon Snow is going to become by season 3. The same goes for Arya Stark too, but I'll be the first to say she's great already. Love the guy who plays Petyr Baelish, I couldn't have asked for a better depiction of him. If the title is any indication for this next week's episode I think some folks clamoring for death are going to be very, very pleased.

And for those interested, ratings have been on the rise since the show started airing.

The horse thing...and the stabbing in the eye....this was a grusome episode, and I loved it!

This is such a great show, except this week, my boss spoiled the fight at the end of the episode :(

The Mountain is my favourite minor character so far, killed a dude in a joust, cut a horse's head off, what more could you want?

Sex with the blonde?